Host/non
72%

Total votes: 18
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 162

Re: Mafia: A World Reborn Game Thread - Day 16

Post by fingersplints »

S~V~S wrote:Aw Dom. OK, maybe I even believe you a bit.

If it is Draco or Splints they deserve a special Oscar for this game.

OK, well, I tried.
and Golden :puppy: :scared:
Gro-oo-ovy
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 293

Post by S~V~S »

ebwop; I don;t care what they do to ME; they needmedead to win, I totally get that. But they killed my marmot and they did it for convenience, not win cons. You see the difference there?

linki, I have direct reasons to believe Golden is who he says he is and is a civvie.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 162

Post by fingersplints »

One thing that I really don't like about the plan Golden suggested is that we now have basically guaranteed the baddies are going to kill me tonight as he has announced everyone else is either protected or unable to be killed. So hope they don't find me now :/

linki: I was just joking about the Golden thing. I don't have any reason to believe him, so if I am wrong I'd just give up trying to read him. Don't think I am.
I've proved myself to several this game. The civvies know who I am :kadaj:
Gro-oo-ovy
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 491

Post by Golden »

fingersplints wrote:One thing that I really don't like about the plan Golden suggested is that we now have basically guaranteed the baddies are going to kill me tonight as he has announced everyone else is either protected or unable to be killed. So hope they don't find me now :/

linki: I was just joking about the Golden thing. I don't have any reason to believe him, so if I am wrong I'd just give up trying to read him. Don't think I am.
I've proved myself to several this game. The civvies know who I am :kadaj:
Thats why I asked splints, I may be wrong but I figured they would already literally have to be with you, not have a chance to find you. As far as the kill goes, I would have thought they are where they are and have to kill from there.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 408

Post by MacDougall »

Reveal dat role
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Mafia: A World Reborn - Endgame

Post by Long Con »

-= Asunder =-

The Living Statue moved methodically, lifting the Eldritch Corruptor with ease. "Now... place it under the oculusss..." The Lich of Khastor Keep's hollow voice echoed out from the Lich's Phylactery, worn on a leather tie around the Statue's neck. The Living Statue complied, following his master's directions without hesitation.

"When the sun sets on thisss day, the Corruptor shall activate!" The Lich's voice was full of anticipatory triumph. "And our Dark Goddess' plan will come to fruition!"

S~V~S was led, a black sack over her head, to Crickneck Gallows. She struggled against the grip of the two burly guards, tossing her head back and forth, and her frantic motions knocked the sack from her head. Her mouth was gagged, and she glared at the guards with fierce loathing. "Keep the gag on that one!" called the captain. "They say she's reeeal Tricky!" S~V~S rolled her eyes back and moaned in contempt.

With some effort, they managed to get the chain noose around her neck, and pushed her off the edge unceremoniously, exhausted as they were from the long war going on in the realm. She fell, and the chain jerked tight, snapping her neck instantly.

Just then a mocking trill of laughter echoes through the area. The guards looked at each other and looked around, only to see S~V~S, standing on the hilltop across the way, holding a flaming sword above her head. "Trickster!" shouted the captain in disbelief. "How? We - we hanged you!"

"Did you?" giggled the Trickster as the small contingent of guards hustled toward her. "Look again, are you sure?" The captain looked to the hanged woman, only to see that it was not S~V~S, just a poor fishwife dressed in rags. He glared at her in rage. "Pretty good trick, eh?" she taunted.

As the guards approached her, weapons drawn, she slashed at them with the flaming sword, driving them back with cackling ease.

The Quantum Key was already on the move. Her spirit animal, a yellow-eyed cheetah made of blue-green lifeforce energy, had been urging her out for some time, and she knew it was important that she get the hell out of there. Bullzeye had said that the dark ones had planted a trap here for him, and his body, still laying on the ground, seemed to confirm it. She didn't intend to stick around to suffer the same fate.

As she broke through a treeline, though, she saw the Psionic Ninja standing before her in a clearing, his sword drawn. "Ninja!" Draconus called out. "We must flee this place! Danger is close!"

The Ninja's eyes flared red, and he began to advance threateningly. "Closer than you think, Quantum Key!"

She paled, backing off a few steps. "But- but why?! The Psionic Ninja is a friend to the Civilians of the realm!"

"The Psionic Ninja," he said as the sun began to sink below the horizon, "Is not here!"

The Eldritch Corruptor lit up like a bonfire inside its orange crystal heart. The Living Statue backed up a few steps and cast its hardened gaze to the sky, as a beam of light shot toward the heavens, and beyond.

Far above, the gathered pantheon of gods watched in disbelief as Long Con became too invested in the goings-on of the realm. His essence was too far into the mortal realm, and the Eldritch Corruptor had captured a piece of it. Without Him even knowing, Long Con's being was drawn down into the realm completely, tethered by the piece of god-essence trapped in the Eldritch Corruptor.

Dark Willow rose, watching in evil glee as her plan played out. nijuukyugou floated forward, tentacles flicking in interest. "It appears," she said in her otherworldly, bubbling voice, "That Long Con has lost the wager!"

"Drop the sword!" shouted the captain. "Your life is forfeit, do not take any more lives in the name of evil!"

S~V~S grinned a toothy grin. "But I'm not holding a sword!" They looked again, and indeed, she was holding some sort of device on a metal stake, not a sword at all! "Pretty good trick, eh?"

She held the device high above her head, even as they began to again advance upon her. "I've been very interested to see what these things really do!" The captain squinted and looked more closely at the device, and saw the words 'Pulse Emitter' stamped on the side. His eyes widened.

S~V~S laughed one final time as she plunged the fourth and final Pulse Emitter into the ground. Lights on the device flared, and far across the realm, three other identical Pulse Emitters, placed there by the now-deceased Cataclysm, also flared to life.

Immediately, the ground began to shake, a little at first, and then more and more, until everyone on the small hill lost their footing. S~V~S reached out to steady herself on the emitter, chucking, and the ground heaved underneath her, sending her tumbling down the hill. A blinding flash of light, and the ground split open wide beneath them all, a crack that spread across the entire realm, swallowing a huge swath of the land into a gigantic chasm. S~V~S, the guards and captain, and Crickneck Gallows were swallowed by the darkness below.

Draconus was frozen in shock as the Ninja advanced on him with deadly intent, but his Spirit Animal didn't hesitate, leaping at the possessed Ninja and tackling him to the ground with a snarl. For a moment, Golden's eyes lost their red glow, and he looked at Draconus in desperation. "Quantum Key! You have to run! I can't - I can't control-"

His eyes flared red again, and he tossed the spirit cheetah aside, stabbing it through the heart with his wicked blade. He rose again to come after Draconus, but just then the ground began to shake violently. The earthquake sent boulders tumbling down from the nearby hilltop, making the Ninja leap and dodge them to avoid being crushed. He looked again, and the Quantum Key was gone.

"No matter," hissed the Possessing Entity. "We will find her!"

Above the chaos, the sky swirled with deep purple and black clouds, and Dark Willow appeared in the sky, a vast and terrible goddess that spanned the sky.

"
Good work, my children," her voice boomed for all to hear. "The Circle of Decay has pleased me on this day, and have earned the right to call themselves victors!"

The Feral Pixie looked to the sky, her heart sinking.

"
I am very proud of you."

Congratulations to Turnip Head, Sorsha, Timmer 2.0, HamburgerBoy, Dom, and Golden!

The Circle of Decay has won Mafia: A World Reborn!

Thank you all for playing!
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 211

Post by Epignosis »

Boo.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

One of these days I'll get a Mafia role in an LC/BR game and win. I can't win as a civilian in those things.
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 82

Post by timmer »

:omg: :omg: :omg: :mafia:

This was one of the greatest baddie teams I've been a party of, I'm so proud of them :) :bighug:

Thanks for a great game LC and for handing me entry into the 2015 Game of Champions! :noble:
My siggie.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa fucking whoa.

Golden, sorsha and HamburgerBoy!?

Get fucked that'll do me. That's brilliant. Well done guys.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Wow. That's really damn good. Lost for words really.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I can't even begin to figure out how this even begins to make sense. Dom, Golden, Sorsha, HB... teammates. Wow. HamburgerBoy of all people...
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Black Rock »

If the civvies only voted for Dom. They would have had a chance. What a nail biting game. LC thought it would have been over a week ago, but the Circle got confident and made some mistakes. Such a close game. Well done all players.

I was really hoping Matt F would get to play his new role. That would have really fucked up the bad guys. You played an excellent game Matt, it was really fun hosting you.

To my dear Witherdeath friends, I was really rooting for you guys. Such bad luck for you guys.

Congrats to the winners, even if that includes Turnip Head. :meany: That's for picking on me in games. :haha:
ImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 176

Post by Sorsha »

Great game guys. Awesome team!

:yay: :yay:

Can we just play this game again?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Yeah I would play this whole setup again in a heart beat. Best game ever.
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

MacDougall wrote:I can't even begin to figure out how this even begins to make sense. Dom, Golden, Sorsha, HB... teammates. Wow. HamburgerBoy of all people...
Golden was recruited by us when HB died. So at the time of the gathering in G9 golden was still a civ.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Black Rock wrote:If the civvies only voted for Dom. They would have had a chance. What a nail biting game. LC thought it would have been over a week ago, but the Circle got confident and made some mistakes. Such a close game. Well done all players.

I was really hoping Matt F would get to play his new role. That would have really fucked up the bad guys. You played an excellent game Matt, it was really fun hosting you.

To my dear Witherdeath friends, I was really rooting for you guys. Such bad luck for you guys.

Congrats to the winners, even if that includes Turnip Head. :meany: That's for picking on me in games. :haha:
I die for crazy reasons in your games. That why civilians lose. :evileye:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sorsha wrote:
MacDougall wrote:I can't even begin to figure out how this even begins to make sense. Dom, Golden, Sorsha, HB... teammates. Wow. HamburgerBoy of all people...
Golden was recruited by us when HB died. So at the time of the gathering in G9 golden was still a civ.
Well that's just fucked up :haha: ...

I don't believe I stood a chance of surviving. But I'm glad the winners weren't the team that killed me hahaha.
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 82

Post by timmer »

@SVS, to touch on the question of why we killed MM, there were two reasons, really. One, I forgot about his connection to you and stupidly voted you for about five minutes, and got caugh, so we knew MM would kill me that night. Second, we weighed several options in light of my impending death and it just made sense to take him out. Every scenario we thought up pointed to it being the right call (and thanks again to LC for a glorious double death scene! ). And SVS, you and Tranq played some outstanding endgame, we were sweating a lot!
My siggie.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

It was quite the excellent plan to kill you and take the Star Gem, Epi. It took a mix of luck, skill, and determination to get to that exact point, and if it had been a Day earlier or later, then this would have been a very different game.

I will reveal everything about the game over the next couple of days. I want to take each role/player and give an accounting of their journey from Day 0. I will also reveal all the map squares and the Items and Quest Win Conditions. And whatever else is left that needs to be known.
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Epignosis wrote:
Black Rock wrote:If the civvies only voted for Dom. They would have had a chance. What a nail biting game. LC thought it would have been over a week ago, but the Circle got confident and made some mistakes. Such a close game. Well done all players.

We had the option of using the Obsidian Dagger and our usual night kill to either double tap Golden and save me from getting caught by his LD or to take you and sig out and try to recruit Dom.

It was close, we were ready to kill Golden but then I made a crappy LD statement that he fell for so we went with plan B. It was also amazing luck that timmer ended up on the same square as you and sig when you got the Star Gem. TH was able to track you and go for the kill to get the Gem after timmer killed sig. :feb:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden managed to have a baddie from both teams there claiming they were confirmed good, and one of them brought their puppy with them.

:disappoint:

And he gets recruited and gets to win the game.

:disappoint: :disappoint: :disappoint: :disappoint: :disappoint: :disappoint: :disappoint: :disappoint:
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

MacDougall wrote:Golden managed to have a baddie from both teams there claiming they were confirmed good, and one of them brought their puppy with them.

:disappoint: :disappoint: :disappoint: :disappoint: :disappoint: :disappoint: :disappoint: :disappoint:
We were making fun of golden and his LD skills quite a bit before we recruited him :p
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 260
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

For the record. Mac, Sorsha, and Golden (and those in that giant BTSC on I think Day 7). I really did think SVS was a civilian then. She didn't tell me until afterward otherwise.

I don't think anyone believe me that Sorsha was bad until it was too late though.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sorsha wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Golden managed to have a baddie from both teams there claiming they were confirmed good, and one of them brought their puppy with them.

We were making fun of golden and his LD skills quite a bit before we recruited him :p
I can see why you'd recruit him, but man he deserves to lose this game as a civ so bad. :haha:

WTF is with you recruiting so many damn players and Turnip Head coming back to life and shit.

And here's little old MacDougall accidentally dragged into your hive of horror by Golden with nothing but my 1 shot unlynchable... sheeeeeeeeeeesh.

Marsh, SVS why the hell did you kill me!?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MacDougall wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
Well that's just fucked up :haha: ...

I don't believe I stood a chance of surviving. But I'm glad the winners weren't the team that killed me hahaha.
Sorry Mac. :(

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Whyyyy I was like the most benign player. I had nothing lol.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sorsha wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

We had the option of using the Obsidian Dagger and our usual night kill to either double tap Golden and save me from getting caught by his LD or to take you and sig out and try to recruit Dom.

It was close, we were ready to kill Golden but then I made a crappy LD statement that he fell for so we went with plan B. It was also amazing luck that timmer ended up on the same square as you and sig when you got the Star Gem. TH was able to track you and go for the kill to get the Gem after timmer killed sig. :feb:
timmer was such a fail in chat that I knew he was bad. I was hoping sig and I would just pass by without much fuss.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MacDougall wrote:
Sorsha wrote:

I can see why you'd recruit him, but man he deserves to lose this game as a civ so bad. :haha:

WTF is with you recruiting so many damn players and Turnip Head coming back to life and shit.

And here's little old MacDougall accidentally dragged into your hive of horror by Golden with nothing but my 1 shot unlynchable... sheeeeeeeeeeesh.

We weren't sure if we could trust you or not, so we had to eliminate the competition.

You were talking about making deals with a baddie team. We weren't sure how to take it. Also, since Sorsha didn't appear to trust you, I thought she would feel good about the kill. Unfortunately, it seems the Burgerboy kill made her think otherwise.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Have civilians ever won in a recruitment / map game?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Also who the fuck blew up the summoning circle with me on it?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I don't think Sorsha liked my poetry either. :(

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MacDougall wrote:Also who the fuck blew up the summoning circle with me on it?
Apparently that was fingersplints. She set the beacon off the day before we all arrived.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote:

It's true. You have had such bad luck in our games. Something to consider next time I host.

I'm going to take a break from Recruitment next game poll and make something new and crazy. Good thing I have time to think about it. I need to surprise myself. Then you'll have an awesome role.
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 156

Post by a2thezebra »

MacDougall wrote:Image
same tbh
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 156

Post by a2thezebra »

MacDougall wrote:Yeah I would play this whole setup again in a heart beat. Best game ever.
THIS, so I can get past friggin' Day 3. :disappoint:
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Epignosis wrote:Have civilians ever won in a recruitment / map game?
Civs won the LOST map game on Rev Mafia.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I don't think Sorsha liked my poetry either. :(
What poetry?
Metalmarsh89 wrote:For the record. Mac, Sorsha, and Golden (and those in that giant BTSC on I think Day 7). I really did think SVS was a civilian then. She didn't tell me until afterward otherwise.

I don't think anyone believe me that Sorsha was bad until it was too late though.
I thought she was civ in G9 also, I had a few moments of doubt though. I tried stealing from her as we left G9 and she came back as the Essence Elemental and I think I believed it for about a minute. My team didn't really believe me that she was bad either. When did you know I was bad MM?
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Also who the fuck blew up the summoning circle with me on it?
Apparently that was fingersplints. She set the beacon off the day before we all arrived.
SVS told me it was her that set it off, splints just thought she did it with the beacon.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 337

Post by Dom »

timmer wrote::omg: :omg: :omg: :mafia:

This was one of the greatest baddie teams I've been a party of, I'm so proud of them :) :bighug:

Thanks for a great game LC and for handing me entry into the 2015 Game of Champions! :noble:
I LOVED OUR TEAM!!!! AHHHH SO MUCH FUN

Once we saw that PM, we knew we had to get rid of Matt. I don't really know waht he thinks I lied about, but I never lied about our time together. I knew Epig had the Star Gem already and didn't want to tell him that. I told him where it started and he could go look for it if he wanted.
Sorsha wrote:Great game guys. Awesome team!

:yay: :yay:

Can we just play this game again?
<3
MacDougall wrote:
Sorsha wrote:

I was recruited via Star Gem and Golden via the Possessing Entity. Epig was very close to getting to me though.
I think they've won recruitment. Didn't they win Lost too?

I had a blast in this game, but I want to address two players:

1) SVS. I have a feeling you are upset with me, and if you are please PM me. I think we played our hearts out, and it was very close. We, as a team, got too cocky and put all our chips on lynching MM, but TH died instead. That was a huge mistake on our part and really shook up our plans. We, practically, if we wanted to stay together as a team, needed MM dead. I think you understand that.

2) LoRab-- you'll never forgive me, will you? I promised to not kill you and I didn't! :D My vote was controlled the day you were lynched-- I would have much rather liked a Tranq lynch that day-- trust me. :p
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 337

Post by Dom »

I loved our team so much, and I just want to say thank you for the best BTSC I've had in a while. :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

The Civs won Recruitment 2. Recruitment 3 was won by an Alternate Win Condition (the Musketeers!).

My last post, above, was actually BR talking. For the record. She get her browser mixed up. :feb:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

fingersplints' Scintillating Beacon only shone a light into the sky that anyone could see. It was S~V~S, the Trickster, who set the trap that destroyed the Summoning Circle and scattered the New Civ Alliance. :feb:

fingersplints' final act in the game was to arrive at the square that the Scintillating Beacon randomly landed on after the explosion, and picked it up again.
HamburgerBoy
The Mark
Posts in topic: 173

Post by HamburgerBoy »

Thanks team, other players, and especially Long Con/Black Rock for the awesome game! This was my first scum game where I really felt like everyone was actively scheming their hardest behind the scenes, and there were lots of amazing moves and things that happened. Sorsha especially was the MVP for a lot of what let Circle win; I never would have been able to recruit golden if she hadn't been working with him and getting him to reveal his planned movements in the thread, for example.

Fun too working with you while it lasted, Mac. :slick:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Long Con wrote:fingersplints' Scintillating Beacon only shone a light into the sky that anyone could see. It was S~V~S, the Trickster, who set the trap that destroyed the Summoning Circle and scattered the New Civ Alliance. :feb:

fingersplints' final act in the game was to arrive at the square that the Scintillating Beacon randomly landed on after the explosion, and picked it up again.
SVS OMGUSing me to the bitter end lol.
HamburgerBoy wrote:Thanks team, other players, and especially Long Con/Black Rock for the awesome game! This was my first scum game where I really felt like everyone was actively scheming their hardest behind the scenes, and there were lots of amazing moves and things that happened. Sorsha especially was the MVP for a lot of what let Circle win; I never would have been able to recruit golden if she hadn't been working with him and getting him to reveal his planned movements in the thread, for example.

Fun too working with you while it lasted, Mac. :slick:
You guys definitely had a good team!

Hell like I said I ain't even mad at you guys, you didn't kill me lol.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

The civilians could have won Flash Mafia, but that game kinda broke.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Hey Dom were unrecruited when I was tunneling you or had you been recruited by then?
Long Con
So Divine

Mafia: A World Reborn - Role Secrets

Post by Long Con »

Civilians

Psionic Ninja - Lie Detector role, can only detect lies in the posts of people within 3 squares. Can evade first nightkill attempt on him. Movement rate of 4.

Dr Von Dreszenstein - Sends out his dogs each night from his square to search for experiment subjects or dead bodies. He will know who is within three squares, and choose one of those players to experiment on. Once he has found five dead bodies, he will be able to build a Monster, who can search out and kill for the Doctor.

Examples for living experiments:
Eyes - Alter the subject’s eyes. They will be roleblocked one night while they heal, and thereafter they will be able to see one square over, to know who is in that square.
Legs - The subject will be unable to move for the next movement phase while they heal, and thereafter will have their movement rate increased by two.
Brain - Subject is unable to lie in the thread for one phase while they heal (The Doctor may not grill them during this phase). Thereafter, the subject’s role will be enhanced in a manner that befits their role.
Heart - The subject will seem to die, only to be resurrected the next phase. They will thereafter be immune to the next nightkill attempt made on them.
Face - The subject will appear as a baddie to rolecheckers for two days, and enters BTSC as “????”. Thereafter, the subject may appear as they wish in BTSC, and becomes a Seemer.

Soul Shade - Is the Desperate Baddie, therefore shows up as evil to alignment checks. Influences one player each night. The influence will be different for each role.

Beautiful Beast: If a kill target is available, the Beast must kill
Blinkman: Teleports to a random square this movement
Cataclysm: One of his pulse emitters breaks down
Chaos Wizard: The Soul Shade is insanified for the day
Cursecrafter: A crafted item will not contain a curse as intended
Deadeye Raptor: Cannot land today, and is off the lynch poll today
Dr Von Dreszenstein: His dogs turn on him, roleblocking him, and he starts the next lynch with 3 votes
Essence Elemental: The Essence Elemental is protected for the night
Feral Pixie: The Feral Pixie goes nuts and may travel to three extra squares on the next night
Gladius Mechaspark: Comes up with a new invention
Grim Shaman: Will know the location of all dead bodies on the map
Infectious Goblin: The Infectious Goblin will become poisoned
John Locke: Will think he is Special, and receive a fake Quest Win Condition
Karma Chameleon: Will be revealed, if hiding that night
Lich of Khastor Keep: Soul Shade is immune to nightkills tonight
Living Statue: Soul Shade will learn the location of the Star Gem
Master Thief: Instead of stealing, the Master Thief will give an item to their target
Mystic Surveyor: Soul Shade receives the same information the Mystic Surveyor does this night
Possessing Entity: The Possessing Entity is ripped from their host body for the next phase, and must act as though they can't remember anything from before this phase
Psionic Ninja: The Psionic Ninja gets a snippet of baddie BTSC
Puppet Master: Must vote for a randomly determined player
Quantum Key: Can fully decode one secret
Scrippleskitz: Votes for Scrippleskitz count as double this phase
Splinter Twin: Splinter Twin can send his hologram to any square
Tarnished Golem: Tarnished Golem is immune to nightkills tonight
The Darkness: Soul Shade becomes infected by The Darkness
Trickster: The Trickster may create a trap on a square
Yin: Receives Yang’s location
Yang: Receives Yin’s location

Scrippleskitz - Starts out each lynch with -3 votes. Each time a player says “Scrippleskitz”, that player gets -1 vote placed upon them in the next lynch. For every two times a player says “Scrippleskitz”, Scrippleskitz gets one vote added in the next lynch.

Circle of Decay

Possessing Entity - When the Possessing Entity dies, the player will remain on the map and in the game, but will be unable to post in the thread or vote for the duration of the game. The Possessing Entity must find a square with another player on it, and possess that player, recruiting them to the Circle of Decay. The Possessing Entity will lose BTSC with its teammates during this time, and will appear in squares only as an ominous feeling.

After possessing a player, the Entity will regain BTSC with its teammates, and leave the map altogether.

Witherdeath Cabal

Trickster - The Trickster can appear as any role to a role check, even after death. Can appear as any player in temp BTSC. The Trickster may leave a message behind in a square twice in the game, and may cast an illusion once in the game, causing a lynched person to seem as though they were the role of his choice.

Creates Night Polls to affect lynch polls. Limited-time use for more powerful effects. A Night Poll could make it so that everyone who votes a certain option are the only people on the poll, or some voters get their vote doubled while others get their vote halved, or decide the style of the poll (3 votes each, changeable votes, etc)

The Trickster is the Devious Civvie.

Serial Killers

Cataclysm - Begins the game with four subterranean pulse emitters. Must secure an emitter in each of four zones in order to cause a seismic rupture across the realm, and to secure his Win Condition.

Beautiful Beast - Can kill someone from one square away if that player is alone. If the Beautiful Beast targets someone who has the Mirror of Truth, that person will not die. Instead, the Beautiful Beast will become Civvie-aligned, and can kill someone within two squares every other night as the Civvie Ninja. Otherwise, the Beautiful Beast must be the Last Man Standing.

The Mirror of Truth is a Quest Object, and the bearer of the Mirror fulfills their Quest Win Condition by curing the Beautiful Beast. The holder of the Mirror can find where the Beast was the night before. The Mirror of Truth can only be held by a Civvie.

Indy

The Darkness - Infects one player per night with darkness, causing them to lose their win condition. The Darkness can send one message each night to those it infects, and may choose to release a player from the darkness at any time. The Darkness will know where infected players are at all times.

If the Darkness is night-targeted, the targeting will fail as though a roleblock or protection were in play. The Darkness may enter the BTSC of any square it’s on as The Darkness. Otherwise, it is undetectable.

If an infected player is targeted by the Essence Elemental, then they are cleansed of infection. If the Darkness is targeted by the Essence Elemental, it is killed! If The Darkness infects the Essence Elemental, the Essence Elemental will be killed.

The Darkness cannot acquire Items.

The Darkness’ goal is to infect five living players with darkness, and to get them to the Shrine of Darkness on the same Day to perform a ritual. The ritual will begin the spread of darkness across the land, expanding at one square per phase. Anyone within the darkness will lose their win condition, unless the Darkness has released them.

The Darkness’ win condition is to perform the ritual and survive until the end of the game.

Yin/Yang - Has two avatars roaming the map, and his vote is worth two while both avatars are alive. If one avatar is nightkilled, the other stays alive. If Yin is nightkilled, Yang joins a baddie team, decides tied lynches. If Yang is nightkilled, Yin joins the Civvies and decides tied lynches. If lynched, it will appear that the lynch was stopped, and the player may choose if Yin or Yang will die.

Smirk - For every five votes Smirk receives, he may send the alignment of one player to another player. Smirk will survive one lynch. Smirk may not self-vote. When Smirk accumulates 50 votes, his Win Condition will be achieved, and he will become unlynchable. Must survive until the end of the game to win.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sorsha wrote: When did you know I was bad MM?
I can't remember how far back it went, but it became incredibly obvious to me when players (Dom specifically) starting suspecting SVS, but had no interest in voting for her.

There really wasn't another way to explain how they could have known. It was either you or Golden, and I was certain it was you.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

For the one or two players who somehow are unaware I was the secret role at the bottom of that post.
Long Con
So Divine

Mafia: A World Reborn - Map reveal columns A-B

Post by Long Con »

Location A1: Everyone Gives Canuck a Hundy Dollars
At this location, you can see a small tin nailed to the top of a gnarled post. A filthy grocery receipt has a note scrawled on the back, and it is attached to the tin with a wad of chewing gum. The note reads: “You gotta give Canuck $100. Interac email money transfer through longcon@mikesteffler.com and the money’ll get to her.”
Do what it says on the tin.

A2 - empty
A3 - empty
A4 - empty
A5 - empty
A6 - empty
A7 - empty
A8 - The Lens of Clairvoyance is here. With it, one can remotely view one square per phase.
A9 - empty

Location A10: Cave of the Spirit Beast
At this location, a large cave bears the mark of the Spirit Beast above it.
You may choose to enter the cave.
Secret: Anyone entering the cave will get an animal familiar who can warn them if danger is in a nearby square.

B1 - empty
B2 - The Vial of Dragonfire is here. With it, one can cremate a dead body, making it unable to be resurrected, rolechecked, or have its powers used by the Grim Shaman.

Location B3: Portal to I7
At this location, shimmering round disc of light hangs in the air, perpendicular to the ground. As you gaze into it, you can almost see an image of another place.
You may enter the portal to relocate yourself to another square on the map.

B4 - empty

Location B5: Pool of Moonlight
As you approach the pool, hundreds of tiny luminescent crabs flow out of the water. A ghostly voice whispers, “Trade?” The crabs wait expectantly for your reply.
You may exchange an item here for something of value.
The Lunar Aegis is given for any traded item. It provides protection from one nightkill.

B6 - empty

Location B7: Chaos Wizard’s Tower

A twisted tower rises at this location, the home of the infamous Chaos Wizard. Enter if you dare…
Here, you may use the Chaos Wizard’s scrying crystal to view two squares of your choice, or to send a message to a player.

B8 - empty

Location B9: Plateau
At this location is a high plateau. Atop the plateau you can make camp for the night, and stay safer from threats from your high vantage point.
Normally a baddie nightkill has a range of 2. Here, you can only be seen at a range of 1 by baddie nightkills.

B10 - empty

Return to “Previous Jobs”