Final Tribal Council [END]

Moderator: Community Team

Would you play another season in the future?

Yes
75%
No
8%
Maybe
17%

Total votes: 12
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 42

Re: Final Tribal Council [END]

Post by Golden »

Quin wrote:Golden, one day I promise you we'll play a game together where we don't rip each others throats out.
I never ripped your throat out. I never even lied to you once :pout: in the chat that day I was really trying to figure out how to get you to the end. I felt like I owed you for voting SVS out.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

LC, you seem to think you had an 'original five' deal with me. I had never even heard about such a thing until after you were gone. Someone was bullshitting you that I had allied with you.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 19
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Golden wrote:That's one of the funny things that happened in this game... people thought I had a lot of deals but then I was being told I was in deals that I never was...

Deals I made in the game:

Final three with Quin and SVS pre-game, and a side pact with DH
Final three with Opt and DH at Atamai, final five with LoRab and speedchuck
Final three with Opt and sorsha in the post-swap tribe
Then I gave LoRab a final three deal to slot in to DH's place come merge when he was gone

That was all the deals I made... it's a few, but I heard a lot more that I had apparently made.
Wow. DH told me pregame that he had deals with you, INH, and Quin to combine with DH and I for a Final Five alliance. I foolishly believed it, I guess.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Golden wrote:LC, you seem to think you had an 'original five' deal with me. I had never even heard about such a thing until after you were gone. Someone was bullshitting you that I had allied with you.
DH... he lied to me and to Quin. Same lie. Was INH even involved? :haha: DH, you are too corrupt and deceitful to ever trust.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

When I heard about that post-merge, I thought INH had come up with it. It's part of the reason I stopped trusting him.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 47

Post by Quin »

Golden wrote:
Quin wrote:Golden, one day I promise you we'll play a game together where we don't rip each others throats out.
I never ripped your throat out. I never even lied to you once :pout: in the chat that day I was really trying to figure out how to get you to the end. I felt like I owed you for voting SVS out.
It was me this time :grin: Smiles aside, I can be a brute.

During our BTSC that night - I was fully prepared to put my faith in you. 100 percent. I thought 'this is someone I want to go to the end with - if he blindsides me, I'll be super pissed, but he'd probably wind up with my jury vote.' But then Opt came and convinced me and I changed my train of thought - blind faith wasn't enough. I thought 'you'd understand, but you'd most definitely be pissed'

I wasn't really happy with the decision I made then, but I thought it for the best.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Opt_Outside
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 29

Post by Opt_Outside »

Golden wrote:That's one of the funny things that happened in this game... people thought I had a lot of deals but then I was being told I was in deals that I never was...

Then I gave LoRab a final three deal to slot in to DH's place come merge when he was gone

That was all the deals I made... it's a few, but I heard a lot more that I had apparently made.
Oh interesting- did svs and quin not propose the final four to you that they did to me? That's where my pact with quin came from. Our final four that turned into final three once svs was out.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 20
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Roles Expanded:

sig:
Engineer, originally from Season 12's Exile Island.
Your alibi is Carpenter.

She describes herself as highly adventurous, determined and sexy; a "tomboy in high heels."

When building a fire or shelter, her vote in the day poll counts as 3.
She receives a bonus in all Nimbleness challenges.
As long as Engineer is in the game, effects from weather on the shelter do nothing to her tribe.
Once in the game, Engineer can change her challenge advantage; this must be made clear by PMing the host at some point during the day of the challenge, and will remain in effect for the rest of the game.

Your starting wellness levels are as follows:
20 Energy, 10 Thirst, and 10 Hunger.

Additionally,
Every day, all players may PM the host the names of 2 other players on their tribe. If 2 players select each other, they will receive BTSC during that night phase. Double targeting does not apply with this action- this is the only time double targeting does not apply

Golden:
Actor, originally from Season 2's Africa.
Your alibi is Massage Therapist.

She describes herself as adventurous, fun loving, spontaneous, honest, and kind. Her favorite hobbies include photography, cooking, painting, writing, reading, and her all-time favorite, camping.

