Roxy is awesome!
47%

Total votes: 15
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 28

Re: Game Over -The Syndicate Mafia

Post by Ricochet »

Well I wasn't ready for this to end tonight (was excepting 3 vs 1 lylo tomorrow), but here's the concession recap.

The Good
-- The winners. Congrats to them. boo dupes everyone again with strong gameplay and taking command over the dynamic, no surprise there after Death Note.
-- This game. Amazing in its challenge and results, overall.
-- The Hostesses. Great in every way and terrific to have around. Plus, I understand they said something about, except a runner-up competition from DrWilgy, me being their favourite player with whom they had contact...? That's gotta be a reward in itself. :noble:
-- Surviving a phase as an outed seemer. Going from certain kill to NO votes taken. Nothing else worked out for us, but this has to feel good. Also, you should have seen Golden and JJJ constantly ready to buss me, only to congratulate me at the end of that Day for the bewildering result. XD
-- The irony of me playing Golden and Golden playing me and being together on the same team. XD Hostesses say it was purely random, but I ain't buying it. :p
-- Speaking of, at least Golden didn't win. :p
-- Oh, at least MM didn't win either. :p
-- The team that was there. Eloh and BR, it had a great time playing with you. As for my trio with Golden and JJJ, let us meet again and make it work next time, gentlemen.
-- My teammates not figuring out who I was, except for Black Rock ("Scotty"), but she spotted me dun goofing in a Chat she created in Recruitement, probably. And perhaps boo? Idk, I dun goofed in Gladiators twice as well.
-- Not being figured out by anyone else, either... he says in his wishful thinking... :shifty:
-- My sock. I literally freaked out when I was delegated to play Golden, because of time issues and not being prepared one bit to adopt his persona. But until I had to start adopting other socks as well (see slightly below) or just lose grip on it (late in my game), I tried to emulate him as best as possible. Of course I collected as much meta as possible - I'll just copy some of it here
Spoiler: show
Traits very active [bad time for that in RL]
responsive to all topics [yeah no]
elaborate, articulate
sometimes jokey, meta
very good, accurate with role analysis [improve on that - never did lol]

Civ Roger Rabbit
Biblical
Indy w. BTSC BoB
Mafia Economics
Guess Who

Addressing BR Elo/elo (no h) LC MM Roxy
Dom Epig/epi (Epi) Llama Rico TGG

Voting I'm gonna vote X
Referencing a-rond X
linki (no capital0
no italics, use * *
Arguing I disagree that...
Some further thoughts. [new paragraphs]
I wonder if...
Also,
On the other hand
...so I guess...
I like the idea about
Yeah I get that, I'm not saying (that).... I Just said (that)...
My logic is that...
multi-numbered reasoning; numbering with 1) or 2)
You are right about this.

Stances I disagree that voting for a low poster is not better then randomizing. I am so fed up of seeing baddies win simply because they didn't bother to post so no
Sussing I'm really looking most at X and Y for my vote right now.
X, you are an interesting character. I don't know what to make of you.
This is now officially getting my eye.
Didn't sit right with me.
OK, I'll note things with X as I go through the thread.

Denyings Not dropped, just less likely to vote that way than the two who aren't really engaging at this point.

Emoticons Nice nod Noble Pout hug
Tongue OMG Eyeball
Very Happy LMAO dunno

Nemesises Manu, Mata, FH, unfurl
-- Day 3. TH and whoever else cursed me, if you think you burned me good, then let me tell it was among the best experiences I've had. XD I've had to play as Golden, TGG (was already "seemed"), G-Man (because of the pictures) AND DrWilgy (because of the challenge to post like him - which I just paraphrased into an inner grotesque-humoresque story), at the same time. How's that for eclecticism! Loved it - even if it was all for naught... :sigh:

