Nutella
No votes
Colonialbob
17%
Sig
No votes
Kites
No votes
The suspense is killing me (host/dead/non)
72%

Total votes: 18
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 292

Re: Fire Emblem Draft Mafia [Day 3]

Post by speedchuck »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:08 pm I miss dunya
:sigh:

Can you point me to/re-explain the reasons for your scumreads? I put you lower on my list because normally I can follow your processes, and right now I strongly disagree with most of your scumreads, and I don't know why.
SIGNATURE:
Spoiler: show
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 662
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

The thing I have against Jay is that he reminds me of Mountain Jay, and not in regards to activity. There is something about Jay that is "unpleasant", if I have to describe it.

Like Jay is usually this gentleman that is so easy to deal with. I remember my first game in this site where I would accuse him and people he was civ reading, for silly reasons, and he would use his time to argue with me and listen to my points and constantly reanalyse his own suspicions.

Here, he is more sttuborn. Though I haven't argued with him myself, you can see from the way he is arguing with Epi and White and others that he is not confortable in his arguing. He is resistant to disagreement, and unwilling to let go of his suspicions. The fact he is going after low hanging fruits isn't something I'm very concerned with, but the fact he is so adamant at it when such cases are very weak in nature does. He is setting for easy solutions, and a good scumhunter doesn't accept easy solutions, even if they are willing to go with them from time to time. Like, it's one thing to vote for lapluie and Dr. White, it's another to voice vehement disagreement when people suggest him to abandon them for more juicy cases.

I'm treading dangerous ground here because I've notice Jay is really fatigued in this game, and this is generally non-alignment indicative. He made a post suggesting he shouldn't signed up or been so active, and I support him for that. But I'm trying to figure out if there is an alignment influence in that. Maybe civ Jay would feel less pressure and would be less sttubborn, even if he was pressured for time or mafia fatigued.

So Jay I'm really sorry if you are a civ and I'm being unfair to you, but I need to hunt. :hugs:
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 466
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Also I just reread Iron_Dwarf's ISO and honestly with the perspective of knowing Dr. White (as well as Colin to some extent) was town, I don't really see much reason to read him either way. Most of the reasons I suspected him have been neutralized. The one thing being if maybe his reaction to the Dr. White draft thing being "TMI" if he's bad and knew Dr. White was civ all along... but he'd probably legitimately have that reaction as town as well. idk, what's the current case on him? [mention]rundontwalk[/mention] you seem to have a back-and-forth thing going with him which I don't know what to think of, [mention]colonialbob[/mention] [mention]speedchuck[/mention] what are your reasons?
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

nutella wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:36 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:25 pm Nutella what is your read on Jay?
I kind of get the case against him and could tinfoil him as bad given his recent play, but my early townread of him was strong enough that it would very much be tinfoil. Idk, I'm always a bit wary of being tricked by him and his behavior has been a little bit off, but I sympathize with his mafia fatigue and believe that at least to be genuine. But yeah both you and Mac have pointed out some reasonably compelling accusations. :shrug:
I feel like I graduated on Jay after Mountain. Like I used to tinfoil on him simply because he was too civ to be true. Now that I've seen the bad Jay, I feel more confortable with the idea of civ Jay. It's not about post count, it's not about effort. It's a more emotional thing. Civ Jay loves being a civ. You can feel glee in his posts as he makes ISOs. It's absent here.

Assuming I'm right this time, of course.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:41 pm The thing I have against Jay is that he reminds me of Mountain Jay, and not in regards to activity. There is something about Jay that is "unpleasant", if I have to describe it.

Like Jay is usually this gentleman that is so easy to deal with. I remember my first game in this site where I would accuse him and people he was civ reading, for silly reasons, and he would use his time to argue with me and listen to my points and constantly reanalyse his own suspicions.

