The Flash: Battle for the Gem Cities (Day 12)

Moderator: Community Team

Can Someone Finally Die?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:52 pm

Bass 2.0
No votes
Black Rock
No votes
DFaraday
20%
FZ.
33%
Long Con
No votes
MetalMarsh89
No votes
Sophie
No votes
Devin the Omniscient
No votes
I...Iiii...I'm Still Alive (Host, Mod, Nons)
47%

Total votes: 15
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 147

Re: The Flash: Battle for the Gem Cities (Day 12)

Post by Black Rock »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Long Con wrote:Oh, and Bass, sorry we had BR lie to you about FZ and Rabbit being New Rogues in the BTSC... we were worried that you might be Heat Wave because you seemed very sketchy about your Dr Alchemy powers and what you did with them. You said you targeted me, but I hadn't received a random power for it, so it seemed like a lie. Also, you said you got a silence from targeting me and from targeting Timmer, which made no sense to us. That mistrust was also why BR teleported away from you after saying she was going to stay at the City Center. :)

If you had targeted me on Night 9, it would have failed. It was Day 9 that I moved to Granite Peak to hide behind my hologram. (Unless Wally was in the very top-right of the map).
That was my bad. I used my power on TH,Timmer, and MM. When I targeted Timmer I got to see who someone targeted at night. I Used that power on you but you didnt target anyone. TH and MM both gave me the power to silence someone one. That really confused me.
And I never got a random power, which was another reason I didn't quite trust you. I figured you had picked me, but you still kept trying to get me lynched.
Makes sense that he would go after you after getting a silencing power from you.
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 672
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

He made it evident that he targeted me, but I never dealt with any repercussions, so I thought he might be lying somewhere and was even claiming a role that he found out was dead.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 454
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

That was my understanding of Tar Pit. Maybe it was a voluntary thing, not automatic? It doesn't read like that. :shrug: We could have sent you on far-corner missions or something. :haha: I hope MR reveals all the Map locations and what they did. In detail. Like I wanna know what each statue in the Flash Museum did. I also want to know what caused the lightning storm, and why the world was Flashpoint world thereafter, and if it affected the game. And what was the item on Roxy's body that I was too scared/busy to pick up and identify?
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 87
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

At the Flash Museum I picked up The Rival's Speed Force Formula. It allowed me 5 extra square moves to use whenever I wished. I had only used one extra move so you could have had 4 LC.
;)
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 159

Post by Draconus »

Black Rock wrote:LC and Devin, I am so proud of our team. I had so much fun plotting and scheming with you two. This game became our pillow talk. I mean with LC not with Devin or Devin and LC. Anyways... We totally kicked this games ass considering we lost two teammates so early and our kill was locked up in Iron Heights. With all the civ BTSC and map BTSC I was sure we had lost before we started. Everyone started trusting each other and vouching, I was sure we were screwed.
:haha: I doubt anyone would have assumed it was pillow talk for the 3 of us :P
You 2 were amazing teammates!!! I could not have won without you both. I was having fun cozying up to llama in our map btsc. But gaining btsc with you 2 made the game 1,000 times more fun.
And sorry llama. I provided your location for the attack drone that LC used on you :llama: Also, we were able to buddy up to Sophie after you told me not to go after her, indirectly telling us who she was :)

We were definitely hanging on by the thinnest of threads at that point, BR. We were very lucky that Timmer didn't change his vote from me to cause a tie. BTW, he had me pegged as Girder ;) It was hilarious to watch everyone (except for the person who tried to kill me) ignore him.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 119

Post by blindfaeth »

Interesting, who was timmer? Even with bass explaining it to us that roxy was probably captain cold, I didn't believe it and would have never checked there tbh.
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

I think Timmer was Mirror Master.

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

blindfaeth wrote:Interesting, who was timmer? Even with bass explaining it to us that roxy was probably captain cold, I didn't believe it and would have never checked there tbh.
I can't believe we lynched you! :huh:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Yeah, that was a good lynch. :feb:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 220
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:We were definitely hanging on by the thinnest of threads at that point, BR. We were very lucky that Timmer didn't change his vote from me to cause a tie. BTW, he had me pegged as Girder ;) It was hilarious to watch everyone (except for the person who tried to kill me) ignore him.
Hahaha, oh yeah! I loved that part. After the kill failed I called you out for "parroting" people and you totally OWNED it! That was awesome. You played well, you pretty much had everyone in your corner.
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Turnip Head wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:We were definitely hanging on by the thinnest of threads at that point, BR. We were very lucky that Timmer didn't change his vote from me to cause a tie. BTW, he had me pegged as Girder ;) It was hilarious to watch everyone (except for the person who tried to kill me) ignore him.
Hahaha, oh yeah! I loved that part. After the kill failed I called you out for "parroting" people and you totally OWNED it! That was awesome. You played well, you pretty much had everyone in your corner.
:haha: Thanks! I've been called out for being overly defensive in the past, so I decided to start going with the flow in those situations. It worked out perfectly this time!

FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 353

Post by FZ. »

Why did you lynch me and not Sofie? That wasn't nice... :p
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

FZ. wrote:Why did you lynch me and not Sofie? That wasn't nice... :p
We didn't want you ending the days before we could get votes on the board :P

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Yes, the votes went on you early that day ("placeholders" :haha: ) to specifically make ending the day early an impossible plan. In our minds, you and MM and Sophie could have come in and talked about it and just decided to vote for me and end it to prevent any shenanigans, so we put that plan together to prevent it. Then it would have been too awkward to switch all our votes to Sophie, especially when we weren't totally outed yet.

I'm still writing my big post-game analysis, I just keep getting distracted.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Long Con wrote:Yes, the votes went on you early that day ("placeholders" :haha: ) to specifically make ending the day early an impossible plan. In our minds, you and MM and Sophie could have come in and talked about it and just decided to vote for me and end it to prevent any shenanigans, so we put that plan together to prevent it. Then it would have been too awkward to switch all our votes to Sophie, especially when we weren't totally outed yet.

I'm still writing my big post-game analysis, I just keep getting distracted.
To add to this, we couldn't know that every one would be online to switch the vote to Sophie in a timely manner.
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

I am missing this game right now. I was just thinking about it again. I don't always enjoy being evil as I am a civvie at heart, but this game took a lot of plotting and manipulating. I truly had such a good time with my team.
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

So, there's so much I want to say about the game I had. It was a very fun and interesting game, and I am proud to have played an excellent thread game, and an equally excellent map game. There are several factors in both aspects of the game that, if we didn't make the choices we did... we would not have ended up winning.

I started on square F7, four moves from Star Labs. From the outset, I decided that my map goal was to reach Star Labs. Day 1 we lynched Llama for being zany, and I was very pleased to see we took out Barry Allen, as I'm sure all the baddies were. Night 1, I was found by Blacksmith (BR), and I silenced Roxy (Captain Cold) because it wasn't something that could be traced back to me. I thought maybe Epig or Bullzeye would get the blame (sorry Epig, she killed you, maybe she suspected you of silencing her? :haha: ) I wasn't supposed to silence then, it was originally on even nights. I realized too late that a mistake had been made, and MR decided the best course of action was to simply change my role to odd nights instead. I moved north 1 square.

On Day 2, trying to play as my Civvie self, I called out Bass for his "there's one or two baddies in that voting group" post. I was honest about how it sounded to me, like it was good to say but meant little, and his lynch that day lost us Double Down but gained me cred as a genuine baddie hunter in some eyes. The funny thing is, Bass saying "cheat" in every post wasn't him self-cursing, it was something imposed upon him - I forget the details now. His "curse" was not a signal to Blacksmith as some suggested. Night 2 Roxy kills Epignosis and Plunder fails to kill. Night 2 there was the lightning storm that moved everyone, and I ended up on H8... still close to Star Labs, so my original mission to reach it still stood.

Day 3 Spacedaisy was really after me. Why, SD? Just good instincts? It didn't catch on because she had no meaty case to support the suspicion. The lynch vote was really close between SD and Aces, but no one was lynched, and the records were lost (MR, you have them?) Then the Day repeated, what was that? We lynched blindfaeth, and were very happy to see he was Golden Glider. With our limited BTSC, we wanted to limit the BTSC of others, of course. Night 3, I silenced Bass 2.0 to try and put suspicion on him, I think. I also ended up on the same square as rabbit8. We talked a bit about the game, and he said he wanted to get more involved, and planned to... but then he basically disappeared. :shrug:

Day 4 I moved north one square to H6, where blindfaeth's grave was. I could see a player to the south - the unmoving rabbit. Blindfaeth had ice skates that let me move two squares at a time, and cross squares I normally couldn't, like water. We lynched Aces despite Roxy's claims, which turned out pretty good for the Detectives. Night 4, Bullzeye was double-killed by a head-basher a la rock, and a too-late second murder intender. Neither of them were Plunder, so what gives?

reywaS was replaced by MP07, whom I enjoyed debating with very much. It got me something to say in-thread a seem really involved, and then we lynched him for it on Day 5! Another BTSCer out of the way, and the baddies were happy once again. Night 5...
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 245

Post by S~V~S »

:pout:
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

S~V~S wrote::pout:
Your lynch was a sad time. I'm sorry we needed it to happen.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I was a blundering idiot ha ha. I was fairly clueless. But I really did think you were misguided, you fooled me completely. I said more than once that the things you said sounded bad, but the way you said them did not. I always thought I could pick out your bad game in the past, but not so much anymore. Nice job, you deserved to win this.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

:noble: Thank you!

