Total votes: 13
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 327
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: Grasslands [Game Thread]

Post by nutella »

Hally wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:13 pm
tutuu wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:57 pm now martin has 2 fucking votes jesus fucking christ...

i mean it doesnt matter i guess but this is pissing me off

@Hally why did u vote everyone because you single hadnedly decided spf should get the gun? what happened to the plan?

sloonei i voted for myself
i didn’t decide that. i put everyone at one vote. that is effectively like everyone having no votes. now we can all decide who should have the least. i dont get what the issue is
This. It was just to level the field again. I seriously don't understand why y'all are flipping out.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 447
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

Alison wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:10 pm Oh right before I go to bed I will ask Hally this: you seemed to be very cognizant of the power of not diluting votes earlier (can't remember whether it was signup thread or early in the game) and mentioned that a mafia member voted all three wagons as a smokescreen the last time you played this setup. Why are you so sure that SPF is better than everyone else to the point of diluting your own vote to push her in?
i didn’t vote everyone specifically to give spf the gun. i voted everyone so it would be an option again. i would like spf to have the gun, or at least to have people consider giving her the gun, but she doesn’t have to get it. i just don’t want her barred from getting it because she self-voted when she shouldn’t have. that’s all

re: diluting votes - it doesn’t matter for this purpose. everyone knows that my votes on everyone are just a mechanical formality and shouldn’t be weighed
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Alison wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:16 pm
tutuu wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:57 pm now martin has 2 fucking votes jesus fucking christ...

@Hally why did u vote everyone because you single hadnedly decided spf should get the gun? what happened to the plan?

i didn’t decide that. i put everyone at one vote. that is effectively like everyone having no votes. now we can all decide who should have the least. i dont get what the issue is
The issue is that by voting everyone you are removing both the weight and accountability of your own vote. If you increment everyone's votes by one then your real vote on Carotte is cancelled out. Basically you robbed yourself of a vote here in order to cancel out SPF's selfvote. Why do that? Why not just let tutuu or someone else who isn't SPF have the gun? Is tutuu or nova or whoever that much worse of a doc?
I don't care about this, Hally is clearly supportive enough of the carotte elim to claim equal credit in it.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Alison wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:13 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:08 pm
tutuu wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:04 pm
MartinGG99 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:01 pm Wait, I wasn't supposed to vote myself after hally voted us all?

I'm lost....oh well.
it was unnecessary but hally had no place bringing chaos in the first place by voting absolutely everyone
I don't think there's any reason to be mad at them, it makes total sense since they wanted spf to be lowest and they're compensating for that. We can always add more votes to balance it. There's no problem here, it's gonna be fine. Chill. Pls.
The plan was to come to a consensus on who gets the gun through phantom voting and then guarantee that consensus is carried out by realvoting, not to unilaterally make a decision on who should get the gun.

I'm not like super mad at this since SPF was in my doc pool as well but I do think tutuu/nova/Martin were better choices so I'm at least mildly irritated.
yes, but you already broke that plan by telling spf to self vote before we had actually reached a consensus that she shouldn’t have it
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 275
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

MartinGG99 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:17 pm
Hally wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:10 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:51 pm Why are we giving the gun to spf?
why shouldn’t we?
Honestly, I've been wanting to give the town vote to Tutuu because not only
1. They're towny (as far as I can tell at the moment), but also
2. I feel like they're partially unpredictable more than other players, and that can be a lucrative kill for scum at times

I can recognize though, that if SPF is town, they can represent a strong threat as well as some other players. We have to choose someone though. And I would like that to be Tutuu, but I have no qualms if it has to be SPF instead. As for others, unless we're talking Thunal33 (which I don't see a whole lot consensus on using a doc save on), they don't have enough of my trust to receive the heal or gun or whatever it is called.
I hadn't been considering the protection element here. I was only thinking of it as bestowing a gun on one person, and that doesn't really matter that much because any result other than the one we arrive at by consensus will be met with extreme scrutiny.

