9%
Sloonei (Host/dead/non)
45%

Total votes: 11
JessieKruger
Posts in topic: 9

Re: MU Season 6 Scrimmage [Day 2]

Post by JessieKruger »

Hi i am really i keep missing the status. I am new to the forum and i have not received alert about Day 2 phase.

Also i am extremely sorry to the host i was absent on D1 i had no idea when the game was about to start.

Now i am here i will look into the read of the game.
JessieKruger

Re: MU Season 6 Scrimmage [Day 1]

Post by JessieKruger »

Luxurious wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:09 pm To make my list easier for those to see and as a tl;dr for everyone who doesnt wanna go through all my posts

[town]
JJJ
Speed
Jack
DDL

[everyone else]

[scum]
Ultra
Gemma

My reads, in order
Since ultra turned out scum , did you see the link between ultras and gemmas play.
JessieKruger

Re: MU Season 6 Scrimmage [Day 0]

Post by JessieKruger »

Dragomir wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 8:53 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 8:51 pm
Dragomir wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 8:49 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 8:47 pm
Dragomir wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 8:46 pm Didn't say anything about trying to get you lynched here
What?

You practically cursed me and all my descendants and threatened to pour salt onto our land.
By saying that what Ultra did made you look worse?
What about yesterday? You did nothing but attack me.

Are you backtracking on that?
I don't care what happened last DP. I'm talking about the now. I'm still sussing you for what I called you out for but I'm not planning on making an almighty push you at this moment.
Can you point at the reads you found ddl scummy ?

Can i know what specific things you saw in previous day phase. (since i believe you had ur scum read onn DDL ) .
Gemma
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 158

Post by Gemma »

JessieKruger wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 5:37 am Hi i am really i keep missing the status. I am new to the forum and i have not received alert about Day 2 phase.

Also i am extremely sorry to the host i was absent on D1 i had no idea when the game was about to start.

Now i am here i will look into the read of the game.
Spoiler: show
Gemma
Stool Pigeon

Post by Gemma »

I'm around if you'd like to chat as you catch up, jessie.
Dragomir
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 249

Post by Dragomir »

MacDougall wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 10:10 pm @Dragomir yesterday you were desperate for DDL to get lynched. What has changed?
Don't really care who gets lynched as long as it's Owner, DDL, or Jack. All 3 are scum to me. I think there's a little more indicating Ultra and Owner being buddies than the rest though.
Dragomir
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 249

Post by Dragomir »

So what do you guys think about DDL and Owner? From the last pages that I read, nobody's really been focusing on them, only Mac. So yeah, I want discussion around those two.
Gemma
Stool Pigeon

Post by Gemma »

I think you'll have a hard time convincing me that she's mafia after her posts today.
Gemma
Stool Pigeon

Post by Gemma »

Did you not read them?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 244

Post by speedchuck »

[VOTE: Jack] aubergine
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 228

Post by novaselinenever »

Gemma wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 3:39 am Nova, why the switch to Soneji?
Severely underwhelmed by his presence in the closing hours of D1. The few reads he have are pretty shallow, and especially the stance on DDL/Dragomir seems particularly contrived.
novaselinenever
Hitman

JessieKruger wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:18 am
Luxurious wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:09 pm To make my list easier for those to see and as a tl;dr for everyone who doesnt wanna go through all my posts

[town]
JJJ
Speed
Jack
DDL

[everyone else]

[scum]
Ultra
Gemma

My reads, in order
Since ultra turned out scum , did you see the link between ultras and gemmas play.
Do you see a link?
novaselinenever
Hitman

Gemma wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 3:47 am I think I'm townreading all of these people to some degree.

Owner
Speedy
Mac
Epig
DDL
JJJ
Why Epig?
novaselinenever
Hitman

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 10:39 pm I'll have to return to this later.
novaselinenever
Hitman

Are you really going to start making me do them?
novaselinenever
Hitman

I'm still not over the GTH excel tables.
JessieKruger

Post by JessieKruger »

Dragomir wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 7:05 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 10:10 pm @Dragomir yesterday you were desperate for DDL to get lynched. What has changed?
Don't really care who gets lynched as long as it's Owner, DDL, or Jack. All 3 are scum to me. I think there's a little more indicating Ultra and Owner being buddies than the rest though.
I agree to this owner was pushing more into JJJ in day. 1 phase.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 538
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

novaselinenever wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 11:43 am Are you really going to start making me do them?
I have exams to proctor, a playoff hockey game to attend, and another game with an earlier deadline. I’ll get there when I get there.

