Game Over! Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Moderator: Community Team

How did Das Porcu do co-hosting his first game?

Stupendous!
80%
Horrific!
No votes
Who is Das Porcu?
No votes
Fucking fabulous!!/Hosts
20%

Total votes: 15
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 153
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Re: Day 1 Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Post by Mongoose »

Canucklehead wrote:
Mongoose wrote:We've discussed Made and Enrique super thoroughly. It's good we are getting into some others now - MP, SVS, Llama, BWT etc. Me too if you want. Matt's been chattier than this game and I always like that. Need to catch up on the last few hours though before I say a) who is suspicious today and b) who I'd like to hear more from (to make sure they didn't post in the intervening hours).

I'm reading Rob like a straight up civ (but that's what he wants us to think!). No, but seriously.

MM - That's how I feel as well. PS I feel good about you.
Still catching up (AGAIN, you chatty fuckers), but just wanted to very gently suggest that we maybe not use people's RL names when discussing the game, even if they happen to be our very bestiest bffs in the whole world ever, because those of us who are new to the forum have no idea who the duck you're talking about and this thread is hard enough to keep up with as it is.....

Pretty please?? :hugs: :coffee3: :OMG: :lorab:
Good point.

For retroactive reading, for new TS members: Rob = Epignosis; Logan = Llama; Alex = MovingPictures07; Matt = A Person

Let me know if there are others and we'll make sure to accommodate that.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 264

Post by Bullzeye »

Enrique wrote:Also lol wait are you serious are you implying Made was in our chat?
This actually made me laugh. I think we'd have noticed! :P
S~V~S wrote:
reywaS wrote:
Enrique wrote:Those memories are kinda vital here, AP, that's the deal :p Buuut then, llama's memories are just whatever will get Made lynched. Next thing you know, Made confessed to being a baddie in the Nudgers BTSC.

So yeah llama's looking pretty bad right now. Feel a bit more confident saying that now. I think he's bad and I'll probably vote for him.
The problem I am having with this is why would llama go out of his way to sabotage Made's game? Especially so early in the game and when he could very easily be called out on it?
Yup.
This point actually makes me think both Llama and Made are civ. For now.
Epignosis wrote:
S~V~S wrote:And Epi, it is what it is. I try not to let non participants ruin my fun :)
Ah, they never ruin my fun. But they can sure ruin a win.
Good job it's the taking part that counts! :P
Enrique wrote:Every llama move is coldly calculated, Mongoose, you should know that by now. It was his strategy to change his vote to MP for silly reasons then back to Made for sillier reasons. Do not question it.
He actually does stuff like this. All the time. See the 'Llama gambit' in Thomas the Tank Engine.
reywaS wrote:
S~V~S wrote: juliets Seems a bit bewildered, did not love being called out to verify Mades chat stuff
I was ping-a-linged by juliets for that. Seems like she was/is trying to go out of her way to play a low key game and being called out like that really effed up her plan....like she could be a baddie not wanting to be noticed yet.
Interesting way of looking at it. Is there more to it though? I can definitely see your point but I will look into it myself to see if there is anything to support it. More on that in a minute actually. Possibly more than a minute. It depends how long you (the reader) take to get to the end of this post. I don't know how long it will be yet.
Made wrote: I'm starting to come to the realization that responding to all arguements/points that anyone makes towards you is a very easy way to avoid suspision.

Noted for when i actually am mafia :P (read on Movingpicture incoming)
Or sometimes in my experience it can make things worse even if you are a civ. There isn't really a surefire way to avoid suspicion 100% of the time, people will latch onto you for the dumbest things and never let them go no matter what sometimes.
A Person wrote:23 pages already
not an awful way to make sure the civs are lost when it comes to rereading the thread later
Nor is it a terrible method of making people find it very hard to keep up in the present!
DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:
Dana wrote:And don't forget about DP!
I'm being remembered! :blush:
Umm... Who are you again? :P
bea wrote:
Dana wrote:
Mongoose wrote: linki - Dana - We are an accepting bunch - don't be intimidated :)
Everyone here has been so nice! :) It's just intimidating because many people have masters and grad school and PhD super-smarts. It's a bit scary in a game like mafia where a whole lot of it or probably most of it is mind games and thinking things through.
I do not have grad school, masters phds or super-smarts. I barely made it through my undergrad and I'm pretty sure I forgot most of that. It's all good Dana - everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of education level. :srsnod:
I just got a dual honours degree and am about to start a Masters... I wouldn't consider myself smart, I'm just good at research and stuff. Not that that shows off very well in Mafia for some reason! :P
S~V~S wrote:I just reread, and lost a giant reply by cutting and pasting over my cut and paste (Curse you lack of a multiquote feature *shakes fist*)