Every night, Actor targets three living people on her tribe and copies a power from one player, at random, the next day/night phase, depending on the power. The next cycle, she can either use the power copied or instead abandon the copied power and target 3 people to copy again. If the actor uses a copied power, she may not target 3 more players until the next cycle. May not target the same 3 people twice in a row.

Additionally,
Every day, all players may PM the host the names of 2 other players on their tribe. If 2 players select each other, they will receive BTSC during that night phase. Double targeting does not apply with this action- this is the only time double targeting does not apply

Boomslang:
Cheerleader, originally from Season 28's Cagayan.
Your alibi is Interior Designer.

She describes herself as mature, determined and attractive. Her favorite hobbies interior design, working out and dancing.

Cheerleader receives a bonus in all Nimbleness challenges.
Has permanent BTSC with Football Player, as long as both are still alive and on the same tribe.

As long as Football Player is on a different tribe, or is eliminated, Cheerleader gains the following ability:
She may choose a player in her tribe to gain BTSC with each day phase, lasting until the End of Day. This action is to be done the night before. If the chosen player is voted out, or is on a different tribe the next day, this action will fail.

Additionally,

Opt_Outside:
Football Player, originally from Season 21's Nicaragua.
Your alibi is Postman.

He describes himself as adventurous, athletic, competitive. His favorite hobbies include working on cars, riding 4-wheelers, and hunting.

Football Player receives a bonus in all Strength challenges.
He has permanent BTSC with Cheerleader, as long as both are still alive and on the same tribe.

As long as Cheerleader is on a different tribe, or is eliminated, Quarterback gains the following ability:
He may delegate one player's vote in the day poll. This action is to be done during the day, and that player will be notified that their dayvote was manipulated at EoD. It will not be reflected in the physical poll.

Additionally,

DrWilgy:
Student, originally from Season 11's Guatemala.
Your alibi is Waitress.

She describes herself as enthusiastic, driven and intelligent, a great problem solver and a creative thinker. Her hobbies include skiing, traveling and playing Frisbee with her dog, Toast, who is half golden retriever, half border collie.

If the Student or Teacher ever votes for the other in Tribal Council, they will gain permanent BTSC, provided they are on the same team and neither is eliminated.
Once in the game, she may add herself as a winner to any Reward Challenge: this must be done before the end of day- this does not apply to the entire tribe if her tribe loses the challenge nor can this be applied at the Survivor Auction.

As long as Teacher is on a different tribe, or is eliminated, Student gains the following ability:
For every day Student chooses to rest, she loses no energy the following cycle.

24 Energy, 10 Thirst, and 10 Hunger.

Additionally,

DharmaHelper:
Accountant, originally from Season 28's Cagayan.
Your alibi is Plumber.

She describes herself as competitive, spiritual and "jack-of-all-trades." Her hobbies include golfing, dancing and trap/skeet shooting.

Accountant receives a bonus in all Puzzle Solving challenges.
When the Accountant goes to Tribal Council, her vote has a 10% chance to count as 2, up until the final 4. Every progressive tribal council she frequents, the chance of her vote counting as 2 increases by 2%.

Additionally,

insertnamehere:
Chemist, originally from Season 1's Borneo.
Your alibi is Receptionist.

She describes herself as independent, out-going and meticulous. In her spare time, she enjoys skydiving, kick-boxing, basketball, and martial arts (she has a black belt in karate).

Chemist may target one player every night to inflict a sickness upon that player, up until the final 4. If left untreated, the target’s food, thirst and energy decrease twice as fast every day thereafter.
Once in the game, during the day, she may gift someone else an extra vote to use during the upcoming night period, up until the final 4. If there is no tribal that night, this action will be refunded. May not target the same person twice in a row in any iteration of night actions.

Additionally,

Quin:
Crazy Hillbilly, originally from Season 19's Samoa.
Your alibi is ??? You have no alibi.

