Bathsheba
No votes
Lot
No votes
Pilate
8%
Rahab
23%
The Witch of Endor (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
69%

Total votes: 13
XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 18

Re: Biblical Mafia [ENDGAME]

Post by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »

Ricochet wrote:Oh, also, can I get a gender check on Heiots, DREAM, leggyorlyb, Boogs? :grin: Good thing this was a sock game and I didn't get to out myself by screwing up genders.

Also, Marco and XthGamer are blokes, right?
>XthAtGAm3RGuYX
>GAm3RGuYX
>GuY
>Guy as in male
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 27
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Golden wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I told myself I'd much rather win seldom but truly deserve it than win more often just because I develop a low participant or nonthreatening meta.

You're one of the most promising mafia newbies I've ever seen and I'd hate to see your playstyle degenerate just to ensure your own meta or survival.
This, absolutely this.

You can definitely win without compromising your meta, but I agree with MP that seeing your team win in part because of your own effort is better than winning without any effort anyway.
Tbh, I didn't care that I was lynched early because I was very busy IRL at the time, and was involved in at least 2 other games (it may even have been 3).

On the other hand, if there's one thing I've learned from playing an Epignosis-hosted game, it's that you can die Day 1 and still have a legitimate chance of winning. :beer: I didn't take advantage of those oppurtunities in Game of Champions or Roger Rabbit when I was dead, but I think I did here.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 10
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Rico, I got recruited night 2 when I searched Uzziah :p I thought, "Surely he isn't ACTUALLY bad with that behavior!"

Never ignoring what behavior screams in my face, ever again.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 135

Post by Epignosis »

Ricochet wrote:And finally

6. The game spreadsheet. Updated according to how much I know, of course.

As for what I still don't know (and will likely remained unanswered):

a) Which players did Famine target to post only once and when. (I should actually check back in the thread, because I think players like Rachel and Lot hinted at it). Also, I assume he silenced me, Ruth and Paul on Day 2, but I could be wrong.

b) Which players did War place in a "feud" relationship and when (besides me vs. Paul and Lot vs. Lazarus - though I think the latter was Moses' doing).

c) Uggh. I guess it's way too much to ask Conquest how did he create and modified his factions, so I won't even try.

d) Which players did Uzziah incapacitate and when. (good luck squeezing that info out of him :kadaj: )

e) Which players did Pharaoh force and when. (but Xth already said he won't tell :kadaj:)

f) If Ruth emasculated succesfully any prophets. Who did she target, otherwise, and when.

g) Which players did Deborah block and when.

h) Which dead players did Esther check and when.

i) When did Rahab join the Heathens and who did she check to join them.

j) If Cain checked any aligments on Night 1.

k) If Paul ever inquired the Host on a player alignment ahead of voting Day 2.

l) If Mary Magdalene offered someone amnesty from the poll on Day 2. I forgot who that player was.

m) If Hagar ever checked any players' identity.

n) Fat chance, but whether Malchus ever guessed a future lynch correctly and got/used any power boost.

o) If Chapter VII night kill failed because of Lazarus using his protection.

p) When and which players did Moses target with: Lice, Flies, Pestilence, Hail and Darkness. I hope I got it right on which nights he used his other powers, otherwise.

I understand Noah 1.0/2.0 never saved anyone from the floods, which makes it really interesting that the victims were always low players, much like Balaam used to pray to happen.
Ricochet, after about Night 5 I stopped keeping track of Night actions. So few people sent in PMs it wasn't necessary. :|

The ones I can tell you off the top of my head:

f) No

h) Almost all of them

i) Uzziah. Night 2 I think?

j) Cain learned that Absalom was a horseman. She got silenced and then lynched, so she never got to use this info. Roxy was not a happy camper.

l) Mary M. did take someone off the poll early on, but I forget who it was.

m) Once.

n) Malchus predicted that Cain would be lynched. He was right. He got a curse of choice to use anytime, but he never did.

