Nutella
No votes
Colonialbob
17%
Sig
No votes
Kites
No votes
The suspense is killing me (host/dead/non)
72%

Total votes: 18
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 662
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Fire Emblem Draft Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Ok my problem with this game is that I have a surplus of civ reads and basically zero confident bad reads.

Jay, Dunya, Colin, RDW and Marmot are all strong civ in my book.

The rest is a huge list of neutral people, included everyone I've voted for so far.

Yeah maybe I'm being a pussy.

I kind of get the appeal of the Nutella lynch but I'm seeing a big, glowing sign with the words DEJAVU in it so I don't feel confortable about lynching her. I think Nutella is one of these people who are just naturally scummy. It's a fact of life, Nutella is always bad until she flips good, or until she is cleared by abilities like in Mountain. I'd rather take my time with her.

But I need to vote, and I don't feel confortable with voting sprityo after he gave me a good reason for his weird vote, so I will [VOTE: Kenway] aubergine

Why? Because he is blending like a boss that's why. His post count is just high enough not to get labelled inactive but he hasn't said anything remarkable all day. Hasn't gotten in any big arguments. His vote on TSP is very low key and doesn't bring big cases.

Wouldn't be the first or the tenth time I see a civ playing like that. But wouldn't be the 50th time I see a baddie playing like that. I feel satisfied with this vote.
Kenway
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 122

Post by Kenway »

dunya wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:14 am
Kenway wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:12 am
dunya wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:18 am
Kenway wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:22 am Reading from my role, I become a she if I become a Mage Knight?

Anyway, can't wait to get my secret powers. I bet I'll be able to zap people with impunity.
Do you mean you can't wait to be promoted? I don't think you're getting a secret role if you didn't get one with your backstory already.
Yep, can't wait to get promoted to being a Mage Knight, though I'm not sure how that'll take place or if I'll even have a choice about the role I get promoted to.
you have to survive 5 phases so promotion starts Day 6. You have to vote every day phase and send your night actions in within 12 hours of night starting, I believe (not sure on time, something like that though, I'd have to check JOH's posts) to level up each day/night. After 5 days and 5 nights, you are eligible for promotion and you can choose it.
Sorry for not reading, and thanks! I've picked up very bad habits playing Mafia on mobile, worst of them probably me scrolling a bit too much. Also doesn't help I played on MafiaScum, that place was pretty bad. Thanks again! :)

By the way, with all the powers in play, I kinda have a feeling this game might be quite short.
Kenway
Stool Pigeon

Post by Kenway »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:20 am Ok my problem with this game is that I have a surplus of civ reads and basically zero confident bad reads.

The rest is a huge list of neutral people, included everyone I've voted for so far.

I kind of get the appeal of the Nutella lynch but I'm seeing a big, glowing sign with the words DEJAVU in it so I don't feel confortable about lynching her. I think Nutella is one of these people who are just naturally scummy. It's a fact of life, Nutella is always bad until she flips good, or until she is cleared by abilities like in Mountain. I'd rather take my time with her.

But I need to vote, and I don't feel confortable with voting sprityo after he gave me a good reason for his weird vote, so I will [VOTE: Kenway] aubergine

Why? Because he is blending like a boss that's why. His post count is just high enough not to get labelled inactive but he hasn't said anything remarkable all day. Hasn't gotten in any big arguments. His vote on TSP is very low key and doesn't bring big cases.

Wouldn't be the first or the tenth time I see a civ playing like that. But wouldn't be the 50th time I see a baddie playing like that. I feel satisfied with this vote.
Nothing bad with your assessment. Why not the other players who have barely posted, like that Lapieu person? I honestly am struggling to recall a post from Lapieu.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 444

Post by MacDougall »

dunya wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:19 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:13 am
dunya wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:10 am those metas are really old tbf, but yours is still on the money, only there are players who have outshone you in rudeness here so I feel like you're actually super nice now.
I'm also a 31 year old 9 to 5er who manages 10 twentsomethings and have 2 kids. As opposed to a 24 year old wino living in a sharehouse with no job and no sheets on my bed. Lol.
:haha: really happy to know you, Joe! :beer:
Likewise.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

As for the Epi thing, it is basically divided in two issues.