I am inclined to do as BWT advises, and let the dust settle around Llama & Made and see what happens. I am totally not seeing sinister llama at all, and won't be voting for him. I did and do suspect Made, he got my eye with the No Lynch thing, then the suspecting someone for challenge related reasons. But I am inclined to buy what Rico is selling, if not Made, for now. But if it comes down to Made or someone I trust more, like myself, or Llama being lynched, I will vote for him.
The no lynch thing kinda pinged me too at first but I can kinda see why he might have suggested it. First, I assume it's a common thing in his rl mafia (which I've always wanted to play but my friends aren't cool enough to play it with me) and after seeing two civs lynched back to back in his first two days of mafia here he probably thought 'wow these people suck at killing baddies' and wanted to get more time for discussion. If someone like you or Epig or DH were to suggest such a thing I'd vote you in an instant but someone new to the community might get a pass for thinking about it. As I said earlier in this post, I don't currently think Made is bad but I can totally see that opinion changing at least 12 times during the course of this game based on experience.
@Llama, I read the "throw under the bus" thing as mainly unfamiliarity with an idiom, rather than as a statement about BWT's affiliation.

@Made, I think I read BWT fairly well. He is blendy, visibly opportunistic in voting, and somewhat detached when he is bad. Not really seeing that, but it is only day one, believe it or not.
I think you can throw a non-teammate under the bus. Look at what Epi did to me in The Hobbit, then later claimed he'd been trying to draw out the real SK. We had no affiliation except for the fact I intended to win with the civs but I think throwing under the bus would be a reasonable way to describe what happened there. I agree with your summary of BWT's game too.

I've really struggled with my readthrough, trying to keep up with everything that has been going on while I've been sleeping (seriously don't you guys know it's rude to talk while people are trying to keep up with their beauty sleep? :P ) so what I will do today is to look individually at those players who are up for lynch today. Then during the night when things hopefully are calmer I will go through everyone else.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Does anyone that made a list yesterday feel any differently about his/her list after sleeping on it? (Not at all saying you should, just curious as that often happens to me).
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 139

Post by Canucklehead »

Made wrote:Current theory...

If myself and llama are civvie, mafia wouldn't care/ would let the arguements play out. Would it be fair to say that those with the lighest opinin (this is not to be confused with those who post the least and especially not those who saw the arguement as a waste of time) are those who we should consider next?

Thoughts?

woah..... linki possibly relevant....
Wow! That's a really smart thought! It's almost as if I heard it before from someone really awesome and stupendously beautiful named Canucklehead.....how odd!

(......still catching up)
:noble:
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

I have arrived at Page 16, the "Insult shit other people like because you're way cooler and smarter than them" page. :|

It's not a good page.

For the record, I like both Marxism and the Beatles. :noble:

I was feeling grumpy about this page UNTIL......
thellama73 wrote:
Dana wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Dana wrote: Llama, is there anything you'd like to know?
What is your opinion on moustaches?
? Moustaches aren't too bad. Yours is super cool though. Did you make it yourself?
Yes, it grows out of my face.
This is the greatest moustache-related exchange I have read this year, nay, this century. My thanks to both parties involved. :srsnod:
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 43

Post by reywaS »

Mongoose wrote:Does anyone that made a list yesterday feel any differently about his/her list after sleeping on it? (Not at all saying you should, just curious as that often happens to me).
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

thellama73 wrote:
Dana wrote:But for real though grad school sounds so scary and difficult.
It's really not either of those things.
This is not remotely my experience. :|
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 43

Post by reywaS »

20 million killed in communist U.S.S.R.
65 million killed in Mao's Communist China.