I wouldn't mind protecting spf.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Alison wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:16 pm

The issue is that by voting everyone you are removing both the weight and accountability of your own vote. If you increment everyone's votes by one then your real vote on Carotte is cancelled out. Basically you robbed yourself of a vote here in order to cancel out SPF's selfvote. Why do that? Why not just let tutuu or someone else who isn't SPF have the gun? Is tutuu or nova or whoever that much worse of a doc?
because that’s what i wanted to do. my suspicion on carotte is well documented. i don’t care about diluting my vote on her because she’ll have the most still
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 185
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

I've decided that it's too late for this shit, I'm going to do what I said I would and go to sleep, and I don't want to wake up to see that more mechanics nonsense has transpired.

linki: the vote matters because Carotte might not actually get exed here. We have nfc how LC, nanook, nova, Martin etc. will vote. If Carotte is scum and we miss out on exeing her by one vote this move will have shot us in the foot.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:15 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:14 pm Honestly the contrast between spf carelessly self voting versus tutuu absolutely flipping out about someone besides herself getting preferred for the save just makes me want to save spf even more over tutuu. Sorry.
is this an assessment of their alignments?
Eh, for spf yes I guess. I still think tutuu is probably town but her reaction here does set me off a bit and makes me trust her slightly less. But I think it's mostly just heat of the moment annoyance and probably not nefarious. Shrug
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Alison wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:23 pm I've decided that it's too late for this shit, I'm going to do what I said I would and go to sleep, and I don't want to wake up to see that more mechanics nonsense has transpired.

linki: the vote matters because Carotte might not actually get exed here. We have nfc how LC, nanook, nova, Martin etc. will vote. If Carotte is scum and we miss out on exeing her by one vote this move will have shot us in the foot.
Hally can still add a vote to carotte as well. The wagon is ahead enough that I'm not at all worried.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:21 pm
MartinGG99 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:17 pm
Hally wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:10 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:51 pm Why are we giving the gun to spf?
why shouldn’t we?
Honestly, I've been wanting to give the town vote to Tutuu because not only
1. They're towny (as far as I can tell at the moment), but also
2. I feel like they're partially unpredictable more than other players, and that can be a lucrative kill for scum at times

I can recognize though, that if SPF is town, they can represent a strong threat as well as some other players. We have to choose someone though. And I would like that to be Tutuu, but I have no qualms if it has to be SPF instead. As for others, unless we're talking Thunal33 (which I don't see a whole lot consensus on using a doc save on), they don't have enough of my trust to receive the heal or gun or whatever it is called.
I hadn't been considering the protection element here. I was only thinking of it as bestowing a gun on one person, and that doesn't really matter that much because any result other than the one we arrive at by consensus will be met with extreme scrutiny.

I wouldn't mind protecting spf.
yes. its not a “gun.” we are the gun. we decide who the person kills. sending them to the grasslands is so that a widely trusted player can’t be killed by mafia
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:23 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:14 pm Honestly the contrast between spf carelessly self voting versus tutuu absolutely flipping out about someone besides herself getting preferred for the save just makes me want to save spf even more over tutuu. Sorry.
Eh, for spf yes I guess. I still think tutuu is probably town but her reaction here does set me off a bit and makes me trust her slightly less. But I think it's mostly just heat of the moment annoyance and probably not nefarious. Shrug
What is scum tutuu's mindset here?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Alison wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:23 pm I've decided that it's too late for this shit, I'm going to do what I said I would and go to sleep, and I don't want to wake up to see that more mechanics nonsense has transpired.

she’s getting exed, dont worry

[VOTE: carotte] aubergine
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

carotte has six votes. nobody else will have more than like two or three. this is really unwarranted
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:25 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:23 pm
What is scum tutuu's mindset here?
The main argument is one that Martin has pointed out, that scum want to secure the save for the excuse of not dying and the free range to kill anyone else.

On that note, the low poster tiebreaker is currently on Nanook, and I actually don't think I'm super comfortable with that. I would very much like us to end up adding more votes to secure it on spf.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I'm leaving in a half hour. I won't be here for the final hour, so any last minute vote maneuvering for the protection will be out of my hands.

I can put a vote on Carot. That seems to be the consensus, at least, and I don't have reason to object. But I would like to present other options just in case, so I may look for a couple of alternatives. I still have a phantom vote on LC and would not mind it if his name remained in the conversation, though there is probably even less substance in his posts than Carot's.

I have grown suddenly wary of Alison in the last few minutes. It might just be indigestion. I don't know.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 94
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I don't think Hally did anything wrong, certainly not "causing chaos". I was surprised to look at the poll and suddenly see so many votes, but that's about it. It makes sense. I didn't like tutuu and Alison causing an uproar about it.

I support the SPF initiative. Should I put a vote on everyone but her? Or just Nanook?
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

the end vote count in the poll doesn’t matter. it’s just a mechanical formality to get the desired two people to the grasslands. however we make that happen at the end of the day is fine. we already have a record of where people stand from the phantom votes
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Long Con wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:29 pm I don't think Hally did anything wrong, certainly not "causing chaos". I was surprised to look at the poll and suddenly see so many votes, but that's about it. It makes sense. I didn't like tutuu and Alison causing an uproar about it.

