Death Note Mafia [END]

Moderator: Community Team

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 96

Re: Death Note Mafia [END]

Post by Spacedaisy »

zeek wrote:I looked at the player list on D12 and asked myself who I trusted the most... and then voted for that person. It's a testament to the game you played, Daisy, that the only reasoning I had was that Light was probably playing the game of their life.
LMAO! best reason for a vote ever!
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

zeek wrote:I looked at the player list on D12 and asked myself who I trusted the most... and then voted for that person. It's a testament to the game you played, Daisy, that the only reasoning I had was that Light was probably playing the game of their life.
That is the biggest reason I asked for everyone to vote me. I thought daisy took the eye and I knew she couldn't take anymore votes and I really wanted her to win.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 154

Post by zeek »

This game has handed me my first civilian loss, so I hope you're all very proud of yourselves :P

Because you should be :clap:
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 719
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ricochet wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:I was down right angry. I behaved very badly at that point behind the scenes, especially to Alex. I'm surprised he didn't call off our engagement. ;)
Lol but why. Were you aware of my win condition or something or just felt it could tip the game into us losing? I sweated dead more than alive because of zeek's vote and the possibility of another group turning tjis win around.

sorry I didb't suicide at your comnand Kami
Bass killing you almost lost us the game on the last day (not your fault though).

- If zeek, DP, or Mata was lynched, then the game would end and Sympathizers win.

- If Daisy were to be lynched, we would have lost on the spot, and the Detectives would have won.

- If Bass were to be lynched, Daisy would get two NK's, but the game would have continued the next day with 4 players left: Myself, TH, Daisy, and (Mata or a detective). Because Daisy needed Mata dead to win, the game would not have ended. That would be a disaster.

- Similar situation if TH or myself were lynched, but who's going to lynch a Shinigami?

I don't think the detectives realize just how close they were to winning. TH could even have set up a foolproof plan with his secret votes to guarentee it. He could have placed a few on each of Daisy, zeek and DP (the three he thought could be Kira), and let the player with the double-votes get lynched. Fortunately for us, that didn't happen. That's also why Mata and I tried to get her lynched, because we knew votes on her were doubled because of the eye deal.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Epignosis wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:Oh! No that was fake.
:feb: Good girl.
LOL, this site has never seen me like I used to play. I used to talk like MP does now. But it has been so long since I got this engaged in a game. And I'm trying to do better. But it was so hard to not argue with you Epi, I wanted to spar with you more often, but I knew it was better to let you keep taking the civs down the road you were already taking them, lol.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

That is awesome. :haha:
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

I know right that last lynch was crazy
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 675

Post by Epignosis »

And through all of this I was just some pitiful businessman with nothing to do. :sigh:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 542

Post by Ricochet »

Top Players: 2015

Rank
Player
# of Wins
Bass_the_Clever
Metalmarsh89
Ricochet
Turnip Head

crappy paste of top player 2015 but

:noble:

:sparta:
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Epignosis wrote:And through all of this I was just some pitiful businessman with nothing to do. :sigh:
So did you really think fz was light or what was the deal there? I was so convinced you knew who I was from early on.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Spacedaisy wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:Oh! No that was fake.
:feb: Good girl.
LOL, this site has never seen me like I used to play. I used to talk like MP does now. But it has been so long since I got this engaged in a game. And I'm trying to do better. But it was so hard to not argue with you Epi, I wanted to spar with you more often, but I knew it was better to let you keep taking the civs down the road you were already taking them, lol.
I didn't care about the civilians by then. I cared about me. I tried doing the former, but they rejected me. :suspish:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:I was down right angry. I behaved very badly at that point behind the scenes, especially to Alex. I'm surprised he didn't call off our engagement. ;)
Lol but why. Were you aware of my win condition or something or just felt it could tip the game into us losing? I sweated dead more than alive because of zeek's vote and the possibility of another group turning tjis win around.

sorry I didb't suicide at your comnand Kami
Bass killing you almost lost us the game on the last day (not your fault though).

