Nutella
No votes
Colonialbob
17%
Sig
No votes
Kites
No votes
The suspense is killing me (host/dead/non)
72%

Total votes: 18
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 172
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Fire Emblem Draft Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:51 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:41 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:27 pm Either LC isn't paying attention, which isn't ideal, or he is pretending not to pay attention, which isn't ideal. Perhaps a more agreeable suspicion would be that he is milking his recent meta for playing a detached Day 1.
If I were an ideal player, I'd win more. :meany:
You disparaged your own play in Fiddler too. You may have had a few early mafia deaths in quick succession over the last few games, but they aren't indicative of your overall abilities as a player. We all have slumps. Nobody is buying that you suck. :p
A slump? That would be nice, that sounds finite. From my perspective, Mafia play on this site has gotten generally better (thanks in no small part to you, you obsessive jerk), and my own Mafia play has not improved. I don't feel like I can compete as effectively in today's Syndicate, because I just don't have the time or focus to do what you do. And THAT'S assuming that, with time and focus, I could be nearly as effective... something I am almost afraid to put to the test.

So you'd all better start buying that I suck. No more talk about some legendary Long Con skills that I displayed while we were all playing like Mafia preschoolers. That's not reality, and it's just frustratingly harmful to my game to be held to those standards. Consider me average, and then I can at least try to live up to your expectations.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 180
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:17 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:13 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:00 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:54 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:43 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:13 pm Jackofhearts2005 - are scum roles revealed at death/lynches?
Yes.
To be clear, if Thumb is lynched or nightkilled, he will flip as "Thumb (Five Finger Mafia), flavorflavorflavor."

You will not learn what Thumb's backstory powers were and you will not learn if Thumb was the don or a goon.

This assumes Thumb is not a seemer of some sort. :noble:
can you tell us if the mafia team knew this before drafting started?
No. XD
:suspish:

may you tell us?
No. XD
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 722

Post by dunya »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:26 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:17 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:13 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:00 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:54 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:43 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:13 pm Jackofhearts2005 - are scum roles revealed at death/lynches?
Yes.
To be clear, if Thumb is lynched or nightkilled, he will flip as "Thumb (Five Finger Mafia), flavorflavorflavor."

You will not learn what Thumb's backstory powers were and you will not learn if Thumb was the don or a goon.

This assumes Thumb is not a seemer of some sort. :noble:
can you tell us if the mafia team knew this before drafting started?
No. XD
:suspish:

may you tell us?
No. XD
"Disgusting."
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:20 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:56 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:32 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:30 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:25 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:22 pm i would appreciate if some folks would look through lc's iso and tell me what they think
Pretty much nothing. It suits his early play in both MK and Fiddler (civilian and mafia respectively), so we'll see how it develops. He's a suspect so long as there is no reason to give him civilian credit.
what do you make specifically of his confusion on how drafting works
It tells me nothing. I'd expect members of both factions to not be sure what's going on in the draft.
I think Kyle dropped this line of thinking without a word after JJJ's post here. Why?
I haven't dropped the line of thinking, I just haven't talked about it again since then. I feel like I suspect you early in a lot of games so I want to make sure I'm being realistic. I understand not paying attention in the beginning of stuff and not wanting to read every single day 0 post. I've seen that from you before, in Mortal Kombat where you were a civ. The fact that you're co-hosting a game with your wife rn is also obviously a factor in that.

The thing that stuck out to me was this:
Long Con wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:24 pmOh, this is going? I beg a role now? Who decides?
First post, you come in asking a few reasonable questions for someone who hasn't read anything other than maybe the first couple posts of the thread. At this point you seem to understand that getting a role requires begging and someone else deciding for you. Then you leave for 4 hours.
Really only 4 hours between those two posts? Feels like it was forever. Like it was the next day or something. Huh. At that point, I didn't understand what it even meant; I had just read Jack's pregame post that said "Thread opened for role begging." Role begging? What is that even? I didn't know.
Long Con wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:44 amHeresy! No, hey, this has started for real now? Accuations and stuff? I thought it was all role-picking in order, and I figured I'd get notified or something when it's my turn. Do I pick a role I want? Full disclosure: I haven't read anything and am posting blind right now.
4 hours later in your second post you seems to know less about the draft mechanics than you did at the start. You ask if you get to pick your own role, and imply thinking the role selection goes in a turn order, all of which contradicts what you understood in your first post. If the questions posed in the first post were real questions I don't know why you wouldn't have spent a little time looking for the answers yourself since they'd all be on the front page.

It seems fake to me. It seems like posturing.
I didn't know less about the draft mechanics, I knew the same amount: nothing. I kind of had it in my mind that when my turn comes around, I would catch up and be more informed about how it worked and then do the right thing... instead, I didn't do that, because I felt like maybe there was some time pressure involved, and I wanted to get my part done so the game couold proceed.

