Re: Mafia: A World Reborn Game Thread - Day 16

Post by Turnip Head »

y u no protect me marmot
Typhoony
I'm an Economist
Posts in topic: 89

Post by Typhoony »

Turnip Head wrote:And whose idea was it to poison me on Night 1? :suspish: That wasn't very nice. I walked around for an entire fucking month with that ailment.
We wanted to poison a player that was likely to make it far into the game and would be hard to lynch under normal circumstances. So, you. :P
ImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 185

Post by Draconus »

Dom wrote:
Draconus wrote:My heart. It is broken :(
GG to everyone, though. Especially Golden. I held it as a possibility in the back of my mind but didn't want to believe it. Realistically, civs lost that game a long time ago. But I'm proud to have made it that far as one of the good guys. It's never happened for me before, not even close.

Thank you to Long Con for putting together another awesome game full of well written posts and incredible characters! I had a great time :)
If you lynched me, you guys could have won! It was so unbelievably close.
I actually really wanted to catch FS online at some point to talk to her about switching to you. I stopped checking in after awhile and started gaming with my friends :p

It wasn't because of suspecting Golden, though. Although I kept the possibility in the back of my mind, he totally had me fulled. I definitely had trust issues this game, and it turned out both teams were after my vote. :meany: to Tranq and SVS. But I wanted to switch my vote because I thought it would be fun to see SVS get her revenge.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 319
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

S~V~S wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Black Rock wrote:To my dear Witherdeath friends, I was really rooting for you guys. Such bad luck for you guys.
You never hung out in our chatroom :pout: Good to know you were rooting for the Typh and Tranq team and not the Turnip team. Now we know where your allegiances lie :noble:
Maybe she was hanging out with me & Juliets. We were on that team too :pout:
Yes, but you aren't one of BR's mafia foes like Typh, Tranq and myself are. :P I bet that was a fun chatroom to hang out in though.
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Golden wrote:Also, @Draco - the reason I didn't entirely trust you is that you never targetted me for a quantum key. How did that work?
I could only leave keys behind on the squares I had just left. If we had met in another square for btsc I had the option of just handing you a key. No target actions involved.

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Thanks for the great game LC and BR. It exceeded all my expectations. Well hosted as always.

And this was one of my favorite teams for sure. Getting BTSC with Sorsha again after I betrayed her in the first World Apart, and then watching her swindle Golden for days, it was beautiful. :cloud9:
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

fingersplints wrote:Damn you baddies :p I think if Draco and I had found each other in map btsc we would have stood more of a chance. I think there was just too much discovered too late. We did the best we could though. We were up against too many good baddies.

Thanks for the game LC and BR. I had a lot of fun with my role, and loading up on a bunch of useless crap at the end there :p I didn't care about the explosion or anything SVS. What I was excited about was that people saw my presidential campaign poster. Some of those took me a while. (I had an unused wanted poster for Timmer as well) So I wanted everyone to comment on my images. I was so happy for that role poll so everyone could just talk about me :D
Agreed completely.

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 260
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head wrote:y u no protect me marmot
u nemesisman. Have we ever been on the same team?

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Yeah that time I subbed into Film Directors and we won. Also that time I subbed into Hobbit and we lost.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 293

Post by S~V~S »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
MacDougall wrote:That they could have. That they could have.

No, the way I see it is you circle lot played way good and deserve the win more than most I've seen get it. Except Golden. He's a stinky traitorous swine.
I was kind of upset that you didn't get to try your buddy up to Timmer idea. Once you posted it in the chat I copy and pasted it in our Circle chat.... we had a good laugh :beer:
I was upset when Metalmarsh killed me for no reason. I was especially upset when I found out at end game that Golden was recruited and won the game after playing most of it as a civilian lie detector and mistakenly revealing everything he knew to scum players from both teams.

Forgive me for having the hurt butts.
In retrospect, killing you was a mistake. I hope you'll forgive me for that.

I didn't think it would be so dang hard to lynch the Circle.

Golden was my second choice of players to protect. But I'm glad I picked SVS. It was fun being teamed up with her and Tranq (again!) even if we were doomed.
It was NOT a mistake to kill Mac~ he was still dangerous to us even if he was not an SK. And we were not doomed by the Circle, we were actually Doomed by Lorab. She killed Typh, and blocked our Splints kill. She tanked us more than any other single player.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

Who set off that damn Black Crystal?
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Typhoony wrote:Who set off that damn Black Crystal?
timmer of course :haha:
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

nub Timmer
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Yeah that time I subbed into Film Directors and we won. Also that time I subbed into Hobbit and we lost.
Oh, and Dune! Where we brutally lost.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Oh, and Dune! Where we brutally lost.
I have repressed all memories of Dune :noble:
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 104

Post by sig »

I was so close to not going on the same square as Epi and instead going in the opposite direction.

I had the feeling one of us would die, I was hoping timmer would've killed Epi and then I could have gotten Timmer lynched and brought Dom to life. Though I didn't quite trust Epi, until we were both dead.

This was a really fun game, thanks for hosting. My role was awesome.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 104

Post by sig »

Oh and LC will you be making a third edition of World Reborn?
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

sig wrote:I was so close to not going on the same square as Epi and instead going in the opposite direction.

I had the feeling one of us would die, I was hoping timmer would've killed Epi and then I could have gotten Timmer lynched and brought Dom to life. Though I didn't quite trust Epi, until we were both dead.

It was dumb luck that timmer ended up there with you guys. But we knew we had to execute the double kill if we were going to do it at all, for exactly the reason you mentioned.

So much had to come together for that to work. I found the Obsidian Dagger on my first movement, it was hidden in a black chest in a square named the Corner of Death :puppy: Then at I5 I purchased a warp potion which allowed me to instantly move to Epi's square and stab him in the face.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Sorsha wrote:

No, the way I see it is you circle lot played way good and deserve the win more than most I've seen get it. Except Golden. He's a stinky traitorous swine.
I was kind of upset that you didn't get to try your buddy up to Timmer idea. Once you posted it in the chat I copy and pasted it in our Circle chat.... we had a good laugh :beer:
I was upset when Metalmarsh killed me for no reason. I was especially upset when I found out at end game that Golden was recruited and won the game after playing most of it as a civilian lie detector and mistakenly revealing everything he knew to scum players from both teams.

Golden was my second choice of players to protect. But I'm glad I picked SVS. It was fun being teamed up with her and Tranq (again!) even if we were doomed.
It was NOT a mistake to kill Mac~ he was still dangerous to us even if he was not an SK. And we were not doomed by the Circle, we were actually Doomed by Lorab. She killed Typh, and blocked our Splints kill. She tanked us more than any other single player.
I don't know. Considering that survival was his win condition, and we had the leverage against him if it came down to it of both a team kill AND a Golem kill, I think he could have been a boon.

And the bonus would have been important, having another person on our bloc, and an unlynchable one at that.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head wrote:
sig wrote:I was so close to not going on the same square as Epi and instead going in the opposite direction.

It was dumb luck that timmer ended up there with you guys. But we knew we had to execute the double kill if we were going to do it at all, for exactly the reason you mentioned.

So much had to come together for that to work. I found the Obsidian Dagger on my first movement, it was hidden in a black chest in a square named the Corner of Death :puppy: Then at I5 I purchased a warp potion which allowed me to instantly move to Epi's square and stab him in the face.
The corner of death existed? Excellent!

What about the Turnip Square?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I don't know, but there was a square where you could choose to send Canuck $100 :haha:
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 119
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

That was such an intense game. We had one night where Tranq had to decide whether to use a parchment he found to add two extra votes so he wouldnt get lynched or go with the tie, depend on a coin toss and use the parchment the next day. We were crazed that night (Typh wasnt there) trying to decide what to do. Turned out we used the parchment but it was a cursecrafter item and did nothing so it ended up a toin coss and Tranq died anyway. All that angst over something that didnt matter. That was one of the times I loved our bts the most. I can't say enough about my team, SVS, Tranq, Typhoony, Luke, as you can expect it was a lot of fun and i couldnt ask for a better team as i knew all of them so well except Luke. Almost everyone stayed totally involved even after they died.

LC and BR your games are always excellent and this was no exception. It seems like I call each one the best I've ever played but maybe that just shows you do better and better each time. I had loads of fun.

Congrats to the Circle. You were a formidable group and who was on your team surprised the hell out of me. Like others, Golden and Hamb boy surprised me the most. We had an argument in our bts about sorsha - 3 of us thought she was bad and one thought she was good. You really did a bang up job. Excellent.

And finally, for those who said i just sounded "off" I hope you realize I sounded the same as i would sound as a civ. I knew when I started hearing that that you had info on me and I was done. Its ok though i still had my team.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

omg timmer will be so happy to hear that one of his items fooled somebody.

juliets, I suspected you before we got info on you. Like I said, for me it was more what you weren't saying than what you were.

I did not enjoy trying to get you lynched though :hug:
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

sig wrote:Oh and LC will you be making a third edition of World Reborn?
Mafia: A World Asunder is already under construction.
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 82

Post by timmer »

:grin: Glad you guys liked the Parchment, too.
My siggie.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

timmer wrote:
:grin: Glad you guys liked the Parchment, too.
They tried to use the Parchment. If you had been alive, you would have controlled Tranq's vote and avoided the coin toss... but when the Cursecrafter died, the items he made became defunct.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Typhoony wrote:Aw we got so close in the end. Our team had quite a lot of bad luck, and then Nub Tranq loses a cointoss and gets himself lynched :(

Congrats Circle!
If the coin toss stings, know that it should have actually been worse. By using my Parchment, Tranq's vote was supposed to become controlled by us, so we would have shifted it back onto him, anyway. I'm guessing LC/BR forgot about that part of that item's curse, but it worked out the right way in the end! :pout:
My siggie.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

timmer wrote:
Typhoony wrote:Aw we got so close in the end. Our team had quite a lot of bad luck, and then Nub Tranq loses a cointoss and gets himself lynched :(

Congrats Circle!
If the coin toss stings, know that it should have actually been worse. By using my Parchment, Tranq's vote was supposed to become controlled by us, so we would have shifted it back onto him, anyway. I'm guessing LC/BR forgot about that part of that item's curse, but it worked out the right way in the end! :pout:
No u linki
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Long Con wrote:
No u linki
Ahh... that makes perfect sense. I assumed the perk would fall to the team, but yeah it was linked to me, after all. :suspish:
My siggie.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

S~V~S wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Sorsha wrote:

To be fair, i only passively killed Typh. He was trying to kill me. And I only knew about it because I was in the hall of mirrors and used the master thief power to learn his role. So really, it was hi own fault for trying to kill me. :noble:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

It was actually a thing I hadn't thought about before, what happens with cursed items with no Cursecrafter to direct them and receive info from them.

Options I had in mind for the Parchment:
- it just works with no curse, giving +3 votes
- the curse works, and the Circle gets to decide who he votes for
- randomize his vote
- nothing happens

I decided the 'nothing happens' option was the best route to take.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

LoRab's new invention, the Ionic Photon Repeller, reflected night targeting back at the targeter. If Timmer hadn't broken the Black Crystal, then Typh would have killed DrWilgy that night and he would have lived.

So, although LoRab's invention killed Typh, it was the Circle of Decay that restarted the night and created that situation. :feb:
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 90

Post by DrWilgy »

Typh... You tried to kill me when I asked for it. You are a wonderful person!!
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Long Con
So Divine

Mafia: A World Reborn - Map Reveal, Columns E-F

Post by Long Con »

E1 - The Vanisher Cloak is here, which allows someone to share a square without being seen
E2 - empty square

Location E3: Swamp of Everlasting Night
The sunlight never breaks through the dense canopy here. Gloomy and dark, there is a sense that evil lurks here, always.
Evil killers have their kill range increased by one while on this square.
Secret: If you stay on this square for three consecutive nights, you become the Avatar of Maligna. You may now use your night power twice while on this square. Three random players will be activated at this point on a Quest Win Condition. They gain anonymous BTSC, and if all three players are on the same square, they can kill you and fulfil a Win Condition. They will know the location of the Swamp of Everlasting Night.

E4 - The Mirror of Truth is here, which cures the Beautiful Beast as a Quest Win Condition
E5 - empty

Location E6: Realm Catalogue
At this location, a gnomish clerk bustles about, sorting index cards through countless drawers and boxes. He pushes his spectacles up his gnarled nose when he notices you. “What is it you want to know?”
Pick an Item from the list and find out what it does. Pick an Item from the list and find out what direction it’s in.

E7 - empty square
E8 - The Star Gem is here, which is the key to recruiting the Living Statue

Location E9: Ruins
At this location, crumbling ruins sit atop a small hill. A search of the ruins yields only one thing: an ancient tome entitled “The Avatar of Maligna”. The pages are mostly disintegrated with age, but you can see several references to a northerly location, and talk of heroes rising to fight.

Location E10: Healing Spring
At this location, the vegetation grows thick, full, and healthy around a bubbling brook, and the area is teeming with happy wildlife.
You may drink from the healing waters once in the game to rid yourself of poison, curses, and banes.

Location F1: Docks
Several small boats are moored here. You may take one if you wish.
Here, you may take a boat out on the water with a movement rate of 2.

F2 - empty
F3 - empty
F4 - empty
F5 - empty
F6 - empty
F7 - Flash Grenade is here. Throw this at someone to roleblock them.
F8 - empty
F9 - empty
F10 - empty
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 342

Post by Matt »

Long Con wrote:
:faint:

No doubt it will take a while to craft, but this won't be like a 5 year wait, right?
Image Image Image Image
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 136

Post by Bullzeye »

Matt wrote:
Long Con wrote:
:faint:

No doubt it will take a while to craft, but this won't be like a 5 year wait, right?
It will be 5 years, but get so complicated that LC has to remove half of his characters and plotlines and we won't see them again for a further 6 years in A Dance of Worlds. After that he'll promise another but never ever deliver.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Totes.

Hey Bullz, next World game we should be square buddies.
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

So Typh was bad then?

I remember at one point I ran into a square with Typh, and very nearly revealed myself because I was all alone :(

Kinda glad I decided not to. Haha!
Image Image Image Image
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

Matt wrote:So Typh was bad then?

I remember at one point I ran into a square with Typh, and very nearly revealed myself because I was all alone :(

Kinda glad I decided not to. Haha!
I'm assuming this was Day 6, I was at B4.

Good decision to not reveal yourself. You would have very likely died ;)
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 337

Post by Dom »

LoRab wrote:Oh and whoever speculated that I'd invent a protection device was correct. An ionic photon blaster I think I called it. LC actually mentioned it in a thread. Anything I was targeted with would bounce back to the person who targeted me. Which is how typh died when he tried to kill me.

I also believe it's how Dom came to look targeted. He thought I had used the protection bubble, which would have protected both of us. But I think left the opening for me to be killed within square. But, turns out, I had miscounted how many days since I had used it so I had to switch items. Which I did late enough that Dom didn't see it in chat.
I thought Bass had screwed the target up. :p
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Mafia: A World Reborn - Map reveal columns G-H

Post by Long Con »

Location G1 - Maze
This square was, sadly, never visited.
Items to be found in the Maze:
Otherdimensional Chest - Quest Win Condition: Treasure Hunter - gather 5 Items to achieve a Win Condition
Bronze Boots - Cursed Item: Reduces movement rate to 2
Jewelled Bracelet - Start every lynch with -2 votes
Mask of the Seemer - Appear as any role to checkers, appear as any player in BTSC, any role/alignment when lynched

Location G2: Docks

G3 - empty

Location G4: Seat of the Tribunal
At this location is a shrine where three hooded statues stand. A plaque sits attached to a marble pedestal, with the words Tribunal of Judgment upon it. You may ask the Tribunal to remove someone from the lynch poll. The Tribunal will draw upon the judgment of the closest living beings to determine if your request is granted.
If you wish to take someone off today’s poll, PM the Hosts with that name and the three closest players will be given a vote to approve or deny your request.

G5 - The Mantle of Quicksilver is here, which increases a player's movement rate by 1
G6 - empty

Location G7: Fortuneteller’s Den
A coloured tent sits in this square. You find yourself drawn to it, and within, a wizened old crone smiles and gestures to a seat at the Fortuneteller’s Table…
While on this square, you may only communicate in-thread and in BTSC with standard Magic 8-Ball responses. You may find out much about the square of your choice here.

Location G8: The Nomad
In the desert, you meet a gnarled old man with a ridiculously oversized pack on his back. He greets you amicably, offering you a magical potion, if you will do something for him in return.
If you vote for the player that The Nomad asks, you will receive a Warp Potion.

Location G9: Summoning Circle
At this location, a circle has been inscribed into the ground, with arcane symbols surrounding it. Speak a name, and that person shall appear before you.
Here you may name a living player and bring them from their current location to this location.

Location G10: Khastor Keep
The lair of the Lich, this is a place of evil. You can feel the Lich’s eye upon you here.
The Lich of Khastor Keep knows you are on this square.

Location H1: Docks

H2 - empty
H3 - empty
H4 - empty

Location H5: City
The City is a filthy, crime-ridden place. Keep your eyes on your pockets, and think twice about falling asleep!
In the City, you must post at least once every four hours. Every time four hours of silence follows one of your posts, thieves get a chance to steal from you or injure you.

H6 - empty
H7 - empty
H8 - empty
H9 - empty
H10 - empty
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Mafia: A World Reborn - Map reveal columns G-H

Post by G-Man »

Long Con wrote:Location G7: Fortuneteller’s Den
A coloured tent sits in this square. You find yourself drawn to it, and within, a wizened old crone smiles and gestures to a seat at the Fortuneteller’s Table…
While on this square, you may only communicate in-thread and in BTSC with standard Magic 8-Ball responses. You may find out much about the square of your choice here.
You used my suggestion! :cloud9:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Long Con
So Divine

Re: Mafia: A World Reborn - Map reveal columns G-H

Post by Long Con »

G-Man wrote:
Long Con wrote:Location G7: Fortuneteller’s Den
You used my suggestion! :cloud9:
Yes! But no one ever went to that square for some reason. :(

Also, I realized I put Square G1 as "empty", when it really had the Maze. I have updated the post above.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I woulda checked out that island if I had had any time to explore. I knew there'd be something juicy in the hard to reach areas.

I spent my first few days wandering around a bit aimlessly. Went to J10 first because I thought there would be something neat in the corner, and found the dagger. Through Sorsha, I knew that I5 had the marketplace so I wanted to check that out. After that, all my moves were dictated by the team's mission. I teleported to Epi to stab him and take the Star Gem. Then I had a decision to make: head to the Healing Springs for the poison cure (thanks to Golden for the tip ;) ) or run to the Statue square to recruit Dom (thanks Epi for letting me know where he was :D ). I decided it was more important to recruit Dom since I still had the lynch pardon. I wonder how things might have played out if I had cured myself first and then recruited Dom. I probably still would have used the pardon to save timmer, but at least I wouldn't have been implicated myself in the process.
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

I'm pretty sure I5s marketplace had a cure for poison. Why not take it from there?

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Draconus wrote:I'm pretty sure I5s marketplace had a cure for poison. Why not take it from there?
It didn't have one while I was there. The marketplace was continually refreshed with new items.

The item I chose was the warp potion, which ended up being essential to kill Epi since I could track him down and warp to his location.
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Ah I see. Makes sense.

Long Con
So Divine

Mafia: A World Reborn - Map reveal columns I-J

Post by Long Con »

I1 - empty

Location I2: Signal Fire
At this location is a beautiful brick patio, complete with a cooler full of drinks and lounge chairs in the shade. There are three bags here, labelled ‘Mystical Message Enchanted Wood’.
Here you can write a message to the thread. Works three times in the game. Baddies three spaces away may target you on this square.

Location I3: Portal to D10
At this location, shimmering round disc of light hangs in the air, perpendicular to the ground. As you gaze into it, you can almost see an image of another place.
You may enter the portal to relocate yourself to another square on the map.

I4- empty

Location I5: Coastal City
Folks closer to the coast are more laid-back than their inner-city counterparts. Spend some of your pocket change at their market!
You may get one thing from the market: a potion of teleportation, a crystal pendant that shines with inner light, or a telescope to view distant squares at night.

I6 - The Scintillating Beacon is here. With it, you can set a beam of light into the sky that will be seen from all squares. Can be set on a time-delay.

Location I7: Portal to B3
At this location, shimmering round disc of light hangs in the air, perpendicular to the ground. As you gaze into it, you can almost see an image of another place.
You may enter the portal to relocate yourself to another square on the map.

Location I8: Ivory Tower
At this location, an ivory tower rises above you. As you ascend the stairs to the top, you find a map of the realm. You can see location B5 marked as Pool of Moonlight, and the text “Lunar Aegis??” scrawled on the side.

Location I9: Magnetic Field
At this location, your skin begins to tingle, and metal you carry starts to display erratic motions. Some sort of shifting magnetic field permeates the area.
Votes for you are worth 1.5 while you occupy this square. Night kills have a 25% chance of being deflected from you.

I10 - empty
J1 - The Scarab of Vitality is here. With it, you can resurrect one player by placing it on their dead body.
J2 - empty
J3 - empty
J4 - empty

Location J5: Shrine of Darkness

The ground is scorched black here, and nothing grows in this area. In the centre is a massive black totem, carved with screaming faces, demons, and twisted animals, and thick metal spikes jut from it, dripping with dark liquid. You will get no sleep tonight in this cursed and unhallowed area.
This is an evil place. As long as you are in this square, your Win Condition is removed.

J6 - empty
J7 - empty
J8 - empty
J9 - empty

Location J10: Corner of Death

At this location, a tall signpost reads “Corner of Death”. At the foot of the signpost, there is a smooth black chest.
The Obsidian Dagger can be taken here. It gives the user one nightkill.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 136

Post by Bullzeye »

If I'd have been to J1 and got the Scarab, could I have used that on myself to get Yang back?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Bullzeye wrote:If I'd have been to J1 and got the Scarab, could I have used that on myself to get Yang back?
Yes. Also, if you had gone to the Spirit Oracle, he would have told you so.

Return to “Previous Jobs”