- If zeek, DP, or Mata was lynched, then the game would end and Sympathizers win.

- If Daisy were to be lynched, we would have lost on the spot, and the Detectives would have won.

- If Bass were to be lynched, Daisy would get two NK's, but the game would have continued the next day with 4 players left: Myself, TH, Daisy, and (Mata or a detective). Because Daisy needed Mata dead to win, the game would not have ended. That would be a disaster.

- Similar situation if TH or myself were lynched, but who's going to lynch a Shinigami?

I don't think the detectives realize just how close they were to winning. TH could even have set up a foolproof plan with his secret votes to guarentee it. He could have placed a few on each of Daisy, zeek and DP (the three he thought could be Kira), and let the player with the double-votes get lynched. Fortunately for us, that didn't happen. That's also why Mata and I tried to get her lynched, because we knew votes on her were doubled because of the eye deal.
yeah I need a serious walkthrough about that lynch result too, especially from TH
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 154

Post by zeek »

There's jubilation, and then there's bragging Rico :P
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

I know I had two votes the last lynch.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

zeek wrote:There's jubilation, and then there's bragging Rico :P
I know, but I said in film that I feel close to my BTSC mates even if later on we'llface each other (and boy was that true with me and TH)
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Ricochet wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:He had two death notes so he could check two for each death note/each kill.
lolwtf!!!

Ok I seriously need to hear from MP how the whole ownership and transfer went.

i also need to seriously sleep
Ah, yes! Gladly.

Daisy -- gained DN Day 0 -- stolen DN Day 4 -- gained DN Day 8 -- gained DN Day 10 -- relinquished 2DN Day 10 -- gained 2DN Day 12
Mata -- gained DN Day 3 -- relinquished DN Day 8
Sidoh -- gained DN Day 4
Rem -- relinquished DN Day 10
Bass -- gained 2DN Day 10 -- relinquished 2DN Day 12
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
That is the biggest reason I asked for everyone to vote me. I thought daisy took the eye and I knew she couldn't take anymore votes and I really wanted her to win.
That was the only assumption I could come up with. I would have been surprised if you would try to get Daisy killed after we passed the note to help you (and ourselves) out.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Spacedaisy wrote:
Epignosis wrote:And through all of this I was just some pitiful businessman with nothing to do. :sigh:
So did you really think fz was light or what was the deal there? I was so convinced you knew who I was from early on.
All right, here goes:

First, I don't believe I have *ever* seen you lynched. You're like juliets in that respect for me: Someone who just never gets lynched (I got juliets lynched one time though, I'm proud to say, even though I was wrong about her :p ).

Therefore, I knew going after you was going to be impossible, especially since you were posting so seldom. You had what, 50 posts in this game?

So I gave up pursuing you.

However, FZ. fit the criteria of a bad guy (88%, if you'll recall). While I'm at it: Russ you ass, why did you vote FZ.? :noble:

I pushed it hard. Then she outed herself as unlynchable.

At that point, I decided pressing her was win-win-win for me. If she was Light or Misa, super. If she wasn't, I had someone to go after until Higuchi got his death note. If she was Near, maybe she would get Night killed.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
That was the only assumption I could come up with. I would have been surprised if you would try to get Daisy killed after we passed the note to help you (and ourselves) out.
Boo never sold you guys out. But our BTSC got really crazy the day of the massacre.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Nice! Well, I think my team thought I was super paranoid because I was so sure you knew it was me. If you had gone after me after mata, I would have handed off the note immediately. I thought you were going to.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

My only "fear" (fake, since I was bad) was FZ defending herself so much because she was L, but I couldn't suggest that in the thread obviously. I thought she was Mello then, becaise of her defending of TH (and him also flipping sofr on her).