Here, he is more sttuborn. Though I haven't argued with him myself, you can see from the way he is arguing with Epi and White and others that he is not confortable in his arguing. He is resistant to disagreement, and unwilling to let go of his suspicions. The fact he is going after low hanging fruits isn't something I'm very concerned with, but the fact he is so adamant at it when such cases are very weak in nature does. He is setting for easy solutions, and a good scumhunter doesn't accept easy solutions, even if they are willing to go with them from time to time. Like, it's one thing to vote for lapluie and Dr. White, it's another to voice vehement disagreement when people suggest him to abandon them for more juicy cases.

I'm treading dangerous ground here because I've notice Jay is really fatigued in this game, and this is generally non-alignment indicative. He made a post suggesting he shouldn't signed up or been so active, and I support him for that. But I'm trying to figure out if there is an alignment influence in that. Maybe civ Jay would feel less pressure and would be less sttubborn, even if he was pressured for time or mafia fatigued.

So Jay I'm really sorry if you are a civ and I'm being unfair to you, but I need to hunt. :hugs:
I at the very least disagree with the last sentence, knowing Jay I think he certainly feels a lot of pressure as a civ particularly to perform his supertown persona. Not that he doesn't definitely also feel pressure when bad but I think he handles it differently. I see your trepidation though in that I can't really tell what his scumhunting strategy has been so it may be a façade.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I feel like if this was two years ago I would have been a lot more ruthless. I wonder if this is a good thing or not.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 536
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:41 pmmore juicy cases.
The problem with your mindset is here.

I understand it; I don't fault you for it; it's okay.

I didn't see a single juicy case on Days 1 or 2. The juiciest case I felt existed was my own case on Dr. White, until it was no longer juicy. I maintain that Day 2 was barely better than an extension of Day 2. No lynches are garbage unless they provide conclusive alignment intelligence on the player who didn't die. Y'all can exchange your juicy cases as much as you like, but I think they've been crap. I am now being subject to one of them.

Civilians are bad at this.

This game has been, until recently as I have faded to the background and dunya was replaced, a hurricane. Mafia members can't keep up as easily with a hurricane as civilians. So lynch a slacker. I say it every game these days when they move anywhere near this quickly. Nobody listens to me. I've nearly always been right. Mortal Kombat was an arguable exception, though the civilians were blind in the end of that one to some obvious tells anyway. Because they're bad at this.

Easy targets? You're damned right. That means nothing about alignment. Lynching me instead is objectively foolish under these conditions when such a long game is ahead of us for various other possibilities to show themselves (I manage to clear myself as I often seem to, the mafia kill me for you, or a mafia flip qualifies reads on me beyond terrible meta reads which have no bearing on reality). If I had more fire, I might argue it harder. I don't.

Later in the phase I'll give more useful reads. I'm letting this day phase develop mostly without me.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

nutella wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:43 pm speedchuck what are your reasons?
I haven't been here the whole time, so I was mostly following townreads onto him.

However, looking back in the Dwarf ISO, it looks like Dwarf has a somewhat legit beef with RDW. Hm. I should have more time tomorrow to look at this than I do today. Considering that the game is moving at a reasonable pace, I may even ISO some people.

Any suggestions as to who I should ISO tomorrow? I'm taking the first 5-7, one from each person to speak up. JJJ counts for like, 4 of those probably.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

...see then he goes and makes a completely believable jaypost like that. maybe I'm a sucker for his analytical methods and maybe I'm falling for his deceit but he just... makes sense.

also I don't think I agree with you DDL about the Mountains comparison, he's different here
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 444

Post by MacDougall »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:37 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:08 pm I miss dunya
:sigh:

Can you point me to/re-explain the reasons for your scumreads? I put you lower on my list because normally I can follow your processes, and right now I strongly disagree with most of your scumreads, and I don't know why.
Today i am just slinging some shit around to guage reactions.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 722

Post by dunya »

miss u more macd :puppy: :hugs:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Well Jay you have a good point in the sense that your activity may make you easier to read down the line, while low activity people tend to become a burden if they live too long.

I'm normally an advocate for vigging inactives, but vigging in this game has garbage reliability. So far only one happened and its author claimed to have been misdirected.

