Final Tribal Council [END]

Moderator: Community Team

Would you play another season in the future?

Yes
75%
No
8%
Maybe
17%

Total votes: 12
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 47

Re: Final Tribal Council [END]

Post by Quin »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Quin wrote:Putting on my self-entitlement hat for a second - I'm actually surprised I only got one jury vote. Who dat
If I were in the Jury and it was between the three of you, you might have needed to answer whatever B.S question I came up with to convince me to vote your way. I think fairly or unfairly, your idol power made the jury hesitant to vote for you to win.

Linki @ Golden - I suspected he had the idol (as did INH) I just didn't have the gas in the tank to get the votes swapped around to where it would have mattered.
After a while I sort of went 'this role sucks'. I was actively trying to make it so my role wasn't as overpowered as it was. It's literally half the reason why I came into BTSC and said 'hey, here's the idol - go get it'.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 35

Post by DharmaHelper »

Long Con wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:How the fuck you gonna do me so dirty when I kicked so much ass at battleship guys?
That was you? How did you do it??
We sectioned the map off into smaller grids, assigned everyone a plot of land, and took turns guessing. Apparently you guys just....rattled off numbers?
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 20
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Final Tribal Confessionals:
SVS wrote:I had planned to vote for Sorsha, but Quins answers have blown me away. *Votes Quin to win*
Golden wrote:Opt, this vote was always going to you. You did a great job, and I'm really proud of you. I'm not sure you can beat quin, you definitely made a mistake not keeping your ruthlessness and voting him out. But I think you made the best decisions in this game and you are most responsible for your own making it to the end. You are a truly deserving winner. Good luck! *Vote OptOut*
LoRab wrote:Opt, you lost my trust and my vote a while ago, and Quin you never had mine. Sorsha, I never thought you'd be who I was rooting for in the end, but I really hope you win this. *Vote Sorsha*
insertnamehere wrote:Image
Frankly, Opt, you deserve the win. You maneuvered exactly where you needed to be, and broke with Golden at the perfect time. You're the only person in the final three who can claim to be the reason the other two players are sitting there. That, and this is your first game on The Syndicate? I mean, wow. I'm proud to cast this vote for you, and hopefully, I'll kick your ass in Syndicate Survivor 2: Australian Outback. *Votes OptOut*
Elohcin wrote:I'm voting for sorsha to win. *Sorsha*
notsawyer540 wrote:You were the strongest player and fulfilled the tagline of "Outwit, Outplay, Outlast." You are the true survivor. *Votes OptOut*
DFaraday wrote:It was a tough decision, but going purely on gameplay, I have to give it to Opt. *Votes OptOut*
Epignosis wrote:Opt. For the win. *Votes OptOut*
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 19
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Golden wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Golden wrote:
Long Con wrote:Wow, congratulations, Opt!

Golden, you're on the list. :feb:
I was looking for a single person to turn. Sorsha said she didn't trust you. So down you went.

You gotta say though, I blindsided you good. I pulled a few great blindsides in this game - you, inh, SVS... it was good stuff.
Though it was not what I expected, I wouldn't call it a complete blindside. I don't know whether or not Sorsha relayed to you when I asked her just to be straight up with me if I was getting played. She decided not to grant me that dignity, so yes, I guess you could call it a "blindside". My blind side being my faith that I was dealing with people who had a scrap of sympathy or honour.
She did relay it to me, but I did not trust it not to be an idol play. I thought it was genuinely possible that you and sawyer were planning to play an idol to flip the numbers. I made up stuff for her to copy paste to keep you in the dark.

I may not have had honour, but I did have sympathy.
:confused: :confused: :confused: What are you talking about??? There were no Idols in play until that very Tribal Council, in which you had the only Idol. Wait, am I remembering wrong?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Long Con wrote:
Quin wrote:Putting on my self-entitlement hat for a second - I'm actually surprised I only got one jury vote. Who dat
I would have voted you dude. Congrats on Final Three... rumour has it there's a banner involved in that. ;)
DharmaHelper wrote:Oddly I think Eloh's elimination hit me the hardest. She was my last BTSC partner alongside SVS, and I enjoyed our conversations RE: Loyalty. I think if she'd made it to the end she would have been in the running.

