Nutella
No votes
Colonialbob
17%
Sig
No votes
Kites
No votes
The suspense is killing me (host/dead/non)
72%

Total votes: 18
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 336
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Fire Emblem Draft Mafia [Day 3]

Post by sprityo »

I’d like to make it clear that was a joke

I voted sig yesterday out of mild suspicion and lots of gut. It was my best foot forward and I’ll maintain that stance until I feel it’s appropriate otherwise.

Or perhaps I’m given a more convincing case that actually had fabric. Not that I’d want to just hop on a wagon all willy nilly without putting in work myself.

So yeah: [VOTE: sig] aubergine
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 444

Post by MacDougall »

Long Con wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:56 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:18 am
Long Con wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:16 am Mac, I'm accusing him of lying about who he targeted. He was careless and had a story in mind, since the night post (perhaps unexpectedly) revealed that he was the killer. Due to the very nature of his power, it becomes much more unlikely that anyone messed with him. If he targeted Wilgy, then it resolves before anything like Colin bodyguarding, or someone blocking or misdirecting, or whatever.
So;

Part 1 of your case = the host revealed a Mafia member after he used his powers
Part 2 of your case = sig overlooked a detail of his role

Pass. I'd rather lynch Jay. Jay will win the game if he is a scum and I don't think that he is.
My brain says you meant to say "and I think that he is". Accurate?
Yeah I'm a piece of shit
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

sprityo wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:58 am I’d like to make it clear that was a joke

I voted sig yesterday out of mild suspicion and lots of gut. It was my best foot forward and I’ll maintain that stance until I feel it’s appropriate otherwise.

Or perhaps I’m given a more convincing case that actually had fabric. Not that I’d want to just hop on a wagon all willy nilly without putting in work myself.

God damn it everyone thinks sig is bad. Why do I feel like the only one who thinks he's a civ?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 466
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:18 am
sprityo wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:58 am I’d like to make it clear that was a joke

God damn it everyone thinks sig is bad. Why do I feel like the only one who thinks he's a civ?
You're not the only one. :bighug:
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Let's get this aubergine up and running

[1] JaggedJimmyJay - MacDougall (but doesn't count)
[2] Iron_Dwarf - rundontwalk, colonialbob
[3] sig - Kenway, Long Con, sprityo

No vote: Dragon D. Luffy, DrWilgy, Epignosis, gwilikers6, Iron_Dwarf, JaggedJimmyJay, Kites, Kylemii, lapluie, Marmot, nutella, Quin, sig
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
lapluie
Moon Child
Posts in topic: 108

Post by lapluie »

hmm nah, why sig? I missed a large chunk but my gut feeling is nutella...from what I've read to back & forth with this one
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

why? and don't just say I'm "opportunistic" I've heard that one about 62973 times
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
lapluie
Moon Child
Posts in topic: 108

Post by lapluie »

idk girl you tried to kill me for being inactive.. :pout:
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 599
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

the thing is..... what reason would mafia sig have for lying?

is the theory that sig is a mafia member who sent out a wyvern hit on Colin, but then when he realized that the night post would implicate him, claimed he meant to target wilgy instead?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 722

Post by dunya »

nutella wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:32 am why? and don't just say I'm "opportunistic" I've heard that one about 62973 times
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 181

Post by Quin »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:43 pm
lapluie wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:32 pm OK WHAT 2 people are dead.??
colin was killed by a critical hit, which means he was targeted by a myrmidon, or... something else? sniper? but it mentions stabbing...

Dragon D. Luffy Quin

did either of you have reason to suspect colin?

though the flavor text also mentions the wyvernrider??

it also seems like ddl and colin were fighting alongside each other, i really don't get the implications there. maybe targeting shenanigans? why was he stabbed twice?
No, I thought he was town.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:00 pm @nutella @Quin @MacDougall @colonialbob @Iron_Dwarf

did any of you move or remove my target last night?
Nope.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Re: Fire Emblem Draft Mafia [Day 2]

Post by Quin »

nutella wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:57 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:55 am
nutella wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:54 am Jay, Jack's night post was at x:52, but I'm not entirely sure if he's using that
I'm trusting the poll title. Just before midnight.
Well he never put a fucking time in the poll and that's fucking vague so I'm going by the time of the night post
No reason for you to get upset over this. Who are you trying to protect?
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 722

Post by dunya »

[mention]ColinIsCool[/mention], so glad you played with us and can't wait for you to play again! <3
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Kenway wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:03 pm I am willing to die to prove my theory. I have nothing left to live for, anyway.
Did you do something?
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:36 am the thing is..... what reason would mafia sig have for lying?

is the theory that sig is a mafia member who sent out a wyvern hit on Colin, but then when he realized that the night post would implicate him, claimed he meant to target wilgy instead?
hi yes this is good thank you kyle for this good post

the host post implicates him regardless of what he said. why lie?
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Re: Fire Emblem Draft Mafia [Night 2]

Post by Quin »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:39 pm Dear Quin,

I commented on lapluie already, that MK had a substantially lower rate of posts than this one, and that she had civilian BTSC in MK, which, in my experience, encourages activity.