I support the SPF initiative. Should I put a vote on everyone but her? Or just Nanook?
Why do you support spf?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Hally wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:29 pm the end vote count in the poll doesn’t matter. it’s just a mechanical formality to get the desired two people to the grasslands. however we make that happen at the end of the day is fine. we already have a record of where people stand from the phantom votes
I thought the poll was the only thing that matters at the end of the day.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:31 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:29 pm I don't think Hally did anything wrong, certainly not "causing chaos". I was surprised to look at the poll and suddenly see so many votes, but that's about it. It makes sense. I didn't like tutuu and Alison causing an uproar about it.

Why do you support spf?
Some of it is the general osmosis of goodwill toward her, and some of it is that I chose her as a partner in that meaningless battle thingy.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Long Con wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:31 pm
Hally wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:29 pm the end vote count in the poll doesn’t matter. it’s just a mechanical formality to get the desired two people to the grasslands. however we make that happen at the end of the day is fine. we already have a record of where people stand from the phantom votes
I thought the poll was the only thing that matters at the end of the day.
it matters obviously, but not in the way a normal vote count does because the mechanics are different. it matters only in so far as we get a vote count that ensures the desired two people are going to the grasslands
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Long Con wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:32 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:31 pm

Why do you support spf?
Some of it is the general osmosis of goodwill toward her, and some of it is that I chose her as a partner in that meaningless battle thingy.
Who else do you trust? Who do you distrust?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

i apologize if i wrecked what others thought the agreed upon plan was? but i think it’s completely unwarranted to say i’ve unilaterally decided to send spf or that by voting everyone im somehow making carotte’s elimination less likely. neither of those things are true
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

i’d prefer it if we could talk about who we actually want to send
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

and in the future, people should not make real votes until closer to EoD, either self votes or otherwise. this way we can avoid messy things like this
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Something is bothering me about Alison in the last few minutes but I don't know what.

These posts:
Alison wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:56 pm I'm caught up. Ruling out Thunal/Sloonei for now, which looks decent for Thunal.

Hally, the plan was for everyone to self vote to make us all have one, except the person who gets the gun. Why'd you do that?

Also I've changed my mind, I want Martin to have the gun.
Alison wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:01 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:57 pm
Alison wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:56 pm I'm caught up. Ruling out Thunal/Sloonei for now, which looks decent for Thunal.

Hally, the plan was for everyone to self vote to make us all have one, except the person who gets the gun. Why'd you do that?

Also I've changed my mind, I want Martin to have the gun.
Was Thunal/Sloonei a viable pairing? Why has that changed?
I was asked about possible wolfpairs in my POE of Thunal, Carotte and Sloonei. This would be a very weird context to bus Thunal in if you are partners, so I'm soft clearing that possibility.
Alison wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:06 pm I need to sleep. I don't think Carotte dismissing the concerns around Sloonei = not buddies. I can see worlds where Carotte is annoyed that people are suspecting her scum buddy for the wrong reasons and just gives a dismissive "come on guys this is really not a big deal" to brush it off.

I think I've ruled out Sloonei as my vote for today because JJJ is backing him up and he's been doing some decent solving lately. I don't think Sloonei can solo push a Thunal wagon to completion in 4 hours with both nutella and Hally strongly against, so I'd rather [VOTE: Carotte] aubergine.

I'm heading to bed now.
Maybe associative reads like this are just a thing that she does, or maybe I'm missing crucial context (she mentions that she was specifically asked about pairings), but she seems to be giving these things more weight than I am comfortable with, if that makes sense.

I particularly felt a bit of inconsistency in her handling of Sloonei/Thunal: first she rules us out because "This would be a very weird context [for Sloonei] to bus Thunal." But then later she adds, "I don't think Sloonei can solo push a Thunal wagon to completion." If Wolf Sloonei can't get Thunal chopped today, why is it impossible for Wolf Sloonei's push on Thunal to be a calculated distancing ploy?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Hally wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:39 pm i’d prefer it if we could talk about who we actually want to send
GTH, what's alison's alignment?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:44 pm
Hally wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:39 pm i’d prefer it if we could talk about who we actually want to send
right now, at this very moment in time? you reeeeally wanna know? really really?
gth, she’s mafia
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Hally wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:55 pm
right now, at this very moment in time? you reeeeally wanna know? really really?
gth, she’s mafia
I was about to be encouraged by this, but then I remembered that time you supported my Day 1 tinfoil on Phighter and now I’m scared and confused.

Why is she mafia, Hally!?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 233
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

k hi hello sup bloods
Overall: 75-57 (.56) | Town 50-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 7-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei do you object to SPF receiving the gun?

