Final Tribal Council [END]

Moderator: Community Team

Would you play another season in the future?

Yes
75%
No
8%
Maybe
17%

Total votes: 12
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 19
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Final Tribal Council [END]

Post by Long Con »

Did anyone play the entire game without deceiving anyone?
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 35

Post by DharmaHelper »

Long Con wrote:Did anyone play the entire game without deceiving anyone?
Yep.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Quin wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Also I did not understand how it worked,I thought you could only use it onyourself. So I wanted you to pick it up since you seemed more in danger than I.
Idols? Nah. Actually, when LC started bringing up your name and trying to control my BTSC choices, I considered asking Scotty if I could give you the idol. But without a message to go with it, I was worried it'd be wasted, so I just tried to change his mind.
I didn't see it so much as "controlling you"... more like "I'm glad we're on the same page and I can trust him." :rolleyes:
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 47

Post by Quin »

DharmaHelper wrote:I think it came down to a misconception. My understanding was "Quin's role shows him where the idols are, and lo and behold, he keeps running into idols and getting people out with them."

I dunno if that's a fair assumption or not. I also wouldn't have kept more than 3 idols in the game if I were hosting (One on each starting tribe, one on the merge) But that's just me.
That's exactly what it did. I won't refute that the role was overpowered. Since Scotty seemed to plant a new idol after one was played, in theory once I got the first one I could have played it, gotten the next one, played it, and so on.

I just think people are ignoring my game in favour of saying 'he doesn't deserve it' (explicit words said by somebody...) because of what damage my role could have done, rather than what it did.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Long Con wrote:Did anyone play the entire game without deceiving anyone?
Yep.
Ok, you didn't deceive me. I just thought your words meant more than they did.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Long Con wrote:
Quin wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Also I did not understand how it worked,I thought you could only use it onyourself. So I wanted you to pick it up since you seemed more in danger than I.
Idols? Nah. Actually, when LC started bringing up your name and trying to control my BTSC choices, I considered asking Scotty if I could give you the idol. But without a message to go with it, I was worried it'd be wasted, so I just tried to change his mind.
I didn't see it so much as "controlling you"... more like "I'm glad we're on the same page and I can trust him." :rolleyes:
Yeah, I'm more-so saying that from my perspective, because I wanted to go back to SVS and you kept saying 'no, go talk to sawyer and DF'. And as long as you didn't check my role, I thought I could trust you too. But I didn't see a situation where a member of your alliance could go unchecked so I'm a little glad that didn't become a problem.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Quin wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Quin wrote:
Yeah, I'm more-so saying that from my perspective, because I wanted to go back to SVS and you kept saying 'no, go talk to sawyer and DF'. And as long as you didn't check my role, I thought I could trust you too. But I didn't see a situation where a member of your alliance could go unchecked so I'm a little glad that didn't become a problem.
You could have trusted me with knowing your role. A powerful role in the hands of an ally is a good thing.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Long Con wrote:
Quin wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Quin wrote:
You could have trusted me with knowing your role. A powerful role in the hands of an ally is a good thing.
Maybe. Before you though, my loyalty was to SVS and Golden. If circumstances worked out that you could be brought into that then I'd have been welcoming of it - but with you wanting to take on sawyer and DF, while also being part of the 'five' , I didn't see that happening. It would have been cool to work with you longer though, you're a cool dude.
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Quin wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:I think it came down to a misconception. My understanding was "Quin's role shows him where the idols are, and lo and behold, he keeps running into idols and getting people out with them."

I dunno if that's a fair assumption or not. I also wouldn't have kept more than 3 idols in the game if I were hosting (One on each starting tribe, one on the merge) But that's just me.
That's exactly what it did. I won't refute that the role was overpowered. Since Scotty seemed to plant a new idol after one was played, in theory once I got the first one I could have played it, gotten the next one, played it, and so on.