You say you don't know why I wouldn't have spent a little time looking for answers myself... but you do know why, you already partially said why. I'm hosting a game, I'm in another game, and I was following along with Mortal Kombat as well during those last few interesting days. Fire Emblem starting was like "oh damn, now I'm involved in another one? What am I doing??"

I promise you that there was nothing fake about any of it. Welcome to LC. Lower your expectations.
rundontwalk
The Mark
Posts in topic: 407

Post by rundontwalk »

How do I vote
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

rundontwalk wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:31 pm How do I vote
LIKE THIS
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

where have you been, rdw. EOD is tomorrow, but your opinions on events are more important now.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I feel bad for LC, regardless of his alignment tbh. Being held to ridiculously high standards is why I left mafia the first time around. "She didn't catch scum, she must be scum!" I'll look at you with new, average, eyes, LC. I promise.
rundontwalk
The Mark

Post by rundontwalk »

dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:33 pm where have you been, rdw. EOD is tomorrow, but your opinions on events are more important now.
Had a paper to write and a quiz (which was hard and was like 20 questions of WIFOM)
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 599
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:15 am @Kylemii - what do you make out of Epignosis so far? Do you think his exercise serves a purpose that is townie-aligned?
Idk about epignosis. He seems a little disengaged, and the fact that he chose to give away the wyvern role is a whole other basket full of wifom. I trusted his choice when he didn't give the wyvern to rundontwalk but then again it could have been an excuse to give a potential scum partner sig a killing role... which I wouldn't put past Epi at all.

I see the value in his excercise, since at the very least it makes it clearer which players would make the most popular team picks overall. I can already tell what the ideal teammates would be from my perspective, and a little from the perspectives of people I've been playing with for 10 years, but if you asked like "who is iron dwarf close friends with?" I don't know? how would I know that. In that way, I see the value.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Ricochet »

Has my legion been formed? I wish to invade Serbia.
gwilikers6
The Mark
Posts in topic: 326

Post by gwilikers6 »

*begins writing catchup posts*
colonialbob wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:38 am
gwilikers6 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:51 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:43 pm
gwilikers6 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:40 pm
Kenway wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:38 pm Oh wait, Sloonei isn't in this game, I have to pick another one up.

JJJ is the likeliest candidate but putting him and Dunya on a scum team is probably predictable, so I'll choose MacDougall instead. I don't know why but I always want to be on his good side. Also, I've been scum with him before, so there's that.
This post is so scummy you've gotta be town.
@cbob Thoughts?
If you're asking for my thoughts on cbob, I just looked through his posts and I'm pretty neutral on him. Lots of comments on setup and mechanics, which is generally something I look for in scum, but is more understandable in a game like this. I'm not sure how genuine his suspicion of Mac is coming off to me. As I've already said, I find that case to be pretty pedantic, maybe moreso from Jay than from cbob, but still, I don't think there's much to it. There are elements of OMGUS going both ways between cbob and Mac, and of the two, at this moment I'm more confident in Mac being town.
Elaborate? I made a couple comments about 3 players appearing on goodguyia but I've spent a lot less time on mechanics than several other players, why do I stand out in this regard?
You don't really to a worrying degree, it was just something I noticed because I thought that I was being asked to ISO you there.
rundontwalk
The Mark

Post by rundontwalk »

dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:32 pm
LIKE THIS
So just bold a name? I thought there was a poll?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:48 am Okay let’s play the Why is Kyle mafia game.

VOTE: KYLEMII

I’m pretty confident but I want to hear what you guys think.
Why? I'd like to hear what you think.
rundontwalk
The Mark

Post by rundontwalk »

VOTE: Marmot
[mention]Marmot[/mention]

I think there's probably one scum in each nation, by process of elimination there's a 33 percent Chance he's scum.
gwilikers6
The Mark

Post by gwilikers6 »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:52 am
Kites wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:48 am
Kenway wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:38 pm Oh wait, Sloonei isn't in this game, I have to pick another one up.

JJJ is the likeliest candidate but putting him and Dunya on a scum team is probably predictable, so I'll choose MacDougall instead. I don't know why but I always want to be on his good side. Also, I've been scum with him before, so there's that.
what do you mean by this? it was obviously an answer to epignosis’ question.

speaking of epignosis, he’s the most suspicious person imo. i don’t know if this ”who would your mafia mates be” survey is a common thing on this site but i don’t remember people doing it in rym games. it doesn’t give any useful information, cos the answer is so easy to fake it might actually help scum mislead people i dunno

i think he’s just tryna make a false impression he’s contributing sth valuable to the game

