64%

Total votes: 14
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 62

Re: [Day Eight] The Office Mafia

Post by DFaraday »

LoRab wrote:
DFaraday wrote:If Enrique doesn't bother showing up again I think we're done. And Timmer is pretty hit or miss.
you know you posted this after the lynch ended, right?
Yeah, I wasn't dead yet at the time, so why not?

And wow, we really didn't stand a chance. Good work baddies, and good job fighting the good fight, DB.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Quin »

Well I guessed 2/5 right :shrug2:

What happened with leetic and elohcin? I was sure eloh was bad and that leetic was todd.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

congrats baddies, btw. we didnt stand a chance.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 186

Post by Epignosis »

That was...the easiest game ever turned stressful as hell at the last.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 315

Post by DrumBeats »

First off - Sorry SVS and TH for being wrong about you.

Secondly, I'm dumb about bringing Scotty back. DFaraday gave me a rubber band and it reflected an action on me the night before TH voted bea, so I thought that was the action. Turns out it was the nightkill on me that was redirected onto Scotty. Shit I'm sorry I dropped the ball on that, but 4/5 in endgame isn't bad. I just wish I pieced it together sooner. Great game everybody.

Third - I was Todd. Hence trying to set up the lynch on myself or Epi at the end.
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DrumBeats »

Very well played Epi/LoRab/Scotty.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

DFaraday wrote:
LoRab wrote:
DFaraday wrote:If Enrique doesn't bother showing up again I think we're done. And Timmer is pretty hit or miss.
you know you posted this after the lynch ended, right?
Yeah, I wasn't dead yet at the time, so why not?

And wow, we really didn't stand a chance. Good work baddies, and good job fighting the good fight, DB.
I just meant that it seemed like a plea for Enrique to show up. And it was too late for him to do so.

Also, we'd been hoping he'd show up for several cycles, so there's that.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

DrumBeats wrote:First off - Sorry SVS and TH for being wrong about you.

Secondly, I'm dumb about bringing Scotty back. DFaraday gave me a rubber band and it reflected an action on me the night before TH voted bea, so I thought that was the action. Turns out it was the nightkill on me that was redirected onto Scotty. Shit I'm sorry I dropped the ball on that, but 4/5 in endgame isn't bad. I just wish I pieced it together sooner. Great game everybody.

Third - I was Todd. Hence trying to set up the lynch on myself or Epi at the end.

i thought you were bad since the moment i died. :p
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 137
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Thanks for killing me, jerks. :meany:
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

We figured you for Todd a while back. It's why we didn't even imagine trying to lynch you. And the one time we tried to kill you, we retargeted you so that you'd kill someone else. But you were protected that night.
DrumBeats wrote:Very well played Epi/LoRab/Scotty.
Thank you. And sorry to everyone we were horrible to as baddies. We were just doing our job.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

We figured out you were Todd, and tried to kill you while redirecting your power onto someone else. We were...annoyed that Scotty got removed alone. I used my camera on you to find out what your item did that same night, so we did at least know that.

We were also worried for a while that DFaraday was instead Toby, but when he switched his vote, we knew that wasn't the case.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 87

Post by Dom »

bea - Phyllis
BWT - Erin
JJJ - Moze
Indiglo - Dwight
DFaraday - Darryl
Drumbeats - Packer
Wilgy - Creed
Elohcin - Andy
Enrique - Ryan
Epignosis - David Wallace
Fingersplints - Oscar
Espers - Gabe
Insertnamehere - Meredith
leetic - Toby
LoRab - Jo
Matt - Angela
Quin - Holly
Rabbit8 - Jim
Scotty - Jan
Serge- Stanley
Turnip Head - Kelly
Sorsha - The Scranton Strangler
Spacedaisy - Bandit
SVS - Pam
Timmer - Michael
Juliets - Kevin
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Quin wrote:congrats baddies, btw. we didnt stand a chance.
If by this you mean the civvies squandered every single chance they had, yes you are right.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Dom, seriously, this was a great game. Thank you. You brought the joy back to mafia.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Thanks for killing me, jerks. :meany:
I wanted to toy with you a while. Scotty was scared of you. :p

Your death ended up being part of a larger scheme.

