Death Note Mafia [END]

Moderator: Community Team

User avatar
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts: 6878
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:37 am

Isolate Posts by Turnip Head

Re: Death Note Mafia [END]

#7721

Post by Turnip Head » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:00 am

Yeah man if I had voted for Daisy the detectives could have won. I wanted to save some votes for the following day because I thought even if I sniped Light we would still need to take out Mikami next, but you were already dead, so yeah. I could have won the game for the detectives if I had figured things out. *slinks away into the shadows* :ninja:
I've only won a couple games tbh

User avatar
Ricochet
call for help
Posts: 10534
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:12 pm
Gender: Fluid
Location: :-) ALL

Isolate Posts by Ricochet

Re: Death Note Mafia [END]

#7722

Post by Ricochet » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:10 am

Turnip Head wrote:Yeah man if I had voted for Daisy the detectives could have won. I wanted to save some votes for the following day because I thought even if I sniped Light we would still need to take out Mikami next, but you were already dead, so yeah. I could have won the game for the detectives if I had figured things out. *slinks away into the shadows* :ninja:
Yes

yesyesyesyes

YES/YES
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Ricochet
call for help
Posts: 10534
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:12 pm
Gender: Fluid
Location: :-) ALL

Isolate Posts by Ricochet

Re: Death Note Mafia [END]

#7723

Post by Ricochet » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:13 am

So I think I also want to inquire, MP and/or Team Light, what were the mechanics of using the DN and timing a kill with it (I ask this since I was the only DN eligible never to even be made familiair with this) and, to the best of knowledge, what kills were executed, which failed early on and who dunnit it, up until Bass started killing of course.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

User avatar
MovingPictures07
The Don
Posts: 26404
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:20 am
Gender: Male
Location: San Antonio, TX

Isolate Posts by MovingPictures07

Re: Death Note Mafia [END]

#7724

Post by MovingPictures07 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:14 am

Mechanics of the DN:

Your kills work typically (you send in the name of the player you want to kill) and you may elect to kill nightly.

With that said, there are added dimensions to your killing which you are free to use to your advantage. You may control the time of death, as well as conditions triggering death, for each of your victims. However, the soonest that your kill can occur is typical (that night). The latest it can occur is as long as you wish. So, for example, there are three broad routes you can take with your kill:

1) Standard - Player dies at end of night - ex) It's Night 3. You say "I want to kill MP" and the N3 post says "MP has been killed by Kira", assuming your kill is successful.
2) Delayed time - Player dies at different time specified by you - ex) It's Night 3. You say "I want to kill MP" and add that you want him to die at the end of D5. Then the N3 post will say "No one has been killed" and instead I will create a post at the end of D5 with "MP has been killed by Kira"
3) Conditional - Player dies at specified trigger event - ex) It's Night 3. You say "I want to kill MP" and add that you want him to die when he votes for Dom. Then the N3 post will say "No one has been killed" and instead whenever MP votes for DoM I will kill him instantaneously and say "MP has been killed by Kira"

Now, a caveat regarding the options 2 and 3. Obviously, RL takes precedent, and although I do have a very flexible schedule I do keep pretty busy. So, you may ask me ahead of time if you are considering an option (though this is impossible to predict for option 3, and applies to option 2), and I can give you an idea if I may be available at that time. Regardless, these options may receive a delayed post, but I promise I will make them as absolutely instantaneous and timely as I can.

You should note that just because you may be killing using option 2 or 3 instead of 1, if your kill was going to fail due to whatever reason, it still will fail, even if the reason for it failing was N3 and your kill is taking place later.

In addition, in my host post killing your target, you may "control the victim's actions before death", so you may request a certain content to the host post. I am willing to work with and negotiate with you on this matter if you are willing to take advantage of it, but you do not have to.

User avatar
DharmaHelper
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts: 9437
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:29 pm

Isolate Posts by DharmaHelper

Re: Death Note Mafia [END]

#7725

Post by DharmaHelper » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:15 am

Thank you for elucidating that MP
our Linkitis is our lives.



