38%

Total votes: 13
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 275
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Grasslands [Game Thread]

Post by Sloonei »

Carotenoid wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:15 am I like Thunal more today.

I'm not sure if everyone understands that the person sent to the grassland only gets to shoot *among* the persons in the grassland? (most voted, least voted, sent by scum)

I think tutuu & nutella are town. I liked Nanook/SPF/nova/LC/JJJ with no particular order.

I have some mixed feelings about Alison. I think that the only thing I really disliked is how she asked Hally why I wasn't on their read list (I thought it was pretty evident that they jsut didn't have a read on me) and then not really followed up when Hally answered that they didn't have a read yet.
There's also no mention of Sloonei in this post. Carot's earlier posts seemed to indicate something resembling a town lean on Sloonei. Where did it go?
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 52

Post by novaselinenever »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:53 pm
Hally wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:51 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:50 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:30 am I've read the thread.

r/IAmA
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:31 am Spoiler alert, it felt more like reading for a book report lol. Having difficulty internalizing much.
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:35 am It kind of feels like playing in a new community. Haven't played with more than half the player list, that's wild.
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:36 am I'm kind of nervous lolol
Ted burns 4 posts in the span of 6 minutes to say virtually nothing. Is this sort of disregard for the post cap more indicative of a town whose nervous energy compels them to post whatever comes to mind, or is it a mafioso trying to look spastic for effect?
what do you think?

linki - town
i don't know. that's why i asked.
Give me your best guess.
Sloonei wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:59 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:10 am It comes from the mentality of a wolf that wants to emphasize on how she gets Sloonei. It's like she wants to put some distance between her and whatever Sloonei did and was scumread for. She doesn't want to misunderstood and be like lumped in with him.

Feel like a townie wouldn't care to make that distinction I think. Or it'll like never come to their thought at all since they'd be posting more naturally and this is usually the byproduct of carefully formatting posts and reviewing the content you put out there on the thread.
Am I carot's partner in this world?
Nope.
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 420

Post by tutuu »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:43 pm I envision tutuu as a mech that can actuate its upper leg rotors to cause her entire mechanical form to spin at a gradually increasing speed until she is spinning so fast that the heat energy generated by the friction with the surrounding atmosphere dismantles nitrogen atoms and reforms them into a molten hot plasma that can be served as pudding to other mechs low on fuel
Awww that is so endearing. ily so much for thinking this for me ... hihihihi *kisses u on the cheek*
novaselinenever
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:07 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:05 pm

r/IAmA
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:31 am Spoiler alert, it felt more like reading for a book report lol. Having difficulty internalizing much.
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:35 am It kind of feels like playing in a new community. Haven't played with more than half the player list, that's wild.
Ted burns 4 posts in the span of 6 minutes to say virtually nothing. Is this sort of disregard for the post cap more indicative of a town whose nervous energy compels them to post whatever comes to mind, or is it a mafioso trying to look spastic for effect?
:noble:
What is your read on me, notedxtrnever?
You're on the good list.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Long Con wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:16 pm
Hally wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:13 pm i have the game poe’d down to jay/sloonei/lc/carrote. not even kidding. like i tr everyone else. and rn im looking at that and going “this cannot possibly be right” so maybe one of my tr’s is wrong but this is where i’m at
Sounds great.
But then this post is just so blunt and blasé about his name being included in an early POE that I almost feel like it's affected. Meh.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Long Con wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:52 pm Okay I would like to partner with SPF
Good choice. U cover each others weaknesses pretty well
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

novaselinenever wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:10 pm

r/IAmA
what do you think?

linki - town
Give me your best guess.
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:10 am It comes from the mentality of a wolf that wants to emphasize on how she gets Sloonei. It's like she wants to put some distance between her and whatever Sloonei did and was scumread for. She doesn't want to misunderstood and be like lumped in with him.

Feel like a townie wouldn't care to make that distinction I think. Or it'll like never come to their thought at all since they'd be posting more naturally and this is usually the byproduct of carefully formatting posts and reviewing the content you put out there on the thread.
Nope.
Your subsequent posts have the feel of a civilian who is working through their reads.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:47 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:40 pm I don't have much of a "town read" on nutella or Alison, but I'm also not sure I'd call them appropriate Day 1 eliminations. nutella still profiles in a pro-town way with her general energy level, and my suspicions of Alison are not highly developed or confident matters. If I move on from them at least temporarily, that leaves me with a relatively tight POE pool. And it's noteworthy enough that Sloonei would be in it. My dude still hasn't done much.
To be clear, that POE pool would look like this:

Sloonei
Long Con
MartinGG99
Carotte

In that way I relate with Hally. I don't have great confidence that three mafia are in this pile. But one or two seems quite likely at least.
I'm having trouble with the exclusion of Alison here while Sloonei is included. While you've said he hasn't done anything that screamed Town to you so far, I don't remember you being pinged by him the same as you were by Alison. What happened here?
novaselinenever
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:14 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:10 pm

r/IAmA
what do you think?

linki - town
Give me your best guess.

