Final Tribal Council [END]

Moderator: Community Team

Would you play another season in the future?

Yes
75%
No
8%
Maybe
17%

Total votes: 12
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 20
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Final Tribal Council [END]

Post by Scotty »

FINAL TRIBAL COUNCIL
Hello players, jury, and viewers. Welcome to the Final Tribal Council!

In this thread, the final three contestants will plead their case to the jury as to why they deserve to be the sole Survivor in Survivor: Mafia, and the Jury members will address the players in their first chance since being voted out.

The final three players are:

Opt_Outside
Quin
Sorsha

The Jury is as follows:
notsawyer540
Epignosis
insertnamehere
speedchuck
DFaraday
S~V~S
Golden
Elohcin
LoRab

Here's how this will work:
The final three may speak as much as they want in this thread: as little or as much as they find appropriate in explaining themselves and their game. Every player had a different game. Show the jury why yours is unique and worthy of their vote.

The Jury is limited to addressing each player (Opt_Outside, Quin or Sorsha) once. This can be all in one post, or in a maximum of three (one person per post). As previously instructed, you may ask a question, make a comment, or do neither to a player. Hell, you may have already made up your mind, and that's fine. But this is your chance to get clarity from players you may be unsure about.

The final 3 players may respond to any and all questions directed at them, but the jury members may not follow up to address the same player. If an answer from one player influences the question the jury would have for another player, then that is fine, provided he or she hasn't already asked that other player a question. It is probably in the best interest of the Final 3 to answer questions from the jury.

In this final tribal council,
the jury will be voting for who they want to WIN the game.

As usual I ask that non/dead players do not post, and that jury members adhere to their posting limits.

Game will conclude by either Midnight PST (in 24 hours) today or as soon as I have received all jury votes, whichever comes first. Either way, a winner will be decided by the end of the day.

Good luck players! :beer:

Episode 14: "Winner and Reunion Show"
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 47

Re: Final Tribal Council

Post by Quin »

first off let me just say holy shit i was shaking reading the fire making challenge :haha:

Second off, my nan and pop are over tonight so I'll properly be back tonight.

Congrats Sorsha and Opt, good luck!
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Opt_Outside
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 29

Post by Opt_Outside »

WE DID IT! Congrats all.

Lorab, this was the hardest vote of the game for me. I knew that voting for you would force and tie and allow you both to have an even chance of making it through. I felt I had to do that for quin because without him, the golden idol play would have never been possible and that play was the turning point of my game. Although my strongest tie in this game was to you and I never intended to write your name down, I felt I had to make the fair choice. I would not have faulted you for doing the same in my position, but I understand if it costs me your vote.

I'll write up a final speech and post it ASAP.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 42

Post by Golden »

Hey opt.

You talked at the end about the jury respecting loyalty but you didn't show any, or lorab and I wouldn't be sitting on the jury right now. My question for you is about loyalty and comes in two parts - first, of loyalty is what the jury respects why did you vote out someone who had to betray a lot of people to get to the end? And why should I vote for you if you believe the jury should be respecting loyalty?

To be honest, you're the least likely of the final three to get my vote right now, so I need to hear a really good answer from you to be persuaded that I should vote for you.

~~~~~~~

Hey sorsha

Congrats on making it to the end. I'm pleased for you! My plan was to take you out but you outsmarted me. Tell me a plan that you had in this game that is uniquely yours that I don't know anything about, that helped you get to the end.

~~~~~~

Hi quin

Congrats on getting to the end. I'm surprised they let you get there, I'll be honest I expected all three votes to come your way, and I think people were foolish not to vote you out. I'll be honest, I thought you made a big mistake voting me out and that you would need my vote at 4 (which you would have had) so I'm proud of you.

Having said that, there's one big problem with voting you to win. For you, finding idols was way to easy. Why should I vote for someone who essentially had a free path to final four?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Opt_Outside
Stool Pigeon

Post by Opt_Outside »

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone for being a part of this game and welcoming me in. It's seriously a dream come true to be pleading my case at a final tribal council of Survivor and I am honored to be sitting here next to two great players. So, here it is:

I came into this game brand new. In an actual game of survivor, we would have all been strangers, but that wasn't the case here. Everyone else got to start with history, friendships, pre-game alliances, and trustworthy connections. They had knowledge of everyone's personalities and tendencies. I had to start from scratch and form bonds with people I've never met. And I'd like to say I succeeded. My name was only written down one time by one person in this entire game.

With all due respect, neither Quin nor Sorsha would still be here without my help. If I had idly stood by, Golden would have blindsided them both out of the game. It would have happened to Sorsha three votes ago if I hadn't changed Quin's mind and proposed a new plan to play the idol on her. That's not to say I don't owe them as well, but it doesn't even come close to the moves I made for them.

Outwit. I made the biggest play of the game in taking out Golden. Let's face it- he was the best player here and would have won hands down. Mad respect to him and his game. No one would have even considered taking him out if I hadn't brought it up. I organized the whole thing and I convinced Quin to use his idol to save Sorsha (who, despite what he did for her, would have happily voted him out of the game last night if I hadn't forced a tie).

As far as big moves the other two made, yes- Quin found idols and used them well. But I also got my hands on an idol and I did it without the built-in idol finding ability that his character had. And I used it to save Lorab. Sorsha did a good job of flying under the radar, but that meant she didn't make any game changing moves either. Nothing wow-ed me. I do congratulate her on this final immunity challenge though.