The Bad
-- That I lost, of course. In fact, I'm now 0/2 in the last three games I plan to play. I only have Talking Heads left. :puppy:
-- The team constantly getting rekt by the recruit killer. :disappoint: And then the blocker, cop and so forth. Oh well.
-- Golden's lamenting in BTSC. :p Not to mention, his predictions coming true, as well. :disappoint:
-- The outbursts in the game. Let's not ever go back there again.
-- The seemer. F this role. :disappoint: I handled it as best as I could, without any experience (obviously I wasn't that mad to go search for TGG's Crazy Clown meta from two freaking months ago, so at that point I basically conceded), but me no likey.
-- The mafia slackers. I'm sorry, but we were seven. SEVEN. And in the end, after "LC" (Eloh) died, it felt like we were only three. And then we were just three. And then... And then... BR I can understand, since she couldn't balance hosting and playing, but we also lost "Wilgy", who had become a second seemer and "Blooper" as a protector. I think BR said in BTSC that Bass is a beast to have as teammate, but sorry, I didn't see any of this. And Lacey, as far as I understand, was the only player who was delegated mafia because she asked or stated such preferenced. Disappointing.
-- Losing the Day-whatever-it-was challenge (the video one). I've talked to the Hosts and I apologise for bringing it up, but the way I still see it, I lost to bias and it also happened to drive the mafia's game into near ruin (TGG flipping as the real player and tracker and thus sending me to the grave, etc.) The seemer story / possibility was in the open already, "rey"/TH himself suspected me all along, so losing after two days of efforts to "MM" cracking a llama (oh the irony!) vid joke was desolating and felt rigged. I don't know if this is true, but this is how it feels. If your choice was genuine and unbiased, TH, then you still broke my heart. :pout: It stands for me as a glitch in the Challenger's role design, which is why I think that normally the decider should be third party. Since TH already had info (and suss) on me, compared to the first challenge (which I won), I regard this second challenge as having had no chance to earn his sympathy anymore. All in the past, but just want to share this, for future reflection on how to let players be the judge of others, especially if dynamic and perception can change.
-- Losing my shit on D7 and using the Day end, although we discussed in private that, should things go south, we'll preserve it. But nope - after we lost "Scotty"/BR on D6, the recruit killed "SVS"/JJJ and I suddenly saw red in front of my eyes. I even did a terrible move voting/lynching "rey"/TH, whom we blocked that Night, trying to figure out if he's the killer. It wouldn't have made any sense to push that lynch anymore, since the kill went through. Anyway, dumb and costly and it was 98% over afterwards for us. Props to the real, worthy Golden toughing it out a few more Days.
-- Unanimously lynched, oops.

I'm sure there's more, but I'm too tired right now.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Turnip Head wrote:My least favorite part was getting blitz lynched in 30 seconds :suspish:
You're welcome. :mafia:
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 7
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

Turnip Head wrote:
boo wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:So Lacey was able to recruit last night even though Eloh 2 had been dead since Day 5? How did that work?
She started out recruiting odd nights and killing evens. I got both powers when she was killed. If I died with at least one recruit, they would have passed down again, and if without, the recruiting would stop and the kill would go to the other baddie team.
See, that's annoying :kadaj:
It would have been if we'd been better at recruiting. Besides me and right at the end Epi, the only would be successful recruit was MM2, who had the kill PM sent in befor I got in the recruit PM.

The problem I had was, when I got recruited, I assumed the other team was also a recruit built team, and that whoever had recruited LC2 was someone who had led that lynch and wanted cred. So I started hunting down people who fit a profile that turned out to be worthless, and tried to recruit people who turned out to be bad.

It wasn't until around the time I used the kill prize on Scotty and started decimating the other team (btw, at that point I was probably the most civilian baddie ever. I had killed more confirmed baddies personally than the entirety of the civilians had) that I realized I had things wrong, but even then I still wasn't sure if all civilian roles would be recruitable or not, which is why it took me so long to try getting Epi.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 82

Post by fingersplints »

boo wrote:even then I still wasn't sure if all civilian roles would be recruitable or not, which is why it took me so long to try getting Epi.
Any role with a kill was nonrecruitable. So all the other baddies and llama.
Gro-oo-ovy
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 20
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Ricochet wrote: -- Day 3. TH and whoever else cursed me, if you think you burned me good, then let me tell it was among the best experiences I've had. XD I've had to play as Golden, TGG (was already "seemed"), G-Man (because of the pictures) AND DrWilgy (because of the challenge to post like him - which I just paraphrased into an inner grotesque-humoresque story), at the same time. How's that for eclecticism! Loved it - even if it was all for naught... :sigh:
I picked you (and everyone else) for those challenges with the expectation that you would rock it. Lacey 2 of course had to keep undermining my efforts, so I was happy to see him lose the alphabet challenge to Cobalt 2 :P

As for the second challenge you had: I won't argue that the effort wasn't there on your part, and that it was a close vote, and that I suspected you... but I watched the entirety of that llama video, and I was laughing my ass off.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Congratulations winners! Game well played. boo you were awesome. And kudos to the hosts. You did a great job with everything about this game and I thoroughly enjoyed it even after I left.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Turnip Head wrote:
Ricochet wrote: -- Day 3. TH and whoever else cursed me, if you think you burned me good, then let me tell it was among the best experiences I've had. XD I've had to play as Golden, TGG (was already "seemed"), G-Man (because of the pictures) AND DrWilgy (because of the challenge to post like him - which I just paraphrased into an inner grotesque-humoresque story), at the same time. How's that for eclecticism! Loved it - even if it was all for naught... :sigh:
I picked you (and everyone else) for those challenges with the expectation that you would rock it. Lacey 2 of course had to keep undermining my efforts, so I was happy to see him lose the alphabet challenge to Cobalt 2 :P

As for the second challenge you had: I won't argue that the effort wasn't there on your part, and that it was a close vote, and that I suspected you... but I watched the entirety of that llama video, and I was laughing my ass off.
If you say it was a close vote, then it's still a problem for me, because it can be extremely demoralising. After all, if one can sometimes win with 2 posts, why should one struggle to do so (and fail) with 200... :shrug:

Or maybe a lesson to learn. But I don't feel it was a quality over quantity lesson. I damn well had the quality. Even TGG found it in his heart to give me a clap for it.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Ricochet wrote:-- The irony of me playing Golden and Golden playing me and being together on the same team. XD Hostesses say it was purely random, but I ain't buying it. :p
That truly was random! What's funny is while this was going on I replaced into Dfaraday's game as a baddie, and got btsc with Dom and MM, who were pretending to be each other in this game, and Golden.