I just think people are ignoring my game in favour of saying 'he doesn't deserve it' (explicit words said by somebody...) because of what damage my role could have done, rather than what it did.
I think part of that from the Jury side is trying to convince other jurors to vote for the person they want to win. It's a good argument. Maybe not a fair or 100% correct one, but it's good.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Quin wrote:

I think part of that from the Jury side is trying to convince other jurors to vote for the person they want to win. It's a good argument. Maybe not a fair or 100% correct one, but it's good.
I hope that's it.
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Oh, I did say I whiffed on my first night of BTSC which was a lie but that wasn't really to deceive anyone. I only had BTSC with Golden that night I think, and we both agreed to not mention it. This was before Mamana agreed on coordinating BTSC.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 42

Post by Golden »

Quin wrote:Someone made a good point in the spectator thread. My role was overpowered, sure. But for 99 percent of the game, nobody ever wanted me out. It's not like I was hiding it. Half the game knew and you let me on my merry way, so in the end, it's mainly on the players heads that I got to the end.
An idol does only save you if you use it. I figured that if there was ever a reason I wanted you out, the trick was just to make you feel safe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

DharmaHelper wrote:Oh, I did say I whiffed on my first night of BTSC which was a lie but that wasn't really to deceive anyone. I only had BTSC with Golden that night I think, and we both agreed to not mention it. This was before Mamana agreed on coordinating BTSC.
I never told anyone that either, not even opt.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

juliets wrote:
Scotty wrote:And just like in the show, Russell makes it to the final 3 and doesn't win :scared:

I totally thought every person sitting in the end had a solid chance of staking a case for themselves and could win it.

Other things:
Dat Survivor Auction was a bit of a mess, and the only reason I didn't do character is because chatzy has a reading limit for free rooms and I wanted to make sure I and anyone else could read back as to what was won. Linki was a bitch though, and I apologize.

Oh, and the mechanics of the hunger and thirst level drop: if no one went to the well, everyone would lose thirst. The only other way to gain thirst was reward
Scotty for Survivor 2, know you can get a mod to disable linki in the thread. Its what we do in the burglary threads to avoid that problem cause the game goes so fast.
This is correct. It never occurred to me that linki would be such a problem, but it can be adjusted for games. We do so for burglaries.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 6
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

OK....I wrote a post this morning on my phone, but I keep getting an error message (like, all day) so not finally typing it on computer.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Congrats, Opt!! Well won. I did consider voting you in the end, for what it's worth. You played well and deserved the win.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

And what you said earlier about games like this is totally true--we say horrible things, stab people in the back, savagely murder them, but then are totally friends after. Mafia: make great friends and then murder them in cold blood. Also, I never had any actual hard feelings. Any anything I said in Ponderosa was still in game. As a player, I didn't want you to win because your vote cost me the game. So I was saying what I could do try to sway votes against you (unsuccessfully). As a person, I didn't feel that way at all. And I'm really looking forward to playing games with you!

Scotty: Great game!!!!! I felt bad pointing out errors, but thank you for letting me know I wasn't seeing things that weren't there or misremembering. Especially in the final picture challenge, where I spent way too much time trying to figure out what word that could be before realizing that a letter was off. And thanks for fixing mistakes, letting me also have a shower despite the 14 seconds off that I was since I had no way of knowing that it was more than a minute, and being generally patient with me.

As for INH, yeah--we figured out your role. I don't remember who or when, exactly, but in discussing in BTSC, we figured out that had to be your role, so that's probably how Golden knew. It's how I figured it out. And, yeah--had you told me, I would have felt very different about the whole thing.

