Yeah make it rain!

$60 on the extra die role power!
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 23

Re: Monopoly Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Elohcin »

first of all, I am just now checking in, sorry. second, this game sounds freakin' awesome boo! 3rd, I was windfall. Made, why did you start the bid so high? I'm going to step it up and bid the highest I'm willing to go. $250 bid for windfall.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Elohcin wrote:first of all, I am just now checking in, sorry. second, this game sounds freakin' awesome boo! 3rd, I was windfall. Made, why did you start the bid so high? I'm going to step it up and bid the highest I'm willing to go. $250 bid for windfall.
ebwop, I want windfall
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 142

Post by Epignosis »

keys56000000000 wrote:Yeah make it rain!

I'll make $ure you get an extra die. :feb:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Epignosis wrote:

you gonna keep up he $$$$$ all game Epi?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Elohcin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

you gonna keep up he $$$$$ all game Epi?
Ca$h rule$ everything around me.

Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 10
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

:haha:
Spoiler: show
Pov: you reading my takes
keys56000000000
The Mark
Posts in topic: 61

Post by keys56000000000 »

Ooh, there's a poll asking us who should die. Tough question.

Now, I've noticed this game has a money theme. I can dig it. Capitalism is great, it's given the west stability and prosperity. But, unchecked, us hard working folk can get a raw deal. We need to band together to have any leverage over the man. And that's why I say we unionise!

UNION!

UNION!

UNION! :haha:

The advantage of being in this union? Safety in numbers. They can't fire us all! And if we stick together, in the thread, we can win. We don't need BTSC to make it. Just need to do the right thing by our fellow working men and women and stick together. UNION!

And vote for the filthy scabs. Anyone looking to start their own BTSC set is no friend of The Civilian Union!

I nominate Long Con for union president!
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Boogs »

70 on extra dice.
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 10
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

Huh...I just realized this is going to be a very interesting game.... Capitolism is inherently competitive, yet we need to work together to kill mafia. Like, with out even think about it, immediately tried to aggressively take windfall, but with statistical likely hood of keys being civvie, it doesn't make sense to tried to box out the competition... this game is going to require some weird-ass play, and frankly i'm exided
Pov: you reading my takes
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 304
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

keys56000000000 wrote:I nominate Long Con for union president!
:noble:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

A$ I did today in real life, I voted.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

So, I don't have to pay Vermont Ave $6, they just get that from the bank... and if Vermont had houses, the same applies... but if Vermont had a hotel, then the money comes out of my pocket?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Does a lynched player's money go back to the bank?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 350
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

The utilities know my role :eek:
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 123
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

Long Con wrote:So, I don't have to pay Vermont Ave $6, they just get that from the bank... and if Vermont had houses, the same applies... but if Vermont had a hotel, then the money comes out of my pocket?
Correct.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Long Con wrote:Does a lynched player's money go back to the bank?
Yes.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 51
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Hi, I'm here! One of those days at work. I'm in a really busy time, with a lot going on, so will likely be on the quiet side. Also, i'm really tired right now and clearly need to read over everything about 3 more times before i begin to understand it.
Hedgeowl wrote:Hellooooo new shiny game!!

There is no poll. I do not understand. What am I supposed to do?

Well you can't stop me voting. I have rights!! Just try and stop me!

Might I suggest staying away from Texas...stopping people voting is sort of a thing here.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Vote changing should be enabled, and works for me, but isn't working for Epi (apparently it's been an issue in another game as well). Just a heads up.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

boo wrote:Vote changing should be enabled, and works for me, but isn't working for Epi (apparently it's been an issue in another game as well). Just a heads up.
MP fixed it in my game, so we'll have to see what he can do here.
Degobunny
Posts in topic: 17

Post by Degobunny »

I am finding it really hard to post on this site. Every time I finish writing something I need to login again and it erases what I typed out on my pad.
Degobunny

Post by Degobunny »

Okay this is seriously frustrating. One more time...I like the option to bid on powers, and no to unions. We all know the railroads and utilities will manipulate it all anyway.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 147

Post by S~V~S »

Degobunny wrote:I am finding it really hard to post on this site. Every time I finish writing something I need to login again and it erases what I typed out on my pad.
When you log in, do you have "Log me on automatically each visit" checked? The last person this happened to resolved the issue by clicking that. If you do have that checked, then not sure what about this site would be causing that.

And not sure about bidding on any of these yet, initially I want to be more conservative with my money.

And I am still trying to figure out which option, search for partners or NOT search for partners, would benefit the rail/utilities more. Standard civvies, no BTS with purchased powers, but civvie win conditions OR indies building monopolies and potential hotels that will require the baddies to shell out real $$? I think FZ asked this question originally, and I don't think anyone really addressed the issue.

