So Divine
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Mafia: A World Reborn - Map reveal columns G-H

Post by Long Con »

Location G1 - Maze
This square was, sadly, never visited.
Items to be found in the Maze:
Otherdimensional Chest - Quest Win Condition: Treasure Hunter - gather 5 Items to achieve a Win Condition
Bronze Boots - Cursed Item: Reduces movement rate to 2
Jewelled Bracelet - Start every lynch with -2 votes
Mask of the Seemer - Appear as any role to checkers, appear as any player in BTSC, any role/alignment when lynched

Location G2: Docks
Several small boats are moored here. You may take one if you wish.
Here, you may take a boat out on the water with a movement rate of 2.

G3 - empty

Location G4: Seat of the Tribunal
At this location is a shrine where three hooded statues stand. A plaque sits attached to a marble pedestal, with the words Tribunal of Judgment upon it. You may ask the Tribunal to remove someone from the lynch poll. The Tribunal will draw upon the judgment of the closest living beings to determine if your request is granted.
If you wish to take someone off today’s poll, PM the Hosts with that name and the three closest players will be given a vote to approve or deny your request.

G5 - The Mantle of Quicksilver is here, which increases a player's movement rate by 1
G6 - empty

Location G7: Fortuneteller’s Den
A coloured tent sits in this square. You find yourself drawn to it, and within, a wizened old crone smiles and gestures to a seat at the Fortuneteller’s Table…
While on this square, you may only communicate in-thread and in BTSC with standard Magic 8-Ball responses. You may find out much about the square of your choice here.

Location G8: The Nomad
In the desert, you meet a gnarled old man with a ridiculously oversized pack on his back. He greets you amicably, offering you a magical potion, if you will do something for him in return.
If you vote for the player that The Nomad asks, you will receive a Warp Potion.

Location G9: Summoning Circle
At this location, a circle has been inscribed into the ground, with arcane symbols surrounding it. Speak a name, and that person shall appear before you.
Here you may name a living player and bring them from their current location to this location.

Location G10: Khastor Keep
The lair of the Lich, this is a place of evil. You can feel the Lich’s eye upon you here.
The Lich of Khastor Keep knows you are on this square.

Location H1: Docks
Several small boats are moored here. You may take one if you wish.
Here, you may take a boat out on the water with a movement rate of 2.

H2 - empty
H3 - empty
H4 - empty

Location H5: City
The City is a filthy, crime-ridden place. Keep your eyes on your pockets, and think twice about falling asleep!
In the City, you must post at least once every four hours. Every time four hours of silence follows one of your posts, thieves get a chance to steal from you or injure you.

H6 - empty
H7 - empty
H8 - empty
H9 - empty
H10 - empty
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Mafia: A World Reborn - Map reveal columns G-H

Post by G-Man »

Long Con wrote:Location G7: Fortuneteller’s Den
A coloured tent sits in this square. You find yourself drawn to it, and within, a wizened old crone smiles and gestures to a seat at the Fortuneteller’s Table…
While on this square, you may only communicate in-thread and in BTSC with standard Magic 8-Ball responses. You may find out much about the square of your choice here.
You used my suggestion! :cloud9:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Spoiler: show
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Long Con
So Divine

Re: Mafia: A World Reborn - Map reveal columns G-H

Post by Long Con »

G-Man wrote:
Long Con wrote:Location G7: Fortuneteller’s Den
You used my suggestion! :cloud9:
Yes! But no one ever went to that square for some reason. :(

Also, I realized I put Square G1 as "empty", when it really had the Maze. I have updated the post above.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 319
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Re: Mafia: A World Reborn Game Thread - Day 16

Post by Turnip Head »

I woulda checked out that island if I had had any time to explore. I knew there'd be something juicy in the hard to reach areas.

I spent my first few days wandering around a bit aimlessly. Went to J10 first because I thought there would be something neat in the corner, and found the dagger. Through Sorsha, I knew that I5 had the marketplace so I wanted to check that out. After that, all my moves were dictated by the team's mission. I teleported to Epi to stab him and take the Star Gem. Then I had a decision to make: head to the Healing Springs for the poison cure (thanks to Golden for the tip ;) ) or run to the Statue square to recruit Dom (thanks Epi for letting me know where he was :D ). I decided it was more important to recruit Dom since I still had the lynch pardon. I wonder how things might have played out if I had cured myself first and then recruited Dom. I probably still would have used the pardon to save timmer, but at least I wouldn't have been implicated myself in the process.
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 185

Post by Draconus »

I'm pretty sure I5s marketplace had a cure for poison. Why not take it from there?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Draconus wrote:I'm pretty sure I5s marketplace had a cure for poison. Why not take it from there?
It didn't have one while I was there. The marketplace was continually refreshed with new items.

