Total votes: 15
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 646
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day 12

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

One random thing I noticed while looking back at nutella's posts is that she pushed for a Zebra lynch when she was getting heat on Day 2. Given Zebra's goofball behavior, she was a very easy target and I think that's a nice look for rabbit8 now.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Polo wrote:If OA is Cylon with Wilgy, then G-Man is going to flip Doral tonight. It's logical.
Please explain this logic to me. Quickly.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 173

Post by DrWilgy »

Safty vote... though, I probably don't deserve it.

vibes are vibes, I can't explain gut feelings. Her patterns were weird, that was all.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrWilgy wrote:Safty vote... though, I probably don't deserve it.

vibes are vibes, I can't explain gut feelings. Her patterns were weird, that was all.
What I don't understand is why you're telling me about these baddie vibes you have now of a player who has already been lynched and flipped bad. I wanted to know how you felt her content should reflect on you. I already know S~V~S was bad, so that does me no good.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Polo
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 458

Post by Polo »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Polo wrote:If OA is Cylon with Wilgy, then G-Man is going to flip Doral tonight. It's logical.
ObscureAllure said this about Wilgy: "he's NOT Caprica Six.". I think she may be in fact Caprica Six.

Wilgy is a confirmed Colon and must be Leoben Conoy because he has been behaving like a Civ or, at the very least, Indie, since shit got serious here.

G-Man has been showing S~V~S-ish behaviour (bussing teammates when necessary) and he looks like he's been playing this game with caution, much like a sniper. I do think he's Colon and on the Cavil-aligned faction and I'm not afraid of lynching him tonight.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Polo wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
ObscureAllure said this about Wilgy: "he's NOT Caprica Six.". I think she may be in fact Caprica Six.

Wilgy is a confirmed Colon and must be Leoben Conoy because he has been behaving like a Civ or, at the very least, Indie, since shit got serious here.

G-Man has been showing S~V~S-ish behaviour (bussing teammates when necessary) and he looks like he's been playing this game with caution, much like a sniper. I do think he's Colon and on the Cavil-aligned faction and I'm not afraid of lynching him tonight.
It sounds like you care about lore. Do you care about lore?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 455

Post by Matt »

I'm gonna vote

John Cavil

Cuz why not?
Image Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Safty vote... though, I probably don't deserve it.

What I don't understand is why you're telling me about these baddie vibes you have now of a player who has already been lynched and flipped bad. I wanted to know how you felt her content should reflect on you. I already know S~V~S was bad, so that does me no good.
Hmm... I'm not sure, I can't read my interactions with me from someone else's angle. All I gotta say that if your conclusion is that I'm bad, you are incorrect, I'm just not as special as everyone else, that's all.

Linki - Cuz why?
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Polo wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

It sounds like you care about lore. Do you care about lore?
A bit. I wouldn't bet all of my money on it, though.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Cuz I think he can be lynched.

Drum and 3J can partner on you and put you and Gman in a tie or they can partner up with me and try to put Cavil to rest or they can do whatever really.
Image Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Wilgy and G-Man:

You both have five minutes to give me your top five suspects.

Your answers will determine which one of you I murder. I have the power. :dark:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy and G-Man:

Do you have the power to murder Cavil? :grin:
Image Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Matt wrote:

Do you have the power to murder Cavil? :grin:
Maybe. I'll wait that one out just a little longer.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 238

Post by G-Man »

All I have are three suspects:

-DrumBeats
-DrWilgy
-SokothQultuq

Everyone else is civ unless OA has gone rogue now that her BTSC partner is dead.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 186

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Night 11

Post by DrumBeats »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I demand GTH reads immediately from everyone on Matt.

I'm not sharing mine until I have yours. Life isn't fair.
Civ. His conspiracy theories are all over the place but have been mostly consistent all game. Only inconsistency I have noted is that he has been very lore-heavy with these theories such as the F5, yet has heavily entertained the Epi is mafia theory, which seems very inconsistent with the lore from what I've heard.

Currently on page 207 and catching up. Currently think Wilgy is the best lynch for the day, that Epi is civ, that 3J is civ, and that Nero/juliets are civ.
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day 10

Post by DrumBeats »

Going to make a logistical reference for myself as I get started here, probably a stating the obvious for everyone else, so I'm sorry, I just wanted it up for reference, I put it in a spoiler.
Cylons in game:
Cavil - SVS
Athena - Epi
Doral - ?
Conoy - ?
Cap 6 - ?
F5 1 - juliets
F5 2 - NeroLunar
F5 3 - ?
Wilgy is one of the first three ?s.

Likely 6-7 mafia. 3 are down, putting us at likely 3-4 in that list, 2-3 not including Cavil. I would bet on those two being Doral and Conoy and if a third is present it could be any of them tbh.
Also, responding to yesterday's president prompt, though much of it is outdated since Spacedaisy flipped scum. Also in a spoiler.
1. I personally think we should try to lynch him after we take out one or two more mafia. Now that we don't have the "I suspect" law active anymore, we can't really abuse him being cleared mafia for anything so we don't need to see what happens until we take out some more scum.

juliets - civ
Nero - civ

3. If there are any more laws you can do similar to the suspect one that we can abuse with the knowledge of Cavil's alignment I would love.
Posted that last one and forgot to post these too. Woops.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Vote: G-Man

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Additional vote: G-Man

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Looks like Gman's gettin' grilled.