By all means do your own. I’m usually the only one who bothers and thus it becomes my obligation instead of the civilians’ obligation. :meany:
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Interactions of Ultra and Luxurious

Nothing from Ultra.

Luxurious wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:53 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:25 pm
Gemma wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:14 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:07 pm
Gemma wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:03 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:00 pm [VOTE: Ultra] aubergine
did you forget that you were townreading that player
No. Because I'm not.

I have some town pings from them, but I mentioned something scummy as well. If it continues, their need to cling to and buddy Nova will easily outweigh any town cred they have.

can you explain how you got to the opinion that ultra is using nova as a clutch and how that makes him more likely to be mafia
At the time I'd posted that, 30-60% of ultra's content was about or directed at Nova, another 25% was filler. Leaving about 1/3 of their content at most directed at other players. And even that content was more 'about' them, very distanced reads, rather than addressing or prodding them.

It is my opinion that it makes them more likely mafia, as mafia often has more trouble being bold in the thread.
Does that mean Ultra is trying to push a mislynch

Or is Ultra and Nova teammed

What makes you think they aren’t town having trouble making a “presence” and how is directing a majority of their posts towards one player Not Presence

Lux questioned speed on his gripe with Ultra (the latter's focus on nova). Lux's own stance isn't clarified to this point. I take little from this.

Luxurious wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:04 pm so JJJ is spewed town under the assumption Gemma is scum.

The way Ultra reacted to Gemma, however, with “could use more content since the thread seems lacking in it” despite liking her fluffy posting, makes me think they’re teamed since I really havent seen anything from Gemma that’d give me a town vibe

[VOTE: Gemma] aubergine

Lux drew a teammate connection between Ultra and Gemma and placed a vote for the latter. Moments like this are iffy given that, should the connection prove errant and Gemma flip civilian, a lynch of Gemma would then exonerate Ultra of that specific suspicion. Not my favorite thing. The two of them are reiterated as the mafia reads in Lux's ensuing reads list. Then Ultra was swapped with Owner. I think. [mention]Luxurious[/mention] please clarify what exactly you meant here.

Luxurious wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:52 am
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:50 am
Luxurious wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:47 am
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:45 am Ultra is kind of guilty of exactly what he accused Jay of. I don't care much how he branded the vote saying it reeks of "chainsaw defense" before he actually delved into it. Feels like he's detached from the suspicions and he's following a textbook on how to play mafia and build cases lol.
Have you played with Ultra before? Are these the suspicions he has or the suspicions against him?
We've played once before, but we've crossed path a few times (player/host in each other's games). I'm referring to his suspicion of Jay.
Any chance you can quick link me to a post (or a few)

Lux questioned nova on his suspicion of Ultra and made a token request to be directed to relevant posts. Whatever

Luxurious wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:01 pm Scum would care more about convincing Jack of reading her as town. Gemma has also shown that she’s rather disconnected from the game. While, recently, she’s shown some interest in her reads (not wanting to read people as scum pre-emptively, going a bit back and forth)

When i called her out on her lack of interaction with DDL, she went and quoted a post with questions for him. This shows that she’s at least trying to engage? This one is severely lacking since i wanted to see if DDL tried the same thing but didnt get a chance.

Tl;dr she’s connected to her reads unlike Ultra. Owner still hasnt done anything to make me thing she’s town

Lux reiterated suspicion of Ultra five hours prior to EOD and tacked on a gripe with Owner. In this case the mention of Ultra seems rather shoehorned, if I am interpreting the pronouns correctly: "Gemma did this neat this that Ultra (of all people) didn't do". :ponder:

Luxurious wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:57 pm Considering we have 4 minutes left Im gonna sheep my vote since I dont have time to get a CFD going
[VOTE: ultra] aubergine