Socially, I played with an even balance of loyalty and smart moves. I did not blindly trust, nor did I constantly lie and manipulate. I don't think either are winning strategies. Yes, I voted out golden, but the other three people that I gave my word and bond to were sitting there in the final four with me.

Outplay. In challenges, I knew how to fly under the radar and make myself useful in the beginning and then pull out all the stops once it was an individual game. I won five individual immunities in a row. Two or three and someone could argue that it was luck, but five proves that it was the result of strategy and skill. I planned long term for resources and energy. I calculated the odds when dice rolls were involved. I studied everyone's interactions enough to determine what names would be written down in the plate smashing challenge and who it was wisest to target first. I thought hard about what kind of words everyone was likely to choose in the boggle challenge and went in the opposite direction. I paid careful attention to every aspect of the game and it earned me the memory challenge win. And I knew how to play coy the whole time and assure everyone that it was luck.

The combination of everything I've said is why I think I deserve your vote tonight. All three of us outlasted. But when it comes to who outwitted and outplayed, I hope that you'll agree that I earned the trifecta. I can't wait to answer your questions tomorrow. Thank you all for reading this and for your consideration! It has been a pleasure. Good luck everyone :)
Opt_Outside
Stool Pigeon

Post by Opt_Outside »

Golden wrote:Hey opt.

You talked at the end about the jury respecting loyalty but you didn't show any, or lorab and I wouldn't be sitting on the jury right now. My question for you is about loyalty and comes in two parts - first, of loyalty is what the jury respects why did you vote out someone who had to betray a lot of people to get to the end? And why should I vote for you if you believe the jury should be respecting loyalty?

To be honest, you're the least likely of the final three to get my vote right now, so I need to hear a really good answer from you to be persuaded that I should vote for you
Golden.

I'm slightly confused by the wording of your first question but I will do my best. I think you're asking why I voted you out?

First of all, I'm truly sorry to hear that's how you felt about your vote. I know you're a big fan of the show and I hoped you would see that from my perspective, I wouldn't have stood a chance at the end against a player like you. I asked myself at the time- if our roles were reversed, would I respect you making the blindside on me? And I decided that I would. You asked sorsha about a move in the game that was uniquely hers. I trust that to mean you value big moves... and you were mine. I'm sure it feels personal, but it wasn't. If you were watching this game on tv, if you saw this situation play out from your couch at home, would you feel any differently about it? (Also, all of these rhetorical questions I'm about to ask are honest and NOT meant to be sassy even if they seem that way!)
I thought Spencer should have won when he played his second time a couple seasons ago. He made a lot of big moves and from my perspective as an outsider, he played a super great game. But he didn't get a single jury vote. Maybe that's the situation I put myself in. Maybe I'm much more naive than I thought I was.

But I think it's harsh to say that I didn't show any loyalty. I don't think I did much worse than you did. You would have had to betray as many loyalties as I did to get to the end with all the alliances you made, which I think you implied in your question. Does that mean you don't agree with your own game? The alliance I made with you and DH I intended to take to the end no exceptions and it turned into one with lorab, which I was equally happy to honor. Then things got complicated. But when you first proposed the alliance with sorsha you said something along the lines of "this is the part of survivor where making multiple deals has to come into play." I think that means you agree that we did what we had to do.
If you were here alongside me... and quin and sorsha were in the jury- they would have the same glares and questions about loyalty for you. Would you have a better answer than I do? They would feel just as betrayed by you as you feel by me. But wouldn't you hope that they would see past that and agree that it was the best move for you to make? Yes, I do think there are many people on the jury who would have been pissed off at you for betraying them, but if we were here together I would have all the same people pissed off at me. And then it would have come down to who played a better game- which in my opinion would have been you. That's why I voted you out. And at the end of the day, with Sorsha and Quin here next to me, I did honor loyalty- it just wasn't the loyalty I had to you. I had to make a choice- I couldn't honor them all.

I made the best moves I could with what I had. And maybe they were the wrong moves. But all I knew when I signed up for this game was that I did not want to look back at the end of it and realize that my journey was boring. I wanted to take all the risks I ache for people to take on the show. I wanted it to be a wild ride. I wanted to play a game that, objectively, I would be impressed by.

I don't know the best formula to succeed in this game. I can see now that I didn't find it. I think it's insanely complicated- the jury wants to feel that you were loyal, but if you're loyal how can you say you made big moves? People love a good survivor blindside- but then they don't want to vote for the person who orchestrated the blindside? How can you be a strategist and say you outwitted and outplayed without pissing off the people who were outwitted and outplayed? I don't have the answers, I wish I did.

Yes, I think loyalty is something the jury should respect. But it's just one aspect of a many layered game. I think pure loyalty is a choice and if that is your personal code and what you value above all else, I can see why that would earn your jury vote. I didn't say the jury *should* vote for loyalty, I said I think they often *do*. But it's not what I would vote for over a strategic game. Maybe I'm an idealist. But the first word in the motto of this game is outwit. Pure loyalty can get you outwitted. With all the alliances we made together, how could I know that you hadn't made three more that didn't include me? I didn't want to be outwitted.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

My rellies stayed a lot longer than I anticipated and I'm tired now. I'll get an opening statement of sorts out before bed and then answer as many questions as I'm asked once I wake up in the morning.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 10

Post by S~V~S »

Congratulations to all three of you.