#BroughtBackThePoliticsThread

User avatar
MovingPictures07
The Don
Posts: 26404
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:20 am
Gender: Male
Location: San Antonio, TX

Isolate Posts by MovingPictures07

Re: Death Note Mafia [END]

#7726

Post by MovingPictures07 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:16 am

Failed kills:
- Mata tried to kill FZ. on Night 3 (normal timing) -- failed because FZ. is Near, role is unknown, and L is currently alive
- Spacedaisy tried to kill boo on Night 3 (normal timing) -- failed because boo is Rem
- Spacedaisy tried to kill DH on Night 8 (normal timing) -- failed because DH is Mello and L is currently alive

User avatar
MovingPictures07
The Don
Posts: 26404
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:20 am
Gender: Male
Location: San Antonio, TX

Isolate Posts by MovingPictures07

Re: Death Note Mafia [END]

#7727

Post by MovingPictures07 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:16 am

DharmaHelper wrote:Thank you for elucidating that MP
You're welcome. :P

Digging the new avatar. :noble:

User avatar
Ricochet
call for help
Posts: 10534
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:12 pm
Gender: Fluid
Location: :-) ALL

Isolate Posts by Ricochet

Re: Death Note Mafia [END]

#7728

Post by Ricochet » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:17 am

DharmaHelper wrote:Thank you for elucidating that MP
Wait you weren't made aware at all?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

User avatar
MovingPictures07
The Don
Posts: 26404
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:20 am
Gender: Male
Location: San Antonio, TX

Isolate Posts by MovingPictures07

Re: Death Note Mafia [END]

#7729

Post by MovingPictures07 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:17 am

Ricochet wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Thank you for elucidating that MP
Wait you weren't made aware at all?
He couldn't kill until L was dead, so I didn't send him that PM since that didn't occur.

User avatar
DharmaHelper
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts: 9437
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:29 pm

Isolate Posts by DharmaHelper

Re: Death Note Mafia [END]

#7730

Post by DharmaHelper » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:17 am

I had hoped that my "deductions" would make it look like I was L.

Linki: I never got to use my death note so I was not told any of that :P
our Linkitis is our lives.



#BroughtBackThePoliticsThread

User avatar
Ricochet
call for help
Posts: 10534
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:12 pm
Gender: Fluid
Location: :-) ALL

Isolate Posts by Ricochet

Re: Death Note Mafia [END]

#7731

Post by Ricochet » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:20 am

DharmaHelper wrote:I had hoped that my "deductions" would make it look like I was L.

Linki: I never got to use my death note so I was not told any of that :P
To be honest, it never made you look like anything to me, except the player who's kicking my ass at deductions. You and TH.

I mean, no wonder you two were fit for BTSC!

:P
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

User avatar
MovingPictures07
The Don
Posts: 26404
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:20 am
Gender: Male
Location: San Antonio, TX

Isolate Posts by MovingPictures07

Re: Death Note Mafia [END]

#7732

Post by MovingPictures07 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:20 am

It's interesting to note that Llama almost received the most votes on Day 2, which could have altered the game significantly.

Here is the post I had ready in case he did get "lynched":

-------------------------------------------------------------

Day 2: Boomslang's Plan B
[/b]
THELLAMA73: Seriously?!? Why can't anyone understand that I'm doing my best to catch Kira?!! Anyone with a brain can see that. Look at Snowman! He's done NOTHING!

Snowman quietly chuckles as Sockface begins writing down thellama73's name in the Lynch Note.

Meanwhile, Boomslang had slipped away from the crowd, with a clear agenda in mind. He had taken his sniper rifle and waited for the perfect moment...


BANG!

SOCKFACE: Ouch!!!!!!

Sockface shook his right hand in pain. Players gasped. Many of them turned around to see... nothing.

Boomslang had rushed steathily right next to Sockface, catching his pen right before it hit the ground. He held his rifle to Sockface's head.


BOOMSLANG: Hand me the Lynch Note. Now.

The players, frozen, watched in awe. Sockface grinned, handing over the note. Boomslang started writing down a name in the notebook. None of the players could say a word, as they were too fearful and shocked.

