Drunken Lullabies (Chapter 2)

We aim to misbehave! Join the crew of Jenny Wren in this sim set within the Firefly Universe.
Ellie
The Mark
Posts in topic: 82

Re: Drunken Lullabies (Storyline 2)

Post by Ellie »

Fiona wrote:Fiona nodded, still shaking, and retrieved a towel. She handed it to the captain. She opened her mouth to say something, anything meaningful - maybe to apologize for not getting to Jane in time. Maybe to ask for reassurance. Maybe to find out what was going to happen next. Instead what came out was "Human saliva has a boiling point three times that of water."

She looked down at her sweater and reached out a tentative finger, stopping just before she could touch it. Her face twisted in what seemed like sadness, and immediately she reached up and tapped her processors. "My mother gave me that," she said, indicating the sweater with a jerk of her chin. "And I'm sorry... I'm sorry I didn't know how to do anything more to help her. I've never seen anyone get shot before."
Ellie
The Mark
Posts in topic: 82

Re: Drunken Lullabies (Storyline 2)

Post by Ellie »

Ellie wrote:Location: Jane's cabin, Jenny Wren

Fiona nodded, still shaking, and retrieved a towel. She handed it to the captain. She opened her mouth to say something, anything meaningful - maybe to apologize for not getting to Jane in time. Maybe to ask for reassurance. Maybe to find out what was going to happen next. Instead what came out was "Human saliva has a boiling point three times that of water."

She looked down at her sweater and reached out a tentative finger, stopping just before she could touch it. Her face twisted in what seemed like sadness, and immediately she reached up and tapped her processors. "My mother gave me that," she said, indicating the sweater with a jerk of her chin. "And I'm sorry... I'm sorry I didn't know how to do anything more to help her. I've never seen anyone get shot before."

Sympathy washed over Ellie. She had been in a war, she had seen death up close and personal, invited it in for tea and made it her companion. But this poor soul was not used to it. To her death must surely be harsh, cold and jarring. Ellie laid a hand on Fiona's arm to calm her, get her attention. Then she looked her straight in the eyes and said, "It's not your fault. Jane's still with us, and I'll do everything I can to help her. But whatever happens, none of this is your fault, you did your best my girl." She cast her gaze at the sweater, "I don't know that I can save the sweater though," Ellie looked apologetically at Fiona. "I'm sorry you got put in this tough spot, but... I'm proud of how you're holding up. You are strong."

Return to “Big Damn Heroes”