o) Yes.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 51

Post by Ricochet »

I sent you my Night actions every time. Image

As I've written down on the spreadsheet, my targets were:

Night 1 - Samson (afterwards, believing it was my doing that he became my teamie, heh)
Night 2 - Martha
Night 3 - Cain
Night 4 - Gideon
Night 7 - Uzziah
Night 8 - Ruth

and bang!
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

After Night 1, I only had to care about your target when you kicked the farm. ;)
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 9
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Jacob wrote:Wow okay turns out the only ones I had right were Dom/Rachel (easy :p ) and Niju/Rahab.
LC was Pilate?!?!?!? Whaaaat
:feb: A departure from my usual style... and it got me the win! Who woulda thunk it?
MovingPictures07 wrote:Contrary to my list, I actually did go after Pilate, even though he was stuck in my winning faction at that point (even though I was going to swap him the same Night I could no longer move names), because at that point I knew I seemed super civilian to everyone, and with Deborah's flip, I felt the civilians deserved to win more so than everyone else. I figured I could still pull off a win, if I was lucky, even if I sacrificed Pilate, so I viewed it as a necessary sacrifice, since the importance of helping the civilians win this game was nearly as much as winning the game for my own sake at that point.
:feb: No sacrificing of Pilate!
Ricochet wrote:I don't want this to sound too serious hat mode, but I'm still seriously considering playing a future game as borderline inactive, considering how bad I got burned being so active (yet wrong about stuff), whilst others fared much better and did so little.
Yeah, I decided to take my chance as a near-inactive this game, and it actually got me through. I still can't believe it! :haha:
Epignosis wrote:
Ricochet wrote:And I don't think Epig explained it, but Samson became my "Angel of Death" after he died and he became my first target. He shared my win condition and was allowed to vote, but not post on-topic. He refrained to vote for a while, because all the lynches were straightforward, but the day Isaac and Mordecai got close, we stood by and, under my command, he made it a tie. Unfortunately, that completely backfired on us and got my killed afterwards.

And MM totally outed himself in the BTSC by signing as "MM89-Phone", right after Epig specifically sent us PMs in which he told us NOT to out ourselves. :haha:

MM's tale as Samson is so ironic, I can't even. Signed up as sock, still gets killed D1. Gets stuck with me in BTSC, like old mafia chums. Depends his win on me entirely. I lurked in the chat and jumped in his place during the Second Trivia Game, without warning. He gets the win after all, even though he lost D1. Epic.
You didn't get Samson because he was your first target. There was another mechanic in play for that: Moses. :dark:
Hey, that's me, Pilate! I was Moses! Tell me more!

....still catching up on the Postgame. More comments to come from Pilate, the Inactive Wonder-Winner! :noble:
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 27
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Thanks for the win LC! :beer:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 80
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Belshazzar wrote:I'm not posting who I was yet. You all have three guesses.
Hello, Ricochet. ;)

I had most of the players pegged by Day 2. :feb:
Did you have me pegged before you had to clean up one of my messes?

I'm so terrible with socks. Especially that bit where Lot voted in Omerta mafia! lol, whoops!
Yeah, you were one of the first three or so people I pegged, right from the very beginning. Took one look and said, 'Yep, that's definitely Golden!' :haha:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I based Paul on one player from each of those
So you were going for banks, right?

Because I have to say, what I thought was exactly that 'someone is imitating banks'. It did not read genuinely to me at all. The moment I knew I was right was when Stephen morphed from Paul into someone who was actually playing a bit more.

You are the only one of the horseman who I never for a second thought was horseman (although I never thought Belsh was until he flipped, I thought he was heathen for a long time).