Boomslang handed the notebook back to Sockface.


BOOMSLANG: It is done.

Forty seconds later, Boomslang collapsed, dying of a heart attack.


Boomslang has been lynched. He was Watari.

It is now Day 3.

You have 48 hours to catch and find Kira (again).


-------------------------------------------------------------

But then BWT received momentum out of nowhere and I had to come up with a new post... and I never got to use this one.

User avatar
DharmaHelper
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts: 9437
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:29 pm

Isolate Posts by DharmaHelper

Re: Death Note Mafia [END]

#7733

Post by DharmaHelper » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:21 am

MP, if I had gotten my DN, and used it to say "DH, who is Mello, will die 48 hours after a successful Spacedaisy lynch." Would that have protected me from any other DN?
our Linkitis is our lives.



#BroughtBackThePoliticsThread

User avatar
MovingPictures07
The Don
Posts: 26404
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:20 am
Gender: Male
Location: San Antonio, TX

Isolate Posts by MovingPictures07

Re: Death Note Mafia [END]

#7734

Post by MovingPictures07 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:22 am

DharmaHelper wrote:MP, if I had gotten my DN, and used it to say "DH, who is Mello, will die 48 hours after a successful Spacedaisy lynch." Would that have protected me from any other DN?
That's an awesome idea, but unfortunately it wouldn't have worked. Like in the anime, if the same person is killed by two different people, the death which occurs sooner would override the one that otherwise would occur later.

User avatar
DharmaHelper
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts: 9437
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:29 pm

Isolate Posts by DharmaHelper

Re: Death Note Mafia [END]

#7735

Post by DharmaHelper » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:23 am

Ricochet wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:I had hoped that my "deductions" would make it look like I was L.

Linki: I never got to use my death note so I was not told any of that :P
To be honest, it never made you look like anything to me, except the player who's kicking my ass at deductions. You and TH.

I mean, no wonder you two were fit for BTSC!

:P
I can't wait to host my Baker Street game. I plan on making it very deduction-friendly.
our Linkitis is our lives.



#BroughtBackThePoliticsThread

User avatar
DharmaHelper
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts: 9437
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:29 pm

Isolate Posts by DharmaHelper

Re: Death Note Mafia [END]

#7736

Post by DharmaHelper » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:24 am

MovingPictures07 wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:MP, if I had gotten my DN, and used it to say "DH, who is Mello, will die 48 hours after a successful Spacedaisy lynch." Would that have protected me from any other DN?
That's an awesome idea, but unfortunately it wouldn't have worked. Like in the anime, if the same person is killed by two different people, the death which occurs sooner would override the one that otherwise would occur later.
I would have had so much fun with a DN.
our Linkitis is our lives.



#BroughtBackThePoliticsThread

User avatar
DharmaHelper
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts: 9437
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:29 pm

Isolate Posts by DharmaHelper

Re: Death Note Mafia [END]

#7737

Post by DharmaHelper » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:25 am

"Matahari will die exactly 1 hour after mentioning a teammate."
our Linkitis is our lives.



#BroughtBackThePoliticsThread

User avatar
MovingPictures07
The Don
Posts: 26404
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:20 am
Gender: Male
Location: San Antonio, TX

Isolate Posts by MovingPictures07

Re: Death Note Mafia [END]

#7738

Post by MovingPictures07 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:25 am

I would absolutely love to run this game again, especially using the L/Light lynch vote mechanic, but of course it wouldn't be the same since all of the secrets are revealed.

User avatar
DharmaHelper
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts: 9437
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:29 pm

Isolate Posts by DharmaHelper

Re: Death Note Mafia [END]

#7739

Post by DharmaHelper » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:26 am

MovingPictures07 wrote:I would absolutely love to run this game again, especially using the L/Light lynch vote mechanic, but of course it wouldn't be the same since all of the secrets are revealed.
Just run a LMS free BTSC game and randomly give out a Death Note.
our Linkitis is our lives.