Problem is that lynching inactives or low contribution people is a way for scum to push the game into their victory. In the game I just hosted there were 5 consecutive lynches, none on mafia (3 civs, 2 indies) where civs lazily pointed to apathetic players and punished them for it, while mafia won because all 6 mafiosos gave a shit and had decent activity (2 of them didn't but made up for with amazing BTSC activity).

Also I disagree reads were not juicy enough. Actually I disagree they are worse in this game than in others. Generally ALL reads are garbage. Every game. Unless the mafioso slips hard (which is rare) or if its backed by a cop. This game is challenging because scumhunting is a crapshoot and even the best scumhunters are wrong half of the time. Town can only succeed if we accept that fact and lynch people despite not being confident in our reads.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I feel like we are in a pseudo lylo. No dead mafia by day 3 means its time for a different approach.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I recommend two options.

We go back and put the pressure on our day 1 candy dates.

We put a lot of pressure on a top poster.

Jay suggests we lynch Wilgy.

I have not known a scum Wilgy to forgo his chance to be a wifom scumlord before.

I obviously am not confident in a Jay flip but i feel like squeezing him today is going to make for a more productive day than most other options. Even if that results in someone else appearing as a better option.
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 563
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Re: iron_dwarf

His Epi bashing didn't sit right with me, I never really understood why his disagreement with the exercise translated to Epi being scum. He then backed off that d2, before going back n2 after the EoD craziness.

I don't like the "nutella is opportunistic" criticism, it's very vague and just seems to be echoing other suspicions. If true, show your work.

His previous post about Sig not being mafia because of his power makes no sense and he hasn't addressed my questioning of it.

His pressure on RDW clearly indicates he missed some of the discussion between RDW and JJJ, which could be mafia looking for an easy excuse to park their vote.

He was one of the people who voted me early and never provided a case on me despite my repeated asking for one.

All that said, after the ISO a lot of the posting I didn't agree with war how he defended himself against the draft argument (which was a totally valid argument). However, Dr. White being town means that defense isn't necessarily scummy, poor as it is.

Overall I still lean negative on him but it's less strong than before the Dr. White flip.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:08 pm I feel like we are in a pseudo lylo. No dead mafia by day 3 means its time for a different approach.
In a game this big?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:20 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:08 pm I feel like we are in a pseudo lylo. No dead mafia by day 3 means its time for a different approach.
In a game this big?
Especially in a game this big. The Mafia already have a far greater lynching majority than I am comfortable with. If they vote together we are in a world of pain.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Pseudo lylo btw not actual lylo. Obviously the game will continue but if the Mafia don't lose a player today it will put us in an almost impossible position moving forward. I am sure that civs have come back from similar or worse before but it is exceedingly rare.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

The choices of Mafia night kills presuming that they are not redirected point to the Mafia decision making being lead by a strategist.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

colonialbob wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:18 pm Re: iron_dwarf

His Epi bashing didn't sit right with me, I never really understood why his disagreement with the exercise translated to Epi being scum. He then backed off that d2, before going back n2 after the EoD craziness.

I don't like the "nutella is opportunistic" criticism, it's very vague and just seems to be echoing other suspicions. If true, show your work.

His previous post about Sig not being mafia because of his power makes no sense and he hasn't addressed my questioning of it.

His pressure on RDW clearly indicates he missed some of the discussion between RDW and JJJ, which could be mafia looking for an easy excuse to park their vote.

He was one of the people who voted me early and never provided a case on me despite my repeated asking for one.

All that said, after the ISO a lot of the posting I didn't agree with war how he defended himself against the draft argument (which was a totally valid argument). However, Dr. White being town means that defense isn't necessarily scummy, poor as it is.

Overall I still lean negative on him but it's less strong than before the Dr. White flip.
hmmm ok
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:25 pm The choices of Mafia night kills presuming that they are not redirected point to the Mafia decision making being lead by a strategist.
what do you mean by this?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Something to look out for on this day is a bus. In the Buffy game we just played the only Mafia death occurred by bus on day 3. Mafia are in the enviable position of being able to sac a player for cred today and be in a net positive position for having done so. If a player like Epignosis, Jimmy or another confident voice cause a bus they will become an impossible lynch. They are almost impossible to lynch anyway but it would put it over the top.