@MM - I know. By the way, I just beat your Flash record for how long one of us can stay alive :D

And I actually won a game on TS where I didn't die along the way :phew:
Was I? ;)

:p
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I was hoping at least someone who followed the Champs game would get a laugh out of at least one of my posts.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Ricochet wrote:Sooooo:

1. Here is, again, my list of projections for the identities behind the socks. I kept doing it until I got lynched or so. I just threw in every hunch for every player, as soon I had a signal, that's why there are multiple guesses in front of most. Amusing that a few player I assumed would join this game never did (BWT, Boo, Made, Enrique, Mongoose, Unfurl, Zeek).

I probably should have written down a few reasons for my hunches as well (other than the obvious slips or trademarks), because I don't remember said reasons anymore now: mostly related to their gameplay (writing style, read style, use of emoticons, etc.), though.

Not quite MP-level, but 11 good picks out of 33 ain't too shabby either.

2. Instead of my "Death-Note method" of transcribing each players' activity, I did a generic table this time with each players' read on everyone else. I'm not too happy with the method, however, because it didn't help much to rely just on that - case in point, having to go back on Day 8 and do those massive re-reads on everybody alive (which I also saved in writing at that time, below each table). Here's just a sample.

3. Here's some even crazier and pointless stuff, though. Whilst the game was in sign-ups, I started keeping track of players' activity in the forum (whether visible or hidden, when logged in), in hopes that their sockplay would then either match or completely contrast. The darker the color, the more frequent the respective player (or sock) was present in that particular hour. Of course, it didn't lead to anything and I didn't keep track of the sock activity for much time, after the game started, in order not to lose all the sanity I had left. Some players really do have patterns of activity, though.

I never counted the fact that XthGamer, Leggy, Heiots or DREAM might join, so that's why they only show up in the *newbies* row.

4. Usual theory tidbits on role and sock identities. Decent enough.

5. Votes walkthrough (as far as I'm aware off i.e. not aware of other vote manipulation).
As always, Rico, I love your postgame spreadsheet reveal. It's awesome to get a glimpse of what goes on in your head in these games. I also love knowing there are people as crazy as me out there who think about the mafia games they are in CONSTANTLY.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

c) Uggh. I guess it's way too much to ask Conquest how did he create and modified his factions, so I won't even try.
I can actually get you this, at least for the time I had Conquest. Just give me a little while though. I didn't keep a spreadsheet this game, so I'd have to dig through my PMs, but I'd be willing to PM you my various submissions.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Long Con wrote:
Ricochet wrote:I don't want this to sound too serious hat mode, but I'm still seriously considering playing a future game as borderline inactive, considering how bad I got burned being so active (yet wrong about stuff), whilst others fared much better and did so little.
Yeah, I decided to take my chance as a near-inactive this game, and it actually got me through. I still can't believe it! :haha:
Your flippity-flop between suspecting Rachel and Absalom and then suddenly not was the pinnacle of taking the piss. :p

Your endgame reminded me of Film Directors where we almost had you for lynch instead of the last baddie (...from the other baddie team that wasn't us :grin:), nicely done and great win. :beer:

Looking forward to you revealing perhaps which nights did you use your curses and on which players (for those that involved direct targeting, instead of Horses shenanigans).
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 36

Post by Golden »

Ricochet wrote:3. Here's some even crazier and pointless stuff, though. Whilst the game was in sign-ups, I started keeping track of players' activity in the forum (whether visible or hidden, when logged in), in hopes that their sockplay would then either match or completely contrast. The darker the color, the more frequent the respective player (or sock) was present in that particular hour. Of course, it didn't lead to anything and I didn't keep track of the sock activity for much time, after the game started, in order not to lose all the sanity I had left. Some players really do have patterns of activity, though.
Sign-ups were while I was still in holiday in Cali. That would have completely wrecked any chance you had of gaming my forum patterns from just sign ups! Lol.