I'm still sorry for gunning FZ, but I also think it was bad of her to out herself to the Team Light given that she was such a significant endgamer for the detectives.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Spacedaisy wrote:Nice! Well, I think my team thought I was super paranoid because I was so sure you knew it was me. If you had gone after me after mata, I would have handed off the note immediately. I thought you were going to.
Even if I had, nobody would have followed me. I had no credibility in this game. I led one lynch, and it was only because bad guys and indies allowed it.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Ricochet wrote:My only "fear" (fake, since I was bad) was FZ defending herself so much because she was L, but I couldn't suggest that in the thread obviously. I thought she was Mello then, becaise of her defending of TH (and him also flipping sofr on her).

I'm still sorry for gunning FZ, but I also think it was bad of her to out herself to the Team Light given that she was such a significant endgamer for the detectives.
Which is why you NEVER EVER OUT YOURSELF.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:
All right, here goes:

First, I don't believe I have *ever* seen you lynched. You're like juliets in that respect for me: Someone who just never gets lynched (I got juliets lynched one time though, I'm proud to say, even though I was wrong about her :p ).

Therefore, I knew going after you was going to be impossible, especially since you were posting so seldom. You had what, 50 posts in this game?

So I gave up pursuing you.

However, FZ. fit the criteria of a bad guy (88%, if you'll recall). While I'm at it: Russ you ass, why did you vote FZ.? :noble:

I pushed it hard. Then she outed herself as unlynchable.

At that point, I decided pressing her was win-win-win for me. If she was Light or Misa, super. If she wasn't, I had someone to go after until Higuchi got his death note. If she was Near, maybe she would get Night killed.
I was wondering about this too. Makes sense.

I was really intrigued to see the mafia game within the mafia game that was Yotsuba. At some point, I thought maybe I shouldn't have made Higuchi unkillable before he had his DN, but I didn't want both Higuchi and Mikami being killed by Kira or lynched early on, since that would have given Light very little protection.

Then Bass started coming under a TON of heat and, right on time, he received the DN. I thought for sure he was going to lose, but then Daisy got TH lynched instead. Lol.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Matsuda dying D1 was something, tho, why on earth did Trice play like that.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ricochet wrote:Matsuda dying D1 was something, tho, why on earth did Trice play like that.
Why not? It's totally something I would do.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Also interesting that every Kira made the Eye Deal, Kami included. I would have, too.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I was shocked that I lost Matsuda so early, that definitely was a huge hit to the detectives. The only benefit was DP (Aizawa) being able to have a 100% block of Misa on two occasions, but he only ended up utilizing one, and it was at the time Bass was killing. :P
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Matsuda dying D1 was something, tho, why on earth did Trice play like that.
Why not? It's totally something I would do.
Idk. Totally in character (loyal to detective cause on that vote option banter), yet flawedly aggressive considering his important role.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

The eye deal was necessary to night-kill Near, Mello, and L.

Of course, none of them were night-killed in a standard sense.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Ricochet wrote:Also interesting that every Kira made the Eye Deal, Kami included. I would have, too.
I would have made the Eye Deal ASAP, especially knowing you can win if you die.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Also interesting that every Kira made the Eye Deal, Kami included. I would have, too.
I told them multiple times they should. They didn't take it until role secrets were revealed so we knew that we needed it.

That was an aspect of the game that I believe benefited the Sympathizers far more than the other players.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Ok, bye for now.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
I told them multiple times they should. They didn't take it until role secrets were revealed so we knew that we needed it.

That was an aspect of the game that I believe benefited the Sympathizers far more than the other players.
Of course it did. It's a double role check to help you decide a kill. Plus it doesn't matter if you have double votes against you- you win if dead.
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 137

Post by Matahari »

Elohcin- please don't feel bad about your blunder. I made a horrible mistake during this game, and I was sweating bullets for days. I decided not to tell my team because I didn't want them to worry too, if nothing bad came of it. I did tell Boo though. There was a day when we couldn't reach Boo, and we needed him asap. I remembered that he was on my facebook list, from an old game at TP, so I sent him a pm at FB that started out with "Boo, this is Mata". Hours went by and he still hadn't come to the chat. So I needed to go to bed, and I went back to FB and added that Daisy and MM needed to finalize some plans.