The item I chose was the warp potion, which ended up being essential to kill Epi since I could track him down and warp to his location.
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 185

Post by Draconus »

Ah I see. Makes sense.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Long Con
So Divine

Mafia: A World Reborn - Map reveal columns I-J

Post by Long Con »

I1 - empty

Location I2: Signal Fire
At this location is a beautiful brick patio, complete with a cooler full of drinks and lounge chairs in the shade. There are three bags here, labelled ‘Mystical Message Enchanted Wood’.
Here you can write a message to the thread. Works three times in the game. Baddies three spaces away may target you on this square.

Location I3: Portal to D10
At this location, shimmering round disc of light hangs in the air, perpendicular to the ground. As you gaze into it, you can almost see an image of another place.
You may enter the portal to relocate yourself to another square on the map.

I4- empty

Location I5: Coastal City
Folks closer to the coast are more laid-back than their inner-city counterparts. Spend some of your pocket change at their market!
You may get one thing from the market: a potion of teleportation, a crystal pendant that shines with inner light, or a telescope to view distant squares at night.

I6 - The Scintillating Beacon is here. With it, you can set a beam of light into the sky that will be seen from all squares. Can be set on a time-delay.

Location I7: Portal to B3
At this location, shimmering round disc of light hangs in the air, perpendicular to the ground. As you gaze into it, you can almost see an image of another place.
You may enter the portal to relocate yourself to another square on the map.

Location I8: Ivory Tower
At this location, an ivory tower rises above you. As you ascend the stairs to the top, you find a map of the realm. You can see location B5 marked as Pool of Moonlight, and the text “Lunar Aegis??” scrawled on the side.

Location I9: Magnetic Field
At this location, your skin begins to tingle, and metal you carry starts to display erratic motions. Some sort of shifting magnetic field permeates the area.
Votes for you are worth 1.5 while you occupy this square. Night kills have a 25% chance of being deflected from you.

I10 - empty
J1 - The Scarab of Vitality is here. With it, you can resurrect one player by placing it on their dead body.
J2 - empty
J3 - empty
J4 - empty

Location J5: Shrine of Darkness

The ground is scorched black here, and nothing grows in this area. In the centre is a massive black totem, carved with screaming faces, demons, and twisted animals, and thick metal spikes jut from it, dripping with dark liquid. You will get no sleep tonight in this cursed and unhallowed area.
This is an evil place. As long as you are in this square, your Win Condition is removed.

J6 - empty
J7 - empty
J8 - empty
J9 - empty

Location J10: Corner of Death

At this location, a tall signpost reads “Corner of Death”. At the foot of the signpost, there is a smooth black chest.
The Obsidian Dagger can be taken here. It gives the user one nightkill.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 136

Post by Bullzeye »

If I'd have been to J1 and got the Scarab, could I have used that on myself to get Yang back?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Bullzeye wrote:If I'd have been to J1 and got the Scarab, could I have used that on myself to get Yang back?
Yes. Also, if you had gone to the Spirit Oracle, he would have told you so.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 136

Post by Bullzeye »

Long Con wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:If I'd have been to J1 and got the Scarab, could I have used that on myself to get Yang back?
Yes. Also, if you had gone to the Spirit Oracle, he would have told you so.
I was double dead before I even saw the term Spirit Oracle. I knew there would be something I could do though! I was trying to get to the good half of the city to see if they had anything to help me when I was finally cut down.
Long Con
So Divine

Mafia: A World Reborn - The Beautiful Beast's Journey

Post by Long Con »

TinyBubbles was the Beautiful Beast, an Indy role.

Beautiful Beast - Can kill someone from one square away if that player is alone. If the Beautiful Beast targets someone who has the Mirror of Truth, that person will not die. Instead, the Beautiful Beast will become Civvie-aligned, and can kill someone within two squares every other night as the Civvie Ninja. Otherwise, the Beautiful Beast must be the Last Man Standing.

The Mirror of Truth is a Quest Object, and the bearer of the Mirror fulfills their Quest Win Condition by curing the Beautiful Beast. The holder of the Mirror can find where the Beast was the night before. The Mirror of Truth can only be held by a Civvie. This information is unknown to the Beautiful Beast.