I had great difficulty both staying away from the thread and the Chatzy at times Americans shouldn't be awake. That was my one and only attempt to obfuscate my identity.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
As always, Rico, I love your postgame spreadsheet reveal. It's awesome to get a glimpse of what goes on in your head in these games. I also love knowing there are people as crazy as me out there who think about the mafia games they are in CONSTANTLY.
That can be bad, though, in case I become predictable to read in future games. :meany: :puppy:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

I can actually get you this, at least for the time I had Conquest. Just give me a little while though. I didn't keep a spreadsheet this game, so I'd have to dig through my PMs, but I'd be willing to PM you my various submissions.
That's be sweet, although I'm not sure how I'm gonna stuff it in the spreadsheet.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Golden wrote:
Ricochet wrote:3. Here's some even crazier and pointless stuff, though. Whilst the game was in sign-ups, I started keeping track of players' activity in the forum (whether visible or hidden, when logged in), in hopes that their sockplay would then either match or completely contrast. The darker the color, the more frequent the respective player (or sock) was present in that particular hour. Of course, it didn't lead to anything and I didn't keep track of the sock activity for much time, after the game started, in order not to lose all the sanity I had left. Some players really do have patterns of activity, though.
Sign-ups were while I was still in holiday in Cali. That would have completely wrecked any chance you had of gaming my forum patterns from just sign ups! Lol.

I had great difficulty both staying away from the thread and the Chatzy at times Americans shouldn't be awake. That was my one and only attempt to obfuscate my identity.
I know, none of the real player vs sock player timeline match profoundly. But I still get to keep this pattern, in case something will be more revealing in future games. :dark:

I only abstained from posting during mornings (when americans are asleep, except for SVS waking up early) and had hard times staying awake until 5am, simply because the polls got so late. And then got freaking stuck that way, because of constant Heathen lynches and Joshua invalidating the nights arrrghhh!!!

During the early stages, I would literally only post in the evenings (afternoons in America), to blend in with the others. Later on, when things got heated, I couldn't resist and started posting earlier (faking an 8-9am morning activity over in USA), too.

FZ, for instance, didn't (or couldn't) fake her usual timeline, so it was easy to detect her.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Rico, you seem to also need to know that I'm male.
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 5

Post by timmer »

@Rico, I don't have the info anymore of who Deborah was blocking each night. Quite frankly, I kind of just picked someone at random each night, because very few civs seemed to have big powers, and I had no concept of which roles people were, so I just kind of submitted whatever name seemed big but who we weren't killing that night. :shrug:
My siggie.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Golden wrote:Rico, you seem to also need to know that I'm male.
Noted. :p

Before anyone else notices, I actually sort of did screw blindfaeth's gender in the spreadsheet that's uploaded, but I already corrected it in my PC version. :grin:

My next sock should be called Genderblooper.
timmer wrote:@Rico, I don't have the info anymore of who Deborah was blocking each night. Quite frankly, I kind of just picked someone at random each night, because very few civs seemed to have big powers, and I had no concept of which roles people were, so I just kind of submitted whatever name seemed big but who we weren't killing that night. :shrug:
That's ok, no problem.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Moses
The leader of the Exodus will inflict someone with a plague. *Secrets*
Moses will choose a plague to inflict on someone. The plagues are: Blood, Frogs, Lice, Flies, Pestilence, Boils, Locusts, Hail, Darkness, Death of the Firstborn.

Blood: The river has turned to blood. [War]*
Frogs: The target must mention a famous frog in each post.
Lice: Anyone who votes for the target will take a vote.
Flies: The target will be harassed by flies and off the poll.
Pestilence: Disease has desolated the population, even the fighting men. [Conquest]**
Boils: The target is in so much pain, he may only utter complaints.
Locusts: The crops and fields have been ravaged. [Famine]***
Hail: The targeted will be blocked.
Darkness: This is darkness that can be felt. The Heathens lose BTSC for one phase.
Death of the Firstborn: Mourning and wailing fill the land. [Death]****