The next day, Boo was in the chat, so I sent Boo a pm here, and I told him to just ignore the FB message, and he said it wasn't him. :omg: I was so scared that the person I sent that message to was going to be someone in the game. Like 3 years, maybe more, I thought this guy was Boo :blush: And the guy on facebook finally pm'd me back and said he used to play mafia but not anymore, and he wished me good luck. :blush: :blush: geez, I'm an idiot.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Lol, omg mata that is so freaking funny!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Who was it?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 224
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Ha ha ha great story Mata! Congrats on the win. In fact, congrats to all those who won. It was a great game and I have no complaints about any body, any mechanic or any way that things worked out.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

LOL Mata, even I didn't know about that! That's awesome!

juliets wrote:Ha ha ha great story Mata! Congrats on the win. In fact, congrats to all those who won. It was a great game and I have no complaints about any body, any mechanic or any way that things worked out.
It was a shame you didn't get to use your Shinigami Eye Deal power, I was really hoping to see how that would play out.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Again, I want to give a HUGE thanks to all of you this game. You participated and truly made this an amazing game. I couldn't believe how many people really gave it 110%. It was a wonderful, drama-free, truly epic game, and I apologize for all the confusion and frustration I caused. :P

Or am I? :feb:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Of course it did. It's a double role check to help you decide a kill. Plus it doesn't matter if you have double votes against you- you win if dead.
Oops, I meant the role secrets being revealed, not the Eye Deal.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 224
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Yes i should have used it earlier but I was afraid (dont ask me why) of the votes. I should have used it the night after it became available.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Hey Epi, I totally role claimed your role when talking to llama. He was like, mogi said there was a 50% chance you were Shimura, so either that is wrong or I was lying. I was thinking "shit!" But I just said "LOL, no it is wrong."
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

juliets wrote:Yes i should have used it earlier but I was afraid (dont ask me why) of the votes. I should have used it the night after it became available.
I understand the hesitation, don't get me wrong! It's difficult to say what I would have done in your position.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Spacedaisy wrote:Hey Epi, I totally role claimed your role when talking to llama. He was like, mogi said there was a 50% chance you were Shimura, so either that is wrong or I was lying. I was thinking "shit!" But I just said "LOL, no it is wrong."
Yes I know. Pick on the pointless pencil pushers.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

:consoling:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 137

Post by Matahari »

Spacedaisy wrote:Who was it?
I'll have to go and see what his name was. Thank you guys for helping me so much during this game. I was so impressed with Daisy's skill at mafia, and MM's and Boo's. MM made me laugh a zillion times, and I didn't even trust him. I thought he had a secret win con with TH. And TH was amazing, holy shit, he was on top of everything all game. I learned something really important, if you take a long break from mafia, never come back and sign up for an MP game. :nicenod: play something easier first.

I didn't get my head wrapped around the game until TH let Llama know that it was time for DH to start killing. That post finally got me invested but, I was already outed.

Golden!!!!!!!! I can't wait to suspect you again :p
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Matahari wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:Who was it?
I'll have to go and see what his name was. Thank you guys for helping me so much during this game. I was so impressed with Daisy's skill at mafia, and MM's and Boo's. MM made me laugh a zillion times, and I didn't even trust him. I thought he had a secret win con with TH. And TH was amazing, holy shit, he was on top of everything all game. I learned something really important, if you take a long break from mafia, never come back and sign up for an MP game. :nicenod: play something easier first.

I didn't get my head wrapped around the game until TH let Llama know that it was time for DH to start killing. That post finally got me invested but, I was already outed.

Golden!!!!!!!! I can't wait to suspect you again :p
Haha, I totally caught TH on that plan. I called him out on it, and basically told the whole thread what he was up to. I'm surprised more detectives didn't go along with the plan, because lynching L, theoretically, would have been beneficial to them.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Golden »

Matahari wrote:Golden!!!!!!!! I can't wait to suspect you again :p
:hug: hoped you would notice :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 63

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

Ew. Congrats baddies. I enjoyed that game a lot despite sucking at basically everything that wasn't surviving. :p

Return to “Previous Jobs”