Moderator: Community Team

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 37
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: Socky Award Finalists [2015]

Post by Marmot »

Thanks everyone for voting in the Sockys, and for making this a truly wonderful year. Everyone who won and was nominated surely deserved the awards. Also, thank you Golden, fingersplints, and Long Con for your assistance with the Sockys this year, and to the Admins and Ambassadors for helping behind the scenes with some of the preliminaries.

And finally, thank you Syndicate community for being awesome. Let's make 2016 another successful year, and keep up the mafia madness. :beer:

The after-party is at JaggedJimmyJay's house. PM him if you need directions.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Congratulations to all the winners and I can say it was a thrill just to be nominated. I think my fellow nominees will agree. Special congrats to Golden who won, well, everything? Maybe not everything but it's special to be a multiple winner. Thank you those of you who worked on this you did a super job.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 5
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Thanks everyone for voting in the Sockys, and for making this a truly wonderful year. Everyone who won and was nominated surely deserved the awards. Also, thank you Golden, fingersplints, and Long Con for your assistance with the Sockys this year, and to the Admins and Ambassadors for helping behind the scenes with some of the preliminaries.

And finally, thank you Syndicate community for being awesome. Let's make 2016 another successful year, and keep up the mafia madness. :beer:

The after-party is at JaggedJimmyJay's house. PM him if you need directions.
Indeed, thanks to everyone for making 2015 an absolutely stunning year for this site, thanks to all the voters, and thanks to the Ambassadors for spearheading the Sockys, particularly MM, Golden, splints, and LC! :clap: :clap:

So far so good for 2016, but we still have plenty of awesome months of mafia left. :D
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 26
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Every winner was deserving. Nice job everyone! :)

Thanks Golden, fingersplints, Long Con, and Marsh for hosting the awards. Y'all were super, it was worth the wait. Looking forward to the next Sockys.

I also want to recognize someone who didn't win an award, but certainly could have. Turnip Head is an awesome all around player who represented The Syndicate admirably in the champs tournament this year (in a setup which was nothing remotely like what is often played here), and seeing him play was a big part of my desire to visit the site. :beer:
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 61

Post by Golden »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:And the Best Game Banner goes to...

Death and Taxes: An Economics Mafia
Death Note Mafia
Film Directors
Last (wo)Man Standing 3
Mafia: A World Reborn
Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

As Long Con designed this banner, this award goes to him. For those of you who don't know, Long Con and Spacedaisy design a large majority of our game banners here at the Syndicate, and have done a fantastic job in doing so. Long Con also designed the banners for this year's Sockys. I want to thank for for their contributions in this department, as well as anyone else who has done a game banner. Well done y'all. :clap:
So Long Con gets to have a banner that Long Con designed commemorating Long Con designing a banner for a game that Long Con hosted :faint:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 49

Post by Ricochet »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
I also want to recognize someone who didn't win an award, but certainly could have. Turnip Head is an awesome all around player who represented The Syndicate admirably in the champs tournament this year (in a setup which was nothing remotely like what is often played here), and seeing him play was a big part of my desire to visit the site. :beer:
Nice acknowledge writeup. Glad our delegate did the trick. :clap:
Golden wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:And the Best Game Banner goes to...

Death and Taxes: An Economics Mafia
Death Note Mafia
Film Directors
Last (wo)Man Standing 3
Mafia: A World Reborn
Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

As Long Con designed this banner, this award goes to him. For those of you who don't know, Long Con and Spacedaisy design a large majority of our game banners here at the Syndicate, and have done a fantastic job in doing so. Long Con also designed the banners for this year's Sockys. I want to thank for for their contributions in this department, as well as anyone else who has done a game banner. Well done y'all. :clap:
So Long Con designed a banner commemorating Long Con's win for designing a banner for a game that Long Con hosted :faint:
Told you it'd get real meta.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 6

Post by S~V~S »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Every winner was deserving. Nice job everyone! :)

Thanks Golden, fingersplints, Long Con, and Marsh for hosting the awards. Y'all were super, it was worth the wait. Looking forward to the next Sockys.

