Matt
No votes
MovingPictures07
No votes
S~V~S
No votes
Typhoony
No votes
Billy Dee Williams (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
42%

Total votes: 19
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 1015

Re: Arkham Mafia [Day 0]

Post by Golden »

Enrique wrote:
Golden wrote:@sig - I'd be up for Fish Mooney's, that sounds like a good idea.

On the other hand, the idea of heading to Arkham right after the breakout still might be a good one despite the fact they aren't the mafia.
Why is this a good idea, Golden? If they are independents and not baddies, why do you agree with the majority here in that we should pursue them? Or am I misinterpreting you? I'm actually asking, why do you think this is a good idea?
If there are actually useful hints there, they won't be there for long.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 261

Post by sig »

Independents will inventively get lycnhed and NK, two of them don't need to be killed at all. We have 6 (?) mafia we need dead, the mafia only needs 1 inmate each dead. IF we spend eight or more phases hunting inmates and not the mafia we will loose. If we somehow get almost all the mafia dead mid game, we can always stop pursuing them and focus on the independents.

Enrique's focus on the inmates is pingy to me and I see no reason to be saying we should focus on them and that Golden is pingy for not wanting to focus on them.

Bass is taking a jokey post and trying to make it serious. I was making a joke at my own expensive basically. Since last game I was lynched day 1 and I usually get lynched by mid game if not earlier. The fact Bass even called out an obvious joking post is suspicious since the mafia tend to be the only people who do this.
ImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 701

Post by Enrique »

Could we discuss Dom's ridiculous spin for a bit? Regardless of whatever Golden meant in that post, and I'm serious, completely disregarding it. Did anybody read that post and think "oh haha they're talking about the Lost numbers!"? S~V~S confirmed that was the case, and if you did think of that then power to you, but that's not how my brain works. Why then would Dom use that against me? It makes zero sense and it just comes off as an opportunistic attempt to get the ball rolling against me.

Dom, you're free to disagree with any of my views, but seriously, dude? Should I look into every usage of a Lost number in this forum and call out people who don't recognize them? I don't understand. I guess my original point was more along the lines of "cops might use numbers to hint at their roles to recruiters," and there's a very small chance that's gonna happen anymore, but don't tell me it wasn't relevant to the conversation then.

TH, that sig then looks pretty normal to me. "Don't lynch me now, at least let me play a bit." I dunno why he didn't respond but it doesn't say anything to me either.

@linki: but what useful info can we get on the scum? This contradicts your whole attitude re: indies before.
@linki2: again, I'm not focusing specifically on the inmates, but exclusive mafia hunting is a terrible idea for anyone who isn't bad.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Enrique wrote:
Golden wrote:
Enrique wrote:
Golden wrote:@Hosts - what happens if both crime families try to buy off the same cop?

Bass's idea sounds sensible enough, but I'd also point out that everyone from the Asylum appears to be independent. So, it might not help us find the crime families (who seem more analagous to mafia).

But a lot of those independents don't seem exactly friendly.
Independents whom most civvies need dead to win :eye:
They do? It doesn't look to me like ANY civilians need the independents dead, to me. Whereas the town definitely needs the crime families dead.

This is literally the first think I noticed when I got my role card, so :eye: :eye: right back at you.
This post, juliets. It can be interpreted as "we don't need ALL independents [correction: baddies] dead," but look at that last bit. This is literally the first thing I noticed when I got my role card. That's not how it works. All but three civvie roles NEED to kill indies to even win the game. No matter if they can win with the other nine, the fact is that civvies can't win without indie hunting, and he even proposes just hunting the baddies and leaving the rest to luck. What kind of role card even suggests that? Well, there are three civvie options. And fifteen baddie ones.
This is so incredibly misleading and twiwtsy.

Enrique, this is the last time I'll say this. There are literally NO civilian roles for whom independent chasing is the best move. Except the dirty cops who get recruited.

The civilian cops need 6 out of 6 baddies dead and 1 out of 10 independents dead. The other three need 6 out of 6 baddies dead and 0 out of 10 independents dead.

