50%

Total votes: 8
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 137
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: [ENDGAME] Bullets Over Broadway Mafia

Post by Long Con »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Long Con, how did you like Cobalt and I going after your bacon on Day 0/Day 1? :haha:
Hilarity.

Also hilarious that you jerks had to wait until you knew I was not going to be around to lynch me.

It's like you knew that, had I been around, I would have never let you vote me out. :feb: You know it's true. I don't blame you folks for taking the coward's way out. Too bad I didn't have to survive to win. My ghost literally saved S~V~S' life and subsequently secured our baddie win.

Next time, you'd better kill me so hard that my identity gets erased from the forum.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 393
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Long Con wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Long Con, how did you like Cobalt and I going after your bacon on Day 0/Day 1? :haha:
Hilarity.

Also hilarious that you jerks had to wait until you knew I was not going to be around to lynch me.

It's like you knew that, had I been around, I would have never let you vote me out. :feb: You know it's true. I don't blame you folks for taking the coward's way out. Too bad I didn't have to survive to win. My ghost literally saved S~V~S' life and subsequently secured our baddie win.

Next time, you'd better kill me so hard that my identity gets erased from the forum.
My Day 1 vote was a grudge vote from Flash. :P

My Day 1 case was fabricated as hell. :nicenod: I even backed off of TinyBubbles before you were lynched.

But hey, after a couple days, you still weren't looking so hot, so I figured I must be right.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 692

Post by Golden »

:D

Oh, another thing LC - did you legitimately think I was on team webber, or were you thinking it was simply an advantageous feud?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I have to admit, the Flash popped through my mind in that final day as I was thinking about the fact that whatever decision I made could determine whether LC/BR backed up and won another game together.

I still can't get over the fact that somehow every baddie team Bass is in wins.
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 92

Post by FZ. »

Congrats to the winners! This was a great game, Dom. I enjoyed playing it, even if it was for a short time.

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Golden wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I will never let Golden survive past Day 1 again. EVER!

Good game. Well played Golden. I let myself get duped by your accidental reversed nightkill.
I wasn't bad MM. I was indy.
Oh I see. I read the endgame post quickly and jumped to conclusions. I knew TB was good, but I didn't even consider that Bass could be Jekyll.

It's just so weird to make it past Day 13 in games and lose, while getting lynched Day 1 in another game and winning. :omg:
If it makes you feel better, I get killed almost every game, and never win when it happens. :shrug: But I feel bad for you knowing that every time you put so much into being a civ, you end up losing late in the game. This is Flash all over. The annoying part is, we did take out all the active mafia players. It's hard to judge players who substitute a non active player so late in the game. In my opinion, the Flash win was more impressive.

Epi, I don't know why they NK you. The difference between your first and second version was striking. I thought you did a good job making sure it was obvious.

Scotty and Sloonei, I really like how you play the game, so I'm glad I got to play with you (I liked JJJ's game too, but I was dead by then).

Golden, I think you played a very good game. I would be on the civvie side too to the point it didn't hurt me, and you did exactly that. But you really should have rezzed me :P
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Hilarity.

My Day 1 case was fabricated as hell. :nicenod: I even backed off of TinyBubbles before you were lynched.

But hey, after a couple days, you still weren't looking so hot, so I figured I must be right.
:rolleyes: OH yeah, I wasn't "looking so hot". You must mean the awesomely real cases that connected me to TinyBubbles, sig, Cobalt, or whoever the other player was that I had no connection to.

Every single case made against me was made up and wrong. The only people who can even come close to saying they had a legitimate case against me were the people who suspected me "on gut". :rolleyes:
Golden wrote::D

Oh, another thing LC - did you legitimately think I was on team webber, or were you thinking it was simply an advantageous feud?
I think we knew you were Indy at that point. :haha: By the way, we never targeted you for the kill on Night 2. We targeted Epignosis, and somehow it was redirected to you while you were protected. Just in case Scotty thinks he has great instincts for predicting the baddie team's kill... well, not that time. Pure, crazy luck. ;)
Golden wrote:I have to admit, the Flash popped through my mind in that final day as I was thinking about the fact that whatever decision I made could determine whether LC/BR backed up and won another game together.