#BroughtBackThePoliticsThread

User avatar
Ricochet
call for help
Posts: 10534
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:12 pm
Gender: Fluid
Location: :-) ALL

Isolate Posts by Ricochet

Re: Death Note Mafia [END]

#7740

Post by Ricochet » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:26 am

I figured your tilded secrets, DH, include the same basic operating rule for a DN, but I couldn't crack the first sentence (which was similar to Near's) without any letters. But I doubt MP would have allowed your role to be revealed, even if I would have got it right.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

User avatar
MovingPictures07
The Don
Posts: 26404
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:20 am
Gender: Male
Location: San Antonio, TX

Isolate Posts by MovingPictures07

Re: Death Note Mafia [END]

#7741

Post by MovingPictures07 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:27 am

DharmaHelper wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I would absolutely love to run this game again, especially using the L/Light lynch vote mechanic, but of course it wouldn't be the same since all of the secrets are revealed.
Just run a LMS free BTSC game and randomly give out a Death Note.
That's definitely a thought, and something similar to a game setup I considered WAY in the early stages of planning this game.

User avatar
DharmaHelper
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts: 9437
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:29 pm

Isolate Posts by DharmaHelper

Re: Death Note Mafia [END]

#7742

Post by DharmaHelper » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:27 am

Ricochet wrote:I figured your tilded secrets, DH, include the same basic operating rule for a DN, but I couldn't crack the first sentence (which was similar to Near's) without any letters. But I doubt MP would have allowed your role to be revealed, even if I would have got it right.
I considered fucking with you guys and taking "guesses" at the secret-secrets in thread.
our Linkitis is our lives.



#BroughtBackThePoliticsThread

User avatar
MovingPictures07
The Don
Posts: 26404
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:20 am
Gender: Male
Location: San Antonio, TX

Isolate Posts by MovingPictures07

Re: Death Note Mafia [END]

#7743

Post by MovingPictures07 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:28 am

Ricochet wrote:I figured your tilded secrets, DH, include the same basic operating rule for a DN, but I couldn't crack the first sentence (which was similar to Near's) without any letters. But I doubt MP would have allowed your role to be revealed, even if I would have got it right.
Indeed. :feb:

User avatar
DharmaHelper
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts: 9437
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:29 pm

Isolate Posts by DharmaHelper

Re: Death Note Mafia [END]

#7744

Post by DharmaHelper » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:28 am

"Spacedaisy will die of asphyxiation 23 minutes after telling a lie."
our Linkitis is our lives.



#BroughtBackThePoliticsThread

User avatar
Ricochet
call for help
Posts: 10534
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:12 pm
Gender: Fluid
Location: :-) ALL

Isolate Posts by Ricochet

Re: Death Note Mafia [END]

#7745

Post by Ricochet » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:29 am

Oh right, also: nine Mogi checks? Nine?? And did he assign anybody else post-mortem?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

User avatar
DharmaHelper
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts: 9437
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:29 pm

Isolate Posts by DharmaHelper

Re: Death Note Mafia [END]

#7746

Post by DharmaHelper » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:30 am

Ricochet wrote:Oh right, also: nine Mogi checks? Nine?? And did he assign anybody else post-mortem?
The reason we wanted to keep Mogi's role a secret was to avoid outting the successor. We looked over who it might be privately, I think we thought it was SD at one point.
our Linkitis is our lives.



#BroughtBackThePoliticsThread

User avatar
Ricochet
call for help
Posts: 10534
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:12 pm
Gender: Fluid
Location: :-) ALL

Isolate Posts by Ricochet

Re: Death Note Mafia [END]

#7747

Post by Ricochet » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:31 am

DharmaHelper wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Oh right, also: nine Mogi checks? Nine?? And did he assign anybody else post-mortem?
The reason we wanted to keep Mogi's role a secret was to avoid outting the successor. We looked over who it might be privately, I think we thought it was SD at one point.
I kept track of players activity and nobody stuck out as having went silent 48 hours.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

User avatar
DharmaHelper
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts: 9437
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:29 pm

Isolate Posts by DharmaHelper

Re: Death Note Mafia [END]

#7748

Post by DharmaHelper » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:31 am

"If Bass casts his vote for a Detective, he will die 24 hours later."
our Linkitis is our lives.