This was the last of the five Ultra votes, and it came seven minutes prior to the deadline. It isn't worth much.

~~~

Conclusion: I have some concerns here and would call this interaction teammate-compatible. Some clarification on that Ultra/Owner thing in the reads list would be nice.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Interactions of Ultra with JessieKruger, M Plus 7, rundontwalk2, Soneji, and Tsaiah

Knocking this group out in one go.

Nothing either way for JK, MP, or Tsaiah.

Ultra wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:47 pm
Dragomir wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:35 pm
rundontwalk2 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:04 pm
Luxurious wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:02 pm
rundontwalk2 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:00 pm
Luxurious wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:58 pm
rundontwalk2 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:54 pm One thing that concerns me about JJJ's town read of me: he knows I play exactly the same way regardless of alignment
Why concern then
Cuz he has nothing to base his read on.
The way you talked before made it sound like you’d done something??? Does that mean no matter your alignment you dont post well??
I mean, regardless of alignment I shit post. That is my modus operandi. Such that JJJ can't possibly have a town read on me yet, given I would do this regardless of what I am.
So are you trying to say that he's pocketing you?
What do you think, Dragomir?

This is it for RDW, and it's only relevant indirectly. The question is a softball about RDW (not to him). So, okay. Sure. :shrug2:

Soneji wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:11 pm
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:53 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:14 pm I dig your Ultra stuff, Speed. I can see a baddie Ultra using me as a compass to navigate through early game. His prod for reads kind of felt iffy to me, like I was getting a vibe that he actually cared what those were lol.
Not sure if I care for this post too much.

If Nova is bad, Ultra would not be with him.

lf Nova is good, that doesn't necessarily confirm or deny Ultra's alignment.
Why are you making pre-flip associations at this time? You seem to be lukewarm on nova's actual alignment here, despite the later vote, so it doesn't come off as legitimately trying to solve the wolf team.

Soneji griped with Owner's post which related to Ultra. I do agree with the basic premise that pre-flip associations aren't always the best idea, though the wording of this accusation seems a little much for that. The associative relevance is limited anyway.

Soneji wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:44 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:35 pm
Soneji wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:10 pm You could say that, I'm very familiar with DDL mislynches and his tone in later posts have been good so I'm inclined to place that over the no lynch scumtell and not pursue his lynch today.
How do you feel about the other players currently receiving votes?
nova : I can see what those pushing him are and get a slight scum vibe from him.

Owner : Thought her case against you and the pre-flip association post I quoted were wack.

Epi : Thought he was really reaching with some of his FoS's, to the point they felt fake.

Ultra : They haven't gone as hard as I would normally expect from them, no particular scum vibes though.

I asked Soneji to talk to me about the prevailing wagons a little over an hour before the deadline, and these were his takes. He was technically negative on all four, and he added a caveat to the Ultra read to cancel that. That's standout and not in a great way. Among that specific set of players he decared Epignosis his preferred lynch.

~~~

Conclusions: I have just about nothing to say for any of them other than Soneji. The RDW thing is close to meaningless to me. They're all valid suspects by default. Soneji emerges looking a bit worse to me.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Ultra and MacDougall

Ultra wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:50 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:37 pm
Ultra wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:31 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:00 pm Enough with the pleasantries! It's time to fight.

How's everyone doing?
Doing fine. How's about you? What's your story?
I'm the rep from The Millennium Forums shamelessly using your mafia board as a stepping stone on my way to become the ultimate cambodian basket weaving forum mafia player. I know MP7 and a couple of other people here I'm forgetting atm

This is it for Ultra. It's barely relevant chatter. Meh. That's it for both of them actually.

~~~

Conclusion: Again I have nothing to talk about. I have no reason to discount a teammate relationship.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Ultra and Owner

Nothing from Ultra.

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:56 pm
This reeks of chainsaw defense.
Let's say for a moment I don't know what a chainsaw defense is. (or don't know it by that name)

Should I

A. Google it
B. Phone a friend (aka I'm asking for a friend)
C. Wait and see if someone is willing to give the cliff notes version of it all so that I can accurately understand what he's saying about these two people

We got Millionaire lifelines. :shrug2:

novaselinenever wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:14 pm I dig your Ultra stuff, Speed. I can see a baddie Ultra using me as a compass to navigate through early game. His prod for reads kind of felt iffy to me, like I was getting a vibe that he actually cared what those were lol.

Owner griped with nova here for his perspective of Ultra (via speedchuck), and she drew some immediate conclusions. Regardless of nova's alignment, Ultra emerges neutral or good. So there is some implied defense here.

That appears to be it. Her final vote was on Epignosis.

~~~

Conclusion: These things are boring when there's so little to say. I have no reason to discount them as teammates.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Ultra and speedchuck

novaselinenever wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:09 pm
speedchuck wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:08 pm Yeah okay. :p :mafia: :keys: :nicenod:
We got one.
Agreed that this entrance was awkward, especially in hindisight with his no lynch proposition

But then you proceeded to shade like 3 other people so I'm going to ask you how serious you are about this slot.