Linki @ LC: Some birdies told me you were talking all kinds of shit about me. :haha:
The fact is that I had a column in my spreadsheet just titled "DH", and people got a positive or negative number for how they were inclined to you. I started it when you started the King of the Island shit. I never wavered for a second from the Goal. I guarantee you that. Anything I said about you was about reading the results for our future benefit.
This makes me feel slightly better :haha:

At least I won't get canonically killed off, right? :scared:
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 42

Post by Golden »

Long Con wrote:
Golden wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Golden wrote:

I was looking for a single person to turn. Sorsha said she didn't trust you. So down you went.

You gotta say though, I blindsided you good. I pulled a few great blindsides in this game - you, inh, SVS... it was good stuff.
Though it was not what I expected, I wouldn't call it a complete blindside. I don't know whether or not Sorsha relayed to you when I asked her just to be straight up with me if I was getting played. She decided not to grant me that dignity, so yes, I guess you could call it a "blindside". My blind side being my faith that I was dealing with people who had a scrap of sympathy or honour.
She did relay it to me, but I did not trust it not to be an idol play. I thought it was genuinely possible that you and sawyer were planning to play an idol to flip the numbers. I made up stuff for her to copy paste to keep you in the dark.

:confused: :confused: :confused: What are you talking about??? There were no Idols in play until that very Tribal Council, in which you had the only Idol. Wait, am I remembering wrong?
I mean a hidden one. We didn't know you or sawyer didn't have one (as it happened, Quin had it).
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I don't know if I had an ideal final 3 in mind. I had a core group I was willing and able to go to the end with. I promise I'm not half the sneaky monster most people around here think I am :P

ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

LC - I mean, here's a rule in Survivor.

Never ask to be voted for...
Never ask people to be straight with you...

They'll assume you are trying to con them into voting for you. Long Con you, even.

It just made me think you were playing me and you were going to invalidate the votes if you found out they were coming your way.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Long Con wrote:
I would have voted you dude. Congrats on Final Three... rumour has it there's a banner involved in that. ;)
DharmaHelper wrote:Oddly I think Eloh's elimination hit me the hardest. She was my last BTSC partner alongside SVS, and I enjoyed our conversations RE: Loyalty. I think if she'd made it to the end she would have been in the running.

Linki @ LC: Some birdies told me you were talking all kinds of shit about me. :haha:
The fact is that I had a column in my spreadsheet just titled "DH", and people got a positive or negative number for how they were inclined to you. I started it when you started the King of the Island shit. I never wavered for a second from the Goal. I guarantee you that. Anything I said about you was about reading the results for our future benefit.
In fairness the birdies that told me you were talking shit also told me they weren't going to bend me over a barrel.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Long Con wrote:
True dat.

Some awesome dude named Con Long or something drafted these cool banners to wear proudly in your sigs!

Congrats to everyone that made jury and above! You're all technically winners in my book!

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Golden wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Golden wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Golden wrote:

I mean a hidden one. We didn't know you or sawyer didn't have one (as it happened, Quin had it).
You didn't know if I might have an Idol... so you colluded secretly against me and broke from the Original Five agreement so easily? I guess you were counting on me NOT having an Idol? :confused: What is this I don't even
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

What is the original five agreement?
Opt_Outside
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 29

Post by Opt_Outside »

Golden wrote:Congrats Opt! You did so well. I'm really pleased you won.

That's no knock against Quin or Sorsha at all. I really thought Quin was going to win that jury vote, so I wanted to push Opt into gear early.

PS Quin - I genuinely had your back entirely and intended to betray LoRab not you (unless she won at final four, then you would have been gone), but I don't blame you at all for not trusting me and voting me out. Not only that, you had me completely fooled (although I should've paid more attention to how relaxed you were when I kept saying 'I'm not sure if Opt will be up for taking you to final three instead of LoRab'... the signs were there).

