MetalMarsh89 deserves an honorary win
7%

Total votes: 15
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 253
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: Phenon Mafia: Day 7 - Where There's Fire...

Post by juliets »

speed, have you any logic to apply to your situation to show you are not the rogue? It seems to me you are probably Jeremy Bellic. You also said you tend to be more analytic when bad and you've been very analytic this game. Whatever you have to say, please say it. This is a hard decision.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 123
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Strawhenge »

Strawhenge wrote:juliets, would you mind just briefly breaking down for me what your role is, who you targeted, and what the result(s) was/were?
Literally just some fucking guy.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Strawhenge wrote:
Strawhenge wrote:juliets, would you mind just briefly breaking down for me what your role is, who you targeted, and what the result(s) was/were?
Oh sorry Strawhenge I didn't see this.

I am the Backup doctor. I became the active doctor when Quin died. I protected JJJ the first night I was active (I'll have to check which night that was, it was the night Scotty was killed) and then I protected Dizzy last night (even though it looked like the last mafia was dead I didn't want to take any chances). Is that what you wanted to know?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

That was Night 5 that I protected JJJ and then Night 6 that I protected Dizzy.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

That is what I wanted to know, yes, thankyew.

I don't mean this as an implication of suspicion; I'm just trying to cover the bases. But hey speedchuck and MP/KoFM, why do you find juliets's claim believable?
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

Actually, same inquiries:

speedchuck and MP: quick summary of your claims and the results of such claims, por favor?

And then speed and juliets say why they feel MP's claim is believable, and MP and juliets say why speed's is believable.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Just as a note Strawhenge having backups for roles is not something I'm familiar with in my mafia experience so not something I would make up. I know you don't know that because you are not familiar with what my experience is. Plus it made no sense to me to be a civ backup doctor for a doctor who was mafia (so not likely a role I would claim) until JJJ pointed out that Quin could have easily been civ since Fred was a forger.

I think MP's claim is believable because of the logic speed pointed out. I think that logic pretty much clears him. I don't know why speed's behavior is believable - I'm still wrestling with that. If I believe it then I believe that Wilgy was Bellic which is awfully convenient.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

Mine: revenge-killer, only if nk'd. Targets, in order:
N1 Jay
N2 [missed the night phase]
N3 LC
N4 Quin
N5 Fred
N6 [deliberately did not set target because we had low numbers and I didn't want to chance being wrong, getting nk'd (if still applicable), and then losing town the game]
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Strawhenge here is speed's logic on MP:
speedchuck wrote:
juliets wrote: speedchuck, since you think it's strawhenge as opposed to MP, are you thinking Golden just lied about his targeting JJJ and getting Fred? Thats the only way I see MP's targets making sense. Also, did you find your third name last night (if you want to say)?

And for all, should we push this lynch off until tomorrow morning at 11:00 am? speedchuck are you in a time zone where that wouldn't work?
If MP is telling the truth, Golden lied about his target. If MP is lying, Golden lied about being driven. Let's look at these cases:

MP is telling the truth case: Golden did not lie about where he went, but did lie about his target. I do not know why he told us anything at all, but hiding his target is reasonable. Why? His target was Fredwood. Mafia watchers often target teammates so that they can know whether townies are bluffing against them and whether they should distance or bus. He didn't want us to know that he targeted Fredwood.

If MP is lying, and is actually the marker: Golden lied about being busdriven at all. This makes no sense, and there's no reason for MP to corroborate it. Furthermore, Golden saw MP/Eloh target Freddie. I assume that this is true, because if it wasn't, both Golden and MP are asking for a lynch. If MP/Eloh targeted Freddie, and Jack didn't, then Fred would have been marked. He didn't die in the first explosion.

Long-winded stuff, but even with Golden's pointless lie, MP was telling the truth. Unless we've gotten a ton more misinformation than we thought, it isn't really possible for MP to be lying. Fred would have died earlier, or Golden would have been lying about even seeing Eloh, which would get Golden insta-lynched. Occam's razor says that MP is truthful. MP lying is tinfoil.
linki

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

Yeah, as (I think...?) I said before, that makes MP look pretty good to me. I'm just trying to get updated, condensed, consolidated perspectives and feels on all of our claims.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Strawhenge I'm going to be going to the grocery store here shortly. Are there any other questions you have for me right now? I will be on after I get back too for awhile.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

Not at the moment, no, but whenever you manage to wrestle your speedchuck thoughts, I'd love to hear them.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Strawhenge will you clarify the "visit" part of our role again? I see reference to it by speed but can find the explanation for it.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

speedchuck wrote:
Strawhenge, a guy whose roleclaim screams "don't you try to kill me, scum" and allows for a visit when tracked, which most revengekill roles do not do. A revengekill role also fits less in the setup if Quin was town. Mafia just doesn't have enough survivability for us to have a vigilante, and for mafia to be handing out guns to us, and for there to be a revengekill, and for there to be a marker. It felt like the doc was there to offset the vig, but man, a revengekill too, and no doc? Hrm. Plus a town doctor for town survivability...
speed, for whatever reason I can't find where strawhenge refers to the above, allowing for a visit when tracked. Can you refresh my memory as to what he said about this or point me to the post where he explained it?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 321

Post by speedchuck »

juliets wrote:speed, have you any logic to apply to your situation to show you are not the rogue? It seems to me you are probably Jeremy Bellic. You also said you tend to be more analytic when bad and you've been very analytic this game. Whatever you have to say, please say it. This is a hard decision.
Actually, if you check JJJ's metagame post, I'm pretty much always analytic, especially recently. I've actually been less analytic this game than normal. In addition, scum meta doesn't really apply to 3P meta. Which is unfortunate, because I feel like I've played a great town game, but that doesn't clear me.