Ultra called speedchuck's entry awkward and shaded the no lynch thing. Okay.

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:40 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:15 pm
speedchuck wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:56 pm Hmm... we dont have any information to work on yet, so we should probably no lynch d1.
[VOTE: Speedchuck] aubergine
[VOTE: Dragon D. Luffy] aubergine
This reeks of chainsaw defense.
Ultra wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:09 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:02 pm
Ultra wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:58 pmPossibly, by you.
I don't need "possibly". What are you referring to?
Ultra wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:58 pmDefend someone by attacking their accuser.

Since you're here elaborate on that vote
I think DDL got snagged by a booby trap. No lynches are horrendous, and I thought it looked evident that speedchuck wasn't serious in his recommendation.
I think holding someone accountable for saying Day Zeros are less valuable is a bit pushy, especially considering they in fact are. Now, if someone was using "Wait, I said that D0, it doesn't count!" as a defense, or as a reason to dismiss a case, that is categorically scummy. But outside of that context, there's no apparent scum motive to stating the obvious, other than perhaps appearing blendy.

Reaction posts can also carry a scum motive, so this sounds like TMI on speedchuck

Like I suggested earlier, this looks to me like an ironic sort of TMI on speedchuck, by way of accusing me of having TMI on speedchuck. For him to be so fierce that I shouldn't "chainsaw defend" speedchuck implies that he knows speedchuck is a civilian. :goofp: There are a number of other posts relating in some way back to this. I won't highlight them all.

Ultra wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:23 pm As for the vote, speedchuck is obvscumming.

If he's playing suboptimal to try and garner reactions, well, it's only common courtesy to start a wagon so he gets them. Image

I don't know what this is.

Ultra wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:33 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:07 pm
Gemma wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:03 pm
did you forget that you were townreading that player
No. Because I'm not.

I have some town pings from them, but I mentioned something scummy as well. If it continues, their need to cling to and buddy Nova will easily outweigh any town cred they have.
Can you point out how I'm trying to buddy Nova
Ultra wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:40 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:33 pm
Ultra wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:29 pm [VOTE: JaggedJimmyJay] aubergine

I don't know speedchuck or his meta or whatever but he town read and defended him far too soon. Also switched his vote to a player who isn't active instead of pursuing DDL
Do you believe that JJJ was defending a teammate, or that he knows I'm town because he's not?
Leaning towards the latter atm

Ultra posed a rather meek question in response to receiving a vote from speedchuck, and then answered his prod about his suspicion of me. Doesn't mean much to me.

speedchuck wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:10 am DDL's knee-jerk reaction didn't look great, as someone who knows me. Ultra doesn't look bad for the reaction, though he/she seems a little focused on Nova for some reason when I look at the ISO.
JJJ reacted exactly as expected.

I'll just let everyone know I'm not going to be as active as you crazy devils. I'm in another game and I wasn't a top poster in that one either.

speechuck assessed immediate reactions to his no lynch thing and was positive (or perhaps not negative) about Ultra. He tacked on an additional bit about nova though which became something he focused on later. No gripes. Follow-up prod | Continued as a suspicion -- this doesn't look to me like something a teammate drudges up on purpose since it is nuanced enough that nobody else is that likely to discover it.

5 hours prior to deadline

speedchuck wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:29 pm
Luxurious wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:24 pm Do you have any scum reads outside of, like, DDL
Haven't read the whole game, probably not going to. Finger of suspicion right now is on:

Gemma
Owner
Ultra
Dragomir
DDL

speedchuck included Ultra in a list of five Day 1 suspects. He's already placed the vote, so his priority on that front is clear.

~~~

Conclusion: I think speedchuck looks good here.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[VOTE: Soneji] aubergine

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 3:09 pm [VOTE: Soneji] aubergine
I have no reason to call him a civilian. His interaction with Ultra can be questioned. I don't think he looks great at face value either.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 144
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

It's been a busy day. Did ya'll find the mafia yet?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

speedchuck wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:37 am [VOTE: Jack] aubergine
You're literally voting for me for not being funny enough? :suspish:
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 3:28 pm
:grin:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

speedchuck wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 3:28 pm
I'll have you know, I'm multigaming and I've been super funny today, just not here. :pout:
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 3:30 pm
I'll have you know, I'm multigaming and I've been super funny today, just not here. :pout:
That just supports my read though :llama:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Tell me where my interactive reads are wrong.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

speedchuck wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 3:30 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 3:30 pm
That just supports my read though :llama:
I know and it's annoying.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 3:33 pm Tell me where my interactive reads are wrong.
With Jack specifically?

I don't know. I hadn't seen them until now, nor have I read the entire thread.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

speedchuck wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 3:37 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 3:33 pm Tell me where my interactive reads are wrong.
With Jack specifically?

I don't know. I hadn't seen them until now, nor have I read the entire thread.
I meant in general, but sure that's a good place to start. :nicenod:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I have two deadlines to meet and should not have come into this thread. Keep up the good work, Jay.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I will catch up before EOD cause I have tomorrow off.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'll be at the hockey game tonight.

[mention]Sloonei[/mention], go Columbus Blue Jackets :meany:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Luxurious
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 552

Post by Luxurious »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 12:27 am [VOTE: Luxurious] aubergine

Also, @Sloonei can you fix the poll so that I can actually vote for Luxurious. Currently, Luxurious' name isn't even in the poll, which kind of puts me at a stand still.

I did some reading when Ultra flipped scum. These posts are relatively close to each other and guided my night action decision. I believe Gemma's claim.
Luxurious wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:43 am

Why dont you like this post
I think scum are generally attracted to posts that either defend their partner or posts that they could potentially later use to post against someone else. So seeing me not crazy about their stance on Ultra thinking about pushing on nova, would likely maybe peek a teammate's interest in hearing more about why I think that.
Luxurious wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:45 am
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:56 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:52 pm
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:09 pm *is temporary voting no lynch*

I still want blood this day phase (so I'll be voting for someone else) so that I'll know if my reads are on the right track or if I need to reassess things.
Okay cool but like why even bother?
I didn't like leaving my vote on JJJ. I haven't decided who I think is scummiest now that JJJ is off the table.
I saw that wrong. (no comment)
I like trying to be in the here and now, but it can't always happen,
Why was JJJ on the table???? What has he done that has changed your mind besides post multiple times in a row?

Like why do you suddenly have this change of heart? I need more details
Luxurious shows concern for why I'm completely saying JJJ is no longer a target to be voted for.
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:45 am Ultra is kind of guilty of exactly what he accused Jay of. I don't care much how he branded the vote saying it reeks of "chainsaw defense" before he actually delved into it. Feels like he's detached from the suspicions and he's following a textbook on how to play mafia and build cases lol.
Have you played with Ultra before? Are these the suspicions he has or the suspicions against him?
Luxurious seems generally curious about the well being of Ultra.
Luxurious wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:52 am
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:50 am
We've played once before, but we've crossed path a few times (player/host in each other's games). I'm referring to his suspicion of Jay.
Any chance you can quick link me to a post (or a few)
Luxurious wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:54 am
Gemma wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:09 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:04 am
Gemma wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:32 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:44 pm @Gemma

Why should I move my vote off you?
if you scumread me you shouldn't obv
Oh so I should mislynch you?
whichever response gets you to scumread me more
Okay Gemma I have officially decided that I dont wanna lynch you today

[VOTE: owner] aubergine
Here's Lux voting for me yesterday. They end up voting for Ultra some point, but I think there's a chance that they bussed Ultra.

---

Today Stuff
Luxurious wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 8:38 pm
Gemma wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 8:31 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 8:25 pm
Gemma wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 8:21 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 8:19 pm
Gemma wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 8:14 pm I saved JJJ last night.
Did you get a mod-confirmation?