Whatcha gonna flip G did I defend another one of you evil toasters again? :eek:
Image Image Image Image
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Au revoir. Good luck civs. Thanks for a fun game Golden. Sorry RL bogged me down so much.
My Banners:
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Cavil, Sokoth, Sig, Drum, Matt

linki - Sorry G-Man, sorry that a non special guy like me didn't get the votes. Your sacrifice won't be in vain!
Image Image Image
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Anyone figure out what my shenanigans were this game? Might as well have something to kill time before the post gets here.
My Banners:
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

G-Man wrote:Anyone figure out what my shenanigans were this game? Might as well have something to kill time before the post gets here.
I don't get it are you bad or no? :blush:
Image Image Image Image
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DrumBeats »

Wait shit this was EoD? I just saw the poll close my bad, I thought we still were on the around 10 EST updates so I thought I had more time.

Currently on page 209, OA has also been pinging me as I go. I feel like she's talked a lot without actually contributing anything
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Matt wrote:
G-Man wrote:Anyone figure out what my shenanigans were this game? Might as well have something to kill time before the post gets here.
I don't get it are you bad or no? :blush:
All of my posts started with the letter A. When so say we all was required, the first word after that began with A. I think I only messed it up twice.

Oh, and one more thing...

:shifty:

chaos agent
My Banners:
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Night 11

Post by DrumBeats »

G-Man wrote:A
Does anyone else read him as kicking his game up a notch after the FF's rolled back into town? That's how it looks to me. Back in a bit with vote observations on DrumBeats.
I will admit I was getting demotivated by the huge wall of lore that alignments were being hidden behind preF5, especially since a lot of information that people were considering as fact such as Wilgy's "confirmed civ" phase was information I could not see and make an informed opinion on. Allowing us to finally see alignments reinvigorated things for me and remotivated me, before vacation prompty pushed me away again.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 320

Post by Golden »

THE SETTLEMENT OF EARTH

Matt, also known as Starbuck, had been on a sortie, when he came across a planet. It looked totally habitable. She knew that Admiral Adama (who many knew as JaggedJimmyJay) would be overjoyed at the news. Although Adama had long ago lied about knowing the way to Earth, this planet would do perfectly.

But before they could settle, one more thing had to be attended to - the final cylons had to be weaned out of the fleet.

Everyone had realised, upon the end of the cylon occupation, that Cavil's resurrection ship was still out there... somewhere. Juliets and sig, just as they had been a year before, were dispatched out to find it. It took many hard days and nights of work, but eventually it was found and destroyed.

Doc Cottle, although many called him Polo, was first to accuse. "G-Man is the last man. He is Doral. We must kill him dead.". Epignosis and SokothQultuq, whose love had managed to survive until the end of days even after Hera had come along, agreed with the diagnosis, and with the backing of Admiral Jay they launched one final all out attack.

"Hang on" said Romo Lampkin, also known as Ricochet, a man who was a stickler for every rule or law in the book. "Due process should be followed".

"Frak due process" said Saul Tigh, and he shot G-Man dead on the spot.

John Cavil knew the gig was up. He had managed to take down a couple of people in the process, like poor Tom Zarek, taken down just a night before this final fall. But he knew he could do no more. He put his gun in his own mouth, and pulled the trigger.

"This is freedom!" Cried Adama "We shall settle on this new Earth. We shall re-establish human life. For the good of the colonies. SO SAY WE ALL!

G-Man has died. He was Aaron Doral, Cavil-aligned. John Cavil, who was otherwise unkillable, has shot himself knowing that he was out of allies and no victory was at hand.

Congratulations to Drumbeats, DrWilgy, Epignosis, JaggedJimmyJay, juliets, Matt, Nerolunar, ObscureAllure, Polo, rabbit8, Ricochet, sig and SokothQultuq. You are all winners.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

NICE!
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Admiral Adama - JaggedJimmyJay
Roslin - Indiglo
Starbuck - Matt
Baltar - Silverwolf/insertnamehere
Lee - Scotty
Saul - Nerolunar
Tyrol - DrumBeats
Helo - SokothQultuq
Gaeta - Vompatti
Dee - Marmot
Cally - Spacedaisy
Sam - bea
Cottle - Polo
Kat - sig
Hot Dog - juliets
Billy - ika
Zarek - Black Rock
Ellen - a2thezebra/rabbit8
Tory - DFaraday/Dex
Lampkin - Ricochet
Cavil - S~V~S
Leoben - inawordyes/DrWilgy
D'Anna - LoRab
Simon - nutella
Doral - G-Man
Six - ObscureAllure
Boomer - Glorfindel
Athena - Epignosis
Helena Cain - Long Con
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'd have ranked "game over" about 915th on the list of "things that might happen".

