Posts in topic: 87

[ENDGAME] The Office Mafia

Post by Dom »

The Office Mafia
Hosted By Dom
Modded By Golden
Roles
CIVVIES

Michael – Michael has an intense need to be liked. For each time Michael receives more than one vote, but is not lynched, he will get a prize. Void if Michael votes for himself

Michael’s Prizes:
1st: Extra Vote
2nd: Self NK Protection
3rd: Role Check
4th: Rezz
Repeat

Jim – A Prankster, Jim can insanify one person per day with a curse of his choosing.

Dwight – Chaotic Good? As the security force for the office building, Dwight can arrest one person per night, silencing them and barring them from voting.

Pam – As office administrator, Pam has an inventory of everything in the office. She notices when things are awry. Lie Detector Role. You cannot lie detect statements such as “I am not bad” etc.

Stanley – Stanley is apathetic and it’s contagious. He will block on odd nights so he can rest on the even nights.

Phyllis – Phyllis knits sweaters of love. It takes her two days to knit a sweater, so on even nights, she protects someone.

Andy – Andy has anger management problems and will kill one person of his choosing on any given night. This is a one time use power. If Andy has not used this power and Michael has died, then Andy becomes the new Office Manager.

Angela – Religious and conservative, Angela is dating a (state) senator. She’s an adept singer of The Little Drummer Boy. She also likes planning parties. Angela is able to plan parties, which will allow her to send a message to the party planning committee (Pam, Phyllis, and that one time Meredith). She may not out herself or other players. She can plan a party every even night.

Creed – Creed is weird. Creed has probably committed murder before. He also has put printer ink in his hair. He can choose one person per night and know who they targeted.

Kelly – First of all, how dare you? Kelly is madly in love with Ryan. She looks for him each night. If she find him, she gets promoted to Diversity Executive and is allowed to allocate an extra vote wherever she wants each day. Until then, she may make one person post only in questions the following day.

Kevin – Kevin’s a guy who just enjoys a foot bath every once in a while. He can sit for a foot bath and decide the outcomes of any ties.

Darryl – In charge of the warehouse, Darryl is able to see what goes in and out. Each night, Darryl can send one item to a person (Darryl may create the item, with host editing). Some of these items will be worthless duds. Some will be valuable boons.

Meredith – Meredith gives people who miss votes some of her booze. She will control who those players vote for the next day. She may only assign two players to vote any one person.

Oscar – Oscar is definitely not into the (state) senator. Oscar is pretty attentive to detail as an accountant and can change who someone targets each night.

Erin – Erin is eccentric and cute. She has a good moral center and can stop one lynch.

Holly – Holly is just as weird as Michael, but more balanced. If she is killed, two days will follow. If she is lynched, two nights will follow.

Toby – Toby is just the worst™. As the HR representative for the Office, he mediates conflict. He can mess with the files and switch one lynch (the person who the lynch is switched to must have a vote).

Todd Packer – Todd is volatile and if he is killed at night, he take his killer down with him. If he is lynched, he will take one of his voters down with him.

BADDIES
Team Kills Every Night
David Wallace – David Wallace plays the drums and will play every night. This will distract someone, allowing him to control who one player targets each night.
*Secrets*
David Wallace is also looking to promote someone. If by Night 5 two of his fellow corporate big-wigs are dead, then he will find a surplus in the budget and can promote someone from The Office. He cannot tell the rest of this team this.

Jan – Jan likes to pop into the office unannounced. Each night, she picks a player to get BTSC with for the next day period. This is anonymous BTSC on Jan’s end and it will look like the player has BTSC with a Sabre Representative.

Ryan – Temp turned Corporate. He started the fire. Once, he can start the fire and end a lynch early. He must send a screenshot of the poll to the host to ensure the most accurate lynch reading.

Jo – Jo is very convincing. She can control someone’s vote each odd night.

Gabe – Gabe is infinitely awkward. He blocks one person each even night.