He describes himself as someone who works hard, speaks his mind and steps on anyone who gets in his way. In his first season he lied to the other contestants and told them he had survived Hurricane Katrina while his dog drowned, and laughed behind their backs when they felt compassion for him.

This Hillbilly is a sneaky little hobbit. He will be informed if and where a hidden immunity idol has been buried during the night. 

As long as Construction Worker is on a different tribe, or is eliminated, Crazy Hillbilly receives the following ability:
He can secretly select one more option in the day poll by PMing the host at some point during the day.

Additionally,

Elohcin:
Chef, originally from Season 24's One World.
Your alibi is Backpacker.

He describes himself as passionate, determined and motivated. His favorite hobbies include cooking, eating, vacationing with family and surfing.

Two times in the game, he may poison the food, which sickens a target. If left untreated, the target’s food, thirst and energy decrease twice as fast every day thereafter. Fire must be burning to use any action.

As long as Nurse is on a different tribe, or is eliminated, Chef receives this ability:
As long as the fire is burning, Chef receives +2 food every day, and can direct who gets the food the next day via night PM. Cannot target the same combination of people twice in a row.

Additionally,

DFaraday:
Nurse, originally from Season 2's Africa.
Your alibi is Psychologist.

She describes herself as happy, content, adventurous, outgoing, and very much in love. Her favorite hobbies are racquetball, paddleball , running, swimming, and motorcycling.

Nurse may target one person every night, including herself. That person becomes immune to action effects from other players as well as completely curing any sickness.

As long as Chef is on a different tribe, or is eliminated, Nurse gains the following ability:
Once in the game, she may restore up to 2 hunger, 2 thirst and 2 energy all at once to any one player, including herself.

Additionally,

Sorsha:
Fisherman, originally from Season 21's Nicaragua.
Your alibi is Grocery Store Manager.

He describes himself as charismatic, genuine,and proud. His favorite hobbies include rowing, hiking, and swimming.

When he fishes, and as long as the fire is burning, he receives 3 food, and can direct who gets the food the next day via night PM. If he fishes and fire is not burning, he receives 2 food to direct. If fire is not burning and he doesn’t fish, he only receives 1 food to direct. If the tribe has fishing gear, Fisherman receives +1 food when fishing.
Fisherman may not get sick.

Additionally,

speedchuck:
Poker Player, originally from Season 15's China.
Your alibi is Banker.

He describes himself as charismatic, fun and loud. His favorite hobbies include playing poker, playing pool and hitting the nightclubs.

Poker Player receives a bonus in all Puzzle Solving challenges.
Every odd night, he may pick a target and role block. He may not select the same target on back to back odd nights.
Poker Player appears as a different role if checked.

As long as the Police Officer is on a different tribe, or is eliminated, Poker Player gains the ability:
Every even night, he may pick a target and learn which player(s) that target currently has BTSC with, if any. He may not select the same target on back to back nights.

Additionally,

SVS:
Superfan, originally from Season 23's South Pacific.
Your alibi is Entrepreneur.

He describes himself as neurotic, insecure and brilliant. His favorite hobbies include guitar, trivia and studying the music and history of The Beatles.

Every night, Superfan may deliver a BTSC message to one target.
He does not get as hungry as most and as such starts with a higher hunger level.
If sickened, he is only penalized -1 thirst.

As long as the Lawyer is on another tribe, or is eliminated, Superfan gains the following ability:
Every night, instead of sending a BTSC message, he may choose instead to select a target to watch: if anyone targets that player, Superfan will be notified who did so. No double-targeting is allowed with any combination of these 2 actions.

20 Energy, 10 Thirst, and 15 Hunger.

Additionally,

LoRab:
Lawyer, originally from Season 28's Cagayan
Your alibi is Homeless Shelter Manager.

She describes herself as resourceful, tenacious and underestimated. Her favorite hobbies include reading, rabble rousing and golfing/walking/hiking.

This woman loves chaos. Every odd night, she receives the day poll for the next day and can choose to remove one option.
Twice in the game, she can steal 1 point of her choice of either Energy, Hunger, or Thirst from another player. This must be exercised in the night, and the other player must be on the same tribe. Cannot target the same player twice. If player is depleted of the requested attribute, stock will be refunded.