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

Whoa, I had a guess JJJ was Admiral Adama.

Nice job, guys!
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Some things people should know (I'll post full role descriptions soon).

1) Glorfindel assumed he was civ, although he never knew his win condition.

2) Glorfindel, insertnamehere and LoRab all could have ended up bad, but none of them did.

3) Polo was not an info role, and he never had any info, but he still basically called out everyone. Also, I want to draw attention to this from Sokoth on night 9... he also had no info, but literally the only things he had wrong was rico being a bad cylon and Wilgy being bad, along with missing OA being a cylon. He even called Polo as the last member of the Final Five :p

SokothQultuq wrote:So here is where I stand with things.

Black Rock – Good
Dex – Cylon/Bad
Drumbeats – Good
DrWilgy - Cylon/Bad
Epignosis – Cylon/Good
G-Man – Cylon/Bad
InsertNameHere – Good
JaggedJimmyJay – Good
Juliets – Cylon/Good
Matt – Good
Nerolunar – Cylon/Good
ObscureAllure – Good
Polo – Cylon/Bad
Rabbit8 – Good
Richochet – Cylon/Bad
S~V~S – Cylon/Bad
Sig – Good
SpaceDaisy – Cylon/Bad
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

Yup, I got scared when he said I was FF!
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DrumBeats »

Oh wow, sorry I was so useless in endgame guys. Fitting that my last hour or two was useless But really good game everyone, sorry for my recent absense, and some of my really bad EoD choke votes.

@ Goldama - Thanks for hosting, and again sorry for my absence that popped up. I thought I would be able to keep up while I was on vacation but it didn't work out as well as I'd hoped. From what I saw, this may have been the best hosting I have seen, there were so many things you had to keep track of with people's win conditions and events being based off of things they said. That in addition to the laws, revivals, and possible conversions. Really cool game design.

Out of curiosity, how did Boomer end up town when I didn't convert her? Did somebody else have an ability to, or could Glorf self-convert based on something he said? Also, were there any events that we never triggered?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I may have made a couple of minor tweaks to this before I sent the roles out, but I don't want to go through this and find them. So it should be mostly accurate!

Humans:

Admiral William Adama – Affectionately called the Old Man of the Fleet, Admiral Adama keeps the human race alive with his hatred for machines, his paranoia, and his cool head under pressure. Adama PMs the host each night with an address to give the entire crew. He is guaranteed not to be one of the final five. Adama will survive the first Cylon attempt on his life, as well as the first mutiny he faces. Adama cannot win while any cylon remains alive.

[Adama cannot win while Cavil or anyone aligned with Cavil remains alive]

President Laura Roslin – Laura Roslin was Secretary of Education, but became president after the cylon attack on the colonies. Though not religious, Roslin discovers that she fulfils prophecies in the scriptures about a saviour. At three predetermined points in the game, Roslin will receive prophecies that she believes will lead her to the salvation of humanity. She is guaranteed not to be one of the final five. Roslin also believes she has a good instinct for finding cylons. Twice in the game, Roslin may have someone thrown out of the airlock. Roslin cannot win while any cylon remains alive.

[Roslin cannot win while Cavil or anyone aligned with Cavil remains alive.]

Kara ‘Starbuck’ Thrace – Starbuck is a hotshot pilot, occupied mostly with taking out more cylons than anyone else. Starbuck tends to get the best of her opponents. She stars with negative two votes on each lynch and will survive her first encounter with cylons, but she cannot be resurrected. No matter how Starbuck dies, her role will be made public upon death. She is guaranteed not to be one of the final five. Starbuck can also continue to post on topic after death, in dead red. Starbuck cannot win while any cylon remains alive. However, she can win while dead if Lee Adama is alive when the game ends.

[Starbuck cannot win while Cavil or anyone aligned with Cavil remains alive. However, she can win while dead if Lee Adama is alive when the game ends.]

Gaius Baltar – Gaius Baltar is a genius and was one of the pre-eminent scientists in all of the twelve colonies before the attack. He was also inadvertently responsible for enabling the cylons to carry out the attack on the colonies. Gaius has invented a Cylon detector, and with it he can check if someone is a Cylon each night. He is guaranteed not to be one of the final five. Gaius knows, however, that if he ever revealed someone to be a cylon, he would be killed immediately. Gaius has BTSC with Caprica 6. Gaius’ primary motivation is to do whatever it takes to stay alive. Gaius will survive the first NK and lynch against him. Gaius' win condition will change during the course of the game. At the start of the game, you cannot win while any cylon besides Caprica 6 remains alive.

[While president. Baltar can win the game either 1) with Cavil and his allies provided that Caprica six is alive; or 2) along with any humans who win provided the following people are dead: Admiral Adama, Laura Roslin, Saul Tigh, Galen Tyrol, Sam Anders.] [After being deposed as president – Baltar must merely survive until the end to win.] [If Caprica six is dead after Baltar is deposed, Gaius will gain BTSC with Cavil and can only win with him.]