If a civ sparks a mini wagon on a Mafia player I would expect quieter Mafia to try to naturally move onto that wagon for cred. If a Mafia distancing attempt backfires the same will occur. If the Mafia do decide to bus today then it WILL happen. So I would be looking for perceived easy to form wagons to fit that profile and would let then happen, while not giving any credit to anyone who contributes to it, at all.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I'm okay with this Iron Dwarf lynch though my reasons for it were never too strong. Can people who are voting for him summarize their cases?

i'm not okay with the Sig lynch based on game mechanics. There is "easy" all over it. You guys can do better.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:27 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:25 pm The choices of Mafia night kills presuming that they are not redirected point to the Mafia decision making being lead by a strategist.
what do you mean by this?
In scum teams, often a specific player will take control of the decision making. In Buffy it was Tranq. The choices here have some intent behind them. Logic dictates that you kill players who suspect your team and/or players who pose a threat but these kill choices are unlikely to have such basic reasoning. Rabbit8 was inactive. This for a night 1 kill is sensible because it leaves very few clues as to the purpose of it. TonyStarkPrime was relatively well suspected and wasn't posting much, however he had a potentially problematic role. I believe that these choices indicate some advanced thought. It makes me feel like the scum team are being led by, or comprise of several experienced, calculated and smart players.

I don't have a full understanding of how each player performs as a Mafia role because I have yet to play in a scum team with every player here. However my modus operandi is generally just straight up kill people who suspect me, and perceived super town threats. Usually civilians hand wave away the idea that I would be that obvious on my behalf, so it's an extremely viable tactic for me personally. It is worth recounting what you know of former scum teammates. What is the scum MO of the players we have here. Do any of them feel like the type to have executed our two fine civs?

The TonyStarkPrime night kill particularly is worth analysing. Who did he suspect? Who indicated suspicion of him? Whose publicly visible roles were rendered ineffective by his role, if any? Again, it's a smart kill, because he had managed to shuffle loose his early game suspicion and had become quite a well trusted player but hadn't really exerted himself much yet. He was unlikely to attract protections etc.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I have a similar MO to you Mac's. I want to kill the people who are hard to lynch, and cops.

I disagree it takes a team full of strategists to pull complicated kills off, though. One player is enough.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Fire Emblem Draft Mafia [Day 0]

Post by MacDougall »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:06 pm
dunya wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:40 pm I feel sorry for the townies who get assigned to Badguyia. You guys are doomed with a microsope. I wouldn't be surprised when scum people (probably 1) claim they are from Badguyia to win points. I'm watching. :mafia: :smoky:
Well I’m from Badguyia so WIFOM that

@linki give a guy some time, the day just started
Notable, not sure what the current townpinion on this is, but it proves once and for all that people from Badguyia can be civs.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:31 pm I have a similar MO to you Mac's. I want to kill the people who are hard to lynch, and cops.

I disagree it takes a team full of strategists to pull complicated kills off, though. One player is enough.
Yeah I said either led by, or comprised of. Though that's kind of slightly unimportant compared to the actual flavour of the kills. There has to be some indication as to who is making these choices. The fact that they haven't taken a shot at a loud voice yet is a tell for sure. I'm just not sure whom, though I am sure a civ out there does have an idea.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 70

Post by DrWilgy »

I'm back. What did I miss.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Just had a geez at TSP's ISO. Here are some players he had significant opinions on.

Kylemii - Probably the player TSP placed the most focus on throughout the game, though he never really pushed hard for a lynch and did question himself. Most of his scum hunting focus was on Kyle.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:48 am Okay let’s play the Why is Kyle mafia game.

VOTE: KYLEMII

I’m pretty confident but I want to hear what you guys think.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:53 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:46 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:00 pm TSP is the Shaman: "Forbidden Knowledge - Each night, you may choose a role from role list and reveal any secrets or background powers associated with it. Using this on scum roles too often without using it on enough draft/promotion roles will result in negative consequences."

