Dr. Who Mafia - Night 12

Moderator: Community Team

24 Hour Days?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:47 pm

Yes
61%
No
No votes
Votes in this poll are non-changable! (host/non/mod/dead)
39%

Total votes: 18
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 146

Re: Dr. Who Mafia - Night 12

Post by Hedgeowl »

Ah I had forgotten that BR's statement was what convinced us. How cruel it was have used Dom to kill her then.

I owe a big thank you to Chris actually for my continued survival. His conviction that I was not the recruiter because I voted last for MM and secured his lynch really helped. I would say that after the way Chris completely fooled me as the serial killer in SFU and toyed with me all game that we are even. :feb: Mm being rezzed and pretending he was recruited continued the charade. We saw no reason to enlighten anyone either.

I spent three days playing a computer in chess trying to get a better "losing" result than MP. Turned out he didnt have time to play anyway, but I finally beat the game with 20 minutes to spare. It was a well earned recruitment of the Doctor. :D
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 375

Post by Snow Dog »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
And MP it was actually true that at the start of the game i felt a bit overwhelmed and was kind of out of practise with mafia.
Yeah, I figured. :feb:
I have to admit it was a bit tough arguing with you and I'm sorry i lost my temper with you. It seemed you weren't listening to me.

Turns out you had been and didn't care. :P
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 858
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Snow Dog wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
And MP it was actually true that at the start of the game i felt a bit overwhelmed and was kind of out of practise with mafia.
Yeah, I figured. :feb:
I have to admit it was a bit tough arguing with you and I'm sorry i lost my temper with you. It seemed you weren't listening to me.

Turns out you had been and didn't care. :P
Hey, not a problem man, I understand. I wasn't listening, you're right. :p
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Ranks have been updated. :feb:
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

The doctor's bitch...lol
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 683

Post by zeek »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Ranks have been updated. :feb:
Fair is fair :P This is not the end! A future bet will reverse this!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

zeek wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Ranks have been updated. :feb:
Fair is fair :P This is not the end! A future bet will reverse this!
:haha:
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 683

Post by zeek »

Snow Dog wrote:The doctor's bitch...lol
You owe me one Snowy :P
keys56000000000
The Mark
Posts in topic: 328

Post by keys56000000000 »

Splints' Bitch. Yeah, that's about right. :haha:

To borrow a footbaling term, Hedgeowl is my man-of-the-match. I think she could have rode that performance to a mexican standoff and come out on top. There was literally nothing to quote with which to make a case on. I remember looking at her posts, dumbfounded, thinking she was a genius. Some Walter White shit right there, Hedgeowl, a very well done.

Also Dom was fantastic. He was our hide-in-plain-sight star this game.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

keys56000000000 wrote:Splints' Bitch. Yeah, that's about right. :haha:

To borrow a footbaling term, Hedgeowl is my man-of-the-match. I think she could have rode that performance to a mexican standoff and come out on top. There was literally nothing to quote with which to make a case on. I remember looking at her posts, dumbfounded, thinking she was a genius. Some Walter White shit right there, Hedgeowl, a very well done.

Hahaha, glad you like it. :p

I agree completely with Hedge and Dom. Totally well done. :noble:
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Long Con wrote:
fingersplints wrote:LC - I thought you were playing a really good game. I was going to target you N3 for it, but couldn't bring myself to do it. :D
:hugs: I appreciate that!
MovingPictures07 wrote:LC, I agree you played an awesome game as 1.0 and 2.0. Honestly, I think if you remove the recruiting element completely from the game, civvies would have very likely had a win here. :noble:
No doubt about it! We just needed to take out Hedge early and it was unquestionably the Civvies' game.

I have to learn from this game to inform my baddie game, clearly being a little quieter makes a world of difference. Maybe I should miss the first couple of days of every game I play, and spend the next couple 'catching up'. :srsnod:
:haha: I seem to remember you getting called out for being quiet early on as well while we were still playing Monty python. Trying to save our sinking baddie ship in Clue took up a lot of my early time as well. I honestly had no idea I was suspected so much, but recruiting Roxy seemed necessary, because she was never going to let it go. :p at that point we didnt have to do anything because the thread was taking the daleks down. The Cybers had blocked Roxy the night the daleks targeted BR, so we knew she'd been blocked and it was just a matter of time, before they came for her.

I didn't see it listed, but what night did you role check me Cybers? That's basically how we knew who some of you were, because bass and snow were sure I was bad.

Without this role I think the civs would have had a chance, but the Master was a worthy adversary plus having MM who would inherit the kill, would have brought the game down in numbers as well.