NEUTRAL – Can win with anyone
Bandit – Bandit is Angela’s cat. He is adept at falling out of ceilings. Bandit is a sly cat and can spy on people. Bandit selects one player each night. Bandit can do one of the following:
1. Role Check
2. Target Check
3. See if They Were Targeted
But Bandit must use all other powers before repeating one.

Moze – Moze is Dwight’s cousin. He has lots of beets. A beet gives you an extra vote. Moze can give someone a beet each night. He cannot give beets to himself. Beets must be used the day period they are sent otherwise, they go bad.

THE SCRANTON STRANGLER – LMS minus Bandit and Moze
The Scranton Strangler – Kills on even nights. Cannot be role checked. If he/she kills Toby, he/she will go to jail and will no longer be able to kill, but will now be immune to night kills.

Rules
1. No Illegal BTSC. This means, you only have BTSC when I say you do with who I say you have BTSC with for the period I dictate.
2. NO ROLE OUTING. NO INFO DUMPING. This means, if you know something for sure, do not say you know it if you got it from the host. If you are unsure, ask the host!
3. If you ever feel frustrated or angry or upset, please let Golden, our game mod, know. I am also here for you, but Golden is a netrual party who is here to help you resolve any issues you're having. Our goal is that everyone has a great time.
4. Three consecutive missed votes/PMs constitute non-participation. I didn't have any P-Score requirements for signing up for this game, but if will affect your score. Let me know if you need a replacement!
5. Have fun! :D

Players
Alive
DFaraday
Drumbeats
enrique
Epignosis
LoRab
Scotty
timmer

Dead
DrWilgy - Lynched Day One, Creed Barton
rabbit8 - Killed Night One
birdwithteeth11 - Lynched Day Two, Erin
Elohcin - Killed Night Two
leetic - Killed Night Two
Quin - Lynched Day Three, Holly
Bullzeye JaggedJimmyJay - Killed Night 3.1
SVS - Killed Ngiht 3.2
Matt - Lynched Day 4, Angela Martin.
Cobalt Indiglo - Killed Night 4
Sorsha - Lynched Day 5, Scranton Strangler
Zeus Juliets - Killed Night 5
fingersplints - Lynched Day Six, Oscar
Serge - Killed Night Six
Spacedaisy - Lynched Day Seven, Bandit
Scotty - Killed Night Seven - Rezz'd Day 10
Goldy espers - Lynched Day Eight, Gabe
insertnamehere - Killed Night Eight
sig Turnip Head - Lynched Day Nine, Kelly
bea - Killed Night Nine

bea
birdwithteeth11
Bullzeye / JaggedJimmyJay
Cobalt / indiglo
DFaraday
DrumBeats
Elohcin
Enrique
Epignosis
fingersplints
Goldy / espers
insertnamehere
leetic
LoRab
Matt
Quin
Scotty
Serge
sig
Sorsha
Spacedaisy
S~V~S
timmer
Zeus
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 140

Re: [Orientation] The Office Mafia

Post by Quin »

f-f-first!
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Episode Zero
Michael stormed in, three files in hand. "Welcome to Dunder Mifflin!" He pushed play on the DVD player.

"Where should we start?"

Personell
Management
Memorandum

Which will you learn about first?
You have 48 Hours.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 174

Post by insertnamehere »

i'm first in my own heart
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Golden »

Hi everyone.

I am your friendly mod for this game.

Please remember that I am here to talk about anything during the game. Any frustrations you have with the game, come to me. If a player is upsetting you, talk to me. If the host is persecuting you, speak to me. If you want to talk about the weather, converse with me. Even if you just want to talk about your exciting tactics or how much you are enjoying the game or vent anything out no matter how negative or positive it is, that's what I'm here for.

Also, don't be offended if I'm checking in with you. I'm probably just making sure you aren't feeling too stressed or burnt out and trying to make sure you get as much fun out of this game as possible.

Good luck everyone, and may the best mod win!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

i'm guessing that One Direction isn't a legitimate option, but I still want to vote for it anyways.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 123

Post by S~V~S »

Yay game finally!! I have seen a few episodes of this, but don;t know much about it. What connection to the show do the options have?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

also, is personnel spelled personell intentionally, or am I just being overly analytical and paranoid? Even though it's still in signups, Triskaidekaphobia Mafia is beginning to get to me.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I'm ust not a great speller. :blush:
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 186

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote:Hi everyone.