This would be a very odd baddie role, because why would a scum use this on a scummate?
It's a role that the scum might want to snatch up so the town can't learn their secrets. (and while I'm writing this I see this has been answered already)

That being said, I wouldn't want to mislynch the Shaman if Tony is civ after all, but I'm really not feeling good about him.
Long Con wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:06 pm Aaaahhh, yes I see. Yes, the scum would want to own the most dangerous roles to them. If Tony is scum then, the player who drafted him into the Shaman is also scum.

Hey that's me and I resent the assumption :disappoint: He requested it, I didn't think for too long about it and I was still trying to wrap my head around all the roles so I didn't even consider that it was a role the scum might want to claim. I was more wary of Wilgy asking for a killing role. I think I must have associated info roles with townies wanting them, and I wanted to keep the draft going relatively quickly so I unfortunately didn't think about it for too long.

If I unwittingly gave such a powerful role to the mafia then it is my duty to repent by lynching the guy D1 :noble:

Also, he still hasn't explained his mysterious accusation of Kyle, has he? Wtf was that about?
Nutella what do you think about Kyle?
And as far as it being a role scum would want, I think it would be pretty obvious if I were using my power in a scum manner. It’s hard to fake being a Town shaman if you are not a Town shaman.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:45 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:36 pm @sig Mac made a fake callout of rdw as a "trap", he didn't really scumread him, and as for kyle you may be remembering Tony's mysterious accusation of Kyle which he still has not explained

linki: oh jay says it was SFQ, which I didn't win ftr :p
Does anyone else have any thoughts on Kyle? Cause I'm surprised by the lack of thoughts on Kyle.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:43 pm
Kylemii wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:39 pm I'm sorry why are people assuming that epis data collection has anything to do with his backstory or his role at all? anyone could ask any of the questions he's asked and use the data to extrapolate something without a game power being involved. it's not like the troubador is known for being the only unit class in fire emblem that has S-class proficiency in excel spreadsheets, (that would probably be merchant or tactician)
Kyle stop saying smart stuff. It makes me feel bad for thinking you are mafia.

@Epi Yes
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:51 pm
Kylemii wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:46 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:45 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:36 pm @sig Mac made a fake callout of rdw as a "trap", he didn't really scumread him, and as for kyle you may be remembering Tony's mysterious accusation of Kyle which he still has not explained

linki: oh jay says it was SFQ, which I didn't win ftr :p
Does anyone else have any thoughts on Kyle? Cause I'm surprised by the lack of thoughts on Kyle.
I think a better question is, do you have any thoughts on me? because you've brought me up twice now as a discussion topic without really giving a reason why.

If you want people to talk about me then be the change you want to see in the world.
I think I've come to the conclusion that I'm wrong / can't support myself but I want other people to tell me I'm wrong so I can feel better about switching my vote.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:04 am Okay, so when I went to bed last night this was the last thing Kyle posted:
Kylemii wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:41 pm
Long Con wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:39 pm So, who's going to get nightkilled first?

Everyone knows everyone's abilities, right? The Mafia will kill the abilities that threaten them the most.... right?

Have I missed discussion on this?
why would we discuss that
which was weird

At the same time he had (and still has) the third highest post count but he hadn't posted much of substance. Which I'm typically fine with but while JJJ was making the high posters = town argument it seemed like an easy way for cred. So last night I had him on my 3 most likely mafia list.

When I woke up this morning there was that whole "does the day end tomorrow thing" which after several discussions about using naivety seemed a little off. Since I'm unfamiliar with meta, I put a vote there and tried to get others to make a read there. It didn't happen which means two things: 1. no one really had a read, and 2. mafia had better things to do. I kept the vote to see if the trend would continue.

After I voted for him he shifted pretty seamlessly into a "doing things" Kyle, so I guess something happened. In the last few hours he's made a few solid posts that I'd typically call town.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:19 pm
colonialbob wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:22 am @TonyStarkPrime reads?