I am happy that one member of my primary alliance, Quin, made it to the end. I am also glad that two members of my secondary alliance, Atamai made it, Sorsha, and again, Quin. And all of those Immunity wins, Opt! Very impressive to watch.

This first question is for all of you.

Your success in all three cases, can be attributed to a variety of things. I want to know what, in your opinion, those things are. Skill and luck will both play in, just like real life Survivor. But here we have the added element of role powers.

The Question: What percentage of your success was due to skill, and what to luck, and what to a role power? And if any percentage to a role power,what was that power?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Elohcin »

Good question, SVS.

I just want you three to know that I have no questions. I've made up my mind already.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
notsawyer540
The Mark

Post by notsawyer540 »

My first question to everyone:

Who have you voted for since the merger, and why?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

SVS and sawyer, just making sure you know but there's no 'first' question. You can address each of us once. :srsnod:

I'm not sure if Scotty will let you change your question if this changes things for you, but :shrug:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

The most important thing that you should take from my game is that every single promise and relationship I made meant something to me. Except for INH and Golden (both of which I will explain in a moment), there was not one time that I made a promise to somebody with the intention of stabbing them in the back, whether it be right then or later down the track. I actively tried to keep every promise I had made, and I was not loose with such promises.

For INH, the ordeal regarding the DH vote forced my hand. At the time, he had made his decision about which alliance he intended to stick to, and I felt that if I didn’t clean up my mess, it would come back to haunt me. If I were to say which vote I most regretted, this would be it, because even though INH had always been honest with me, and I didn’t consider us to be enemies, I had to make the decision out of sheer paranoia that he’d get his revenge when he could.

Golden was the vote that hurt me the most to make. The final four alliance that I had with him, SVS and Opt was in my eyes ‘The Alliance’. The decision to vote Golden out was essentially self-preservation. There’s a reason that he was the majority vote for the player with too many alliances in the plate challenge. When SVS was lynched, I realised that he had to go. He had made plenty of excuses for LoRab in our BTSC chats, how he had promised her final five, yet voted out one of the planned final four without a second thought. So while this vote hurt me to make, I don’t regret it. If I didn’t vote Golden out, I don’t think I’d be here right now.

Although my personal loyalty code was a driving factor in how I approached the game, it was not all about friendships and morals. I played this game hard and made plenty of big moves. On the Atamai tribe, I was probably one of the first to pick up the pace and play this game for real. I was strategising, organising my alliances and gathering information straight away. I can’t take credit away from Long Con, but both he and I worked together early to create early game security for ourselves. Even then, I directed him away from SVS, who was in his sights for a vote, to Epi, who was my role enemy.

I can confidently say that I set the entire course for this game with my idol play at the tribe swap. From his interactions on Day 0 and the way he approached the game with his Manama alliance, I took out the biggest threat to my game before he even had the opportunity to strike. I did this even knowing that a final 5 alliance with me, Golden, DH, INH and LC was already in the works. I could have kept the idol secret and followed like a puppy, but I didn’t. I wanted to preserve the alliance I had. If I hadn’t done this, there’s no doubt that the line-up of jury and finalists would be much different. I don’t think I’d be here right now, especially since this was an alliance I wasn’t told I was in until the game had already started.

During challenges, I tried my ass off. While Opt beat me in almost every challenge, these were almost always by small margins. I also strategized my stats constantly. I finished with each of my stats extremely high. I think if it came down to a straight waiting game, I’d outlast both Opt and Sorsha.

In the plate challenge, while two won immunity, I did beat Opt by plate count. Essentially, that means that even among those I wasn’t aligned with, I was considered either an after-thought or someone who didn’t pose a threat to them. I was not setting myself up as an underdog. I presented myself to the thread as a person who was quite clearly playing the game, but also as someone that people liked having around. I shared information as much as I could even when it was disadvantageous to do so, and kept a friendly demeanour to every player, regardless of whether I was aligned with them (and coupled with having to vote one of those players out every night, that is not an easy feat). That’s reflected in the results of that challenge. Relationship management, was again, crucial for my game.

Since it’s been said, (I’ll barely skim the surface here and answer it extensively in the morning), I agree that my role was slightly overpowered. I was told whenever an idol was placed, though sometimes I was given multiple locations as to where it could be. There were also fake idols in play which could have spelled my doom if I wasn’t perceptive enough. With Epi (my role enemy) gone, I could go to a second location each day without anybody knowing. Even so, my role was only a small part of the reason why I’m here now. I want to emphasise that as much as I can now. My hard work (and a little bit of luck) got me here.

I think I’ve said just about everything I wanted to for now. I do want to say that I’ve never had so much fun playing a game on this site with you guys. There was never a dull moment, and for those I crossed, and for those who crossed me, I had fun with that too. For Scotty, there’d have to be a truly spectacular game this year for me to not submit this for the Sockys.

Again, Good luck to Sorsha and Opt. Whoever wins should be extremely proud that they did so. I think all three of us are deserving of the win in our own way.
ImageImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Well, well, well. Look what the cat dragged in.

There's been a whole lotta talk about honesty, and loyalty, and relationships...

You people don't wanna be seen as nasty game players because a couple of pansies on the jury didn't read the whole "OUTWIT, OUTPLAY, OUTLAST" part, and thought this was a friendship circle.