I want the gun and I feel like people have put their dang tinfoil away so maybe I can get a dang gun hey how bout it :meany:
Overall: 75-57 (.56) | Town 50-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 7-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:59 pm k hi hello sup bloods
Alison is mafia. Why or why not?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:01 pm Sloonei do you object to SPF receiving the gun?

I want the gun and I feel like people have put their dang tinfoil away so maybe I can get a dang gun hey how bout it :meany:
I don’t really object to anyone getting the gun.

I don’t object to spf receiving the protection afforded by the grasslands. I would ordinarily be okay giving you that protection, but said tinfoil may do the trick just as well.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:01 pm
I've been giving her gripes much of Day 1, so sure. I've found a number of her reads to seem fake or otherwise reach beyond the realms of reasonable sleuthing (e.g. her takes on Thunal). I am not super confident about it, but it's a read.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DOES ANYONE OBJECT TO SPF RECEIVING THE FEWEST VOTES?

I make the letters big because clearly folks were displeased about voting hoopla last hour, so let's just get it sorted a'ight. Maybe y'all did already and I haven't seen it yet

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:04 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:01 pm
I've been giving her gripes much of Day 1, so sure. I've found a number of her reads to seem fake or otherwise reach beyond the realms of reasonable sleuthing (e.g. her takes on Thunal). I am not super confident about it, but it's a read.
What do you think of my gripe stated above?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:06 pm DOES ANYONE OBJECT TO SPF RECEIVING THE FEWEST VOTES?

I make the letters big because clearly folks were displeased about voting hoopla last hour, so let's just get it sorted a'ight. Maybe y'all did already and I haven't seen it yet
If not spf then I’d go for Hally or tutuu. I don’t mind protecting any of those three.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:57 pm
gth, she’s mafia
I was about to be encouraged by this, but then I remembered that time you supported my Day 1 tinfoil on Phighter and now I’m scared and confused.

a few things kinda ping me

- i don’t like her treatment of carotte. specifically, i dislike how alison threw shade on carotte early and then never followed up with it at all even when carotte started to get heat. instead she started trying to push thun for reasons i don’t agree with. then when i asked her where she stood on carotte she gave a very noncommittal answer that was like “carotte is still in my poe but i suspect sloonei and thun more but...” but then she votes carotte anyway, so ok. but why was there such a long gap where she didn’t talk about carotte at all? it doesn’t make sense to me that town!alison would be suspicious of carotte early and then completely drop that suspicion until i directly ask about it

- i dont really like her poe of three (you/carotte/thun) because i think there’s ~never more than one mafia in that group

- i generally find her presence to be kinda lacking outside of her push on thun, which was like weirdly aggressive all lf a sudden? idk im just not getting like obvtown vibes from alison here
MartinGG99
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 238
Preferred Pronouns: He/him
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:06 pm DOES ANYONE OBJECT TO SPF RECEIVING THE FEWEST VOTES?

I have no objections to SPF or Tutuu receiving the lowest vote count.

If I were a deciding factor between the two, I would say Tutuu.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[VOTE: alison] aubergine
[VOTE: Caortenoid] aubergine
[VOTE: Long Con] aubergine

All three of those are players I’d be comfortable putting suspicion on right now. It seems like carot is going to be the “winner” here though. I’m leaving momentarily. Keep doing things, hooray.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

no objections. i’d prefer spf be sent
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

i think someone should vote sloonei, jay and nook because although i do think they’re ~probably all town at this point, they aren’t widely tr enough that scum would shoot them, so it doesn’t make sense for them to get protected
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Hally wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:22 pm i think someone should vote sloonei, jay and nook because although i do think they’re ~probably all town at this point, they aren’t widely tr enough that scum would shoot them, so it doesn’t make sense for them to get protected
I'll do it

[VOTE: sloonei] aubergine
[VOTE: jay] aubergine
[VOTE: nanook] aubergine

Leaves you, me, nova, and spf. Tutuu is at two so if we want her we'll have to finagle a bit more
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Thunal33
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 313

Post by Thunal33 »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:49 pm This post from Hally has stuck with me:
Hally wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:34 pm not actually here but i thought of another question i have for @Sloonei

your response to the pressure on you in the wall you posted focused on try to find bad faith pushes. but im also curious to hear your takes on who is not pushing you. specifically, what do you think of carotte’s reaction to the pressure on you? what about jay’s? or anyone else who is noteworthy iyo

ime when a villager (and particularly a very strong player like yourself) is getting early heat, scum is often not in the early pushers but is instead found in those that don’t take a stance/try to have it both ways or those who tr the suspected person/try to white knight or pocket them. if you’re a villager you have a very unique and valuable pov on that and i’d like to see you explore that angle too

if you’ve already done this since i last posted, disregard and i’ll see it later :hug:
I have not gotten around to digging into this, but it's stayed on my mind over the last ~24 hours. Not actively; I'm not scouring the thread looking for opportunism directed at me. But it's been in the back of my mind. And there is a little siren going off back there when I see Thunal's progression on Sloonei.