I really thought that Opt made the wrong choice taking me out... I felt like I was your ticket to win Opt! You were going to beat me, I swear. And if Quin hadn't found that idol at 5 and opt hadn't won the challenge I think Eloh/LoRab/Sorsha would have been the final three... but you guys found your own way anyway and that was equally impressive.

I didn't get to see much of sorsha's game, so it's a shame there wasn't enough time for her to answer my question.
Phew, you had me going! Thank you. I felt you would have taken me to the end, but I would have gotten there riding your coat tails. I would have been disappointed in myself for not blazing my own trail on my one shot at Survivor. And if I'd been a jury member witnessing that, my vote would have gone to you. Next time we'll go all the way as a team :band:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I didn't get to be quite the villain I'd wanted to be, but I did get to squash Boomslang's insurrection. And I had a lasting impact on the game long after my elimination, so I can't really ask for more.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Yeah... looks like the final 5 thing was never going to work out. Too many big egos, no?

Also, cool banners. I'm proud that I've got something to show for what I consider a successful game on my part (although in truth it's anything but) :scared:
ImageImageImageImage
Opt_Outside
Stool Pigeon

Post by Opt_Outside »

Me too dude. I seriously expected to lose to you lol
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Golden, one day I promise you we'll play a game together where we don't rip each others throats out.
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

That's one of the funny things that happened in this game... people thought I had a lot of deals but then I was being told I was in deals that I never was...

Deals I made in the game:

Final three with Quin and SVS pre-game, and a side pact with DH
Final three with Opt and DH at Atamai, final five with LoRab and speedchuck
Final three with Opt and sorsha in the post-swap tribe
Then I gave LoRab a final three deal to slot in to DH's place come merge when he was gone

That was all the deals I made... it's a few, but I heard a lot more that I had apparently made.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Golden wrote:LC - I mean, here's a rule in Survivor.

Never ask to be voted for...
Never ask people to be straight with you...

They'll assume you are trying to con them into voting for you. Long Con you, even.

It just made me think you were playing me and you were going to invalidate the votes if you found out they were coming your way.
Well, I never asked to be voted for, so I'll take your second piece of advice to heart. As long as you take to heart that you voted out a teammate who would have kept the Original Five over any other commitment. notsawyer, sorry, everything we agreed to was a lie on my part. Based on Original Five.

Maybe I could have been your ticket to a win.
DharmaHelper wrote:
Long Con wrote:

In fairness the birdies that told me you were talking shit also told me they weren't going to bend me over a barrel.
And you see how that went. Next time, stick with someone truly loyal. Agree now and we will never speak of it again until after the nest Survivor. We'll just know it. :srsnod:
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Opt_Outside wrote:
Me too dude. I seriously expected to lose to you lol
Honestly, from the way people talked about you in the thread, I expected to win as well. You had some great answers though, and this could have gone either way.
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Quin wrote:Golden, one day I promise you we'll play a game together where we don't rip each others throats out.
I never ripped your throat out. I never even lied to you once :pout: in the chat that day I was really trying to figure out how to get you to the end. I felt like I owed you for voting SVS out.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

LC, you seem to think you had an 'original five' deal with me. I had never even heard about such a thing until after you were gone. Someone was bullshitting you that I had allied with you.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Golden wrote:That's one of the funny things that happened in this game... people thought I had a lot of deals but then I was being told I was in deals that I never was...

Then I gave LoRab a final three deal to slot in to DH's place come merge when he was gone

That was all the deals I made... it's a few, but I heard a lot more that I had apparently made.
Wow. DH told me pregame that he had deals with you, INH, and Quin to combine with DH and I for a Final Five alliance. I foolishly believed it, I guess.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Golden wrote:LC, you seem to think you had an 'original five' deal with me. I had never even heard about such a thing until after you were gone. Someone was bullshitting you that I had allied with you.
DH... he lied to me and to Quin. Same lie. Was INH even involved? :haha: DH, you are too corrupt and deceitful to ever trust.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

When I heard about that post-merge, I thought INH had come up with it. It's part of the reason I stopped trusting him.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Golden wrote:
Quin wrote:Golden, one day I promise you we'll play a game together where we don't rip each others throats out.
I never ripped your throat out. I never even lied to you once :pout: in the chat that day I was really trying to figure out how to get you to the end. I felt like I owed you for voting SVS out.
It was me this time :grin: Smiles aside, I can be a brute.