Scotty had BTSC with Eloh, and she told him she was Andy. She killed leetic (I think). We killed her. Then I pretended to be Andy the rest of the way, which paid dividends when TH chose me for BTSC. I made like I was Andy and I killed you (hence my remarks after your death).

That's why TH and I were vouching for each other, and why I was absolutely pleased that DB wanted TH's head before mind.

Turnip Head, you don't owe me one. This is me paying you back for Harry Potter. :srsnod:
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 62

Post by DFaraday »

Dom wrote:
If by this you mean the civvies squandered every single chance they had, yes you are right.
Hey, I was trying to make my items as powerful as you'd let me. :P
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

LoRab wrote:Dom, seriously, this was a great game. Thank you. You brought the joy back to mafia.
Wow-- this is a compliment I did not expect. Thank you-- :)
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

DFaraday wrote:
Dom wrote:
Hey, I was trying to make my items as powerful as you'd let me. :P
I only said no once. :D

You also forgot to send it to someone one night. ;)

Also-- look at the thread length.
People also blindly trusted Scotty in BTSC. I was shocked by that.
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DrumBeats »

Also, Dom, what happened with SVS's vote then? Was it not forced or was it an item or something?

Also, thanks for hosting Dom!
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Quin fairly blatantly stated that his vote was forced. As compensation, we got an extra force of a vote.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote:

Scotty had BTSC with Eloh, and she told him she was Andy. She killed leetic (I think). We killed her. Then I pretended to be Andy the rest of the way, which paid dividends when TH chose me for BTSC. I made like I was Andy and I killed you (hence my remarks after your death).

That's why TH and I were vouching for each other, and why I was absolutely pleased that DB wanted TH's head before mind.

Turnip Head, you don't owe me one. This is me paying you back for Harry Potter. :srsnod:
Whenever you said you were perfectly fine with TH being lynched before you I was like :evileye:

Also, my bad about the whole "I think he's bad" right after my death post. I didn't get a linki or I wouldn't have let that into the thread.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

LoRab wrote:Quin fairly blatantly stated that his vote was forced. As compensation, we got an extra force of a vote.
:p my bad.

Dom, let's settle this lie detector thing once and for all. My statement WAS checkable, yes?
ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

LoRab wrote:Quin fairly blatantly stated that his vote was forced. As compensation, we got an extra force of a vote.
I forgot to tell Quin that he should not make it obvious his vote was forced. I gave them an extra one to compensate for my screw up.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Quin wrote:

Dom, let's settle this lie detector thing once and for all. My statement WAS checkable, yes?
Yes, dom. Please settle this.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Whenever you said you were perfectly fine with TH being lynched before you I was like :evileye:

Also, my bad about the whole "I think he's bad" right after my death post. I didn't get a linki or I wouldn't have let that into the thread.
I didn't even try to be a civilian in this one.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Quin wrote:

i don't remember what your statement was anymore. :p Can you pullit back up?

Lie detectors are tricky. It's case by case. It's blow by blow. I tried (and I think, failed) to create guidelines for you. I beleive I would have allowed your statement to be checked had SVS actually checked it, if memory serves correct.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I'm really just trying to come up with something that hints the importance of not lynching me that can be backed up by a lie detector and also doesn't break the info dumping rule.

Would something like

'Alignment aside, if I am lynched, the mafia will be given a significant advantage over the town in the next night phase.' work?
And you replied with...
Dom wrote:That's fine!
ImageImageImageImage
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DrumBeats »

Ohhhhhh. I'm at least happy I was right in that it wasn't an item or some other secret role. I'm not used to dealing with situations like this that come up with the no info-dumping clause so I never would have thought of that.

