Total votes: 12
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 6
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: A Mafia of Unfortunate Events [END GAME]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

This was probably the best all-around game I've seen from sig. He was on point, assertive, and didn't even suffer the kind of random suspicion he often seems to attract. :srsnod:

It was great seeing the mix of characters in this game, from long-time Syndicate veterans, to players who've been around a while but not necessarily played often, and to brand new faces from elsewhere on the Internet. I hope y'all stick around and play some more games with us.

Nacho, I still need to play a non-hydra game with you as agreed. :grin:
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 263
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: A Mafia of Unfortunate Events [NIGHT 3]

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Hey guys.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Wilgy, Golden, Marco, MP, Zebra, Sorsha

Imo, the vig should target those people first. In whatever order they prefer.

Nothing personal guys, but I doubt more than two of you will manage to catch up before the game is over.
3 baddies, 1 cult leader and only 2 civs.

:mafia:
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 547

Post by Golden »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Hey guys.

Nothing personal guys, but I doubt more than two of you will manage to catch up before the game is over.

Lol, and I was so sure soneji was bad that all I could think with that post was 'why did he leave off soneji?'

Of course, I knew I was never vigging myself lol
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 235

Post by sig »

Awwww Yall are going to make me blush. Great game everyone and golden was spot on with his kills, so was quin until he got recruited. :pout:

Thanks DF! Even though I probably gave you a headache with all my questions and items. :p

I'll post the items I made once I get my hands on my laptop. Until then just know they were great. :srsnod:

Also mp why didn't you recruit me!
Oh and why did the guardians try to kill me?
Oh and epi why did you use my item on Camilate and not Olaf? You made me super paranoid with that.
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I was actually sort of surprised mp didn't recruit me
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 235

Post by sig »

Golden wrote:I was actually sort of surprised mp didn't recruit me
That was my biggest worry sending any items to people.
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Good game you guys! Congrats to the winners! Great job to both sig and golden. I really enjoyed following this game in the chat, wish more dead people had joined.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 79
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Good game all! I personally had the worst of the luck but overall the town was on point! And yeah, Sig did great this game!
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 331
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I really enjoyed playing with Quin and Jack.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Ha! I was going to thank Straus for believing in me, but I just had to trust my own luck, because no one believed in me as usual. Snow Dog exemption from that. :noble:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

What was the case on Sorsha, by the way?
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Dom »

Nice game, everyone! Thank you DFaraday for giving me a second chance :)

As Josephine I NEVER got any info which is why I could sub back in. I was blocked N1 (I suspect LC knew that) and I was absent Night 2. I was lynched Day 3.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 408

Post by Epignosis »

sig wrote: Oh and epi why did you use my item on Camilate and not Olaf? You made me super paranoid with that.
I wasn't dare going to use that item of a role that says:
COUNT OLAF'S TROUPE (4) Kill every odd night. Need the civvies and Ghastly Guardians dead to win.
Count Olaf – He is obsessed with the Baudelaire fortune, and will stop at nothing to get it. Olaf is a master of digsuise, so if role checked he will come back as a random civvie. SECRET
That had the potential to waste the item. Furthermore, I wanted to have a crack at the other team, since we knew nothing whatsoever about them. I also didn't want to choose a role with secrets. Learning that Wilgy was bad and was dead is what ultimately solidified my suspicion of Eloh, and I was able to push that with confidence. Not that I was given much freedom to do otherwise, since I almost got lynched that same day. :meany:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 283
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Long Con wrote:What was the case on Sorsha, by the way?
Everyone but Dom in the civvies had BTSC with someone and the VFD and cult were known.

That left Sorsha and Dom. Dom managed to lynch you so the town figured he was the super voter.....though with as many votes as you bid on the bowl, a single voter would have made it a coin flip.

