Total votes: 70
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 5
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Jobs Queue Poll #2

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

We're ready to proceed with the new queue to cover the next few months or so of full games/jobs. If you'll recall, last time we ran this poll there were only three games in contention (since only three were able to host), and the poll that time merely dictated the order they would be played in. This time we have more contenders, so things are going to be a little different. There are three categories of hosts being considered separately:

1.) Hosts from the old jobs queue compiled before the process was adapted -- they are granted "first dibs" because they've already won a poll like this in the past.

Prior queue hosts:

Epignosis and nijuukyugou - Mortal Kombat

Epi and niju are the only hosts who wished to proceed from this category, meaning they are essentially "running unopposed". They are automatically granted a place in the queue and will not need to receive votes in this poll.

2.) Hosts who have already had at least one opportunity to host a game on The Syndicate that weren't in the original queue -- they are voted normally.

Experienced hosts:

G-Man - Chicka Chicka 1, 2, 3
sprityo - World Flags
JaggedJimmyJay - Ancient Greece
DFaraday - Person of Interest
Insertnamehere and DharmaHelper - The Leftovers

These five games are up for selection; one of them will be chosen to be incorporated into the next queue.

3.) Hosts who have never hosted any game before on The Syndicate -- one will proceed; this gives newcomers a chance to be creative and enjoy the hosting aspect of Mafia as much as the playing aspect (instead of waiting until they're dust and bones to have that chance).

New hosts:

Dragon D. Luffy - Girl Genius
Jackofhearts2005 - Fire Emblem

These two games are up for selection; one of them will be chosen to be incorporated into the next queue.

In the event of a tied vote, we'll see what we can do. We'll probably extend things for another day to see if the tie is broken, and if it isn't you should probably anticipate randomization.

Attention prospective hosts: If your game is not selected, please do not take it too harshly. These votes are always difficult whether there are split categories or not; someone must inevitably be left out. The advantage of these smaller polls is that you'll have another opportunity relatively soon to try again. If we had the time I'm sure we'd love to play all of these games. :)

General note: The vote count this time will not dictate the order in which the games are played. It will only dictate which games are played. With the split categories that doesn't really work. Once we've determined which games have been chosen, we will confer with all of those hosts to determine the best order to proceed for everyone.

VOTING

This is stated in the poll; I'll reiterate it here. You are voting in two separate categories, the first (experienced hosts) with five contenders and the second (new hosts) with two contenders. You may vote for UP TO TWO options in the first category and ONLY ONE option in the second category. The games in each category with the most votes will be included in the next full game queue.

Deadline: I'm not going to set a deadline on the poll in case there's a need to extend it. The initial deadline though is set at one week from right now, at 11:59 PM EST on Friday July the 14th. I'll be here to screenshot it at the deadline.

If anyone has any questions, please ask.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Jobs Queue Poll #2

Post by S~V~S »

Hrm, there are games I expected to be in here that are not. But there will be another poll in the near future so we will get in what need to be gotten in, yes? Will vote after I look at games.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Voted for Faraday since I loved my last Faraday game and Ancient Greece, since, duh, ancient Greece. Altjough it was a hard choice with G Man in there, he is an amazing attention to detail host.

Also voted for Girl Genius since I can relate :p
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Spacedaisy »

There are some pretty good options here. I voted Person of Interest, and G-Man's game and then for Girl Genius. :)
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

hi :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 4

Post by DharmaHelper »

The two people that voted for Leftovers will get all the immunity idols in the game so thank you all for your love and support in this trying emotional time.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:07 pm The two people that voted for Leftovers will get all the immunity idols in the game so thank you all for your love and support in this trying emotional time.
The game still got twice the votes than the show got Emmy nominations.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
sprityo
The Turncoat
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

DharmaHelper wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:07 pm The two people that voted for Leftovers will get all the immunity idols in the game so thank you all for your love and support in this trying emotional time.
I thought the concept was a genuinely interesting! A lot better than boring ole Ancient Greece
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

insertnamehere wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:47 pm
The game still got twice the votes than the show got Emmy nominations.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

sprityo wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:23 pm
I thought the concept was a genuinely interesting! A lot better than boring ole Ancient Greece
We got some stuff planed.

ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I see how it is sprityo. :p

About ready for that screenshot...
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Results at the deadline:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

This means the games to move forward into the queue are G-Man's "Chicka Chicka 1, 2, 3" and Jack's "Fire Emblem". Nice job guys. :beer:

For those who weren't voted in, please don't take it hard and hopefully the next round will be your time. It will only be a few months from now! If only we had the time to play them all. :)

Thanks everyone who voted and bigger thanks who put their names in the pot. I'll confer with the three host [teams] and we'll determine an order ASAP. Expect a sign-up thread very soon.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:04 am This means the games to move forward into the queue are G-Man's "Chicka Chicka 1, 2, 3" and Jack's "Fire Emblem". Nice job guys. :beer:

For those who weren't voted in, please don't take it hard and hopefully the next round will be your time. It will only be a few months from now! If only we had the time to play them all. :)

Thanks everyone who voted and bigger thanks who put their names in the pot. I'll confer with the three host [teams] and we'll determine an order ASAP. Expect a sign-up thread very soon.

I"LL SEE YOU ALL IN HELL YOU RAT BASTARDS

ImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Thanks to everyone who voted for me guys :beer:

Gonna try again in the next one. I mean, its not like the forum is getting many new people so I should win this eventually.

I have to say though, this competition is way harder than I had expected. The one Gman won is specially insane. But I guess it's still better than a queue that takes two years.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)

Post by Ricochet »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:38 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:04 am This means the games to move forward into the queue are G-Man's "Chicka Chicka 1, 2, 3" and Jack's "Fire Emblem". Nice job guys. :beer:

I"LL SEE YOU ALL IN HELL YOU RAT BASTARDS
Leftovers? More like Leftouters. :slick:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Oh, you fools. You have no idea what you've done or what you're in for.

:feb:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The order has been determined:

1. G-Man with Chicka Chicka

2. Epignosis and nijuukyugou with Mortal Kombat

3. Jackofhearts2005 with Fire Emblem

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Ugh this is going to overlap with Favorites isnt it. But I wanna play both games...

Please start those sign ups fast if possible.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Looks like a bunch of really awesome games! Thanks for stepping up to host, folks! :D
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:32 pm 1. G-Man with Chicka Chicka
YUS
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Other Events”