Nope.
Your subsequent posts have the feel of a civilian who is working through their reads.
Welcome to the towncore. Ted on 3.
novaselinenever
Hitman

Someone talk to me about spf.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

My candidates for the deep wolf: spf, jjj, nanook
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:31 pm Also, regarding poisoning the well, I think you might have that backwards. In the finale I town read his ass on page one. I also defended him when everyone thought he was scumslipping or something about Jack. He was the one careful about reading me.
And to add to this, the reason I withheld my Jay read in the finale was so that we could see how everyone reacted to him without the perceived "God read" (#downwithjargon) from me. Most of the thread had already commented on me when Jay arrived in this game.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

novaselinenever wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:18 pm Someone talk to me about spf.
She is doing all of the things that she has done in the other two games I've played with her so far. Why do you want to talk about her?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 327
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Sloonei's recent posts don't make me feel any better

Nova is an easy townread. I have enough townreads that I'm confident we can hit mafia in Sloonei/Carotte
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 233
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:04 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:16 am I'm still waiting for my first mafia roll. It sure will be scary when it finally comes.

If I am right that six solid town reads will do the trick, I would say I am halfway+ there: nova, Thunal, SPF, tutuu.

For lower-level town reads: I lean that way well enough on Hally for now. Nanook is fine. If anyone beefs with one of these names, scream at me at the top of your lungs.
I have beef. My name's not here. Not anywhere at all. Sloonei doesn't exist in this post. Why not?
As of that post you'd not done a whole lot. You're trending up.
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:16 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:47 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:40 pm I don't have much of a "town read" on nutella or Alison, but I'm also not sure I'd call them appropriate Day 1 eliminations. nutella still profiles in a pro-town way with her general energy level, and my suspicions of Alison are not highly developed or confident matters. If I move on from them at least temporarily, that leaves me with a relatively tight POE pool. And it's noteworthy enough that Sloonei would be in it. My dude still hasn't done much.
To be clear, that POE pool would look like this:

Sloonei
Long Con
MartinGG99
Carotte

In that way I relate with Hally. I don't have great confidence that three mafia are in this pile. But one or two seems quite likely at least.
I'm having trouble with the exclusion of Alison here while Sloonei is included. While you've said he hasn't done anything that screamed Town to you so far, I don't remember you being pinged by him the same as you were by Alison. What happened here?
I explained this in the quote embedded within the quote. To put it more simply: I often don't even take my own day 1 "pings" seriously. If I have them I share them and explore them, but they don't tend to play the biggest role in my initial solving process. I don't trust Day 1 suspicions to be well-founded, not even my own.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:20 pm Sloonei's recent posts don't make me feel any better

Nova is an easy townread. I have enough townreads that I'm confident we can hit mafia in Sloonei/Carotte
What's missing?
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Oh yea i just thought of this

[mention]JaggedJimmyJay[/mention] jimbo jax jeraldo, u said how alison had the false bravado thing, what about nook?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I think her process so far has had the right look, and it has resonated with me once or twice in ways that reflected our shared town alignments in three champs games.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:21 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:16 am I'm still waiting for my first mafia roll. It sure will be scary when it finally comes.

If I am right that six solid town reads will do the trick, I would say I am halfway+ there: nova, Thunal, SPF, tutuu.

For lower-level town reads: I lean that way well enough on Hally for now. Nanook is fine. If anyone beefs with one of these names, scream at me at the top of your lungs.
I have beef. My name's not here. Not anywhere at all. Sloonei doesn't exist in this post. Why not?
Not even enough to have been a "lower-level town read"?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

tutuu wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:22 pm Oh yea i just thought of this

@JaggedJimmyJay jimbo jax jeraldo, u said how alison had the false bravado thing, what about nook?
I didn't get the same impression from Nanook, particularly given that his "bravado" (e.g. the just give me the gun stuff) didn't take the shape of a read on anyone. It was just general conceit in his usual form. What I like more about Nanook is that I think his reads look authentic -- especially his hard town read on novaselinenever, which preceded the general consensus we're seeing on nova now.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:26 pm

I was specifically aiming for six names, so no you didn't make that cut.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

changing my phantom-town-vote to spf
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

sloonei's tone is just wrong, I wish I could explain it better. it's like his posts are stilted, though that's not quite the right word. and it kind of feels like he's throwing out townreads to counteract it and look like he's solving. I also didn't like his hedge on LC
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:27 pm

Fair enough I guess, I didn't realize we were at capacity.