During our BTSC that night - I was fully prepared to put my faith in you. 100 percent. I thought 'this is someone I want to go to the end with - if he blindsides me, I'll be super pissed, but he'd probably wind up with my jury vote.' But then Opt came and convinced me and I changed my train of thought - blind faith wasn't enough. I thought 'you'd understand, but you'd most definitely be pissed'

I wasn't really happy with the decision I made then, but I thought it for the best.
ImageImageImageImage
Opt_Outside
Stool Pigeon

Post by Opt_Outside »

Golden wrote:That's one of the funny things that happened in this game... people thought I had a lot of deals but then I was being told I was in deals that I never was...

Oh interesting- did svs and quin not propose the final four to you that they did to me? That's where my pact with quin came from. Our final four that turned into final three once svs was out.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Roles Expanded:

sig:
Engineer, originally from Season 12's Exile Island.
Your alibi is Carpenter.

She describes herself as highly adventurous, determined and sexy; a "tomboy in high heels."

When building a fire or shelter, her vote in the day poll counts as 3.
She receives a bonus in all Nimbleness challenges.
As long as Engineer is in the game, effects from weather on the shelter do nothing to her tribe.
Once in the game, Engineer can change her challenge advantage; this must be made clear by PMing the host at some point during the day of the challenge, and will remain in effect for the rest of the game.

Your starting wellness levels are as follows:
20 Energy, 10 Thirst, and 10 Hunger.

Additionally,
Every day, all players may PM the host the names of 2 other players on their tribe. If 2 players select each other, they will receive BTSC during that night phase. Double targeting does not apply with this action- this is the only time double targeting does not apply

Golden:
Actor, originally from Season 2's Africa.
Your alibi is Massage Therapist.

She describes herself as adventurous, fun loving, spontaneous, honest, and kind. Her favorite hobbies include photography, cooking, painting, writing, reading, and her all-time favorite, camping.

Every night, Actor targets three living people on her tribe and copies a power from one player, at random, the next day/night phase, depending on the power. The next cycle, she can either use the power copied or instead abandon the copied power and target 3 people to copy again. If the actor uses a copied power, she may not target 3 more players until the next cycle. May not target the same 3 people twice in a row.

Additionally,
Every day, all players may PM the host the names of 2 other players on their tribe. If 2 players select each other, they will receive BTSC during that night phase. Double targeting does not apply with this action- this is the only time double targeting does not apply

Boomslang:
Cheerleader, originally from Season 28's Cagayan.
Your alibi is Interior Designer.

She describes herself as mature, determined and attractive. Her favorite hobbies interior design, working out and dancing.

Cheerleader receives a bonus in all Nimbleness challenges.
Has permanent BTSC with Football Player, as long as both are still alive and on the same tribe.

As long as Football Player is on a different tribe, or is eliminated, Cheerleader gains the following ability:
She may choose a player in her tribe to gain BTSC with each day phase, lasting until the End of Day. This action is to be done the night before. If the chosen player is voted out, or is on a different tribe the next day, this action will fail.

Additionally,

Opt_Outside:
Football Player, originally from Season 21's Nicaragua.
Your alibi is Postman.

He describes himself as adventurous, athletic, competitive. His favorite hobbies include working on cars, riding 4-wheelers, and hunting.

Football Player receives a bonus in all Strength challenges.
He has permanent BTSC with Cheerleader, as long as both are still alive and on the same tribe.

As long as Cheerleader is on a different tribe, or is eliminated, Quarterback gains the following ability:
He may delegate one player's vote in the day poll. This action is to be done during the day, and that player will be notified that their dayvote was manipulated at EoD. It will not be reflected in the physical poll.

Additionally,

DrWilgy:
Student, originally from Season 11's Guatemala.
Your alibi is Waitress.

She describes herself as enthusiastic, driven and intelligent, a great problem solver and a creative thinker. Her hobbies include skiing, traveling and playing Frisbee with her dog, Toast, who is half golden retriever, half border collie.