- The "name your hypothetical scummates" exercise, which, as I have pointed out, is interesting enough for me not to want Epi to die before the other 23 players in the game.

- And the lynch manipulator issue, which can be explained by two possibilities. One, Epi is lying, and if so I want to see why. Probably linked to the exercise. Second, he is telling the truth, and if so, we are powerless to stop him. So I'll just ignore it, wait to see what he is cooking, and keep playing the game as if this wasn't a factor.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 722

Post by dunya »

Kenway wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:20 am
Kenway wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:22 am Reading from my role, I become a she if I become a Mage Knight?

Anyway, can't wait to get my secret powers. I bet I'll be able to zap people with impunity.
Do you mean you can't wait to be promoted? I don't think you're getting a secret role if you didn't get one with your backstory already.
Yep, can't wait to get promoted to being a Mage Knight, though I'm not sure how that'll take place or if I'll even have a choice about the role I get promoted to.
you have to survive 5 phases so promotion starts Day 6. You have to vote every day phase and send your night actions in within 12 hours of night starting, I believe (not sure on time, something like that though, I'd have to check JOH's posts) to level up each day/night. After 5 days and 5 nights, you are eligible for promotion and you can choose it.
Sorry for not reading, and thanks! I've picked up very bad habits playing Mafia on mobile, worst of them probably me scrolling a bit too much. Also doesn't help I played on MafiaScum, that place was pretty bad. Thanks again! :)

By the way, with all the powers in play, I kinda have a feeling this game might be quite short.
it's ok, I only read them when I was trying to figure out this setup. Here's Jackofheart's exact post:

"3) All players start at level 1 unless otherwise specified. All players that are voting at the end of the day gain a level. All players who submit their night action in the first 12 hours of the night gain a level. At level 10, you will promote to a new class, gaining new powers."

also, I agree. It's going to be chaotic.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Kenway wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:22 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:20 am Ok my problem with this game is that I have a surplus of civ reads and basically zero confident bad reads.

Nothing bad with your assessment. Why not the other players who have barely posted, like that Lapieu person? I honestly am struggling to recall a post from Lapieu.
Lapluie is inactive.

You are blending.

That is the difference.

Heck the fact you replied at the speed at light when I called you out is :eye: as fuck. Were you lurking all morning?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

MafiaScum is horrible ain't it. I played a few games there after starting on RYM and they were freaking ruthless to me. Everything I said was met with ferocious rebuttal. Their meta is so ingrained they can't see any other way to approach the game. And the belittlement! Yikes. I played on Something Awful a bit too and it was as bad. I did and do still prefer hammer voting though.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Heck the fact you replied at the speed at light when I called you out is :eye: as fuck. Were you lurking all morning?
Okay ignore this last point. I see you were posting right before I voted for you.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:24 am Heck the fact you replied at the speed at light when I called you out is :eye: as fuck. Were you lurking all morning?
reaching as hell. He was already involved in a conversation with me when you posted your vote.
Kenway
Stool Pigeon

Post by Kenway »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:24 am

Lapluie is inactive.

You are blending.

That is the difference.

Well I coincidentally have just went online. See my reply to dunya, you weren't the first person I replied to in this hour. And if I had that much time, I would've read everything already.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:25 am

MafiaScum is horrible ain't it. I played a few games there after starting on RYM and they were freaking ruthless to me. Everything I said was met with ferocious rebuttal. Their meta is so ingrained they can't see any other way to approach the game. And the belittlement! Yikes. I played on Something Awful a bit too and it was as bad. I did and do still prefer hammer voting though.
I got a similar feel from the one time I played in MU myself.