Lee ‘Apollo’ Adama – Lee is William Adama’s son. Lee is consumed with self-doubt and an inability to feel as though he lives up to his father’s expectations. Lee has a strong desire to do the right thing, but he often has difficulty figuring out exactly what that might be, and tends to let his self-importance get in the way. Lee has a choice between two actions each night. The first is that he can search for Starbuck. If he finds her, he will gain BTSC with her. The second is that he can stand up for someone and make sure they are not on the lynch poll the following day. Lee cannot win while any cylon remains alive.

[Lee cannot win while Cavil or anyone aligned with Cavil remains alive.]

Saul Tigh – Saul is the Galactica’s executive officer. He always tries to do right by the Old Man, but he frequently fracks it up. Every night, Saul sends someone that he suspects to be a cylon to the brig. That person may not talk in the thread or vote in the lynch poll the next day. There is a 50% chance of that person’s vote being worth two on the following day, but they won’t be informed. If the person Saul puts in the brig targets him on the following night, he will die. Saul cannot win while any cylon remains alive.

[Saul cannot win while Cavil or anyone aligned with Cavil remains alive.] [When Saul discovers he is final five, he will align with Adama.]

Galen Tyrol – Tyrol is the chief mechanic on board Galactica. Periodically, Galactica will come under Cylon attack. As long as Tyrol is alive, he will hold Galactica together and attacks will have no effect. If Tyrol is dead, however, Cylon attacks on Galactica have a chance of having causing the death of an occupant on the Galactica, and a small chance of causing the destruction of Galactica and everyone on board. Tyrol alone knows that Boomer is not yet allied with anyone, and so he will search for her each night with the hopes of finding her before she is recruited by the cylons for good. If Tyrol finds her, he will gain BTSC with her (regardless of whether or not he successfully recruits her to the human's cause). Tyrol cannot win while any cylon remains alive, except Boomer where she is successfully recruited.

[Tyrol cannot win while Cavil or anyone aligned with Cavil remains alive.]

Karl ‘Helo’ Agathon – Helo is well known for his bravery, loyalty and honour. It is said of him that he always does the right thing. Each day, Helo will select one player to make immune from the vote. The identity of that player will not be public knowledge, and any votes cast against that person will not count. Helo cannot win while any cylon remains alive.

[Helo cannot win while Cavil or anyone aligned to Cavil remains alive.]

Felix Gaeta - Gaeta is trusting and idealistic, and he sees the best in everyone. He is diligent and works hard, and considers it an incredible honour to serve under Admiral Adama. He is also something of a prodigy, but remains humble. As Gaeta is more inclined to see the best in someone and defend them than he is to go on the attack, Gaeta's vote will count for negative one each day. Gaeta cannot win while any cylon remains alive.

[Gaeta cannot win while Cavil or anyone aligned with Cavil remains alive.]

Anastasia ‘Dee’ Dualla - Dee is the voice people hear on the other end of the line, as she is the one who relays the Admirals orders to the viper pilots as they fight. Her voice brings them home. Dee can PM the host during a night phase and stop any human death during that night. If Dee attempts to use this ability unsuccessfully (that is, she does not prevent any human kill that night), she retains the ability until she uses it successfully. Once Dee uses her ability successfully, it cannot be used again. Dee cannot win while any cylon remains alive.

[Dee cannot win while Cavil or anyone aligned with Cavil remains alive.]

Cally Henderson – Cally is a young mechanic in Tyrol’s engineer pool. Every night, she will search for the chief. If she finds him, he will get a nightkill protect. If she targets Boomer, she will shoot Boomer and Boomer will die. Cally can only target a player once in the game. As with Tyrol, while Cally is alive any cylon attacks on Galactica will have no effect, however unlike with Tyrol the cylons don’t know who Cally is and so don’t expect her to have such good mechanical skills. Cally cannot win while any cylon remains alive.

[Cally cannot win while Cavil or anyone aligned with Cavil remains alive.] [When Cally discovers she is final five, she will align with Cavil.]

Sam Anders – Sam is one of the colonies most well known professional athletes, as the star player of Caprica's pyramid team. Sam has a leg up on the competition when it comes to contests. Once in the game Sam may PM the hosts to end a contest and win the prize (he must do this before the contest ends). Once in the game Sam may PM the hosts to get a duplicate of a prize won by another person in a contest (he must do this either before the contest ends or within 12 hours of it ending). If a contest involves anonymous submissions where a winner will be judged, Sam may submit two entries. Sam cannot win while any cylon remains alive.

[Sam cannot win while Cavil or anyone aligned with Cavil remains alive.]

Doc Cottle – Cottle is the best doc in the fleet. Cottle protects one player each night from nightkills. Cottle cannot win while any cylon remains alive.