I understand that lazy cases can be right. When I say lazy, I mean that there was little thought put into the accusation. For example, this game will eclipse Mortal Kombat's post count by Day 3. It shouldn't take much to consider that keeping up with 424 posts per phase is easier than keeping up with 1,160 posts per phase.

So when I say 3J is being "lazy," I mean it looks like he's putting a lot of effort into suspecting people, but so many of his points can be dismissed with easy counterarguments. And he's gunning for what I consider to be lynches hardly anybody is going to argue against. I find that problematic.
I understand, but if her low activity isn't suspicious, there's still something in disappearing off the face of the earth that's inherently noteworthy. She did say that she wasn't here because of moving and getting internet set up, so I no longer think it's a worthwhile argument to be made, but that's in hindsight. I don't blame anyone for making the point. Earlier I said that lapluie is using her struggle to get involved in the game as a crutch. What do you think about that?

I'll ask again too, do you think 3J is neglecting to make thoughtful arguments?
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 599
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

there's some uncontrollable variables at play of course, but chances are whoever [mention]sprityo[/mention] targeted last night was a civ.

Unless iron dwarf targeted me night one... or sprityo was misdirected, blocked or targeted a player who Epignosis also chose to protect night 2, in which case.... nevermind.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:17 am there's some uncontrollable variables at play of course, but chances are whoever @sprityo targeted last night was a civ.

Unless iron dwarf targeted me night one... or sprityo was misdirected, blocked or targeted a player who Epignosis also chose to protect night 2, in which case.... nevermind.
Sorry please elaborate.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 662
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

How is Sig not misdirectable when pegasus knights exist?
Kites
The Mark
Posts in topic: 214

Post by Kites »

It would be stupid of sig to lie cos the post clearly says colin was killed by wyvern so he was obviously misdirected, who knows it might have been me

I targeted sig last night, giving him a +15% chance to kill the target, so he had a 90% chance to succeed. Anyways there’s a passive effect on my powers that will cause the person I targeted to be misdirected. But the only way that could have happened is if Colin was my long lost brother and Wilgy targeted him with a harmful action, but the chances it really happened are small. I believe others other players have effects on their actions under certain conditions, like kylemii apparently does so I wouldn’t lynch sig based on this thing
Kites
The Mark

Post by Kites »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:43 pm Kenway
Dragon D. Luffy
DrWilgy
nutella
sig
gwilikers6

Iron_Dwarf
Kylemii
sprityo

lapluie
colonialbob
Marmot

Quin
Epignosis
Long Con

JaggedJimmyJay
rundontwalk
Kites
could you tell me why my name is on the bottom

anyways mac i’m deeply touched, that you are lynching jjj and asking rdw to be killed before going after me
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

[VOTE: JaggedJimmyJay] aubergine
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:36 am How is Sig not misdirectable when pegasus knights exist?
I'm stupid. The pegasi didn't misdirect today.

Still don't think this is enough to indict Sig tho. But I suppose it's enough to nullify the effect of the fact nobody would pick Sig and bring him back to the neutral pile.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 241

Post by sig »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:15 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:36 am How is Sig not misdirectable when pegasus knights exist?

Still don't think this is enough to indict Sig tho. But I suppose it's enough to nullify the effect of the fact nobody would pick Sig and bring him back to the neutral pile.
But apparently i was picked. And i think ppl woild seeing how I've got like a super dangerous kill power;)

This is a witch hunt with no good reasoning and a class old school try to lynch sig for stupid shit which is what scum lc does.

Alsp sprits vote is just plain dumb he "joke" voted me yesterday but today now it's real sure.

This is a mafia attempt to save a teammate just like yesterday's wagon on lap.
ImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 563
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Here's the other thing about mafia sig: why Colin? Afaik nobody really suspected him, and Mac and I also have roleblock capabilities. Feel like a kill of me, iron dwarf, lapluie, or quin would've been much easier to justify.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Re: Fire Emblem Draft Mafia [Day 2]

Post by colonialbob »

lapluie wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:05 am
MacDougall wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:12 am
nutella wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:11 am
sig wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:09 am Who pushed this lap cfd
Mostly jay but I fully supported it as well. I think cbob and white are likely civ and I think lap is likely mafia. :shrug:
If you think lap is mafia why did the rest of us only have 10 minutes under duress to make a call on it?
Right..? This is what I don't understand, nutella would do anything for an easy lynch to save herself, got fresher fish to fry & as I've been absent they'd take full advantage of that.
Wait what, nutella wasn't in danger...
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Re: Fire Emblem Draft Mafia [Night 2]

Post by colonialbob »

sig wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:52 pm Lap isn't a high poster, however after playing a few games with her I'm reading her as civ. I also really dislike the cfd onto her. I think it was an attempt to save bob who should be lynched post haste tomorrow.
Why not just vig me then?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

So yesterday I sent a misdirect on Iron Dwarf then changed it to Bob later. But apparently Jack didn't process my change to Bob so I hit ID. Also the ability failed, most likely because of sword vs spear.