Bass was Indy in Flash, not part of our team. This is the third game this year that Black Rock and I have gotten to a win together and basically brought Bass along for the ride. It's crazy!
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

FZ. wrote:If it makes you feel better, I get killed almost every game, and never win when it happens. :shrug: But I feel bad for you knowing that every time you put so much into being a civ, you end up losing late in the game. This is Flash all over. The annoying part is, we did take out all the active mafia players. It's hard to judge players who substitute a non active player so late in the game. In my opinion, the Flash win was more impressive.
The Flash win was one of the most impressive wins in Mafia history, to be quite honest and to toot our own horn. A baddie team that won without a kill. :faint: Next to impossible.
Epi, I don't know why they NK you. The difference between your first and second version was striking. I thought you did a good job making sure it was obvious.
I don't know why Webber killed Epi on Night 1, but we tried to kill him on Night 2 because he was after me hard on a whim on Day 1, and we were happy to see him go because of it. Only some crazy random happenstance allowed him to keep breathing on Day 3 and beyond. If Epi wants to survive longer, the first step would be not to come after Long Con hard for no real reason on Day 1. :feb: People die for that. Good to know for the future.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Long Con wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Hilarity.

:rolleyes: OH yeah, I wasn't "looking so hot". You must mean the awesomely real cases that connected me to TinyBubbles, sig, Cobalt, or whoever the other player was that I had no connection to.

Every single case made against me was made up and wrong. The only people who can even come close to saying they had a legitimate case against me were the people who suspected me "on gut". :rolleyes:

I think we knew you were Indy at that point. :haha: By the way, we never targeted you for the kill on Night 2. We targeted Epignosis, and somehow it was redirected to you while you were protected. Just in case Scotty thinks he has great instincts for predicting the baddie team's kill... well, not that time. Pure, crazy luck. ;)
Golden wrote:I have to admit, the Flash popped through my mind in that final day as I was thinking about the fact that whatever decision I made could determine whether LC/BR backed up and won another game together.

Bass was Indy in Flash, not part of our team. This is the third game this year that Black Rock and I have gotten to a win together and basically brought Bass along for the ride. It's crazy!
And in all three of those games, I managed to stay alive until the end, only to get taken out by your team.

And in all three of those games, DF was a baddie and I managed to get him killed.

I smell a devious master plan. You just use DF to distract me while you, BR, and Bass win. :feb:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 270
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Long Con wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Hilarity.

Hah! Great instincts? Hardly. Considering I kept trying to save someone that wasn't even on my team?

But man, sounds like you had it all figured out. Can't wait to try and take you down a peg or two the best game we play. You seem like the guy that sits in your armchair in the lounge staring at the heads of game you killed on your safari, while smoking a pipe and murmuring to yourself, "yes, I did this." :mafia:
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

That analogy is pretty bang-on. I love to gaze upon my accomplishments. I mean, this was by far S~V~S' game, but I made a significant difference for my own smaller part. My signature is supposed to be a rotating Flash banner of my past winner's banners, but the Syndicate and the Flash loading thing aren't agreeing right now.

I get pegged down often enough. :srsnod:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Scotty wrote:Can't wait to try and take you down a peg or two the best game we play.
:noble: I look forward to it - both of us, our best games!
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Dom »

DFaraday wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I will never let Golden survive past Day 1 again. EVER!
You can say that again. If there's one thing I can't understand it's why I didn't kill Golden several times over in this game. :p

And I was right, I tried to kill SVS because I thought she was the last Wildhorn. I just didn't expect her to have a protect, without that Team Weber could have won.

Dom, will you post a list of the correct answers to the trivia? I want to know which one I missed. :noble:
#1) How many Tony Awards has Bernadette Peters won?
Two. I accepted Three if people counted her lifetime achievement award.
#2) How many Broadway shows did Hal Prince and Stephen Sondheim work on (produce) together before 1985?
Five.
#3) In which year did the first Tonys take place?
#4) Who was the first actor to win a Tony Award for each acting category of their respective gender?
Audra Mcdonald
#5) Who has the most Tony Awards?
Hal Prince
#6) Stephen Sondheim writes politically. Which of his musicals is often looked at as a mirroring of American Foreign policy in the post-war era?
This was easily the hardest question. I ended up accepting two answers here. My intended answer was Merrily We Roll Along (if you view Frank has the current president for whatever year the show is currently in, it's quite interesting). Foreign Policy might have been a bit too restrictive of wording, but the show constantly reminds you of Vietnam, Cuba, and Kennedy.
Rob linked me to a scholarly article about The Frogs being an allegory for US foreign policy, so I allowed it.
#7) Which musical did Sondheim write first? A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum or Saturday Night?
#8) What rhymes with subtler? (This might be tricky)
Butler. From the lyric in Sweeney Todd
#9) How many Tony Awards does Stephen Sondheim have?
Eight. I accepted variants based on if you counted his lifetime achievement awards.
#10) How many Tony Awards did The Bridges of Madison County win in 2014?
Two.

