Bathsheba
No votes
Lot
No votes
Pilate
8%
Rahab
23%
The Witch of Endor (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
69%

Total votes: 13
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 80
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Re: Biblical Mafia [ENDGAME]

Post by Tangrowth »

FZ., you played well. I could tell it was you right away and that you were trying to shake up your game a bit, so that's why I fed off of you at the beginning there, haha, that was fun. Especially as a fellow high poster who gets frequently eyeballed, I could tell you were having as much fun as I was with the fake identity. :P

It's also why I suddenly came out of nowhere and defended you hard, as Stephen, since I knew it was you and it seemed like your very genuine civilian-like defense, but then I got a bit paranoid at the end. I did the same thing with Isaac/Devin, since the two of you seemed to play your civilian games to a T, but I still had a little bit of doubt in the back of my mind every once in a while.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Of course, I think I would have played much more balls to the wall as Stephen if I was actually a civilian... I dropped off for a while there due to being busy, but I think I would have tried harder if I wasn't essentially independent. I was trying to avoid getting NKed and I didn't want to attract too much attention to myself.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:
FZ. wrote:^I don't remember what Jacob said, but I think he hinted that he's the reason there was no night, when we lynched a heathen.

And no, we haven't played together. It was a pleasure playing with you, apart from the fact you got me lynched :P . I forgive you :D . Funny thing is, I think I'm usually a transparent civvie...except for when I'm not and llama and Epi badly want to lynch me.
RUSS VOTED FOR YOU OUT OF NOWHERE

And I still don't know why. :sigh:
As for this, I was hoping Russ would make to the Death Note postgame, but I suppose with RL he never did. He told me that he just highly suspected FZ. was bad and was casing her heavily after Llama agreed with him. I think he didn't even check her because he already felt pretty confident and wanted to know about other people he had no clue about. :P
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 36

Post by Golden »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Of course, I think I would have played much more balls to the wall as Stephen if I was actually a civilian... I dropped off for a while there due to being busy, but I think I would have tried harder if I wasn't essentially independent. I was trying to avoid getting NKed and I didn't want to attract too much attention to myself.
I was actually very close to turning on you...

Someone - Pilate perhaps? Had speculated you might not be a civilian the day before. But I thought you were doing so well the heathen really were bound to kill you that night. So I kept my trap shut. If you'd survived that night, I was intending to come out suggesting Stephen might be bad, and his instincts seemed a little too good...
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 3

Post by FZ. »

Epignosis wrote:
FZ. wrote:^I don't remember what Jacob said, but I think he hinted that he's the reason there was no night, when we lynched a heathen.

And no, we haven't played together. It was a pleasure playing with you, apart from the fact you got me lynched :P . I forgive you :D . Funny thing is, I think I'm usually a transparent civvie...except for when I'm not and llama and Epi badly want to lynch me.
RUSS VOTED FOR YOU OUT OF NOWHERE

And I still don't know why. :sigh:
Yeah yeah...keep telling yourself whatever it is you need to tell yourself ;) .................For what it's worth, that was probably the best reason out there to go after me :hug:

But I don't know why he did that either :sigh:

linki: That actually disappoints me. I was trying so hard to not seem like myself. So you're saying I can't fool you? :dark:
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Of course, I think I would have played much more balls to the wall as Stephen if I was actually a civilian... I dropped off for a while there due to being busy, but I think I would have tried harder if I wasn't essentially independent. I was trying to avoid getting NKed and I didn't want to attract too much attention to myself.
I was actually very close to turning on you...

Someone - Pilate perhaps? Had speculated you might not be a civilian the day before. But I thought you were doing so well the heathen really were bound to kill you that night. So I kept my trap shut. If you'd survived that night, I was intending to come out suggesting Stephen might be bad, and his instincts seemed a little too good...
:haha:

That's funny because my instincts are usually terrible. I've actually played a few good civilian games lately, even in this where I wasn't a civilian. It's been great! I hope I can keep it up. :P
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

FZ. wrote: Yeah yeah...keep telling yourself whatever it is you need to tell yourself ;) .................For what it's worth, that was probably the best reason out there to go after me :hug:

But I don't know why he did that either :sigh:

linki: That actually disappoints me. I was trying so hard to not seem like myself. So you're saying I can't fool you? :dark:
Don't worry, apparently I have a gift at uncovering everyone's identities behind socks. I've always been good at it. Daisy was trying her absolute hardest to fool me, but I could tell with 99% certainty that it was her within her first two posts. She did make me doubt myself a bit for a while there, but thereafter I could just tell. It was similar with many others. Don't ask me why.

