Jay the nunchuck king (host/nons)
45%

Total votes: 11
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 667

Re: Pikachu Tribe - Night 4

Post by DharmaHelper »

@SVS I just hate how easy this all seemed to be. Dom find a slip that to any passerby would look like a hypothetical tribe name. LC's busted-ass explanation, then LC vanishes from the face of the thread completely. The whole thing is fucked.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 195

Post by Dom »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:10 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:57 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:25 pm I'm going to play devil's (LC's) advocate for a moment here.

Does his role seem too powerful to you?
I mean I've been saying since he flipped the role looks civ to me but apparently I'm alone in that regard. Seems like the role, if he knew who to target as his vote, would be too easily exploitable. Whereas a civ would have to do a lot more work for the role to have utility. But what do I know.
If I were scum, I would utilize the role by either voting for all-civ or all-town. This would end up in a net change of 3-4 votes during crucial lynches. That's freaking huge.

Assuming this game has like 22 players, with one of the scum people being worth 3-4 scum people, and around 5-6-ish anti-town total...

That moves MYLO up like 2 days. It's freaking ridiculous.

Example:

2 scum people (Y, Z) versus five townspeople (A-E). Z has -4 votes due to easy voting for town.
Poll:
People voting for Y: Z, A, B, C, D, E
People voting for E: Y

That's a tied vote. THAT'S A TIED VOTE, WITH ZERO TOWNIES VOTING FOR SCUM, AND IT NOT EVEN BEING MYLO.
If he somehow managed to vote for scum every day, then they could control this vote even further. It's ridiculous.

So.

Option 1: We have a scum role with 1.5-2 days worth of vote sway, which is completely controllable and pretty easy to hide. It's slow growth to D4, but as long as it lives, it is guaranteed to sway lynches heavily at that point. If any lynch is close, scum have control, and worse, they can have control FROM THE GOOD SIDE OF THE LYNCH. Negative vote power.

Option 2: We have a difficult to use town role, unreliable, but nuanced (typical of role madness games). Using the lynches as tests, a townie could use the role as DDL has, to determine the alignment of people he voted for. Also, if he figures out what his vote count is at, he can sway lynches one way or another.

Yeah, the role would be more useful for mafia. Too useful.
It's also only this powerful if there is only one bad team.

If there's two... well... that's a different game.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 288

Post by S~V~S »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:52 pm
S~V~S wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:45 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:37 pm Who wants to bet with me that Dom and Epi are bad.
Maybe Chuck?
I'd bet against that RN.

Why are we freaking you out, SVS? I still don't have an explanation for LC's stuff. But his role worries me, and I want to hear what you think of it.
I think Golden likes to do things that people don't expect, and tries to defy expectation. I also think that Golden is NOT an easy host to play for in that he has a very high set of standards and expectations. Golden does not give people "easy roles" and he doesn't give them anything they can't handle. There may be something that seems awesome, but there is something else to balance it out.

I thought a role he gave me in a game of his that I played was too difficult, and I pushed against him, but in the end I did it his way, and it was not easy. And I did not win that game, but it was one of the best games I ever played, because I played the role to it's potential. There were secrets in my role that were secret from ME.

I don't think Golden faces a thread full of champions and sees the potential.

I am not sure if this is the answer you want, but it is what I think about all this "well, that can't be a baddie role, too powerful" business. I can't wait to see the role sheet for this game, I bet it's glorious.

linki @ DH~

I know what you are saying, but everyone makes mistakes. And maybe Dom knew becasue he is bad on the other team, but I think LC was taken by surprise. I don't think Dom and he are teammates. I think he made a mistake :shrug: Everyone can make mistakes. I have seen baddies post in the thread instead of their chatroom TWICE. You never know.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

ebwop* I DO think Golden faces a thread full of champions and sees the potential.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:49 pm
S~V~S wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:48 pm You two are beginning to freak me out a bit, lol. I see Chuck lurking in the tray, too. See you after the NP :)
That's what you think
YOu even underlined where I wrote about seeing you after the night post. How could you not know what you meant? :puppy: :scared: :puppy: :scared: :puppy: :scared:

I will NEVER join your carnival! Give up now! :haha:
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 320

Post by speedchuck »

Dom wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:34 pm It's also only this powerful if there is only one bad team.

:dark:

I love games with two scumteams, when I'm scum. It means I can genuinely hunt and look for slips and stuff.

But anyway, you seem weirdly obsessive about the multi-scumteam theory. I like it. I want to lynch you and find out. After Long Con, anyway.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:45 pm
Dom wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:34 pm It's also only this powerful if there is only one bad team.

I love games with two scumteams, when I'm scum. It means I can genuinely hunt and look for slips and stuff.

But anyway, you seem weirdly obsessive about the multi-scumteam theory. I like it. I want to lynch you and find out. After Long Con, anyway.
Did you see the giant theory it took me an hour to write at 4:30 AM today about how I think there are two baddie teams, and why?