As long as Superfan is on a different tribe, or is eliminated, Lawyer gains the following ability:
Every even night, she can block one person from using their night action/ability. She may not select the same target on back to back even nights.

Additionally,

Long Con:
Police Officer, originally from Season 28's Cagayan.
Your alibi is Gravedigger.

He describes himself as versatile, clever and competitive. His favorite hobbies include jet skiing, playing pool and surfing the web.

He enjoys hanging out in his special spy shack. Police Officer may role-check one person every day. If he role checks the same person later in the game(no double-targeting), he also learns all of their secrets.

As long as the Poker Player is on a different tribe, or is eliminated, Police Officer gains the following ability:
He receives a bonus in all Strength challenges.

Additionally,

Epignosis:
Construction Worker, originally from Season 4's Marquesas.
Your alibi is Hot Dog Vendor.

The city of Boston and his family are the things Construction Worker values the most. His favorite hobbies include hockey, fishing and playing cards.

Construction Worker is a master of persuasion. Once in the game, he may force a random player that has never voted for him during the game to vote for a player of his choosing.
Once in the game, he may engage in a night BTSC with a player of his choice. This action must be made during the day.

As long as Crazy Hillbilly is on a different tribe, or is eliminated, Construction Worker gains the following ability:
Twice in the game, he may force a random player that has previously voted him during the game to vote for a player of his choosing. These votes manipulations cannot be used in tandem the same cycle and this must be submitted during the day phase. If no players fit the condition, the action fails and the stock(s) may be reused again. Players will not know their vote was manipulated until the End of Night.

Additionally,

notsawyer540:
Army Sergeant, originally from Season 18's Tocantins.
Your alibi is Truck Driver.

Army Sergeant has seen two tours of Afghanistan, and knows how to manage a team.

He receives a bonus in all Willpower challenges.
Each night, he can bark orders at one target, making them expend 2 energy and either 2 hunger or 2 thirst during the night instead of 1 each.
Army Sergeant does not get as thirsty as most, and as such, starts with a higher thirst level.

20 Energy, 15 Thirst, and 10 Hunger.

Additionally,

MovingPictures07:
Teacher, originally from Season 23's South Pacific.
Your alibi is Salesperson.

She describes herself as driven, positive and enthusiastic. Her favorite hobbies include swimming with her kids, writing/blogging and baking bread.

If the Student or Teacher ever votes for the other in Tribal Council, they will gain permanent BTSC, provided they are on the same team and neither is eliminated.
Teacher provides an analysis every day in the form of tree-mail. This message must be made during the day for that night phase.

As long as Student is on a different tribe, or is eliminated, Teacher gains the following ability:
She receives a bonus in all Willpower challenges.

Additionally,
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Long Con wrote:
Golden wrote:LC, you seem to think you had an 'original five' deal with me. I had never even heard about such a thing until after you were gone. Someone was bullshitting you that I had allied with you.
DH... he lied to me and to Quin. Same lie. Was INH even involved? :haha: DH, you are too corrupt and deceitful to ever trust.
DH and I never spoke at all - in fact, you were the one who told me about the alliance. When you told me that there was a five, I didn't know what to do. I didn't trust it at all though.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Opt_Outside wrote:

Oh interesting- did svs and quin not propose the final four to you that they did to me? That's where my pact with quin came from. Our final four that turned into final three once svs was out.
Initially, it was a 3 between Golden, SVS and myself. But once we got to the merge, Golden insisted we bring you into the fold, so that 3 really became a four. I'm glad it did.
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Opt_Outside wrote:

Yes, I made that final four deal (and that was my intended real deal - with LoRab fifth), but in my mind that was just combining the deals I'd already made.

Another thing that somehow did the rounds was that I wanted you to win. I was like - hell no, I want ME to win. I just thought you knew you were my ride or die!