Stay tuned for more updates.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

sig wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:38 am

But apparently i was picked. And i think ppl woild seeing how I've got like a super dangerous kill power;)

This is a witch hunt with no good reasoning and a class old school try to lynch sig for stupid shit which is what scum lc does.

Alsp sprits vote is just plain dumb he "joke" voted me yesterday but today now it's real sure.

I'd rather avoid using the word "teammate" until we get a baddie flip imo.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

This is a bad argument, nobody is being 'saved' this early in the phase.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 292

Post by speedchuck »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:43 pm Kenway
Dragon D. Luffy
DrWilgy
nutella
sig
gwilikers6

Iron_Dwarf
Kylemii
sprityo

lapluie
colonialbob
Marmot

Quin
Epignosis
Long Con

JaggedJimmyJay
rundontwalk
Kites
MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:44 pm speedchuck
That's my technique, darn it. Also what?
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

speedchuck
JaggedJimmyJay
sig
rundontwalk
Kenway
nutella

Dragon D. Luffy
Long Con
Kylemii
Kites

DrWilgy
Epignosis
gwilikers6
colonialbob

Marmot
Iron_Dwarf
sprityo

lapluie
MacDougall
Quin

Urgh, I keep cycling the bottom 6 of this list in random order. More confident in the top of the list.

I don't have a whole lot of time today, thus the readlist, but I can elaborate on a few of these.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Iron_Dwarf
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 180

Post by Iron_Dwarf »

lapluie wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:14 pm Can someone explain to me the eggplant. .why are voting with an eggplant?
I didn't dare to ask this myself. :faint:
Iron_Dwarf
Stool Pigeon

Post by Iron_Dwarf »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:00 pm @nutella @Quin @MacDougall @colonialbob @Iron_Dwarf

did any of you move or remove my target last night?
No.
Iron_Dwarf
Stool Pigeon

Post by Iron_Dwarf »

Those long lists are great to see where a player is standing and all, but how is this different from 'salad' posts?
Iron_Dwarf
Stool Pigeon

Post by Iron_Dwarf »

[VOTE: rundontwalk] aubergine
Iron_Dwarf
Stool Pigeon

Post by Iron_Dwarf »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:06 am So yesterday I sent a misdirect on Iron Dwarf then changed it to Bob later. But apparently Jack didn't process my change to Bob so I hit ID. Also the ability failed, most likely because of sword vs spear.

So my ability was misdirected?
Iron_Dwarf
Stool Pigeon

Post by Iron_Dwarf »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:17 am there's some uncontrollable variables at play of course, but chances are whoever @sprityo targeted last night was a civ.

I have never targeted you.
Iron_Dwarf
Stool Pigeon

Post by Iron_Dwarf »

nutella wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:32 am why? and don't just say I'm "opportunistic" I've heard that one about 62973 times
Well that's because you are. :P
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Iron_Dwarf wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:30 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:06 am So yesterday I sent a misdirect on Iron Dwarf then changed it to Bob later. But apparently Jack didn't process my change to Bob so I hit ID. Also the ability failed, most likely because of sword vs spear.

So my ability was misdirected?
Also the ability failed, most likely because of sword vs spear.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 172
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Iron_Dwarf wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:15 am
lapluie wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:14 pm Can someone explain to me the eggplant. .why are voting with an eggplant?
I didn't dare to ask this myself. :faint:
What a missed opportunity... Epignosis would have Civ-cleared you. :rolleyes:
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Funny story; I missed yesterday’s night actions submition :^)
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

I did not joke vote you yesterday, in where did I say such a thing?
Banners:
ImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Iron_Dwarf wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:25 am Those long lists are great to see where a player is standing and all, but how is this different from 'salad' posts?
They aren't very different.

'Salad' posts just throw out a bunch of unsubstantiated targets, mixing some popular ones with unique ones to sound like the player is looking in a specific direction. Rainbow lists can be used to do the same thing. Differences are:

Rainbow lists are more concrete. They limit options, which is sorta the opposite of what player salad does. Because all of the townreads are listed in there as well.

Rainbow lists invite discussion of all players, not just a select few.

Rainbow lists can be used for POE. Player salad cannot.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
gwilikers6
The Mark
Posts in topic: 326

Post by gwilikers6 »

This was my exact result btw: “**f*** *m ** - s*g”

I was drunk last night and working now so I haven’t put the slightest effort into decoding it. Have at it.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 536
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

gwilikers6 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:50 am This was my exact result btw: “**f*** *m ** - s*g”

I was drunk last night and working now so I haven’t put the slightest effort into decoding it. Have at it.
Soften 'em up. It corroborates I think Kites (?) who said they boosted sig's kill chance. I obviously didn't do that, so you were misdirected or something.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Kites
The Mark

Post by Kites »

yes that’s my night action lol
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 172
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

What does it mean?
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 536
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

It's an archer role ability.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”