Dunya Town
JJJ scum
Epi ???
Colin null
Kyle Mafia but I can’t explain it
DDL maybe scum
Missing players scum
Nutella Town
Quin town
Kenway town
LongCon scumish
colonialbob - TSP voted for cBob after earlier indicating he had a null read on him. Probably his second greatest focus.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:44 am
sig wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:58 pm What does everyone think of Bob and DDF?

I feel like if one of them is mafia the Pegasus knight under them is mafia as well.
Both mafia. If they’re both mafia can they all be mafia? Of Bob and DDL I’m slightly more suspicious of DDL but I can’t read Bob and that psychs me into giving him a null read
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:50 am
Long Con wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:48 am Bob, I think you're Civ and if you weren't already off the block, I'd try to help.

Linki: WILGY! Whatcha drinkin'?
Bob, I don’t but if you switch to someone who isn’t me or DrWhite or Lap I would follow
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:30 pm [VOTE: ColonialBob] aubergine

I’ve given up on being unable to lynch CBob.

CBob why are you not a dirty rotten no-good miscreant?
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:15 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:08 pm
colonialbob wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:02 pm He hasn't addressed my question except for a vague "ISO" and no response to a request for specifics.
The wording is awkward, though I wouldn't say I find it suspicious. It at least begs clarification.

nyStarkPrime, if I correct your initial comment to your intention, I get "I've given up on being unable to read cbob". I still don't know what that means in the context of a post containing a vote for him. What were you trying to say?
Grabbing some questionable CBob posts now but it's taking a bit of time, I can explain this first.

Earlier I had stated that I felt baddish about CBob but I didn't think I could read him well so I didn't want to act on it.
With this I'm saying I don't care about that, he's bad.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:36 pm
colonialbob wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:33 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:27 pm
colonialbob wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:22 pm @ColinIsCool the only thing I don't get is why you brought the nightkill into it when we were barely halfway into the day phase?
I straight up don't understand this question any time anybody's asked it. Because the things you do in the day phase affect how the mafia perceives you and if you get nightkilled on day 1, you don't live to day 2, and you can't contribute useful information/win the game? Is there a difference in fundamental game mechanics between this site and everywhere else in the universe Mafia is played that I'm not getting?
Because he still has ~24 hours to talk about why he asked his question and what he felt like he learned. He doesn't want to do so before everybody has responded because that skews what responses he gets.

Obviously ridiculous example: "please everybody name your favorite animal"
*answers by some but not all*
"Hey Epi why did you ask this?"
"Well see anybody who mentions a predator is scientifically proven to be mafia"
*remaining players all name fuzzy herbivores*

Did those last players respond honestly or because they knew what he waa looking for?
CBob on Colin:
Both of the CBob posts here are kind of outrageous. The first one comes out of nowhere and is not as far as I can tell directly related to anything in the thread. It rehashes an old argument from hours ago that got some swing the first time.
Where Colin's response is directly an answer to the question posed by CBob, CBob's counter response is not about that response at all. It goes back to the "Colin not answering Epi" thing, another argument already dissected in thread.
CBob switches off his vote half an hour later.

Kites - TSP blatantly said Kites was bad though never made much of a case as to why.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:14 pm I don’t have strong reads on Dr White and Iron Dwarf so I’m gonna iso them, but first: a thought.

1. Kites is bad
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:34 am
Kites wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:27 am wow i’m going thru the stuff posted while i was sleepng and it’s fucking nuts
Reasonable reaction. Also, are you Mafia?
I find all three of these players suspect even without considering that they had reason to execute TSP. I am very interested in pursuing Kyle in particular here as I do not feel like I am seeing the same Kyle I am used to. I can totally see Kyle not killing TSP on night 1 because it would be too obvious, only to get rid of him night 2 after TSP had backed off him a bit. Especially if TSP happened to move his focus onto a teammate of Kyle's like cBob or Kites.

I'd love to see some deep analysis on Kyle.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Fire Emblem Draft Mafia [Day 0]

Post by MacDougall »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:45 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:44 amI don't like how Kyle is the one of the high posters who has done nothing so far in terms of reading people's alignments.

But I recall accusing him of a similar thing last game so dejavu.