I spent the last few days trying to figure out your motivation for voting me... was it that you thought I'd vote you out, or that you thought you'd lose to me, or that you thought I'd sway the jury for you. I never quite got the answer I wanted to that.
Opt_Outside
Stool Pigeon

Post by Opt_Outside »

INH - WHAT HAPPENED ON EXILE?!?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Scotty, what was the deal with alibis? Did they ever have an impact?
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Quin wrote:
Opt_Outside wrote:

Initially, it was a 3 between Golden, SVS and myself. But once we got to the merge, Golden insisted we bring you into the fold, so that 3 really became a four. I'm glad it did.
I needed parity. You had two, I needed two.

Anytime I made a deal with anyone, I said 'Opt's with me, she has to be included'.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Quin wrote:
Long Con wrote:
DH and I never spoke at all - in fact, you were the one who told me about the alliance. When you told me that there was a five, I didn't know what to do. I didn't trust it at all though.
:sigh:
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Long Con wrote:
Quin wrote:
Long Con wrote:
:sigh:
It's okay. We're both victims here.
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Quin wrote:I wasn't really happy with the decision I made then, but I thought it for the best.
I really thought it cost you the game in the moment, but then somehow here you were at final 3.

I was like 'noooo Quin, I'm the only one who will have your back! I owe you one. That was a bad move!'.

But hey, I was wrong. You did just fine.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Golden wrote:
Quin wrote:I wasn't really happy with the decision I made then, but I thought it for the best.
I really thought it cost you the game in the moment, but then somehow here you were at final 3.

I was like 'noooo Quin, I'm the only one who will have your back! I owe you one. That was a bad move!'.

But hey, I was wrong. You did just fine.
It was kind of funny. I'd just told you about how there's no way Opt would bring me to the final 3 over you, and then out of nowhere she says to me 'let's vote out Golden' and go to the end together. It just felt really genuine, and maybe my paranoia was working against me, but you weren't.
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

I learned a lot in this game- not only about hosting, but about balance.
One big mistake I made before the game even started was including the character list/breakdown before the roles were even sent out. That's what the alibis were originally for, but...ya know...that was basically useless with the list of player in the public domain from initial drafting of the game a few years ago.

In my testing, I tried to do my best of testing most of the challenge on people beforehand. There were some challenges that didn't get tested enough....like that Mud Wrestling challenge. That one fell flat IMO. You had a preordained moveset (8 total) and could either block or attack, and either way, it would balance itself out in the end. So it most literally relied on dice rolling.
As for dice rolling, I have to speak to the challenges- I did have a good handful of challenges that relied on luck, and would have liked to limit that considerably more. It's hard to design challenges that can take place over an entire day period and still be fair. I still err on the side of people making their own choices, with a fair amount of luck thrown in...just like real Survivor.
Then of course I had a small amount of typos in the challenges...and if they were there, LoRab would find them :sigh:

I also learned I need to be clearer on many fronts when it comes to instructions.

Oh, and god help me I aint running two threads at once on my own any more. That shit is exhausting. And time consuming. I really lost some time to this little game this month.

All in all, I just hope everyone had as much fun as they could, and I'll say that my job was accomplished. I'm sorry that some of you may have felt ganged up on or uncomfortable with the cutthroat nature of this type of game, but I appreciate you giving it a shot and doing your best anyway. It means a lot.

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

What I really didn't expect was Sorsha blindsiding me though. I wasn't really a fan of her mindset towards the end, but I don't blame her for having it.
ImageImageImageImage
Opt_Outside
Stool Pigeon

Post by Opt_Outside »

Golden wrote:
Opt_Outside wrote:

Yes, I made that final four deal (and that was my intended real deal - with LoRab fifth), but in my mind that was just combining the deals I'd already made.

Another thing that somehow did the rounds was that I wanted you to win. I was like - hell no, I want ME to win. I just thought you knew you were my ride or die!