I definitely think that discussing what would most benefit the baddies should be the big topic.

Standard civvies would make it easier for the non-rails/utils to win, but going the other route might make it HARDER for the baddies to win, might present more competition. I could see going wither way, although, I find it unlikely that every civ will agree to do the non search thing, pretty much rendering it moot. Because you can pledge not to search all you want, if someone else finds you, it still affects your status & win conditions.

@boo~ if someone who is the member of a completed monopoly is lynched, will their Monopoly status as well as their card be revealed? Since being in a monopoly has effected their win conditions, and they are no longer really a "civ"? And if the member of a monopoly is deaded, does the remainder of the team revert to civ, or are they still a LMS team?

I need to reread the rail/util sections of the host posts.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

S~V~S wrote:
Degobunny wrote:I am finding it really hard to post on this site. Every time I finish writing something I need to login again and it erases what I typed out on my pad.
When you log in, do you have "Log me on automatically each visit" checked? The last person this happened to resolved the issue by clicking that. If you do have that checked, then not sure what about this site would be causing that.

And not sure about bidding on any of these yet, initially I want to be more conservative with my money.

And I am still trying to figure out which option, search for partners or NOT search for partners, would benefit the rail/utilities more. Standard civvies, no BTS with purchased powers, but civvie win conditions OR indies building monopolies and potential hotels that will require the baddies to shell out real $$? I think FZ asked this question originally, and I don't think anyone really addressed the issue.

I definitely think that discussing what would most benefit the baddies should be the big topic.

Standard civvies would make it easier for the non-rails/utils to win, but going the other route might make it HARDER for the baddies to win, might present more competition. I could see going wither way, although, I find it unlikely that every civ will agree to do the non search thing, pretty much rendering it moot. Because you can pledge not to search all you want, if someone else finds you, it still affects your status & win conditions.

@boo~ if someone who is the member of a completed monopoly is lynched, will their Monopoly status as well as their card be revealed? Since being in a monopoly has effected their win conditions, and they are no longer really a "civ"? And if the member of a monopoly is deaded, does the remainder of the team revert to civ, or are they still a LMS team?

Just the card. The remainder stays LMS (and will want to try and keep the lynched teammates property). They would still be allowed to build houses and hotels on their properties, but the equal building rule would require that if someone who wasn't them picked up the lynched players property, they build on it as well (so 1 house, 1 house, 0 house, would prevent from building a second until the 0 had 1 built). The person who got the property without knowing they were getting one that had had all of them together (meaning no houses had been built) wouldn't find out until someone landed on that space (since the amount of rent they would receive is doubled) or a house was built (although with the rent doubled, if you pay attention to the linked board movements, you could see that it was already that way if anyone landed on any of the properties in the monopoly).

There are however also powers that relate to this sort of thing that may come into play, so that won't all be true 100% of the time.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 42

Post by FZ. »

S~V~S wrote:

I also noticed that the baddies tend to make more money each round because their properties without hotels get paid more. If that's the case, if they gain more killing powers for example, it's bad for the civs, which means we do need the powers which we can only get through the BTS.

On the other hand, I thought about something else. Someone asked about the auctions being public and the fact that if someone bids on a property, it will out them so people will know what they are. To that, Boo answered that we can bid on other things and manipulate people into thinking whatever we want.
But....when civs bid on something, all it's going to make us think is that they got BTS which means they become sort of a mafia we need to eliminate, right? So what's the point in bidding on property which isn't yours? The only ones I can see gaining something from bidding like that are the mafia (RR and I forgot the others) trying to appear like they are civs, but not sure it's a smart move on their part either because of the exact same reason.

Question is, if civs just bid on the powers that Boo hands out, or the baddies' cards (to prevent them from getting it), will it not be better? Will it be enough?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 42

Post by FZ. »

That was a long post, but please read :D
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 51

Post by zeek »

I'm also going to be conservative with my money. I don't want to bankrupt myself too early. Only one I'd consider bidding for is Windfall and I think bidding is too high for me on D1 already :P
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 183
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Lol, this game is already beyond me. Why is it a bad thing to have a third die roll when you are rolling for whatever turn the die is applied to? And the Chance choice is just you can give someone else a chance card? Why is that worth $500 to Epi? Or is he kidding?

And now for a normal mafia question, Epig why did you vote for Eloh? Does this mean you already know that she is a baddie this game? (For those who may not understand this question, Epi usually tells us whether Elo is good or bad and he's been right every time but one.)