I am your friendly mod for this game.

Please remember that I am here to talk about anything during the game. Any frustrations you have with the game, come to me. If a player is upsetting you, talk to me. If the host is persecuting you, speak to me. If you want to talk about the weather, converse with me. Even if you just want to talk about your exciting tactics or how much you are enjoying the game or vent anything out no matter how negative or positive it is, that's what I'm here for.

Also, don't be offended if I'm checking in with you. I'm probably just making sure you aren't feeling too stressed or burnt out and trying to make sure you get as much fun out of this game as possible.

Good luck everyone, and may the best mod win!
So Say We All!
1313 Athena Way
New Caprica, 67

Dear Ricochet,

Games about numbers people are afraid of is really a niche market, and I fear you will have a difficult time finding the type of business you are seeking, particularly in this part of the globe.

My suggestion is that you stick to things people appreciate for themes, such as racial genocide or the subjugation of women. Those will assuredly have wider draws.

On a personal note, I am a huge fan of your work. Your evaluations with the Prog Archives Eclectic Team are second to none. You really put Simon Railton in his place!

Sincerely,
Epignosis

EPI:vdgg
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Zeus
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Zeus »

Can we have some reading? Activity here? Let's have some fun!
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 7

Post by sig »

insertnamehere wrote:i'm guessing that One Direction isn't a legitimate option, but I still want to vote for it anyways.
I second this.
ImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Sorsha »

Hi. I'm voting for memorandum, who doesn't like getting a good memo?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

hey, y'all! Excited for the game. So you all know, I'm in the middle of a 2 week intensive for a graduate program I'm starting--the program is mostly online, but we're in the midst of our first in person seminar--I will not be able to be playing a whole lot. But after that i'm all good. So, I'll be around when I can, but my days and nights are both a bit insane right now.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 213
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Ah, DVD players are my jam!
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Oh man, a completely closed setup, and no player list to boot? Waiting for some random dog named after the Moon to start voting in the poll.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

I'm thinking that voting for Personell will reveal the player list. Which would be a nice place to start. I voted there.
Wonder what Management or Memo will do, if anything. Reveal upper management roles maybe? Memo=win conditions or something?

DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 62

Post by DFaraday »

Scotty wrote:I'm thinking that voting for Personell will reveal the player list. Which would be a nice place to start. I voted there.
Wonder what Management or Memo will do, if anything. Reveal upper management roles maybe? Memo=win conditions or something?
Maybe personnel will be the player list and management will be abilities or something. But Memo sounds like a wild card option, so I'll go with that. I've never found it helpful (at least to me personally) to hypothesize too much over Day 0 options.

*votes Memo*
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 62

Post by Enrique »

Going with the underdog here.
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DFaraday wrote:
Scotty wrote:I'm thinking that voting for Personell will reveal the player list. Which would be a nice place to start. I voted there.
Maybe personnel will be the player list and management will be abilities or something. But Memo sounds like a wild card option, so I'll go with that. I've never found it helpful (at least to me personally) to hypothesize too much over Day 0 options.

*votes Memo*
I just figure they have to mean something. I also love to analyze every little bit I can.

And the player list magically showed up, so there goes my theory. Maybe it's the employee list?

timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 81

Post by timmer »

Hello, all, this is le me, checking in. I'll be working a lot for the next few days, but c'est la vie :) Happy to be in a game again!
My siggie.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 20

Post by Spacedaisy »

voted for Personnel, seems most likely to be a role list reveal or something of that sort I hope. :shrug:

Also, yay game!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Just in case:

Resurrection Ship

You never know! :grin:

Serge
The Mark
Posts in topic: 91

Post by Serge »

Let me get this straight, we can't roleplay?
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)

Post by Ricochet »

Epignosis wrote: So Say We All!
1313 Athena Way
New Caprica, 67

Dear Ricochet,

Games about numbers people are afraid of is really a niche market, and I fear you will have a difficult time finding the type of business you are seeking, particularly in this part of the globe.