Golden wrote:What I want to know is how all the survivals came about?
Scotty was pretty spot on with his protects. Timmer also blocked the killers pretty often.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Golden wrote:And....

Who was responsible for the attemp on scotty on night 8... was it team wildhorn all along? MM was so obsessed with an unknown force, but I think it was just wildhorn.
I went to the trouble of researching the different musicals to see who was killing who. I just wanted to be right. :pout:

One thing that no one else noticed that I did. Starlight Express nightkilled on Night 3 even though Starlight Express (sig) was lynched Day 3. My reasoning wasn't perfect, but that was still more consistent than the Night 8 kill.
Night 8 was Wildhorn.
Scotty wrote:Argh. What an agonizing loss. This game pulled at my heart strings. I have the answers to trivia on a doc at home because I love this shit.

I love musical theater, which is most of the reason I even came here. So it pains me that I died right before trivia, where I would have won something most likely. Ah well.

I think I matured in my mafia-life a lot through this game. Thank you Dom for hosting- I had a blast.
Golden wrote:I don't know why I survived the night 2 attempted kill. But I'm glad I did.
You're welcome.

I also saved Sloonei Day 3. And then, I got really pissed off because I started saving people in the order they were killed, but the day before they were killed. And I couldn't save the same person in a row.

Here's my save list:
N1- no one
N2- Golden (saved)
N3- Sloonei (saved)
N4- Golden
N5- Sloonei (It was 50/50 with FZ. FZ dies)
N6- timmer (wanted Sloonei, but can't protect 2 in a row, Sloonei dies)
N7- Golden (wanted timmer, but can't protect 2 in a tow, timmer dies)
N8- JJJ (my first pass)
N9- Epi (I dead)

Golden had me fooled. Thought he was civ early game for sure. Got me really curious why no one was killing him as we went on after Day 7 though.

The 2 times Dom had to correct a mistake and make people miraculously come back to life? He forgot about my save n2 on Golden, and forgot about my ability to survive a lynch on n9.

I thought I was doing a great doctor role early game, and then backed up and screwed it up after night 4.

Btw @Dom, why did no one kill on n4?
I effed up. The kill would have failed, so I wrote it into N5's post.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 72

Post by DFaraday »

Dom wrote: #6) Stephen Sondheim writes politically. Which of his musicals is often looked at as a mirroring of American Foreign policy in the post-war era?
This was easily the hardest question. I ended up accepting two answers here. My intended answer was Merrily We Roll Along (if you view Frank has the current president for whatever year the show is currently in, it's quite interesting). Foreign Policy might have been a bit too restrictive of wording, but the show constantly reminds you of Vietnam, Cuba, and Kennedy.
Rob linked me to a scholarly article about The Frogs being an allegory for US foreign policy, so I allowed it.
I was so sure it was Pacific Overtures that I didn't even consider changing that answer. :keys:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I think I PMed Dom nearly every musical Sondheim had ever written. When I finally got it right, it was my last guess before giving up.

I had also read the article about the Frogs, but I didn't think of using Epi's technique on that one.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

DFaraday wrote:
Dom wrote: #6) Stephen Sondheim writes politically. Which of his musicals is often looked at as a mirroring of American Foreign policy in the post-war era?
I was so sure it was Pacific Overtures that I didn't even consider changing that answer. :keys:
Pacific Overtures takes place in the 1800s. :p
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Dom wrote:
DFaraday wrote:
Yeah, but I assumed it was also meant to thematically evoke East-West relations since then with the whole American imperialism thing, which is still an issue.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

DFaraday wrote:
Dom wrote:
DFaraday wrote:
Yeah, but I assumed it was also meant to thematically evoke East-West relations since then with the whole American imperialism thing, which is still an issue.
Not the answer I was looking for, but that's kind of true. :)
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Dom wrote:
DFaraday wrote:
Dom wrote:
DFaraday wrote:
Not the answer I was looking for, but that's kind of true. :)
I should have pressed the issue like Epi did. :p
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 705
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I never bothered to push my golden suspicion because i kept assuming he'd be killed every night.
Awesome game, comgrats on the win, winners.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 97

Post by timmer »

Thanks for the game, Dom! And congrats to the winners! I'm glad I was able to block a few kills early on, but as usual when I'm a civ with a good power, I died early...

