Matt
No votes
MovingPictures07
No votes
S~V~S
No votes
Typhoony
No votes
Billy Dee Williams (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
42%

Total votes: 19
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 144
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Re: Arkham Mafia [ENDGAME]

Post by bea »

also - I just want to add that all things concidered Dom played an amazing game.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 336
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I just want to add I agree about Dom. Amazing game for a head baddie. I would have suspected others for that role before suspecting Dom.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Ricochet »

Isn't he like a baddie role magnet, lately? :p
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 92

Post by DFaraday »

Sorry, Bea, I didn't realize it would bother you that much. :( In Mafia I don't consider anybody off limits, I wouldn't feel like I'm playing fair that way.

You did suspect me a bit, but my main fear at that point was Scotty, since he'd come up with that accurate case on me. But I figured it would be much too obvious to take him out. You were just the right mix of not voicing support for me but also not having gone hard after me.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 724

Post by DharmaHelper »

Typhoony wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote: If Typhoony's guess is incorrect, the first letter of the first word in each sentence of his posts for the next day must spell "E-N-Y-G-M-A" and once he's spelled that out, he cannot add anything to his post.

For example:

Everything is awesoome. Now, what time is it? You'd think I'd know the answer to this riddle, wouldn't you? Not the case, I assure you! Anyway, off I go.
I never guessed, I still got cursed. Also you example does not spell out Enygma nub[/quote]
Not guessing is the same as getting it wrong. Nub.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

MacDougall wrote:Oh I didn't win because I needed Robin dead. Oh well. I'm a true hero blah blah blah.

I didn't google your riddle, I just saw three and hands and was like ... that's a watch.
Hah :scared:

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

bea wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Here's my first riddle, and probably my best tbqh.

Send this to Matt:

Here's a riddle for you! No cheating now, or you'll end up a corpse. I'll be keeping tabs on you, so solve it quickly. Remember, you're in my house now so we're playing by my rules.

I've got wings like a bat, but don't wait.
I've got the walk of a cat, but no gait.

What am I?
Answer:
The answer to the riddle is "A stage" The wings of a stage are where actors and tech crew "wait". Most stages also have a cat walk (walk of a cat). It's also important that you send the WHOLE message, because there are several hints in the first half of the message (cheating, corpse, tabs, house, and playing are all technical terms associated with theatre)

For Matt's curse since he failed to solve this riddle, I made him quote Shakespeare plays. Which was intended to be a hint as to the answer of the riddle.
That is brilliant!!!

As far as a flat out curse goes, I loved it as I read it. OMG - so much Shakespeare fun. For realizies. BEST curse ever. As opposed to your brother's "quote all the ghosts in A Christmas Carol in sequential order." WORST curse ever.

awe...fuck. I should have known. Both of you be damn literate.

Don't know what matt was going on about how we had to help him continue on to be able to solve it, looks like you gave him everything he needed. If only he had eyes to see.

You were a good ed nigma. :D[/quote]

Thanks.

I forgot to mention I also added that if anyone guessed the play he was quoting he had to switch plays and vote for the person who got him all the way through all 30 something plays :P

ImageImage
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 261

Post by sig »

Dom why did you guys kill me. After the moment we shared in Star Wars you should've let me live. :P

Also thanks for the game Epi and LC it was fun.
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 454
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

So Sorsha's the one who poisoned me Night 1...

Revenge is a bitch, Sorsha. :feb:

Just kidding, I don't really revenge target. But still... that was a jerk move. :P
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 150

Post by Epignosis »

You guys do realize that the poisoning was fake, right?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 336
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Yes, that was cruel Epi!! I was so afraid of getting poisoned.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 531

Post by Matt »

bea wrote:Don't know what matt was going on about how we had to help him continue on to be able to solve it
You could read any one of my posts this game and know it is pure, pure, pure bs. Okay, maybe that's not true.

I thought TH was bad because I lied in thread and said Riddler targeted me twice (knock knock and shakespeare), which he didn't. Again, I'm not entirely sure what happened on Night 1/Day 2 regarding the knock knocks.

Anyway, so then TH was cursed two days in a row, and I think he blamed Riddler, and I thought "Well I'm lying, so TH must be lying?" Derp.