*[If Moses chooses Blood, War can force two people to vote one another in perpetuity until one of them is dead. The survivor, the next Day, may only post using words that have been used in dead red.]
**[If Moses chooses Pestilence, Conquest will be able to substitute a dead name on his faction with a living name from another.
***[If Moses chooses Locusts, Famine can silence the Heathen with the most posts.]
****[If Moses chooses the Death of the Firstborn, Death gains permanent BTSC with the first dead person. This person is still dead, but can cast a vote. This person cannot cast a vote if Death dies.]
Wow!
Golden wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Definitely. Elo and Blooper, you both played an excellent endgame.
It was fun. I think everyone alive in the end played very well. I think my biggest mistake was not voting Deborah. But I thought it I threw the last vote on Deborah, it would look like a baddie throwing in the towel on her life.
You know, if you had have done this it's quite possible I would not have figured you out. I have a blind spot when it comes to people saving me. But... I really did trust Pilate, so it may just have been that I would have lynched you and Rahab the other way around.
I was just relying on your good instincts to trust my words and not vote for me in the end. :noble:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Thanks for the win LC! :beer:
:beer: Ha ha, I can't believe some of the things I was responsible for! I love it!
Ricochet wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Your flippity-flop between suspecting Rachel and Absalom and then suddenly not was the pinnacle of taking the piss. :p
My entire game was... I just couldn't get my mind around it in the beginning, and then there was so much to catch up on when I was getting deeper and deeper into the Flash game. So, I went with the low posting, skim-read-catchup the whole game. My suspicons were just gut and post-analysis. Vompatti's ploy was too easy, I was really happy to finally have something legit to say.
Your endgame reminded me of Film Directors where we almost had you for lynch instead of the last baddie (...from the other baddie team that wasn't us :grin:), nicely done and great win. :beer:

Looking forward to you revealing perhaps which nights did you use your curses and on which players (for those that involved direct targeting, instead of Horses shenanigans).
I will reveal them soon! Gotta go through my PMs and compile.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I was put in a feud with Mordecai. But I was not told I was force voted which is why I didn't understand why others seem to have been. Epi, can you explain this mechanic?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 8
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Who silenced me?
Who killed me?

Why?

Who was Absalom?
;)
XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Stool Pigeon

Post by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »

Roxy wrote:Who silenced me?
Who killed me?

Why?

Who was Absalom?
Who were you in the game? I might remember why you got fucked up.

Absalom was War IIRC
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Spacedaisy wrote:I was put in a feud with Mordecai. But I was not told I was force voted which is why I didn't understand why others seem to have been. Epi, can you explain this mechanic?
Starting what day, Daisy? :)
What do you mean by force voted, though?
Who killed me?

Why?

Who was Absalom?
Lol, weren't you lynched?

Silencing: Nicodemus did? On D2, when he silenced three people at once? At least that's my assumption.

Absalom was Llama aka War.
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

I was cain.
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Llama is dead my next chance :haha:

But srsly you dead boy :feb:
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Thanks rico - yep I was lynched - that was a test - you barely passed btw :D
;)
XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Stool Pigeon

Post by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »

Roxy wrote:I was cain.
Lol that was my favorite decision of the whole game. Can't forget that one.

Because you were almost lynched for your low activity on day 1, I wagered that if you just didnt show up again on day 2, the civs would surely lynch you for it since they almost did once. I had Uzziah silence you, and then civs took care of the rest. I was astounded that play went over so well.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Ah, so Uzziah incapacitated Cain on Day 2.

I actually got that mixed with Nicodemus silencing me, Ruth, Paul.

Wait, Vompatti actually listened to you? :faint:
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Image @ Mr. X

;)
;)
XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Stool Pigeon

Post by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »

Ricochet wrote:Wait, Vompatti actually listened to you? :faint:
Surprisingly. He spent more time taunting you guys in the thread than he did in the BTSC chat. I think I seen him log into it maybe twice. We started Pm'ing him what we wanted him to do just to make sure he seen it lol
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Spacedaisy wrote:I was put in a feud with Mordecai. But I was not told I was force voted which is why I didn't understand why others seem to have been. Epi, can you explain this mechanic?
Moses did it. Blame Long Con. Four of the ten plagues benefited one of the horsemen. Blood let War pick two people who had to vote each other until one of them was dead.