I had a blast in btsc with my teammates and loved our intense plotting and scheming. We had excel charts that changed every day for all kinds of scenarios for end game. It was a very fun group of people to be bad with and I loved our hodge podge gang of Dalek, Cybers, Strax, Wilfred, Martha, and the Doctor. :hugs: :mafia: :dalek:

Linki keys is also my new favorite person. Just sayin'. :noble:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Which is why my case on her fell on stony ground. She wasn't even phased by my continuous accusations. And neither was MP. In fact he came out all aggresive offense. Remember my scenario post after you came back? Did that not shake you just a bit alex?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Snow Dog wrote:Which is why my case on her fell on stony ground. She wasn't even phased by my continuous accusations. And neither was MP. In fact he came out all aggresive offense. Remember my scenario post after you came back? Did that not shake you just a bit alex?
It did cause me to panic a bit, but I figured the best way to combat it was an all-out aggressive offense against it, to prove that it was baseless. Seems that it worked.

If you and Bass had gotten Hedge lynched immediately, that also could have changed some things.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:Which is why my case on her fell on stony ground. She wasn't even phased by my continuous accusations. And neither was MP. In fact he came out all aggresive offense. Remember my scenario post after you came back? Did that not shake you just a bit alex?
It did cause me to panic a bit, but I figured the best way to combat it was an all-out aggressive offense against it, to prove that it was baseless. Seems that it worked.

If you and Bass had gotten Hedge lynched immediately, that also could have changed some things.
I was thinking of Nking Hedge at the end. But my only chance of a win was a hope of being recruited. If Hedge died, after Dom i was undoubtably the next lynch.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

And all that "the recruiter is dead" nonsense going around made me laugh.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Snow Dog wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

I was thinking of Nking Hedge at the end. But my only chance of a win was a hope of being recruited. If Hedge died, after Dom i was undoubtably the next lynch.
I was kind of surprised you folks didn't do it after your accusation didn't stick, but I also realize it would have been way more favorable to get her lynched over NKed.

After how you went down as Snow Dog 1.0 and after I relentlessly attacked you as 2.0, I felt you fulfilling the last recruit was more than acceptable. :noble: But props to Epig since he was the one that proved it made more sense to go after Dom instead of recruiting him, since it allowed for more lynch distraction, and then recruit someone else N12 to end the game instead.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Snow Dog wrote:And all that "the recruiter is dead" nonsense going around made me laugh.
Haha, you can't blame me, can you? ;)
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Snow Dog wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Funny story, the recruit would have passed down. :ninja:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hedgeowl wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Haha, yeah, that was the clincher. You know my thoughts on that aspect of your role, but it was why we pretty much secured a very likely win when you recruited me, IMO.
keys56000000000
The Mark

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Haha, yeah, that was the clincher. You know my thoughts on that aspect of your role, but it was why we pretty much secured a very likely win when you recruited me, IMO.
No fucking shit, lmao. :haha: You were quarterbacking the civs' whole show. I was going on your lead.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 368

Post by S~V~S »

The recruit passed down :O
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Passed down? Does that mean someone who was recruited becomes recruiter?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 407

Post by Dom »

I would like to think I would've gotten away with it, too if it wasn't for those meddling recruiters... :p
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 204
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Hedgeowl wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:I was thinking of Nking Hedge at the end. But my only chance of a win was a hope of being recruited. If Hedge died, after Dom i was undoubtably the next lynch.
That's not very funny :eek:
keys56000000000
The Mark

Dom wrote:

I would like to think I would've gotten away with it, too if it wasn't for those meddling recruiters... :p
FWIW, I don't consider your takedown entirely legal. The info dump was cheap and not even necesary; their win was inevitable.

In a game full of ironies, I find it especially amusing that Chris was right. He was totally right. But there was unpleasantness and now he's banned and can't talk about it. Oh well. :haha: :/
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Let's please not have any other words regarding the Chris matter in this thread. I don't want to further derail any postgame discussion. I understand why you brought it up, keys, and I don't mind letting everything become transparent, but I don't want to cause this discussion to permeate publicly any further when it doesn't need to.

Llama, I appreciate your further clarification, and echo the sentiment, but this goes for us henceforth as well.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

That said, I also find it amusing that Chris was onto us. As bea stated earlier, sometimes he was just so totally wrong, but other times he actually was onto something completely legit.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Oh, and I'm not sure anyone said this yet, but we tried to recruit you TH, on the night that Dom redirected all the targets (N8), and we got Gotrees instead, which turned out to be yet another boon since we could then redirect night actions.

Even though I argue what I do about Hedge's role, it's no kidding that she played a perfect game and we were absolutely lucky at EVERY possible turn. It's kind of crazy really.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

When he figured out my role I figured he got info from someone. I guess not though it was all him, so kudos for that.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Oh, and I'm not sure anyone said this yet, but we tried to recruit you TH, on the night that Dom redirected all the targets (N8), and we got Gotrees instead, which turned out to be yet another boon since we could then redirect night actions.