Oh yeah, when SVS went after me for Derps, I was trippin' out. Gotta watch that, I think you may be right SVS haha.

Bullz, again, I feel bad dude. I actually thought by targeting you with me, that'd be cool so you could still win even if I was NK'd. Shoulda done that for everyone, tbh.
Image Image Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Matt were you not allowed to pick Harvey Bullock?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 279

Post by Bullzeye »

Matt wrote:
bea wrote:Don't know what matt was going on about how we had to help him continue on to be able to solve it
You could read any one of my posts this game and know it is pure, pure, pure bs. Okay, maybe that's not true.

I thought TH was bad because I lied in thread and said Riddler targeted me twice (knock knock and shakespeare), which he didn't. Again, I'm not entirely sure what happened on Night 1/Day 2 regarding the knock knocks.

Anyway, so then TH was cursed two days in a row, and I think he blamed Riddler, and I thought "Well I'm lying, so TH must be lying?" Derp.

Oh yeah, when SVS went after me for Derps, I was trippin' out. Gotta watch that, I think you may be right SVS haha.

Bullz, again, I feel bad dude. I actually thought by targeting you with me, that'd be cool so you could still win even if I was NK'd. Shoulda done that for everyone, tbh.
You did nothing wrong. I knew I could win with Scarecrow NK'd tbh I just wanted to help the others who specifically needed him lynched. I did think about saying in the thread that I only needed Scarecrow to die so I'd be happy for the baddies to kill him and set me up if nobody wanted to lynch Dom. Obviously that wouldn't have worked out but since I'd have survived a lynch I thought it was a risk worth taking.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 513

Post by Dom »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Also, hell of a game played by Dom. :clap:

You were my first town read, but then you kept nagging at the back of my brain as if I made a mistake so I started questioning your motives, but then you would seem super genuine again, etc. I could never nail you down.
Thank you! My goal, civ or bad, is to have people never be sure enough of me to lynch me nor sure enough to not lynch me.
Bullzeye wrote:
Dom wrote:Wow! Amazing game! Thank you Epi for creating such a fun world. Civvies you kicked ass. Made it very hard for me to see a path to victory. Disappointing that I didn't win, but very good game.

Golden I think it's very clear why I felt so comfortable bussing my team.

DH awesome job with those riddles. My next guess was either gonna be eyeliner or a theater. I blocked you because I suspected you were the riddler but didn't want you to start killing as Epi has hinted might start happening.
I'm sorry you lost. I thought the info I had was pretty straightforward in saying you were Scarecrow. Basically what I was thinking was you, as the Scarecrow, would name a target and name the player they need dead. Then Batman redirects your target to you, and obviously you can't make yourself need yourself dead, so Epi and LC decided to make your target (me) need you dead instead of presumably MP. I just didn't want to be a dick about it so I waited for you to say something I could leap on.
LOL
I appreciate that you waited.
Ya just started a lynch train on the lead baddie, that's all :p

bea wrote: Ya'll should chalk her play up this game as a case study of how a 'nilla civ should play. I kept trying to keep up but couldn't. svs is amazing.
This.
Ricochet wrote:Isn't he like a baddie role magnet, lately? :p
:feb:

I was civ in Game of Champioins :D
sig wrote:Dom why did you guys kill me. After the moment we shared in Star Wars you should've let me live. :P

Also thanks for the game Epi and LC it was fun.
I thought you were civ and I had my work cut out for me if I wanted to eliminate all the civs. As soon as I got a civ read on someone, I killed them.
I was wrong plenty of times, but it was the strategy.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 1015

Post by Golden »

DharmaHelper wrote:Matt were you not allowed to pick Harvey Bullock?
He picked it for me.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Dom wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Isn't he like a baddie role magnet, lately? :p
:feb:

I was civ in Game of Champioins :D
So once in your last four games, is it? Wow rad debunked mythbusted. :p

Game of Champignons? I'd play that. :shrug:
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Golden wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Matt were you not allowed to pick Harvey Bullock?
He picked it for me.
I had Golden pegged as a civ Day One. He was oozing civviness, I thought haha.