Also, sorry to all townies that I couldn't handle endgame better - but it is very hard when most of the active players are dead and based on the information I had, it seemed to me like TH was bad.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DrumBeats wrote:
Ohhhhhh. I'm at least happy I was right in that it wasn't an item or some other secret role. I'm not used to dealing with situations like this that come up with the no info-dumping clause so I never would have thought of that.

Also, sorry to all townies that I couldn't handle endgame better - but it is very hard when most of the active players are dead and based on the information I had, it seemed to me like TH was bad.
DrumBeats, I hope you didn't take offense when I called you a clown. I really meant nothing by it at all, I hope you can see.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I just remembered that on the day that I was lynched, I was just about to put a vote on Epi based on him not voting to reveal baddie roles.

If I had maybe this game would've ended differently. :nicenod:
ImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Quin wrote:
I'm really just trying to come up with something that hints the importance of not lynching me that can be backed up by a lie detector and also doesn't break the info dumping rule.

Would something like

'Alignment aside, if I am lynched, the mafia will be given a significant advantage over the town in the next night phase.' work?
And you replied with...
Which is a statement of claim. Unlike the statements you were theorizing one could post to be checked. The quotes contain a factual statement that could be checked, that you knew the answer to, and weren't speculating about.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Also, Turnip Head, sorry for the bullshit. You know it was just business. I still had a good time talking with you.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

LoRab wrote:
Quin wrote:

Would something like

And you replied with...
Which is a statement of claim. Unlike the statements you were theorizing one could post to be checked. The quotes contain a factual statement that could be checked, that you knew the answer to, and weren't speculating about.
Okay Dom, would Pam have been able to check my claim that items were in the game, even though I had no idea? Keep in mind it was structured as 'There are items in this game'

Although, Darryl must have been surprised that I guessed that. I honestly had no idea :haha:
ImageImageImageImage
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DrumBeats »

Epignosis wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:

DrumBeats, I hope you didn't take offense when I called you a clown. I really meant nothing by it at all, I hope you can see.
I took no offense because I knew you were mafia just trying to discredit me, which you did a fantastic job at. No hard feelings at all there.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DrumBeats wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:

I took no offense because I knew you were mafia just trying to discredit me, which you did a fantastic job at. No hard feelings at all there.
You were the best civilian in this game- no question.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Quin wrote:

Would something like

And you replied with...
I would have allowed that yes.
Quin wrote:
LoRab wrote:
Quin wrote:

Would something like

And you replied with...
Okay Dom, would Pam have been able to check my claim that items were in the game, even though I had no idea? Keep in mind it was structured as 'There are items in this game'

Although, Darryl must have been surprised that I guessed that. I honestly had no idea :haha:
I would read the whole post with Pam (SVS) and we'd make a decision together.

I'm truly not going to go through case by case with anyone here and decide, retroactively what was LD checkable because that is a rather pointless exercise.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 23
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Congrats bad guys! You played a great game and deserved the win (well, I don't know about enrique). I thought both Epi and Lorab were good. Ha! Which leads me to a question. Why did you kill me before I'd even gotten my footing in the game especially since I thought two of you were good, though I may have only mentioned Epi? And I had a role that didn't have much power. Thanks for your answer in advance.

Dom you did a great job. Thanks for the game.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

You did a great job, DrumBeats. It didn't all go your way, but shit happens. Town needed someone to step into the spotlight and try to lead the charge, and you were more than capable in that role. I hope you continue playing on The Syndicate with us, we can use your pro-civilian methodology. You're a fun guy to work with.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:You did a great job, DrumBeats. It didn't all go your way, but shit happens. Town needed someone to step into the spotlight and try to lead the charge, and you were more than capable in that role. I hope you continue playing on The Syndicate with us, we can use your pro-civilian methodology. You're a fun guy to work with.
Ten times this.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

juliets wrote:Congrats bad guys! You played a great game and deserved the win (well, I don't know about enrique). I thought both Epi and Lorab were good. Ha! Which leads me to a question. Why did you kill me before I'd even gotten my footing in the game especially since I thought two of you were good, though I may have only mentioned Epi? And I had a role that didn't have much power. Thanks for your answer in advance.

Dom you did a great job. Thanks for the game.
We killed you because there was never any chance of you getting lynched. Just basic Mafia 101 really.
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DrumBeats »

Thank you guys for the kind words. I really appreciate it after this game, because I doubted myself a ton on this one tbh.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 213
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

:grin:
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Has juliets ever been lynched in her life?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Has juliets ever been lynched in her life?
I got her lynched Day 2 in Doctor Who (we were both good, and then I got lynched, and subbed in as bad). That's the only time I can think of.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DrumBeats wrote:Thank you guys for the kind words. I really appreciate it after this game, because I doubted myself a ton on this one tbh.
You were most definitely a force to be reckoned with, and ironically I would qualify you as the civ MVP AND the Maria's MVP. You had no idea, and I'm terribly sorry I played you like that. Especially after I tried (and failed) to kill you. Kudos to your play this game, sir.

Our team hasn't seen Enrique or espers in like 3 days, so that was a fun obstacle.

I also want to formally apologize to bea, who will probably never trust me again.
I convinced her that she got recruited to a separate team at another paper branch. It was quite thorough. In doing so I convinced her that I had already recruited LoRab and that she was no longer a civ, but lived or died for our little team. So whenever she went to bat for me and LoRab, that was why. And she totally lost because of it. She then told me all about Phyllis and we weren't afraid to use the doctor against the civs :feb:
I was seriously having a moral crisis about it, but know that it was only a game, bea. I do mean everything I said in regards to your work though bea. And I know you can pull through it. :bighug:

The toughest cookie to crack was DFaraday. He didn't want to share anything with me in BTSC, which everyone else did so thoroughly (except timmer, who told me he was Michael and that lynching him would give him "power." So we made sure to not lynch him after that). I figured out DF was Darryl however right after I asked him about items and he answered in some weird metaphorical riddle about not possessing items that it just clicked.

Fun game, Dom! We were cruising until that DB rubber band fiasco. If we had killed ANYONE else, we probably would have won without losing ANYONE on the team..
And fun chatting with my scum partners! :workit: Lol Epi was so bad all game and no one called him on how obvious he was being.

Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Golden »

I was also impressed with DrumBeats, from both this and BSG, even as I knew that he was wrong about TH and leading the town to oblivion... they would have been in oblivion without the effort anyway.

Bringing back scotty was so fun. I usually root for the town but in that one instance I had to root for the baddies.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Scotty
Jeff

Re: [ENDGAME] The Office Mafia

Post by Scotty »

So it would appear that leetic was killed by Sorsha on N2.
Did she try and kill anyone on N4?

That would make more sense than Elo shooting leetic. When I talked to Elo in chat, we talked about possibly shooting Matt :grin:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

At no point after my death did I regret publicly claiming my independence.

Until the resurrection poll. :mad:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:You did a great job, DrumBeats. It didn't all go your way, but shit happens. Town needed someone to step into the spotlight and try to lead the charge, and you were more than capable in that role. I hope you continue playing on The Syndicate with us, we can use your pro-civilian methodology. You're a fun guy to work with.
Ten times this.
I concur. I don't normally name MVPs, but DrumBeats would definitely get the civ title here.

Leetic was Toby so Sorsha lost her power.
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 73

Post by indiglo »

This was one of the most hilarious games to watch as a deadie. It was so obvious to me (once I got back from my trip & could pay attention to the game again, but then got killed) who the baddie team was. I was laughing hysterically when Scotty got rezzed. I could not believe it. But you know the thing about dead hindsight. It really is easier to see things when you're not in the thick of it. I'm not sure why, but it is. Plus, I knew Epi was lying about being silenced, because I never silenced him! That's one reason I was begging to come back - to call him out. :fist:

Drumbeats, I felt you were a gentleman all game, even when things went to pot. And that, to me, is the pinnacle of mafia. Bravo to you, sir. :clap:
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl

Return to “Previous Jobs”