I just wanted to say so many times, "I know you're not bad, S~V~S... I'm not wrong about you, I'm just a lying baddie! :feb: " :haha:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:I was a blundering idiot ha ha. I was fairly clueless. But I really did think you were misguided, you fooled me completely. I said more than once that the things you said sounded bad, but the way you said them did not. I always thought I could pick out your bad game in the past, but not so much anymore. Nice job, you deserved to win this.
I don't think we butted heads a single time this game. :beer:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I have a better grip on your tells :shifty:

Did anyone post a finalized roles list?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

MR still owes us a Roles List, a Map, and an event explanation. :srsnod:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I'm sure we could construct one. We Detectives had a lot figured out.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Taken from your Presumed Role List earlier, MM:

Unaccounted for: Bullzeye, Spacedaisy, rabbit8.

Old Rogues

Captain Cold - Roxy
Heat Wave - fingersplints
Mirror Master - Timmer
Weather Wizard - FZ.
The Trickster - S~V~S
Golden Glider - blindfaeth

Independent Rogues

Captain Boomerang - DharmaHelper
Abra Kadabra - Soneji
Doctor Alchemy - Bass_the_Clever
Magenta - Spacedaisy?
The Folded Man - Bullzeye?
Rainbow Raider - MovingPictures07

New Rogues

The Top - Turnip Head
Blacksmith - Black Rock
Murmur - Long Con
Girder - Devin the Omniscient
Tar Pit - Epignosis
Plunder - DFaraday
Double-Down - Bass_the_Clever 1.0

Arch-Villains

Professor Zoom - AceofSpaces
Zoom - rabbit8?
Gorilla Grodd - DREAM

The Detectives

Wally West - Sophie
Pied Piper - Metalmarsh89
Barry Allen - thellama73
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Also, we need to know everyone's Win Conditions... specifically, the Arch-Villains!
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Agreed. I'm very curious about that.

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Soooo... Banners? :grin:

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 71

Post by Spacedaisy »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:Soooo... Banners? :grin:
Sorry for the delay guys. I'm going to try and get some graphics from MR to get the ball rolling on the banners. I appreciate your patience. :)
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Spacedaisy wrote:
Sorry for the delay guys. I'm going to try and get some graphics from MR to get the ball rolling on the banners. I appreciate your patience. :)
No worries! I was just curious about where we were with these :daisy:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:
Oh Ziltoid, you will get your banner. :nicenod:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:
Oh Ziltoid, you will get your banner. :nicenod:
:grin:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 142
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Flash banners are here!

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Those are rather flashy :grin:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 10
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Can I post here? I CAN post here. :)

I love to hear myself talk so I'm going to leave my notes here.

At first glance, this game appears unbalanced. Too few townies. Too many scum and survivors. However, inability to claim, no scum BTSC and at least two vigilante roles means a mass scum/neutral takeover is unlikely. As someone who has ran two Flash Rougues mafia games, I'm loving the theme of the roles and looking forward to reading them in full, along with a full explanation of the map. The whole letter thing is facinating.

As of mid Day 1, I am suspicious of Epi and Llama because I disagree with their scum hunting logic. However, I really dislike Elo's reaction to Epi's pressure.

I like LC and Dwarm's style. SVS and MM are running together in my head, possibly due to both asking a lot of questions and having animal avatars.

Refreshing to combine the more jokey day 1 of HCRealms with the more serious Day 1 of Mafia Universe.

More later, not that I expect anyone to see this.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Oh!

I generally view survivors as scum roles. In a situation where a survivor is the tie breaker vote, scum can strongarm the survivor into voting with them. This means that scum will always intentionally kill townies over survivors.

I tend to lynch survivors into silence. Let them take bullets for townies if possible and prevent them from switching sides in the endgame. The most pro town thing a survivor can do is pretend to be town.

How does this change when survivors can't claim? Can scum claim truthfully in the end game? Is a survivor here just a townie who is trying to not call attention to himself? Interested to see how this plays out.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 142
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Oh jeeze, don't read this game; it's one of my most shameful performances of all time. :P
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Re: The Flash: Battle for the Gem Cities (Day 1)

DharmaHelper wrote:I know my role, and I assume everyone here knows theirs as well (Depending on whether or not Made has opened his PM yet.)