My suggestion is that you stick to things people appreciate for themes, such as racial genocide or the subjugation of women. Those will assuredly have wider draws.

On a personal note, I am a huge fan of your work. Your evaluations with the Prog Archives Eclectic Team are second to none. You really put Simon Railton in his place!

Sincerely,
Epignosis

EPI:vdgg
I'll make up for it with games in which people will play mafia in their dreams or about annoying 8-bit dogs.

Hmm, no wait... still sounds nichey.

And hol' up, you got a street named after yourself, while I've been reassigned to HR at some paper company?

:suspish:

P.S.: I sure hope Simon Railton died during the Fall.
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 60

Post by fingersplints »

I am choosing Personnel because it reminds me of my favorite episode. In Stress Relief, Michael teaks Dwight that he is taking a "personnel" day instead of a "personal" day after the office makes fun of Michael in a professional roast.
Gro-oo-ovy
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 13

Post by G-Man »

Serge wrote:Let me get this straight, we can't roleplay?
That's what she said.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I was going to vote management until I saw this. It makes sense, so I will vote personnel.
DFaraday wrote:

*votes Memo*
Good to see you timmer!!
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Elohcin wrote:I was going to vote management until I saw this. It makes sense, so I will vote personnel.
DFaraday wrote:

*votes Memo*
Good to see you timmer!!
Timmer was not in that post :confused: Also "Memorandum" sounds more like information than "wild card"; if anything "Management" sounds wild card, since it is harder to correlate to a game mechanic.
Dom wrote:
The Office
There's Been A Murder¡

All powers secret.

Civilians (19):
Michael
Jim
Dwight
Pam
Ryan
Stanley
Phyllis
Andy
Angela
Creed
Kelly
Kevin
Darryl
Meredith
Oscar
Erin
Holly
Toby
Nellie

Corporate (5):
David Wallace
Jo
Jan
Gabe
Robert California

Weirdos + Karen (5):
Packer
Karen
Roy
Moze
Nate

The SCRANTON STRANGLER (1)
I was leaning Personnel, but then I looked in the original submission thread, and there was no role descriptions, but there was a list of roles. So if Personnel = role list, meh. Although it is possible it changed.

Are there also episodes named "Management" or "Memorandum"?

@ Dom Does anyone have info on poll options?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

S~V~S wrote:
Elohcin wrote:I was going to vote management until I saw this. It makes sense, so I will vote personnel.
DFaraday wrote:

*votes Memo*
Good to see you timmer!!
Timmer was not in that post :confused: Also "Memorandum" sounds more like information than "wild card"; if anything "Management" sounds wild card, since it is harder to correlate to a game mechanic.
Dom wrote:
The Office
There's Been A Murder¡

All powers secret.

Civilians (19):
Michael
Jim
Dwight
Pam
Ryan
Stanley
Phyllis
Andy
Angela
Creed
Kelly
Kevin
Darryl
Meredith
Oscar
Erin
Holly
Toby
Nellie

Corporate (5):
David Wallace
Jo
Jan
Gabe
Robert California

Weirdos + Karen (5):
Packer
Karen
Roy
Moze
Nate

The SCRANTON STRANGLER (1)
I was leaning Personnel, but then I looked in the original submission thread, and there was no role descriptions, but there was a list of roles. So if Personnel = role list, meh. Although it is possible it changed.

Are there also episodes named "Management" or "Memorandum"?

@ Dom Does anyone have info on poll options?
I am going to ignore your question here. :p

But what I will say is that that role list has changed significantly. I wouldn't trust that. The role list may or may not fill in as time goes on.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Serge wrote:Let me get this straight, we can't roleplay?
I would not reccomend roleplaying your role unless you want everyone to know who you are and what those consequences may be.

However, I highly encourage referencing the show as much as humanly possible. :D Maybe you take on a character that isn't your role.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Thanks Dom, I did not expect an answer to the info question, but I had to ask.