[Cottle cannot win while Cavil or anyone aligned with Cavil remains alive.] [When Cottle discovers he is final five, he will align with Adama]

Lou ‘Kat’ Katraine – Kat is a hotshot viper pilot but she is also a rookie, and Starbuck treats her that way. Kat wants nothing more than to take down more cylons than Starbuck does. Whenever Kat votes for someone that does not get the most votes for that day and that person is a cylon, she get 25% of a nightkill protection.

How this works:

1) It is possible that the person who gets the most votes in the poll itself is not the person who actually got the most votes (eg, because of Starbuck’s ability, and the Admiral's special ability). It’s not the votes in the poll that matter, but the actual votes after I have taken everything into account.

2) The lynch does not have to go through for Kat to get her 25% of a nightkill protection - she will still get it if no-one is lynched, provided the other conditions are met.

3) If there is an attempt at nightkilling Kat, her chances of dying will depend on what % of a nightkill protect she has earned. For instance, if she has earned 25% of a nightkill, she will have a 1 in 4 chance of survival. If she succeeds four times, she will have earned 100% of a nightkill and is guaranteed to be protected.

4) However, she will not be informed when she earns fractions of nightkill protection.

5) She cannot obtain more than 100% of a nightkill protection. If she survives a nightkill because of a protection she earns through this ability, then her protection percentage is reset to zero.

Kat cannot win while any cylon remains alive.

[Kat cannot win while Cavil or anyone aligned with Cavil remains alive.]

Brendon ‘Hot Dog’ Costanza – Hot Dog is another rookie pilot, who proves quite adept at taking out cylons and staying alive. Any nightkill aimed at Hot Dog will rebound onto a random cylon (excluding any unrevealed members of the final five). Hot Dog cannot win while any cylon remains alive.

[Hot Dog cannot win while Cavil or anyone aligned with Cavil remains alive.] [When Hot Dog discovers he is final five, he will align with Adama. However, his role ability will be lost.]

Billy Keikeya - Billy is President Roslin's aide, and is incredibly loyal to her. While Billy is alive, any negative action directed at President Roslin (including curses, blocks, lynches and nightkills) will be redirected to Billy instead. Billy cannot win while any cylon remains alive.

[Billy cannot win while Cavil or anyone aligned with Cavil remains alive.]

Tom Zarek - Zarek was a terrorist and activist in his younger life, and escaped the destruction of the colonies in a cell on a prison ship. Zarek is primarily motivated by his own political gain. For every ten votes Zarek takes while someone else is president (without dying), Zarek can choose the one and only law that will be offered to the president to pass in the next quorum sitting, from a list of all available laws. For every ten votes Zarek receives while president, Zarek gains a new ability. Zarek cannot win while any cylon remains alive, however to win he must be President when the last cylon is defeated.

[Zarek cannot win while Cavil or anyone aligned with Cavil remains alive, however in order to win he must be President when the last of Cavil’s forces are defeated.]

Ellen Tigh – Ellen is the wife of Saul Tigh, and despite her destructive ways and their broken relationship she still loves him deeply. When she has been drinking, Ellen is prone to fracking up. When Ellen casts her vote, it has a 1/3 chance of actually counting towards her target or the person above or below her target on the poll. Any vote she casts against Saul will not count. Ellen cannot win while any cylon remains alive.

[Ellen cannot win while Cavil or anyone aligned with Cavil remains alive.]

Tory Foster – Tory is a savvy political advisor, who is focussed more on the result than on the ethics of getting there. Once in the game, Tory can PM the host during the day period and decide the identity of the person who will be lynched that day. Tory cannot win while any cylon remains alive.

[Tory cannot win while Cavil or anyone aligned with Cavil remains alive.] [When Tory discovers she is final five, she will align with Cavil.]

Romo Lampkin – Lampkin is one of humanity’s last surviving lawyers. He doesn’t much want to continue his craft on Galactica, but circumstances and a sense of duty see him standing up even for those who most others would think don’t deserve a voice. Each night, Lampkin will be given a random person that he must defend on the next day… He must post at least 5 posts that are clearly in defence of that person. Lampkin will take a vote if, at any time, he does not obey a law of the colony. He may also point out breaches of the law of the colony in the thread - each time he does so correctly, the person who breached the law will take a vote. Lampkin cannot win while any cylon remains alive.

[Lampkin cannot win while Cavil or anyone aligned with Cavil remains alive.]

Cylons:

John Cavil (number one) - Cavil has a plan to eliminate the human race. Cavil cannot win while any human survives. Cavil has a nightkill to use every night. Cavil is unkillable under all circumstances, but will commit suicide if he has no allies left as he will recognise he is about to lose the war.

Cavil isn’t completely certain that all cylons are on his side. In fact, he is in no doubt that Athena is allied with the humans. Cavil has no BTSC at the start of the game. Cavil will send out a leaflet each night to another player asking them if they want to know about the plan. Only those who know they are Cylons will notice the leaflet. Cavil will gain BTSC numbers two, three, four, five and six if they see the leaflet. Cavil will gain control of Boomer’s vote if she sees the leaflet. Athena will deliberately ignore the leaflet. The final five won't see the leaflet.