#BroughtBackThePoliticsThread

User avatar
MovingPictures07
The Don
Posts: 26404
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:20 am
Gender: Male
Location: San Antonio, TX

Isolate Posts by MovingPictures07

Re: Death Note Mafia [END]

#7749

Post by MovingPictures07 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:32 am

Ricochet wrote:Oh right, also: nine Mogi checks? Nine?? And did he assign anybody else post-mortem?
Oh, yes, Mogi checks! Let me reveal those. I knew there were still things we hadn't discussed/revealed.

1) thellama73 - correct - L
2) Turnip Head - correct - Sidoh
3) S~V~S - redirected - Hirokazu Ukita
4) Epignosis - correct - Suguru Shimura
5) zeek - redirected - Reiji Namikawa
6) Ricochet - redirected - Soichiro Yagami
7) Metalmarsh89 - correct - Ryuk
8) Made - correct - Masahiko Kida
9) Matahari - correct - Misa Amane (Second Kira)

Note he never checked FZ. :feb:

Also, he chose juliets as his successor, but she never went 48 hours without posting, and therefore did not receive a role check.

User avatar
DharmaHelper
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts: 9437
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:29 pm

Isolate Posts by DharmaHelper

Re: Death Note Mafia [END]

#7750

Post by DharmaHelper » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:33 am

Classic Juliets.
our Linkitis is our lives.



#BroughtBackThePoliticsThread

User avatar
DharmaHelper
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts: 9437
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:29 pm

Isolate Posts by DharmaHelper

Re: Death Note Mafia [END]

#7751

Post by DharmaHelper » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:35 am

Most active topic:
Death Note Mafia [END]
(817 Posts / 24.50% of your posts)
our Linkitis is our lives.



#BroughtBackThePoliticsThread

User avatar
Ricochet
call for help
Posts: 10534
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:12 pm
Gender: Fluid
Location: :-) ALL

Isolate Posts by Ricochet

Re: Death Note Mafia [END]

#7752

Post by Ricochet » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:35 am

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Oh right, also: nine Mogi checks? Nine?? And did he assign anybody else post-mortem?
Oh, yes, Mogi checks! Let me reveal those. I knew there were still things we hadn't discussed/revealed.

1) thellama73 - correct - L
2) Turnip Head - correct - Sidoh
3) S~V~S - redirected - Hirokazu Ukita
4) Epignosis - correct - Suguru Shimura
5) zeek - redirected - Reiji Namikawa
6) Ricochet - redirected - Soichiro Yagami
7) Metalmarsh89 - correct - Ryuk
8) Made - correct - Masahiko Kida
9) Matahari - correct - Misa Amane (Second Kira)

Note he never checked FZ. :feb:

Also, he chose juliets as his successor, but she never went 48 hours without posting, and therefore did not receive a role check.
Well look at that dodge of a bullet.

What I still don't get is that his secrets were revealed Day 5, I think and he got killed Day 6. How did he get so many extra checks in this short interval?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts: 6878
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:37 am

Isolate Posts by Turnip Head

Re: Death Note Mafia [END]

#7753

Post by Turnip Head » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:38 am

Ricochet wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Oh right, also: nine Mogi checks? Nine?? And did he assign anybody else post-mortem?
The reason we wanted to keep Mogi's role a secret was to avoid outting the successor. We looked over who it might be privately, I think we thought it was SD at one point.
I kept track of players activity and nobody stuck out as having went silent 48 hours.
We did the same thing. We never figured out who it was. We monitored everyone closely and nobody seemed to fit.
I've only won a couple games tbh

User avatar
MovingPictures07
The Don
Posts: 26404
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:20 am
Gender: Male
Location: San Antonio, TX

Isolate Posts by MovingPictures07

Re: Death Note Mafia [END]

#7754

Post by MovingPictures07 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:41 am

DharmaHelper wrote:Most active topic:
Death Note Mafia [END]
(817 Posts / 24.50% of your posts)
:noble:

I was wondering if TH would hit 1,000. It seems he's at 996 at the moment.

