The Urban Cowboy (non/dead)
50%

Total votes: 8
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 121

Re: [ENDGAME] Bullets Over Broadway Mafia

Post by S~V~S »

I think out of thread info should be as limited as possible. I used to HATE it back in the day when we used Chatango when people used to check to see who was online, etc. Although some things are unavoidable, like a person announcing in another thread, or forum, what their affiliation was. It is hard to ignore that. But in a perfect world, no out of thread info would be fair.

I subbed in to a game as a pretty much outed baddie once, and I managed to work with it and survived to the end, which was not easy, although I did not win (the Botnet, a recruiting group, won). That was the Hey Man game :D Good times!
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Dom »

Long Con wrote:
Dom wrote:I want to thank everyone who has said they enjoyed the game.. :) I'm glad you all enjoyed it!
Why did our killed get redirected on Night 2?
Hedgeowl targeted you. :)
Sloonei wrote:I would like to say that this was one of the best and most memorable (and the longest by far) games I've ever played and I appreciate everyone who participated, and hope all the no-shows are doing well too. But also that this will he the last time anyone around here sees me in a game for a while. I hope to return and play some more when I have time (probably in January). I really enjoy this community, y'all are great and I'm sorry I have to go absent so soon.
I thank you, Sloonei. :) My other game will be playing at least after that, so I hope to see you then! Can't wait to actually play with you, as you were a joy to host.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 115

Post by G-Man »

Golden wrote:One thing I will say, G-Man, is that I'm glad it was you subbing in (as much as it sucks for anyone) because you handle these kind of things with grace and manage to make the game fun (well, I think so, anyway) even when you are doomed.
Thanks. I hope you remember that when you vote for your favorite new forum member next year. ;) (Kidding. Sort of.)

Though I have to say, your comment amuses me a little bit because I definitely did not take things so nonchalantly back in the day. Maybe something changed in me that day I went all Mr. Fun-Killer on ObscureAllure in the STV forums. I like to think fatherhood has brought out even more of my silly side too.

Whatever the case may be, it all boils down to perspective. I'm here for fun and it's just not worth getting all bent out of shape over an unfortunate happenstance that arises in a game on the internet that no one will remember me for after I'm dead. I signed up as a favor for Dom and I had fun with the situation for myself.

Did we ever find out who the insanifier was? Seriously, I love you! :clap: I've always wanted to use that thing. XD I'm pretty sure I've never been insanified before.

I realize not everyone shares my enthusiasm for my new-found affection for quirky themes but as long as I bring a smile to one person's face, I've accomplished my goal. :nicenod:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 692

Post by Golden »

Turns out it was Neverwhere. I assumed it was you!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Bubbles
The Mark
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Bubbles »

this was a great game Dom, very memorable. thankyou for hosting it :clap:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

TinyBubbles wrote:this was a great game Dom, very memorable. thankyou for hosting it :clap:
One day you'll be bad, bubbles.
Bubbles
The Mark
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Bubbles »

Golden wrote:
TinyBubbles wrote:this was a great game Dom, very memorable. thankyou for hosting it :clap:
One day you'll be bad, bubbles.
haha one can only hope. I think i'm on my 6th game now of only being good, I am starting to think this is all there is to the game :p
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 137
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I think I had to wait until my 8th or 9th game to be bad.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

It was my fifth or sixth, maybe. And I got lynched Day One, lynch led by Long Con :D

I was so horrible, lol.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

S~V~S wrote:It was my fifth or sixth, maybe. And I got lynched Day One, lynch led by Long Con :D

I was so horrible, lol.
HOW DO YOU REMEMBER THIS STUFF?? Which game was it? :grin:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

LAs Twilight game. You made a list of roles and discussed them as you do, and I was like (with my own role, lol) "Hey, you shouldn't blow that role off. It's really powerful". Lord was I weak :haha:

I remember that one specifically becasue it was the Coxie game, the one where the civvies kept her alive (she was my teammate) so the kill would not pass.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

S~V~S wrote:LAs Twilight game. You made a list of roles and discussed them as you do, and I was like (with my own role, lol) "Hey, you shouldn't blow that role off. It's really powerful". Lord was I weak :haha:

I remember that one specifically becasue it was the Coxie game, the one where the civvies kept her alive (she was my teammate) so the kill would not pass.
If we could find someone (since danhm is just not gonna do it) who knows SQL, then there's a chance we could get The Piano back online. Even just as a historical reference.
Cobalt
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 199

Post by Cobalt »

AFTER ALL THAT SHIT YOU GUYS LET LONG CON'S TEAM WIN

GIOESHDFFIODAHOFWGRSFIOVHBWEKNGBFSODWEDGJSFV
Cobalt
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 199

Post by Cobalt »

MY SALT HAS BEEN AMPLIFIED. THIS IS NOT OVER.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Tee hee.

I just signed up for your game at JTM, so I hope you aren't a vengeful host :grin:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Cobalt wrote:AFTER ALL THAT SHIT YOU GUYS LET LONG CON'S TEAM WIN

Oh, hey Cobalt - I almost forgot that this was the same game you were in! Thanks for the congrats! :grin:
XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 22

Post by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »

Cobalt wrote:MY SALT HAS BEEN AMPLIFIED. THIS IS NOT OVER.
Awww. But we just finished Salt Therapy. Guess we need Bious to give you some more appointments.