I held out basically waiting for Dom. I was pretty dang sure it was Sorsha but Golden was eyeing me. I would have sided with the scum/cult if it was up to me cause I trusted Sorsha, Quin, Daisy and MP not to kill me more than I trusted Sig, Golden, Dom and DDL not to. If Sorsha had a buddy or was innocent, her lynch would have potentially lost me the game and I was willing to take 100% tomorrow over 99% today. Plus, if Dom was Jerome, I figured it wasn't up to me and the town would win. I had Sig pegged as the other townie mason after DDL basically vouched for him. Didn't realize it was a temporary BTSC. Golden didn't know how right he was about there being trust or not. I wanted Quin to win but I wasn't gonna sacrifice my win to help him. I just trusted him more. Figured the town would (perhaps rightly) sacrifice me to win with the cult while cult would (perhaps also rightly) sacrifice the town to win with me.

Good game, town, especially Sig and Golden.

Fist bump to LC and Quin. So glad to get teammates and also not be scum for my first game. Too bad we didn't know Dom was Jerome or we could have still lynched Sorsha yesterday and got a win for Quin.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Here's the Kit business.
DFaraday wrote:You are Kit Snicket. You may not be killed prior to Day 4. Each night you may send a message to the host. Any surviving Baudelaires will receive it.
Night 1:
Epignosis wrote:Dear Baudelaires,

I hope this message reaches you and reaches you well. I regret that I don't have any insight on the death of Hal, unfortunately. At this stage I can only ask that you refrain from voting for anyone who has changed residences today.

When it is convenient, Violet, if you could be a dear, please include a confused face in one of your posts. You are such a clever girl that no one will suspect you of being bewildered!

Klaus , because you like to read, I would like you to include a fighting image in one your posts. Some men fight with their brawn, but reading men fight with their brains.

And finally, Sunny, with your razor sharp teeth, please post a face showing his teeth three times in a row in the same post. Show me those pearly whites! :D :D :D

Now I must go have a dose of salts.

Yours truly,
Kit
Night 2:
Epignosis wrote:Dearest Baudelaires-

Yesterday was a good day; I am pleased.

First, I will share with you why I thought Long Con was good. Due to his "Don't count your chickens" remark about getting lynched, I interpreted that to be a signal that Long Con was Hector. However, when the tied lynch was neither stopped nor switched, I determined that Long Con is not Hector, because he would not have taken such a risk. He would have either stopped the lynch or switched it to the person he voted for. He may yet be Justice Strauss, but that doesn't explain his comment about chickens. I do not suspect him, but I don't believe he is Hector.

Second, I trust sig. I think he saw something in Glorfindel's activities that made him immediately question sprityo upon replacing in. None of that suggests that sig was a teammate looking for easy credit. I also doubt sig is on the opposing team.

Unfortunately, and third, I only detected one of three of my proposed signals. I fear that Scotty may have been one of you. I hope we may try again:

Violet, please post this at some point: :smile:

Klaus, please post this at some point: :clap:

Sunny, please post this at some point: :hugs:

I will be the man smoking two cigarettes. :mafia:

-Kit
Night 3:
Epignosis wrote:Darling Baudelaires-

Yesterday was abysmal (maybe), but we can only blame ourselves. May the experience ever motivate us all to perform our proper duties to the best of our ability.

Violet, if you invent something useful, why not send it my way? I like things.

I fear we may have lost poor Klaus, or else he isn't checking his mail.

You have blood on your hands, Sunny, but you can't be blamed- what was to be was going to be. Speaking of blood, if you're still keen on taking some Night 4, my best suggestion is Elohcin. She is barely participating, and perhaps she is hiding behind her uninformed ways to coast by. That's a terrible strategy (short term gain, long term loss, I say), but I believe that is what she is doing. In any case whatsoever, she isn't helpful to us. If you would be a dear and remove her, that would be grand.

Klaus, if you are alive and reading this, please post the following sentence at any time Day 4:

"I was going to disagree with you, but the more I think about it, the more I like what you're saying."

Feel free to quote me at any point if you must. You are very important, and never let anyone tell you differently.

It's getting late children. Lock your windows.