On the other hand, the independents don't have any stake in killing the baddies (Except one or two discrete instances like the joker) so how do you get 'there are fifteen baddie roles that need to baddie hunt'.... That makes no sense at all. Plus, you still fail to address my point that going after independents is exactly what the baddies WOULD be doing.

And you say '15 baddie ones' which just goes to prove that you are still painting the independents as mafia when they are not.

I'll tell you how many role cards suggest chasing the baddies before the indys.

13 civilian ones.
And NOONE else.
Thats it.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Turnip Head wrote:Preliminary reports indicate that Golden is GCPD or independent. Civ Golden loves to argue like it's his day job or something.

If this is anything like X-men (I didn't play Star Wars so I forget how it worked) this poll is simply deciding the order of the locations we visit. There's no grid so I doubt it's a full fledged map like World Reborn.
It is my day job you...

Oh. :beer:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 592
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

sig wrote:Bass is taking a jokey post and trying to make it serious. I was making a joke at my own expensive basically. Since last game I was lynched day 1 and I usually get lynched by mid game if not earlier. The fact Bass even called out an obvious joking post is suspicious since the mafia tend to be the only people who do this.
Well you didn't mention this earlier, you ignored it completely... so I ask again, is there a reason you didn't respond to it at the time, especially if this is how you felt?
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 150

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:@Hosts what Earth is this game set on? Is this before or after the events of No Man's Land? Pre or Post New 52?
Excellent question. The setting is based on the limited edition run by Jervis Tetch, which we altered just a bit for our own purposes.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

There's all the proof I need that you're not reading my posts, Golden, but I'll gladly go over every single one of those points again. Just let me find a comfy spot in the library from where I can type this.
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Golden wrote:Enrique, this is the last time I'll say this. There are literally NO civilian roles for whom independent chasing is the best move. Except the dirty cops who get recruited.
That depends on your definition of civilian.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Turnip Head wrote:
sig wrote:Bass is taking a jokey post and trying to make it serious. I was making a joke at my own expensive basically. Since last game I was lynched day 1 and I usually get lynched by mid game if not earlier. The fact Bass even called out an obvious joking post is suspicious since the mafia tend to be the only people who do this.
Well you didn't mention this earlier, you ignored it completely... so I ask again, is there a reason you didn't respond to it at the time, especially if this is how you felt?
I didn't mention it since I saw no reason to, his point against me is either an attempt to set me up or is just foolish.
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Enrique wrote:I don't buy it, Golden. You're acting like I'm trying to sideline the Mafia when that is simply not true.
Lets see how this started, Enrique...
Golden wrote:@Hosts - what happens if both crime families try to buy off the same cop?

Bass's idea sounds sensible enough, but I'd also point out that everyone from the Asylum appears to be independent. So, it might not help us find the crime families (who seem more analagous to mafia).

Enrique wrote:

You immediately shut down and sussed me for both 1) saying Arkham seemed like a sensible idea but 2) pointing out ACCURATELY that the town don't need the independents dead.

So, it isn't true that you are trying to 'sideline the mafia'? Then why is your reaction to my suggestion that we merely think about other options immediately suspicious? This whole thing is about you rejecting the possibility outright that ANYWHERE other than Arkham should be considered and that the fact I would even consider them is suspicious.

Oh, and answer this Enrique? How many of the civilians can win with the joker alive? Is your answer 12?
How many can win with the penguin alive. Answer still 12?
How many can win with Ra's alive. 12 again?

Funny, then, that your response is 'independents whom most civvies need dead to win' because this is outright not true. Most civvies do not need any independent dead to win. 12 out of 13, Enrique.