I loved when you guys didn't know who each other were in the btsc. All the sock btsc was so entertaining.

Ricochet wrote:-- The mafia slackers. I'm sorry, but we were seven. SEVEN. And in the end, after "LC" (Eloh) died, it felt like we were only three. And then we were just three. And then... And then... BR I can understand, since she couldn't balance hosting and playing, but we also lost "Wilgy", who had become a second seemer and "Blooper" as a protector. I think BR said in BTSC that Bass is a beast to have as teammate, but sorry, I didn't see any of this. And Lacey, as far as I understand, was the only player who was delegated mafia because she asked or stated such preferenced. Disappointing.
Your team was really troopers. :hugs: The modkills hurt the team, but you guys still would have stood a chance if it weren't for boo. He was killing your team, and then he took that LD prize to get it out of the hands of the civvies. :haha:

lips was the only change, and that one was only because we needed to shift someone around to accommodate DrWilgy who signed up shortly after the randomization. We really couldn't have asked for it to turn out better. Some of the assignments were so perfect.

Gro-oo-ovy
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Ricochet wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:

If you say it was a close vote, then it's still a problem for me, because it can be extremely demoralising. After all, if one can sometimes win with 2 posts, why should one struggle to do so (and fail) with 200... :shrug:

Or maybe a lesson to learn. But I don't feel it was a quality over quantity lesson. I damn well had the quality. Even TGG found it in his heart to give me a clap for it.
You should thank me for cursing you that day; otherwise I would have tried to pivot that lynch off of boo 2 and onto you :P

I'm happy with the way I played my role. The challenge was to amuse me, so I'm fine with the decision I made. I enjoyed your vids as well. And I don't blame MM2 for not posting more that phase, it was an ugly thread at that point.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Turnip Head wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:

You should thank me for cursing you that day; otherwise I would have tried to pivot that lynch off of boo 2 and onto you :P

I'm happy with the way I played my role. The challenge was to amuse me, so I'm fine with the decision I made. I enjoyed your vids as well. And I don't blame MM2 for not posting more that phase, it was an ugly thread at that point.
happy is what you have to be happy with

You did enough, anyway. You took my vote away and voted "boo" over "Cookie" last second. :mafia: I never once imagined I wouldn't get to keep my vote and, together with "Scotty"s +2 on "Cookie", seal the deal.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

And you singlehandedly lynched me, so we're pretty much even lol XD
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Also, you wouldn't have touched me with real hunt. :mafia: You didn't succeed one Day earlier, after all - you didn't even vote for me, I would have had all the weapons to call flip-flop on you. "boo"'s flip was the single factor that changed things dramatically.

linki - true dat
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Admit it, my "HIMYM gaffe" theory was bulletproof :noble:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Turnip Head wrote:Admit it, my "HIMYM gaffe" theory was bulletproof :noble:
lol no. G-Man used it for any occasion, including his own civilian death (although that is understandable). Nobody listened to you on that, anyway.
XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 8

Post by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »

Ricochet wrote: Or maybe a lesson to learn. But I don't feel it was a quality over quantity lesson. I damn well had the quality. Even TGG found it in his heart to give me a clap for it.
Oh wait you were Golden 2? I couldve sworn that was somebody that I personally knew. Seemed like people around here arent as painfully into video games as my common circle of mafia players. So when somebody caught all the MGS2 quotes, one of the most controversial and somewhat least liked game in the series, I was positive you were somebody I was familiar with.

Mildly disappointed nobody caught the breadcrumbs I left to my real identity behind the sock. I knew I had to do something like that once you flipped as me.

Still though, kudos for the videos. One of these days I will learn video editing.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Golden »

Rico HAD to catch them... otherwise he couldn't convince anyone he was you. He worked damn hard at that...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
RadicalFuzz
The Mark
Posts in topic: 3

Post by RadicalFuzz »

I am confused about something.

What were the "challenges" and "prizes?"

Boo you were a pleasure to play off of. Sad you got recruited.

Rico if there's one thing I'm going to parade around until everyone's sick of it, this is it. Where had "That Goofy Clown" been referenced on Syndicate before?
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 101
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Was going to post the spreadsheet but it will have to wait. Sorry! <3
;)
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 22
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: Night 11 -The Syndicate Mafia

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:Wait it was Epi? I really thought it was Eloh later based on the posts.

Was Cobalt ALWAYS Epi?
You were easy to figure out. :p As was I. :blush:

I figured Epignosis out several days ago. I realized that whenever he wasn't making one-liner posts, his grammar was just too spot-on.
Epignosis wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I feel like an idiot. I knew Lacey was boo, and i know I have issues with trusting him when I shouldn't, but I never would have trusted Cobalt had I known it was EPi.

I honestly feel like a fool, lol.

Cookie 2 is cleaned out.
I was a civilian until now. :shrug:

I only turned on you because Dom 2 convinced me you were bad (after you had convinced me Dom 2 was bad). I felt sure one of you had to be. I used to a prize to get to talk to Dom 2 at Night as Cobalt 2 (I lied about my role).

I was in constant contact with Lipsticklacey2 as my most trusted player. After the Epignosis 2 flip, I felt sure I had been had, but I'd even told boo in chat that if he was the recruit, I couldn't be assed to make a case against him.
Actually, after I executed my plan I was talking to you about, I changed my mind about Cookie anyway. :haha:
Ricochet wrote:Golden 2 is cleaned (inbox at least, password and other stuff is up to you, Hosties :shrug: ).
Did you enjoy me going all TGG on your ass? :dark:
Roxy wrote:I <3 everyone most of all splints! <3

My internet is wonked out and I only have my phone that is at 3% will be back asap with night stuffs and questions (if any)

I thought every player played a brilliant sock - I was amazed! And adored it from a game planners perspective to see it come to fruition - my undying gratitude to all of you for that :hugs:

linky -The recruitee became the recruiter according to the way the role was written :)
Ugh, that's rough to handle in such a game. :fist:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I also found it amusing that Dom and I each failed to post in our socks while saying something to the other.

I also got a strange enjoyment from telling MM2 to quit dicking around and playing the game lol

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Stool Pigeon

Post by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
I dont even know what this means lol
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Congrats winners!

Thanks so much for hosting, Roxy and splints, you did a great job and it was a lot of fun, :)

S~V~S, I hope I didn't do too terrible a job in your sock. I tried to roleplay it even if we haven't played much together yet.

Thanks to my team mates for their effort while I was alive and especially after I was gone.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

XthAtGAm3RGuYX wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
I nabbed some sprites from your photobucket to make a case on the player who "seemed" to be you. I thought it was appropiate. :grin:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Stool Pigeon

Post by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
XthAtGAm3RGuYX wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
I nabbed some sprites from your photobucket to make a case on the player who "seemed" to be you. I thought it was appropiate. :grin:
oh yeah i forgot about that one.

Ricochet shouldve used my Mia Fey sprites. I use those in defense of myself or others. Von Karma is my attack set
Marmot
Marmot

Re: Night 6 -The Syndicate Mafia

Post by Marmot »

Golden 2 wrote:
Bass 2 wrote:
Golden 2 wrote:
Bass 2 wrote:Your case is that a Mafia Seemer walked the line of getting mod killed JUST to set you up for a lynch?
After Days of playing it safe and subtle? Sure, why not switch gears. Besides, it's also very easy to dupe you all by being so brazen and thus look like the real deal. But his fail is forgetting this isn't home turf, this is another forum. Check back my Mordechai game in Biblical (although that sock is now probably changed into one of the socks here, lol), if it pleases you, and see if you can trace any sign of me going overboard this much during it. I can play hard ball, but I'm still aware on which site I am and am aware of minimum etiquette.
"His" fail is forgetting this isn't home turf. How do you know who "he" is, if boo 2 was a seemer? If I recall correctly there are many female players on this site, so how do you know it's a "he" to begin with?
"boo" is male sock. "His".
I also should have realized from this post that Golden 2 was Ricochet. :P

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Dom »

Thanks hostess... you were lovely!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
RadicalFuzz
The Mark

Post by RadicalFuzz »

I deleted all the messages on the sock. Is there anything else I need to do to wipe it?

And seriously, what are challenges and prizes?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

RadicalFuzz wrote:I deleted all the messages on the sock. Is there anything else I need to do to wipe it?

The challenges were the various questions that the hosts asked the thread throughout the game.

I don't know what the prizes were because I didn't win a single one. :sigh:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

RadicalFuzz wrote:I deleted all the messages on the sock. Is there anything else I need to do to wipe it?

The questions they asked. The prizes were one time use abilities. The big ones I got were a kill and a lie detect. SVS got a res I think that she used on dr Wilgy.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I think challenges actually refers to my role as The Challenger where I pitted two players against each other in various competitions.

Prizes were handed out from the trivia questions that the hostesses posted throughout the game. I won an automatic NK protect from the sock guessing game early on, but I don't think I ever got to use it :fist:
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Ben Linus »

And in case anyone is curious, here's my 2nd-place entry to the sock guessing game circa Night 1.
Reywas 2 wrote:Bass - Blooper 2
Black Rock - Scotty 2
Blooper - Black Rock 2
boo - lipsticklacey 2
Cobalt - Timmer 2
Cookie - Turnip Head 2
Dom - Metalmarsh 2
Dr Wilgy - boo 2
Elohcin - JJJ 2
Epignosis - Cobalt 2
Golden - Ricochet 2
JJJ - Dom 2
lipsticklacey - Sig 2
Long Con - Llama 2
Metalmarsh - Elohcin 2
reywaS - Long Con 2
Ricochet - Golden 2
Scotty - Gamer Guy 2
Sig - Epignosis 2
SVS - Cookie 2
Synonym - Dr Wilgy 2
Gamer Guy - Synonym 2
thellama73 - SVS 2
Timmer - Bass 2
Turnip Head - reywas 2
Looking back, I have no idea why I ended up changing my read of Ricochet 2 to timmer. Should have stuck with my first read there XD
RadicalFuzz
The Mark

Post by RadicalFuzz »

Giving prizes for trivia is a very strange concept to me. Was that specific for this game or is it common on the site?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

RadicalFuzz wrote:Giving prizes for trivia is a very strange concept to me. Was that specific for this game or is it common on the site?
Happens every once in a while. Personally, I'm not usually not a fan of the advantage it can give, but it can also be a fun way to shake up the game. Not every game has it, and I would say it's uncommon.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Ha, see Epi? Told you TH was one of the people who won the sock guess.

How did the other baddies not manage that? Did you not tell one another who you were to start with 7 right answers?
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

boo wrote:Ha, see Epi? Told you TH was one of the people who won the sock guess.

How did the other baddies not manage that? Did you not tell one another who you were to start with 7 right answers?
It's the one thing I didn't mention to him, just in case he was conning me.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

XthAtGAm3RGuYX wrote:
Ricochet wrote: Or maybe a lesson to learn. But I don't feel it was a quality over quantity lesson. I damn well had the quality. Even TGG found it in his heart to give me a clap for it.
Oh wait you were Golden 2? I couldve sworn that was somebody that I personally knew. Seemed like people around here arent as painfully into video games as my common circle of mafia players. So when somebody caught all the MGS2 quotes, one of the most controversial and somewhat least liked game in the series, I was positive you were somebody I was familiar with.

Mildly disappointed nobody caught the breadcrumbs I left to my real identity behind the sock. I knew I had to do something like that once you flipped as me.

Still though, kudos for the videos. One of these days I will learn video editing.
Well the quotes were the easiest bit to trace. As soon as you posted the train stations list, in sync with finally understand what a seemer does, I googled and then holy fuck TGG is after me. I did the research afterwards and played with the info.

Nobody catching on to that was good for me. For a while, at least. :nicenod: Actually I expected you to come way harder at me, to the point of being angry and trying to break rules in order to signal that I am full of shit. Dunno why this feeling, but lol.

The video edits means to mix things into Windows Maker, it's really nothing. What I'm more experienced with is audio editing, since I'm a musician (although even here I'm no tech / audiophile guy, I just like to press the keys and make sum musik :goofp:), which is why for the Codec video I tracked down the actual piece (which wasn't easy) that was playing during the Colonel's ramblings and edited it into my video, so that it wouldn't seem fake, cut and such, despite being otherwise obvious that I added new written content and montaged several sequences (the jap girl moves repeat often because I didn't have enough blank material). Well at least I hope it sounded like it was still pieced together, but oh well...
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

RadicalFuzz wrote:
Rico if there's one thing I'm going to parade around until everyone's sick of it, this is it. Where had "That Goofy Clown" been referenced on Syndicate before?
No idea. I knew it'd end my fake career, but I just couldn't look it up anymore. :shrug:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

XthAtGAm3RGuYX wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
XthAtGAm3RGuYX wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
oh yeah i forgot about that one.

Ricochet shouldve used my Mia Fey sprites. I use those in defense of myself or others. Von Karma is my attack set
I never made use of them, I think, when I could post normally. Sorry. Researching this to the point of playing a second freaking sock accurately would have probably damaged my brain. Luckily I could sort of "transpose" them into pictures and such, because I was more often challenged than not, during my Seemergate days. I blended several characters with the pictures, not just Mia Fey and Von Karma.

One other thing I tried to do was pretend, as TGG, that I'd be actually interested in roleplaying Golden without breaking character. I knew it was very forced, given that you yourself would probably don't give two s's about it, but the others seems to have baited it, so it also helped me from really having to act as TGG that much.

When I was killed, I quickly scrambled for some reaction gif and a bit more rough language, but after I was brought back, I tried to supress "TGG" and act casual.
Ricochet

Re: Night 6 -The Syndicate Mafia

Post by Ricochet »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Golden 2 wrote:
Bass 2 wrote:
Golden 2 wrote:
Bass 2 wrote:Your case is that a Mafia Seemer walked the line of getting mod killed JUST to set you up for a lynch?
After Days of playing it safe and subtle? Sure, why not switch gears. Besides, it's also very easy to dupe you all by being so brazen and thus look like the real deal. But his fail is forgetting this isn't home turf, this is another forum. Check back my Mordechai game in Biblical (although that sock is now probably changed into one of the socks here, lol), if it pleases you, and see if you can trace any sign of me going overboard this much during it. I can play hard ball, but I'm still aware on which site I am and am aware of minimum etiquette.
"His" fail is forgetting this isn't home turf. How do you know who "he" is, if boo 2 was a seemer? If I recall correctly there are many female players on this site, so how do you know it's a "he" to begin with?
"boo" is male sock. "His".
I also should have realized from this post that Golden 2 was Ricochet. :P
But that wasn't a gender slip! :pout:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

boo wrote:Ha, see Epi? Told you TH was one of the people who won the sock guess.

Lol no, we initially weren't allowed to reveal ourselves, then even after being allowed, me and JJJ at least were adamant to keep the fun going and not reveal ourselves (and that was way past the trivia point, anyway). This lasted until Roxy came in the thread and, despite all my protests, talked to us addressing us by our real names. :haha:

Nice runner up spot, TH, but who was the top beast with 14 guesses? :clap: :beer:

I only guessed 5, lol.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I think it was SVS/ Cookie 2. Epi told me in Chatterbox chat that she said she won a rezz, which wasn't on the prize list when I got to pick. It's probably the same rezz she used on you :P
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

How nice of her. :grin:
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

It was SVS. She even managed to guess that juliets had just replaced in off one or two posts.
Gro-oo-ovy
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 15

Post by S~V~S »

I thought I was rezzing the people announced in the posts. Silly me lol.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

I'm confused. I don't know what that means you thought you were rezzing the people in the posts. You rezzed the two people you asked to rezz, golden 2 and gamer guy 2.
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Sock 1 guesses
fingersplints wrote:
# correct
reywas 2/turnip head - 10 (11)
Llama 2/Scotty - 4 (5)
SVS 2/JJJ - 4 (5)
Golden 2/Rico - 5 (6)
Rico 2/Golden - 4 (5)
Turnip Head 2/Synonym - 2 (3)
Cobalt 2/Epignosis - 7 (8)
Dom 2/MM - 5 (6)
lipsticklacey 2/boo - 5 (6)
Cookie 2/ SVS - in progress 13 (14)

Reywas 2 wrote:Bass - Blooper 2
Black Rock - Scotty 2
Blooper - Black Rock 2
boo - lipsticklacey 2
Cobalt - Timmer 2
Cookie - Turnip Head 2
Dom - Metalmarsh 2
Dr Wilgy - boo 2
Elohcin - JJJ 2
Epignosis - Cobalt 2
Golden - Ricochet 2
JJJ - Dom 2
lipsticklacey - Sig 2
Long Con - Llama 2
Metalmarsh - Elohcin 2
reywaS - Long Con 2
Ricochet - Golden 2
Scotty - Gamer Guy 2
Sig - Epignosis 2
SVS - Cookie 2
Synonym - Dr Wilgy 2
Gamer Guy - Synonym 2
thellama73 - SVS 2
Timmer - Bass 2
Turnip Head - reywas 2
Llama 2 wrote:Bass 2 - blooper
Black Rock 2 - Elohcin
Blooper 2 - timmer
boo 2 - long con
Cobalt 2 - boo
Cookie 2 - JJJ
Dom 2 - llama
Dr Wilgy 2 - sig
Elohcin 2 - SVS
Epignosis 2 - synonym
Golden 2 - Rico
JaggedJimmyJay 2 - MM
Lipsticklacey 2 -Wilgy
Llama 2 - yo
Long Con 2 - reywaS
Metalmarsh 2 -bass
Reywas 2 - TH
Ricochet 2 - epi
Scotty 2 - cookie
Sig 2 - golden
SVS 2 - gamer guy
Synonym 2 - cobalt
Gamer Guy 2 - black rock
Timmer 2 - dom
Turnip Head 2 - lipstick Lacey

I'm most confident about cobalt being synonym 2.
SVS 2 wrote:Golden 2 - Scotty
Synonym 2 - Cobalt
Lipsticklacey - Gamer Guy
Cookie 2 - Golden
Dom 2 - Metalmarsh89
Llama 2 - ricochet
Gamer Guy 2 - Long Con
Ricochet 2 - timmer
JaggedJimmyJay 2 - Elohcin
Metalmarsh 2 - Epignosis
Cobalt 2 - thellama73
Reywas 2 - Bass
Sig 2 - Lipsticklacey
boo 2 - Turnip Head
Turnip Head 2 - Cookie
Black Rock 2 - DrWilgy
Blooper 2 - Dom
Epignosis 2 - Synonym
Timmer 2 - boo
Long Con 2 - Black Rock
Scotty 2 - S~V~S
Bass 2 - sig
DrWilgy 2 - reywaS
Elohcin 2 - Blooper

SVS 2 - JJJ duh
Golden 2 wrote:Here goes nothing :shrug2:
[dead][/dead] [np][/np] [dead][/dead] [dead][/dead] [dead][/dead] [dead][/dead]
"Bass"(Jesus Christ, truly the golden ticket in posting only once every equinox to look authentic; I'll literally post the last person I didn't distribute elsewhere:) boo
"Black Rock"Lacey
"Blooper"reywaS
"boo"Sig
"Cobalt"Long Con
"Cookie"Golden
"Dom"TH
"DrWilgy"Bass
"Elohcin"Blooper
"Epignosis"Timmer
"Gamer Guy"SVS
"Golden"hey that's me!
"JaggedJimmyJay"Scotty
"LipsticklaceySynonym
"Llama"MetalMarsh
"Long Con"Elohcin
"Metalmarsh"Epignosis
"reywaS"Dom
"Ricochet"JJJ
"Scotty"Black Rock
"Sig"Wilgy
"SVS"Llama
"Synonym"Cobalt
"Timmer"Cookie
"Turnip Head"Gamer Guy
Ricochet 2 wrote:Bass 2 - dr wilgy
Black Rock 2 - lipsticklacey
Blooper 2 - Black Rock
boo 2 - metalmarsh
Cobalt 2 - long con
Cookie 2 - JaggedJimmyJay
Dom 2 - llama
Dr Wilgy 2 - bass
Elohcin 2 - ninjablooper
Epignosis 2 - bass
Golden 2 - Epignosis
JaggedJimmyJay 2 - cookie
Lipsticklacey 2 - reywas
Llama 2 - Metalmarsh
Long Con 2 - Scotty
Metalmarsh 2 - turnip head
Reywas 2 - bass
Ricochet 2 - golden
Scotty 2 - timmer
Sig 2 - SVS
SVS 2 - Elohcin
Synonym 2 - Cobalt
Gamer Guy 2 - Cobalt
Timmer 2 - llama
Turnip Head 2 - Dom
Turnip Head 2 wrote:Hey, not sure if I've missed the deadline on this but I'm 99.99999999% certain that Synonym 2 is Cobalt.

Also, seeing my name that many times is giving me a headache.
+ 1? self + 1 DrWilgy/Gamer Guy 2
Cobalt 2 wrote:Bass 2 - Black Rock
Black Rock 2 - timmer
Blooper 2 - Dr Wilgy
boo 2 - lipsticklacey
Cobalt 2 - Epignosis
Cookie 2 - S~V~S
Dom 2 - JaggedJimmyJay
Dr Wilgy 2 - Bass
Elohcin 2 - Long Con
Epignosis 2 - Cookie
Golden 2 - Ricochet
JaggedJimmyJay 2 - Dom
Lipsticklacey 2 - boo
Llama 2 - Metalmarsh
Long Con 2 - Elohcin
Metalmarsh 2 - thellama73
Reywas 2 - sig
Ricochet 2 - Golden
Scotty 2 - Turnip Head
Sig 2 - reywaS
SVS 2 - Scotty
Synonym 2 - XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Gamer Guy 2 - Synonym
Timmer 2 - nijuukyugou
Turnip Head 2 - Cobalt
Cobalt 2 wrote: I'd like to alter my guess if I may to reflect:

SVS 2 - nijuukyugou
Timmer 2 - Scotty
Dom 2 wrote:Bass 2 = lipsicklacey!
Black Rock 2 = Cookie!
Blooper 2 = Bass__the_Clever!
boo 2 = Ricochet!
Cobalt 2 = Scotty!
Cookie 2 = Long Con!
Dom 2 = Metalmarsh89!
Dr Wilgy 2 = Sig!
Elohcin 2 = Epignosis!
Epignosis 2 = Dom!
Golden 2 = JaggedJimmyJay!
JaggedJimmyJay 2 = boo!
Lipsticklacey 2 = Elohcin!
Llama 2 = Turnip Head!
Long Con 2 = Black Rock!
Metalmarsh 2 = ReywaS!
Reywas 2= timmer!
Ricochet 2 = Golden!
Scotty 2 = Synonym!
Sig 2 = Gamer Guy!
SVS 2 = nijuukyugou!
Synonym 2 = Cobalt!
Gamer Guy 2 = DrWilgy!
Timmer 2 = thellama73!
Turnip Head 2 = SVS!
Lipsticklacey 2 wrote:
Lipsticklacey 2 wrote:
Lipsticklacey 2 wrote:Bass 2 - Gamer Guy
Black Rock 2 - Elohcin
Blooper 2 - Cookie
boo 2 - JaggedJimmyJay
Cobalt 2 - Timmer
Cookie 2 - SVS
Dom 2 - Turnip Head
Dr Wilgy 2 - lipsticklacey
Elohcin 2 - Blooper
Epignosis 2 - reywaS
Golden 2 - Dom
JaggedJimmyJay 2 - Epignosis
Lipsticklacey 2 - boo
Llama 2 - Golden
Long Con 2 - Scotty
Metalmarsh 2 - llama
Reywas 2 - SIg
Ricochet 2 - Synonym
Scotty 2 - Long Con
Sig 2 - Metalmarsh
SVS 2 - Black Rock
Synonym 2 - Cobalt
Gamer Guy 2 - DrWilgy
Timmer 2 - Ricochet
Turnip Head 2 - Bass
The second Dr Wilgy I plugged in last because I was looking for who I missed, but I was using ctrl+f and had a space in there and missed that obviously that couldn't be right. I've switched that Long Con, since that was who I was missing. But I suppose that won't matter since that doesn't seem right anyways.

Cookie 2 wrote:
OK, I think I will go with Timmer is Llama. More than half are guesses, but the ones that aren't i feel pretty solid about. Hopefully the baddies only get one entry per team :D

Fingers crossed.

Bass 2 Elohcin
Black Rock 2 Juliets
Blooper 2 Bass
boo 2 TGG
Cobalt 2 Blooper
Cookie 2 SVS
Dom 2 Metalmarsh
Dr Wilgy 2 LC
Elohcin 2 Rey
Epignosis 2 Sig
Golden 2 Ricochet
JaggedJimmyJay 2
Lipsticklacey 2 Boo
Llama 2 Epig
Long Con 2 Syn
Metalmarsh 2 Dom
Reywas 2 Turnip Head
Ricochet 2 JJJ
Scotty 2 Black Rock
Sig 2 Lacey
SVS 2 Scotty (??? This has been driving me nuts, lol)
Synonym 2 Cobalt
Gamer Guy 2 - Lynched Day 2- civvie protector - DrWilgy
Timmer 2 Llama
Turnip Head 2 OMG who's left??? Golden

I know i missed someone but I am rushing put that person in JJJ 2's spot.
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

sock 2 guesses
fingersplints wrote:
Cobalt 2 wrote:
fingersplints wrote:TRIVIA TIME: SOCK 2 EDITION

Think you have figured out all the socks identities? If you have, try your hand at tonights trivia. Fill in the blanks with the correct players. The person with the most correct will win a prize. Only one prize will be awarded. All guesses must be made in one PM, and you only have one guess. So submit your guess by the end of night!

boo 2 - Lynched Day 6 - civvie tracker - XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Cobalt 2 - Epignosis
Cookie 2 - S~V~S
Dom 2 - MetalMarsh89

Dr Wilgy 2 - Modkilled Night 3 - ??? - Synonym
Golden 2 - Killed Night 2 - civvie tracker - Ricochet - rezzed Day 3 - Lynched Day 8
Lipsticklacey 2 - boo
Turnip Head 2 (Replaced Sig Night 3) - modkilled Day 6 - ??? - DisgruntledPorcupine
7 correct
Lipsticklacey 2 wrote:boo 2 was gamer guy
Cobalt 2 is Epi
Cookie 2 is SVS
Dom 2 is metal marsh
Dr Wiley 2 was lipsticklacey
Epi 2 is synonym
Golden 2 was Rico
Lacey 2 is boo
TH 2 started as sig, and was replaced by someone from another site. Rundontwalk I will choose
7 correct
Dom 2 wrote:boo 2 - Lynched Day 6 - civvie tracker - XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Cobalt 2 - Epignosis
Cookie 2 - SVS
Dom 2 - Metalmarsh89

Dr Wilgy 2 - Modkilled Night 3 - ??? - lipsticklacey
Epignosis 2 - Synonym
Golden 2 - Killed Night 2 - civvie tracker - boo - rezzed Day 3 - Lynched Day 8
Lipsticklacey 2 - Ricocet
Turnip Head 2 (Replaced Sig Night 3) - modkilled Day 6 - ??? -
5 correct
Gro-oo-ovy
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

fingersplints wrote:I'm confused. I don't know what that means you thought you were rezzing the people in the posts. You rezzed the two people you asked to rezz, golden 2 and gamer guy 2.
I thought I was rezzing TGG who was the tracker, but this says it was Rico the baddie seemer? LOL I am so confused ha ha
Golden 2 - Killed Night 2 - civvie tracker baddie seemer - XthAtGAm3RGuYX Ricochet - rezzed
Plus if TGG was Golden 2, how was he also boo 2?
boo 2 - Lynched Day 6 - civvie tracker - XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Was Golden 2 ever TGG?

This game was awesome and amazingly complex.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I guess I didn't realize the Seemer also referred to the player behind the sock, I can see it now. That was one of the thing that got me so confused.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

So everybody knew I was "Golden"? :sigh:

Return to “Previous Jobs”