I did create a spreadsheet to track all of my sockpuppet guesses and obsessively spent hours over figuring everyone out, so maybe that's why. :P
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 7
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Yeah Rico got my hint. I was trying to be subtle, it didn't really look like a hint so much as mentioning the consecutive-lynch thing as important and also saying I was important for civ chances. Glad it worked out and I survived all that suspicion though. :p
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 9
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Ok, here's the Moses decisions:

Night 1 - Death of the Firstborn: "If Moses chooses the Death of the Firstborn, Death gains permanent BTSC with the first dead person. This person is still dead, but can cast a vote. This person cannot cast a vote if Death dies." Metalmarsh (Samson), got the ability to vote and make it count. Also shared Death's win condition?

Night 2 - Boils: "The target is in so much pain, he may only utter complaints." I chose Absalom, who I suspected in connection with Uzziah. I said "I wonder what boils his blood?" to maybe hint at least to him that I was plaguemaster Moses.

Night 3 - No Plague

Night 4 - Lice: "Anyone who votes for the target will take a vote." I chose Rachel as the target, because I suspected her. I don't know if the voting thing affected anything.

Night 5 - No Plague

Night 6 - No Night 6, because Ruth was lynched and night was skipped... I think.

Night 7 - Blood: "If Moses chooses Blood, War can force two people to vote one another in perpetuity until one of them is dead. The survivor, the next Day, may only post using words that have been used in dead red." So, this was the reason Lot and Lazarus had to keep voting each other? What about only posting in words that had been used in dead red? Did that happen? Wasn't there a previous pair of people who had been forced to vote each other?

Night 8 - Locusts: "If Moses chooses Locusts, Famine can silence the Heathen with the most posts." What happened with this? Did Famine silence a Heathen?

Night 9 - No Night 9 because we got Mordecai?

Night 10 - Pestilence: "If Moses chooses Pestilence, Conquest will be able to substitute a dead name on his faction with a living name from another." MP07, as Conquest 2.0, any word on this? Did it help you?

Night 11 - Tried Frogs, but I didn't get that I need a target until too late, so it was cancelled.

Night 12 - Frogs: "The target must mention a famous frog in each post." I targeted Rahab, and I hinted heavily before the night was over that he might have a posting curse. Turned out to be a very mild curse though, and inconsequential. I don't even know if my hint would have been understood... as in that I'm Moses.

So that's Moses for you. I affected the game in awesome and unknown ways as I kept to the shadows and out of the baddies' way until my victory. In the end, Rahab made such a great case against me, but Golden and Juliets' instincts proved to be too much for even a really good case to fool. Great job guys!

And now, I go to clean out my Pilate sock. :noble:
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 135

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote:Night 1 - Death of the Firstborn: "If Moses chooses the Death of the Firstborn, Death gains permanent BTSC with the first dead person. This person is still dead, but can cast a vote. This person cannot cast a vote if Death dies." Metalmarsh (Samson), got the ability to vote and make it count. Also shared Death's win condition?
Correct.
Long Con wrote:Night 7 - Blood: "If Moses chooses Blood, War can force two people to vote one another in perpetuity until one of them is dead. The survivor, the next Day, may only post using words that have been used in dead red." So, this was the reason Lot and Lazarus had to keep voting each other? What about only posting in words that had been used in dead red? Did that happen? Wasn't there a previous pair of people who had been forced to vote each other?
This was why Lot and Lazarus had to keep voting each other.

Yes- the survivor was supposed to use words that had only been used in dead red, but given the way things went, I didn't consider Lot a victor. Lazarus kept not voting as he was supposed to, and so I waited until he missed three votes to punish him. Because this wasn't one of them getting the other stoned or slain, I didn't think it was right to enact the curse.