I spent the last few days trying to figure out your motivation for voting me... was it that you thought I'd vote you out, or that you thought you'd lose to me, or that you thought I'd sway the jury for you. I never quite got the answer I wanted to that.
It was probably 20% you'd vote me out, 80% I thought I'd lose to you. Then I sold quin and sorsha on whatever I could! But the vote for you came out of a huge place of respect for your game. Maybe the jury wouldn't have voted for you like you say, but I certainly would have! The whole time I could see you setting up and dropping hints on how you had orchestrated the big moves and I was like wow this guy is so good
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Hey, scotty...

Hosting is damn hard, and it certainly sucks massive amounts of time. But you did absolutely amazingly. Seriously, like you are going to get theme and hosting nominations for the sockys this year no doubt. It was an amazing, living the real thing experience. I cannot state that enough.

I'm sure DF will agree, however, that we've built enough shelters to last a while :p
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Opt_Outside wrote:I was like wow this guy is so good
Don't forget it when it comes to mafia.

No-one should forget you're good either. This is not the last game you are going to dominate here.
Opt_Outside
Stool Pigeon

Post by Opt_Outside »

Golden wrote:
Quin wrote:
Opt_Outside wrote:

I needed parity. You had two, I needed two.

Anytime I made a deal with anyone, I said 'Opt's with me, she has to be included'.
Wow, thanks for going to bat for me. I'm feeling shittier and shittier about voting for you :haha:
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

btw I'm accepting alliance requests for season 2 hmu
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Opt_Outside wrote:Wow, thanks for going to bat for me.
Well, this is why I was genuinely baffled by your reasoning in the moment being that you thought I'd vote for you. I wasn't sure if you were lying or misreading me. There was no scenario in which I was ever voting you out.

Having said that, you shouldn't feel too bad... I was definitely planning on throwing you under the bus as being merely my +1 at final tribal and hoping that I hadn't alienated so many people that I would lose.

You know what I'm really bummed about? ASKING to be allocated the reward on the puzzle challenge at final 6...
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Quin wrote:btw I'm accepting alliance requests for season 2 hmu
Too late, I've already made two final three deals.
Opt_Outside
Stool Pigeon

Post by Opt_Outside »

Quin wrote:What I really didn't expect was Sorsha blindsiding me though. I wasn't really a fan of her mindset towards the end, but I don't blame her for having it.
That surprised me too! It was a great move on her part though, had it worked
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Golden wrote:
Quin wrote:btw I'm accepting alliance requests for season 2 hmu
Too late, I've already made two final three deals.
yeah, but I already have six idols.
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Ha! Nothing I love seeing more than people who don't know Sorsha well yet.
Opt_Outside
Stool Pigeon

Post by Opt_Outside »

Scotty- this was rad. When you first told me that you were planning this game forever ago I had no idea it would be this cool! Most of those challenges were so well done- that memory one and the idol in the sand and all the puzzles you created... good stuff, man.

Poor speedchuck though- the part of his role that was like "can learn who had btsc" :pout:
Opt_Outside
Stool Pigeon

Post by Opt_Outside »

Golden wrote:
Opt_Outside wrote:Wow, thanks for going to bat for me.
Well, this is why I was genuinely baffled by your reasoning in the moment being that you thought I'd vote for you. I wasn't sure if you were lying or misreading me. There was no scenario in which I was ever voting you out.

Having said that, you shouldn't feel too bad... I was definitely planning on throwing you under the bus as being merely my +1 at final tribal and hoping that I hadn't alienated so many people that I would lose.

You know what I'm really bummed about? ASKING to be allocated the reward on the puzzle challenge at final 6...
Mhm, I envisioned this scenario where we were at final tribal and you laid out this insanely well written speech about how you dragged me along since day one but you were the brains and action behind everything and I would be like ........yeah he's right vote for him
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Golden wrote:Hey, scotty...

Hosting is damn hard, and it certainly sucks massive amounts of time. But you did absolutely amazingly. Seriously, like you are going to get theme and hosting nominations for the sockys this year no doubt. It was an amazing, living the real thing experience. I cannot state that enough.

I'm sure DF will agree, however, that we've built enough shelters to last a while :p
Thanks man!

hahahaha those damn shelters.