Be careful – anyone you obtain BTSC with only has a right to BTSC with YOU and you do not have to tell them that you have BTSC with other people. You can introduce people who you have BTSC with to each other. However, once you do that, they earn the right to have BTSC with each other (even behind your back). You should keep in mind that you do not know for sure where everyone’s loyalties lie.

Leoben Conoy (number two) - While the humans believe Leoben is allied with Cavil, Leoben has no love for Cavil at all, and doesn't agree that wiping out humanity is God’s plan. On even nights, Leoben sends a message (through the host) to Starbuck. Leoben has no BTSC. Leoben only wins if Cavil and those aligned with Cavil are dead.

D’Anna Biers (number three) - D'Anna is primarily occupied with uncovering the identity of the final five. Each night D'Anna targets one player, and learns whether or not they are one of the final five. D'Anna's win condition is unknown at this time. D'Anna has no BTSC.

[When D'Anna finds a member of the final five, she will get to choose whether to align with them or against them. She will gain their post-reveal alignment, or the opposite of it, depending on her choice.]

Simon O’Neill (number four) - Simon is allied with John Cavil, and cannot win while any human survives. Simon has no BTSC. Simon is in charge of the programme to try to breed cylons with humans. Each night Simon will target a player. If they are female (character, not player), Simon will bring them to the Farm and they will be silenced and unable to talk in the thread for the night. If they are male, Simon will incapacitate them and they will only be able to speak in the thread using the insanifier.

Aaron Doral (number five) Doral is allied with John Cavil, and cannot win while any human survives. Doral has no BTSC. Doral are a good spin doctor. Every day, Doral can send a message (through the host by PM) to another player. Doral can choose the player that the message will appear to be from (this could include yourself).

Caprica Six (number six) – Caprica Six has BTSC with Gaius Baltar. If you vote the same way as Gaius, your vote will be worth two. Caprica Six's win condition will change during the course of the game. At the start of the game, Caprica Six cannot win while any human besides Gaius Baltar remains alive.

[While Baltar is president, and after he is deposed, Caprica Six will win if Baltar meets his win condition.] [After Baltar dies, Caprica Six cannot win unless Cavil and all of those who are aligned with Cavil are dead.]

Sharon ‘Boomer’ Valerii (number eight) - Boomer has three night actions to use during the course of the game. She has one night kill, one role check, and one lynch stop for a person other than herself. Boomer has no BTSC.

[Boomer does not know her win condition. Boomer cannot win while Cavil or anyone aligned with Cavil remains alive.] [If shot by Cally while able to resurrect, Boomer will resurrect with btsc with Cavil and will align with Cavil.]

Sharon ‘Athena’ Agathon (number eight) - Athena has no BTSC. The road ahead could be hard for Athena, though, as the humans might not believe she is aligned with them. Each night, Athena can target one player to get a PM suggesting to them that they make the following statement in the thread “I don't think the humans need to kill all the cylons”.

[Athena cannot win while Cavil or anyone aligned with Cavil remains alive.]

Secret role:

Helena Cain – Helena is not with the rest of the fleet at the start of the game, as she is busy commanding the Battlestar Pegasus. While she may participate fully in the thread and in all activities, no votes or actions that Helena undertakes, nor any votes or actions taken against Helena, will count until she joins the fleet at the dawn of day four. She outranks William Adama, so when she joins the fleet she will immediately become admiral and it will be revealed that the secret role is Helena Cain. Helena does not recognise the authority of the President (everyone else still will).

Helena has no powers until she is Admiral. The war against the cylons has turned Helena into a tyrant. Each night (starting night three) Helena will take control of another person’s actions for that night and their vote (and any other actions they may have) for the next day. That person will be required to state that they have been ordered to vote (and act) that way by Admiral Cain. Helena must exercise this action – if she does not choose a person, the person she controls will be selected randomly. She cannot exercise it on herself. William Adama and Laura Roslin may choose whether or not to act in accordance with your orders or not.

Helena cannot win unless all cylons die, whatever their affiliation. William Adama and Roslin will stand in her way. If Adama is still alive after Helena has been admiral for three days and three nights, he will successfully lead a mutiny to take back the fleet, and Helena will be killed in the ensuing battle. If Roslin is still alive after you have been admiral for three days and three nights, she will ensure Helena is convicted for treason and sucked out an airlock. Neither Adama nor Roslin are aware of this.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Whoa! Game over!

Nice job, a win I most assuredly did not deserve.

Congrats to fellow civs, especially those who sniffed out those dastardly cylons the last four days! :faint:

Super fun game Golden haha

"Chaos age" G-man :beer:
Image Image Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

DrumBeats wrote:Oh wow, sorry I was so useless in endgame guys. Fitting that my last hour or two was useless But really good game everyone, sorry for my recent absense, and some of my really bad EoD choke votes.

@ Goldama - Thanks for hosting, and again sorry for my absence that popped up. I thought I would be able to keep up while I was on vacation but it didn't work out as well as I'd hoped. From what I saw, this may have been the best hosting I have seen, there were so many things you had to keep track of with people's win conditions and events being based off of things they said. That in addition to the laws, revivals, and possible conversions. Really cool game design.