@Quin: Another factor is that because of your role, I think people also stayed away from even consider voting for you because there was an assumption you might have more idols. Not a direct result of the role, but a factor in why people left you alone, I think. At least a factor in why I left you alone. I can't speak for anyone else. I do think you totally deserved to be there in the end, though.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Sorry for the multiple posts....I kept getting errors...so started trying doing line by line...then finally figured out that it just didn't like smilies. So...MP, the site doesn't like smilies right now.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

LoRab wrote:Sorry for the multiple posts....I kept getting errors...so started trying doing line by line...then finally figured out that it just didn't like smilies. So...MP, the site doesn't like smilies right now.
...Strange, to say the least. I'll PM the Tech Team.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
LoRab wrote:Sorry for the multiple posts....I kept getting errors...so started trying doing line by line...then finally figured out that it just didn't like smilies. So...MP, the site doesn't like smilies right now.
...Strange, to say the least. I'll PM the Tech Team.
:omg: :shrug:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I was talking to my niece about the game and was thinking I would try to put a real life Survivor player against each player who played in this game, but it will take a bit of work.

Here's a start

Opt_Outside. She set herself up as a loyal ally to many, and had the ability to get people onside even after she hurt their allies. She took out the one ally she felt she had to take out in order to win, but otherwise played a remarkably loyal game. No-one ever truly came after her or wanted her out. Opt_Outside is Earl Cole.

Quin. He made big moves, and he was willing to antagonise people to make them. He stayed loyal, but primarily because he believed he could beat everyone. His game will be disputed among the Survivor Mafia fandom for eons, asking whether or not he was robbed. Quin is, quite legitimately, Russell Hantz.

Sorsha. She was at her social best, connecting with the right people at the right times and not letting the other people left at the end realise just how socially well connected she was. She was probably a couple of unlucky breaks away from winning (if Quin had gone down at 5 and she had a clear shot at opt at 4, I think she was odds on favourite). She wasn't able to answer as many questions at final tribal council and lost some votes there. Sorsha is Amanda Kimmel.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Golden wrote:I was talking to my niece about the game and was thinking I would try to put a real life Survivor player against each player who played in this game, but it will take a bit of work.

Here's a start

Opt_Outside. She set herself up as a loyal ally to many, and had the ability to get people onside even after she hurt their allies. She took out the one ally she felt she had to take out in order to win, but otherwise played a remarkably loyal game. No-one ever truly came after her or wanted her out. Opt_Outside is Earl Cole.

Quin. He made big moves, and he was willing to antagonise people to make them. He stayed loyal, but primarily because he believed he could beat everyone. His game will be disputed among the Survivor Mafia fandom for eons, asking whether or not he was robbed. Quin is, quite legitimately, Russell Hantz.

Sorsha. She was at her social best, connecting with the right people at the right times and not letting the other people left at the end realise just how socially well connected she was. She was probably a couple of unlucky breaks away from winning (if Quin had gone down at 5 and she had a clear shot at opt at 4, I think she was odds on favourite). She wasn't able to answer as many questions at final tribal council and lost some votes there. Sorsha is Amanda Kimmel.
Happens a lot :grin:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 20
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Golden wrote:I was talking to my niece about the game and was thinking I would try to put a real life Survivor player against each player who played in this game, but it will take a bit of work.

Here's a start

I like this a lot.

Sig would be Francesca.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I would be Negan.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

No, no, sig is Lucy Huang or possibly Melissa McNulty. But you're jumping too far ahead.
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 10

Post by insertnamehere »

Golden = Rob C.

DH = Richard Hatch

SVS = Kathy (Marquesas)

Elo = Michelle (Kaoh Rong)

That's all I was able to come up with off the top of my head.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Golden wrote:No, no, sig is Lucy Huang or possibly Melissa McNulty. But you're jumping too far ahead.
Sig = Wanda Shirk
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 20
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

insertnamehere wrote:Golden = Rob C.

DH = Richard Hatch

SVS = Kathy (Marquesas)

Elo = Michelle (Kaoh Rong)

That's all I was able to come up with off the top of my head.
You are Sandra...

