Zootopia Mafia [Game Over]

Who is behind all this naked racist death?

Poll ended at Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:46 pm

Epignosis
8%
Kylemii
No votes
Long Con
No votes
Owner of a Lonely Heart
23%
The Disney Corporation (host/non/dead)
69%

Total votes: 13
Jinrou
Posts in topic: 59

Re: Zootopia Mafia Day 4

Post by Jinrou »

Logic wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:18 pm That being said, I don't buy Jinrou's excuses. I don't see town in his posts, at all. I want someone other than Jinrou to challenge me on this. I could use a friendly debate.
well u dont see town in me and neither u want to argue with me about town

can’t bring the horse to the water
Jinrou

Post by Jinrou »

but i want to add this

shouldn’t we normally be at parity in this moment since indiglo got offed and it’s day 4 with only one mafia member we lynched

her death should be the game deciding death in normal circumstances
Jinrou

Post by Jinrou »

also predator isnt predator

i am raymond the polar bear according to their wikia he is the bodyguard of the tundratown mafia in the movie

i genuinely don’t believe I should appear as green as him to kyle ever
Logic
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 72

Post by Logic »

Jinrou wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:25 pm but i want to add this

shouldn’t we normally be at parity in this moment since indiglo got offed and it’s day 4 with only one mafia member we lynched

Is this TMI for 4 living mafia?
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 115
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Logic wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:04 pm

#oops
Logic
Stool Pigeon

Post by Logic »

Jinrou wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:22 pm
Logic wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:18 pm That being said, I don't buy Jinrou's excuses. I don't see town in his posts, at all. I want someone other than Jinrou to challenge me on this. I could use a friendly debate.

I know you were going to advocate for you being town. I challenged anyone to stand up for you. As you can see, we have no takers.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 112
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I am not a predator.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Four mafia sounds like a bit much... for a regular game. This game, though, I don't know. Jinrou and his hypothetical pair of teammates would probably ask the host in private. Looks kind of towny to me.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Logic wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:32 pm
Jinrou wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:22 pm

I know you were going to advocate for you being town. I challenged anyone to stand up for you. As you can see, we have no takers.
LOL I guess I just did that.
Logic
Stool Pigeon

Post by Logic »

Long Con wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:47 pm

Four mafia sounds like a bit much... for a regular game. This game, though, I don't know. Jinrou and his hypothetical pair of teammates would probably ask the host in private. Looks kind of towny to me.
Jinrou seems to be saying that the game started with 5 mafia (because we got one when Soneji was lynched)
Which I think is probably overkill even in a bastard game, unless our cop checks are not just bunk.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Logic wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:21 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:36 pm If one or more of the cops is bad, who and why?
From what I remember of the movie, with the exception of one, the cops are just kinda incompetent.
Logic wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:00 am
Long Con wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:15 am The last baddies have to be in Jinrou, Kyle, Logic, or Owner. I feel very good about Epi and bob, and indi and Dys are outside tinfoils... pretty far outside.
I disagree with you about myself and Kyle, but think Kyle is less towny than Indi, Dys and Epi.

Who would you put as your bottom two; the ones you want lynched first?
I think I missed answering this yesterday. At this time, I would lynch Owner first, then Kyle, Jinrou, Logic from that list. I still don't want to lynch Epi, bob, or Dys.

I have to remind myself why I voted for Owner before, but I'll [VOTE: Owner] aubergine at this time. I am home and well-rested this evening (unlike the last few), so I'll be around until lynch time.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Logic wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:51 pm

Jinrou seems to be saying that the game started with 5 mafia (because we got one when Soneji was lynched)
Which I think is probably overkill even in a bastard game, unless our cop checks are not just bunk.
:srsnod: Maybe some cop checks are real. Five mafia? I already thought four was too much in a 14-player game.
Logic
Stool Pigeon

Post by Logic »

Logic wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:51 pm

"Someone's" cop checks not being bunk might be a mitigating factor for 5 mafia.

If that is where we are, good game to the scum team for fooling us this long. But I don't think that is where we are today, so I'm thinking today just became MYLO at worst.