I'm not like them. The only people I trusted were DH and Speed, and you guys fucked both them and me over. So your "honesty and loyalty" can shove it. In my eyes, you're all a bunch of conniving hypocrites.

And you know what? That's perfectly a-okay with me. This is Survivor. Being a conniving hypocrite is something to appreciate, not condemn.

So, I'm gonna be taking a bit of a different tack than the other jurors. I want you all to tell me the biggest, most manipulative, brutally strategic move that you made to get to the end of this game. Sell me on your scumbaggery. I'm gonna be voting for the biggest liar and manipulator.

WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 2

Post by speedchuck »

A question for each of you:
If you were ruled out and sent to be on the council with us, which of the remaining two players would you pick to win and why?
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Opt_Outside
Stool Pigeon

Post by Opt_Outside »

Question: What percentage of your success was due to skill, and what to luck, and what to a role power? And if any percentage to a role power,what was that power?
Svs-

I was the football player. I had three parts to my role. One, permanent btsc with the cheerleader (boom) if on the same tribe. Two, a strength advantage. Three, I could force someone's day poll vote.

First of all, my in-game ally (boom) was the first voted out of Mana. So that advantage was null and void.

I know someone could argue that the strength advantage helped me get through. The strength advantage helped me win an individual immunity ONCE. All it did was help with the luck in the obstacle course challenge. I was given options that would take less time- I still had to choose what the best options were. The strength advantage didn't help me in the other four that I won.

In the willpower hold-the-pole challenge, I had a willpower advantage from the night poll asking us what our best quality was (perseverance). I never picked a night poll answer without careful analysis of what it meant. The main reason I had enough energy to outlast quin (who had the exact same advantage) was because I saved it and replenished it. Sometimes I replenished energy secretly- which is where my forcing a day poll role was helpful.

In the boggle, plate smashing, and memory challenge I had zero advantage. Other players DID have advantages and I still won all three on my own. That was skill.

Forcing someone's day poll vote allowed me to move my own vote without anyone knowing and secretly search for the idol I found. I was also able to move others away from idol searching or move myself to regain energy. It was a helpful ability, but I had to know how to use it wisely. Someone else could have had the same ability and not know how to use it the way I did. That was a combination of role and skill.
Opt_Outside
Stool Pigeon

Post by Opt_Outside »

notsawyer540 wrote:My first question to everyone:

Notsawyer-

My votes correspond directly to who was voted out. I was never on the wrong side of the vote so I voted every night for the person that ended up being eliminated.

notsawyer540 - you were the first and only person to gun for me in this game. Literally the only reason I wrote your name down and targeted you. I'm sorry we didn't get to play together.

Epignosis - you're awesome guy. You're also a huge wild card! Which I think is awesome, but it was also threatening. I owe getting through the tribe split to you, but I never promised not to vote for you. Same as how you told me you'd write down my name before Elo and svs. We were honest with each other, but at the same time I had NO idea where your head was at and you could have voted for anyone at any time

insertnamehere - you played a great Sandra game. A very dangerous player because you went the "I'll be anyone's friend to advance" route which is an awesome strategy. But for the same reason, we knew you'd go far and be a threat if you weren't taken out. Also- who knows what you found on exile?!

speedchuck - the first red flag was confronting long con about his plan. It made me so nervous that our blindside wouldn't work out anymore. Then you started to go for golden and although what you said made sense (he had too many alliances and we all knew it) I agreed that voting for you would protect my alliance. But you were the first person to start my concerns about golden and what you said was the spark for what I ended up doing. And well done in the sand digging challenge.

DFaraday - only because you volunteered :( I'm sorry we didn't get to play longer

S~V~S - you went for lorab. I really wanted to work with you but once a big argument breaks out, one person has to go and I had stronger ties to her and had known her much longer. I can't wait to play again with you.

Golden - the big play. Like I said, no one would have won next to you. Way too good and way too able to deceive.

Elohcin - the only person in the final five I had not pledged myself to. Good game.

LoRab - I voted for you, like I said, because I felt I had to force a tie. Yes, it would have been smartest for me to take out quin. I recognize that I might lose to him now. But I felt that with everything quin did for me in the golden vote, it would cross a loyalty line for me to vote him out cold. I know I've been ripped a new one about my loyalty and I deserve it. But this was the closest compromise I could make when it came down to the two of you. I'm truly sorry that we ended this game on a falling out. It was never my intention.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Epignosis »

Final candidates, I lay before you a task.
1. Look at this map.
2. Take these gold doubloons, worth exactly $200.
3. On the map you will see many names, some familiar, others strange and exotic. Each name has been assigned a value and a symbol (PG, SG, SF, PF, C).
4. Choose eight names. You must choose names that match these symbols: PG, SG, G (can be either PG or SG), SF, PF, F (can be either SF or PF), C, and U (universal- you can put any name here). You cannot, for example, choose three names that are C, but you could choose two that are C (one for C and one for U).
5. You must not exceed the value of your gold doubloons ($200).
6. It is presently just after 5pm EST. The first names on your map will do battle at 7pm EST. If the battle has begun, and you have not posted your names, you cannot select names from that battle, and must make do with those from later battles.
7. Post your eight names in the thread for all to see.
What eight names did you choose? :ponder:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Epignosis wrote:Final candidates, I lay before you a task.
1. Look at this map.
3. On the map you will see many names, some familiar, others strange and exotic. Each name has been assigned a value and a symbol (PG, SG, SF, PF, C).
4. Choose eight names. You must choose names that match these symbols: PG, SG, G (can be either PG or SG), SF, PF, F (can be either SF or PF), C, and U (universal- you can put any name here). You cannot, for example, choose three names that are C, but you could choose two that are C (one for C and one for U).
6. It is presently just after 5pm EST. The first names on your map will do battle at 7pm EST. If the battle has begun, and you have not posted your names, you cannot select names from that battle, and must make do with those from later battles.
I'll come back to earlier questions soon, just answering this now because there's a deadline.