Strawhenge wrote:That is what I wanted to know, yes, thankyew.

I don't mean this as an implication of suspicion; I'm just trying to cover the bases. But hey speedchuck and MP/KoFM, why do you find juliets's claim believable?
speedchuck wrote: Juliets just went from my most questionable read to my most town read. I had a townread on Quin all game, and for him to be forged by Fred to show up as a bad guy makes sense. Backup roles are a thing, and I doubt Juliets would fakeclaim something she apparently didn't know about, while being perfectly consistent, and also be claiming a role that required two flips that didn't make sense without each other.
The inconvenience of her claim, which only made sense after Quin and Fredwood flipped. No 3P would make a claim so inconvenient and non-sensical, and then I doubt coincidence would intervene like this.

juliets wrote:
speedchuck wrote: Strawhenge, a guy whose roleclaim screams "don't you try to kill me, scum" and allows for a visit when tracked, which most revengekill roles do not do. A revengekill role also fits less in the setup if Quin was town. Mafia just doesn't have enough survivability for us to have a vigilante, and for mafia to be handing out guns to us, and for there to be a revengekill, and for there to be a marker. It felt like the doc was there to offset the vig, but man, a revengekill too, and no doc? Hrm. Plus a town doctor for town survivability...
speed, for whatever reason I can't find where strawhenge refers to the above, allowing for a visit when tracked. Can you refresh my memory as to what he said about this or point me to the post where he explained it?
Strawhenge wrote:Okay, I'm a revenge-killer. Choose someone every night and if I get NK'd, they die too.
My targets:

N1 Jay (you'd said some lowkey shady shit, sorry)
N2 (missed the night phase)
N3 Long Con
N4 Quin
N5 Fred
I assume, since there is targeting, that a visit/target occurs during the night.

Most revengekill roles only notify the person, then ask him to select a target.

Strawhenge wrote:Actually, same inquiries:

speedchuck and MP: quick summary of your claims and the results of such claims, por favor?

And then speed and juliets say why they feel MP's claim is believable, and MP and juliets say why speed's is believable.
I am a seeker/conditional doublevoter. I have been given the 'names' of three roles, and if I manage to visit them at night, I will have a doublewvote the next day.

Targets
N1: Nachomamma
N2: insertnamehere
N3: Quin
N4: Scotty
N5: JJJ
N6: Juliets -> Strawhenge

None were the names I needed.

Names I needed:
Jeremy Bellic
Cara O' Neil
Robert Crawford

I feel MP's claim is believable because:
speedchuck wrote: If MP is telling the truth, Golden lied about his target. If MP is lying, Golden lied about being driven. Let's look at these cases:

MP is telling the truth case: Golden did not lie about where he went, but did lie about his target. I do not know why he told us anything at all, but hiding his target is reasonable. Why? His target was Fredwood. Mafia watchers often target teammates so that they can know whether townies are bluffing against them and whether they should distance or bus. He didn't want us to know that he targeted Fredwood.

If MP is lying, and is actually the marker: Golden lied about being busdriven at all. This makes no sense, and there's no reason for MP to corroborate it. Furthermore, Golden saw MP/Eloh target Freddie. I assume that this is true, because if it wasn't, both Golden and MP are asking for a lynch. If MP/Eloh targeted Freddie, and Jack didn't, then Fred would have been marked. He didn't die in the first explosion.

Long-winded stuff, but even with Golden's pointless lie, MP was telling the truth. Unless we've gotten a ton more misinformation than we thought, it isn't really possible for MP to be lying. Fred would have died earlier, or Golden would have been lying about even seeing Eloh, which would get Golden insta-lynched. Occam's razor says that MP is truthful. MP lying is tinfoil.
Not going to be around as much during the day today, but I will be around for the hours leading up to deadline.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

speedchuck did you see the post where MP and I are planning to vote sometime between 6 and 7 pm set?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

That should say "EST not "set".

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

speedchuck wrote:
juliets wrote:
speedchuck wrote: Strawhenge, a guy whose roleclaim screams "don't you try to kill me, scum" and allows for a visit when tracked, which most revengekill roles do not do. A revengekill role also fits less in the setup if Quin was town. Mafia just doesn't have enough survivability for us to have a vigilante, and for mafia to be handing out guns to us, and for there to be a revengekill, and for there to be a marker. It felt like the doc was there to offset the vig, but man, a revengekill too, and no doc? Hrm. Plus a town doctor for town survivability...
Strawhenge wrote:Okay, I'm a revenge-killer. Choose someone every night and if I get NK'd, they die too.
My targets:

N1 Jay (you'd said some lowkey shady shit, sorry)
N2 (missed the night phase)
N3 Long Con
N4 Quin
N5 Fred
I assume, since there is targeting, that a visit/target occurs during the night.