Long Con jumps to my number 2 suspect for one:
1.) defending Jinrou, my #1 with some pretty sketchy reasoning (fake TMI-slips come from scum more often than town, and rarely when town is already in danger of being lynched)
2.) indicating "pair of teammates" also appears to be TMI.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

The hypothetical 'pair of teammates' were the four mafia along with Jinrou and Soneji that I thought was being discussed (now I get it was five). If it's TMI, it's not my TMI. It's just that I can count.
Logic
Stool Pigeon

Post by Logic »

Note: Long Con's response to my pressure feels better.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Logic wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:09 pm Note: Long Con's response to my pressure feels better.
:meany:
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 182
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Jinrou wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:11 pm regardless there is a reason I assume I don’t appear as green to kyle

i am a vanilla town which is a predator

assuming by all means that he checked me and this is a bastard game, i genuinely dont believe vanilla town me should appear as green to him

i didnt watch the movie, but according to what hack wrote on zootopia and racism, people would obviously bot view a predator as innocent. they can inherently murder other animals out of instinct
what are you even talking about
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 248

Post by Epignosis »

I see I have a thing or two to process.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Logic
Stool Pigeon

Post by Logic »

Jinrou wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:08 pm
Logic wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:07 am I'm even more comfortable with my vote on Jinrou, because their "he's lying" comment is not followed up with a vote on the offending party.
would make more sense, if voting system wasnt done by a poll that i am not used to logic
And it seems long con has logged out.

Does anyone want to take a stance on why they think Jinrou and Kyle aren't voting for each other? (Especially the former, after Jinrou defended himself for not being used to the system, yet voted yesterday and still failed to vote before disappearing for the day.)

Current theory: they are scum buddies and looking for a convenient CFD, but I am open to other explanations.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Logic wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:38 am So, I'm not completely sold on Kyle being a civilian.

I'm currently leaning that way, depending on how Jinrou flips (which I think will be mafia) and that may push Kyle into higher town confidence. Not sure who Jinrou's partners are at that point. I know it's not me, and colonialbob seems unlikely, leaving Owner, LongCon, Dizzy, Epi, and Kyle.

But if Jinrou flips green, I'm thinking the Epi and Kyle have some partner equity.

One thing that concerns me about both of them is the lack of self preservation votes from both of them onto each other.
This post has me reconsidering you for two reasons.

First, the underlined: What lack of self-preservation votes from both of us onto each other? Look at the poll. I have zero votes. Kylemii has one. I gather the poll might have been different this morning when I wasn't around, but I read up to this point, and I don't see much vote movement. I don't understand the mindset behind this comment. I don't win the game by preserving myself- I win by lynching mafia. If Kylemii is good, the same applies to him. If we're both bad together, we harm our chances by lynching each other.

Second, the red and more important: This is a mafia tactic. If Jinrou is a civilian (and you would know if he was if you were not one), then you've given yourself a clear avenue to lynch me or Kylemii next and planted seeds for others to follow. That's the ticket to two unfortunate lynches in a row (assuming Kylemii is a civilian). No bueno.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I'm not logged out. I'm just always set to invisible. I'm here for the evening, but in and out because kids / dinner / other home stuff.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Logic wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:39 am
"Both of them" meaning Kyle and Jinrou. That last statement is unclear.
I see you spoke ambiguously. Never mind then.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Jinrou wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:28 pm also predator isnt predator

i am raymond the polar bear according to their wikia he is the bodyguard of the tundratown mafia in the movie

i genuinely don’t believe I should appear as green as him to kyle ever
I really don't know where this is coming from, I have never so much as mentioned you in any of my posts, and I've listed all my targets, and I've made it clear that my role is a silly joke role and not an effective cop role.

are you confusing me with someone else
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:26 am So question is - Are cop claims clearing or not? Sloonmeister was VT, he said. Indiglo was cop with only town results (maybe apart from miller lol). I'm the same as indiglo. Bob and Logic also claims to be the same. Kyle claims a different kind of cop. Nobody else claimed cop. Wait, LC maybe claimed cop?
They are not, in my view.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:46 am How about we lynch Epi just for fun?
How sure is everyone that he is town?
Your idea of fun sucks. Two claws down.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Logic wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:38 pm
Logic wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:07 am I'm even more comfortable with my vote on Jinrou, because their "he's lying" comment is not followed up with a vote on the offending party.
would make more sense, if voting system wasnt done by a poll that i am not used to logic

Does anyone want to take a stance on why they think Jinrou and Kyle aren't voting for each other? (Especially the former, after Jinrou defended himself for not being used to the system, yet voted yesterday and still failed to vote before disappearing for the day.)

Current theory: they are scum buddies and looking for a convenient CFD, but I am open to other explanations.
Am I missing something? I never accused jinrou. I never checked jinrou, and even if I did, my role doesn't get results. I don't think I've even talked about jinrou.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:19 am But why is Epi town though? =p
I'd tell you, but we can't quote role PMs. :shrug2:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:05 pm The hypothetical 'pair of teammates' were the four mafia along with Jinrou and Soneji that I thought was being discussed (now I get it was five). If it's TMI, it's not my TMI. It's just that I can count.
:haha:
Logic
Stool Pigeon