No, but I've never seen a doctor role with mod confirmation that save was successful.
It's not a thing here as well. I'm asking 'cause there are 4 roles in the OP that could have messed with the kill, so I'm not sure why you're coming out and why you're sure.
You misunderstood. I was only claiming my night action, not implying that I thought I definitely stopped the kill. I claimed because it could be relevant information and I think my role is the least important and most straightforward of any that are in the setup right now. If someone blocked a scumread, for example, they could think that they stopped the kill, etc. Seems optimal to just out my info with only one save left.
How is it relevant? Like in what world? I’m genuinely curious please walk me through this
Confirming that JJJ might be nearly confirmed town is big win for town. Upon death, we only see alignment and not roles that aren't in the game any longer. JJJ was already in a lot of town circles, I feel though. So having this information is helpful at least imo to overall solve the game.

I guess I'm wondering why you (Lux) are shocked about this information being shared.
Luxurious wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 9:08 pm
Okay I’ll explain to you why your answer is awful

1) Nova was a wagon yesterday, mafia would expect for town to lynch Nova eventually due to wagonomics

2)In the off chance mafia, DOESNT, expect this, they suck

3)JJJ was the highest poster, with Ultra as a scum read. While he voted Gemma, his vote ultimately ended up on a mafia.

4) While Nova DID push Ultra the hardest, JJJ wasnt at risk of being lynched, bringing it back to wagonomics of Nova

So like, why the fuck would mafia kill Nova > JJJ
Since JJJ was the highest poster is that why you targeted him in the night?

TL:DR

I have Luxurious targeting JJJ last night.
Ah okay I see

I’m the jailkeeper and I protected JJJ last night. Do you have any other results besides mine and Gemma’s?
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

Anyway the reason why i completely understood where Gemma was coming from was because I was sure JJJ would be night killed so seeing how she also protected him made me feel better

If you dont believe me you should definitely lynch me I would love to get dvc
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

Also Im ignoring most of your iso because it’s wrong so unless you really want me to answer something,

Ping me
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 2:00 pm
Luxurious wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:04 pm so JJJ is spewed town under the assumption Gemma is scum.

The way Ultra reacted to Gemma, however, with “could use more content since the thread seems lacking in it” despite liking her fluffy posting, makes me think they’re teamed since I really havent seen anything from Gemma that’d give me a town vibe

[VOTE: Gemma] aubergine

Lux drew a teammate connection between Ultra and Gemma and placed a vote for the latter. Moments like this are iffy given that, should the connection prove errant and Gemma flip civilian, a lynch of Gemma would then exonerate Ultra of that specific suspicion. Not my favorite thing. The two of them are reiterated as the mafia reads in Lux's ensuing reads list. Then Ultra was swapped with Owner. I think. @Luxurious please clarify what exactly you meant here.
Tbf to myself I meant to say Owner in that post as well. The thing I’m quoting is directly from owner’s reads list. I was looking at Owner and Ultra around the same time and merged them together in my head. Kinda shotty explanation but that’s all I got.

I didnt really have a read on Ultra most of D1 because I was more or less focused on Gemma
Lux reiterated suspicion of Ultra five hours prior to EOD and tacked on a gripe with Owner. In this case the mention of Ultra seems rather shoehorned, if I am interpreting the pronouns correctly: "Gemma did this neat this that Ultra (of all people) didn't do". :ponder:
Yeah because by then I decided I wasnt into the Gemma lynch, and I had decided that Owner was my most likely scum candidate. Ultra was also up for debate so I figured I’d compare their play
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

JessieKruger wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:18 am

[town]
JJJ
Speed
Jack
DDL

[everyone else]

[scum]
Ultra
Gemma

My reads, in order
I clarified that i messed this up and meant Owner.

So no
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 12:36 am *waits for Lux to appear*

But yeah, I pretty sure I would get a result last night as I had to wonder was the Ultra vote clean or did someone bus. It was like Nova and JJJ were pretty committed so they wouldn't be bussers in that vote. Lux had their vote on me for a bit, but ended up following everyone's vote at some point, (not sure when). But looking back, it did seem like Lux was kind of curious about where that Ultra vote was going, even though they wanted to lynch me more so.
I’m not gonna be rude but like

Every time I vote someone and they end up mafia everyone is always like “oh you bussed”

And it’s kinda pissing me off
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

No one here but tsaiah would know that though
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

I would do more but i didnt even plan on doing this much since i have an english final to finish
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

Oh also [mention]Owner of a Lonely Heart[/mention] what made you watch JJJ last night? Did you also have the assumption he would die?

I get the feeling that’s a very Off Siter player kinda analysis there
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

The thing that feels the worst about This Situation is that Dragonmir has done nothing to interact with Owner, and not a single other person thought what she posted was relevant to talk or ask about
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

[mention]Gemma[/mention] Given your take on Owner, how did her results affect your alignment of the game
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

[mention]JaggedJimmyJay[/mention] Did you take Owner’s results into account when making your Iso on me? How does that affect your read now?
Gemma
Stool Pigeon

Post by Gemma »

novaselinenever wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 11:22 am
Gemma wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 3:39 am Nova, why the switch to Soneji?
Severely underwhelmed by his presence in the closing hours of D1. The few reads he have are pretty shallow, and especially the stance on DDL/Dragomir seems particularly contrived.
I meant more why do you not want to lynch JJJ anymore?

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”