Why is Thunal there?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

he also seems way more personally affronted at being suspected than usual
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
novaselinenever
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:20 pm
She is doing all of the things that she has done in the other two games I've played with her so far. Why do you want to talk about her?
She seems to be a strong consensus TR, I'm not there yet so I wanted to here about that. I'm actually not sure where I am at at all and I have no idea why lol.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:30 pm sloonei's tone is just wrong, I wish I could explain it better. it's like his posts are stilted, though that's not quite the right word. and it kind of feels like he's throwing out townreads to counteract it and look like he's solving. I also didn't like his hedge on LC
This post could be a direct copy & paste from multiple previous games.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:31 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:27 pm

Fair enough I guess, I didn't realize we were at capacity.

Why is Thunal there?
like..... why the indignance? how did you fail to understand that he was specifically going for six names? that should have been extremely evident if you had read the post or several other jay posts around it. yes I did a similar thing last night being annoyed that I wasn't in jay's list of townreads but I explained why I felt I deserved it over others whereas you seem to think it's your birthright for jay to townread you
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:31 pm Why is Thunal there?
I think the means by which Thunal has arrived at and developed their town reads have been believable and authentic, and per Hally it meshes with their usual town solving approach too. What do you think of Thunal?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

novaselinenever
Hitman

nutella wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:20 pm Nova is an easy townread.
:pout:
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:32 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:30 pm sloonei's tone is just wrong, I wish I could explain it better. it's like his posts are stilted, though that's not quite the right word. and it kind of feels like he's throwing out townreads to counteract it and look like he's solving. I also didn't like his hedge on LC
you're not answering my gripes you're just discrediting me by pointing out that I've wrongly suspected you in other games

I don't care about other games I care about this one

be more towny
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

novaselinenever wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:33 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:20 pm Nova is an easy townread.
:pout:
you and ted are actually pretty similar lol
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Thunal-on-Carotte is the weirdest thing in the game so far.
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:39 am
Carotenoid wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:28 am I don't get the commotion about Sloonei tbh, I believe that he believes in his read. :P
Me neither tbh, I looked at Sloonei's ISO and the only suspicious thing I could find is a coffee tell ish thing about him posting 2 posts in a row about being distracted and tired but that's really tiny. His read on Nutella looks fine to me. I'll wait for his thoughts in the morning to actually try to read him. In champs finals (which is the only time I've seen him play) he definitely tried hard and was logical but he didn't have the same obvious town energy that, say, SPF or JJJ did so it might be hard to read him.
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:17 am

I'm not sure if everyone understands that the person sent to the grassland only gets to shoot *among* the persons in the grassland? (most voted, least voted, sent by scum)

I think tutuu & nutella are town. I liked Nanook/SPF/nova/LC/JJJ with no particular order.

I have some mixed feelings about Alison. I think that the only thing I really disliked is how she asked Hally why I wasn't on their read list (I thought it was pretty evident that they jsut didn't have a read on me) and then not really followed up when Hally answered that they didn't have a read yet.
What do you think town!Alison would follow up that read with? I don't follow up on every question that I ask that's been answered in a light game since I don't want to waste a post saying "oh, okay" if that would be my answer.
A fairly uneventful back-and-forth between them. Thunal doesn't have much to say about Carot, but carot town-reads Thunal.