It's pretty good, if I say so myself :D
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:46 pm

Did you see the giant theory it took me an hour to write at 4:30 AM today about how I think there are two baddie teams, and why?

I saw it. Good stuff.

But I think Dom introduced the idea first, way back when? I'd have to go back. I'm lazy.

If anything, your complex reasons are better than "but what if 2 scumteams." I don't suspect you RN.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Not that I suspect Dom BECAUSE he thinks there might be two scumteams. It simply ALLOWS me to suspect him. And that's all I need.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:48 pm

I saw it. Good stuff.

But I think Dom introduced the idea first, way back when? I'd have to go back. I'm lazy.

If anything, your complex reasons are better than "but what if 2 scumteams." I don't suspect you RN.
I think someone introduced it on Day One. I don't recall any time when it was not on the table. I know I mentioned it when Epi first wanted to talk about who killed Niju and possibly before that. And two teams was the norm where we all came from, so it is not an abnormal thing to expect.

I guess I am just somewhat resistant to the united SpeedHelper (DharmaChuck? DharmaSpeed?) Initiative, possible due to my Evil Carnival phobia. Or possibly becasue it is just freaking me out. Not sure why. But after last nights post, I knew resistance to a second LC lynch would be coming, and it would be coming from you two.

I can't imagine DH ever acting like this as a baddie, so my Evil Carnival joke is just a joke. Mostly. It doesn't make you bad, but it does make me tense.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 77

Post by Golden »

The lynching of Long Con was barely over when the snow began to fall. Gently at first, but it built stronger, and it wasn't long before a full on blizzard was occurring. No-one could see anyone else, and it was all they could do to huddle in whatever sheltered spot they could find. No-one could explain such an event in Fiji... and they were in Fiji.... weren't they??

No-one has died. It is now day 5, which will last for 48 hours.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Delicious.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 431

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:24 pm Fuck what I should have said was "The hosts and I were spitballing what role to give LC and that's what we landed on"
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Uh oh what happened to our guy Cecil

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Re: Pikachu Tribe - Day 5

Post by DharmaHelper »

Whoever keeps taking names off the poll is being a real jerk butt keeping my name up there

ImageImage
ImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 223
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Oh man the day came a lot quicker than I thought

:doh: I’ve been skimming the posts in between my day, I’ve been super busy recently y’all I apologize
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 171

Post by Quin »

DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:56 pm Whoever keeps taking names off the poll is being a real jerk butt keeping my name up there
we're all up there today bud
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Quin wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:00 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:56 pm Whoever keeps taking names off the poll is being a real jerk butt keeping my name up there
we're all up there today bud
I was about to say- yeah
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 171

Post by Quin »

Curious that we didn't get a message from Cecil and nobody is off the poll today, actually. Let's see if anyone is haiku'd.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Mass roleblock?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

And no kill.

Mass role block makes the most sense.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

sprityo wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:59 pm Oh man the day came a lot quicker than I thought

:doh: I’ve been skimming the posts in between my day, I’ve been super busy recently y’all I apologize
Although this implies a lazy reporter. :meany:
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:15 pm
sprityo wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:59 pm Oh man the day came a lot quicker than I thought

Although this implies a lazy reporter. :meany:
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

....weirdly obsessive....

aka I don't assume shit.
speedchuck wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:49 pm Not that I suspect Dom BECAUSE he thinks there might be two scumteams. It simply ALLOWS me to suspect him. And that's all I need.
That sums you up well.

Anything that allows you to suspect me must be good.

I saw it. Good stuff.

Holy fuck this is bullshit.

You literally suspected me at first because I was absent and now I was active enough to have suggested two scum teams?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

[VOTE: Long Con] aubergine
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

I don’t think a mass roleblocked was the case

I think Cecil is still alive
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

sprityo wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:16 pm I don’t think a mass roleblocked was the case

I think Cecil is still alive
Cecil being lazy doesn't preclude a mass role block.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Dom wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:15 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:49 pm Not that I suspect Dom BECAUSE he thinks there might be two scumteams. It simply ALLOWS me to suspect him. And that's all I need.
That sums you up well.

Anything that allows you to suspect me must be good.
That was my emphasis too, dude. I am owning that.

I saw it. Good stuff.

Holy fuck this is bullshit.

You literally suspected me at first because I was absent and now I was active enough to have suggested two scum teams?
:srsnod: You seem to have a good grasp of things.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I'm going to drop an Aubergine on LC for now. If he shows up to lead his own defense, we should listen to him and give him a chance.

I do not want to set a precedent for lynching people for speculating on game mechanics, like the number of kills or teams. I can't read Dom for shit, but I would not want to lynch anyone over this kind of a reason.

For instance, I looked it up and I was the first person (as I thought) to bring up the concept of multiple teams. So not sure how discussing mechanics makes someone bad. It feel straw clutchy to me, like trying to find a reason to suspect someone. But I mentioned multiple teams as a possibility on Day 1. So if that makes one bad, come at me bro(s).