I guess he just likes to talk about game mechanics. Maybe.
I tend to play more passively early on. My early game skills aren't really that great. I tend to listen and follow along and ask questions and point things out, as well as review players that other people find suspicious to see if I agree. I don't really start getting shit done til like.... Day 2 or 3.

As far as mechanics go... I do tend to get wrapped up in analyzing them. Especially when they're as cool and complicated as in this game, and even moreso when it's a game that's made from a source material that I care a lot about.
Let's see it then.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Fire Emblem Draft Mafia [Day 1]

Post by MacDougall »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:49 pm
Long Con wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:45 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:41 pm
Long Con wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:39 pm So, who's going to get nightkilled first?

Everyone knows everyone's abilities, right? The Mafia will kill the abilities that threaten them the most.... right?

Have I missed discussion on this?
why would we discuss that
Why wouldn't we?
but.... why would we
:ponder:

Strange behaviours here.
lapluie
Moon Child
Posts in topic: 108

Post by lapluie »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:48 pm AUBERGINE

[6] nutella - MacDougall, gwilikers6, dunya, ColinIsCool, rundontwalk, JaggedJimmyJay
[2] Epignosis - Kites, Iron_Dwarf
[6] Quin - Dragon D. Luffy, nutella, , colonialbob, Marmot, Kylemii, Long Con
[1] rabbit8 - sig
[1] ColinIsCool - Epignosis
[1] Kylemii - TonyStarkPrime
[1] TonyStarkPrime - Kenway
[1] dunya - DrWilgy

No vote: Dr. White, lapluie, Quin, rabbit8, sprityo
[mention]colonialbob[/mention] yep she was.
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

lapluie wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:18 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:48 pm AUBERGINE

[6] nutella - MacDougall, gwilikers6, dunya, ColinIsCool, rundontwalk, JaggedJimmyJay
[2] Epignosis - Kites, Iron_Dwarf
[6] Quin - Dragon D. Luffy, nutella, , colonialbob, Marmot, Kylemii, Long Con
[1] rabbit8 - sig
[1] ColinIsCool - Epignosis
[1] Kylemii - TonyStarkPrime
[1] TonyStarkPrime - Kenway
[1] dunya - DrWilgy

No vote: Dr. White, lapluie, Quin, rabbit8, sprityo
@colonialbob yep she was.
...not on day 2 lol which is what that comment was about
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I just analysed Kyle and I can't see a Mafia there. If I wanted to I could force myself to make a case on him but ... if he is Mafia he's fooled me.
lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:40 pm I'm back. What did I miss.
hi wb, nutella is bad
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

Iron_Dwarf wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:15 am
lapluie wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:14 pm Can someone explain to me the eggplant. .why are voting with an eggplant?
I didn't dare to ask this myself. :faint:
How come?
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Fire Emblem Draft Mafia [Day 2]

Post by MacDougall »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:17 pm Question before I post too much... did I die yet?
This post implied that you promised much posting if alive. Well, where the fuck it is Docman?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I have a hypothesis.

Jimmy has been trying to bus a teammate for cred. He's been adamantly pushing the idea that lynching an easy player CAN net scum. Obviously it can. But he has belaboured the point. Why? Because he wants us to give ourselves unto him and let him bus a teammate for cred.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Re: Kyle -- To be fair he has had some original contributions such as his case on LC. I think he's done ok putting bits of situational pressure on people, but I don't feel like I've seen him follow up pressure continually or make substantial cases with the exception of LC. Otherwise he's gotten involved in a fair amount mechanics discussion, which I do think is normal town behavior for him (especially in a game with so many mechanics to discuss and as they apply to player interactions) but definitely doesn't clear him. I don't see anything particularly suspicious from him though, if he's bad he's doing a great job looking like his town self.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

That's how I feel in a nutshell about him. But there is a lingering doubt. I know what TSP means now.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

[mention]JaggedJimmyJay[/mention] what do you think of the idea that Iron Dwarf is copping a lot of heat from Mafia teammates?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:29 pm I have a hypothesis.