Post by Logic »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:45 pm

Am I missing something? I never accused jinrou. I never checked jinrou, and even if I did, my role doesn't get results. I don't think I've even talked about jinrou.
That was my problem. You and Jinrou were tied at 2-2, and you hadn't cast a vote for anyone, let alone for the one that looks most likely to flip today in lieu of you and possibly spare your bacon in the process.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I have to cook and then make money. I will be back in a little over two hours. The one thing we can glean from this unfortunate turn is that we know indiglo's thoughts- whether right or wrong- were genuine. Perhaps going through those again would be a worthwhile endeavor if anyone has the time and willingness.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Logic, I'm not ignoring your question from a few pages ago, but I have to cogitate.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

And cook and make money.
Jinrou

Post by Jinrou »

not really, just that I would expect the mafia to be able to win the game in 3 day phases or lets say 4

now we are on day 4 with one dead, but there was also a town mod kill so this could be parity with lynch
Jinrou

Post by Jinrou »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:45 pm

Ok I remember someone claimed that I turnt up green (and pretty sure it was you) to their investigation

Which actually makes me wonder, because honestly the issue is, with that many cops as there are to be around and adding to the fact that it's a bastard game mixed with the flavour of my role which suggests I am a mafiosi in flavor, I don't think I would genuinely turn up green
Jinrou

Post by Jinrou »

indiglo wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:37 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:29 pm I'm fine with a Kyle lynch or a Jinrou lynch as of right now. I realize there's another day available.

Ditto. I feel a bit more comfortable voting Jinrou (which feels weird to say after he copped green, but hey, bastards is as bastards do), but this Day Phase is going to be my phase of trust and cooperation. Paranoia hasn't worked yet, so I'm going to try the opposite. It's Bizarro Indi day! So, if everyone else that I trust feels more comfortable voting Kylemii, I'll go there too, no hesitation.

I also mentioned earlier that the kooky night kills make sense coming from a kooky Kylemii. Or, it could be that just as our alignment checks are untrustworthy, perhaps they have something wonky going on with their nightkills.

Another also is that he seemed to have trouble remembering who he copped each night. And trust me, I know exactly who I targeted each night with absolutely no problem, because I've been basing my entire game play on those checks.

As an aside to those who now know they were alignment checked - did anything weird happen to you on the nights you were targeted?
Never mind Kyle it was Indigolu
Jinrou

Post by Jinrou »

[mention]Epignosis[/mention]

How did you realise there is another day available?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I looked at the poll.

Who is a threat to Zootopia?

Poll runs till Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:49 pm
Jinrou

Post by Jinrou »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:29 pm I looked at the poll.

i literally never watched the movie

i googled my character

my guess is as someone mentioned the police incompetent everyone will turn up as green
Jinrou

Post by Jinrou »

*is incompetent
Jinrou

Post by Jinrou »

http://www.pajiba.com/think_pieces/spoi ... lained.php

the villain of zootopia is apparently a racist sheep
Jinrou

Post by Jinrou »

Now the important aspect here prey and predator are marked in the roles

Which means there is an importance to the aspect

What if the goal of the mafia isn't to kill all town, but to kill all predator?
Jinrou

Post by Jinrou »

Soneji flipped bellweater himself, so that's already a thing

Another antagonist is a sheep called Doug which acts as sniper for the sheep
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Logic wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:51 pmThat was my problem. You and Jinrou were tied at 2-2, and you hadn't cast a vote for anyone, let alone for the one that looks most likely to flip today in lieu of you and possibly spare your bacon in the process.
i always save my vote til the last minute so I can be as dramatic as possible.

it's my ninja way.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I go cook and make money and this is it? This is all?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I have mixed feelings on Jinrou. I don't know that I can vote there, as much as my heart is willing.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

"Epignosis, how did you realise there is another day available?"
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Given Jinrou talking about parity and how many mafia could be left and what not, I assumed he had "caught" me believing we had another Day phase (capital D) left, insinuating that I had inside knowledge of how many mafia members were left.

I have no such knowledge, so I gave a smart ass answer:

Yet Jinrou doesn't follow up on the idea that I am bad and had insider information.
Jinrou wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:38 pm

i literally never watched the movie

i googled my character

my guess is as someone mentioned the police incompetent everyone will turn up as green
I don't even know what to do with that. :shrug:

If Jinrou is mafia, then I guess his question was an innocent one and I didn't get it.

If he's a civilian I don't get it.

I am puzzled. I am perplexed. I am pee.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Logic asked this of me:

"With Indiglo's vote no longer counting, do you want to vote to save Kyle, and go over to jinrou? Or are you sticking with colonialbob?"

I don't know why indiglo's vote going into the toilet mattered with respect to where I was voting. My opinion and vote is my own.

Why does Kyle need saving?

I feel like there's an angle here.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I changed my vote to Logic.

Talk people. Dance. Dance!
Kylemii