Communities with ingrained metas suck.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

HAMMER TIME

I miss those games too. I'm pretty sure in the grand scheme of things, a hammer game is anti-town, but I like the speed and it makes last minute complete vote changes and mislynches harder to construct (which is something that exists on the syndicate).
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Sorry folks, but you got ninja'd. :ninja:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:23 am As for the Epi thing, it is basically divided in two issues.

- The "name your hypothetical scummates" exercise, which, as I have pointed out, is interesting enough for me not to want Epi to die before the other 23 players in the game.

- And the lynch manipulator issue, which can be explained by two possibilities. One, Epi is lying, and if so I want to see why. Probably linked to the exercise. Second, he is telling the truth, and if so, we are powerless to stop him. So I'll just ignore it, wait to see what he is cooking, and keep playing the game as if this wasn't a factor.
The first one is a reasonable way to provoke chat in the early game and is a civ look to me. The latter was Epi on the tinfoil troll trying to eek a slip up out of Mr. and Mrs. Mafia which is admirable AND on his civ meta of late.

The thing that is bugging me is his refusal to provide a read or analysis on nutella. Even that is likely part of some provocation play. I have him as a form civ read. Frustrating but he has been the most useful player so far. Many players have been engaged by his actions that were not prior to his behaviours.
Kenway
Stool Pigeon

Post by Kenway »

Yeah, that place was really horrible, I went through the similar things you've went through, and after I left there I never even entertained the idea of ever coming back. I was gonna try Something Awful but I guess from your post I was lucky it was blocked on my end, heh.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:29 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:23 am As for the Epi thing, it is basically divided in two issues.

The first one is a reasonable way to provoke chat in the early game and is a civ look to me. The latter was Epi on the tinfoil troll trying to eek a slip up out of Mr. and Mrs. Mafia which is admirable AND on his civ meta of late.

The thing that is bugging me is his refusal to provide a read or analysis on nutella. Even that is likely part of some provocation play. I have him as a form civ read. Frustrating but he has been the most useful player so far. Many players have been engaged by his actions that were not prior to his behaviours.
Wouldn't be the 20th time I've seen Epi refuse to do a perfectly reasonable thing.

He's stubborn like that.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:24 am Lapluie is inactive.

You are blending.

That is the difference.
What about Kites?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:28 am

I got a similar feel from the one time I played in MU myself.

Communities with ingrained metas suck.
It's what makes TS great. Constantly cycling new players who are experienced elsewhere to keep the game fresh. The admins and team do a great job at marketing the forum. It's a real eclectic mix.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

dunya wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:31 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:24 am Lapluie is inactive.

You are blending.

That is the difference.
What about Kites?
I'm feeling bad about him too, but Kites at least has the "I'm so confused about this game" thing that can be used to describe him as an individual.

Kenway is just... there.
Kenway
Stool Pigeon

Post by Kenway »

And now, I guess, I'll mildly surprise everyone in this thread.

Syndicate...drumroll please...

I was Serge.

(Someone yawns at the back..."Who?")
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Kenway wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:30 am Yeah, that place was really horrible, I went through the similar things you've went through, and after I left there I never even entertained the idea of ever coming back. I was gonna try Something Awful but I guess from your post I was lucky it was blocked on my end, heh.
I hope you'll occasionally entertain the idea to play on here with some of us again. A more slow-paced game (they're not all this crazy when I'm not playing).
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Kenway wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:32 am And now, I guess, I'll mildly surprise everyone in this thread.

I was Serge.

Not you are not.

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/member ... file&u=457

Serge is Serge.

Are you telling me that you have discovered cloning?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Kenway wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:32 am And now, I guess, I'll mildly surprise everyone in this thread.

I was Serge.