Most revengekill roles only notify the person, then ask him to select a target.
Ok for some reason I'm not grasping this. As a revenge killer my understanding is Straw just picks someone every night to die if he gets night killed. I'm not understanding where the visit comes in or the notification of a person. Who gets notified and what do they get notified of? Who get's visited? Take his night 1 target JJJ for example. Who would have gotten notified and of what using that example? Who got "visited"? I know this is simpler than I'm making it and I don't know why I'm not understanding. I apologize.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

As far as I understand a revenge killer role, they don't count as a 'visit'. It's like the mafia comes to kill them, and they panic and shoot someone with a shotgun as they die. Maybe sprityo works it differently, but unless someone tracked me, I'm not seeing the relevance.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Strawhenge wrote:As far as I understand a revenge killer role, they don't count as a 'visit'. It's like the mafia comes to kill them, and they panic and shoot someone with a shotgun as they die. Maybe sprityo works it differently, but unless someone tracked me, I'm not seeing the relevance.
Strawhenge do you know what speed is talking about when he says this:

"Most revengekill roles only notify the person, then ask him to select a target."

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

Yeah, it means I get the rolecard telling me I'm a revenge killer, and then I choose who dies if I die. In this instance (and all other revenge killer roles I've seen in past games), I get to choose nightly.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Strawhenge wrote:Yeah, it means I get the rolecard telling me I'm a revenge killer, and then I choose who dies if I die. In this instance (and all other revenge killer roles I've seen in past games), I get to choose nightly.
Hm.

I may have misunderstood. It sounded like you visited a person, then only killed them if you died. This gives some legitimacy on your claim, but you also weren't tracked to verify either way... And you probably would've known that you weren't tracked.
Still, @Juliets and MP: That revelation does weaken my argument against him. I'm currently trying to figure out whether to switch my role or not.

It sucks, because as it stands, I have the weakest alibi (though all of our alibi's are weak in one way or another). But I know if I get lynched, marker wins.
Read-wise, I'm still after Strawhenge over Juliets and MP, but his claim is less convenient for him than I thought. Good play, if you're marker, Straw.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Strawhenge wrote:Yeah, it means I get the rolecard telling me I'm a revenge killer, and then I choose who dies if I die. In this instance (and all other revenge killer roles I've seen in past games), I get to choose nightly.
Ohhh ok I see. So you and he agree on this point, it's just you don't think that your selecting counts as a "visit" which as you say doesn't really matter unless someone tracked you which didn't happen. I think I understand now what everyone is saying.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ok, here's what's going through my mind:

Why speed is the sk:
~ JJJ's analysis gives him better odds than Straw
~ He told me I wasn't Bellic to get me to trust him
~ Bellic is conveniently Wilgy
~ He is mafia savvy enough to have made up his role
~ He was around the day Quin and Golden blew up though not here when it happened

Why speed isn't the sk:
~ He cleared one of his competition, MP
~ He said Straw's role isn't what he thought it was and more plausible than he thought, virtually eliminating another of his competition
~ He played a great civ game

Why Straw is the sk:
~ He has played a below the radar game

Why Straw isn't the sk:
~ He wasn't here the day Golden and Quin blew up until after they blew up (and they didn't blow up at a natural game juncture like beginning or end of day)
~ He sounds genuine when he says he's not the sk
~ JJJ's analysis gives him fairly low odds of being the sk

What have I left out? I can't think of many reasons Straw is the sk though I think there surely must be some. speed and MP, why is Straw the sk?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

juliets wrote: ~ He is mafia savvy enough to have made up his role
For the sake of argument, are you implying that you're not savvy?

A backup doctor would be a convenient fakeclaim, because, at surface value, it holds water if someone else is a doctor. And correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you claim after Quin flipped?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Strawhenge wrote:
juliets wrote: ~ He is mafia savvy enough to have made up his role
For the sake of argument, are you implying that you're not savvy?

A backup doctor would be a convenient fakeclaim, because, at surface value, it holds water if someone else is a doctor. And correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you claim after Quin flipped?
I did claim after Quin flipped but remember, I had said earlier that there was another doctor because I thought my role implied a full time doctor. Also, I am not mafia savvy enough to make up a role that we've never had at any of the places I have played.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 198
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

I'll be around within a few hours tops.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

OK, let me catch up and think this through.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Strawhenge wrote:
juliets wrote:No, its not me. Its either Straw or speed and whichever one it is has played a great game.
Well, I haven't played a great game, so... :sigh:

Speedchuck's assessment of why MP wasn't lying seems really reasonable to me. Which crosses MP off my list.

So it comes down to speedchuck and juliets. I've already stated why speedchuck could be the rogue, but what about juliets? What did juliets claim? Backup doctor? Someone (I think speedchuck) said they didn't believe juliets would make a claim she'd never heard about before. I think that's kind of funky reasoning, but... Do we have any evidence that juliets's claim is true?

Also, from what I recall, the only thing I remember seeing about why juliets isn't the rogue is, 'Well it can't be juliets because it can't be.' I think speedchuck and Dyslexicon both said something to that effect. I too said that, but from a perspective of drowning in text and having no juliets-related pings.

I still have a strong gut feeling that it's speedchuck, but can I get some reasoning on why it can't be juliets? Because right now, if it's not juliets, it's fuggin speedchuck and we should lynch him.

I was kinda given a raw deal with an unprovable role, surviving this late in the game. Whichever of you is the rogue, you've been clever and creative with your claims. If I wind up getting lynched, it will be that cleverness and creativity on which you may rest your laurels. But I implore you all: I am not the rogue. I am not scum. I am a town-aligned revenge killer.

linki: No.
It could be juliets I guess. I really don't know.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Strawhenge wrote:That is what I wanted to know, yes, thankyew.