@TH, yes it does - I see Wayne Manor more as an independent faction, since they don't actually need the mafia dead to win, specifically. Crime families are mafia, GCPD is town. The rest are all independent. That's how I see it.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

sig wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
I didn't mention it since I saw no reason to, his point against me is either an attempt to set me up or is just foolish.
That's where you lose me. How can you can think something is suspicious and also think it's not worth bringing up? It's not like you've been discussing more important matters instead; all your posts between Bass' post and this post have been discussing the Day 0 poll locations.
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 389

Post by a2thezebra »

Typhoony wrote:I am joining my good friend Zebra to the docks :beer:
:D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

The amount of votes for Arkham Asylum is downright alarming.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote:
Enrique wrote:
Golden wrote:
Enrique wrote:

They do? It doesn't look to me like ANY civilians need the independents dead, to me. Whereas the town definitely needs the crime families dead.

This is literally the first think I noticed when I got my role card, so :eye: :eye: right back at you.
I really don't think he's a cop based on this post. Not to mention, he could hope to get bought off, but in the end the mafia picks a number, not a player, so he can't exactly angle himself for that.

Although
Golden wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Eighth :cool:
:hugs:

SVS and I have an 8 bond.
There's a number.
It's a LOST number :)
It's also both SVS and my favourite number.

But I doubt epi took that into account. I know in at least 50% of cases he didn't. I've made no hinting that would help a recruiter and if I was one of the cops, I wouldn't do so. TH knows me well enough to know its a dangerous game to recruit me... because I told him as much in World Reborn.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote:
Dom wrote:Enrique, how desperate are you to get Golden out of this game and why?
Although I am generally the person who jumps all over Goldens shit at the start, Enriques single mindedness is kinda freaking me a bit here. He has some good points, but so does Golden (some of the Indys will be attritioned out via NKs, or lynches, etc.). I mean we need to keep them in mind, especially if they individually impact our individual win condition, but getting the baddies is paramount, IMO.

Actually, having just hosted the Champs game, I think our goal should be to NOT lynch the other civs, then lynch baddies>lynch Indies.
Yeah, SVS, thanks for saying in one paragraph my exact point that it takes me 1500 posts to make.

What bothers me about Enrique is not so much that he wants to get indys, but that the start of this chain was about him sussing me for pointing out that the mafia are not the escapees. I don't think we should ignore the Arkham independents (because some of them look dangerous), but the crime families are clearly the mafia.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Turnip Head wrote:
sig wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
That's where you lose me. How can you can think something is suspicious and also think it's not worth bringing up? It's not like you've been discussing more important matters instead; all your posts between Bass' post and this post have been discussing the Day 0 poll locations.
I need to pick my battles so to speak, me bringing up Bass's post would only draw attention to me and it isn't enough to build a case against him, I also think discussing the day 0 poll is very important.

Having said that I'll be going to Wayne Enterprises.
ImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I am bothered that Enrique wants to get the indys because of the implications of that desire.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 24