PG - J. Nelson (14)
SG - C. Miles (10)
G - N. Batum (27)
SF - D. Gallinari (25)
PF - A. Gordon (20)
F - K. Leonard (50)
C - S. Adams (17)
U - E. Payton (31)

Wanted to make some edits but the money isn't showing up on refresh so :sigh:
ImageImageImageImage
Opt_Outside
Stool Pigeon

Post by Opt_Outside »

insertnamehere wrote:

There's been a whole lotta talk about honesty, and loyalty, and relationships...

You people don't wanna be seen as nasty game players because a couple of pansies on the jury didn't read the whole "OUTWIT, OUTPLAY, OUTLAST" part, and thought this was a friendship circle.

I'm not like them. The only people I trusted were DH and Speed, and you guys fucked both them and me over. So your "honesty and loyalty" can shove it. In my eyes, you're all a bunch of conniving hypocrites.

And you know what? That's perfectly a-okay with me. This is Survivor. Being a conniving hypocrite is something to appreciate, not condemn.

So, I'm gonna be taking a bit of a different tack than the other jurors. I want you all to tell me the biggest, most manipulative, brutally strategic move that you made to get to the end of this game. Sell me on your scumbaggery. I'm gonna be voting for the biggest liar and manipulator.

INH-

Great question. Simple answer: Golden. I know quin will say that his play with DH was bigger, but let's face it: DH was a giant public threat and a blindside was going to happen there sooner or later. He was a villain (and a damn good one) and I bet a lot of people wanted to see him go. Golden was the hero. Everybody loved golden. Everybody trusted Golden. Everyone was allied with Golden. Once we merged, the first thing everyone said was, "I want to talk to golden!" Everyone's number one. And I blindsided him. My intent was never to be malicious or backstab, but I know that's how it looks to all of you. Yeah, I lied and I betrayed big time. So I'll own that. I'm the biggest scumbag on the final three. I made choices in the moment as best I could. And I played this how I play card games at home- with my head, not my heart.
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Sorsha »

S~V~S wrote:Congratulations to all three of you.

I am happy that one member of my primary alliance, Quin, made it to the end. I am also glad that two members of my secondary alliance, Atamai made it, Sorsha, and again, Quin. And all of those Immunity wins, Opt! Very impressive to watch.

Your success in all three cases, can be attributed to a variety of things. I want to know what, in your opinion, those things are. Skill and luck will both play in, just like real life Survivor. But here we have the added element of role powers.

The Question: What percentage of your success was due to skill, and what to luck, and what to a role power? And if any percentage to a role power,what was that power?
Most of mine was role power. I was the fisherman and could share my catch with others even after it was ruled that no sharing was allowed anymore. I think the first 4-5 days were spent fishing and sharing it with others. I'd have liked to go out searching for idols but I didn't. When I had to I took a nap (I think twice) but it wasn't enough to be able to compete in the challenges like I would have liked too. In the final challenge I think it was mostly luck. The picture puzzle wasn't challenging, just time consuming but the other two were based on factors I couldn't help (the maze and retrieving keys). Again, if I had been able to relax more I'd have been able to have a quicker time in the final challenge being able to dig instead of making a pole but didn't matter in the end.
Opt_Outside
Stool Pigeon

Post by Opt_Outside »

speedchuck wrote:A question for each of you:
If you were ruled out and sent to be on the council with us, which of the remaining two players would you pick to win and why?
Speed-

I would vote for Quin, hands down.

Sorsha's biggest selling point will probably be that she was "honest and loyal". But she wasn't. When it got down to the final five, lorab at least did me the courtesy of saying she was voting a different way than I was. We agreed to disagree. Sorsha lied to me, told me she was voting with me, voted elsewhere, and tried to send Quin home- the person who had just saved her neck. If she had loyalty to anyone, it should have been me and quin. One of the last things she said in the thread was "at this point, don't we have to discard loyalties and do what's best for us to win this game?" And don't forget that even though voting for Golden was my idea, these other two both stood alongside me and blindsided him just as much as I did.

Quin was a great player. He met all three requirements- outwit, outplay, and outlast. His idol move with DH was brilliant. That was the first thing I said to him when we talked. It was ballsy for him to act like a target and then pull out the idol. He spent a lot of time on the bottom but still made it here. He won the second most immunities after me. Also, he's a cool guy.

Quin would have my vote if I were on the jury.
Opt_Outside
Stool Pigeon

Post by Opt_Outside »

Epignosis wrote:Final candidates, I lay before you a task.
1. Look at this map.
Epi, you crack me up. Wanna bet on march madness too?