Also, I wasn't able to target people with dead roles. At some point, someone asked in thread "Why doesn't Scarecrow just target people with dead roles?" I think, but if I did, the target wouldn't have gone through.

Lol. For about 5 days or so (yes, again, even after Joker was revealed dead), I was convinced Golden was Joker. And because I did the knock knocks, I was convinced he knew I was Scarecrow. That whole time I thought we were working in collusion against the thread haha, but nope apparently not.
Image Image Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I did leave one clue to the fact I was a cop, which I could point back to if I ever really needed to. Being cop 10, and having the opponent of Ra's, I quickly realised the cop numbers related directly to the order of the inmates on the thread.

The reason I forgot that I had theorised sprit was cop one (which TH found so suspicious) is that I genuinely never really thought sprit was cop one and it wasn't why I said it. I only said it to demonstrate my understanding that the cop equivalent of the joker WAS cop one, and before anyone else had ever mentioned the concept in the thread.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Btw, here's something ironic...

Dom was going after Golden quite a bit, and I thought Golden *might* be mafia after his stubborn defense of Bubbles, and I didn't want Golden to die yet because I knew I didn't have enough victims. So I target Dom in the hopes that Dom goes after Scarecrow instead of Golden. Dom reveals he was Scarecrow'd. Everyone lynches Dom for being Scarecrow, game ends, I lose.

XD
Image Image Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:You guys do realize that the poisoning was fake, right?
Yes, but it still freaked me out. :P
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Matt wrote:Btw, here's something ironic...

Dom was going after Golden quite a bit, and I thought Golden *might* be mafia after his stubborn defense of Bubbles, and I didn't want Golden to die yet because I knew I didn't have enough victims. So I target Dom in the hopes that Dom goes after Scarecrow instead of Golden. Dom reveals he was Scarecrow'd. Everyone lynches Dom for being Scarecrow, game ends, I lose.

XD
Yall shoulda listened to me and voted LoRab

ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

XD
I wasn't going to be lynched, Matt! You should have had more faith in me. Even though I'd offered my head up I was pretty sure no-one was going to take me up on it.

Did you target someone on day 5 or did you always skip that day with the idea of keeping the lie in your back pocket?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I don't think I would have been lynched either. I was dipping my toes in the pool of "intentionally" getting lynched for a second there but I think I would have lasted a few phases if I wanted to.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Golden wrote:

XD
I wasn't going to be lynched, Matt! You should have had more faith in me. Even though I'd offered my head up I was pretty sure no-one was going to take me up on it.

Did you target someone on day 5 or did you always skip that day with the idea of keeping the lie in your back pocket?
Actually, I accidentally forgot to send in a PM on Night 5. Then, when coming up with who I was "Scarecrow'd" with, I noticed my first post on Day 6 I was going after MP out of nowhere, and thought "Perfection". I don't even know why I went after MP. Again, anything I posted was pretty much bs (as usual :goofp: )
Image Image Image Image
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 145
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

DharmaHelper wrote:

XD
Yall shoulda listened to me and voted LoRab
No y'all shoudn't have!!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Matt wrote:
Golden wrote:

XD

Actually, I accidentally forgot to send in a PM on Night 5. Then, when coming up with who I was "Scarecrow'd" with, I noticed my first post on Day 6 I was going after MP out of nowhere, and thought "Perfection". I don't even know why I went after MP. Again, anything I posted was pretty much bs (as usual :goofp: )
:haha:

:clap:
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 144
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

DFaraday wrote:Sorry, Bea, I didn't realize it would bother you that much. :( In Mafia I don't consider anybody off limits, I wouldn't feel like I'm playing fair that way.

You did suspect me a bit, but my main fear at that point was Scotty, since he'd come up with that accurate case on me. But I figured it would be much too obvious to take him out. You were just the right mix of not voicing support for me but also not having gone hard after me.

It's all good sweets. Just mafia trash talking. :)
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 513

Post by Dom »

So, Matt, was i right about you or nah? :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Fuck now I have to come out of retirement for the champs game...

ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

DharmaHelper wrote:Fuck now I have to come out of retirement for the champs game...
If you are serious about that retirement shit, then you better come out of it on occasion. A mafia world with no DH would suck. I wanted you in my BSG game :(
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

DharmaHelper wrote:Fuck now I have to come out of retirement for the champs game...
Game of Champignons 2017: Retired Only

Current list:

1. DharmaHelper
2. Heiots
3. moi
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I think you should come out for Mortal Kombat.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 421

Post by S~V~S »

I think he should send me a horrible PM and just not retire :)
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 154
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

You should come on and slam, Dharmahelper
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Like the great Michael Jordan, I think I should stick to retirement this time around.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Dom wrote:So, Matt, was i right about you or nah? :D
:beer:

Funny thing, I really didn't think you were bad at all. Shows what I know. Thanks for not killing me :goofp:

DH and Dom retiring sounds lame.
Image Image Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 870

Post by MacDougall »

Thanks for killing me. Because of the extra time you gave me back to my life I managed to get promoted to Marketing Director of a major Australian real estate business. So ... I am retired because my life is over.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

MacDougall wrote:Thanks for killing me. Because of the extra time you gave me back to my life I managed to get promoted to Marketing Director of a major Australian real estate business. So ... I am retired because my life is over.
:rip:

See you again in a month, Mac.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Congrats on financial upgrade!
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:Congrats on financial upgrade!
What's that?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Mac got a promotion, generally that means $$
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:Mac got a promotion, generally that means $$
No, I mean, "What's a financial upgrade?" I've never heard of such a thing.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Just a way of saying "a raise" that's all. It sounds better than "Yay more money", lol.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:Just a way of saying "a raise" that's all. It sounds better than "Yay more money", lol.
Still a foreign concept to me. :(
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 592
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I'm very sad that I did not win this game :(

Thanks Epi and LC for the good time. Thanks hosts for being evil enough to include false info in the logic puzzle. I was so fucking close, yet so far.

Thanks Mac for coming after me Day 1 :haha:

Thanks Matt for saying I lied about my first curse not being the Riddler's doing, and then thinking I was lying about saying it WAS the Riddler, when I really said the complete opposite. Like what the hell :disappoint:

Thanks Enrique for making me think you were Alfred the first couple of days, only to suddenly accuse me of being Alfred and I was all like WTF! Thanks MM for eventually making me realize you were Alfred, only for you to be NK'ed.

Thanks Sorsha for poisoning me and never "curing" me, I can't believe you did that, I knew your secret the whole game :suspish:

Thanks DH for giving me an impossible riddle and the worst punishment of all time. Chrysanthemums warming fuck you.

I guess we were too good at lynching mafiosos while the inmates were too difficult to get lynched. The only one I managed to get rid of was BR, and she won while I didn't lol.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Oh TH reminds me...

Sorsha accidentally sent her PM to me and TH instead of me and LC. XD

I had to rewrite TH's role to accommodate this unexpected "info."
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I was originally supposed to get Batman BTSC with someone. Following in the grand tradition of LC, I intended to use it on Mac first.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Turnip Head wrote:I'm very sad that I did not win this game :(

Thanks Epi and LC for the good time. Thanks hosts for being evil enough to include false info in the logic puzzle. I was so fucking close, yet so far.

Thanks Mac for coming after me Day 1 :haha:

Thanks Matt for saying I lied about my first curse not being the Riddler's doing, and then thinking I was lying about saying it WAS the Riddler, when I really said the complete opposite. Like what the hell :disappoint:

Thanks Enrique for making me think you were Alfred the first couple of days, only to suddenly accuse me of being Alfred and I was all like WTF! Thanks MM for eventually making me realize you were Alfred, only for you to be NK'ed.

Thanks Sorsha for poisoning me and never "curing" me, I can't believe you did that, I knew your secret the whole game :suspish:

Thanks DH for giving me an impossible riddle and the worst punishment of all time. Chrysanthemums warming fuck you.

I guess we were too good at lynching mafiosos while the inmates were too difficult to get lynched. The only one I managed to get rid of was BR, and she won while I didn't lol.
The anagram website I gave you allowed you to build you own anagrams. You didn't have to keep using chrysanthemums :haha:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I input the phrase you gave me, and every solution that it generated involved chrysanthemums. I didn't realize I could change it :puppy:

Return to “Previous Jobs”