VOTE EPIGNOSIS
This is a weak argument IMO, but I still want to know why gwilkers thinks that’s scum.
Quite the opposite, actually. I think that Kenway's post is so scummy on the surface level that it couldn't possibly be written by scum. First he's probably at least the third player to mistakenly think Sloonei is playing, which is something I would expect a scum to be more vigilant about, especially other people already did the same thing. I can imagine scum feigning ignorance of who is or isn't playing if they're the first to do it, but not after it's already been done a couple times. I also think I kinda took the part about staying on Mac's good side out-of-context in my head the first time I read this, cuz it's not coming across as scummy to me as it did the first time I read it, but lol anyway. Regardless, he's a strong town read for me.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

rundontwalk wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:40 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:32 pm
LIKE THIS
So just bold a name? I thought there was a poll?
there isn't this day phase, this game the mod requires you to post ITT because vote time stamps are relevant to EOD lynch outcomes in the event of ties.
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 112
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

gwilikers6 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:48 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:52 am
Kites wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:48 am

what do you mean by this? it was obviously an answer to epignosis’ question.

speaking of epignosis, he’s the most suspicious person imo. i don’t know if this ”who would your mafia mates be” survey is a common thing on this site but i don’t remember people doing it in rym games. it doesn’t give any useful information, cos the answer is so easy to fake it might actually help scum mislead people i dunno

i think he’s just tryna make a false impression he’s contributing sth valuable to the game

VOTE EPIGNOSIS
This is a weak argument IMO, but I still want to know why gwilkers thinks that’s scum.
Quite the opposite, actually. I think that Kenway's post is so scummy on the surface level that it couldn't possibly be written by scum. First he's probably at least the third player to mistakenly think Sloonei is playing, which is something I would expect a scum to be more vigilant about, especially other people already did the same thing. I can imagine scum feigning ignorance of who is or isn't playing if they're the first to do it, but not after it's already been done a couple times. I also think I kinda took the part about staying on Mac's good side out-of-context in my head the first time I read this, cuz it's not coming across as scummy to me as it did the first time I read it, but lol anyway. Regardless, he's a strong town read for me.
Thanks, that’s what I thought.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 355
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ricochet wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:38 pm Has my legion been formed? I wish to invade Serbia.
Hello master.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Marmot wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:50 pm
Ricochet wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:38 pm Has my legion been formed? I wish to invade Serbia.
Hello master.
are you not doing the tally like you said you were? -_-
gwilikers6
The Mark

Post by gwilikers6 »

rundontwalk wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:36 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:33 pm where have you been, rdw. EOD is tomorrow, but your opinions on events are more important now.
Had a paper to write and a quiz (which was hard and was like 20 questions of WIFOM)
lmao
gwilikers6
The Mark

Post by gwilikers6 »

rundontwalk wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:47 pm VOTE: Marmot
@Marmot

I think there's probably one scum in each nation, by process of elimination there's a 33 percent Chance he's scum.
I was thinking there'd be at least one scum among the names that have been revealed to belong to nations thus far.
rundontwalk
The Mark

Post by rundontwalk »

gwilikers6 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:56 pm
rundontwalk wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:36 pm
lmao
Surely someone who tries to shoot person A and ends up shooting person B cannot be guilty of willfully shooting person B. How do you willfully shoot someone recklessly?

It would boggle the mind, gwilly. :/
rundontwalk
The Mark

Post by rundontwalk »

gwilikers6 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:58 pm
@Marmot

I was thinking there'd be at least one scum among the names that have been revealed to belong to nations thus far.
Probably. I don't understand the nation thing or how roles are related to each other. Thus Marmot must die for the sake of my knowledge.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

@Marmot

I think you don't know what's going on.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

rundontwalk
The Mark

Post by rundontwalk »

Marmot wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:01 pm
@Marmot

I think you don't know what's going on.
Yeah I don't understand the setup
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

dunya wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:51 pm
Marmot wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:50 pm
Hello master.
are you not doing the tally like you said you were? -_-
I lost the post, then had to hop on a work meeting. :blush:

But I'm going to do something even better!

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 92

Post by ColinIsCool »

I think that the nation assignments (the ones we see anyway) are all random so I don't know if that's such a good course to go down, it's not like other games where there are guaranteed x number in a certain faction.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Agreed: let's not do Gambler's Fallacy on this.
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 336
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

[1] DrWilgy - Marmot
[1] lapluie - JaggedJimmyJay
[1] rabbit8 - colonialbob
[1] TonyStarkPrime - nutella
[1] sprityo - Dragon D. Luffy
[1] Quin - dunya
[2] Epignosis - Kites, Marmot
[2] Marmot - Long Con , RunDontWalk

----

Not Voting: ColinIsCool, Dr. White, DrWilgy, Epignosis, gwilikers6, Iron_Dwarf, Kenway, Kylemii, lapluie, MacDougall, Quin, rabbit8, sig, sprityo, TonyStarkPrime

Yknow i really dont want to vote without feeling confident, but ill vote ddl out of preservation if i need to
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Long Con wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:29 pmReally only 4 hours between those two posts? Feels like it was forever. Like it was the next day or something. Huh. At that point, I didn't understand what it even meant; I had just read Jack's pregame post that said "Thread opened for role begging." Role begging? What is that even? I didn't know.
oh you're right. it was literally the next day.
I didn't know less about the draft mechanics, I knew the same amount: nothing. I kind of had it in my mind that when my turn comes around, I would catch up and be more informed about how it worked and then do the right thing... instead, I didn't do that, because I felt like maybe there was some time pressure involved, and I wanted to get my part done so the game couold proceed.