Jimmy has been trying to bus a teammate for cred. He's been adamantly pushing the idea that lynching an easy player CAN net scum. Obviously it can. But he has belaboured the point. Why? Because he wants us to give ourselves unto him and let him bus a teammate for cred.
I certainly wanted to do that in Mountain Mafia. :grin:

It isn't my design here, but go ahead and believe that if you like. It'll be a good opportunity to remedy your MK oopsie of leaving Simon alive despite thinking Jack was bussing him. If you think I'm bussing a low poster, then let me do it.
MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:37 pm @JaggedJimmyJay what do you think of the idea that Iron Dwarf is copping a lot of heat from Mafia teammates?
It's a believable scenario. He has made numerous derpy type posts which mafia teammates, if they exist, will worry about more than they probably should. That kind of thing tends to bring about distancing.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:03 pm

It isn't my design here, but go ahead and believe that if you like. It'll be a good opportunity to remedy your MK oopsie of leaving Simon alive despite thinking Jack was bussing him. If you think I'm bussing a low poster, then let me do it.
MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:37 pm @JaggedJimmyJay what do you think of the idea that Iron Dwarf is copping a lot of heat from Mafia teammates?
It's a believable scenario. He has made numerous derpy type posts which mafia teammates, if they exist, will worry about more than they probably should. That kind of thing tends to bring about distancing.
LOL WTF how is that only my fault?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 722

Post by dunya »

MK oopsie of mislynching dunya :noble: rip me
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 241

Post by sig »

Long Con wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:20 pm
sig wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:14 pmI find it amusing you spent how long basically complaining people post to much, your not as good as ppl think, ect thenjump on the easiest wagon possible to try tp lynch a player who you know is oftem mislynched on stupid shit.
1. How long did I spend complaining? I just went through my 130 posts and found two instances where I said something like "X pages behind, catching up now" or something to that effect. Couldn't find a single instance of me complaining people post too much. Maybe you can help me out here, sig, since you say I've spent too much time complaining.

2. I'm not as good as people think. That's a proven fact, over and over. Me jumping on the easiest wagon should only reinforce that fact in your mind.

3. Ok, fine. I'll put you as green on my rainbow list, and if you are bad, then I never want to hear any crap about how I shouldn't suspect you due to how often you are mislynched.

UNVOTE: SIG AUBERGINE
Well this takes the winds out of my sails. :suspish:

Also I disagree on point 2 it seems scummy and I don't know how I feel about you removing your vote, it seemed like you did it to easily?

linki: You started it by mislynching me. :p
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 241

Post by sig »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:40 pm I'm back. What did I miss.
Why didn't my kill on you work?
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:07 pm LOL WTF how is that only my fault?
It wasn't only your fault. You were a part of a collective oopsie. It was silly. We learn from our oopsies.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

What would mafia be if we didn't mislynch innocent people from time to time :feb:
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 599
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:09 pmI find all three of these players suspect even without considering that they had reason to execute TSP. I am very interested in pursuing Kyle in particular here as I do not feel like I am seeing the same Kyle I am used to. I can totally see Kyle not killing TSP on night 1 because it would be too obvious, only to get rid of him night 2 after TSP had backed off him a bit. Especially if TSP happened to move his focus onto a teammate of Kyle's like cBob or Kites.

I'd love to see some deep analysis on Kyle.
the only time i would ever let myself be the one in charge of deciding mafia kills would be on a team where i'm the only active player. my lack of confidence and initiative extends to all aspects of my mafia life unfortunately.

this is also pretty wifom but i don't think i would have advocated a kill on rabbit... i was part of the decision to vig-kill rabbit in buffy night 2 and I still feel kinda bad about it. he's been back for like 5 games and he's only been able to spread his unusually cranky set of rabbit wings in like... one of them.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

If the rabbit kill was intentional, it was super lame. The guy got wasted so fast in MK when he was active, cooled down for this, and got wasted again anyway. Shame on you, mafia. Let the man play.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 180
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:07 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:03 pm

LOL WTF how is that only my fault?
:pout:

Return to “Previous Jobs”