Even though I argue what I do about Hedge's role, it's no kidding that she played a perfect game and we were absolutely lucky at EVERY possible turn. It's kind of crazy really.
I'm lucky too. After all the daleks were eliminated we were still a complete team. We were quite pleased and then just as quickly it started turning to crap. Considering that and the promise of being lynched I have had a remarkable survival.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Snow Dog wrote:
I'm lucky too. After all the daleks were eliminated we were still a complete team. We were quite pleased and then just as quickly it started turning to crap. Considering that and the promise of being lynched I have had a remarkable survival.
The reason we knew you and Bass were cyber is you both came out with Hedge is bad at the same time with no reason so we knew sabie had checked her and you guys must be two of the cybers. I didn't suspect epi until someone else mentioned it iirc.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

juliets wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
The reason we knew you and Bass were cyber is you both came out with Hedge is bad at the same time with no reason so we knew sabie had checked her and you guys must be two of the cybers. I didn't suspect epi until someone else mentioned it iirc.
I didn't know she was the recruiter. I used thread evidence for that.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

So you guys never role checked Hedge?
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

MovingPictures07 wrote:So you guys never role checked Hedge?
Yes, but we didn't know her powers and couldn't find anything about the role on the internet.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I didn't pay attention that bass was going after her too. That was a mistake.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

That's how we got Sabie and Bass too. The Cybers couldn't resist talking about their info lol.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 93

Post by DFaraday »

So to be clear on the Doctor's regeneration: It was unlimited, right? MP, you literally could come back to life an infinite number of times throughout the game?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DFaraday wrote:So to be clear on the Doctor's regeneration: It was unlimited, right? MP, you literally could come back to life an infinite number of times throughout the game?
Correct, until I got recruited. Then it was decided that, if I were the last one alive of the recruits, I would not regenerate upon death.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 93

Post by DFaraday »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
DFaraday wrote:So to be clear on the Doctor's regeneration: It was unlimited, right? MP, you literally could come back to life an infinite number of times throughout the game?
Correct, until I got recruited. Then it was decided that, if I were the last one alive of the recruits, I would not regenerate upon death.
That seems fair. There had to be some kind of limit on the recruit team. :p
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

keys56000000000 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Let's please not have any other words regarding the Chris matter in this thread. I don't want to further derail any postgame discussion. I understand why you brought it up, keys, and I don't mind letting everything become transparent, but I don't want to cause this discussion to permeate publicly any further when it doesn't need to.

Llama, I appreciate your further clarification, and echo the sentiment, but this goes for us henceforth as well.
I don't see why people can't talk about Chris' involvement in this game, I mean, he did play a big part. You banned him, that's cool, nothing I can do about that, but I ain't just gonna pretend he didn't exist. Seems like you guys are on a "respect mah authoritah!" trip, y'know? Not gonna lie, I didn't appreciate the "be good, now!" PMs I keep getting here.
Look, you can talk about Chris's involvement in the game; that's not why I was requoting that. I'm not asking you to act like he doesn't exist. But stop bringing up his banning. What needed to be said about has already been said. I realize you didn't say much about it, but I don't feel it's appropriate to even mention or discuss it any further in this thread, across the board.

And if you have a problem with the way we run things or if you'd like to comment on the Chris situation, please keep it to PM, and I'd be more than happy to discuss it with you. This thread is for discussing the Doctor Who game.

Please and thank you. I shouldn't have to say this again.
keys56000000000
The Mark

Lol, it seems Irony is still playing this game; nice post deletion.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 80

Post by fingersplints »

Roxy wrote:
fingersplints wrote:
Turnip Head wrote: Hey splintsy, Roxy killed me too! I think she was scurred of us :srsnod:
Next time we are baddies together we shall have our revenge :feb:

I did not kill Turnips. It was one of the boys' ideas.
I did, however, want to kill splints as she was trying to find my baddie game and since she is the only one who CAN read me properly. I am sorry and tbf I had no idea you were bad until I dead checked you. :zombie:
I sorrys <3
lol no worries. You know I don't really hold grudges, only joke about them :p
Gro-oo-ovy
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

keys56000000000 wrote:Lol, it seems Irony is still playing this game; nice post deletion.
What, I hit the Post button instead of the PM button. No conspiracy :p
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Oh shit keys, I thought I did not delete my original post, and deleted yours too by mistake. I am sorry :(

Seriously, I was not being an ass. It was an accident. I hit delete, then went in the thread, and thought it was still there and deleted it again.
keys56000000000
The Mark

Lol SVS~
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 339
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

<<post deleted by power-crazed S~V~S>>
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 339
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Aw, come on! S~V~S, you have gone too far!

:feb:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

It should be noted that LC's posts are currently at 666. :P
keys56000000000
The Mark

I don't think I've ever posted 300+ times in a game before. I would imagine this game broke quite a few posting records.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 385
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Well, I figured out who the master was waaaaay before anyone else did. At least I have that.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.

Return to “Previous Jobs”