Some secrets about the day polls:

-attempt to start a fire (needs 1 success from each team to succeed. If fail, team is fireless, can't cook meat. One person has 25% chance to succeed. With each successive vote for fire, it will add 25% chance to succeed. 4 votes is 100%. If no fire burning, fish will have a harder time cooking, and will be penalized -1. A completed fire only need 1 person to be stoked the next day and continue the flame)

-attempt to build a shelter (needs 5 from each team to build good shelter that will last permanently. If only 3-4 people attempt, the shelter will be built, but will fall apart in 3 days’ time. If only 2 people attempt, the shelter will be built, but will fall apart in 2 days’ time. If 0-1 persons attempt, the shelter will not be built. If a team has no shelter, they will lose 1 energy in a cycle, on top of weather effects)

-go to water well (starts BTSC with each other for the night phase. Only 1 person needed. Water lasts 1 cycle. If no water, players will lose 1 thirst in a cycle, on top of other effects)

-attempt to fish (For each person that fishes, supplies 0-1 food for the person that fishes, provided there is a fire. With fishing gear, supplies 1-2 extra food, provided there is a fire.)

-walk along the felled palm tree (find the hidden immunity idol. If multiple look here, the recipient is randomized, and the other one will receive a message saying there is only a displacement as if something used to be there.)

-take a nap (+d3 energy at end of phase)

-starting on day 2, the natural footbridge contained a chicken. If both teams had found the chicken, there would maybe be 2 chicken through merge.

Merge added 2-3 more locations. The ridge beyond the hill had a fake idol that could be reburied for someone else to find. Golden found it, reburied it, and Quin found it.

The idol was reburied in random locations outside of camp after being used.

On Day 9-Night 9, there was already a built in rain monsoon that was to block BTSC.

Opt_Outside
Stool Pigeon

Post by Opt_Outside »

Scotty wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Quin wrote:Putting on my self-entitlement hat for a second - I'm actually surprised I only got one jury vote. Who dat
I would have voted you dude. Congrats on Final Three... rumour has it there's a banner involved in that. ;)
True dat.

Some awesome dude named Con Long or something drafted these cool banners to wear proudly in your sigs!

Congrats to everyone that made jury and above! You're all technically winners in my book!
Cool!! ....so I have no idea how to make a signature- anyone able to help me out here?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Click User control Panel
Click the profile tag
Say edit signature

In thread, quote scotty's post, and copy and paste the correct link into the signature. Done!
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

My banner repertoire got good :grin:
ImageImageImageImage
Opt_Outside
Stool Pigeon

Post by Opt_Outside »

-starting on day 2, the natural footbridge contained a chicken. If both teams had found the chicken, there would maybe be 2 chicken through merge.

Two chickens?!? We could have had a Lucile AND a Doodle!? All that fighting for nothing
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Quin wrote:My banner repertoire got good :grin:
You should have a banner that says 'Mad Max - loser, but won best mafia for it anyway'
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Golden wrote:
Quin wrote:My banner repertoire got good :grin:
You should have a banner that says 'Mad Max - loser, but won best mafia for it anyway'
I want that banner. Somebody please make me that banner.
ImageImageImageImage
Opt_Outside
Stool Pigeon

Post by Opt_Outside »

Golden wrote:Click User control Panel
Click the profile tag
Say edit signature

In thread, quote scotty's post, and copy and paste the correct link into the signature. Done!
Sweeeet
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Opt_Outside wrote:
Golden wrote:Click User control Panel
Click the profile tag
Say edit signature

Sweeeet
It's neat that your first banner is literally a one-of-a-kind banner. Nobody else will ever have it. Be proud.
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Opt_Outside wrote:Scotty- this was rad. When you first told me that you were planning this game forever ago I had no idea it would be this cool! Most of those challenges were so well done- that memory one and the idol in the sand and all the puzzles you created... good stuff, man.

Poor speedchuck though- the part of his role that was like "can learn who had btsc" :pout:
I'm so glad you signed up! You really were a challenge beast.