If the Student or Teacher ever votes for the other in Tribal Council, they will gain permanent BTSC, provided they are on the same team and neither is eliminated.
Once in the game, she may add herself as a winner to any Reward Challenge: this must be done before the end of day- this does not apply to the entire tribe if her tribe loses the challenge nor can this be applied at the Survivor Auction.

As long as Teacher is on a different tribe, or is eliminated, Student gains the following ability:
For every day Student chooses to rest, she loses no energy the following cycle.

24 Energy, 10 Thirst, and 10 Hunger.

Additionally,

DharmaHelper:
Accountant, originally from Season 28's Cagayan.
Your alibi is Plumber.

She describes herself as competitive, spiritual and "jack-of-all-trades." Her hobbies include golfing, dancing and trap/skeet shooting.

Accountant receives a bonus in all Puzzle Solving challenges.
When the Accountant goes to Tribal Council, her vote has a 10% chance to count as 2, up until the final 4. Every progressive tribal council she frequents, the chance of her vote counting as 2 increases by 2%.

Additionally,

insertnamehere:
Chemist, originally from Season 1's Borneo.
Your alibi is Receptionist.

She describes herself as independent, out-going and meticulous. In her spare time, she enjoys skydiving, kick-boxing, basketball, and martial arts (she has a black belt in karate).

Chemist may target one player every night to inflict a sickness upon that player, up until the final 4. If left untreated, the target’s food, thirst and energy decrease twice as fast every day thereafter.
Once in the game, during the day, she may gift someone else an extra vote to use during the upcoming night period, up until the final 4. If there is no tribal that night, this action will be refunded. May not target the same person twice in a row in any iteration of night actions.

Additionally,

Quin:
Crazy Hillbilly, originally from Season 19's Samoa.
Your alibi is ??? You have no alibi.

He describes himself as someone who works hard, speaks his mind and steps on anyone who gets in his way. In his first season he lied to the other contestants and told them he had survived Hurricane Katrina while his dog drowned, and laughed behind their backs when they felt compassion for him.

This Hillbilly is a sneaky little hobbit. He will be informed if and where a hidden immunity idol has been buried during the night. 

As long as Construction Worker is on a different tribe, or is eliminated, Crazy Hillbilly receives the following ability:
He can secretly select one more option in the day poll by PMing the host at some point during the day.

Additionally,

Elohcin:
Chef, originally from Season 24's One World.
Your alibi is Backpacker.

He describes himself as passionate, determined and motivated. His favorite hobbies include cooking, eating, vacationing with family and surfing.

Two times in the game, he may poison the food, which sickens a target. If left untreated, the target’s food, thirst and energy decrease twice as fast every day thereafter. Fire must be burning to use any action.

As long as Nurse is on a different tribe, or is eliminated, Chef receives this ability:
As long as the fire is burning, Chef receives +2 food every day, and can direct who gets the food the next day via night PM. Cannot target the same combination of people twice in a row.

Additionally,

DFaraday:
Nurse, originally from Season 2's Africa.
Your alibi is Psychologist.

She describes herself as happy, content, adventurous, outgoing, and very much in love. Her favorite hobbies are racquetball, paddleball , running, swimming, and motorcycling.

Nurse may target one person every night, including herself. That person becomes immune to action effects from other players as well as completely curing any sickness.

As long as Chef is on a different tribe, or is eliminated, Nurse gains the following ability:
Once in the game, she may restore up to 2 hunger, 2 thirst and 2 energy all at once to any one player, including herself.

Additionally,

Sorsha:
Fisherman, originally from Season 21's Nicaragua.
Your alibi is Grocery Store Manager.

He describes himself as charismatic, genuine,and proud. His favorite hobbies include rowing, hiking, and swimming.

When he fishes, and as long as the fire is burning, he receives 3 food, and can direct who gets the food the next day via night PM. If he fishes and fire is not burning, he receives 2 food to direct. If fire is not burning and he doesn’t fish, he only receives 1 food to direct. If the tribe has fishing gear, Fisherman receives +1 food when fishing.
Fisherman may not get sick.