He was SO Perfect :D

We were all so proud of him, and still are :)
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

juliets wrote:Congratulations to all the winners and I can say it was a thrill just to be nominated. I think my fellow nominees will agree. Special congrats to Golden who won, well, everything? Maybe not everything but it's special to be a multiple winner. Thank you those of you who worked on this you did a super job.
It is. Thank you to everyone who voted for me. It really is nice to have others feel like I played really well.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I also want to recognize someone who didn't win an award, but certainly could have. Turnip Head is an awesome all around player who represented The Syndicate admirably in the champs tournament this year (in a setup which was nothing remotely like what is often played here), and seeing him play was a big part of my desire to visit the site. :beer:
Seconded, if it weren't for our participation in that tournament, 2015 might have looked very differently! Props to Turnip Head for being the first to represent us throughout the mafia multiverse and rocking it. :beer:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:
juliets wrote:Congratulations to all the winners and I can say it was a thrill just to be nominated. I think my fellow nominees will agree. Special congrats to Golden who won, well, everything? Maybe not everything but it's special to be a multiple winner. Thank you those of you who worked on this you did a super job.
It is. Thank you to everyone who voted for me. It really is nice to have others feel like I played really well.
You really had quite a legendary year of mafia last year. I'm not sure how it'll be topped, because there were plenty of others who really amazed last year too (Ricochet, MM, etc.) and in prior years as well, but not with the same magnitude of dominance.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I want to acknowledge some kind words from earlier:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Congrats Jay!

I wonder how you would have fared in Omerta Mafia. :dark:
Thank you! That game would have probably tortured me, though it'd also be a nice break. :p
Ricochet wrote:Woo, JJJ! Even a blind could see how worthy that is.
#4bannersforonegamesorta ;)
G-Man wrote:Way to go 3J. Your ISO's were fierce and instrumental.
Thanks! Some people hate them, so it means a lot. :nicenod:
Epignosis wrote:3J puts every civilian ever to shame.
Very kind of you to say so, Epi. I don't agree though. Epignosis himself is a hell of a civilian who has already had some influence on the way I play the game. :beer:
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

So many people were nominated that I felt were also so deserving, and even some who didn't make the finalists. Turnip Head, Sorsha, Bubbles, Sloonei, MovingPictures, S~V~S, Scotty, juliets... all people who I feel like were deserving of awards and I'm sure there are others too.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 9
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Thanks for the ambiguous shout out, Golden!

And congrats to all the winners. Everyone deserved their victories, but in my brief time here I can also say that this community as a whole rules. You're all good socks in my book.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote:
Spirit Award

bea
G-Man
juliets
DrWilgy

G-Man in Biblical...more like The Holy Spirit, amirite?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 4
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Grats to all the winners! :clap: This was a great year for The Syndicate. It was, as they say, an honor to just be nominated. I was really rooting for Sorsha to win Best Mafia, but it was awesome to see our World Reborn team be recognized in no small part because of her efforts there. Thanks for putting this all together, Socky Hosts!
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Gratz to all the winners! I've played some of the games being represented here and they all deserved it :clap:

(most of the people I nominated were the ones who kicked my ass lol)
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 9
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I hope to be able to vote with more confidence in next year's Sockies.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 18

Post by G-Man »

Epignosis wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Spirit Award

bea
G-Man
juliets
DrWilgy

G-Man in Biblical...more like The Holy Spirit, amirite?
Yup. Sounds about right. :)
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Best Civilian

Canucklehead
Golden
JaggedJimmyJay
Ricochet

Glad to see Jay branching out from RYM and continuing to out-town the world no matter where he goes. Bravo, Supertown Jimmy!
Thanks Sloonbeard. I doubt I'd have even tried this game if you and Madluke hadn't egged me into it way back when.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 18

Post by G-Man »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:And the winner of the Best Quote goes to...
fingersplints wrote:MP right now reminds me of a dog who is so excited he is just peeing all over everything. :shrug2:
Congratulations fingersplints (and MP for being a puppy with with a small bladder).
Woo hoo! Glad you won, Splints! When a post leads to a phrase that becomes part of the vernacular, it's award-worthy. :beer:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 8

Post by thellama73 »

Has anyone noticed that this year's Socky's have the same year in the badge as last year's? :)
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Scotty
Jeff
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Woohoo! Congratulations to all the winners! I'm happy to be a part of this site and look forward to fraternizing with all of the winners do that I may one day win a game like them!