War's normal power was just to add onto people's win conditions.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Ricochet wrote:
Starting what day, Daisy? :)
What do you mean by force voted, though?
Who killed me?

Why?

Who was Absalom?
Lol, weren't you lynched?

Silencing: Nicodemus did? On D2, when he silenced three people at once? At least that's my assumption.

Absalom was Llama aka War.
I think it was not the day before he got lynched but there was one lynch before his lynch. I'm not certain though. I did not vote him either. By force vote I mean when a Roles ability is to control where you have to vote. I was under the impression people believed those feuding had to vote for the person they were feuding with, but I was under no such restriction in my feud.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Oh! Ok, that clears it up for me. Thanks Epi!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 3

Post by FZ. »

I'm so late to the party :(

Great game everyone, and congrats to the winners!!

Epi, I really enjoyed this game though I would have liked to have lasted longer :rolleyes: Sorry about that Bible Trivia. I was way too stoned :D Doesn't happen often, but I had fun playing it anyway

It was my first time playing a sock game, and I really wanted to milk it as much as I could, so I tried to act a little crazy, but it back fired and people kept saying I was both defending Paul and questioning him. Let a person have fun damn you people :P

Then, like Ricco said, I had the time zone problem. You have no idea the lengths I went to to try to hide it. I never posted at the same time with the Flash game. I'd come in in different hours, until I got fed up.

Llama, I'm really impressed with how you played! MP, I thought Paul was a great sock persona for you. I loved how you played him. Golden, you did a great job making it a civvie win. Too bad you couldn't get passed your obsession with me being bad :P
I seriously don't get how people didn't get Jacob's hints. I found that so frustrating, as well as going after Issac and Jonathan. But I had my share of mistakes.

I didn't figure any of the socks except Vomp, naturally, TH, who posted as Jonah just as he does as TH (which is why I followed his vote on day 1), and SVS, who I thought was Ruth. Other than that, I knew nothing.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I figured Jacob must have been hinting at Joshua from what everyone else said, but I'd really like to know what the hints were.

I went over his posts with a fine tooth comb, and found stuff like people 'flooding the thread' so eventually I thought maybe I had it wrong and he was actually hinting Noah.

And yeah, sorry FZ! I'm pretty sure we've never played with each other before, but you just seemed so shady to me lol. I am known for tunnel vision issues. Plus, going after you did double as saving Jonathan, who I didn't think was bad.

Oh and yes. I lie when I say I figured out no socks. I did figure out Vomps.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

^I don't remember what Jacob said, but I think he hinted that he's the reason there was no night, when we lynched a heathen.

And no, we haven't played together. It was a pleasure playing with you, apart from the fact you got me lynched :P . I forgive you :D . Funny thing is, I think I'm usually a transparent civvie...except for when I'm not and llama and Epi badly want to lynch me.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

FZ. wrote:^I don't remember what Jacob said, but I think he hinted that he's the reason there was no night, when we lynched a heathen.

And no, we haven't played together. It was a pleasure playing with you, apart from the fact you got me lynched :P . I forgive you :D . Funny thing is, I think I'm usually a transparent civvie...except for when I'm not and llama and Epi badly want to lynch me.
RUSS VOTED FOR YOU OUT OF NOWHERE

And I still don't know why. :sigh:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I was glad to have detected Jacob's hint, because I'm usually not good at detecting anything. He basically said something in the vein that civs need him alive, especially as long as they keep lynching Heathens. Clear Joshua as prolonged day.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