Out of curiosity, how did Boomer end up town when I didn't convert her? Did somebody else have an ability to, or could Glorf self-convert based on something he said? Also, were there any events that we never triggered?
I decided to make Boomer a 'blind civilian' rather than a true independent, in that she could not win with Cavil if she was never recruited by either you or the baddies. So she was still civilian aligned. Glorfindel felt very strongly into the human cause and played like he was a civilian, but there was every chance he could have had a rude awakening.

On the other hand, the town got very lucky with the rez ships... both having them going down so early and hitting nutella's one first out of all of them.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I'm sure there's heaps else I should cover so... feel free to ask. Here are some other notes...

Polo and SVS were targetting inh and JJJ back and forth on alternative nights for a while... except they were out of synch with each other so Polo never actually stopped a kill. Both of those two had nk protects which were both consumed.

INH was constantly getting his PMs in after the fleet was jumped, but always on humans (so the negative results he got were accurate despite them being based on nothing). Then he targetted SVS on the one night Jay decided not to jump...

LoRab cottoned on to the idea her win condition might be tied to her night power so she stopped using it.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Laws. Last Two written by Scotty. I also had one called the "Secret Secrecy Act", but I forgot what my secret was, so I had to get rid of it.

Marriage Equality Act: Each day, two random players will get married. The votes taken by each of them will be added together and then shared equally (half each). In the event that they tie for the most votes, the lynch candidate will be randomised.

Word Rationing Act: Each player is limited to no more than 10 posts in each day or night period.

Criminal Process for X Act: X has been arrested on suspicion of being a cylon sympathiser and is immune from all lynches while facing due process.

X Witness Protection Act: X is believed to have been witness to a cylon attack and may know the identity of a cylon. They are immune from nightkills.

Space Opera Line-blurring Act: Each day, a random player must post like Yoda.

Profanity Censorship Act: All swear words except the word 'Frak' are hereby banned from use. The word 'Frak' is the only acceptable profanity must be used in all posts.

X Civility Act: Every day and night period, every player must give at least one complement to X.

Letter-based Discrimination Act: All players with the letter [ ] in their user name are suspected of having cylon ties and their votes are worth half their usual value.

Cylon Amnesty Act: Any person may publicly admit to being a cylon and, if the declaration is true, they will have immunity from the lynch for that day. Once a person has outed themselves as a cylon, they cannot do it a second time.

Wills of the Dead Act: Deceased players will have their last will and testament publicly read. Any deceased players may send one sentence to the host each night to be published in the thread the following day, which may be on topic but may not be longer than 25 words. All sentences received will be published together and will not be attributed.

Revival of the Arts Act: As many of the arts of the colonies were lost in the attack, we must begin to add to our arts collection. Each day, one random player must post only in haiku.

Host Appreciation Act: Each player must complement the host at least once in each day period. So say we all!

Morale Elevation Act: Each day, a random player will be given an extra vote to use in that day's lynch. The identity of the person and their choice of vote will be clear. This vote does not need to be cast for the same person as their standard vote.

Written Language Retention Act: Each player must use all letters of the alphabet in at least one post in each day and night period, and it must form part of their on topic discussion of the game.

G-Man Meme Act: G-Man must post exclusively in memes on even days.

Annoying Census Act: In order to keep a clear record of the number of human survivors, all player must number themselves when they first post in a day phase, with the first player to post numbering themselves one, the second player to post numbering themselves 2 etc.

X Conscription Act: X has been conscripted into service and will be required to vote as per the orders of the Admiral.

Espionage Enablement Act: A random player has been assigned the role of 'spy' and may check the role of one player each night as a night action.

FTL Jump Act: The President is hereby enabled to order one Faster-Than-Light jump, ending a day immediately without lynch and commencing a new day immediately thereafter.

Population Regeneration Act: All players are hereby commanded to endeavour to reproduce at least once per day phase. No evidence required.

-Group Leader Act: At the start of every night, a random player will be assigned Group Leader. They will be notified as such, and must carry the torch. The group leader may use the power of the player lynched during the previous day phase.

-Mass Speculation Act: Every person may post once in the game in the thread calling out a living player they suspect in the form: "I SUSPECT [PLAYER]".
If the player named is someone the caller needs dead to win, the following day the caller receives an extra lynch vote.
If the player named is not someone the caller needs dead to win, the following day the caller's lynch vote is worth 0.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

The arrival of Helena Cain, the election of Gaius Baltar, the removal of Baltar, and the awakening of the final five were all prescheduled events. No person or action affected when they happened.

The Resurrection Ship event would also have happened at the Dawn of Day 4 had it not been triggered earlier.

Vompatti was Felix Gaeta. Both were executed by the Admiral for treason...
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

Golden wrote:I'm sure there's heaps else I should cover so... feel free to ask. Here are some other notes...