At face value it just doesn't sound like something she'd make up. I've played with juliets for years and I've even played more closed setups than her and I've not heard of a backup doctor. It would have never crossed my mind to fake claim.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Strawhenge wrote:
juliets wrote:No, its not me. Its either Straw or speed and whichever one it is has played a great game.
Well, I haven't played a great game, so... :sigh:

Speedchuck's assessment of why MP wasn't lying seems really reasonable to me. Which crosses MP off my list.

So it comes down to speedchuck and juliets. I've already stated why speedchuck could be the rogue, but what about juliets? What did juliets claim? Backup doctor? Someone (I think speedchuck) said they didn't believe juliets would make a claim she'd never heard about before. I think that's kind of funky reasoning, but... Do we have any evidence that juliets's claim is true?

Also, from what I recall, the only thing I remember seeing about why juliets isn't the rogue is, 'Well it can't be juliets because it can't be.' I think speedchuck and Dyslexicon both said something to that effect. I too said that, but from a perspective of drowning in text and having no juliets-related pings.

I still have a strong gut feeling that it's speedchuck, but can I get some reasoning on why it can't be juliets? Because right now, if it's not juliets, it's fuggin speedchuck and we should lynch him.

I was kinda given a raw deal with an unprovable role, surviving this late in the game. Whichever of you is the rogue, you've been clever and creative with your claims. If I wind up getting lynched, it will be that cleverness and creativity on which you may rest your laurels. But I implore you all: I am not the rogue. I am not scum. I am a town-aligned revenge killer.

linki: No.
It could be juliets I guess. I really don't know.
It's really not me. If I were going to fabricate a role I would at least fabricate one I had heard of.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Strawhenge wrote:Actually, same inquiries:

Busdriver

By results you mean targets?
Elo targeted:
N1 - Golden and Fredwood
N2 - JJJ and Strawhenge
N3 - N/A

I targeted:
N4 - JJJ and Dizzy
N5 - Fredwood and speedchuck
N6 - juliets and Strawhenge
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm leaning towards voting speedchuck actually after mulling over it and reading all of this. The Bellic thing doesn't add up. Strawhenge is giving a genuine effort.

I was giving him points earlier for these posts as well as the fact that I've found him generally very logical and sincere, as well as the fact that Strawhenge's claim seemed most convenient, as well as the fact that speedchuck seemed to be arbitrarily removing me and juliets from competition which seemed unwise if he's the marker... but all of this doesn't exclude solid marker play.

I'm really torn though. I guess you could say I'm feeling 60% speedchuck, 35% Strawhenge, 5% juliets at the moment. It could change easily.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I'm leaning towards voting speedchuck actually after mulling over it and reading all of this. The Bellic thing doesn't add up. Strawhenge is giving a genuine effort.

I was giving him points earlier for these posts as well as the fact that I've found him generally very logical and sincere, as well as the fact that Strawhenge's claim seemed most convenient, as well as the fact that speedchuck seemed to be arbitrarily removing me and juliets from competition which seemed unwise if he's the marker... but all of this doesn't exclude solid marker play.

I'm really torn though. I guess you could say I'm feeling 60% speedchuck, 35% Strawhenge, 5% juliets at the moment. It could change easily.
I am leaning toward speedchuck as well.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

juliets wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I'm leaning towards voting speedchuck actually after mulling over it and reading all of this. The Bellic thing doesn't add up. Strawhenge is giving a genuine effort.

Well, I'd be willing to end this thing I suppose if you are. Props to whoever the marker is regardless of all of this... this is a really tough end game.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
juliets wrote:

Well, I'd be willing to end this thing I suppose if you are. Props to whoever the marker is regardless of all of this... this is a really tough end game.
Yeah I'm tired, and tired of trying to think about it. I don't think anything else is going to come to me about this situation. I think I'm ready to vote.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm with you there. I just don't know. This is really tough. Hopefully I'm not wrong. Really sorry to everyone and especially speedchuck if I am.

Vote speedchuck
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Yeah I am sorry too if it's not him. I feel like the weight of the whole game is on us. Cheers to whoever it is you did a great job.

We can't talk after my vote here so I hope sprityo gets here soon and ends this.

vote speedchuck

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Not really back, still hanging out with friends. I have time for only a short post.

Last defense:
Role-wise, I have no excuse. Neither does Straw. At this point in the game, we're on fairly even ground. Neither of us have been tracked or watched, and we knew it. Our roles don't matter outside of plausibility. Straw unfortunately has me beat there, but I have no choice. I wouldn't have chosen a role this weird if it wasn't reality. You can WIFOM if you want.

Gameplaywise, I have been all-in on town effort this game. I eliminate possibilities as best I can, and try to help town with the best solution possible. I stuck my neck out for town. Strawhenge may have out-of-game excuses for laying low at some points, but I wouldn't say that I was working with ideal marker play. The early claims from town power roles are the only reason I lived this long against mafia, I'm sure.

Strawhenge (I am 85% sure) played a good game as marker. If it's Juliets, somehow, she played an even better game. I don't begrudge either the win.

Speedchuck, signing off. Good luck, and make the good decision. :cheers:

linki: DANGIT I WAS BEING AWESOME CMON GUYS
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 555

Post by Quin »

THIS IS SO SPOOKY
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 160
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Phenon Mafia: ENDGAME - Snuffed

Post by sprityo »

Hold For End Game Flavor :p
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

ENDGAME - Snuffed

Eugene Gamma rubbed his hands together. They were sweaty, and he was nervous. Throughout the day he kept going back and forth with himself. 'Is this right? Am i really doign what's best for everyone???....'