What's not to love about communism???
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 243
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

In response to reywas, I am always low-key early in a game because I generally have no idea what's going on. I'm not trying to not draw attention, I just didn't relish getting in the middle of a he said/he said. I've already said what I saw so feel no need to repeat it, but something I will add is I will also vote to save llama if I have to. I know the essence of what he said was true even if I can't remember him asking the question, so I don't feel he is making up things. And why would he, as someone else brought up.

My problem right now is I'm not sure who I'm voting today.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Me neither, Juliets. I see drawbacks about both of our main cases.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

reywaS wrote:20 million killed in communist U.S.S.R.

Good thing I said Marxism, then....
:srsnod:

But we are so, so not getting drawn into that conversation here. Or anywhere.
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

All caught up now!
That was exhausting and horrible.

I'm thinking that there is a non-zero chance that I'm going to forget/neglect to vote tonight, so I'm going to go ahead and jump on the MP bandwagon that I possibly started. I laid out my reasons for suspecting him earlier, and the marathon read-through hasn't done anything to lessen those suspicions, while the similar opinions of a few others makes me feel more confident in what were previously pretty moderate suspicions.

:shrug:

If I get a chance to come back, I might be open to changing my vote to address any new developments....but for now I feel pretty OK with voting MP.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 340

Post by thellama73 »

Canucklehead wrote:

You're lucky I stayed up late last night and don't have the energy this morning. :)
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

thellama73 wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:

You're lucky I stayed up late last night and don't have the energy this morning. :)
phew! I really dodged a bullet there! Lucky me. :dance:
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 91

Post by Hedgeowl »

:huh: it's only 10am here and 3 more pages already. I was reading in bed last night almost caught up! :shakesfist:

So here's a bedtime story for all you kids who need to go to sleep:

I won't be around much the next few days, as I am packing today to go visit Llama's family this weekend and meet his new niece. Squeee! :lorab:

I am not going to vote Llama or Made most likely. I am more likely to vote Juliets, MP, or SVS at this time.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Hedgeowl wrote:
I won't be around much the next few days, as I am packing today to go visit Llama's family this weekend and meet his new niece. Squeee! :lorab:
Jealous!

Do you read that book to your son?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

As per usual, rereading my last few posts I realize they come off WAAAAY snarkier than intended (I was going for self-deprecating, but I can see how they might easily be read as super bitching).

So apologies. No snark intended. :)
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

Lulz. "Super bitching" should read "super bitchy".

Though if you interpreted my posts as super bitching, than obviously you orally get me and I dig it. Keep on reading me that way, kindred spirit :noble:
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

OMFG "totally get me" not "orally get me"

Holy fuck I'm done. I can't type.

:haha:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 375

Post by S~V~S »

Hedgeowl wrote::huh: it's only 10am here and 3 more pages already. I was reading in bed last night almost caught up! :shakesfist:

So here's a bedtime story for all you kids who need to go to sleep:

I am not going to vote Llama or Made most likely. I am more likely to vote Juliets, MP, or SVS at this time.
Why?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Canucklehead wrote:OMFG "totally get me" not "orally get me"

Holy fuck I'm done. I can't type.

:haha:
Favorite typo ever.

I approve as this is the inadvertently sexual typo I'm prone to making.

Hope Lizzy can cruise in here after work and catch up.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Hedgeowl, what do you see about me that could lead you to vote me?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Boogs »

Im on my lunch and i don't quite understand everything going for MP right now and this thread is still way too much for me to read and analyze. Im going to need to vote so hopefully whatever you guys said about MP makes sense but I'm still feeling EEnrique being paranoid and too overly defensive is ringing baddie to me for some reason. Im willing to let Made not get my vote today and see what happens next between the Llama\made thing.
Votes Monsters Inc Enrique
Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Boogs »

Wow i didnt even realize he isnt on the poll. Im half eating guys i appologize. That being said i have to go with Made as my second choice.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

juliets wrote:Hedgeowl, what do you see about me that could lead you to vote me?
I asked this too. I hope she gets back to us.