SF - Labron $57
C - Al Horford $27
SG - Olidapo $22
PG - Ian Smith $16
PF - Cauley-stein $20
F - Middleton $28
G - C Joseph $14
U - Hood $15

Total: $199
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

notsawyer- you asked to be voted out
DF- I think he also asked to be voted out
LoRab- POE at the time and I didn't have an alliance with her at the time
Golden- for reasons already laid out by opt.
Quin for the last two votes-those were the worst two on me. The first one would have been opt if she didn't have immunity that night, last night it was either LoRab or Quin, I figured Quin and opt would vote for LoRab so I left it up to a coin toss/tie vote.

I think I'm missing a vote one of the nights but I probably missed sending it in.
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

insertnamehere wrote:

Might not be manipulative or strategic but Quin used an immunity idol on me which saved me from going home and I've repaid him by voting for him twice since then. (Sorry Quin :scared: )
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Quin, for the whole immunity idol thing.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Golden wrote:Hi quin

Congrats on getting to the end. I'm surprised they let you get there, I'll be honest I expected all three votes to come your way, and I think people were foolish not to vote you out. I'll be honest, I thought you made a big mistake voting me out and that you would need my vote at 4 (which you would have had) so I'm proud of you.

Having said that, there's one big problem with voting you to win. For you, finding idols was way to easy. Why should I vote for someone who essentially had a free path to final four?
My idol finding ability was only a small part of the reason that I’m here now. It’s true that for me, finding idols was easy. Even so, there were times where it was impossible for me to get my hands on an idol, and the relationships I formed protected me from being voted out during that time. The way I used my role is significantly more telling as to why I’m here. Something that I strongly believed in was that having an idol was not something that I needed to progress my own game. I put my trust in my core four alliance, and the first time I ever had BTSC with you, SVS or Opt, I came straight out and said to you ‘This is my role, and I trust that we can work together, so here is where the idol is right now’. The reason Opt ever found an idol was because I specifically told her that it was there. There’s not a single idol that was placed that I didn’t talk about with my alliance, except for the last one which I kept to myself both so I could see where I stood, and just for the sake of a bit of drama.

The way I used my role was significantly more strategic and complex than waiting for an idol and taking it. As I said, I was not afraid to tell my alliance members exactly where the idols were. SVS was supposed to take the first idol, though I can’t remember the circumstances that lead to me taking it instead. For the second idol, I gave the location to both Opt and yourself. The third I found myself, but I was not scared to use it on somebody else, especially so late in the game when it could have been me at any point.

As for how I did use my role, I used it for two main purposes: To secretly keep my energy and hunger stats up in preparation for a challenge like the pole one, and to camp the well so that I would always be either privy to larger BTSC conversations, or else to prevent it from being used by those who ever wanted me out. I also made plans with Opt to work towards getting the four of us to the well at the same time, using my second poll vote and Opts ability to move someone somewhere else.

Almost every time that I performed an idol play, there was always an alternative route I could have gone. With DH, I could have kept the idol hidden, joined DH and worked with the final five alliance. When we voted you out, I could have let Sorsha go and worked with you – likely securing myself at worst final four. I needed the idol at 5, and truthfully, having the idol then was sheer dumb luck. But if I had stuck with you, I might not have needed it. Maybe the same could be true of the first idol play, but that’s too far back.

I didn’t need the idols to make it here. But they helped me to get here on my own terms.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

S~V~S wrote:Congratulations to all three of you.

Being in the final three is mainly a cross between luck and skill. Obviously, luck comes into the fire making challenge. I'd either be sitting here or sitting on the jury. Elsewhere, I don't think Lady Luck favoured me much during this game. My skill in interacting with people, manipulating who I needed to, forming a rapport with people both in my alliance and out, and carrying myself in a way that made me appear invested yet harmless is what I think did the most for me in this game.

My role factors in for sure. But like I said to Golden, I don't think it had a lot to do with why I'm sitting at the end. One could argue that my secondary ability (being to choose a second option on the poll) helped me. But in reality, it didn't. I've explained why I disagree with this in terms of idol hunting, but I also disagree with the assumption that I gained an advantage by secretly boosting my stats. I still lost the challenges that relied on expending my stats. Without that power, my challenge performance would hardly be any different. Where it did admittedly help was in camping the well. I removed one BTSC link from play by anyone who intended to use it as a way to rally numbers to vote me out. That said, I don't believe that there was ever a need for it, or at least I haven't been told whether that was ever on the table.

My role primarily helped to dictate the way that this game unfolded. Without my role, as I said, the line-up would be significantly different. But whether I hadn't voted out DH or Golden, I'd have still made it far enough to have a real shot at taking this spot.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

1. notsawyer - I voted for you for multiple reasons. One being the most important - because you asked for it. 99 percent of the time I would much rather vote someone who didn't want to stay in the game over someone who intended to fight for their life. I also felt more comfortable doing that because in a game where every vote (whether successful or not) has repercussions, a vote with minimal consequence is desirable. You were by every definition a 'safe' vote. Coming into the merge, alliances hadn't formed yet and BTSC chains were too messed up to properly strategise. Golden brought up your desire to be voted out, and he decided to bring that into the thread to make that vote happen.

2. Eloh - In reality, my vote was changed to Epi by Golden's role. My BTSC links to my alliance was cut off for whatever reason and I wasn't sure that the alliance was ready for an Epi lynch. We knew that Eloh and Epi would inevitably come together as an alliance and needed to be broken up. Eloh was also one of the tribe-swapped Manama who I tricked with the DH vote, and she had come into the merged thread extremely unhappy about it. I was sure she would never be on my side.