-Kit
Night 4:
Epignosis wrote:Deadly Baudelaires,

Yesterday was ghastly, but the circumstances were not in our favor given the nature of the poll. We may only brush ourselves off and do what tomorrow bids us do, should we live to see the light.

Violet, I do hope you know what you are doing with your gadgets and gizmos. We are starting to reach the point where we will need to rely on the mafia voting for and killing one another, and that's not the best position to be in, believe you me. Also, if you could make a miraculous weight-loss device on this New Years Day, that would be great too.

Klaus, I do hope you are alive and well. At your earliest convenience, please ask in the thread, "Who the hell is LaMarcus Aldridge?" or some such thing. We'll know what you mean. And do try to catch up and post more, hmm?

Sunny, I trust you to eliminate whomever it is you feel should be removed. I hope your choice tonight is a good one, even if not a golden one. I think you are doing a great job in every respect.

It is unacceptable that a lot of people who were not on the poll contributed very little to the discussion, or did so in a very limited fashion. Sorsha's contributions boil my blood, for example. Aside from talk about Eloh, Long Con did little but discuss roles and mechanics. Again.

Alas, I rather feel like we are going about this backwards, and should be lynching people who look good. Does that make any sense? Perhaps I'm just becoming paranoid. I apologize if I have not been very good at finding the Troupe or the Guardians. The limited poll options were undesirable. The level of discussion was not wide enough. And it isn't helpful that Dom isn't posting or trying to help. Hopefully that changes. I know it sounds like I'm making excuses. But there it is.

As a wise man once told me, "We just strive to do better than we did yesterday."

-Kit
Also Night 4:
Epignosis wrote:
DFaraday wrote:Violet has gifted you with the following:

Limited Edition Baudelaire Action Pack: You’ve received the best invention of all! A Baudelaire action pack, which is limited edition, based on the three most beautiful lovely amazing awesome adverb using children in the world. You will be able to use one of the three powers listed, so choose wisely.
1. Limited edition Violet Utility Belt: You may create one item for your use, this item cannot have a killing ability. This item is created all specifications of it will be reported back to Violet, as well as when it is used and any information garnered from its use.
2. Limited Edition Sunny’s Loose Tooth: This tooth will allow you to kill one player of your choice, it will appear in the write up as a kill by “Sunny’s Loose Tooth.” This tooth will also inform the player and Violet of what role the dead player possessed.
3. Limited Edition Klaus Glasses: These glasses will allow you to inspect one role, learning who possess it. Violet will also be informed of the results.
Very good sir.

I'll take door #3. I want to know who Carmelita Spats is.
Night 5:
Epignosis wrote:Distant Baudelaires,

Yesterday was rather harrowing, I am afraid. I should not be put under such duress. My constitution is not fit for such encounters. It often feels like people are deliberately ignoring the most obvious things in favor of believing the most ludicrous. Also, it appears we are without Klaus.

To add to my troubles, moths have eaten holes in two of my suits. I must have a dose of salts. :pout:

On to the good news:

Violet was darling enough to send me the most precious gift, and with it, I discovered that DrWilgy was that dreadful Carmelita Spats. Therefore we can be sure at least two ghastlies have exited stage left, as it were, if not more. I recommend looking through his posts as well as those of the departed Elohcin's to determine who is not in cahoots with them and who may yet be.

Once again, I like sig's confidence- this time regarding MM. He was right about Glorfindel, so perhaps he is right again. That is an avenue I shall be exploring more in depth, should I be able.

As far as I know, I have not been blocked at all- if none of you have, it may mean that The Person of Indeterminate Gender is now The Person of Indeterminate Alive-Status. Something to think about.

I have my doubts that Long Con is bad with Elohcin and DrWilgy, but his present behavior is concerning. What if the Day 2 lynch was between two members of the Troupe? I haven't thought this through, and my time is limited, as I am pressed to get this letter to the courier on time.

Oh, and I am under the impression that Golden is Hector.