User avatar
Marmot
Marmot
Posts: 17671
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:21 am
Gender: Male
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Isolate Posts by Marmot

Re: Death Note Mafia [END]

#7755

Post by Marmot » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:42 am

Ricochet wrote:So I think I also want to inquire, MP and/or Team Light, what were the mechanics of using the DN and timing a kill with it (I ask this since I was the only DN eligible never to even be made familiair with this) and, to the best of knowledge, what kills were executed, which failed early on and who dunnit it, up until Bass started killing of course.
Let's see if I can recreate this to the best of my knowledge.

Night 1 - Daisy killed Long Con. This kill was to take place just after the Day 2 lynch, to get players thinking, and even worrying when the kill didn't happen normally.
Night 2 - Daisy killed SVS. This kill took place at exactly 2:30 PM EST, because we wanted to share with the thread (and Eloh) that we were paying attention.
Night 3 - Daisy killed boo, and Mata killed FZ. Both kills failed because boo was Rem and FZ was Near. Both kills were intended to happen immediately at the end of Night. We also gained BTSC with Mata that night AND lost Daisy's DN to TH.
Night 4 - Mata killed Aces. This kill we pushed back again just to keep the timing all over the place. We picked Aces because we thought that he was SVS's Penber partner. This was also my first (pretty lame) attempt at adding flavor to the NK.
Night 5 - Mata killed Zomba. This kill was immediate, because at this point we were certain, based on in-thread reads and everything, that Zomba was Naomi Penber. We were rewarded there.
Night 6 - Mata killed Russti - We finally took the Eye Deal, and we checked Russ and Epi. We also finally learned that one player could kill with the other's DN, so Daisy took the deal but killed with Mata's DN since Daisy was immune to lynches at the time. Since Epi wasn't a threat and Russ was Mogi, we sent a kill his way. We timed this one to occur exactly 48 hours after his previous post just to mess with him. The flavor in that NK was all MP's doing. I think...
Night 7 - Daisy killed bea - This time we checked Ricohet and bea. Ricochet was (surprisingly) Mikami, so of course we killed bea. The flavor there was all my doing. Bea showed me that picture when we were chatting via PM sometime, so I thought it would be perfect.
Night 8 - Daisy killed DH - We checked DH and juliets, so of course we attempted to kill the more dangerous role in DH. Unfortunately, he could not be NK'd at the time, after which that secret was revealed in his role. So we used Daisy's DN scrap to check Boomslang and BR during the Day 9 phase. Since Boomslang was Watari, we went ahead and killed him to get him out of the way. That was particularly helpful since llama ended up being lynched the next day.
Night 9 - There was no Night 9. But the Day 9 lynch told us for certain that FZ was Near (since she survived a NK and a lynch).
Night 10 - Bass killed Epi and juliets. Daisy passed both DN's to Higuchi this day, so Bass ended up with both. Boo communicated to us after we lost BTSC in thread that Bass was Higuchi, and aso took care of Mello and Near for us. Bass checked Epi, juliets, zeek, and DP. He killed Epi because he was Yotsuba and juliets because she had was the strongest detective of the three.
Night 11 - Bass killed BR and Rico. Well Bass killed BR because she was Yotsuba and Rico because he was Mikami. Bass also checked myself and Daisy that night, so he killed the only killable role left.
Night 12 - Daisy killed zeek and Mata. And that's game.
S~V~S wrote:You killed my marmot.
Spoiler: show
Image
Image

User avatar
MovingPictures07
The Don
Posts: 26404
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:20 am
Gender: Male
Location: San Antonio, TX

Isolate Posts by MovingPictures07

Re: Death Note Mafia [END]

#7756

Post by MovingPictures07 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:42 am

Ricochet wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Oh right, also: nine Mogi checks? Nine?? And did he assign anybody else post-mortem?
Oh, yes, Mogi checks! Let me reveal those. I knew there were still things we hadn't discussed/revealed.