Where are you looking, JC? If you already said sorry if I missed it.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 69

Post by Epignosis »

Dana wrote:Everyone here has been so nice! :)
I am Skeletor, and I am not nice!
Long Con wrote:There's a 5-year-old player on this site??
Not anymore. :feb:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 247
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:
Dana wrote:Everyone here has been so nice! :)
I am Skeletor, and I am not nice!
Long Con wrote:There's a 5-year-old player on this site??
Not anymore. :feb:
He was asked to leave I believe. He thought that we actually night-killed people, and took mafia to a whole new level. Poor Elochin, her memory will live on, though I am disappointed that I could never try one of her cakes.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I'm also not understanding the juliets votes, did I miss something?

I has a new sig :D

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

mm - there was speculation by someone (I really can't remember who - I neeeeeeeedddddd coooffffeeeeeeeeeeee - that her reluctance to jump into the middle of the Made/llama thing was indicitive of baddie behavior. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

I'm more troubled by her vote list and then not being around. I'd like to hear her opinions as to why she's considering those ones for a vote.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Her vote lust= Hedgeowl?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Effing autocorrect, *list
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:Her vote lust= Hedgeowl?
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

bea wrote:mm - there was speculation by someone (I really can't remember who - I neeeeeeeedddddd coooffffeeeeeeeeeeee - that her reluctance to jump into the middle of the Made/llama thing was indicitive of baddie behavior. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

I'm more troubled by her vote list and then not being around. I'd like to hear her opinions as to why she's considering those ones for a vote.
Funnily enough it was MP, here I believe. Is this the thing you're talking about.

I did a reread of juliets early Day 1 posts. It does look very much like deflecting attention. I can't tell how sincere it is. But she does not seem to recall events that transpired in the chatroom. Was is ignorance or legitimate? I'm still trying to decipher.

I still don't think my vote will change though, at least not to juliets. I know I got a little emotional with Logan earlier, but I've reread him twice, and his posts look that of a sincere llama. Not only that, but I can't discount Made's reactions from early Day 1. They are not clean at all, even if he's looked a lot better of late. If Made flips bad, then a vote for juliets would be warranted.

Linki: she said she was voting Hedgeowl? and lol :haha:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Thank you MetalMarsh. You are a gentlemanly newt.

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:Thank you MetalMarsh. You are a gentlemanly newt.
I am a marmot that's been turned into a newt.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

No I was confuzzled by Bea's post. Whose list is she talking about? Juliets or Hedge? I don't recall Juliets having a list.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Any speculation on vote manipulation? Is that a common factor in a Roxy game?

cue baddie talk for game mechanics speculation.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Oh, I also placed my vote on Made.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

ok - sorry - it was hedgy that had the list I was all like "what?" about -ok - I'm not sure at all why JC voted for hedgy -

thank god the coffee's finally done brewing.

I guess we are doing the willy wonka tour early so that someone (not me) can get a nap later this afternoon since kittens and road work destroyed all hope of sleeping today.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

So these are the opinions I have found about the people who are currently on the poll.

MP - I feel like MP started out by saying a lot without saying very much at all. He has a lot of posts with a lot of words in them but doesn't do much with them. Other than SVS he hasn't really came out strongly against anyone. He seemed like he might lean toward Made early on but was never convinced and now seems to have gone away from it entirely, which is fine. Also in my opinion he got quite defensive over Epi's suspicion of him.

SVS - I never know what to think of her in general. She has seemed very focused in her pursuit/suspicion of Made and I think her responses to MP's accusations against her have been quite reasonable. I definitely don't see this 'fabricated suspicion' that MP claims is there, I think she has genuine and understandable reasons to distrust Made. I also think that even baddies usually have genuine suspicions. Furthermore, others are suspicious of him for similar reasons but MP only seems to suggest that SVS' suspicion is the dishonest one. Having read the exchanges between these two I would have to say if one of them is definitely bad and the other civ I'd lean towards trusting SVS. That's not to say I'll vote MP today though but I do have an eye on him so far.

Daisy - It's great to see someone with just three posts after going through SVS and MP's! Only one of her posts is really on topic but I know she's usually very busy so that means little or nothing to me. Her read of MP could be particularly damning for him.

BWT - Just after the challenge ended he said there'd been no serious game-related discussion yet, so maybe he ought to be careful what he wishes for!! Seriously though I do share his dismay at having to keep reading a novel's worth of text every time I log in. He is another who is suspicious of MP and shares my view that MP has said a lot without saying much. I also agree with him that we should back off from the Llama/Made fling for now. He seems pretty genuine and in my experience he's more blendy as a baddie so I'm leaning civ on BWT for now.