-Kit

P.S. Please don't miss any more votes- the life you save may be your own. Or mine. xoxoxoxoxo
Night 6 I didn't get to send a letter. The Day ended early. Apparently my letter was moot by that point.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Golden wrote:

Lol, and I was so sure soneji was bad that all I could think with that post was 'why did he leave off soneji?'

Im used to Soneji's one post a day routine.

It doesn't mean he inactive or not caught up. He just playslike that.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Sig was theone who sent me the item. There was zero chance he could be mafia. Unless Olaf secretely could pretend to be Violet and send fake inventions, but not this kind of game.

Golden could still be Olaf fooling Sig's ability somehow, so that's a 2℅ chance of bad instead of 0℅ (according to an estimation I just pulled out of my ass)
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Ricochet »

6. Golden - Mr. Poe
6. Golden - Mr. Poe
6. Golden - Mr. Poe
6. Golden - Mr. Poe
Outrageous.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

This Mr. Poe is infinitely more useful than the one from the books!
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 119

Post by Snow Dog »

On night 2 I protected MP and on Night 3 I protected Epi who then goes and lynches me. Oh the injustice.

I would like to apologise to all the civs for being so absent this game. The Christmas period was harder for me to play than I initially thought.

Epi why did you initially say LC was a civ? Did you think he responded to your letter? What changed your mind.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Never mind that Epi I just read it in your letter.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Epi what did you mean by "ELSIEwhere? I was trying to work it out for ages,
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 36

Post by Soneji »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Golden wrote:

Im used to Soneji's one post a day routine.

It doesn't mean he inactive or not caught up. He just playslike that.
I was more active then usual this game, people just seemed to somehow forgive when anyone else was busy except me the time I did only post a couple times a phase.

Anyone who confuses post count for activity should be ashamed of themselves.

Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

Pretty much just got unlucky that the one person who had a weird hang-up with me was a situational vig. The roll of the dice got me in this one, along with doing work on Clash of the Hosts.

Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

Its funny how Golden's main reason of suspicion on me was for my suspicion on a member of the opposing mafia team :haha:

Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

The lesson here is that different mindsets for scumhunting will always get me suspected on this site. My reasoning was sound and I was right in that Zebra was a baddie trying to push lynches on false pretenses, yet Golden found my logic suspicious.

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 194
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Aghhhhh, this was a really tough game for me. The flip of the coin ruined me because my recruit attempts kept failing, and I tried to recruit Nacho the same Night he died. Town just zoomed too quickly to victory.

I was definitely RL-busy and laying low for most of the game for that reason, but if I had a different alignment/role, I would have made more of an effort to play harder -- I specifically was trying to lay low so that if I could use my lynch protection rather than NK protection first, since I wasn't really a threat to anyone so long as the game went on long enough. It was kinda nice not going balls to the wall for once too without replacing out of the game.

Sorry for ruining your chances to win, Daisy and Quin. I appreciate your assistance!

Thanks for the game nonetheless, DF! It was a lot of fun!
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Snow Dog wrote:Epi what did you mean by "ELSIEwhere? I was trying to work it out for ages,
ELSIEwhere = LCwhere

;)
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Epignosis wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:Epi what did you mean by "ELSIEwhere? I was trying to work it out for ages,
ELSIEwhere = LCwhere

;)
Oh Lord, is that all?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Snow Dog wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
ELSIEwhere = LCwhere

;)
Oh Lord, is that all?
Yeah, that's all. It wasn't a role hint or anything like that. :haha:

Also, I'm very sorry for leading a lynch against you. Just looking at the limited options that Day, I thought I was on the right track.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 88

Post by DFaraday »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Aghhhhh, this was a really tough game for me. The flip of the coin ruined me because my recruit attempts kept failing, and I tried to recruit Nacho the same Night he died. Town just zoomed too quickly to victory.

I was definitely RL-busy and laying low for most of the game for that reason, but if I had a different alignment/role, I would have made more of an effort to play harder -- I specifically was trying to lay low so that if I could use my lynch protection rather than NK protection first, since I wasn't really a threat to anyone so long as the game went on long enough. It was kinda nice not going balls to the wall for once too without replacing out of the game.

Sorry for ruining your chances to win, Daisy and Quin. I appreciate your assistance!

You were actually blocked twice. This game might have played out very differently had that not been the case.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Also, I'm never going to create a role with such vague guidelines as Violet's in the future. I had to keep holding Sig back from just steamrolling this game. :D No doubt he was essential to the civ win.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 194
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

DFaraday wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Aghhhhh, this was a really tough game for me. The flip of the coin ruined me because my recruit attempts kept failing, and I tried to recruit Nacho the same Night he died. Town just zoomed too quickly to victory.

You were actually blocked twice. This game might have played out very differently had that not been the case.
:sigh:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DF, what roles did INH choose?
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Epignosis wrote:DF, what roles did INH choose?
Olaf and Nero.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

What were the secrets?
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

On even nights, Olaf could submit the name of a player. If that player was a Baudelaire, they would die.

If Esme was the last surviving member of her team, she had the option of joining the Troupe.

Nothing earth-shattering, and neither secret ended up coming into play.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Everyone but Dom in the civvies had BTSC with someone and the VFD and cult were known.

That left Sorsha and Dom. Dom managed to lynch you so the town figured he was the super voter.....though with as many votes as you bid on the bowl, a single voter would have made it a coin flip.

I held out basically waiting for Dom. I was pretty dang sure it was Sorsha but Golden was eyeing me. I would have sided with the scum/cult if it was up to me cause I trusted Sorsha, Quin, Daisy and MP not to kill me more than I trusted Sig, Golden, Dom and DDL not to. If Sorsha had a buddy or was innocent, her lynch would have potentially lost me the game and I was willing to take 100% tomorrow over 99% today. Plus, if Dom was Jerome, I figured it wasn't up to me and the town would win. I had Sig pegged as the other townie mason after DDL basically vouched for him. Didn't realize it was a temporary BTSC. Golden didn't know how right he was about there being trust or not. I wanted Quin to win but I wasn't gonna sacrifice my win to help him. I just trusted him more. Figured the town would (perhaps rightly) sacrifice me to win with the cult while cult would (perhaps also rightly) sacrifice the town to win with me.

Fist bump to LC and Quin. So glad to get teammates and also not be scum for my first game. Too bad we didn't know Dom was Jerome or we could have still lynched Sorsha yesterday and got a win for Quin.
Oh, I was following along.

There's just certain folks that I don't understand casting a vote for Sorsha. Maybe because she didn't give the defense of "Why?" :shrug: Just seems kind of hypocritical to blast the idea of narrowing down suspects via 'knowledge', but then just go ahead and vote based on that. Maybe I'm missing something.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 46
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Long Con wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:

Oh, I was following along.

There's just certain folks that I don't understand casting a vote for Sorsha. Maybe because she didn't give the defense of "Why?" :shrug: Just seems kind of hypocritical to blast the idea of narrowing down suspects via 'knowledge', but then just go ahead and vote based on that. Maybe I'm missing something.
There did seem to be a lot of 'nudge nudge, wink wink' going on this game. I guess if you have secrets and info, and have engaged in BTSC in separate moments it makes it a lot easier to pick up on. For like 10 pages there over a phase ago, I had no idea what was going on or why some people were reaching the conclusions they were reaching. But if a game has this many secrets and powers without the ability to info dump, I completely understand why it went down the way it went down. Looking in from the outside, I was perpetually stumped and was like 'lol if I were bad I'd just vote out Epi and sig' as if I were the queen of space.

I don't know how to handle info yet in a non-info dumping game, and thankfully have never had to deal with that dilemma yet. But those of you that safeguard it and hint and shake invisible hands- well done. If I didn't have any knowledge, that kind of thing makes me immediately paranoid and untrusting, however.