As others have said, I am likely to be more conservative with my money. I can't tell yet but I'm hoping this first round of bidding cant be sustained throughout the game at these levels. We'll see. One thing is for sure: it's going to take me a couple of rounds to get comfortable with what is going on.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

juliets wrote:Lol, this game is already beyond me. Why is it a bad thing to have a third die roll when you are rolling for whatever turn the die is applied to? And the Chance choice is just you can give someone else a chance card? Why is that worth $500 to Epi? Or is he kidding?
I don't kid. Chance i$ awe$ome.
juliets wrote:And now for a normal mafia question, Epig why did you vote for Eloh? Does this mean you already know that she is a baddie this game? (For those who may not understand this question, Epi usually tells us whether Elo is good or bad and he's been right every time but one.)
$hhhh...
keys56000000000
The Mark

FZ. wrote:That was a long post, but please read :D
Lol, it seems long posts are most welcome here, I'd bet that that one of yours wasn't even of average length. But I did read it and you make good points.

The thing about getting powers is, once a set has them, they aren't civilian powers anymore. They're another mafia team with powers. But civs don't need powers to win anyway. We have the numbers to win. After all, this is still a mafia game with lynches, right?

Players don't have to be in the union, I ain't forcing anybody, but just remember that if you are looking for your teammates, you're saying to the rest of us that you intend to kill us down the line. You intend to be no-good mafioso and murder us civilians. And the civilians in the union will have the numerical advantage over you and your measly one or two teammates in the lynch.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I am surprised that boo wants the polls to have a changeable vote. This will lead to everyone changing their votes to the lynched player at the 11th hour every time in order to get the $200 advantage in bidding for lynched property.

It made a lot more sense to me to have the votes unchangeable, so that you have to stick with your Mafia beliefs rather than just go for the greed. :shrug:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

keys56000000000 wrote:Players don't have to be in the union, I ain't forcing anybody, but just remember that if you are looking for your teammates, you're saying to the rest of us that you intend to kill us down the line. You intend to be no-good mafioso and murder us civilians. And the civilians in the union will have the numerical advantage over you and your measly one or two teammates in the lynch.
So if your teammate finds you (assuming you are Civ), will you try to lynch them and avoid acquiring their card, in order to keep yourself Civ? :)
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 176

Post by thellama73 »

I'm going to hang on to my money for now. Complicated game is complicated.

Who we lynching, y'all?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

FZ. wrote:Someone asked about the auctions being public and the fact that if someone bids on a property, it will out them so people will know what they are. To that, Boo answered that we can bid on other things and manipulate people into thinking whatever we want.
But....when civs bid on something, all it's going to make us think is that they got BTS which means they become sort of a mafia we need to eliminate, right? So what's the point in bidding on property which isn't yours?
A Civ could bid on a property that isn't in their colour group in order to keep it out of the hands of the colour group and the baddies.
keys56000000000
The Mark

Long Con wrote:
keys56000000000 wrote:Players don't have to be in the union, I ain't forcing anybody, but just remember that if you are looking for your teammates, you're saying to the rest of us that you intend to kill us down the line. You intend to be no-good mafioso and murder us civilians. And the civilians in the union will have the numerical advantage over you and your measly one or two teammates in the lynch.
So if your teammate finds you (assuming you are Civ), will you try to lynch them and avoid acquiring their card, in order to keep yourself Civ? :)
That's a good question, I don't have an answer. I can only hope that my partner/s will refrain from searching for me, and failing that, that they're unlucky and never find me. I'm personally convinced that we have a better shot of winning this if we can resist the IMO fool's-gold temptation of powers and BTSC, and stick together. We have the power to vote together, that's got to be something.
Long Con wrote:
FZ. wrote:Someone asked about the auctions being public and the fact that if someone bids on a property, it will out them so people will know what they are. To that, Boo answered that we can bid on other things and manipulate people into thinking whatever we want.
But....when civs bid on something, all it's going to make us think is that they got BTS which means they become sort of a mafia we need to eliminate, right? So what's the point in bidding on property which isn't yours?
A Civ could bid on a property that isn't in their colour group in order to keep it out of the hands of the colour group and the baddies.
How are we going to differentiate between that civ and the mafia/civ-turned-mafia? Risky move, associating yourself with the bad guys.
thellama73 wrote:I'm going to hang on to my money for now. Complicated game is complicated.

Who we lynching, y'all?
IDK. You got any suspicions, Llama? I see Degobunny is against the union, so he/she must be pro-mafia! Ordinarily I'd call for his/her lynch, but it's early days yet, and while there might be civs looking to turn against us, they're still all civs at the moment, potential hearts and minds to be won over to support the union.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

keys56000000000 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I'm going to hang on to my money for now. Complicated game is complicated.