Juliets - I'm not feeling great about JC. In my opinion she seems to be trying to fly under the radar, not coming out against anyone. Most of her posts say that she isn't suspicious of Made or Llama but she doesn't seem to make much, if any, effort to say who she is suspicious of. The only hint at who might get her vote today is that she says she will vote to save Llama if necessary. My gut says she's not trustworthy and trying to be blendy.

Llama - I was enjoying not having too many posts to comb through :( He comes off here much like his usual civvie self in my opinion.

Lizzy - Has been missing since Tuesday! Maybe we need to form a search party. Her seven posts are pretty standard Lizzy material. That said, none are on topic or serious in nature but since she disappeared during day zero that's sort of to be expected. I'd like to hear more from her because I know she can be a tricky and dangerous baddie.

LC - I think his point about 'you would know' as a common phrase was good and agree with his view on Made. I'd like to hear more from him though. There isn't enough for me to get much of a feel for where he stands this game. It looks like he might be suspicious of SVS but other than that I'm not sure.

MR - Hasn't posted in a while. The last thing he said was he was joining the 'want to hear more from Made/Rey group' which, as Rey pointed out, he's the founding member of. So I'm not sure what he meant by that. Now that his game is over he might have more time for us so hopefully he makes it in today and can share some of his thoughts.

Canuck - I feel... okay about Canuck. I trusted her for a while in Misfits and was wrong to but here I think she looks quite genuine and I like her point that the baddies could be 'using this insane Made-centric firestorm to stay out of the way and out of memory'. With so much discussion centred around so few people I think it'd be very easy for someone to fly under the radar. She's another I'd like to hear more suspicion from but I feel reasonably good about her.

Dana - Trusted her in Misfits too and I was right for a change. Here she has said a fair bit but, like MP, hasn't really said much. I'm not sure how I feel about her yet.

Made - I doubt I'll vote Made at this point. I think everything that has happened with him here is basically the same as in Misfits, he's just one of those players I guess. I don't necessarily think he's a civ just yet, but I'm not calling him suspicious either.

So overall I guess this is where I stand on the players who are actually on today's poll:

Feel good about: SVS, Llama, BWT, Canuck

Unsure: Daisy, Lizzy, LC, MR, Dana, Made

Feel bad about: MP, JC.

I will look over the winning team either later today or during the night phase and report back.

More linki than you can shake a stick at - I will go through it after posting this and see if any of it makes me want to say anything in response.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

bea wrote:mm - there was speculation by someone (I really can't remember who - I neeeeeeeedddddd coooffffeeeeeeeeeeee - that her reluctance to jump into the middle of the Made/llama thing was indicitive of baddie behavior. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

What are you talking about - I dont have a list. Nor have I voted. Nor have i decided who to vote. Or did I misinterpret and this is not about me.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Boogs wrote:Im on my lunch and i don't quite understand everything going for MP right now and this thread is still way too much for me to read and analyze. Im going to need to vote so hopefully whatever you guys said about MP makes sense but I'm still feeling EEnrique being paranoid and too overly defensive is ringing baddie to me for some reason. Im willing to let Made not get my vote today and see what happens next between the Llama\made thing.
Votes Monsters Inc Enrique
Something about this post just gives me not-good-feelings about you Boogs. Maybe it's the blendy-seeming MP comments or maybe it's the not realising Enrique isn't on the poll. I dunno. I also hadn't felt like Enrique is coming off particularly paranoid or over-defensive.
In my view she seems reluctant to jump into the middle of anything. That's what gives me bad feelings about her.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

juliets wrote:

What are you talking about - I dont have a list. Nor have I voted. Nor have i decided who to vote. Or did I misinterpret and this is not about me.[/quote

yea- no coffee. :( it was hedgy I was thinking of that had the list. Sorry JC.

Dunno wtf made me mix that up btw. it's not like it was a goosey/hedgy thing or your avatars are similar or what. My bainz just no worky yet.
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 75

Post by Mister Rearranger »

My only experience in the challenge room was that juliets was very helpful and willing to collaborate on ideas about the challenge. I'ma have to use posts for the rest of my context since I wasn't there for long.