Additionally,

speedchuck:
Poker Player, originally from Season 15's China.
Your alibi is Banker.

He describes himself as charismatic, fun and loud. His favorite hobbies include playing poker, playing pool and hitting the nightclubs.

Poker Player receives a bonus in all Puzzle Solving challenges.
Every odd night, he may pick a target and role block. He may not select the same target on back to back odd nights.
Poker Player appears as a different role if checked.

As long as the Police Officer is on a different tribe, or is eliminated, Poker Player gains the ability:
Every even night, he may pick a target and learn which player(s) that target currently has BTSC with, if any. He may not select the same target on back to back nights.

Additionally,

SVS:
Superfan, originally from Season 23's South Pacific.
Your alibi is Entrepreneur.

He describes himself as neurotic, insecure and brilliant. His favorite hobbies include guitar, trivia and studying the music and history of The Beatles.

Every night, Superfan may deliver a BTSC message to one target.
He does not get as hungry as most and as such starts with a higher hunger level.
If sickened, he is only penalized -1 thirst.

As long as the Lawyer is on another tribe, or is eliminated, Superfan gains the following ability:
Every night, instead of sending a BTSC message, he may choose instead to select a target to watch: if anyone targets that player, Superfan will be notified who did so. No double-targeting is allowed with any combination of these 2 actions.

20 Energy, 10 Thirst, and 15 Hunger.

Additionally,

LoRab:
Lawyer, originally from Season 28's Cagayan
Your alibi is Homeless Shelter Manager.

She describes herself as resourceful, tenacious and underestimated. Her favorite hobbies include reading, rabble rousing and golfing/walking/hiking.

This woman loves chaos. Every odd night, she receives the day poll for the next day and can choose to remove one option.
Twice in the game, she can steal 1 point of her choice of either Energy, Hunger, or Thirst from another player. This must be exercised in the night, and the other player must be on the same tribe. Cannot target the same player twice. If player is depleted of the requested attribute, stock will be refunded.

As long as Superfan is on a different tribe, or is eliminated, Lawyer gains the following ability:
Every even night, she can block one person from using their night action/ability. She may not select the same target on back to back even nights.

Additionally,

Long Con:
Police Officer, originally from Season 28's Cagayan.
Your alibi is Gravedigger.

He describes himself as versatile, clever and competitive. His favorite hobbies include jet skiing, playing pool and surfing the web.

He enjoys hanging out in his special spy shack. Police Officer may role-check one person every day. If he role checks the same person later in the game(no double-targeting), he also learns all of their secrets.

As long as the Poker Player is on a different tribe, or is eliminated, Police Officer gains the following ability:
He receives a bonus in all Strength challenges.

Additionally,

Epignosis:
Construction Worker, originally from Season 4's Marquesas.
Your alibi is Hot Dog Vendor.

The city of Boston and his family are the things Construction Worker values the most. His favorite hobbies include hockey, fishing and playing cards.

Construction Worker is a master of persuasion. Once in the game, he may force a random player that has never voted for him during the game to vote for a player of his choosing.
Once in the game, he may engage in a night BTSC with a player of his choice. This action must be made during the day.

As long as Crazy Hillbilly is on a different tribe, or is eliminated, Construction Worker gains the following ability:
Twice in the game, he may force a random player that has previously voted him during the game to vote for a player of his choosing. These votes manipulations cannot be used in tandem the same cycle and this must be submitted during the day phase. If no players fit the condition, the action fails and the stock(s) may be reused again. Players will not know their vote was manipulated until the End of Night.

Additionally,

notsawyer540:
Army Sergeant, originally from Season 18's Tocantins.
Your alibi is Truck Driver.

Army Sergeant has seen two tours of Afghanistan, and knows how to manage a team.

He receives a bonus in all Willpower challenges.
Each night, he can bark orders at one target, making them expend 2 energy and either 2 hunger or 2 thirst during the night instead of 1 each.
Army Sergeant does not get as thirsty as most, and as such, starts with a higher thirst level.

20 Energy, 15 Thirst, and 10 Hunger.

Additionally,

MovingPictures07:
Teacher, originally from Season 23's South Pacific.
Your alibi is Salesperson.