Thunal33 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:12 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:25 am I ran through Thunal's posts to check out my town-inclined intuition. I like the progressions/language of their reads. I have one question for @Thunal33: any suspects? You've given town credit to Martin, Alison, nutella, and Hally (perhaps among others if I missed them). I appreciate POE work; I just don't know your game. Perhaps you can chirp in too @Hally -- do you associate that kind of POE-centric methodology with Thunal?
Yes, I tend to make townreads first and it's hard for me to find suspects early on. I mainly have Sloonei as "not a townread or townlean" rather than a suspect, same with Carotte.
Thunal gives a fairly hedgy read on Carotte, in conjunction with Sloonei. This is Thunal making a direct statement related to the alignment of the player he identifies as "Carotte". It is not pointedly negative, but it is also very distinctly not a positive read either. "Not positive" would be the primary takeaway here in my opinion.
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:28 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:20 pm
Hally wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:09 pm why carotte?
Primarily process of elimination with a pinch of I don't think she looks very comfortable.
Hally wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:09 pm why have i dropped down for you?
It's less that you've "dropped" than those four have become more solidified civilian reads. Gun to my head you're town too. If I have one gripe for you it's that I don't know that you've been fair in your assessment of my treatment of Sloonei. I said myself that I wanted to let him speak for himself. You asked me a specific question though, and I did you the courtesy of answering it -- so to say that I have given him an out somehow on that basis is a bit goofy.
Also, how can I find Carotte's posts? I wanted to ISO her but I 'm having a hard time finding her posts in the thread. Is there an easier way to find a post of hers so I can ISO?
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:35 pm Oops I didn't realize Carotte was Carotenoid, I thought Carotte was a completely different player. I think Carotte looks okay so far, I like that she reevaluated on me. I have more of a "wait and see" read on both her and Sloonei, I think they'll become more readable later on.
But then he reveals that the player he was identifying as Carotte doesn't actually exist: he didn't realize that "Carotte" was shortform for "Carotenoid", and that she looks "okay so far". So... what did the nonexistent player called "Carotte" do to earn that "not a townread" mention earlier? Who was that referring to if not Carotenoid, and why?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:33 pm like..... why the indignance? how did you fail to understand that he was specifically going for six names? that should have been extremely evident if you had read the post or several other jay posts around it. yes I did a similar thing last night being annoyed that I wasn't in jay's list of townreads but I explained why I felt I deserved it over others whereas you seem to think it's your birthright for jay to townread you
Jay had been sticking up for me earlier, and our general association is documented beyond the need to be mentioned at all. It was noteworthy to me that I was absent from his list of town reads.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Thunal is a she. And I think you're overblowing the weirdness of that, I just assumed she hadn't realized about the name and didn't particularly remember anything from Carotte hence not having a townread on her lol. It's not the type of inconsistency I'm concerned with. Do you think there's something scum indicative about it?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:34 pm
you're not answering my gripes you're just discrediting me by pointing out that I've wrongly suspected you in other games

be more towny
I am being town right now, nutella. But that post probably didn't need to exist. I'm just being a grump. Grumpy and town.

Is LC mafia?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:44 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:33 pm like..... why the indignance? how did you fail to understand that he was specifically going for six names? that should have been extremely evident if you had read the post or several other jay posts around it. yes I did a similar thing last night being annoyed that I wasn't in jay's list of townreads but I explained why I felt I deserved it over others whereas you seem to think it's your birthright for jay to townread you
Jay had been sticking up for me earlier, and our general association is documented beyond the need to be mentioned at all. It was noteworthy to me that I was absent from his list of town reads.
He stuck up for you on that one point, but never actually said he townread you and made it pretty clear he didn't, fmpov.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:46 pm

be more towny
I am being town right now, nutella. But that post probably didn't need to exist. I'm just being a grump. Grumpy and town.

Is LC mafia?
No.

You want him to be in the POE and I refuse to allow for that at the moment. Deal with it.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:46 pm Thunal is a she. And I think you're overblowing the weirdness of that, I just assumed she hadn't realized about the name and didn't particularly remember anything from Carotte hence not having a townread on her lol. It's not the type of inconsistency I'm concerned with. Do you think there's something scum indicative about it?
Sorry Thunal!

I am wary of the progression and want to highlight it. I could see it coming from scum, but it doesn't need to. I want Thunal to respond to it before I say more.

You are either in a tunnel or pretending to be. If you want me to prove that I am town, let me do my thing.

how is there so much linki in a light game?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:49 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:46 pm Is LC mafia?
No.
Why not?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

General takes on Martin would be appreciated.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Thunal33
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 313
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Thunal33 »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:43 pm Thunal-on-Carotte is the weirdest thing in the game so far.
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:39 am
Carotenoid wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:28 am I don't get the commotion about Sloonei tbh, I believe that he believes in his read. :P
Me neither tbh, I looked at Sloonei's ISO and the only suspicious thing I could find is a coffee tell ish thing about him posting 2 posts in a row about being distracted and tired but that's really tiny. His read on Nutella looks fine to me. I'll wait for his thoughts in the morning to actually try to read him. In champs finals (which is the only time I've seen him play) he definitely tried hard and was logical but he didn't have the same obvious town energy that, say, SPF or JJJ did so it might be hard to read him.
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:17 am

What do you think town!Alison would follow up that read with? I don't follow up on every question that I ask that's been answered in a light game since I don't want to waste a post saying "oh, okay" if that would be my answer.
A fairly uneventful back-and-forth between them. Thunal doesn't have much to say about Carot, but carot town-reads Thunal.