S~V~S wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:18 pm
Chuck, I was playing as a civ when I wagoned you, and I was so sure you were bad, so it wasn't a scumwagon. It was a bad read complicated by your partner giving his all for you when I was convinced he was bad due to mu kill deflecting off him and onto Marmot. This is an important distinction; I would not want you thinking I led a scumwagon on you when I didn't.

I would rather lynch Sprit than you, but this game is gonna be hard when we really learn not much from lynches for quite a while I would guess. We don't even know how many bad teams there are, so we likely won't learn much from NK's either. We know he can die, and tbh, I personally think he is bad. That whole knowing who started the RR, then pretending he didn't and I don't buy that he forgot. Although having someone who can't die as the lynch leader will tell us what "immunity" means.

That said, Chucky, this and your subsequent posts look more like I expect than the guy who made an opportunistic vote. And I still HATE your reaction to the RR.

But if Chuck and DH want to argue that Dom is LC's bad teammate, let's establish LC as bad for certain first. Doing otherwise would be putting the cart before the horse, would it not?

*VOTES Long Con*
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I'm gonna let LC come and defend himself before I cast my vote.

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I can change it if he is convincing. I plan on being around.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

^that
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Yall do what yall want I'm just saying I'm gonna wait.

ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

S~V~S wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:20 am But if Chuck and DH want to argue that Dom is LC's bad teammate, let's establish LC as bad for certain first. Doing otherwise would be putting the cart before the horse, would it not?
Fake news. I don't think this.

If there is only one scumteam, Dom is cleared IMO.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Question for the field:

Does anyone think LC realized he goofed before Dom pointed it out?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Question for the field:

LC specifically named juliets as the person who got lynched Day 1 on the other tribe. Do you believe there is anything to be gleaned from that?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:37 am Question for the field:

LC specifically named juliets as the person who got lynched Day 1 on the other tribe. Do you believe there is anything to be gleaned from that?
Juliets is a host?
Epignosis wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:28 am Question for the field:

Does anyone think LC realized he goofed before Dom pointed it out?
I wondered about that too, but I don't think he did. Becasue when I screwed up about Sloonei being here, he replied, imo, as if he were trying to clear himself for actually knowing the other tribes name. In other words, playing to Sloonei. He could have pulled off the "I dunno, it was just an example" and finessed his way out of it when the tribes merged if he was not concerned with that. I think he would have had a better story if he realized it in advance and would have KNOWN I was mistaken about Sloonei.

But no way of knowing, really.
speedchuck wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:21 am
S~V~S wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:20 am But if Chuck and DH want to argue that Dom is LC's bad teammate, let's establish LC as bad for certain first. Doing otherwise would be putting the cart before the horse, would it not?
Fake news. I don't think this.

If there is only one scumteam, Dom is cleared IMO.
OK, sorry for misrepresenting what you had said previously. I seemed to recall that, but maybe I conflated LC, you and DH. I will reread the time between when Dom pointed out LC's remark and the end of the lynch.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'm a donkey.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

That made me laugh. I needed that today.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

If LC is bad I'm certain we should lynch Golden next. LC confessed that Golden was his BTSC mate.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

That's not true. juliets and I had a lovely chat over coffee last Thursday and we agreed that you would be LC's teammate. :coffee:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:57 am That's not true. juliets and I had a lovely chat over coffee last Thursday and we agreed that you would be LC's teammate. :coffee:
:feb:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 187
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I don't think for a second that any of you are planning on having an open mind about this. I'm sorry, but it's the truth. We (and MP07) were chatting about some not-specifically-Champions-game forum stuff and juliets came up with 'Pikachu' as a Tribe name, and said it to Golden and we came up with the other one. It's ridiculous for you to call that "revealing game secrets" when every single player finds out about the Tribe system the moment the game starts.

I just can't be bothered to waste my time talking about it; I came back last time and I was already tried and convicted because I didn't lie about how I knew the name. I don't even know why I'm posting this.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:22 am I'm gonna let LC come and defend himself before I cast my vote.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Long Con wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:20 am I don't think for a second that any of you are planning on having an open mind about this. I'm sorry, but it's the truth. We (and MP07) were chatting about some not-specifically-Champions-game forum stuff and juliets came up with 'Pikachu' as a Tribe name, and said it to Golden and we came up with the other one. It's ridiculous for you to call that "revealing game secrets" when every single player finds out about the Tribe system the moment the game starts.

I just can't be bothered to waste my time talking about it; I came back last time and I was already tried and convicted because I didn't lie about how I knew the name. I don't even know why I'm posting this.
If that is the truth I feel bad for you. Not bad enough not to vote for you unless you come with the fire and bring a new suspect, but still bad. :sigh:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Where did this conversation take place?
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 187
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:45 am Where did this conversation take place?
Facebook Messenger chat
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I feel like I'm being fucked with

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 120
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Long Con wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:06 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:45 am Where did this conversation take place?
Facebook Messenger chat
you were in a fb group chat with mp, juliets, and golden. k.

like.... for mod stuff? any other mods in it? :S

[VOTE: long con] aubergine
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”