She describes herself as driven, positive and enthusiastic. Her favorite hobbies include swimming with her kids, writing/blogging and baking bread.

If the Student or Teacher ever votes for the other in Tribal Council, they will gain permanent BTSC, provided they are on the same team and neither is eliminated.
Teacher provides an analysis every day in the form of tree-mail. This message must be made during the day for that night phase.

As long as Student is on a different tribe, or is eliminated, Teacher gains the following ability:
She receives a bonus in all Willpower challenges.

Additionally,

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Long Con wrote:
Golden wrote:LC, you seem to think you had an 'original five' deal with me. I had never even heard about such a thing until after you were gone. Someone was bullshitting you that I had allied with you.
DH... he lied to me and to Quin. Same lie. Was INH even involved? :haha: DH, you are too corrupt and deceitful to ever trust.
DH and I never spoke at all - in fact, you were the one who told me about the alliance. When you told me that there was a five, I didn't know what to do. I didn't trust it at all though.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Opt_Outside wrote:

Oh interesting- did svs and quin not propose the final four to you that they did to me? That's where my pact with quin came from. Our final four that turned into final three once svs was out.
Initially, it was a 3 between Golden, SVS and myself. But once we got to the merge, Golden insisted we bring you into the fold, so that 3 really became a four. I'm glad it did.
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Opt_Outside wrote:

Yes, I made that final four deal (and that was my intended real deal - with LoRab fifth), but in my mind that was just combining the deals I'd already made.

Another thing that somehow did the rounds was that I wanted you to win. I was like - hell no, I want ME to win. I just thought you knew you were my ride or die!

I spent the last few days trying to figure out your motivation for voting me... was it that you thought I'd vote you out, or that you thought you'd lose to me, or that you thought I'd sway the jury for you. I never quite got the answer I wanted to that.
Opt_Outside
Stool Pigeon

Post by Opt_Outside »

INH - WHAT HAPPENED ON EXILE?!?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Scotty, what was the deal with alibis? Did they ever have an impact?
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Quin wrote:
Opt_Outside wrote:

Initially, it was a 3 between Golden, SVS and myself. But once we got to the merge, Golden insisted we bring you into the fold, so that 3 really became a four. I'm glad it did.
I needed parity. You had two, I needed two.

Anytime I made a deal with anyone, I said 'Opt's with me, she has to be included'.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Quin wrote:
Long Con wrote:
DH and I never spoke at all - in fact, you were the one who told me about the alliance. When you told me that there was a five, I didn't know what to do. I didn't trust it at all though.
:sigh:
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Long Con wrote:
Quin wrote:
Long Con wrote:
:sigh:
It's okay. We're both victims here.
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Quin wrote:I wasn't really happy with the decision I made then, but I thought it for the best.
I really thought it cost you the game in the moment, but then somehow here you were at final 3.

I was like 'noooo Quin, I'm the only one who will have your back! I owe you one. That was a bad move!'.

But hey, I was wrong. You did just fine.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Golden wrote:
Quin wrote:I wasn't really happy with the decision I made then, but I thought it for the best.
I really thought it cost you the game in the moment, but then somehow here you were at final 3.

I was like 'noooo Quin, I'm the only one who will have your back! I owe you one. That was a bad move!'.

But hey, I was wrong. You did just fine.
It was kind of funny. I'd just told you about how there's no way Opt would bring me to the final 3 over you, and then out of nowhere she says to me 'let's vote out Golden' and go to the end together. It just felt really genuine, and maybe my paranoia was working against me, but you weren't.
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

I learned a lot in this game- not only about hosting, but about balance.
One big mistake I made before the game even started was including the character list/breakdown before the roles were even sent out. That's what the alibis were originally for, but...ya know...that was basically useless with the list of player in the public domain from initial drafting of the game a few years ago.