You say you don't know why I wouldn't have spent a little time looking for answers myself... but you do know why, you already partially said why. I'm hosting a game, I'm in another game, and I was following along with Mortal Kombat as well during those last few interesting days. Fire Emblem starting was like "oh damn, now I'm involved in another one? What am I doing??"
even with all that, i responded to your questions and @ mentioned you, I'm pretty sure others did too... did you leave the thread right after making the first post and not have time to come back for the entire 28 hours? You were really posting blind like you said?
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 536
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Out of all the people I've yelled at and argued with today, the one who has satisfied me the least has been Dr. White.

VOTE DR. WHITE

In most games I'd give a newcomer a one-day grace period, but unfortunately I don't think we can afford to be so kind when there are so many first-timers at once.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
rundontwalk
The Mark

Post by rundontwalk »

sprityo wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:08 pm [1] DrWilgy - Marmot
[1] Quin - dunya

----

Not Voting: ColinIsCool, Dr. White, DrWilgy, Epignosis, gwilikers6, Iron_Dwarf, Kenway, Kylemii, lapluie, MacDougall, Quin, rabbit8, sig, sprityo, TonyStarkPrime

Yknow i really dont want to vote without feeling confident, but ill vote ddl out of preservation if i need to
Why preserve yourself? A townie would accept his fate.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

[1] Quin - dunya

----

TonyStarkPrime voted for me, not Nutella.
rundontwalk
The Mark

Post by rundontwalk »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:09 pm Out of all the people I've yelled at and argued with today, the one who has satisfied me the least has been Dr. White.

VOTE DR. WHITE

In most games I'd give a newcomer a one-day grace period, but unfortunately I don't think we can afford to be so kind when there are so many first-timers at once.
Jjj with the kill the noob strategy. Admirable.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Reminder to all that the deadline is in just over 24 hours. It's earlier in the real-time day than usual, so be prepared.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

rundontwalk wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:12 pm
[1] Quin - dunya

----

I sort of get what you're saying but I think most of us are here because we want to play the game and not get kicked out as soon as it starts, no?
rundontwalk
The Mark

Post by rundontwalk »

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:17 pm
[1] Quin - dunya

----

I sort of get what you're saying but I think most of us are here because we want to play the game and not get kicked out as soon as it starts, no?
Scum value self preservation more
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

[VOTE: Epignosis] aubergine

^^ Vote tags

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Marmot wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:37 pm [VOTE: Epignosis] aubergine

^^ Vote tags
how did you do that [VOTE: Jackofhearts2005] aubergine
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

[1] Quin - dunya

----

i mean if you dont want a doctor :shrug: okay
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

[1] Dr_White - JaggedJimmyJay
[1] Quin - dunya

----

i realized i messed up the last one and had two marmots, it's okay now tho
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

rundontwalk wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:19 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:17 pm
[1] Quin - dunya

----

Scum value self preservation more
in general i agree with the sentiment but I don't agree with the conclusion at all. It's every civs duty to defend themselves up to and including self preservation votes. It's more vital for mafia cus a single mafia death is more harmful to their chances than a single town death is to town, but if every civ who gets voted takes the stance of "I should probably just die instead of voting for self preservation" then the game probably ends in a loss.

"You should be okay with dying." is a weird position to take if you're not joking.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:43 pm
Marmot wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:37 pm [VOTE: Epignosis] aubergine

^^ Vote tags
how did you do that [VOTE: Jackofhearts2005] aubergine
I have admin access, so I made it.

I tried to set it up to notify players if they are voted. Is this working?

[VOTE: Jackofhearts2005] aubergine

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I am not lynching Marmot.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

[mention]sprityo[/mention] you're the only player who got to choose their own role, what made you decide to choose cleric?
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 563
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

@Marmot

How serious is this vote?
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 563
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

[1] Quin - dunya

----

What? No. You know 100% you're town. The person you're voting out of self-preservation is somewhat less than 100% to be town. Math says vote self-preservation.

(This argument is strongest D1, because later there are legitimate reasons to potentially allow yourself to flip, but generally speaking keeping a town body alive is never a bad thing)
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

How do y'all read Quin?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Jobs”