Oh, which reminds me-

When Opt went on that immunity run (Boggle, Plate Smash, Pole, Captain, Memory), she only had an advantage (Strength) in the Captain one. And the tribe voted her as the captain (unknowing of its benefits of course), so she set herself up to be in a good spot to win that one.

The challenge advantages were never meant to be a huge advantage. If anything, they were supposed to be slight improvements- so that even without an advantage it was possible to win.

The most unbalanced advantage I think looking back was speedchuck's (puzzle) advantage in the 'X Marks the Spot', which told him the immunity idol was buried in the water...which, after people revealed their clues in thread, made it glaringly obvious exactly where the idol was.

Otherwise, most advantages were hardly noticeable

S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 10

Post by S~V~S »

Congrats Opt!!

I voted for you, Quin. I was going to vote for Sorsha because she played such a subtle game, but your question answers blew me away.

Although I begged Juliets to do it for me at the time, I want to apologize to DH again, and say that if it gives him any solace, lying to him in that chat actually made me sick to my stomach. I was so stressed out about it, and I felt awful.

But you wanted to take out my whole tribe.

So I am especially pleased that two of us made it to final.

And Golden, never trusting you again ;)
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote:And Golden, never trusting you again ;)
Sick to my stomach is how I felt on that day. In voting you out I felt like I was going to both lose my chance of winning and lose a lot of respect from you. But I was also very afraid that you were against me already. Basically I feel that decision, no matter which way I went, was driven by fear.

I was determined to own it however. Lorab offered me the chance to vote elsewhere and have plausible deniability, but I didn't want to be in any way dishonest about the fact that I knew you were going to go. As much as it was possible to do in that situation, I tried to stab you in the front not the back.

I reached out to you because that's the way I wanted it to be. It still bums me out that it didn't turn out that way.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Wow lots of nausea induced in this game! But the intensity level is highest in the best games, and this was awesome.

Scotty, SO impressed. The amount of work and thought, especially on a 24 hour schedule. This is one of the best games ever, thank you for it.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Congratulations to Opt but also to Quin and Sorsha for making it to the end. You are all winners in my book.

Scotty, great game, you did an awesome job as host. When you do a Survivor season two I would be happy to co-host it with you to provide you some help during those two-thread challenges and also provide relief especially when you are acting and trying to answer questions at the same time.

It was great fun to be in the spectator chat, Scotty gave us some hints as to what was happening in bts at times since nothing was happening in the thread so it made it a lot of fun. Those team challenges were so suspenseful, I wish the teams had stuck around a little longer. Then watching Ponderosa watch the game thread was also a lot of fun.

So again, great game everyone and thanks for such an enjoyable mod experience.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Opt_Outside wrote:INH - WHAT HAPPENED ON EXILE?!?
Literally nothing. I got an idol clue, but I'm pretty sure Quin already had that stuff locked down.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

DharmaHelper wrote:Oh yeah and thanks for telling me I could trust SVS and Quin Golden.
I don't want to say I told you so. But I absolutely did tell you so.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Golden wrote:When I heard about that post-merge, I thought INH had come up with it. It's part of the reason I stopped trusting him.
Nope. I heard that I was in the F5 alliance from Quin when we had BTSC after the swap.

Really, after DH was voted off, the only person who I had any kind of leverage or trust with was Speed. We were planning on trying to get SVS and Quin to flip on Golden Day 8. Probably wouldn't have worked, but would have been the only way I could get to the end.

The thing that really fucked me over in this game was my role. Everyone who I poisoned immediately had a vendetta against me for the entire game. I tried not telling anyone except DH about my role, except naturally, he told Golden. If not for that, I think I could've stuck around a couple more TC's.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 35

Post by DharmaHelper »

Long Con wrote:
I did no such thing :P

Golden had told me he'd like to bring Quin in during the preseason, and I took that to mean Golden and Quin and I were good. Then I talked to you and INH, which made 5.

I don't recall mentioning final five, but there's the five that I do recall mentioning I had spoken with and hashed something out
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Survivor Mafia”