Post by DrWilgy »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Eighth :cool:
God I have missed playing mafia with you and everyone else. Also on that note I know the games that I signed up for in the past I didn't participate or subbed out its because I got into a serious relationship and couldn't figure out how to balance the two. Me and my lady friend have moved into together so it should make balancing the two a lot easier. So my hat goes off to anyone who has a significant other and plays mafia because it's extremely hard if your significant other is like mine and doesn't like cell phones or laptops out while we are hanging out. Lol
:beer:
~~~~~~~~~~
Well Golden! That's a nice big glass of WIFOM, mind if I have a sip? Why did you wait until we were in game to let us know about this? You could've mentioned it in the pre game lobby... Er... Maybe you did. Didn't really check but I'm assuming you didn't based upon your posts. Also... Are we hinting at rolls already Golden? *sings* ~Epi's gonna kill you!~

I'd like to go GCPD.
*Looks at this post for any sign of Golden*
Yeah I'm confused. Is this for me or golden?
Oh... I added super cool pink tilde's to show the subject change.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Enrique wrote:There's all the proof I need that you're not reading my posts, Golden, but I'll gladly go over every single one of those points again. Just let me find a comfy spot in the library from where I can type this.
What about them do you think I haven't read. Is it the bit where you are still trying to push that the Arkham escapees are 'baddies'?

I don't think you've even thought through my rolecard comment at all, and I think it's because you didn't have to have the same epiphany I did. You are trying to push it as being bad, but if you were in any way trying to think of it from my perspective, instead of just push it as a slip without thought, I think you'd have a very different view.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 531

Post by Matt »

a2thezebra wrote:The amount of votes for Arkham Asylum is downright alarming.
Why do you say that Zeebs?

In a game called Arkham Mafia where the first post talks about escaping from Arkham...I'm surprised more people aren't voting that way.
Image Image Image Image
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Golden wrote:
Enrique wrote:
Golden wrote:This is so incredibly misleading and twiwtsy.
Let's see how this goes.
Enrique, this is the last time I'll say this. There are literally NO civilian roles for whom independent chasing is the best move. Except the dirty cops who get recruited.
This is so incredibly misleading and twiwtsy! (am I using that word right? I don't actually know what it means)

It's also straight up false. Do I need to explain to you how the Wayne Manor roles work? Because it's not hard to figure out. They need to achieve a 100% win condition to win the game; each dead Mafia / bought up gives them 5%, so that's at most 30% they can get from them. Where does the rest come from? Arkham Asylum. Each inmate gives them 12%, so if they manage to kill all the Mafia and 6 inmates, that's the least they can do to win the game! But then, that leaves them with 102%. If one GCDP civvie dies, they lose 2%, so even all the mafia + six inmates isn't enough if two civvies die! And they lose a WHOLE 8% for every member of their faction that dies. So that's a fuckton of inmates they need to kill. That at least one other civvie needs to kill as well or they don't win. Why the hell would I as a cop go and kill the mafia when, unless I've killed my assigned indie, it does NOTHING for me?

Don't try to argue Wayne Manor isn't civvie because nearly all of us have different win conditions.
The civilian cops need 6 out of 6 baddies dead and 1 out of 10 independents dead. The other three need 6 out of 6 baddies dead and 0 out of 10 independents dead.
Yes. So every inmate (you keep saying independent, more on that later) is needed dead by the civvies. Got you.
On the other hand, the independents don't have any stake in killing the baddies (Except one or two discrete instances like the joker)
No. This is false. They absolutely do. Whether their win condition is to survive, to kill certain players, to align themselves with another player, they ALL need the game to end with their conditions in place. The game ends when the Mafia dies. There IS no going back. Why would you even say that? What are their stakes according to you? From how I see it, the game ending with them still alive is the best thing that could happen to them.

So you're wrong again. You use the opposite argument against me, "of course baddies would benefit from indie hunt!" but you fail to see how that goes both ways. Why?
so how do you get 'there are fifteen baddie roles that need to baddie hunt'.... That makes no sense at all.
First off, that's not a real quote so I'm not sure what you're getting at. Second of all, what are we doing right now? What did the opening post say? Aren't we looking for the escapees? That's a fundamental part of this game that you're completely DENYING, and dude, you can't do that. Because they're the only players (with exactly three exceptions) who win that way.
Plus, you still fail to address my point that going after independents is exactly what the baddies WOULD be doing.
Woops, I actually addressed that prematurely. So let me hint at the next point that I've actually stated before: the inmates are baddies.