:clap:
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:Has anyone noticed that this year's Socky's have the same year in the badge as last year's? :)
That was a derp on last year's badges. The Banners correspond to the 2015 year they commemorate. :)

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 8

Post by thellama73 »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Has anyone noticed that this year's Socky's have the same year in the badge as last year's? :)
That was a derp on last year's badges. The Banners correspond to the 2015 year they commemorate. :)
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I did notice that you are a good side mission host...
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Congratulations to all the winners. Thank you for all the voted for me and our games. We promise to put the same effort and care into each of our future games. As many people know about me my games and roles mean the world to me.
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Lol is the sockswing pace on my New Player banner different? It's the only one that's out of sync with the rest (including my THM one).
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

It's probably just 'cause one image loads before the other, but I could be wrong on that.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:It's probably just 'cause one image loads before the other, but I could be wrong on that.
Yeah, I think this is exactly what's happening. It happens sometimes for me, other times they all load quickly enough. For example, your third banner and Rico's second banner were slightly out of sync when I just now visited this page.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 21
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

:feb: Mwa ha haaa... Let the age of moving sig banners commence!
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 3

Post by DrWilgy »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:The winner of the Funniest Poster Award, the King of the Tomatoes, the Conqueror of Serbia, and the Lord of everything that massages the humerus, goes to...

DrWilgy
Epignosis
G-Man
Metalmarsh89
Scotty

Oh...

Yay me!! Thanks everyone!
*blushes and trips while walking off the stage in a manner so impossible everyone knew immediately that it was faked*
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Long Con wrote::feb: Mwa ha haaa... Let the age of moving sig banners commence!
They would be more wack if you actually put sig in all the banners. :P

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Golden's banners are all in sync because that's how Mr. Perfect he is.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Dom »

Matt wrote:I didn't vote on nominees because I didn't start playing again until late last summer, but cool beans.

However, I was surprised to see Mac wasn't nominated for Best New Member or Funniest Poster, and even though he was eventual mafia, I'd like to give a shout out to Dom for his indy role in AWR.

Socky's look fun XD
Thank you!

CONGRATS to all the winners <3 you all deserve it!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

I'm relatively new to The Syndicate but I've been here long enough to know there are some great Mafia players here who also are really great people as well. It's really wonderful that you all put so much effort into recognising your fellow players in such an auspicious fashion. I would like to add my congratulations for everyone who was nominated for these awards and to the winners (especially Golden who seems to have swept a whole lot of awards - does that mean he's the Socky's version of 'Titanic'? :haha: ). Great job guys :beer:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Glorfindel wrote:I'm relatively new to The Syndicate but I've been here long enough to know there are some great Mafia players here who also are really great people as well. It's really wonderful that you all put so much effort into recognising your fellow players in such an auspicious fashion. I would like to add my congratulations for everyone who was nominated for these awards and to the winners (especially Golden who seems to have swept a whole lot of awards - does that mean he's the Socky's version of 'Titanic'? :haha: ). Great job guys :beer:
Because all that can happen to me from here is that I hit an iceberg and sink to the bottom of the ocean, as some kind of relic that was great for a brief fleeting moment?

Sounds about right. Especially since it won no awards for acting and I won't be winning any roleplay awards any time soon.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Golden wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:I'm relatively new to The Syndicate but I've been here long enough to know there are some great Mafia players here who also are really great people as well. It's really wonderful that you all put so much effort into recognising your fellow players in such an auspicious fashion. I would like to add my congratulations for everyone who was nominated for these awards and to the winners (especially Golden who seems to have swept a whole lot of awards - does that mean he's the Socky's version of 'Titanic'? :haha: ). Great job guys :beer:
Because all that can happen to me from here is that I hit an iceberg and sink to the bottom of the ocean, as some kind of relic that was great for a brief fleeting moment?

Sounds about right. Especially since it won no awards for acting and I won't be winning any roleplay awards any time soon.
Nah, I get the feeling you're going to be great for a long time to come my friend :hug: I'm sure this is just the beginning of illustrious record here at Syndicate for you! :clap:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

I'm so over Golden. Do we have his replacement yet? :mafia:
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 6

Post by S~V~S »

Golden wrote:

Yeah, one year at RM I won like every other award, and the next year I won, "Most likely to throw people under the bus".

It was humbling :haha:
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
bea
Racketeer
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Congrats winners!! :) well deserved all around!!
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training

Post by rabbit8 »

Black Rock wrote:I'm so over Golden. Do we have his replacement yet? :mafia:

:feb:
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 21
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Glorfindel wrote:
Golden wrote:

Nah, I get the feeling you're going to be great for a long time to come my friend :hug: I'm sure this is just the beginning of illustrious record here at Syndicate for you! :clap:
Is it intentional that I read every post of yours in a hearty, ultra-heroic voice?

Return to “Previous Socky Threads”