And even if I had, let's be real: All those massive dead posts Balaam had been making would have given Lot a sufficient vocabulary to work with anyhow.
Long Con wrote:Night 8 - Locusts: "If Moses chooses Locusts, Famine can silence the Heathen with the most posts." What happened with this? Did Famine silence a Heathen?
Famine was dead by then, so no.
Long Con wrote:Night 10 - Pestilence: "If Moses chooses Pestilence, Conquest will be able to substitute a dead name on his faction with a living name from another." MP07, as Conquest 2.0, any word on this? Did it help you?
He won, so I would say yes. :p
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 51

Post by Ricochet »

Cheers, LC. I think your Lice curse on Rachel didn't affect anyone, since she didn't receive votes on Day 5, as far as I can tell.

I'm gonna write down that Samuel (Spacedaisy) and Mordecai (Xth) got feuded on Night 7, based on Daisy's guess, at least until Llama confirms it.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Oh, it also seems you never used Hail.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

This was a cool game. Sorry for messing up so bad. I think I set a record for not posting or voting as my sock.
Epi the night I protected Sam was there no night kill because of that?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Hey Bass, sorry for messing with you as Pilate! :feb:
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Long Con wrote:Hey Bass, sorry for messing with you as Pilate! :feb:
It was so funny. I was like wtf just happen. lol
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:This was a cool game. Sorry for messing up so bad. I think I set a record for not posting or voting as my sock.
I believe so, yes.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Epignosis wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:This was a cool game. Sorry for messing up so bad. I think I set a record for not posting or voting as my sock.
I believe so, yes.
Looks like I got one thing right. :D
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
I believe so, yes.
We literally couldn't have done it without you! :srsnod:
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Long Con wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
I believe so, yes.
Ok lets not kid ourselves. :haha:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
I believe so, yes.
Ok lets not kid ourselves. :haha:
Well maybe. I think the line was razor-thin between Civvie and baddie advantage for quite a while there in the latter part of the game, so a crucial Civ survival probably made all the difference. :shrug:
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Draconus »

Isaac2.0 here! Whoa, too much end game discussion to catch up on. I will just come in and say Great Job Civvies!! And horsemen, too, I guess. ;)
Very fun game, Epi! Well done!!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Courtesy of Mr. Long "Two Tablets" Con himself:

Thank you for playing, O people of Sin-d'kaht. See you on the other side of Judgement Day. :feb:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

:noble:
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 36

Post by Golden »

It is one of the most impressive looking banners I've seen in a long time...

Until I realise that LC just made it a picture of himself. He should have just put Pilate washing his hands right next to Moses.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Draconus »

Indeed. Well deserved :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Epignosis wrote:Courtesy of Mr. Long "Two Tablets" Con himself:

Thank you for playing, O people of Sin-d'kaht. See you on the other side of Judgement Day. :feb:
Hope there's a sequel tbqh
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 27
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Thanks for the banner.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

No prob. Like Golden said, I tailored it specifically to represent my own all-important contributions to the game. :noble:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I contributed nothing to this game, except perhaps one or two exciting lynches.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I contributed nothing to this game, except perhaps one or two exciting lynches.
I believe you're understating your contribution to the civilian win, since Mordecai was lynched at your hand.
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 8
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I contributed nothing to this game, except perhaps one or two exciting lynches.
I believe you're understating your contribution to the civilian win, since Mordecai was lynched at your hand.
You two have the best bromance on the site :hugs:

Spamming every thread together has proven quite preciously funny on a Sunday afternoon. :nicenod:
;)
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Roxy wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
You two have the best bromance on the site :hugs:

Spamming every thread together has proven quite preciously funny on a Sunday afternoon. :nicenod:
I learned from the best. :D

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 8

Post by G-Man »

Maybe if we moved this game into the Museum section, Frisky Dingo will fill up faster because people will see an empty game section waiting for action. :shrug:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

G-Man wrote:Maybe if we moved this game into the Museum section, Frisky Dingo will fill up faster because people will see an empty game section waiting for action. :shrug:
Image That idea makes too much sense to employ.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 21

Post by thellama73 »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
G-Man wrote:Maybe if we moved this game into the Museum section, Frisky Dingo will fill up faster because people will see an empty game section waiting for action. :shrug:
Image That idea makes too much sense to employ.
Yes... entirely too much sense. :llama:
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

This game had been in the Job forum for almost 3 months. It had a good run.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”