Polo and SVS were targetting inh and JJJ back and forth on alternative nights for a while... except they were out of synch with each other so Polo never actually stopped a kill. Both of those two had nk protects which were both consumed.

INH was constantly getting his PMs in after the fleet was jumped, but always on humans (so the negative results he got were accurate despite them being based on nothing). Then he targetted SVS on the one night Jay decided not to jump...

LoRab cottoned on to the idea her win condition might be tied to her night power so she stopped using it.
POOP! :omg:

Thanks for hosting this game, Golden! You did a great job and I had a lot of fun.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Oh, and...

Boomer being good was totally lore. Boomer going bad would have been triggered by the same event that triggered it on the show. Only LoRab and insertnamehere had slightly wonky possibilities of being bad based on lore, but for balance reasons.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

AWARDS VOTING

Can all players please PM me their candidates for the following awards.

Dead MVP - the civilian who did the most to help the civilians win the game but who ended up dying. You may choose a person who you think did a good job for the civilians before they turned out to be final five later.

Theme MVP - the person who you feel most helped the games atmosphere feel like we were really playing in the world of BSG lore.
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 43

Post by insertnamehere »

YESSSSSS

You people have no idea how happy I was when I found out I'd be playing as the one, the only, Gaius Frakkin' Baltar. ObscureAllure was a great BTSC partner, even though most of the checks I did were useless.

Ironically enough, I kept flip flopping back and forth on whether I should try and aim for a civ or Cavil win. I was honestly leaning towards working with the Cavils if I could. My strategy was to act dumb for a certain period of time, gather as much info as I could, be a non-target, and then backstab some fools. :slick:

Unfortunately, SVS and company didn't know this and Nightkilled me. They also would have gotten me definitely on their side if they NK'd ObscureAllure.

WE COULD HAVE BEEN A GREAT TEAM

@Golden - This is, in my humble opinion, the Gold Standard for turning a TV Show or existing property into a game of mafia. Each role was ingeniously written to replicate the same character dynamics in the game as there was in the show, while being innovatively complex in terms of mafia mechanics as well. I loved the air of unease and uncertainty that everyone had in the thread, once again very similar to the show.

In this game, Mafia and Life imitated Art, and it was amazing.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 43

Post by insertnamehere »

Also, I'm pissed off that I didn't win, simply because I was planning on changing my avatar to Gaius for all eternity.

Hell, I may still do that anyway... :blush:
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
SokothQultuq
Henchman
Posts in topic: 95

Post by SokothQultuq »

Fascinating Game. A bit Chaotic as a first exposure but I enjoyed it.

No Hard Feelings Wilgy, just playing the game. 8-) I may have very well missed some of your questions these last few weeks trying to keep up with things but I posted what you made me feel. Well played all together.

Great game everyone. 8-)
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

SokothQultuq wrote:Fascinating Game. A bit Chaotic as a first exposure but I enjoyed it.

No Hard Feelings Wilgy, just playing the game. 8-) I may have very well missed some of your questions these last few weeks trying to keep up with things but I posted what you made me feel. Well played all together.

Great game everyone. 8-)
Incredibly chaotic as a first exposure. Believe me when I say that from my perspective I thought you were doing absolutely fantastically for this being your first game.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Rez ship locations

A2 - Six (ObscureAllure)
A6 - Three (LoRab)
B2 - Four (nutella)
C5 - Eight (glorfindel, epi)
C6 - Five (G-Man)
F2 - Two (DrWilgy)
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

insertnamehere wrote:@Golden - This is, in my humble opinion, the Gold Standard for turning a TV Show or existing property into a game of mafia. Each role was ingeniously written to replicate the same character dynamics in the game as there was in the show, while being innovatively complex in terms of mafia mechanics as well. I loved the air of unease and uncertainty that everyone had in the thread, once again very similar to the show.

In this game, Mafia and Life imitated Art, and it was amazing.
Cheers INH. Your kind words (and everyone elses kind words too!) are appreciated. I loved this show and I loved the potential for this set up, and I really appreciate everyone giving the game their all (which I really felt that everyone did).
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 208

Post by indiglo »

Wow, AWESOME!!! I am sorry I died and can't enjoy the well-earned civ victory here.

The night the Wills of the Dead law got repealed I had an awesome will to share... basically outing the Cavil team as I understood it (and happened to be right)... but then I couldn't post it. :pout:

Golden, will you be posting what happened with Night Actions, etc? I know you had said my death was a run of MAJORLY bad luck... which now seems super sad because if ika hadn't been NKed straight away, I might still have been in the game. But I'm super curious to see what other bad luck passed my way.

I've been NKed early as a civ in both games I've played recently. This one hurt more because of how much I LOOOOVED this show, and because of how much I REALLYYYYYYY wanted to play this game, and was really enjoying it. But, I'll take it as a compliment anyway... even though it sucked. I was seriously so disappointed to be out so early, especially when so many people who never even watched the show were still playing. Anyway, I still followed the game every single day, and read every single post.
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl

Return to “Previous Jobs”