TinyBubbles started the game on square F4, and from that point until the Day she was lynched, she never used her Night power to kill. On Day 1, she moved to square G4, the Seat of the Tribunal, but didn't request that anyone be removed from the lynch poll. Matt F, the Karma Chameleon shared the square with her without her knowledge. Night 1, she forgot to move., and no one new arrived on G4. Night 2, she moved to G6, and was lynched the following Day.
Long Con
So Divine

Mafia: A World Reborn - Blinkman's Journey

Post by Long Con »

DrWilgy was Blinkman, he replaced Elohcin on Day 3.

Blinkman - Can teleport to any square each movement. Can remove himself from the lynch poll twice in the game.

Elohcin started the game on square D6, and did not move during the time she played. DrWilgy took over the role on Day 3, and moved to square A1 on Day 4, becoming one of the few players to visit the Everyone Gives Canuck A Hunday Dollars square (which was requested by Canuck before the game began).

Wilgy did not move for Day 5, and on Day 6 he arrived at square C3, which was empty. On Night 6, he was targeted for a nightkill by Typhoony of the Witherdeath Cabal, but Timmer 2.0 (Circle of Decay) shattered the black crystal on square C8. This restarted the night and forced everyone to retarget, and DrWilgy's life was spared.

On Day 7, he travelled to square I7, the Portal to B3. He went through the Portal, and on Day 8 went south to B4. Day 9, he blinked back to I7 and met Golden the Psionic Ninja and Metalmarsh the Tarnished Golem. He was lynched that day.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 90

Re: Mafia: A World Reborn Game Thread - Game Over

Post by DrWilgy »

I had fun. I think I was more curious about the world more so than anything else. I went to I7 twice just to see if others were as interested as I :D
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Long Con
So Divine

Mafia: A World Reborn - Cataclysm's Journey

Post by Long Con »

Canucklehead was Cataclysm, an Indy role.

Cataclysm - Begins the game with four subterranean pulse emitters. Must secure an emitter in each of four zones in order to cause a seismic rupture across the realm, and to secure his Win Condition.

Canuck started the game on square I8. At that time, the square was empty, but later became the Ivory Tower when I wanted to add a little more to the map to avoid too much of running into empty squares for people. She moved to H9 on Day 1 and planted her first of four pulse emitters. Heading west for Day 2, she arrived at E9, which started empty but became the Ruins for Canuck. She travelled to B9 on Day 3, the Plateau, and planted her second of four pulse emitters in the southwest zone.

Heading north for the third zone, she arrived at B6 on Day 4, an empty square. She continued north to B3 (the portal to I7) for Day 5, and planted her third of four pulse emitters. That was the day she was lynched. Bullzeye (Yin) decided the tie between Canuck and juliets, and chose Canuck as the lynch candidate, to the Witherdeath Cabal's relief.

She would have taken a two-day trip through the Swamp of Everlasting Night over to square H3 for Day 7, and planted her last pulse emitter to achieve her Win Condition and split the map asunder, had she lived. Instead, the final pulse emitter was used only in storytelling in the final post of the game, when the Trickster completed Cataclysm's quest in a bid to cause chaos and destruction on a realm-wide scale.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

MVP? That's a thing now, it seems. Who's the MVP for this game? Is it Golden for blindly ending up in the perfect 'accepted Civ' baddie slot? Is it Turnip Head for his quick and decisive actions when killing Epignosis? Sorsha for her devious and famously successful ploy to fool the Lie Detector?

I think my vote is for Sorsha, come to think of it. She integrated into the Second Super Civvie Squad without the use of Trickster powers, and she arranged the meeting on G6 with Golden that HamburgerBoy recalled and used for the ultimate recruit. She was also the first to find the Marketplace on I5, which was where Turnip Head got his Warp Potion to get to Epi and kill him, taking the Star Gem. Without Sorsha's pioneering visit to that square, it's a lot less likely that TH would have gone to it by that time.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 293

Post by S~V~S »

DEFINITELY Sorsha~ without her, Golden would have just been another obvious civvie night kill.

Sorsha tricked him, she tricked Tranq. She pwnd everyone.

Nice Job, Sorsha :nicenod:
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Oh it's Sorsha for sure. I don't think we win that game unless she fools Golden and gets him in place for the recruit.
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 204

Post by Tranq »

+1 vote for Sorsha :beer:
Typhoony
I'm an Economist
Posts in topic: 89

Post by Typhoony »

I agree. Very well played by Sorsha!
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Congratulations, Sorsha, Mafia: A World Reborn's MVP!