3. INH - I mentioned this in my opening statement. INH had chosen the Manama/DH alliance over mine and I was forced to trick him. I had to clean up my mess.

4. speedchuck - I made this vote because Golden wanted it. It was a 'favour for a favour' type of thing, since he voted Epi because I needed it. I had no specific reason to want him gone, nor did I have one for him to stay.

5. DFaraday - Pretty much the same as why I voted for notsawyer. He volunteered, and I had no reason to say no.

6. LoRab - I voted LoRab because of my ties to SVS and because that was the mindset of the thread at the time. I was fooled with that idol play.

7. Golden - I didn't vote for Golden because I couldn't beat him at the end. Frankly, I think I stood a chance and if not; I'd have still taken pride in taking someone formidable to the end with me. I voted for him because I stopped trusting in the alliance that he had promised me. After SVS's lynch, I started thinking about it and it became more and more clear that the alliance he intended to stick to included himself, LoRab and Opt. I'd have loved to go to the end with Golden, but alas, the never ending cycle of a Quin/Golden opposition begins anew. :sigh:

8. Eloh - A vote I'd tried to get to happen for a while. I'd let LoRab off the hook because of her allegiance to Golden, but nobody had any real relationships with Eloh in this game.

9. LoRab - I was never going to betray Opt. Opt played a fantastic game and most definitely deserves a spot in the final three. It sounds idealistic considering Opt wasn't voted for, but before we knew for sure how things were going to go, that was the promise I made to her. LoRab was the only option left.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

insertnamehere wrote:Image

I became seen as the big villain of this game after the DH vote. My choice is obvious. I decided that I wasn't interested in the final 5 alliance. With you and Golden as the exception, I was an afterthought in the eyes of the other two. That's barely even part of the reason I did what I did, though. In my information gathering, I found out that LC's role could have ended my game if he ever checked me. While we worked together in the early days, I can't call what we had an alliance. He was actively trying to manipulate my BTSC choices after I first got in contact with him. If Manama hadn't taken him out, I would have had to do it myself. While DH had apparently wanted to take me on board, there was still the issue of him wanting to eliminate the Atamai tribe specifically, because I was outnumbered within that alliance and would have gotten stuck between a rock and a hard place had they ever turned on me.

Therefore, I became the shittest piece of shit in the thread to lure every single Manama vote to take out the person who would have posed the biggest threat to me down the line and disrupt 4 strong from coming together. In doing so I likely set three people with strong ties to DH against me for the rest of the game, and still came out on top. The only reason Golden is being perceived as the biggest threat is because I didn't let DH take the stage.

Also,

ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Opt, no question. No offense to Sorsha, but she played a very under the radar game, never taking the steering wheel for any of the big moves in the game. If you want to call her vote for me at the final 5 a big move, fine. But to me it just looked easy and convenient. She played a good social game in the beginning, and secured herself lynch immunity for a long time because of her generosity (especially in the wake of everyone being sick). Otherwise, I'm underwhelmed.

Opt made plenty of big moves. The Golden vote was her idea. While the execution was a joint effort and couldn't have been done without both of us, it never would have happened if she didn't stick her neck out. Her social game was marvelous considering she was only voted for one time, and her challenge history is admirable.
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Remember to send me your vote PM by midnight PST, Jury members!

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Someone just brought up a good idea:

If you want to submit a vote with a confessional (meaning, a reasoning behind your vote), I can post those after all the votes are revealed too. This is entirely optional, of course :grin:

LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 6
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Opt: I'm not mad at you for voting for me. Nor do I feel particularly betrayed. However, I wish you'd stop saying that you did it to keep things fair--you did it because you chose Quin over me, and I really wish you'd just admit that. It's ok--I understand. We all make choices. I stopped trusting you a long time ago. Before the final vote. Before Golden, even. I haven't trusted you since the plate challenge, when you took those you claimed to be your closest allies and took us out before anyone else. At the time, you lied and said you didn't understand how the game worked. But you've now admitted that you knew exactly what you were doing. You wanted to take us out, and you did not want us to have a chance at immunity. Also, you underestimate folks. You say you had to take Golden out because he was such a threat because everyone trusted him. I'm not sure how true that is. Not everyone who says they trust someone actually does--and people ask for BTSC for all kinds of reasons--not just because they trust someone. Often, quite the opposite. I'm also not sure that Golden would have won against you in the end. But we'll never know that.

So, my question for you is, when did you actually decide to take Quin to the end with you?

Quin: You've admitted that you were intentionally unpleasant when we joined your tribe way back when. And you take a lot of credit for taking DH out, because of the perceived threat of his play. I don't think he was actually that threatening. Also, I think you could have easily made that whole thing work without bringing an air of meanness to the thread that didn't need to be there, and I'm not sure ever really went away. Just yesterday, you implied that I didn't really deserve to be there--I know you claim that you didn't mean that, but if you put your posts together, that's exactly what you were implying in your plea to Sorsha to not vote for you.

So, my question for you is, why should I vote for you?