"No. This is wrong. I can't believe I let myself be blinded over this week, blinded with greed."

He gave a heavy sigh and picked himself up. "It's time to end this."

-------------------------

Four Passengers stand in the car as Eugene enters the room. MovingPictures07 and juliets stand on one side while Strawhenge and Speedchuck stand opposite them, both the latter shouting and point to the other.

"And so....who is it today?"

"Speedchuck" MP and juliets say in unision. The other two passengers cease their squabble and look to Gamma.

"Mr. Gamma, I beg, you please spare me!" Speedchuck cries.

"I'm sorry," Gamma replies aiming and firing.

In a split second, Speedchuck grabs Strawhenge and makes Strawhenge take the bullet in the back. Strawhenge cries out in pain before being dropped to the ground, he whimpers in pain. Strawhenge withdraws a hand cannon from beneath his jacket and fires at Speedchuck, barely missing. Eugene attempts to fire at Speedchuck again but finds his pistol to be empty. "What in the hell?!" He shouts before tossing the empty gun aside. Speedchuck bows before dashing toward the next car. "We need to catch him!" MP says to juliets. They both chase after Speedchuck into the next car. Eugene goes to check on Strawhenge, who was barely hanging on. Eugene takes a curtain from a window and lays it underneath Strawhenge to help with the bleeding.
Strawhenge-Revenge Killer:
You are the Revenge Killer and are aligned with the Lifelurkers (Town). You win once all threats to the Town have been eliminated. At Night you choose someone to kill if you happen to die before the next Night Phase. Your revenge kill is Piercing and cannot be roleblocked. Your revenge kill does not activate if you are lynched.
"I'll get the first aid kit just hold on!"

---------------------------

Speedchuck busts open the door to the next car, knocking down anything he can to slow down MP and juliets. MP trips and falls down screaming in pain, "AHH, mother of God, my ankle!" juliets turns to help him up but he waves her off.

"I can't help you, just go!" MP tells her.

Eloh/MovingPictures07-Town Busdriver:
You are the Town Busdriver and are aligned with the Lifelurkers (Town). You win once all threats to the Town have been eliminated. At Night, you may select two targets, actions affecting the two are switched. You may not target yourself.
Speedchuck busts into the fifth and final car with juliets in hot pursuit. The fifth car was damaged, with a gaping hole in the back of it where it had been blown up in the collateral of Car No 6 exploding. Speedchuck turns around, knowing he was far enough away from Eugene that he wouldnt be interrupted. He fiddles with his watch before removing the holographic cover from his person, revealing his true identity to juliets.

Speedchuck-3P Arsonist:
You are the Arsonist, a 3rd Party Independent.

Each Night you may visit one person and mark them. Any time between 9am and 9pm EST, you may activate your ONE-SHOT ability to kill all marked targets. You must activate by PMing a host, preferably, both hosts. You will not be revealed upon activation. You may specify a time you wish it to activate as well during those 12 hours. All actions are final however when not in the 12 hour window due to host timing. You will win once you are the last man standing.

Marked players can be ANYONE. You cannot purposefully joint with the mafia team to win (this is a topic of discussion if say it is a 3 way with one mafia and one town). If a player has been unmarked, then you will learn of it the night following. You will not learn WHO has been unmarked.

Special: You will receive another one-shot match once 10 or less people are alive or when YOU have killed one of your special targets. You receive another match when there are 6 or less or if YOU kill another special target. You receive these the night following the required player count. Your special targets are: Smoke, Audible Reach, and Dr. Cash.

Note: If you are lynched and do not submit a use action before deadline/hard lynch (recommended at least 6 hours before, keep a careful eye on votes for optimal effect), then you will auto-use a match and kill all marked targets. This obviously will not work if you do not have any matches or targets.
Max Bardindes brandishes a classic butterfly knife. "You damn Lifelurkers, always complicating things. Working with that slimy cretin Gamma was a pain, but in the end, The Federation has won. All the leaders of the major factions have been eliminated and the war will continue to get worse until the shining light of The Federation comes to save the day!"

He laughs maniacally at the thought. "Now you however, you will at least be long gone before you get to witness the next phase in our, excuse me, my little plan. hehehehehhahaa!!"

Bardindes moves with amazing agility as juliets finds herself being held at knifepoint in almost a second. "Any last words?" He says through closed teeth.

"Fuck the Federation," Eugene Gamma says before pulling the trigger from behind and blowing a hole in Bardindes' skull. juliets falls to the ground in shock. Gamma helps her up and tells her, "It's over... It's all over."
Dfaraday/juliets-Backup Doctor:
You are the Backup Doctor and are aligned with the Lifelurkers (Town). You win once all threats to the town have been eliminated. You are considered as a Vanilla Town until the Real Doctor dies (but you still appear as Backup Doctor upon death). Once the Real Doctor is dead, you gain the ability to be like a Doctor, being able to protect someone each night.
Speedchuck has been lynched, he was the Arsonist.
Town Win!
Mafia Loss!
Arsonist Loss!
Angel Loss!