Who we lynching, y'all?
IDK. You got any suspicions, Llama? I see Degobunny is against the union, so he/she must be pro-mafia! Ordinarily I'd call for his/her lynch, but it's early days yet, and while there might be civs looking to turn against us, they're still all civs at the moment, potential hearts and minds to be won over to support the union.
I don't really have any suspicions yet. I don't like the whole "nobody use your night powers" movement, though. I don't like it one bit.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
keys56000000000
The Mark

thellama73 wrote:
keys56000000000 wrote:

Who we lynching, y'all?
I don't really have any suspicions yet. I don't like the whole "nobody use your night powers" movement, though. I don't like it one bit.
Fair enough. The point I'm trying to make is, if you're looking for your BTSC teammates in order to form a new group, you're playing against the civs. Against me. That makes you a candidate for future lynches.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

keys56000000000 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
keys56000000000 wrote:

Who we lynching, y'all?
Fair enough. The point I'm trying to make is, if you're looking for your BTSC teammates in order to form a new group, you're playing against the civs. Against me. That makes you a candidate for future lynches.
Shall we vote to lynch each other then? That might be fun.

keys56000000000
The Mark

thellama73 wrote:
keys56000000000 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
keys56000000000 wrote:

Who we lynching, y'all?
Shall we vote to lynch each other then? That might be fun.
You can lynch me if you want, but I'm a good civilian. I don't want to be in a little team. I want to stick with the herd. It seems clear that your position on the matter is different, therefore you're suspect. Idk what you want me to say to you. Go start a mafia team against me and the rest of us, I won't lynch you? What are you expecting to happen?
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
keys56000000000
The Mark

People are talking about getting these night powers and BTSC as though it will benefit the civilians. You are no longer a civilian once you start your BTSC set. You are an enemy of the civs and must be lynched. How difficult of a concept is that to grasp?
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

keys56000000000 wrote: You can lynch me if you want, but I'm a good civilian. I don't want to be in a little team. I want to stick with the herd. It seems clear that your position on the matter is different, therefore you're suspect. Idk what you want me to say to you. Go start a mafia team against me and the rest of us, I won't lynch you? What are you expecting to happen?
I'm not expecting anything. I just asked if you wanted to trade lynch votes.

keys56000000000
The Mark

thellama73 wrote:
keys56000000000 wrote: You can lynch me if you want, but I'm a good civilian. I don't want to be in a little team. I want to stick with the herd. It seems clear that your position on the matter is different, therefore you're suspect. Idk what you want me to say to you. Go start a mafia team against me and the rest of us, I won't lynch you? What are you expecting to happen?
I'm just trying to take this game seriously, Llama. If that's not appreciated, I'll find something else to do.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

keys56000000000 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
I'm just trying to take this game seriously, Llama. If that's not appreciated, I'll find something else to do.
We all have our own styles. Of course I appreciate you. I think you're a swell guy. :hugs:

Degobunny

Post by Degobunny »

keys56000000000 wrote:
Long Con wrote:
That's a good question, I don't have an answer. I can only hope that my partner/s will refrain from searching for me, and failing that, that they're unlucky and never find me. I'm personally convinced that we have a better shot of winning this if we can resist the IMO fool's-gold temptation of powers and BTSC, and stick together. We have the power to vote together, that's got to be something.
Long Con wrote:
How are we going to differentiate between that civ and the mafia/civ-turned-mafia? Risky move, associating yourself with the bad guys.

Who we lynching, y'all?
I just don't see the point for a union when we have no way of keeping track of what everyone's night actions will be. You are expecting blind faith from townies, and that sort blind faith tends to lead lots of townie death. Plus real life unions function like a mafia anyway preying on those who don't want to join the union.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Degobunny wrote: I just don't see the point for a union when we have no way of keeping track of what everyone's night actions will be. You are expecting blind faith from townies, and that sort blind faith tends to lead lots of townie death. Plus real life unions function like a mafia anyway preying on those who don't want to join the union.
You are my new hero.

Degobunny

Post by Degobunny »

S~V~S wrote:

It is working now, thanks!

Also if people bid on properties we have no way of knowing whether they have an associated property (keep in mind there a couple sets of just two). Which reminds me if you get all of set that you are not associated with what does that do? Are you still a civilian?
Degobunny

Post by Degobunny »

Well actually take some of that back based on the board we wil know if a particular group has formed a mafia. So at least there is that level of transparency.
Degobunny

Post by Degobunny »

So at what point does this townie union dissolve if enough groups find each other?
Degobunny

Post by Degobunny »

thellama73 wrote:
Degobunny wrote: I just don't see the point for a union when we have no way of keeping track of what everyone's night actions will be. You are expecting blind faith from townies, and that sort blind faith tends to lead lots of townie death. Plus real life unions function like a mafia anyway preying on those who don't want to join the union.
You are my new hero.
Don't get me wrong union have a place and it is good for people who need representation however at certain point the union ceases to be what it was intended and becomes part of the problem.

Return to “Previous Jobs”