FZ., you played well. I could tell it was you right away and that you were trying to shake up your game a bit, so that's why I fed off of you at the beginning there, haha, that was fun. Especially as a fellow high poster who gets frequently eyeballed, I could tell you were having as much fun as I was with the fake identity. :P

It's also why I suddenly came out of nowhere and defended you hard, as Stephen, since I knew it was you and it seemed like your very genuine civilian-like defense, but then I got a bit paranoid at the end. I did the same thing with Isaac/Devin, since the two of you seemed to play your civilian games to a T, but I still had a little bit of doubt in the back of my mind every once in a while.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Of course, I think I would have played much more balls to the wall as Stephen if I was actually a civilian... I dropped off for a while there due to being busy, but I think I would have tried harder if I wasn't essentially independent. I was trying to avoid getting NKed and I didn't want to attract too much attention to myself.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:
FZ. wrote:^I don't remember what Jacob said, but I think he hinted that he's the reason there was no night, when we lynched a heathen.

As for this, I was hoping Russ would make to the Death Note postgame, but I suppose with RL he never did. He told me that he just highly suspected FZ. was bad and was casing her heavily after Llama agreed with him. I think he didn't even check her because he already felt pretty confident and wanted to know about other people he had no clue about. :P
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Of course, I think I would have played much more balls to the wall as Stephen if I was actually a civilian... I dropped off for a while there due to being busy, but I think I would have tried harder if I wasn't essentially independent. I was trying to avoid getting NKed and I didn't want to attract too much attention to myself.
I was actually very close to turning on you...

Someone - Pilate perhaps? Had speculated you might not be a civilian the day before. But I thought you were doing so well the heathen really were bound to kill you that night. So I kept my trap shut. If you'd survived that night, I was intending to come out suggesting Stephen might be bad, and his instincts seemed a little too good...
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Epignosis wrote:

Yeah yeah...keep telling yourself whatever it is you need to tell yourself ;) .................For what it's worth, that was probably the best reason out there to go after me :hug:

But I don't know why he did that either :sigh:

linki: That actually disappoints me. I was trying so hard to not seem like myself. So you're saying I can't fool you? :dark:
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Of course, I think I would have played much more balls to the wall as Stephen if I was actually a civilian... I dropped off for a while there due to being busy, but I think I would have tried harder if I wasn't essentially independent. I was trying to avoid getting NKed and I didn't want to attract too much attention to myself.
I was actually very close to turning on you...

Someone - Pilate perhaps? Had speculated you might not be a civilian the day before. But I thought you were doing so well the heathen really were bound to kill you that night. So I kept my trap shut. If you'd survived that night, I was intending to come out suggesting Stephen might be bad, and his instincts seemed a little too good...
:haha:

That's funny because my instincts are usually terrible. I've actually played a few good civilian games lately, even in this where I wasn't a civilian. It's been great! I hope I can keep it up. :P
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

FZ. wrote: Yeah yeah...keep telling yourself whatever it is you need to tell yourself ;) .................For what it's worth, that was probably the best reason out there to go after me :hug:

But I don't know why he did that either :sigh:

linki: That actually disappoints me. I was trying so hard to not seem like myself. So you're saying I can't fool you? :dark:
Don't worry, apparently I have a gift at uncovering everyone's identities behind socks. I've always been good at it. Daisy was trying her absolute hardest to fool me, but I could tell with 99% certainty that it was her within her first two posts. She did make me doubt myself a bit for a while there, but thereafter I could just tell. It was similar with many others. Don't ask me why.

I did create a spreadsheet to track all of my sockpuppet guesses and obsessively spent hours over figuring everyone out, so maybe that's why. :P
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 7
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Yeah Rico got my hint. I was trying to be subtle, it didn't really look like a hint so much as mentioning the consecutive-lynch thing as important and also saying I was important for civ chances. Glad it worked out and I survived all that suspicion though. :p
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Ok, here's the Moses decisions:

Night 1 - Death of the Firstborn: "If Moses chooses the Death of the Firstborn, Death gains permanent BTSC with the first dead person. This person is still dead, but can cast a vote. This person cannot cast a vote if Death dies." Metalmarsh (Samson), got the ability to vote and make it count. Also shared Death's win condition?