:noble:
My siggie.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 319

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote:
FZ. wrote:If it makes you feel better, I get killed almost every game, and never win when it happens. :shrug: But I feel bad for you knowing that every time you put so much into being a civ, you end up losing late in the game. This is Flash all over. The annoying part is, we did take out all the active mafia players. It's hard to judge players who substitute a non active player so late in the game. In my opinion, the Flash win was more impressive.
The Flash win was one of the most impressive wins in Mafia history, to be quite honest and to toot our own horn. A baddie team that won without a kill. :faint: Next to impossible.
I don't know why Webber killed Epi on Night 1, but we tried to kill him on Night 2 because he was after me hard on a whim on Day 1, and we were happy to see him go because of it. Only some crazy random happenstance allowed him to keep breathing on Day 3 and beyond. If Epi wants to survive longer, the first step would be not to come after Long Con hard for no real reason on Day 1. :feb: People die for that. Good to know for the future.
You used empty rhetoric ("I find the MP / Epi thing interesting and would like to see how that plays out.")

That indicated to me that you were bad, and pushing it confirmed that for me. It wasn't a whim. It was observing your language. It wasn't something you would ordinarily say. It gave you license to vote either MP or me if things went that way, then you could fill in the blank later.

To you tell you the truth, I was a little shocked that you were that obvious.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

good game y'all, congrats winners. thanks for hosting Dom and letting me take part.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote:
Long Con wrote:
You used empty rhetoric ("I find the MP / Epi thing interesting and would like to see how that plays out.")

That indicated to me that you were bad, and pushing it confirmed that for me. It wasn't a whim. It was observing your language. It wasn't something you would ordinarily say. It gave you license to vote either MP or me if things went that way, then you could fill in the blank later.

To you tell you the truth, I was a little shocked that you were that obvious.
That was something I would have said were I Civvie, Indy, baddie, or something else. You could come after me every time for a statement like that, and you will end up getting lucky some of the time. It was simply my thoughts on the very few things that had happened on Day 0, not some setup for "a license" to come after either of you at some point.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 319

Post by Epignosis »

There's more to it than that, but I will keep the rest to myself. :dark:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote:There's more to it than that, but I will keep the rest to myself. :dark:
Fair enough. I know you have excellent Mafia instincts, and that I'm often a pretty sloppy player... I just know that when I wrote the statement that you saw as a way to implicate you and MP, that such a thing was not on my mind when I said it.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I want to thank everyone who has said they enjoyed the game.. :) I'm glad you all enjoyed it!
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I have found, sometimes, that I've caught people on intuition and there is no ability to frame it as easily as 'because you said this thing and it comes from a baddie mindset'. I think epi is particularly good with that kind of intuition.

@Dom - it was great. Great theme. Is this the point where I admit to liking Webber musicals?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Golden wrote:I have found, sometimes, that I've caught people on intuition and there is no ability to frame it as easily as 'because you said this thing and it comes from a baddie mindset'. I think epi is particularly good with that kind of intuition.

@Dom - it was great. Great theme. Is this the point where I admit to liking Webber musicals?
Golden's win has been rescinded. :p
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Dom wrote:I want to thank everyone who has said they enjoyed the game.. :) I'm glad you all enjoyed it!
We're only in it for the money. :workit:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Golden wrote:I have found, sometimes, that I've caught people on intuition and there is no ability to frame it as easily as 'because you said this thing and it comes from a baddie mindset'. I think epi is particularly good with that kind of intuition.

I like Phantom. :noble:

And yes, it was one of the most fun games I've played, Dom!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dom wrote:

Golden's win has been rescinded. :p
Umm.... the question was purely hypothetical :noble:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Dom wrote:I want to thank everyone who has said they enjoyed the game.. :) I'm glad you all enjoyed it!
Why did our killed get redirected on Night 2?
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

S~V~S you are a mafia BEAST!!!!!!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 115

Post by G-Man »

Just want to say that this was a fun game to follow. Not so much a fun game to participate in but that'll happen when you sub in for someone who made themselves look guilty to the extreme and got busted commenting on his departure from the game on another mafia site mere minutes before being introduced as a replacement. I was doomed from the start but I think I made the most of it by leaving virtually no trace of alignment to my teammates. I even ignored our BTSC chat room for days on end while I was alive. And by now you all know I can't help myself when it comes to writing silly after-death posts. :rolleyes:

Overall, I have to say that was one of the most difficult scenarios I have ever faced. Not stressful in the slightest but difficult because I had no motivation for getting into the game or even attempting to put up a front to make up for my predecessor. I will say that I was surprised that outside information was allowed to be used against me/my predecessor. Was there any discussion about that from the mod side of the site? I'm not whining and playing the Unfair Card or anything (because my predecessor did enough damage to make his baddie status evident). Maybe I'm just being too old school in my thought process but I remember back when you weren't supposed to use external information as evidence in a game.

I guess there's a relationship here akin to don't be an asshat / don't get butt-hurt. Don't bring evidence in from other forums and don't run your mouth about a game in progress on another forum. Does that make sense? Not looking to start a thing here or get anyone in trouble. Just getting it off my chest.

Regardless, I have no regrets helping out an old acquaintance and subbing into this game. After all, I did manage to out-live Long Con. :feb: How you guys let that happen is beyond me. ;)
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

G-Man wrote:Just want to say that this was a fun game to follow. Not so much a fun game to participate in but that'll happen when you sub in for someone who made themselves look guilty to the extreme and got busted commenting on his departure from the game on another mafia site mere minutes before being introduced as a replacement. I was doomed from the start but I think I made the most of it by leaving virtually no trace of alignment to my teammates. I even ignored our BTSC chat room for days on end while I was alive. And by now you all know I can't help myself when it comes to writing silly after-death posts. :rolleyes:

Overall, I have to say that was one of the most difficult scenarios I have ever faced. Not stressful in the slightest but difficult because I had no motivation for getting into the game or even attempting to put up a front to make up for my predecessor. I will say that I was surprised that outside information was allowed to be used against me/my predecessor. Was there any discussion about that from the mod side of the site? I'm not whining and playing the Unfair Card or anything (because my predecessor did enough damage to make his baddie status evident). Maybe I'm just being too old school in my thought process but I remember back when you weren't supposed to use external information as evidence in a game.

I guess there's a relationship here akin to don't be an asshat / don't get butt-hurt. Don't bring evidence in from other forums and don't run your mouth about a game in progress on another forum. Does that make sense? Not looking to start a thing here or get anyone in trouble. Just getting it off my chest.

Regardless, I have no regrets helping out an old acquaintance and subbing into this game. After all, I did manage to out-live Long Con. :feb: How you guys let that happen is beyond me. ;)
I know I commented on it immediately after Golden posted. I'm surprised nobody used that to make a case I was on your team.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 705
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I would like to say that this was one of the best and most memorable (and the longest by far) games I've ever played and I appreciate everyone who participated, and hope all the no-shows are doing well too. But also that this will he the last time anyone around here sees me in a game for a while. I hope to return and play some more when I have time (probably in January). I really enjoy this community, y'all are great and I'm sorry I have to go absent so soon.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 270
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote:I would like to say that this was one of the best and most memorable (and the longest by far) games I've ever played and I appreciate everyone who participated, and hope all the no-shows are doing well too. But also that this will he the last time anyone around here sees me in a game for a while. I hope to return and play some more when I have time (probably in January). I really enjoy this community, y'all are great and I'm sorry I have to go absent so soon.
Aww I know I'll miss you Sloons. Be well!
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I can't agree with not using stuff from another forum, because what it amounts to is this - you are asking me to lie about why I know the other person is bad just because you think it's unfair that I shouldn't use your own actions against you. To me that's actually ridiculously unfair to me - why should I have to lie because someone can't keep their mouth shut? People try and use stuff from another forum in their defence all the time (it's on my meta, go read this game on this forum). But if it's used against them they start to suggest it's unfair. But also, it's not even like TGG limited his musings to another forum. When I brought it in, I was using THIS forum.

The situation is different here because G-Man ended up reaping the penalty and it wasn't his actions, but I brought it in before G-Man subbed in. If I'd known G-Man was subbing in to that role right then, I would have given the substitute a fair shake. It was very unfortunate timing.

Simple reality here is - TGG could have done many things differently - he could have been honest about why he subbed out, he could have done it with different timing that it wasn't so obvious, and he could have not gone rubbing his mouth in other places (including on this forum) about people subbing back in. None of that is on me.