Please hold for endgame announcements/achievments/Night Actions and FULL reveals
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Everyone, I cannot express in words the amount of excitement and emotions currently. This game was a blast to make and after having waited a whole two years from initial creation, I am so glad it turned out as well as it did. A game completely new to most and it caught EVERYONE off guard it seems. A HUGE thank you and shout out to Speedchuck for coming over from CPI to play. (And the irony that he got the "Chess Piece" role of the game only added to my satisfaction)

I need to offer a great apology to Golden and the entire Mafia team. On Day 4 when Soneji was lynched, he wasnt supposed to be revealed, and it probably screwed the mafia team over, (but we amended the mistake as you can see with what happened to Quin :p) I also wanted to apologize for any mistakes i made with sending out PM's and such. But overall for my second setup ever, first one here on The Syndicate, I felt it turned out just fine in the end. Oh and as much as I love writing the Flavor, im sorry i wasnt able to do everyone's individual flavors, not to mention i still havent done Night 4, Day 5, and Night 5. (I dont know if i ever will either). I, like many of you lead a busy life and to write out at least a page or so of flavor was working my creative juices to the max, time restrictions with centering the story around each player's death was challenging as well. In the end it ended up being more a narrative of the game with bits and pieces of lore sprinkled in. Having to type up each post in under 30 minutes also certainly had me tossing grammar out the window :p

But I digress, if i clean up the flavor and finish the missing hole will be up to willpower. Speaking of flavor, i do hope you enjoyed this original story!

As a host, i want to know your guy's opinions on how the game went:

What did you like about the game (Mechanics, roles, hosting, etc)
Suggestions for improvements?
What couldve been done better?
Would you consider having more similar games like this one here at The Syndicate?

Again, Thank you all so much for allowing me to fulfill a long gone wish of mine, youre all outstanding mafia players! :beer:
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Role Reveals

INH - 3P Angel:
You are the Angel, a 3rd Party Independent.

On the first night of the game, you must pick a player to protect. If your protected player is ever selected to be killed, you will instead die in their place. You will not activate for lynches. You win if you and/or your protected player is alive by the end of the game.

Sig - Leeroy:
You are the Leeroy and are aligned with the Lifelurkers (Town). You win once all threats to the Town have been eliminated. During the day, you may kill yourself to immediately determine the lynch target. To activate, simply type "Leeroy Kill: [player]" in bolded letters in chat. Activation will shorten day to 24 hours after activation if remaining time is over 24 hours. You will die immediately upon activating.

JJJ - Tracker:
You are the Three-Shot Tracker, and are aligned with the Lifelurkers (Town). You win once all threats to the Town have been eliminated. At night you may choose to visit someone and learn who they visited. You may do this three times.

MetalMarsh89- Mafia Busdriver:
You are the Mafia Busdriver, and are aligned with the HIVE (Mafia).

You win once the HIVE either outnumbers or is equal to the Passengers. As the Busdriver, you may target two targets, actions affecting each targets are switched. You cannot target yourself.
You cannot busdrive the Mafia Piercing Gun to the Mafia.

Bolded actions are hidden upon death

Soneji- Mafia Gunsmith:
You are the Even Night Special-Smith, and are aligned with the HIVE (Mafia).

You are able to give guns that can kill through protection, Passengers ONLY, every even night. One night, you can choose to give ANYONE a protecting vest instead. Vests will not work for town/can be killed through with a normal night kill.
Guns given to town players will kill both the user and the target if the target is Mafia.Piercing effect only applies to the target. Can give a Mafia player a single use gun starting on 2nd night for an extra kill on the following day (this applies to every night after night two).

Bolded actions are not revealed upon death

You win once the HIVE outnumbers or is equal to the remaining Passengers.

Quin- Doctor:
You are the Odd-Night Doctor and are aligned with the Lifelurkers (Town). You win once all threats to the town have been eliminated. Every Odd Night, you may choose to protect a player from dying.

LongCon -Mafia Power Killer:
You are the Other Night Power Killer and are aligned with the HIVE (Mafia).

When performing the Night kill, you can choose to do a Silent kill or a Piercing kill. You cannot perform the
night kill on consecutive nights unless last mafia alive.
After you die, Mafia can choose to use one of your special kills every other night, but not the other.

Bolded Actions are not revealed upon death

You win once the HIVE is greater than or equal to the amount of Passengers alive.

JackofHearts- Anti Marker:
You are the Town Anti-Marker and are aligned with the Vox Populi (Town).

You win once all threats to the Town have been eliminated. Each night you visit someone. If that person has been marked, they will be unmarked. if the person you visited is targeted the same night, you will protect them from being marked. You will learn if you save a person from a mark. You will not learn if a previously marked player has been unmarked. You can not target yourself.

Silver Lantern-Janitor:
You are the Odd-Night Town Janitor and are aligned with the Reavers (Town). You win once all threats to the Town have been eliminated. Every Odd Night, you can choose to kill a player. You learn their role. Upon reveal, that player's role will not be revealed to the public.

DrWilgy-Mortician:
You are the Mortician and are aligned with the Lifelurkers (Town). You win once all threats to the town have been eliminated. Every Night, you may learn a dead player's full role, meaning things that may or may not be missing from their public death.

Any Secrets found are publicly announced upon your death.

Golden-Mafia Watcher:
You are the Mafia Watcher and are aligned with the HIVE (Mafia).

At night, you are able visit a player and learn everyone who visited that player. You cannot choose to visit yourself.

You win once the HIVE outnumber or are equal to the remaining Passengers

Sorsha/Sloonei-Bodyguard:
You are the Bodyguard and are aligned with the Reavers (Town). You win once all threats to the Town have been eliminated. Every Night, you may choose a target. If that target were to die that night, you die in their place.

Speedchuck-3P Arsonist:
You are the Arsonist, a 3rd Party Independent.