Tell me more about the relevance of this. What should your character tell me about your alignment?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

dunya wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:28 am

HAMMER TIME

I miss those games too. I'm pretty sure in the grand scheme of things, a hammer game is anti-town, but I like the speed and it makes last minute complete vote changes and mislynches harder to construct (which is something that exists on the syndicate).
I literally introduced hammering to RYM mafia because I managed to win a game as scum by doing a switcheroo on a last minute lylo vote. It felt unethical. I don't think hammering is more anti town at all.
Kites
The Mark
Posts in topic: 214

Post by Kites »

dunya wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:12 am
nutella wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:25 am rundontwalk
JaggedJimmyJay
dunya

MacDougall
sprityo
gwilikers6
Kylemii
colonialbob

Epignosis
Dragon D. Luffy
Marmot

Dr. White
ColinIsCool
Long Con
TonyStarkPrime

rabbit8
Iron_Dwarf

Kenway
Kites
Quin

lapluie
DrWilgy
For someone who put Epi/Colin in the civ/civ pile, Colin sure is thrown down under Epi for strategic reasons, isn't he? Easier to lynch for you?

Tell me more about kites and what you think of kites. Is this your first ever mention of him, to put him so low on your rainbow. Explain.

Why do you think lap and Wilgy are more likely to be scum than anyone else?
yes [mention]nutella[/mention] pls roast me would you, im playing p much the worst game of my mafia career but no one really cares
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:36 am
dunya wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:28 am HAMMER TIME

I literally introduced hammering to RYM mafia because I managed to win a game as scum by doing a switcheroo on a last minute lylo vote. It felt unethical. I don't think hammering is more anti town at all.
You just provided a perfect example of why hammering can be harmful to town.
Kenway
Stool Pigeon

Post by Kenway »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:35 am

I was Serge.

Not you are not.

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/member ... file&u=457

Serge is Serge.

Are you telling me that you have discovered cloning?
If it was cloning then I'd name myself Kenway here too :P

Well, I have a meta here. Revel at my ineptness!

[mention]dunya[/mention] it's just so folks here from Syndicate will have a meta on me, I've been scum with [mention]Epignosis[/mention] before, but I think they've all forgotten about me. I'm giving them my meta so that they can compare it on a context they're familiar with, which is me playing with them right here.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Lapluie isn't a prolific poster most of the time and she was pretty deep in Buffy when this one started too. She also didn't post towards the end in that. I'd look elsewhere as her inactivity is NAI.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

dunya wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:39 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:36 am
dunya wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:28 am HAMMER TIME

You just provided a perfect example of why hammering can be harmful to town.
I did that in a timed game.
Kenway
Stool Pigeon

Post by Kenway »

Also sorry, I left in a huff in my last game, my bad. Don't worry, won't happen these time. I've grown calmer.
Kenway
Stool Pigeon

Post by Kenway »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:41 am

Lapluie isn't a prolific poster most of the time and she was pretty deep in Buffy when this one started too. She also didn't post towards the end in that. I'd look elsewhere as her inactivity is NAI.
Oh, thanks, she and colonialbob are the only people I don't recognize in this game.
Kites
The Mark

Post by Kites »

anyone got a tally I have no idea what’s the vote situation right now
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

derp, I thought you were character claiming in the thread. I had no idea you were claiming to be [mention]Serge[/mention]. I understand now. Did you kill me in SF? Man, that was harsh.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Kites wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:46 am anyone got a tally I have no idea what’s the vote situation right now
Nutella - 243893458943595
Rest - 1
Kenway
Stool Pigeon

Post by Kenway »

dunya wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:46 am derp, I thought you were character claiming in the thread. I had no idea you were claiming to be @Serge. I understand now. Did you kill me in SF? Man, that was harsh.
I did? Really? Whoa, I don't recall doing that. Let me read that game again... The only thing I recall is that I subbed in that game, maybe the person I replaced did that?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Just had a look at Quin's ISO. He was super active and talkative during the draft and has gone way into his shell. He has appeared in the thread occasionally to toss random questions at random players and has refused to offer a single scum read. He doesn't have a scum read because he isn't looking. He is blendy as fuck. If you kids are looking for leads look no further. Go analyse his ISO and see for yourself.
Kenway
Stool Pigeon

Post by Kenway »

[mention]dunya[/mention] now I recall I replaced [mention]JaggedJimmyJay[/mention] on that game. He did the bad thing, not me. Another notch against Jay? ;)
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Fire Emblem Draft Mafia [Day 0]

Post by MacDougall »

sig wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:36 pm Well the Dons an asshole, not recruiting me my wins as mafia is like 66.6%.