Anyway, I did find it hilarious how long my name was a relevant topic after I left. Epignosis being revived did extremely piss me off yes, but that wasnt why I subbed out. I legitimately had no home internet. You can ask Bass The Clever. I hadnt signed into XBL for like an entire month and that is very far out of the ordinary. But Epi being brought back into the game immediately after being night killed is exactly why I will never play another game where dead players can be subbed in. Sure if you twist and bend the fuck out of that night phase, we essentially night killed Moving Pictures. But that wasnt who I wanted dead. If I wanted MP, dead, I wouldve killed MP. But I wanted Epi gone, and by subbing him back in right after death you essentially overrode my night kill and I am not having that shit as long as I have a choice. If that ever happens to me again I will explicitly ruin a game to make a lesson out of it. Count on that.

At the very least, players who are night killed by vigi, third party, and mafia should be exempt from subbing back into the game. Only lynched civs should be allowed to sub back in, but even then I would prefer that it not be allowed in the first place.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 319

Post by Epignosis »

XthAtGAm3RGuYX wrote:If that ever happens to me again I will explicitly ruin a game to make a lesson out of it. Count on that.
No, we won't be counting on that. I suggest you rethink that manner of expressing your dissatisfaction, because if you follow through with your "lesson," we won't be hearing from you here. Image
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

i think everyone would prefer an outside player as a sub when possible, but sometimes it isn't possible. bringing someone back for round two is better than a modkill.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Stool Pigeon

Post by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »

Epignosis wrote:
XthAtGAm3RGuYX wrote:If that ever happens to me again I will explicitly ruin a game to make a lesson out of it. Count on that.
No, we won't be counting on that. I suggest you rethink that manner of expressing your dissatisfaction, because if you follow through with your "lesson," we won't be hearing from you here. Image

I'll be checking with the GM(hosts) prior to any time I sing up here anyway, and as long as nobody lies to me about their policy on dead player subs and brings one back in anyway after they told me they wouldnt, it should be a problem anyway. I think the only exception I will be making is in Roxy's upcoming game. Bass wants me to play it since I'm pulling him into Cobalt's Teen Wolf game.
XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Stool Pigeon

Post by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »

[quote="XthAtGAm3RGuYX"] it should* be a problem anyway./quote]
*Shouldn't
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Ricochet »

There isn't a policy on dead players subs that I know of, except if hosts individually come up with one (or you force them into committing to one, which you seem to imply). JJJ's take on it sounds about right to me, normally I'd try in order with players who signed as replacements, non-players (whilst not exactly trying to ask the entire forum, either) and only then 2.0s - that would have to have been confirmed civs as 1.0 or players without any 1.0 knowledge of remaining players' roles/alignment (from checking or having BTSC). I can see how Epig's sub was a bit unclear, since he was NKd, but I don't find it more dramatic than that.
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 72

Post by Black Rock »

Long Con wrote:
Cobalt wrote:AFTER ALL THAT SHIT YOU GUYS LET LONG CON'S TEAM WIN

Oh, hey Cobalt - I almost forgot that this was the same game you were in! Thanks for the congrats! :grin:
I think he really likes you. :srsnod:
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Thanks to LC for the wonderful banners. :)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 122

Post by fingersplints »

Thanks for the game Dom. It turns out I have had no internet access on my camping trip. (I'm actually at an Internet cafe atm so don't have time yet to read all that went down)

I loved my role (it was especially fun to repeatedly silence the people who I knew it would irritate the most :) ) and I loved my team
Congrats winners!
Gro-oo-ovy
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

fingersplints wrote: (it was especially fun to repeatedly silence the people who I knew it would irritate the most :) )
:D

After we lynched you and you were the phantom, I realised I should have known that might be you.

As it turned out, silence was a blessing because I was so busy during this game that it meant I could legitimately check out a little for a couple of days.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Epignosis wrote:
Dom wrote:I want to say how much I appreciate your effort into this game NJU despite losing! You were amazing and JUST barely lost. I loved every single re-write you did and I sent them to my musical theater friends. ^_^

I appreciate everyone who put effort into this game. I loved hosting you.

I also want to say that there was a third prize STILL available from trivia and it would have really changed the game. It was the mystery prize, and I'm shocked no one took it. It was basically, a "what do you want for a prize? propose something and i'll consider it" prize. That could have utterly changed the game.
All I needed was the damn role check. And I got killed anyway. Thanks for nothing fingersplints. :meany:
What did I do?

I mean besides kill you twice XD idk why all the kills had the chandelier in them. Faraday sent them in not me :p although I agreed to all except one which turns out was the best one of them all Haha
DFaraday wrote:Also, I like how nobody thought that Splints and I were teammates. :D Our team made sure it would be very difficult to link us at all.
All that hard work we did distancing for nothing!
You and G were right about SVS though!!!
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Long Con wrote:I think I had to wait until my 8th or 9th game to be bad.
I was bad my first game :mafia: :feb:

only I didn't realise until night 2.
Gro-oo-ovy
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Ricochet »

fingersplints wrote:

Did you win?

I did mine. :mafia:
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Ricochet wrote:
fingersplints wrote:

Did you win?

I did mine. :mafia:
Lol no I lost :( I made a lot of mistakes early on in my mafia career
Gro-oo-ovy
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 393
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

My first game as a baddie I get lynched in LYLO. It was unfortunate times. :(

My first game here as a baddie, I won!

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

The first game I ever won was as a baddie (Sesame Street on STV) but I think it was my third time. The second time I was a baddie it was LC's Sandman game on RM, and I was fairly new to polls so I voted without posting not realising it was not good form. I got lynched Day 1.
like I said I made a lot of mistakes early on :p
Gro-oo-ovy
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I was a baddie in my first game. I don't remember why/how I got lynched.... maybe I got NK'd I don't remember.

Return to “Previous Jobs”