Lnki: I agree with your assessment of MP, Bullz.

I'd like to reread what the Made voters have said as well as the MP voters and go from there.

Linki: I disagree on Enrique though. He's closer to the less trusting side of the "unsure" zone right now...
We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't.

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Bullzeye wrote:So these are the opinions I have found about the people who are currently on the poll.

Juliets - I'm not feeling great about JC. In my opinion she seems to be trying to fly under the radar, not coming out against anyone. Most of her posts say that she isn't suspicious of Made or Llama but she doesn't seem to make much, if any, effort to say who she is suspicious of. The only hint at who might get her vote today is that she says she will vote to save Llama if necessary. My gut says she's not trustworthy and trying to be blendy.

Feel bad about: MP, JC.
I'm often this way at the beginning of games - not sure who to vote for, not sure what to commit to, just generally feeling like I don't know a lot. I've not come out against anyone because I don't feel comfortable that I've got anything on anyone. I have however said that at least part of what llama said, the essence of what he said, is what I saw. I would say that is pretty definitive and definitely not blendy. I will not vote for llama and I will not vote for made. Over the last day I've been convinced that they are both civs which is I think a conclusion a lot of people have come to. If I have to I'll random with llama and made out of the equation. Otherwise I'm not sure what I'm going to do. Am I the only one in the whole game who is unsure at this point?

Also, I am getting ready to leave town tomorrow and cannot afford to be on this site all day. I will check-in when I can and answer any questions I can at those times.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

no jc - you're not the only one unsure - I've not quite made up my mind either. I'm leaning toward MP though.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Bullzeye wrote:
In my view she seems reluctant to jump into the middle of anything. That's what gives me bad feelings about her.
What would you like me to jump in the middle of? I dont understand your comment. Has everyone but me jumped in the middle of something? I'm smack in the middle of the made llama thing, isnt that enough?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

also - CANDY!!!!!! CANDY!!!!!! OMG I GET TO GO TO THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY AND EAT CANDY LIKE RIGHT NOW!!!! YAY!!!!!!! :lorab: :lorab: :lorab: :dance: :dance: :dance:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 92
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Holy crap, there's no way I can catch up. I have been up since before dawn studying literature for my Empirical Accounting and Economics Research Seminar class and have so much more to go, not to mention my other classes, and then I am busy in classes from 2:30 to 7:30 central time.

And it seems I have votes. I have not read any more since my last post but I frankly don't understand why people are finding me suspicious, but it's disappointing. It might be best for me anyway though considering RL circumstances, but that doesn't change the disappointment or the fact that my accusers are either mistaken civvies or taking advantage of my playstyle to get a civvie lynched.

I don't know if I'm going to need to save myself and I find it almost impossible I'll be here any earlier than three hours before the poll closes, so I'm voting S~V~S because that's where I want to vote. I don't really think Made is bad, but I'll probably pop in really quickly later to see if I need to save myself, even though I probably can't even if I wanted to.

Votes S~V~S
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

juliets wrote: I'm often this way at the beginning of games - not sure who to vote for, not sure what to commit to, just generally feeling like I don't know a lot. I've not come out against anyone because I don't feel comfortable that I've got anything on anyone. I have however said that at least part of what llama said, the essence of what he said, is what I saw. I would say that is pretty definitive and definitely not blendy. I will not vote for llama and I will not vote for made. Over the last day I've been convinced that they are both civs which is I think a conclusion a lot of people have come to. If I have to I'll random with llama and made out of the equation. Otherwise I'm not sure what I'm going to do. Am I the only one in the whole game who is unsure at this point?
Of course you're not the only unsure person and nor am I saying you are. The feeling I get from your posts is that you've only really spoken about the Llama/Made thing without ever seeming to take one side or another. It looks to me like you've been trying to put yourself out there as someone who is joining conversations but at the same time you seem to be just going with the flow and not questioning much. Even here you say you might randomize on a day where a lot has happened.

With regard to your other post, my jump in the middle comment was just a rephrasing of Bea's comment about why people are talking about you. It was essentially repeating the points I've already made.

Return to “Previous Jobs”