How much do we wanna meta the shit out of this recruitment thing?
Sig is a civ. I stopped reading here.
Kenway
Stool Pigeon

Post by Kenway »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:51 am Just had a look at Quin's ISO. He was super active and talkative during the draft and has gone way into his shell. He has appeared in the thread occasionally to toss random questions at random players and has refused to offer a single scum read. He doesn't have a scum read because he isn't looking. He is blendy as fuck. If you kids are looking for leads look no further. Go analyse his ISO and see for yourself.
Totally forgot Quin is in this game. Why not Quin? [mention]Dragon D. Luffy[/mention]
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Don't ask his permission. Go read his posts.
Kites
The Mark

Post by Kites »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:51 am Just had a look at Quin's ISO. He was super active and talkative during the draft and has gone way into his shell. He has appeared in the thread occasionally to toss random questions at random players and has refused to offer a single scum read. He doesn't have a scum read because he isn't looking. He is blendy as fuck. If you kids are looking for leads look no further. Go analyse his ISO and see for yourself.
who is this guy lol
joking aside yeah his contributions are non existent
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

AUBERGINE

[1] ColinIsCool - Epignosis
[4] nutella - MacDougall, gwilikers6, rundontwalk, dunya, ColinIsCool
[1] Dr. White - JaggedJimmyJay
[3] Epignosis - Marmot, Kites, Iron_Dwarf
[1] Marmot - Long Con
[1] rabbit8 - sig
[1] Kylemii - TonyStarkPrime
[1] lapluie - colonialbob
[1] TonyStarkPrime - Kenway
[1] Kenway - Dragon D. Luffy

No vote: Dr. White, DrWilgy, Kylemii, lapluie, nutella, Quin, rabbit8, sprityo
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

AUBERGINE

[1] ColinIsCool - Epignosis
[5] nutella - MacDougall, gwilikers6, rundontwalk, dunya, ColinIsCool
[1] Dr. White - JaggedJimmyJay
[3] Epignosis - Marmot, Kites, Iron_Dwarf
[1] Marmot - Long Con
[1] rabbit8 - sig
[1] Kylemii - TonyStarkPrime
[1] lapluie - colonialbob
[1] TonyStarkPrime - Kenway
[1] Kenway - Dragon D. Luffy

No vote: Dr. White, DrWilgy, Kylemii, lapluie, nutella, Quin, rabbit8, sprityo
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Fire Emblem Draft Mafia [Day 0]

Post by MacDougall »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:36 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:34 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:31 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:30 pm :sigh:

C'mon guys don't mislynch me on the first day because I am posting with patchy reception from a phone.
Your phone has nothing to do with your suspicion of colonialbob.
*bon
I’m curious. Why?
TSP is scum y'all. If you need me to explain why those three words are bad go and read How to Play Mafia by Jay Wimsatt Jr. It's on Amazon.

So nutella, quin, TSP.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Yeah Quin is blending too.

Hmm
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

don't steal my original ideas and take credit for them, ok? Where were you when I was calling Quin out? Everyone ignored it.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Kites wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:57 am
who is this guy lol
I was on a freakin beach getting a tan and managed to piss off more people.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

dunya wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:00 am
don't steal my original ideas and take credit for them, ok? Where were you when I was calling Quin out? Everyone ignored it.
Probably asleep.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:01 am
Kites wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:57 am
who is this guy lol
I was on a freakin beach getting a tan and managed to piss off more people.
To be fair Quin has pissed off more people than Kenway so far.

Yes, Dunya, I have noticed you suspecting Quin.

But the thing nobody else wants attracts me more. Yes, I'm a hispter.

Return to “Previous Jobs”