Each Night you may visit one person and mark them. Any time between 9am and 9pm EST, you may activate your ONE-SHOT ability to kill all marked targets. You must activate by PMing a host, preferably, both hosts. You will not be revealed upon activation. You may specify a time you wish it to activate as well during those 12 hours. All actions are final however when not in the 12 hour window due to host timing. You will win once you are the last man standing.

Marked players can be ANYONE. You cannot purposefully joint with the mafia team to win (this is a topic of discussion if say it is a 3 way with one mafia and one town). If a player has been unmarked, then you will learn of it the night following. You will not learn WHO has been unmarked.

Special: You will receive another one-shot match once 10 or less people are alive or when YOU have killed one of your special targets. You receive another match when there are 6 or less or if YOU kill another special target. You receive these the night following the required player count. Your special targets are: Smoke, Audible Reach, and Dr. Cash.

Note: If you are lynched and do not submit a use action before deadline/hard lynch (recommended at least 6 hours before, keep a careful eye on votes for optimal effect), then you will auto-use a match and kill all marked targets. This obviously will not work if you do not have any matches or targets.

nutella-Public Cop:
You are the One-Shot Public Cop and are aligned with the Vox Populi (Town). You win once all threats to the Town have been eliminated. Once during the day, you may choose to learn someone's alignment. At the end of that Day, their alignment will be revealed to the public. You will not be revealed as the one who outed them. You must activate in your quicktopic. You cannot use it on yourself. You can only use this after Night One.

Scotty-Stump:
You are the Stump and are aligned with the Lifelurkers (Town).

You win once all threats to the Town have been eliminated. During the night, you may activate and become a Treestump (confirm yourself as a paraplegic). You will be removed from the voting list as well as not count towards the total amount of living players. You are not allowed to vote either. You must activate at Night.

Eloh-Town Busdriver:
You are the Town Busdriver and are aligned with the Lifelurkers (Town). You win once all threats to the Town have been eliminated. At Night, you may select two targets, actions affecting the two are switched. You may not target yourself.

Dfaraday-Backup Doctor:
You are the Backup Doctor and are aligned with the Lifelurkers (Town). You win once all threats to the town have been eliminated. You are considered as a Vanilla Town until the Real Doctor dies (but you still appear as Backup Doctor upon death). Once the Real Doctor is dead, you gain the ability to be like a Doctor, being able to protect someone each night.

Dyslexicon-Blacksmith:
You are the Two-Shot Blacksmith and are aligned with the Lifelurkers (Town). You win once all threats to the town have been eliminated. At night, you can choose to give someone a Bulletproof vest. These vests do not protect against lynching. You can give out a vest twice during the game. You cannot give a vest to the same person. You can't give yourself a vest.

Fredwood-Mafia Forger:
You are the Forger and are aligned with the HIVE (Mafia).

At Night, you are able to choose two players during the game, that player's role wont appear upon death. Can target ANYONE, including yourself. Can repeal the forge, to use on someone else at any time. You cannot repeal a forge once a player has died/ been chosen to die. OR, You may pick one person to be revealed as a different role of your choice. You dont learn the original roles of people that are Forged.

Strawhenge-Revenge Killer:
You are the Revenge Killer and are aligned with the Lifelurkers (Town). You win once all threats to the Town have been eliminated. At Night you choose someone to kill if you happen to die before the next Night Phase. Your revenge kill is Piercing and cannot be roleblocked. Your revenge kill does not activate if you are lynched.

Nachomamma-Scientist:
You are the One-Shot Scientist and are aligned with the Vox Populi (Town). You win once all threats to the Town have been eliminated. Once during the game, you may select two players. You will learn if the players are align

The Night Actions occur in order from top to bottom.

Night Actions

Night 1
INH Guardian Angels > Dyslexicon
DrWilgy Examines > Sig (no visit) >>>>DEAD.
Nutella has no visit
Scotty Activates > N
Dfaraday > Cannot act yet

Fredwood forges > soneji & golden
Strawhenge targets > JJJ

MM Busdrives > jjj & golden
Eloh Busdrives > golden & fred

Mafia Team/Long Con kills (Ninja) > Nachomamma
Silver Lantern kills > DrWilgy
Soneji gifts > N/A

JJJ Tracks >JoH >>>> JoH visited Quin

Speedchuck Marks > MM89
JackofHearts unmarks > quin (no effect)

Quin Protects > silver lantern
Sloonei guards > none
Dyslexicon vests > nutella (success)

Nachomamma compares > DEAD

Golden watches > JJJ >>> golden >>>> Fredwood >>>>> golden and eloh visited fredwood
Night 2
INH Guardian Angels = Dyslexicon
Nutella has no visit
Scotty Activates > No
Dfaraday > Cannot act yet

Strawhenge targets > No One

Eloh Busdrives > JJJ & Strawhenge

Mafia Team (Golden) kills > Silver Lantern
Silver Lantern kills > N/A
Soneji gifts > Sloonei

JJJ Tracks > Long Con >>> Long Con visited no one

Speedchuck Marks > Strawhenge >>>> JJJ
JackofHearts unmarks > nutella (no effect)

Quin Protects > N/A
Sloonei guards > Nutella
Dyslexicon vests > golden

Golden watches > eloh >>>> No one else visited Eloh
Night 3
Nutella has no visit
Dyslexicon has no visit
Scotty Activates > No action sent
Juliets > Cannot act yet

Strawhenge targets > long con

Eloh Busdrives > (no player)