I need to go play the peg game a few more times at Cracker Barrel and eventually I'll be on yall's level
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

I do think I had too much potential for BTSC and role knowledge in this game. Something I'll try to avoid in future games.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 46
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

DFaraday wrote:I do think I had too much potential for BTSC and role knowledge in this game. Something I'll try to avoid in future games.
Oh no DF you do you. That's just the baby of the beast. :shrug2:

I'm just saying it's like ordering a coffee and receiving a Venti Mint-Jive mocha chai tea latte with added whip, chocolate drizzle and coconut shavings for "Garth". My name ain't Garth, ms. barista, but I'll still drink it.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Scotty wrote:
DFaraday wrote:I do think I had too much potential for BTSC and role knowledge in this game. Something I'll try to avoid in future games.

I'm just saying it's like ordering a coffee and receiving a Venti Mint-Jive mocha chai tea latte with added whip, chocolate drizzle and coconut shavings for "Garth". My name ain't Garth, ms. barista, but I'll still drink it.
Well I mean, the last few days of the game had a lot of, "I'm just really really sure about him, you guys," which is something I don't like to experience when I'm playing, especially when someone ends up lynched just because nobody is vouching for them. Less BTSC and role checking would help with that, I think.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DFaraday wrote:
Scotty wrote:

Well I mean, the last few days of the game had a lot of, "I'm just really really sure about him, you guys," which is something I don't like to experience when I'm playing, especially when someone ends up lynched just because nobody is vouching for them. Less BTSC and role checking would help with that, I think.
Yes, and/or more deception possibilities. Public deception possibilities - even the mere idea of Olaf being a Seemer when lynched was enough to wrench up the works in a few places. Having one or two Seemers, a Trickster to mess with other people's (role-checking) abilities, and a couple of Olaf-style Godfather types goes a long way, I think.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Sig was theone who sent me the item. There was zero chance he could be mafia. Unless Olaf secretely could pretend to be Violet and send fake inventions, but not this kind of game.

Golden could still be Olaf fooling Sig's ability somehow, so that's a 2℅ chance of bad instead of 0℅ (according to an estimation I just pulled out of my ass)
But I put sig right through proof in thread that each of poems kills were me and backed it up with the mm kill that I promised as well.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Soneji wrote:Its funny how Golden's main reason of suspicion on me was for my suspicion on a member of the opposing mafia team :haha:
It wasn't that, it was the way it seemed entirely at odds with what you'd posted before that.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Soneji wrote:The lesson here is that different mindsets for scumhunting will always get me suspected on this site. My reasoning was sound and I was right in that Zebra was a baddie trying to push lynches on false pretenses, yet Golden found my logic suspicious.
And I also thought your sprit vote looked like a bus.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Yeah, the only possibility we had left which wasn't sorsha was Dom as Olaf.

What I was hoping would happen is the other five voted Dom. That way, if I was right about Dom, we would win by lynching sorsha, and if I were wrong about Dom, we'd win by lynching dom.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Golden wrote:Yeah, the only possibility we had left which wasn't sorsha was Dom as Olaf.

What I was hoping would happen is the other five voted Dom. That way, if I was right about Dom, we would win by lynching sorsha, and if I were wrong about Dom, we'd win by lynching dom.
That's what was going to happen, but DF cut it short because Dom wasn't Olaf.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Long Con wrote:
Golden wrote:Yeah, the only possibility we had left which wasn't sorsha was Dom as Olaf.

That's what was going to happen, but DF cut it short because Dom wasn't Olaf.
Oh wait, no, they were gonna lynch YOU. :haha:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Golden wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Sig was theone who sent me the item. There was zero chance he could be mafia. Unless Olaf secretely could pretend to be Violet and send fake inventions, but not this kind of game.

But I put sig right through proof in thread that each of poems kills were me and backed it up with the mm kill that I promised as well.
Oh yeah the MM kill. Forgot about that.

Okay then... 0.5%.

Return to “Previous Jobs”