Sorsha: I honestly never thought I'd end up partnering with you at all this game, and I appreciate that you were willing to do so at the end of the game. I know that we were unlikely partners and that had things been different, we'd have never worked toether. And, in the end, had the coin toss been different, I'd be sitting there with you and I fully appreciate that you'd have helped me get there. I also think that your play in this game has been underestimated--I think you did a lot behind the scenes and played a subtle, but strong game.

So, my question for you is, if you could be up there in the final three with any 2 other players, from throughout the entire game, who would they be and why?
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 6
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

EBWOP: Oh, and by the way, Lucille was delicious.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

LoRab wrote:Quin: You've admitted that you were intentionally unpleasant when we joined your tribe way back when. And you take a lot of credit for taking DH out, because of the perceived threat of his play. I don't think he was actually that threatening. Also, I think you could have easily made that whole thing work without bringing an air of meanness to the thread that didn't need to be there, and I'm not sure ever really went away. Just yesterday, you implied that I didn't really deserve to be there--I know you claim that you didn't mean that, but if you put your posts together, that's exactly what you were implying in your plea to Sorsha to not vote for you.

So, my question for you is, why should I vote for you?
I don't think I could have made it work without making myself the villain. There was every chance that DH would try to take me under his wing, tell me to vote for DFaraday and then have the four of you vote for SVS as a way of both testing my allegiance and eliminating my options. I wasn't going to let that happen. You say that my meanness didn't go away - but it did. If you think I was implying you didn't deserve to be at the end, you're wrong. You do. But when I have to make a plea to have someone bring me to the end, I can't make a case in anybody else's favour. I have to say 'hey, you all suck compared to me - take me with you.'

You should vote for me because I worked harder in this game than anybody else. If you think about who really set the game in motion, who played this game the hardest, I should be at the top of your mind every time. I got to the end without (unnecessarily) breaking promises to those who I had promised things to, by creating relationships that kept me safe and by making moves that set the course of this game. I think I found the perfect balance of strategy and loyalty in this game.
ImageImageImageImage
Opt_Outside
Stool Pigeon

Post by Opt_Outside »

I'm super busy for the next couple hours but I will sneak away to answer ASAP!
Opt_Outside
Stool Pigeon

Post by Opt_Outside »

Lorab-

This is the final tribal, we're laying it all out completely honestly so I hope you'll trust that what I say here is true.

Okay, I agree. By voting for you and forcing a tie, I chose quin's loyalty over yours. I didn't know who would end up in the final three, but you're right- I chose to be loyal to him. And I 100% made that decision right when I sent Scotty my vote. I'm not kidding. I went back and forth on it all day. In the end, quin told me he wouldn't turn on me and vote me out, but he would understand if I voted for him. It had a reverse effect on me. I was just impressed with him and his game and I decided to pick him. I wasn't any less impressed by yours, but he's who I spent my last 24 hours in this game talking to and I felt like we really connected.

You're only partially right about the plate smashing. Yes, at that point in time it had crossed my mind that I might need to vote out golden. But it was NOT something I intended to do anytime soon. The reasoning I gave you two was mostly true. My ulterior motive was that it also opened the door for anyone who was doubting Golden to approach me. Nothing came of it. But I wasn't trying to stop you from getting immunity so I could vote you out- neither of you got immunity and I could have tried to make a move back then but that wasn't my goal at the time.

But perhaps you're quite right about golden. Maybe it was my fatal mistake.

But truly- it was only golden I planned to turn on. I still planned to go to the end with you all the way until this final four played out. I wish I had some master plan that I could lay out for you right now, but I didn't. I'm not saying that because I think it's what you want to hear. I'm not saying that because I want your vote. I seriously don't expect it at this point. I'm saying that because it's true.
notsawyer540
The Mark

Post by notsawyer540 »

notsawyer540
The Mark

Post by notsawyer540 »

notsawyer540
The Mark

Post by notsawyer540 »

notsawyer540
The Mark

Post by notsawyer540 »

notsawyer540
The Mark

Post by notsawyer540 »

notsawyer540
The Mark

Post by notsawyer540 »

notsawyer540
The Mark

Post by notsawyer540 »

insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
notsawyer540
The Mark

Post by notsawyer540 »

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Still missing 2 votes with less than 2 hours to go. Game will end at midnight regardless..

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

:scared:
ImageImageImageImage
Opt_Outside
Stool Pigeon

Post by Opt_Outside »

Just wanna say one thing unrelated to the vote. I've never played an online game like this before. I play a lot of hidden traitor games with my friends in real life and sometimes we end up screaming at each other until we're blue in the face. But after the game ends and our cards are flipped over, it's all laughs. And the fact that someone might have yelled "SHUT UP *****" in my face was all just in-game hilarity. That's the same spirit I tried to bring here. Everything negative or aggressive I've said or done has just been a part of the game. In reality, I've loved getting to know you all and hope to come back and play some more!
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Opt_Outside wrote:Just wanna say one thing unrelated to the vote. I've never played an online game like this before. I play a lot of hidden traitor games with my friends in real life and sometimes we end up screaming at each other until we're blue in the face. But after the game ends and our cards are flipped over, it's all laughs. And the fact that someone might have yelled "SHUT UP *****" in my face was all just in-game hilarity. That's the same spirit I tried to bring here. Everything negative or aggressive I've said or done has just been a part of the game. In reality, I've loved getting to know you all and hope to come back and play some more!
I, and I'm sure everybody else who played, enjoyed playing with you a lot. I hope you sign up to more games soon.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Survivor Mafia”