1) thellama73 - correct - L
2) Turnip Head - correct - Sidoh
3) S~V~S - redirected - Hirokazu Ukita
4) Epignosis - correct - Suguru Shimura
5) zeek - redirected - Reiji Namikawa
6) Ricochet - redirected - Soichiro Yagami
7) Metalmarsh89 - correct - Ryuk
8) Made - correct - Masahiko Kida
9) Matahari - correct - Misa Amane (Second Kira)

Note he never checked FZ. :feb:

Also, he chose juliets as his successor, but she never went 48 hours without posting, and therefore did not receive a role check.
Well look at that dodge of a bullet.

What I still don't get is that his secrets were revealed Day 5, I think and he got killed Day 6. How did he get so many extra checks in this short interval?
The 9th check was due to his secret secrets. The 48-hour intervals started immediately (hence why he didn't post Day 0). I could go back and double check the exact time frames, but I'm a bit too tired to do that tonight, so if Russ doesn't do that and you folks are interested, I'll take a look at it tomorrow and get back to you.

User avatar
bea
Racketeer
Posts: 4405
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:33 pm

Isolate Posts by bea

Re: Death Note Mafia [END]

#7757

Post by bea » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:44 am

DharmaHelper wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Special shout to my active Film baddie laureates for winning again alongside me,, even if we had no contact, even if TH hunted me. :noble: Really glad I helped TH. Oh w8, I missed the vote lol.
And you missed your cue to suicide. We knew who you were, lol, and we did want you to commit suicide at that time.

Linki @DH: A paragraph would do, maybe. Was it something from another player, or just the structure?
An argument could be made that the powers of the mafia were a little much to overcome, especially when two of the more powerful civ roles had to wait so long to use their own powers, but I'm not really too bothered by that, since I got to do a lot of decoding and stuff to keep me busy.

What did bother me was my interactions this game with certain players, that just took the fun out of it for me. :shrug:
I am truly sorry for my part in that. I attributed things to you that others said and I feel very badly for how I reacted to you DH. Please know that I adore you to death and I hope that you can forgive me for behaving so poorly. :hugs:
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!

User avatar
MovingPictures07
The Don
Posts: 26404
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:20 am
Gender: Male
Location: San Antonio, TX

Isolate Posts by MovingPictures07

Re: Death Note Mafia [END]

#7758

Post by MovingPictures07 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:44 am

I am hoping Boomslang, FZ., Russtifinko, and those who haven't seen the endgame discussion yet check in, especially Russ, since I'm curious to hear them share their thoughts.

User avatar
Marmot
Marmot
Posts: 17671
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:21 am
Gender: Male
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Isolate Posts by Marmot

Re: Death Note Mafia [END]

#7759

Post by Marmot » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:47 am

bea wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Special shout to my active Film baddie laureates for winning again alongside me,, even if we had no contact, even if TH hunted me. :noble: Really glad I helped TH. Oh w8, I missed the vote lol.
And you missed your cue to suicide. We knew who you were, lol, and we did want you to commit suicide at that time.

Linki @DH: A paragraph would do, maybe. Was it something from another player, or just the structure?
An argument could be made that the powers of the mafia were a little much to overcome, especially when two of the more powerful civ roles had to wait so long to use their own powers, but I'm not really too bothered by that, since I got to do a lot of decoding and stuff to keep me busy.

What did bother me was my interactions this game with certain players, that just took the fun out of it for me. :shrug:
I am truly sorry for my part in that. I attributed things to you that others said and I feel very badly for how I reacted to you DH. Please know that I adore you to death and I hope that you can forgive me for behaving so poorly. :hugs:
I hope you will forgive me for making fun of you in life and in death. Your death post was entirely my doing, and Daisy and Mata even said it might be too harsh. :blush:
S~V~S wrote:You killed my marmot.
Spoiler: show
Image
Image

User avatar
Marmot
Marmot
Posts: 17671
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:21 am
Gender: Male
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Isolate Posts by Marmot

Re: Death Note Mafia [END]

#7760

Post by Marmot » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:52 am

Oh shit, BDH is online. I better hide. :Uhh:
S~V~S wrote:You killed my marmot.
Spoiler: show
Image
Image

Post Reply