I don't think there is any relationship 'don't bring something in from another forum/don't run your mouth about a game in progress on another forum'. There is only 'don't run your mouth about a game in progress on another forum - or, in fact, on other parts of the same forum'. It's a very basic rule about the game of mafia and if people don't do it, it's really entirely their own fault if they get lynched for it.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

I'm cool with that. Obviously what happened is an extremely rare occurrence. I told Dom I was ready to sub in about a day before FZ and I joined so I did try to catch up a little before I was officially greenlit. I figured my tenure would be short as soon as I saw that Gamer was already taking a lot of heat but once you posted that info from another forum I did one of these:

You're right- the biggest takeaway here is don't talk about active games even if you sub out.

But I hold no grudges (except with you, Golden the Coward ;) ) and all is forgiven in terms of what happened in this game.
My Banners:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

One thing I will say, G-Man, is that I'm glad it was you subbing in (as much as it sucks for anyone) because you handle these kind of things with grace and manage to make the game fun (well, I think so, anyway) even when you are doomed.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 121

Post by S~V~S »

I think out of thread info should be as limited as possible. I used to HATE it back in the day when we used Chatango when people used to check to see who was online, etc. Although some things are unavoidable, like a person announcing in another thread, or forum, what their affiliation was. It is hard to ignore that. But in a perfect world, no out of thread info would be fair.

I subbed in to a game as a pretty much outed baddie once, and I managed to work with it and survived to the end, which was not easy, although I did not win (the Botnet, a recruiting group, won). That was the Hey Man game :D Good times!
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Long Con wrote:
Why did our killed get redirected on Night 2?
Hedgeowl targeted you. :)
Sloonei wrote:I would like to say that this was one of the best and most memorable (and the longest by far) games I've ever played and I appreciate everyone who participated, and hope all the no-shows are doing well too. But also that this will he the last time anyone around here sees me in a game for a while. I hope to return and play some more when I have time (probably in January). I really enjoy this community, y'all are great and I'm sorry I have to go absent so soon.
I thank you, Sloonei. :) My other game will be playing at least after that, so I hope to see you then! Can't wait to actually play with you, as you were a joy to host.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Golden wrote:One thing I will say, G-Man, is that I'm glad it was you subbing in (as much as it sucks for anyone) because you handle these kind of things with grace and manage to make the game fun (well, I think so, anyway) even when you are doomed.
Thanks. I hope you remember that when you vote for your favorite new forum member next year. ;) (Kidding. Sort of.)

Though I have to say, your comment amuses me a little bit because I definitely did not take things so nonchalantly back in the day. Maybe something changed in me that day I went all Mr. Fun-Killer on ObscureAllure in the STV forums. I like to think fatherhood has brought out even more of my silly side too.

Whatever the case may be, it all boils down to perspective. I'm here for fun and it's just not worth getting all bent out of shape over an unfortunate happenstance that arises in a game on the internet that no one will remember me for after I'm dead. I signed up as a favor for Dom and I had fun with the situation for myself.

Did we ever find out who the insanifier was? Seriously, I love you! :clap: I've always wanted to use that thing. XD I'm pretty sure I've never been insanified before.

I realize not everyone shares my enthusiasm for my new-found affection for quirky themes but as long as I bring a smile to one person's face, I've accomplished my goal. :nicenod:
My Banners:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Turns out it was Neverwhere. I assumed it was you!
Bubbles
The Mark
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Bubbles »

this was a great game Dom, very memorable. thankyou for hosting it :clap:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

TinyBubbles wrote:this was a great game Dom, very memorable. thankyou for hosting it :clap:
One day you'll be bad, bubbles.
Bubbles
The Mark
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Bubbles »

Golden wrote:
TinyBubbles wrote:this was a great game Dom, very memorable. thankyou for hosting it :clap:
One day you'll be bad, bubbles.
haha one can only hope. I think i'm on my 6th game now of only being good, I am starting to think this is all there is to the game :p
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I think I had to wait until my 8th or 9th game to be bad.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 121

Post by S~V~S »

It was my fifth or sixth, maybe. And I got lynched Day One, lynch led by Long Con :D

I was so horrible, lol.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

S~V~S wrote:It was my fifth or sixth, maybe. And I got lynched Day One, lynch led by Long Con :D

I was so horrible, lol.
HOW DO YOU REMEMBER THIS STUFF?? Which game was it? :grin:

Return to “Previous Jobs”