And you say '15 baddie ones' which just goes to prove that you are still painting the independents as mafia when they are not.
They absolutely are, Golden, I'm sorry. You were the first to describe them as "independents," the roles list never did such thing. You act like they're our allies in some way but that simply doesn't work. Sure, we can win with some of them, but not all of us! Not with all! They're the ENEMY, the goal of the game is to FIND THEM. I care about the mafia. I'm tired of being portrayed as if I'm only going after the inmates. But BOTH need to go, no buts. The argument to leave the inmates alone doesn't hold up. It's a terrible idea. You can't just ask the civvies to leave their victory to chance instead of pursuing it.
I'll tell you how many role cards suggest chasing the baddies before the indys.

13 civilian ones.
And NOONE else.
Thats it.
Not even close to the truth. The game ENDS when the mafia dies. If the game ends with the mafia dead and the inmates alive, the only winners are the inmates! Why are you ignoring that? The statement you just made is completely false.

This shouldn't be hard to understand. I'm sorry. I'm right.

@linki: have YOU tried slipping into my perspective, Golden? I'm not making it a secret. Your method isn't helping me, and you're not only denying it but using it against me. That's why I'm convinced that you're bad.
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Well I kinda butchered those quotes, but at the same time they're legible. I'm being completely transparent. That's what I think, and you're just refusing to understand it.
ImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Matt wrote:

In a game called Arkham Mafia where the first post talks about escaping from Arkham...I'm surprised more people aren't voting that way.
That's just it, the escape has already happened. The inmates aren't in Arkham at the moment, they're outside of it. What good is going to come from going there? If anything happens, it will be a trap.

linki - Enrique, you're reminding me of me when I'm bad.
Typhoony
I'm an Economist
Posts in topic: 220

Post by Typhoony »

Hosts: Does anyone have any info about this poll?
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 150

Post by Epignosis »

Typhoony wrote:Hosts: Does anyone have any info about this poll?
No.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Golden wrote:
Enrique wrote:There's all the proof I need that you're not reading my posts, Golden, but I'll gladly go over every single one of those points again. Just let me find a comfy spot in the library from where I can type this.
What about them do you think I haven't read. Is it the bit where you are still trying to push that the Arkham escapees are 'baddies'?

I don't think you've even thought through my rolecard comment at all, and I think it's because you didn't have to have the same epiphany I did. You are trying to push it as being bad, but if you were in any way trying to think of it from my perspective, instead of just push it as a slip without thought, I think you'd have a very different view.
I would argue that you haven't tried looking at it from Enrique's perspective either.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

@enrique - what method?

What, you think the first 6 people dead in this game will be the inmates? What are the chances of that happening?

You think that if we found inmates early, it wouldn't be the right thing to do to step back and hunt indys then? I'd agree with that.

No, what you've done is sus me for pointing out that the Arkham escapees are not the mafia...

And then double down on it.

I have tried seeing it from your perspective. From your perspective, there were no good reasons to suspect me so early at all. I didn't make any 'slips' because I'm not bad. I just did what I always do... analyse all sides... and for that you find me suspicious. If you were trying to see this from a civilian perspective, I don't believe you would have suspected me. You just would have seen that I had a point.

Can I see your perspective on 'the town needs the independents dead to win'. Yes. But I responded to it... What about the two independents who relate to a dirty cop? What if cop #5 is lynched on day one... do we then need independent 5 dead? No. If we hunt independents instead of the mafia from the start, we create inefficiency, very likely taking out independents that the town ultimately doesn't need to take out.

We only need those independents dead of those cops who are alive and civilian at end game. We need every mafia dead no matter what. In an average game, how many people would you say are alive at end game? Imagine it's 6 people out of 31... so if its a civ win lets estimate thats about 2 cops and 2 inmates, right? What is the probability that one of the cops won't win? About 20%. What are the chances same cop loses if a mafia is still alive at the end? 100%... because they can't win if there are mafia alive.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

a2thezebra wrote:
Matt wrote:

That's just it, the escape has already happened. The inmates aren't in Arkham at the moment, they're outside of it. What good is going to come from going there? If anything happens, it will be a trap.

I had previously only been civ once in the last 5 years and you lynched me Day 1 in the most bullshit manner ever conceived. Maybe I remind you of when you are bad, but please don't try to meta me :p
ImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Just an observation.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Golden you're using inmates for the wrong faction and it makes your post completely unreadable.

I don't think the first 6 to go will be mafia but I will earn my win, not just leave it to luck! Why don't you understand that?
ImageImageImageImage
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 531

Post by Matt »

a2thezebra wrote:
Matt wrote:

Hrm. What kind of trap?

If you're assuming that going to Arkham might be a positive for the escapees somehow, then tbh, I'd rather go there now then later in the game.

Why did you pick the Docks?
Image Image Image Image
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 513

Post by Dom »

Enrique wrote:
Dom wrote:I don't buy for one second you didn't recognize 8.
I find this post completely ridiculous, seriously. Why should I associate every instance of a single digit number with Lost? I know what the numbers are, but where do they come in here? What is there for you to buy?
They come in when SVS said they have an 8 connection. Both SVS and Golden frequently use Lost numbers for various reasons. You seemed to misconstrue this. It wasn't just a flyby mention of the number 8. The word connection was used. I don't think you missed that.

Does that make you bad? Not sure.
Does it make me want to look more closely at your intentions? Yes.
Enrique wrote:
Golden wrote:
Enrique wrote:

This post, juliets. It can be interpreted as "we don't need ALL independents [correction: baddies] dead," but look at that last bit. This is literally the first thing I noticed when I got my role card. That's not how it works. All but three civvie roles NEED to kill indies to even win the game. No matter if they can win with the other nine, the fact is that civvies can't win without indie hunting, and he even proposes just hunting the baddies and leaving the rest to luck. What kind of role card even suggests that? Well, there are three civvie options. And fifteen baddie ones.
I think we're playing a giant game of semantics.

The cops do need the Fugitives dead to win. Yes.
They are not, however, the mafia. I don't think either one of you are advocating for the position the other is accusing each other of having.
Enrique wrote:Okay, look. Killing the mafias isn't enough for nearly all the civvies. It is ABSOLUTELY something that we need to pursue, but there's a lot more to the game, and nobody should dismiss the inmates that easily. S~V~S, we can't lynch the mafia and then the inmates, because when the mafia dies the game ENDS. There are three civvies and ten inmates who can possibly win this way. Just think about that.

That is what I've been trying to say and honestly I don't think it's that complicated.
I don't think people are dismissing the inmates at all. I think you read it that way and are now freaking out.
Enrique wrote:Could we discuss Dom's ridiculous spin for a bit? Regardless of whatever Golden meant in that post, and I'm serious, completely disregarding it. Did anybody read that post and think "oh haha they're talking about the Lost numbers!"? S~V~S confirmed that was the case, and if you did think of that then power to you, but that's not how my brain works. Why then would Dom use that against me? It makes zero sense and it just comes off as an opportunistic attempt to get the ball rolling against me.

Dom, you're free to disagree with any of my views, but seriously, dude? Should I look into every usage of a Lost number in this forum and call out people who don't recognize them? I don't understand. I guess my original point was more along the lines of "cops might use numbers to hint at their roles to recruiters," and there's a very small chance that's gonna happen anymore, but don't tell me it wasn't relevant to the conversation then.

TH, that sig then looks pretty normal to me. "Don't lynch me now, at least let me play a bit." I dunno why he didn't respond but it doesn't say anything to me either.

@linki: but what useful info can we get on the scum? This contradicts your whole attitude re: indies before.
@linki2: again, I'm not focusing specifically on the inmates, but exclusive mafia hunting is a terrible idea for anyone who isn't bad.
WTF
I questioned your motives and now I'm opportunistically trying to lynch you?
Nope.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Like I said I think Enri and Golden have different views on how to achieve similar outcomes. The fact that I don't understand Enrique's suspicion of Golden doesn't make me suspect him, it just makes me think he's wrong.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Dom I'm sorry, I will never take that post seriously. It came out of nowhere and it's one of the dumbest things I've ever been accused of. I'll ask again, how many here read that post and thought oooh Lost?
ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Enrique wrote:Dom I'm sorry, I will never take that post seriously. It came out of nowhere and it's one of the dumbest things I've ever been accused of. I'll ask again, how many here read that post and thought oooh Lost?
What were you accused of?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I voted police departemnt
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Enrique wrote:Well I kinda butchered those quotes, but at the same time they're legible. I'm being completely transparent. That's what I think, and you're just refusing to understand it.