From this current season.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I'm actually Denise the lunch lady.
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

insertnamehere wrote:
Golden wrote:No, no, sig is Lucy Huang or possibly Melissa McNulty. But you're jumping too far ahead.
Sig = Wanda Shirk
Wanda was a whole lot louder than sig!
Opt_Outside
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 29

Post by Opt_Outside »

Thank goodness no one is DEBBIE
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Opt_Outside wrote:Thank goodness no one is DEBBIE
Someone was going to be Debbie...

Debbie 1.0 though.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Quin wrote:I'm actually Denise the lunch lady.
Oh, you were fired from your job for playing this game?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Golden wrote:
Quin wrote:I'm actually Denise the lunch lady.
Oh, you were fired from your job for playing this game?
:haha:
ImageImageImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Ricochet »

I figured this doesn't require a special private message, so I will notify here that the Hall of Fame has been updated with this result. Congratulations again, Opt, you can gaze at your win and rankings here and be sure to stick around for more. We still have a game in sign-ups, for instance. :beer:
Opt_Outside
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 29

Post by Opt_Outside »

Awesome! I need to take a little break and do some things in real life before joining another game but I'll come back soon!
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

LoRab - LoRab played a sly social game, making the right bonds to make good moves, but also pushing the vote in the direction she wanted to when she could. It took a final 4 fire challenge to take her out. While she played a game that was entirely deserving of the win, it's hard to be certain about whether the jury would have rewarded it with a win. LoRab is Cydney Gillon.

Elohcin - Elohcin played the sweet and loyal game, but she was still willing to make sly moves behind the scenes. Her unassuming manner allowed her to get far further than she probably should have been allowed to get. If her moves had manoeuvred her into the majority, there's every chance she could have ended up winning. Instead, moves fell apart on her at key times, and it led to her falling short. Elohcin is T-Bird Cooper.

Golden - from the viewers perspective (and even the jury's perspective), it appeared people couldn't understand why people weren't getting me out. Inside the game, I relied heavily on social bonds and hoped loyalty would get me to the end, but in the end my closest allies realised they would probably lose to me if they let me get to the end. I am David Wright.

S~V~S - as always, S~V~S came at the game with a different perspective on life than everyone else. She played a loyal game towards those she trusted, but anyone else was fair game and she was willing to open the bomb doors and take people out with calculated precision. In the end, S~V~S lost to a lack of flexibility on a day where a key ally knew an idol play would stop things going the way she wanted. S~V~S is Debbie Wanner (Kaoh Rong version).
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Ricochet »

I'm Poppy.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Is Debbie bad? Opt said thank god no one is Debbie?

Should I go cry?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

S~V~S wrote:Is Debbie bad? Opt said thank god no one is Debbie?

Should I go cry?
I was just about to ask Golden about this comparison. You in no way remind me of the Debbie I'm seeing on Survivor right now. Golden, is that the Debbie you are comparing SVS to??
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote:Is Debbie bad? Opt said thank god no one is Debbie?

Should I go cry?
Just this week, on her second season, Debbie had the most ridiculous meltdown ever. She isn't coming across the same way this season that she did in her first.

Debbie 1.0 (the one I compared you too) was motherly, endearing and sharp. I liked her so much, so I'm really disappointed with her this season.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

In fact, she's the first comparison I've used where she's played twice and the performances look completely different.

Russell and Amanda also both played twice and both lost at final tribal for the same reasons twice. In Debbie's first season, I thought she had a good shot of winning if she got to the end (for a while I felt she had the winners edit). This season, not at all.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

@INH Hatch is a name I tangentially recognize! And he was also in that Rat/Snake video so hey boom I'm a snake Got 'em

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

After some light wiki article reading maybe I'm not Hatch

ImageImage
ImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

#BRINGBACKSCOTTY

#SURVIVORMAFIA2:AUSTRALIANOUTBACK
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Scotty pls.

ImageImage
ImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

tbh, I wouldn't mind if this just became a Survivor forum-game website with occasional mafia every once in a while.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

me too i like almost winning
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

As long as I'm not cohosting. That shit was hard. :scared:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.

Return to “Survivor Mafia”