So, I know Epi is not my role.

If you are a civvie or a non-baddie, you also know that Epi is not that role as well.

It is then mathematically 100% certain that Epi is a baddie, since he can't be my role and (see above) he can't be any of your roles.
This logic is best logic.

The two mafia couples with their matching avatars and signup murder Pact are adorable.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:Can I post here? I CAN post here. :)
BANNED!!!

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Hehe, just kidding. :P
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:Can I post here? I CAN post here. :)

I love to hear myself talk so I'm going to leave my notes here.

At first glance, this game appears unbalanced. Too few townies. Too many scum and survivors. However, inability to claim, no scum BTSC and at least two vigilante roles means a mass scum/neutral takeover is unlikely. As someone who has ran two Flash Rougues mafia games, I'm loving the theme of the roles and looking forward to reading them in full, along with a full explanation of the map. The whole letter thing is facinating.

As of mid Day 1, I am suspicious of Epi and Llama because I disagree with their scum hunting logic. However, I really dislike Elo's reaction to Epi's pressure.

I like LC and Dwarm's style. SVS and MM are running together in my head, possibly due to both asking a lot of questions and having animal avatars.

Refreshing to combine the more jokey day 1 of HCRealms with the more serious Day 1 of Mafia Universe.

More later, not that I expect anyone to see this.
Even by our standard, this game was incredibly complex, unique, and experimental. The Map idea has only been done twice here (this being the first attempt). The BTSC list mafia team is something I've only seen one other time on recollection (MovingPicture's Death Note), and even that game had mechanics in play to open up BTSC throughout the game. The role descriptions here were slowly revealed throughout the game, one letter at a time. This mechanic was rather popular on the Syndicate around this time. It's a fun puzzle that generates in-thread content. :D

Unfortunately, the host made a couple crucial errors in this game, and ultimately didn't reveal a full role list before disappearing at the game's end. But thankfully, despite the errors, he did finish the game out.

A World Reborn is the other map game we did here, hosted by Long Con and Black Rock. This one was a dandy of the game. BTSC galore!!! (And I got a little spirit marmot) :D

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Would have voted Epi over Llama at the end of Day 1.

Holy shit you guys can talk at night?!?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:Would have voted Epi over Llama at the end of Day 1.

Holy shit you guys can talk at night?!?
Yup, talking at night is the norm around here. :nicenod:

But generally nightkilled players don't have their roles flipped. In a one-mafia team game that's not a big deal, but things can get a little more interesting when there are multiple teams.

We have a lot of weird conventions, but of course, each host is welcome to do his/her own thing.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Golden »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:A World Reborn is the other map game we did here, hosted by Long Con and Black Rock. This one was a dandy of the game. BTSC galore!!! (And I got a little spirit marmot) :D
And we killed you :feb: see your sig for details.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Golden wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:A World Reborn is the other map game we did here, hosted by Long Con and Black Rock. This one was a dandy of the game. BTSC galore!!! (And I got a little spirit marmot) :D
The two map games I've played here have probably been the two most heart-wrenching games of mafia I've ever played. :fist:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Golden wrote:
The two map games I've played here have probably been the two most heart-wrenching games of mafia I've ever played. :fist:
:srsnod: Yeah.

Black Rock and I are EXTREMELY proud of winning this game. No one will ever know the complex series of events that each had to happen perfectly for us to win, but it was truly astonishing, and required us both to very literally play perfect games to win. Both in the thread and on the map... my god, I worked some of the silverest-tongued magic of my life this game. We were a baddie team with no BTSC and no nightkill, and we still won. :noble:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Long Con wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Golden wrote:

Black Rock and I are EXTREMELY proud of winning this game. No one will ever know the complex series of events that each had to happen perfectly for us to win, but it was truly astonishing, and required us both to very literally play perfect games to win. Both in the thread and on the map... my god, I worked some of the silverest-tongued magic of my life this game. We were a baddie team with no BTSC and no nightkill, and we still won. :noble:
And yet, Sorsha, llama and I we were a civ team with BTSC and a nightkill. :haha:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Golden wrote:

And yet, Sorsha, llama and I we were a civ team with BTSC and a nightkill. :haha:
:noble: :noble: :noble: :workit: :clap: :grin: Yeah.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 135

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

This was such a fun game.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:This was such a fun game.
I loved how it mirrored the Monopoly game, in that a team of Black Rock and I needed to approach you and garner your support to win with us, rather than choose to side with our enemies. :noble: You came through for us both times.

Return to “Previous Jobs”