Mafia Team (Long Con - piercing) kills > Nutella, Vest destroyed, target killed.
Soneji gifts > N/A

JJJ Tracks > soneji (no visit)

Speedchuck Marks > Quin (Learns one of his targets has been unmarked, @ EoD 4)
JackofHearts unmarks > JJJ (success, unmarks JJJ, no message)

Quin Protects > nutella (fail)
Sloonei guards > JJJ

Golden watches > JoH (no one visits JoH)
Night 4
Dyslexicon has no visit
JJJ has no visit
Scotty Activates > no
Juliets > Cannot act yet

Fredwood forges > Quin (mafia odd night doctor)
Strawhenge targets > Quin

MP Busdrives > JJJ & Dizzy

Mafia Team (fredwood) kills > Sloonei

Speedchuck Marks > golden

Quin Protects > N/A
Sloonei guards > golden

Golden watches >long con >>> no one else visits long con.
Night 5
Dyslexicon has no more actions.
JJJ has no more actions.

Strawhenge targets > fredwood

MP Busdrives > speedchuck & fredwood

Speedchuck Marks > JJJ

Juliets > JJJ
Night 6
Dyslexicon has no more actions.
JJJ has no more actions.
Juliets can’t effectively use her action anymore.

Strawhenge targets > None

MP Busdrives > strawhenge && juliets

Speedchuck Marks > dizzy

JJJ Uses the Camouflage!
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Achievements

Sprityo:
-Mr.Big Shot: Successfully host your own setup!
-Mistakes were made: Make a few minor mistakes
-Two for Two: Have this be the second game in a row in which the town won

Epignosis:
-Im Here for you: Cohost via offering advice and second opinions
-Im also NOT here for you: fulfill the requirements of helping out only when the Host was not present :p

SpaceDaisy:
-In Spirit: Help balance the game to Syndicate Standards, but not participate in any way

insertnamehere:
-A True Guardian?: attempt to lynch your angel target so that you essentially become a survivor role
-A Victory Barely Lost: Be eligible to win up until the final Day of the Game

Sig:
-We have to start somewhere: Be the first one to be lynched
-Pulling a Speedchuck: Get Lynched without activating your special power that was designed to benefit you in a lynch situation.

JaggedJimmyJay:
-Townfirmed: Be excessively town, be confirmed town, and survive until the last day.
-Item Savvy: Be the only player in the game to use an Item
-Misfortunate: Visit two mafia members on nights in which they didnt perform an action.

MetalMarsh89:
-Marmot: Marmot.
-Paranoid: Be the first Mafia player lynched
-Calculated: Drive to busdrive a teammate and end up busdriving him to a completely different teammate

Soneji:
-One Shot: Give out only one gun before dying.
-One Kill: Have said gun used to kill a town player.
-Till Death do us part: Be tied for lynch with another mafia member.

Quin:
-Unofficial member: revealed as apart of the Mafia team
-A good Effort: Try protecting a player, only to have your protection being useless against the piercing kill

Long Con:
-BFFs: Lie for your teammate and get lynched for your effort
-Whoops! There go all my fucks!: Simply do not care what you say during your last living day, slip your own teammates role.

JackofHearts2005:
-Success!: Correctly unmarked a player.
-Identity crisis: Not really understand the usefulness of your role it was too late.

Silver Lantern:
-Accidents Happen: Janitor Kill the one role meant to confirm your own and seek secret mafia info
-The first Pants Torn: Be the first player to claim their role.

DrWilgy:
-Official Doctor: Ironic Doctor
-Forever Lost: Be the only player to not have any role revealed.

Golden:
-Townish: Be considered town most of the game with little suspicion until later
-Overpowered?: Not learn anything significant from your night actions.

Sorsha/Sloonei:
-Indiscriminate: try to protect a mafia player
-Unappreciative: get killed that same night by the mafia.

Speedchuck:
-Not as planned: Lose two of your marker targets
-Two for Two for Two: Use two matches to kill two players two times
-And a spare for the ride home: Gain your third and final match, but not use it.
-Non Personal Revenge: Dont Kill any of your special targets, but have them all die anyways.
-ChocolatePi Superstar: Play your first game on The Syndicate and almost win!

nutella:
-Yep, he's not lying: Townconfirm a player
-Deadly Civil: Be considered the most town player in the game.

Scotty:
-Nope: Dont activate the whole game
-We Die like Men: Die because you didnt activate

Eloh/MP07:
-Doublefucker: Successully mess with a mafia night action
-Im just here to remove my pants: replace in off the need of replacements
-I really shouldnt: play a mafia game when you really shouldnt have. Survive and win the game too.

DF/juliets:
-Power Play: Successfully become an everynight doctor
-newbie: Ask the most questions due to exposure of many new mafia roles/mechanics. (but there's nothing wrong with that :p)

Dyslexicon:
-Do these things even work?!: Give out both vests, have each vest be bypassed by a kill
-Christmas colors: Give one vest to town and one to mafia.

Fredwood:
-Fak3r: Be the "new" kid on the block on the mafia team
-LMS: Be the Last Mafia Standing
-Altering Reality: Successfully Forge a player.

Strawhenge:
-Respect: Survive the game, effectively not killing anyone.
-For Safety Reasons: Choose to not revenge kill anyone at least once during the game.

Nachomamma8:
-First Blood: Be the first player to die by the Mafia
-Psychic: Dont submit a night action the night you died
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Feel free to talk amongst yourselves while i get things posted
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

Oh.
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer