72%

Total votes: 18
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Mafia: A World Reborn Game Thread - Day 16

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote:Have civilians ever won in a recruitment / map game?
The Civs won Recruitment 2. Recruitment 3 was won by an Alternate Win Condition (the Musketeers!).

My last post, above, was actually BR talking. For the record. She get her browser mixed up. :feb:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

fingersplints' Scintillating Beacon only shone a light into the sky that anyone could see. It was S~V~S, the Trickster, who set the trap that destroyed the Summoning Circle and scattered the New Civ Alliance. :feb:

fingersplints' final act in the game was to arrive at the square that the Scintillating Beacon randomly landed on after the explosion, and picked it up again.
HamburgerBoy
The Mark
Posts in topic: 173

Post by HamburgerBoy »

Thanks team, other players, and especially Long Con/Black Rock for the awesome game! This was my first scum game where I really felt like everyone was actively scheming their hardest behind the scenes, and there were lots of amazing moves and things that happened. Sorsha especially was the MVP for a lot of what let Circle win; I never would have been able to recruit golden if she hadn't been working with him and getting him to reveal his planned movements in the thread, for example.

Fun too working with you while it lasted, Mac. :slick:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 408

Post by MacDougall »

Long Con wrote:fingersplints' Scintillating Beacon only shone a light into the sky that anyone could see. It was S~V~S, the Trickster, who set the trap that destroyed the Summoning Circle and scattered the New Civ Alliance. :feb:

fingersplints' final act in the game was to arrive at the square that the Scintillating Beacon randomly landed on after the explosion, and picked it up again.
SVS OMGUSing me to the bitter end lol.
HamburgerBoy wrote:Thanks team, other players, and especially Long Con/Black Rock for the awesome game! This was my first scum game where I really felt like everyone was actively scheming their hardest behind the scenes, and there were lots of amazing moves and things that happened. Sorsha especially was the MVP for a lot of what let Circle win; I never would have been able to recruit golden if she hadn't been working with him and getting him to reveal his planned movements in the thread, for example.

Fun too working with you while it lasted, Mac. :slick:
You guys definitely had a good team!

Hell like I said I ain't even mad at you guys, you didn't kill me lol.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 260
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:Have civilians ever won in a recruitment / map game?
The civilians could have won Flash Mafia, but that game kinda broke.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Hey Dom were unrecruited when I was tunneling you or had you been recruited by then?
Long Con
So Divine

Mafia: A World Reborn - Role Secrets

Post by Long Con »

Civilians

Psionic Ninja - Lie Detector role, can only detect lies in the posts of people within 3 squares. Can evade first nightkill attempt on him. Movement rate of 4.

Dr Von Dreszenstein - Sends out his dogs each night from his square to search for experiment subjects or dead bodies. He will know who is within three squares, and choose one of those players to experiment on. Once he has found five dead bodies, he will be able to build a Monster, who can search out and kill for the Doctor.

Examples for living experiments:
Eyes - Alter the subject’s eyes. They will be roleblocked one night while they heal, and thereafter they will be able to see one square over, to know who is in that square.
Legs - The subject will be unable to move for the next movement phase while they heal, and thereafter will have their movement rate increased by two.
Brain - Subject is unable to lie in the thread for one phase while they heal (The Doctor may not grill them during this phase). Thereafter, the subject’s role will be enhanced in a manner that befits their role.
Heart - The subject will seem to die, only to be resurrected the next phase. They will thereafter be immune to the next nightkill attempt made on them.
Face - The subject will appear as a baddie to rolecheckers for two days, and enters BTSC as “????”. Thereafter, the subject may appear as they wish in BTSC, and becomes a Seemer.

Soul Shade - Is the Desperate Baddie, therefore shows up as evil to alignment checks. Influences one player each night. The influence will be different for each role.

Beautiful Beast: If a kill target is available, the Beast must kill
Blinkman: Teleports to a random square this movement
Cataclysm: One of his pulse emitters breaks down
Chaos Wizard: The Soul Shade is insanified for the day
Cursecrafter: A crafted item will not contain a curse as intended
Deadeye Raptor: Cannot land today, and is off the lynch poll today
Dr Von Dreszenstein: His dogs turn on him, roleblocking him, and he starts the next lynch with 3 votes
Essence Elemental: The Essence Elemental is protected for the night
Feral Pixie: The Feral Pixie goes nuts and may travel to three extra squares on the next night
Gladius Mechaspark: Comes up with a new invention
Grim Shaman: Will know the location of all dead bodies on the map
Infectious Goblin: The Infectious Goblin will become poisoned
John Locke: Will think he is Special, and receive a fake Quest Win Condition
Karma Chameleon: Will be revealed, if hiding that night
Lich of Khastor Keep: Soul Shade is immune to nightkills tonight
Living Statue: Soul Shade will learn the location of the Star Gem
Master Thief: Instead of stealing, the Master Thief will give an item to their target
Mystic Surveyor: Soul Shade receives the same information the Mystic Surveyor does this night
Possessing Entity: The Possessing Entity is ripped from their host body for the next phase, and must act as though they can't remember anything from before this phase
Psionic Ninja: The Psionic Ninja gets a snippet of baddie BTSC
Puppet Master: Must vote for a randomly determined player
Quantum Key: Can fully decode one secret
Scrippleskitz: Votes for Scrippleskitz count as double this phase
Splinter Twin: Splinter Twin can send his hologram to any square
Tarnished Golem: Tarnished Golem is immune to nightkills tonight
The Darkness: Soul Shade becomes infected by The Darkness
Trickster: The Trickster may create a trap on a square
Yin: Receives Yang’s location
Yang: Receives Yin’s location

Scrippleskitz - Starts out each lynch with -3 votes. Each time a player says “Scrippleskitz”, that player gets -1 vote placed upon them in the next lynch. For every two times a player says “Scrippleskitz”, Scrippleskitz gets one vote added in the next lynch.

Circle of Decay

Possessing Entity - When the Possessing Entity dies, the player will remain on the map and in the game, but will be unable to post in the thread or vote for the duration of the game. The Possessing Entity must find a square with another player on it, and possess that player, recruiting them to the Circle of Decay. The Possessing Entity will lose BTSC with its teammates during this time, and will appear in squares only as an ominous feeling.

After possessing a player, the Entity will regain BTSC with its teammates, and leave the map altogether.

Witherdeath Cabal

Trickster - The Trickster can appear as any role to a role check, even after death. Can appear as any player in temp BTSC. The Trickster may leave a message behind in a square twice in the game, and may cast an illusion once in the game, causing a lynched person to seem as though they were the role of his choice.

Creates Night Polls to affect lynch polls. Limited-time use for more powerful effects. A Night Poll could make it so that everyone who votes a certain option are the only people on the poll, or some voters get their vote doubled while others get their vote halved, or decide the style of the poll (3 votes each, changeable votes, etc)

The Trickster is the Devious Civvie.

Serial Killers

Cataclysm - Begins the game with four subterranean pulse emitters. Must secure an emitter in each of four zones in order to cause a seismic rupture across the realm, and to secure his Win Condition.

Beautiful Beast - Can kill someone from one square away if that player is alone. If the Beautiful Beast targets someone who has the Mirror of Truth, that person will not die. Instead, the Beautiful Beast will become Civvie-aligned, and can kill someone within two squares every other night as the Civvie Ninja. Otherwise, the Beautiful Beast must be the Last Man Standing.

The Mirror of Truth is a Quest Object, and the bearer of the Mirror fulfills their Quest Win Condition by curing the Beautiful Beast. The holder of the Mirror can find where the Beast was the night before. The Mirror of Truth can only be held by a Civvie.

Indy

The Darkness - Infects one player per night with darkness, causing them to lose their win condition. The Darkness can send one message each night to those it infects, and may choose to release a player from the darkness at any time. The Darkness will know where infected players are at all times.

If the Darkness is night-targeted, the targeting will fail as though a roleblock or protection were in play. The Darkness may enter the BTSC of any square it’s on as The Darkness. Otherwise, it is undetectable.

If an infected player is targeted by the Essence Elemental, then they are cleansed of infection. If the Darkness is targeted by the Essence Elemental, it is killed! If The Darkness infects the Essence Elemental, the Essence Elemental will be killed.

The Darkness cannot acquire Items.

The Darkness’ goal is to infect five living players with darkness, and to get them to the Shrine of Darkness on the same Day to perform a ritual. The ritual will begin the spread of darkness across the land, expanding at one square per phase. Anyone within the darkness will lose their win condition, unless the Darkness has released them.

The Darkness’ win condition is to perform the ritual and survive until the end of the game.

Yin/Yang - Has two avatars roaming the map, and his vote is worth two while both avatars are alive. If one avatar is nightkilled, the other stays alive. If Yin is nightkilled, Yang joins a baddie team, decides tied lynches. If Yang is nightkilled, Yin joins the Civvies and decides tied lynches. If lynched, it will appear that the lynch was stopped, and the player may choose if Yin or Yang will die.

Smirk - For every five votes Smirk receives, he may send the alignment of one player to another player. Smirk will survive one lynch. Smirk may not self-vote. When Smirk accumulates 50 votes, his Win Condition will be achieved, and he will become unlynchable. Must survive until the end of the game to win.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 260
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sorsha wrote: When did you know I was bad MM?
I can't remember how far back it went, but it became incredibly obvious to me when players (Dom specifically) starting suspecting SVS, but had no interest in voting for her.

There really wasn't another way to explain how they could have known. It was either you or Golden, and I was certain it was you.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

For the one or two players who somehow are unaware I was the secret role at the bottom of that post.
Long Con
So Divine

Mafia: A World Reborn - Map reveal columns A-B

Post by Long Con »

Location A1: Everyone Gives Canuck a Hundy Dollars
At this location, you can see a small tin nailed to the top of a gnarled post. A filthy grocery receipt has a note scrawled on the back, and it is attached to the tin with a wad of chewing gum. The note reads: “You gotta give Canuck $100. Interac email money transfer through longcon@mikesteffler.com and the money’ll get to her.”
Do what it says on the tin.

A2 - empty
A3 - empty
A4 - empty
A5 - empty
A6 - empty
A7 - empty
A8 - The Lens of Clairvoyance is here. With it, one can remotely view one square per phase.
A9 - empty

Location A10: Cave of the Spirit Beast
At this location, a large cave bears the mark of the Spirit Beast above it.
You may choose to enter the cave.
Secret: Anyone entering the cave will get an animal familiar who can warn them if danger is in a nearby square.

B1 - empty
B2 - The Vial of Dragonfire is here. With it, one can cremate a dead body, making it unable to be resurrected, rolechecked, or have its powers used by the Grim Shaman.

Location B3: Portal to I7
At this location, shimmering round disc of light hangs in the air, perpendicular to the ground. As you gaze into it, you can almost see an image of another place.
You may enter the portal to relocate yourself to another square on the map.

B4 - empty

Location B5: Pool of Moonlight
As you approach the pool, hundreds of tiny luminescent crabs flow out of the water. A ghostly voice whispers, “Trade?” The crabs wait expectantly for your reply.
You may exchange an item here for something of value.
The Lunar Aegis is given for any traded item. It provides protection from one nightkill.

B6 - empty

Location B7: Chaos Wizard’s Tower

A twisted tower rises at this location, the home of the infamous Chaos Wizard. Enter if you dare…
Here, you may use the Chaos Wizard’s scrying crystal to view two squares of your choice, or to send a message to a player.

B8 - empty

Location B9: Plateau
At this location is a high plateau. Atop the plateau you can make camp for the night, and stay safer from threats from your high vantage point.
Normally a baddie nightkill has a range of 2. Here, you can only be seen at a range of 1 by baddie nightkills.

B10 - empty
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 337

Post by Dom »

MacDougall wrote:Hey Dom were unrecruited when I was tunneling you or had you been recruited by then?
I wasn't. I was all alone, waiting for someone to find me. :pout:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dom wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Hey Dom were unrecruited when I was tunneling you or had you been recruited by then?
Lol sorry then. What day did you get recruited?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

MacDougall wrote:
Dom wrote:
Night 7.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Epignosis wrote:Boo.
Imagine if our original plan had gone off-- and you had recruited me. :D
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dom wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Dom wrote:
Night 7.
Lol like the night after the day we had a huge run in. Yeah my bad.
Long Con
So Divine

Mafia: A World Reborn - Map reveal columns C-D

Post by Long Con »

C1 - empty

Location C2: Garden of the Living Statue
At this location, an ornate garden once flourished, bursting with flowers and exotic plants of all types, but now only brown, withered leaves blow. Marble pillars and benches have aged and crumbled, their gleaming whiteness fading to a dull and dusty grey. In the centre, atop a round pedestal, stands the Living Statue, unmoving. A star-shaped hollow is in its chest, and a sad expression carved into its dusty bronze face.
The Living Statue is here. You may begin BTSC with the Living Statue here.

C3 - empty
C4 - The Gilded Spyglass is here. It allows a player to see a two-square radius each phase.
C5 - empty

Location C6: Ministry of Knowledge

An intimidating building due to its sheer size, it is filled with the knowledge of the realm, and helpful monks and clerks are always happy to help you find what you’re looking for!
Here you may find out information about three squares on the map.

C7 - empty

Location C8: Black Crystal Grove
At this location, you find a thick grove of pines. In the centre is a huge, thick, twisting oak tree with black leaves. In a hollow of the trunk, a black bed of crystal sits, glowing with deep purple energy.
Here you may choose to shatter the crystal, which will cause the night to restart. The original night actions will be posted, and may not be repeated in the restarted night.

Location C9: Paradise Meadows
At this location, you can hear music playing, and the sounds of merriment. As you approach, a pretty young woman greets you and places a wreath of wildflowers around your neck. This sunlight-bathed meadow is a place where good and happiness reign supreme.
Civvie-aligned players will have a 25% nightkill resistance here. Evil players have their kill range decreased by one.
Secret: A Civvie-aligned player who stays on this square for three consecutive phases will activate a Quest Win Condition, becoming the Avenging Statue. At this time, the evil teams will learn the Fleshstone enchantment, and that the Avenging Statue has been activated.

The next nightkill attempt on the Avenging Statue will reflect back at the killer, killing them, unless the Fleshstone enchantment is cast before the kill. If a killer casts Fleshstone on a non-statue player, that player becomes immune to their nightkill, and vice-versa. Fleshstone may only be cast upon a kill-target.

Upon successfully reflecting a kill and killing a baddie, the Quest Win Condition is fulfilled, and the player ceases to be the Avenging Statue.

C10 - empty
D1 - empty

Location D2: Hall of Mirrors
At this location is an ornate hall. Entering through the thick mahogany doors, you can see eleven full-length mirrors framed in gold. In each, you can see an image of another being, some malevolent, some friendly. You sense that if you touch one of the mirrors, you can acquire another’s power.
Here you may assume an aspect of another role for this phase, adding an element of their abilities to your nightly powers. The choices are: Splinter Twin, Blinkman, Lich of Khastor Keep, John Locke, Psionic Ninja, Chaos Wizard, Master Thief, Mystic Surveyor, Deadeye Raptor, Quantum Key, Feral Pixie

D3 - empty

Location D4: Gurgu Volcano

At this location, an active volcano, black and perilous, rises above you. There is a path that leads to the volcano’s lip.
Here you may destroy any item in the game by throwing it into the volcano.

Location D5: Spirit Oracle
A hill rises here, and a small hut sits atop it. Entering the hut, you see an old man with steel-coloured hair down to his shoulders. He smiles as you enter, and gestures to a seat, remarking on how seldom he gets guests these days.
The Spirit Oracle can tell you where you need to go to fulfill your destiny.

D6 - empty
D7 - empty

Location D8: Golden Genie

At this location, a fat Genie sits and smokes his pipe. He smiles as you approach, and tells you, “The thing about the City is, there’s a good side and a bad side. The bad side will make you sorry you came, but the good side is rewarding!”

D9 - empty

Location D10: Portal to I3
At this location, shimmering round disc of light hangs in the air, perpendicular to the ground. As you gaze into it, you can almost see an image of another place.
You may enter the portal to relocate yourself to another square on the map.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

More reveals to come tomorrow sometime, but I have to sign off for now.
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 82

Post by timmer »

Epignosis wrote:
timmer was such a fail in chat that I knew he was bad. I was hoping sig and I would just pass by without much fuss.
Let's be clear, here. I was, hands down, the weak link in this baddie team. This isn't a poor me thing, I'm not looking for pity or reassurance lol, but I definitely felt the time constraints of my job and my family weighing on me, and my participation was atrocious. I'm on hiatus indefinitely now because of it, other than maybe the Game of Champions whenever that happens. I did what I could, but really, about half of the game was me coasting while using the tribunal to survive. It is what it is, but yeah, I wasn't exactly a supaciv! :disappoint:
My siggie.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

timmer wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
timmer was such a fail in chat that I knew he was bad. I was hoping sig and I would just pass by without much fuss.
Let's be clear, here. I was, hands down, the weak link in this baddie team. This isn't a poor me thing, I'm not looking for pity or reassurance lol, but I definitely felt the time constraints of my job and my family weighing on me, and my participation was atrocious. I'm on hiatus indefinitely now because of it, other than maybe the Game of Champions whenever that happens. I did what I could, but really, about half of the game was me coasting while using the tribunal to survive. It is what it is, but yeah, I wasn't exactly a supaciv! :disappoint:
Your existence distracted everyone from the reality of what was happening.

The fact that Golden survived that last night kill ... Had he died, the two civs would have lynched SVS with Dom. Dom would have killed one. What would have happened? Circle still wins that way right?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

MacDougall wrote:
timmer wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

The fact that Golden survived that last night kill ... Had he died, the two civs would have lynched SVS with Dom. Dom would have killed one. What would have happened? Circle still wins that way right?
We planned Golden to survive. We used the Fleshstone thing to make sure Golden wouldn't even waste his NK protection. Golden targeted himself because we thought we could get Draconus to vote with us easier than splints.
HamburgerBoy
The Mark

Post by HamburgerBoy »

Wasn't exactly timmer's fault that golden and Epi had a special item that kept them in communication, unbeknownst to us. Turnip got to slide right on by and steal that star gem, and timmer took all the flak, so given the circumstances I think you did as good as you could, surviving as long as possible.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

HamburgerBoy wrote:Wasn't exactly timmer's fault that golden and Epi had a special item that kept them in communication, unbeknownst to us. Turnip got to slide right on by and steal that star gem, and timmer took all the flak, so given the circumstances I think you did as good as you could, surviving as long as possible.
This tbh.

Pretty surprising how long you lasted.
HamburgerBoy
The Mark

Post by HamburgerBoy »

Dom wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
timmer wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

We planned Golden to survive. We used the Fleshstone thing to make sure Golden wouldn't even waste his NK protection. Golden targeted himself because we thought we could get Draconus to vote with us easier than splints.
Oh wow, I actually misunderstood/missed that. I thought the Fleshstone was an item that performed a night kill, like Medusa's eyes or something, I didn't realize it was another NK immunity, hahahha, I thought we were banking on no one else wanting to target golden and it definitively distancing him from the Circle.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

HamburgerBoy wrote:
Dom wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
timmer wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Oh wow, I actually misunderstood/missed that. I thought the Fleshstone was an item that performed a night kill, like Medusa's eyes or something, I didn't realize it was another NK immunity, hahahha, I thought we were banking on no one else wanting to target golden and it definitively distancing him from the Circle.
So, you can only target people you are killing with it. If they are stone (me) they would be nkable. If they are flesh, they become unkable.
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 176

Post by Sorsha »

The fleshstone was actually intended for killing statues, turning them from stone to flesh, getting around the whole no NK thing. It was activated when Matt became the Avenging Statue but could have been used to kill Dom also. It's side effect I guess, was that if you used it on flesh (Golden) it would make him stone and the kill would fail.

linki- what Dom said
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 491

Post by Golden »

So, HBoy recruited me without any btsc with his team...

He never knew the golden rule... you NEVER recruit civ golden, should you want your team to win. You never know if I will take you down from within.

But then they had sorsha, and I felt better since she was my buddy and she pulled the wool over my eyes good. I felt she deserved to win, so I fought for them.

The LD that sorsha got me with was dubious, but I brought it on myself. Early on in the game, I asked LC if he would take btsc into account in assessing my lies, and he said he would. So, Sorsha was able to craft a lie... 'I would be happy for a civ or indy to be lynched today'. LC took it as "I would be happy for the civ (canuck) or baddie (juliets) who were actually lynch options to be lynched today." and he could do it easily, because sorsha had discussed that meaning with her team in btsc, and knew for a fact that juliets was bad (thanks to epi having sent a check to HB).

The circle also got very lucky with their timing.. I had caught TH, timmer and dom red handed, and was about to declare in the thread that all three of them were bad and that bass was civ. I immediately had to change direction.

@Matt - sorry man. I knew you were civ. If I wasn't recruited, I would have defended you to the hilt. I think the civs would have had that game if not for the recruit. Thats the breaks.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Black Rock wrote:If the civvies only voted for Dom. They would have had a chance. What a nail biting game. LC thought it would have been over a week ago, but the Circle got confident and made some mistakes. Such a close game. Well done all players.

I was really hoping Matt F would get to play his new role. That would have really fucked up the bad guys. You played an excellent game Matt, it was really fun hosting you.

To my dear Witherdeath friends, I was really rooting for you guys. Such bad luck for you guys.

Congrats to the winners, even if that includes Turnip Head. :meany: That's for picking on me in games. :haha:
I die for crazy reasons in your games. That why civilians lose. :evileye:
We had the option of using the Obsidian Dagger and our usual night kill to either double tap Golden and save me from getting caught by his LD or to take you and sig out and try to recruit Dom.

It was close, we were ready to kill Golden but then I made a crappy LD statement that he fell for so we went with plan B. It was also amazing luck that timmer ended up on the same square as you and sig when you got the Star Gem. TH was able to track you and go for the kill to get the Gem after timmer killed sig. :feb:
I tell you what. If the pair of you weren't dead, the team would have made a big mistake recruiting me too.

They were lucky that all of my attachments were gone except for Sorsha.
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Golden- I'm really surprised you didn't suspect me once sig and Epignosis were taken out like right after you and I met.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

timmer wrote:@SVS, to touch on the question of why we killed MM, there were two reasons, really. One, I forgot about his connection to you and stupidly voted you for about five minutes, and got caugh, so we knew MM would kill me that night. Second, we weighed several options in light of my impending death and it just made sense to take him out. Every scenario we thought up pointed to it being the right call (and thanks again to LC for a glorious double death scene! ). And SVS, you and Tranq played some outstanding endgame, we were sweating a lot!
To add to this... we needed to have some control over the numbers, and the other option was taking you out and creating an extra kill that we couldn't control. We just had to kill MM... there really was no choice.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Sorsha wrote:Great game guys. Awesome team!

:yay: :yay:

Can we just play this game again?
So true.

I waited 5 years for this game.

It delivered in every way.

@sorsha - from my perspective, your LD claim was the most solid. A judge would throw your interpretation out of court :p of all the LDs that came back true from baddies, that one still bothers me the most... but I'm glad I didn't catch you :)
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Sorsha wrote:Golden- I'm really surprised you didn't suspect me once sig and Epignosis were taken out like right after you and I met.
I mean, we killed the civs golden trusted on purpose so we COULD recruit him. :p
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote:but man he deserves to lose this game as a civ so bad. :haha:
Lucky I deserve to win it as circle, then, eh! I loved SVS post towards the end 'if its draco or splints, they deserve an oscar'.

The fact she didn't even mention me...
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote:
MacDougall wrote:but man he deserves to lose this game as a civ so bad. :haha:
Lucky I deserve to win it as circle, then, eh! I loved SVS post towards the end 'if its draco or splints, they deserve an oscar'.

The fact she didn't even mention me...
It was impossible to suspect you because you played 3/4 of it as a civilian supatown gatherer of intel. You're a traitorous swine. After all the effort you put in for the civs you should have mod-killed yourself when you were recruited you traitor.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Witherdeath could have killed him.:p
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

That they could have. That they could have.

No, the way I see it is you circle lot played way good and deserve the win more than most I've seen get it. Except Golden. He's a stinky traitorous swine.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I mean, Golden is responsible for me being dead ultimately. Dragging me into his ill advised hornets nest, exposing me to supposed confirmed doers of good of which 3 turned out bad and one of which killed me and then getting recruited after all his fuckery to coast to a win as a bad guy.

Golden you absolutely suck. I will pay you back for this. :disappoint:
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 185

Post by Draconus »

My heart. It is broken :(
GG to everyone, though. Especially Golden. I held it as a possibility in the back of my mind but didn't want to believe it. Realistically, civs lost that game a long time ago. But I'm proud to have made it that far as one of the good guys. It's never happened for me before, not even close.

Thank you to Long Con for putting together another awesome game full of well written posts and incredible characters! I had a great time :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Coast? Nah. Golden really had to control the thread. Had we lynched me instead of Tranq-- very different game.
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

MacDougall wrote:That they could have. That they could have.

No, the way I see it is you circle lot played way good and deserve the win more than most I've seen get it. Except Golden. He's a stinky traitorous swine.
I was kind of upset that you didn't get to try your buddy up to Timmer idea. Once you posted it in the chat I copy and pasted it in our Circle chat.... we had a good laugh :beer:
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Draconus wrote:My heart. It is broken :(
GG to everyone, though. Especially Golden. I held it as a possibility in the back of my mind but didn't want to believe it. Realistically, civs lost that game a long time ago. But I'm proud to have made it that far as one of the good guys. It's never happened for me before, not even close.

Thank you to Long Con for putting together another awesome game full of well written posts and incredible characters! I had a great time :)
If you lynched me, you guys could have won! It was so unbelievably close.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Draconus wrote:My heart. It is broken :(

Especially Golden!?

Golden got recruited after he revealed all his civ gained info to both teams lol. He's a butthole.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sorsha wrote:
MacDougall wrote:That they could have. That they could have.

I was kind of upset that you didn't get to try your buddy up to Timmer idea. Once you posted it in the chat I copy and pasted it in our Circle chat.... we had a good laugh :beer:
I was upset when Metalmarsh killed me for no reason. I was especially upset when I found out at end game that Golden was recruited and won the game after playing most of it as a civilian lie detector and mistakenly revealing everything he knew to scum players from both teams.

Forgive me for having the hurt butts.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dom wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
timmer wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

It was also because Draco was a viable teammate for Dom. I was worried 'what happens if they lynch dom'. I wanted the obvious answer to be draco was circle, not golden was circle.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Sorsha wrote:Golden- I'm really surprised you didn't suspect me once sig and Epignosis were taken out like right after you and I met.
I already believed timmer bad. They die when he is on the square. Why did you need to be involved?

Yeah, it never occurred to me lol. You played me very well.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote:I mean, Golden is responsible for me being dead ultimately. Dragging me into his ill advised hornets nest, exposing me to supposed confirmed doers of good of which 3 turned out bad and one of which killed me and then getting recruited after all his fuckery to coast to a win as a bad guy.

Golden you absolutely suck. I will pay you back for this. :disappoint:
It wasn't ill advised for me. I played it just right. Sometimes you gotta accept that the best way to survive in a game is not to worry if you are telling your secrets to civs or baddies. Thats how I felt anyway. Sorsha used me, and I never expected it would be her... but even with epi I never checked him. I took a leap of faith because I knew I had to exchange information for ME to win.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Yeah me too I suppose. I did tell a whole bunch of randoms my role for no reason.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 342

Post by Matt »

:faint:

Greatest game ever, hosts. Thanks for the game, LC/BR, I've never had so much fun in Mafia. Haha, as Karma Chameleon, I didn't share btsc with ANYONE except Dom lol. And I didn't even know it was Dom at the time. Btw Dom, I think Lorab had it right that we just both have different interpretations of our meeting. I figured you weren't thrilled with me of all people trying to activate your win condition, but you did send me to fetch the Gem so that's why I called you a liar lol. Anyway you were bad so :meany:

Golden - Don't apologize man, great game. I'm not going to lie, my heart sank when I saw you were a baddie, but eff it. I went with the town, literally NOBODY disputed your alignment so I was being honest when I said "I literally never do this, but since everyone seems to think you're civ, I'll believe it". Won't make that mistake again :shifty:

Also, apologies for revealing my conversation with the Spirit Oracle. I kept saying all game "I haven't been reprimanded ONCE so eff you guys" and then suddenly Long Con PMs me and says "You shouldn't have posted that about the Spirit Oracle conversation". Haha. After that, I self voted because I felt bad.

I didn't share btsc with anyone but Dom, but I felt I had a pretty epic quest, though it ultiimately failed. I went after MM and Turnip as partners because I landed on a square at one point which had MM and Turnip's dead body. Then, the next phase, Turnip was resurrected. Then I met up with Dom and went after the Star Gem. At one point, I received the list that me and Lorab both had, and you were able to find out two things...What one item does and which direction one item is. I picked some stupid Book for the what it does question, and then I asked where the Star Gem was. Apparently, the Star Gem was in the opposite direction I was going. I also ran into the Spirit Oracle and they told me to find Paradise Meadows. Hopped over to Paradise Meadows, chilled there for three days, then gained my Quest condition. Then I was lynched. :(

But EFFIN' FUN. Seriously, the best time.

Good game everyone! :beer:
Image Image Image Image
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Matt wrote::faint:

Greatest game ever, hosts. Thanks for the game, LC/BR, I've never had so much fun in Mafia. Haha, as Karma Chameleon, I didn't share btsc with ANYONE except Dom lol. And I didn't even know it was Dom at the time. Btw Dom, I think Lorab had it right that we just both have different interpretations of our meeting. I figured you weren't thrilled with me of all people trying to activate your win condition, but you did send me to fetch the Gem so that's why I called you a liar lol. Anyway you were bad so :meany:

Golden - Don't apologize man, great game. I'm not going to lie, my heart sank when I saw you were a baddie, but eff it. I went with the town, literally NOBODY disputed your alignment so I was being honest when I said "I literally never do this, but since everyone seems to think you're civ, I'll believe it". Won't make that mistake again :shifty:

Also, apologies for revealing my conversation with the Spirit Oracle. I kept saying all game "I haven't been reprimanded ONCE so eff you guys" and then suddenly Long Con PMs me and says "You shouldn't have posted that about the Spirit Oracle conversation". Haha. After that, I self voted because I felt bad.

I didn't share btsc with anyone but Dom, but I felt I had a pretty epic quest, though it ultiimately failed. I went after MM and Turnip as partners because I landed on a square at one point which had MM and Turnip's dead body. Then, the next phase, Turnip was resurrected. Then I met up with Dom and went after the Star Gem. At one point, I received the list that me and Lorab both had, and you were able to find out two things...What one item does and which direction one item is. I picked some stupid Book for the what it does question, and then I asked where the Star Gem was. Apparently, the Star Gem was in the opposite direction I was going. I also ran into the Spirit Oracle and they told me to find Paradise Meadows. Hopped over to Paradise Meadows, chilled there for three days, then gained my Quest condition. Then I was lynched. :(

But EFFIN' FUN. Seriously, the best time.

Good game everyone! :beer:
I knew Epignosis already had grabbed it because he specifically used the word "perfect" to me. I think I responded eventually with One Direction's Perfect music video. That was our code to say he's got it. I had no idea where he was and didn't want to tell you just incase it bit me in the ass later-- so I just told you where it was. :p I even said, "Who knows if it's there anymore"

You put up quite the fight, and I'm surprised I wasn't immediately lynched the second I got you lynched tbh.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 342

Post by Matt »

Lol

Dude however you look at it, our meeting lead me to some super awesome times, so thanks even if you were fibbin' a little lol. Tbh I'd trust Epi more then myself too if it came to activating my win con haha.

Wow, great game.

MM and Turnip - So I figure LC will reveal everything in time, but give me the Cliffs notes version of what happened with Turnip's dead body. I really wanna know what happened there! Lol
Image Image Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Also, @Draco - the reason I didn't entirely trust you is that you never targetted me for a quantum key. How did that work?

Return to “Previous Jobs”