In my testing, I tried to do my best of testing most of the challenge on people beforehand. There were some challenges that didn't get tested enough....like that Mud Wrestling challenge. That one fell flat IMO. You had a preordained moveset (8 total) and could either block or attack, and either way, it would balance itself out in the end. So it most literally relied on dice rolling.
As for dice rolling, I have to speak to the challenges- I did have a good handful of challenges that relied on luck, and would have liked to limit that considerably more. It's hard to design challenges that can take place over an entire day period and still be fair. I still err on the side of people making their own choices, with a fair amount of luck thrown in...just like real Survivor.
Then of course I had a small amount of typos in the challenges...and if they were there, LoRab would find them :sigh:

I also learned I need to be clearer on many fronts when it comes to instructions.

Oh, and god help me I aint running two threads at once on my own any more. That shit is exhausting. And time consuming. I really lost some time to this little game this month.

All in all, I just hope everyone had as much fun as they could, and I'll say that my job was accomplished. I'm sorry that some of you may have felt ganged up on or uncomfortable with the cutthroat nature of this type of game, but I appreciate you giving it a shot and doing your best anyway. It means a lot.

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

What I really didn't expect was Sorsha blindsiding me though. I wasn't really a fan of her mindset towards the end, but I don't blame her for having it.
ImageImageImageImage
Opt_Outside
Stool Pigeon

Post by Opt_Outside »

Golden wrote:
Opt_Outside wrote:

Yes, I made that final four deal (and that was my intended real deal - with LoRab fifth), but in my mind that was just combining the deals I'd already made.

Another thing that somehow did the rounds was that I wanted you to win. I was like - hell no, I want ME to win. I just thought you knew you were my ride or die!

I spent the last few days trying to figure out your motivation for voting me... was it that you thought I'd vote you out, or that you thought you'd lose to me, or that you thought I'd sway the jury for you. I never quite got the answer I wanted to that.
It was probably 20% you'd vote me out, 80% I thought I'd lose to you. Then I sold quin and sorsha on whatever I could! But the vote for you came out of a huge place of respect for your game. Maybe the jury wouldn't have voted for you like you say, but I certainly would have! The whole time I could see you setting up and dropping hints on how you had orchestrated the big moves and I was like wow this guy is so good
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Hey, scotty...

Hosting is damn hard, and it certainly sucks massive amounts of time. But you did absolutely amazingly. Seriously, like you are going to get theme and hosting nominations for the sockys this year no doubt. It was an amazing, living the real thing experience. I cannot state that enough.

I'm sure DF will agree, however, that we've built enough shelters to last a while :p
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Opt_Outside wrote:I was like wow this guy is so good
Don't forget it when it comes to mafia.

No-one should forget you're good either. This is not the last game you are going to dominate here.
Opt_Outside
Stool Pigeon

Post by Opt_Outside »

Golden wrote:
Quin wrote:
Opt_Outside wrote:

I needed parity. You had two, I needed two.

Anytime I made a deal with anyone, I said 'Opt's with me, she has to be included'.
Wow, thanks for going to bat for me. I'm feeling shittier and shittier about voting for you :haha:
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

btw I'm accepting alliance requests for season 2 hmu
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Opt_Outside wrote:Wow, thanks for going to bat for me.
Well, this is why I was genuinely baffled by your reasoning in the moment being that you thought I'd vote for you. I wasn't sure if you were lying or misreading me. There was no scenario in which I was ever voting you out.

Having said that, you shouldn't feel too bad... I was definitely planning on throwing you under the bus as being merely my +1 at final tribal and hoping that I hadn't alienated so many people that I would lose.

You know what I'm really bummed about? ASKING to be allocated the reward on the puzzle challenge at final 6...
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Quin wrote:btw I'm accepting alliance requests for season 2 hmu
Too late, I've already made two final three deals.
Opt_Outside
Stool Pigeon

Post by Opt_Outside »

Quin wrote:What I really didn't expect was Sorsha blindsiding me though. I wasn't really a fan of her mindset towards the end, but I don't blame her for having it.
That surprised me too! It was a great move on her part though, had it worked
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Golden wrote:
Quin wrote:btw I'm accepting alliance requests for season 2 hmu
Too late, I've already made two final three deals.
yeah, but I already have six idols.
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Ha! Nothing I love seeing more than people who don't know Sorsha well yet.

Return to “Survivor Mafia”