I've understood your perspective fine all along. Except the bit where it's logical to see me as bad... and that I cannot rationalise. And it's THAT that I think makes YOU look bad... not the fact that you want to chase independents, which is logical enough (although also just as in the interests of the baddies). It's why you would think I'm bad because I point out that mafia are the bigger threat? That makes no sense to me.

linki @ enri - well, I think everyone should try and earn it... but lets say you were a cop, how do you find the right inmate?
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

I don't know, what was I accused of? I don't understand it either.

@linki: not by sitting back and ending the game prematurely!!!
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 421

Post by S~V~S »

This was kinda why I brought up that point about the Champs game; it's better for civs to lynch either baddies or indies rather than each other.

I have not seen enough yet to think for sure Enri v. Golden is civ/civ, but neither have I seen anywhere near enough to think either is bad. Disagreement =/= baddieness.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Enrique wrote:
I don't know, what was I accused of? I don't understand it either.

@linki: not by sitting back and ending the game prematurely!!!
Now that was an interesting way to frame what I said.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

You're not buying, but the deal is I wasn't selling anything. That phrase has all sorts of negative implications, over what? What ARE you saying?
ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Enrique wrote:You're not buying, but the deal is I wasn't selling anything. That phrase has all sorts of negative implications, over what? What ARE you saying?
I said that it made me doubt your motives.

Your post did not read as believable to me. It seemed like a desperate jab.

But, please, Enrique, do tell-- what did I accuse you of?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Enrique wrote:Dom I'm sorry, I will never take that post seriously. It came out of nowhere and it's one of the dumbest things I've ever been accused of. I'll ask again, how many here read that post and thought oooh Lost?
I did, but only because I know SVS and Golden.

I think you need to chill out a bit Enri, you're whipping yourself into a panic :P
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Dom wrote:
Enrique wrote:You're not buying, but the deal is I wasn't selling anything. That phrase has all sorts of negative implications, over what? What ARE you saying?
I said that it made me doubt your motives.

Your post did not read as believable to me. It seemed like a desperate jab.

But, please, Enrique, do tell-- what did I accuse you of?
You just said it. You were calling me a liar. Because... what?
ImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Matt wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Matt wrote:

Hrm. What kind of trap?

If you're assuming that going to Arkham might be a positive for the escapees somehow, then tbh, I'd rather go there now then later in the game.

Why did you pick the Docks?
Any kind of trap, I didn't design the game. I'm not assuming that going to Arkham will be a positive for the escapees, only that it won't be a positive for the civilians. Is there a reason why I shouldn't have picked the docks?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

....?

What's your aim here?

I said I don't believe your post was genuine because you know SVS and Golden enough to realize what they were talking about. It makes me doubt your motives. What don't you understand? It wasn't an accusation which is why I find it so strange you used that word.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Turnip Head wrote:

I think you need to chill out a bit Enri, you're whipping yourself into a panic :P
I'm not in a panic. I don't see myself as playing defense right now, but rather, refusing to give credibility to nonsensical posts.

linki: but why wouldn't I be genuine? and why would you expect me to understand that in the first place?
ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Enrique wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:

I'm not in a panic. I don't see myself as playing defense right now, but rather, refusing to give credibility to nonsensical posts.

linki: but why wouldn't I be genuine? and why would you expect me to understand that in the first place?
Am I misunderstanding your post? You were saying you doubt that Golden is police because of what he has said about the inmates, thus you think he is bad. Okay, then you point out a number in the post he makes, thinking it could be a hint.

This did not read as genuine to me given that there was a response between the two of them saying they have a "bond".
Typhoony
I'm an Economist
Posts in topic: 220

Post by Typhoony »

Golden wrote:Looks like you are in the clear sig.

I know I say this and then people still sus me anyway but...

I'm GOING to be quieter this game.

I have a plan for the very few games I can sign up for in the coming months. Arkham was not on that plan. I just started a new role at work, and have heaps of other stuff going on in real life, so I need to be very careful with my time.
How's that working out for you so far Golden? :p
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”