Night 2 - Boils: "The target is in so much pain, he may only utter complaints." I chose Absalom, who I suspected in connection with Uzziah. I said "I wonder what boils his blood?" to maybe hint at least to him that I was plaguemaster Moses.

Night 3 - No Plague

Night 4 - Lice: "Anyone who votes for the target will take a vote." I chose Rachel as the target, because I suspected her. I don't know if the voting thing affected anything.

Night 5 - No Plague

Night 6 - No Night 6, because Ruth was lynched and night was skipped... I think.

Night 7 - Blood: "If Moses chooses Blood, War can force two people to vote one another in perpetuity until one of them is dead. The survivor, the next Day, may only post using words that have been used in dead red." So, this was the reason Lot and Lazarus had to keep voting each other? What about only posting in words that had been used in dead red? Did that happen? Wasn't there a previous pair of people who had been forced to vote each other?

Night 8 - Locusts: "If Moses chooses Locusts, Famine can silence the Heathen with the most posts." What happened with this? Did Famine silence a Heathen?

Night 9 - No Night 9 because we got Mordecai?

Night 10 - Pestilence: "If Moses chooses Pestilence, Conquest will be able to substitute a dead name on his faction with a living name from another." MP07, as Conquest 2.0, any word on this? Did it help you?

Night 11 - Tried Frogs, but I didn't get that I need a target until too late, so it was cancelled.

Night 12 - Frogs: "The target must mention a famous frog in each post." I targeted Rahab, and I hinted heavily before the night was over that he might have a posting curse. Turned out to be a very mild curse though, and inconsequential. I don't even know if my hint would have been understood... as in that I'm Moses.

So that's Moses for you. I affected the game in awesome and unknown ways as I kept to the shadows and out of the baddies' way until my victory. In the end, Rahab made such a great case against me, but Golden and Juliets' instincts proved to be too much for even a really good case to fool. Great job guys!

And now, I go to clean out my Pilate sock. :noble:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote:Night 1 - Death of the Firstborn: "If Moses chooses the Death of the Firstborn, Death gains permanent BTSC with the first dead person. This person is still dead, but can cast a vote. This person cannot cast a vote if Death dies." Metalmarsh (Samson), got the ability to vote and make it count. Also shared Death's win condition?
Correct.
Long Con wrote:Night 7 - Blood: "If Moses chooses Blood, War can force two people to vote one another in perpetuity until one of them is dead. The survivor, the next Day, may only post using words that have been used in dead red." So, this was the reason Lot and Lazarus had to keep voting each other? What about only posting in words that had been used in dead red? Did that happen? Wasn't there a previous pair of people who had been forced to vote each other?
This was why Lot and Lazarus had to keep voting each other.

Yes- the survivor was supposed to use words that had only been used in dead red, but given the way things went, I didn't consider Lot a victor. Lazarus kept not voting as he was supposed to, and so I waited until he missed three votes to punish him. Because this wasn't one of them getting the other stoned or slain, I didn't think it was right to enact the curse.

And even if I had, let's be real: All those massive dead posts Balaam had been making would have given Lot a sufficient vocabulary to work with anyhow.
Long Con wrote:Night 8 - Locusts: "If Moses chooses Locusts, Famine can silence the Heathen with the most posts." What happened with this? Did Famine silence a Heathen?
Famine was dead by then, so no.
Long Con wrote:Night 10 - Pestilence: "If Moses chooses Pestilence, Conquest will be able to substitute a dead name on his faction with a living name from another." MP07, as Conquest 2.0, any word on this? Did it help you?
He won, so I would say yes. :p

Return to “Previous Jobs”