Also, thanks for the clarification about the role list. I waffled a bit about PMing you that it was still there or just posting it.
rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 16

Post by rabbit8 »

I like waffles...
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 186

Post by Epignosis »

I don't know The Office well enough to know if "Personnel" is spelled incorrectly on purpose or not. :ponder:

I cannot in good conscience vote for it either way.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 20

Post by DrWilgy »

Hello everyone, my name is DrWilgy and I am most definitely not a doctor. I'm analytical 10% of the time and lazy 90% of the time. I like memes and hope that we all have fun playing together. Perhaps no one will lose their life this time.

@Svs, did you really think you'd get a yes or no answer out of that from Dom?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

DrWilgy wrote:Hello everyone, my name is DrWilgy and I am most definitely not a doctor. I'm analytical 10% of the time and lazy 90% of the time. I like memes and hope that we all have fun playing together. Perhaps no one will lose their life this time.

@Svs, did you really think you'd get a yes or no answer out of that from Dom?
No, hence my reply:
S~V~S wrote:Thanks Dom, I did not expect an answer to the info question, but I had to ask.

Also, thanks for the clarification about the role list. I waffled a bit about PMing you that it was still there or just posting it.
It never hurts to ask.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Bullzeye »

'Sup. Voting for management because why not.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Matt »

Bullzeye wrote:'Sup. Voting for management because why not.
:fiesta: Bullz is here!

I voted Memo cuz reasons.
Image Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Having worked in multiple offices, I am going to vote for Management.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 7

Post by sig »

I'll vote Memo
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Hit submit instead of "full editor"

... generally a Memo is self serving twaddle someone writes & sends to increase the appearance of their own importance. Although Dom has said the list may have changed, I am OK with the basic list from the original game submission thread. Management, on the other hand, has access to most info, although they seldom actually access it or do anything with it.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

S~V~S wrote:Hit submit instead of "full editor"

... generally a Memo is self serving twaddle someone writes & sends to increase the appearance of their own importance. Although Dom has said the list may have changed, I am OK with the basic list from the original game submission thread. Management, on the other hand, has access to most info, although they seldom actually access it or do anything with it.
Well I think Memos are cool so neener neener :goofp:
Image Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

They are cool to write, not so much to read ha ha ha, in my experience.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

SVS - How come you posted a possible role list for this game which shows Corporate as bad guys and then go on to vote for Management in the poll? :ponder:
Image Image Image Image
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

S~V~S wrote:
DFaraday wrote:

*votes Memo*
Good to see you timmer!!
@ SVS - I know I didn't quote timmer in my last post. THe main part of my post (what I was going to vote for) refers to the back and forth of Scotty and DF. Timmer posted a few posts before mine and I thought it would be nice to say hi since he hasn't been around in a while. Why did you feel the need to point out that I didn't quote him when I said hello to him? I'm wary of your confusion.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 60

Post by fingersplints »

Matt wrote:SVS - How come you posted a possible role list for this game which shows Corporate as bad guys and then go on to vote for Management in the poll? :ponder:
Management is also listed under civilians....
Gro-oo-ovy
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Matt wrote:SVS - How come you posted a possible role list for this game which shows Corporate as bad guys and then go on to vote for Management in the poll? :ponder:
In her defense, the two can be mutually exclusive. management doesn't necessarily mean it's corporate

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Elohcin wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
DFaraday wrote:

*votes Memo*
Good to see you timmer!!
@ SVS - I know I didn't quote timmer in my last post. THe main part of my post (what I was going to vote for) refers to the back and forth of Scotty and DF. Timmer posted a few posts before mine and I thought it would be nice to say hi since he hasn't been around in a while. Why did you feel the need to point out that I didn't quote him when I said hello to him? I'm wary of your confusion.
I thought it was weird that you replied to a post from Scotty & Faraday with a reply to Timmer, as I said. Mafia = pointing out things you find to be weird :shrug:

Linki @ Splints, so are you thinking it would benefit civvies, or the opposite? I note that votes are changeable, so discussing the options more is a good thing.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

+1 to SVS for ignoring me as a good civvie should do

-1 to FS and Scotty for rushing to her defense w/o letting her answer first.
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”