Thunal33 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:12 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:25 am I ran through Thunal's posts to check out my town-inclined intuition. I like the progressions/language of their reads. I have one question for @Thunal33: any suspects? You've given town credit to Martin, Alison, nutella, and Hally (perhaps among others if I missed them). I appreciate POE work; I just don't know your game. Perhaps you can chirp in too @Hally -- do you associate that kind of POE-centric methodology with Thunal?
Yes, I tend to make townreads first and it's hard for me to find suspects early on. I mainly have Sloonei as "not a townread or townlean" rather than a suspect, same with Carotte.
Thunal gives a fairly hedgy read on Carotte, in conjunction with Sloonei. This is Thunal making a direct statement related to the alignment of the player he identifies as "Carotte". It is not pointedly negative, but it is also very distinctly not a positive read either. "Not positive" would be the primary takeaway here in my opinion.
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:28 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:20 pm
Hally wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:09 pm why carotte?
Primarily process of elimination with a pinch of I don't think she looks very comfortable.
Hally wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:09 pm why have i dropped down for you?
It's less that you've "dropped" than those four have become more solidified civilian reads. Gun to my head you're town too. If I have one gripe for you it's that I don't know that you've been fair in your assessment of my treatment of Sloonei. I said myself that I wanted to let him speak for himself. You asked me a specific question though, and I did you the courtesy of answering it -- so to say that I have given him an out somehow on that basis is a bit goofy.
Also, how can I find Carotte's posts? I wanted to ISO her but I 'm having a hard time finding her posts in the thread. Is there an easier way to find a post of hers so I can ISO?
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:35 pm Oops I didn't realize Carotte was Carotenoid, I thought Carotte was a completely different player. I think Carotte looks okay so far, I like that she reevaluated on me. I have more of a "wait and see" read on both her and Sloonei, I think they'll become more readable later on.
But then he reveals that the player he was identifying as Carotte doesn't actually exist: he didn't realize that "Carotte" was shortform for "Carotenoid", and that she looks "okay so far". So... what did the nonexistent player called "Carotte" do to earn that "not a townread" mention earlier? Who was that referring to if not Carotenoid, and why?
I thought Carotte was a person that posted a small amount to say hi then left. I got that takeaway from the thread but I couldn't find the post itself.
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I'll try not to tunnel but your responses just keep pinging me. Your gripe with Thunal fit the bill for a fabricated read made by mafia imo. But yes I am a bit confbiased and will sit back for a while and let you produce more original content.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

be more towny

Is LC mafia?
No.

You want him to be in the POE and I refuse to allow for that at the moment. Deal with it.
Why not? I don't think LC's done anything towny. Do you actually townread or townlean him or do you just not want him to be the d1 elim?
ImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

be more towny
omg i love the assertive tone here nutella

can u pls be assertive like that to me too?

command me to do something pls pls pls
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Thunal33 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:52 pm

be more towny

Is LC mafia?
No.

Why not? I don't think LC's done anything towny. Do you actually townread or townlean him or do you just not want him to be the d1 elim?
Light townlean. I have enough stronger townreads that he'd be in a longer term broader POE but he's absolutely not in my "priority" POE. LC is a tough player to read but I think his tone so far is more likely his town self.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

nutella wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:27 pm changing my phantom-town-vote to spf
Yeah, I think Sloonei seems defensive and I dislike the fact that he took issue with not being one of JJJ's townreads despite him not doing much at that point. His "case" on me doesn't feel right either. Yes, I got confused and thought there was a player in the game that actually didn't exist (a player with the username Carotte here). I gave that nonexistent player a null read because I thought they posted almost nothing, that's not inconsistent.
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:49 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:46 pm Thunal is a she. And I think you're overblowing the weirdness of that, I just assumed she hadn't realized about the name and didn't particularly remember anything from Carotte hence not having a townread on her lol. It's not the type of inconsistency I'm concerned with. Do you think there's something scum indicative about it?
Sorry Thunal!

I am wary of the progression and want to highlight it. I could see it coming from scum, but it doesn't need to. I want Thunal to respond to it before I say more.

You are either in a tunnel or pretending to be. If you want me to prove that I am town, let me do my thing.

how is there so much linki in a light game?
"or pretending to be"? Can you elaborate on your read on Nutella?
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

Am I the only one town reading Sloonei lol?
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

town votes:
tutuu - 2 - alison, tutuu
spf - 2 - hally, nutella

scum votes:
sloonei - 3 - alison, nutella, tutuu
carotte - 2 - hally, JJJ
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:35 pm My imaginary vote thingy is on Carotte.
pls color the vote or ping me cuz otherwise i might miss it!!!

Return to “Previous Rackets”