I will continue the Journeys of each role in the coming days.
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

DrWilgy wrote:I had fun. I think I was more curious about the world more so than anything else. I went to I7 twice just to see if others were as interested as I :D
I forgot to ask this earlier. Were you aware that you could have saved yourself from being lynched taking yourself off the poll at any point?
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Typhoony wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:I had fun. I think I was more curious about the world more so than anything else. I went to I7 twice just to see if others were as interested as I :D
I forgot to ask this earlier. Were you aware that you could have saved yourself from being lynched taking yourself off the poll at any point?
Ooo, yeah, that was an unexpected twist! Wilgy?
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 82

Post by timmer »

Long Con wrote:Congratulations, Sorsha, Mafia: A World Reborn's MVP!

:omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg:
My siggie.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 408

Post by MacDougall »

More stories LC!
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Long Con wrote:
Typhoony wrote:
Ooo, yeah, that was an unexpected twist! Wilgy?
I thought it was only the night previous... I pushed my luck and never submitted it before hand, thinkin I could use it later.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Nope. You were Blinkman, you could have blinked yourself right off the poll at any time, during any poll.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 337

Post by Dom »

Long Con wrote:Congratulations, Sorsha, Mafia: A World Reborn's MVP!

I second this.
Moar stories plz
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Mafia: A World Reborn - Chaos Wizard's Journey

Post by Long Con »

Bass_the_Clever was the Chaos Wizard, a Civvie role. He replaced reywaS on Day 3.

Chaos Wizard - The Chaos Wizard has a tower somewhere on the map, and starts on that square. Can do a variety of things from within the Tower:

- can create a Chaos Field around the tower, and anyone approaching will have their direction randomized (within one square of the Tower). Protected from ranged attacks (like kills where the killer isn’t on your square) while the Chaos Field is active
- can choose two players and switch their location, and targeted-ness that night
- can send a message to a player

If the Chaos Wizard leaves the tower, he will automatically randomize the targeting of any role within a two-square radius.

reywaS didn't do much during his tenure as the Chaos Wizard. When Bass took over, he switched the locations of S~V~S and Epignosis. That was on Night 3. This put Epignosis close to G9, the Summoning Circle. There, Epig met Golden, and they summoned sig and Bullzeye and formed the First Super Civvie Squad. Thanks to Bass.

That was Bass' only real power usage throughout the game. He was mostly a vaguely absent player, unfortunately. He moved for the first time in the game on Day 7 to C7, and then went to C6, the Ministry of Knowledge, and got info on squares E6 (Realm Catalogue), I9 (Magnetic Field, and D10 (Portal).

He then went to E6 and got info and direction on the Mirror of Truth: The Mirror of Truth is a Quest Object, and the bearer of the Mirror fulfills their Quest Win Condition by curing the Beautiful Beast. The holder of the Mirror can find where the Beast was the night before. The Mirror of Truth can only be held by a Civvie.

The Mirror lies far to the north-northeast.

Bass was also lynched that day.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 342

Post by Matt »

Good job, Bass! :beer:
Image Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Long Con wrote:Nope. You were Blinkman, you could have blinked yourself right off the poll at any time, during any poll.
Image Image Image
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

Was the info on E6 left by Quantum Key (Draconus)?
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Typhoony wrote:Was the info on E6 left by Quantum Key (Draconus)?
Which info do you mean?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 408

Post by MacDougall »

More storiesssssssssssss
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

Long Con wrote:
Typhoony wrote:Was the info on E6 left by Quantum Key (Draconus)?
Which info do you mean?
Oops. I had confused my squares and didn't realize E6 was the Realm Catalogue.

Carry on with these lovely stories :beer:
ImageImage
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 204

Post by Tranq »

nub Typhoony
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

bump
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

Bump for more stories
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I will do more stories. But first:

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 260
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Best banner ever. :clap:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

:faint:

That is the best banner ever. I don't suppose a participation banner will be on the way because I would proudly wear that, yessiree! ;airguitar:
Image Image Image Image
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Long Con wrote:I will do more stories. But first:

You spoil us. :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 491

Post by Golden »

Can't wait to get home to my pc to add this banner. It's awesome.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 293

Post by S~V~S »

They really are amazing :)
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 176

Post by Sorsha »

Nice... maybe I need to actually put my banners in my sig for once :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Black Rock »

Fancy Sorsha.
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

reminder 4 storie
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

*prods elsie*
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

LC promised stories.

LC has not delivered.

It's time to lynch LC. XD
Image Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 260
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I'm down with an LC lynch.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.

Return to “Previous Jobs”