Early on she's not quite there yet, but appears to be leaving the door open.

Later on, however, when the Sloonei pressure feels (to me) like it's becoming more viable, Thunal hops on board:
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:58 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:30 pm sloonei's tone is just wrong, I wish I could explain it better. it's like his posts are stilted, though that's not quite the right word. and it kind of feels like he's throwing out townreads to counteract it and look like he's solving. I also didn't like his hedge on LC
Yeah, I think Sloonei seems defensive and I dislike the fact that he took issue with not being one of JJJ's townreads despite him not doing much at that point. His "case" on me doesn't feel right either. Yes, I got confused and thought there was a player in the game that actually didn't exist (a player with the username Carotte here). I gave that nonexistent player a null read because I thought they posted almost nothing, that's not inconsistent.
To be fair, this does come shortly after I stated my previous concern with Thunal re: her treatment of Carot. Thunal's response to that can be found here. It's short, but I don't object to it. That's a believable explanation for the slip up. But that still doesn't tell me much about Thunal's alignment.

From here on, though, Thunal feels like she becomes much more critical of me:
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:59 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:49 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:46 pm Thunal is a she. And I think you're overblowing the weirdness of that, I just assumed she hadn't realized about the name and didn't particularly remember anything from Carotte hence not having a townread on her lol. It's not the type of inconsistency I'm concerned with. Do you think there's something scum indicative about it?
Sorry Thunal!

I am wary of the progression and want to highlight it. I could see it coming from scum, but it doesn't need to. I want Thunal to respond to it before I say more.

You are either in a tunnel or pretending to be. If you want me to prove that I am town, let me do my thing.

how is there so much linki in a light game?
"or pretending to be"? Can you elaborate on your read on Nutella?
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:39 pm
Carotenoid wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:36 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:34 pm My PoE is LC, Jay, and Sloonei with a low confidence level in that PoE. I know I've been asked before when I had a PoE the same size as the actual mafia team whether I think I've solved the game, and I definitely do not believe I've solved the game here.
Martin and Carotte are sort of in my outer PoE.
My strongest TRs are nutella, Hally, and tutuu.

Phantom votes:

Town: nutella
Scum: Sloonei
Earlier you said that you also don't really get all the scumreads on Sloonei for his nutella read. What made you change your mind to vote him now?
His recent posts look scummy, his earlier ones look null. I dislike that he's making a case on me for thinking Carotte was a different player than you, I feel like that's a really easy thing for scum to grab onto. I also dislike that most of his posts have been responding to suspicion rather than solving. It feels a bit like self-pres minded scum. However I understand JJJ's point, I won't push Sloonei hard until he's had more of a chance to show his alignment.
There's a few points in particular I could address as feeling a bit like opportunistic misconstructions:
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:24 am Re: read on Sloonei, I dislike that he said he would contribute more last night and never did. I actually don't scumread him based on his early posts and I think his read on Nutella looks okay, but we gave him more of a chance and it really feels like he cares more about self-pres than solving and his content has been underwhelming.
Where did I say the underlined bit? And the bit about me being caring "more about self-pres than solving" is bogus. This is the same argument I had with Phighter in Champs. Sometimes I solve through people's reads on me. It's a comfortable foot hold for me early in games especially. There was more sustained suspicion against me than I like in this game, but I am not responding to these things purely from a defensive or "self-preserving" posture: I am trying to read people's reads of me. That is an offensive move, not defensive. This is me solving the game, Thunal.
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:10 am I had the same thoughts as SPF here. This post feels careful and forced somehow, and Sloonei never did his thing and tried to prove he was town. The read also seems hedgy "I could see it coming from scum but it doesn't need to" and I can definitely see the point of Sloonei not wanting to get his hands dirty on any wagon. He's not taking a whole lot of stances in general either. I tried to give him some space but he still hasn't done anything towny, in fact he only looked more scummy when he posted more.
This is the first time Thunal and I have met, and I've certainly been misread in this light by players unfamiliar with my style before. But the underlined is just Thunal suspecting Sloonei for being Sloonei. I stated a concern, not an outright suspicion, about her earlier, and she has been regarding that as if it was supposed to be something more firm than it was. My original post on Thunal was meant as a conversation piece, not a "case". I am not the kind of player who will avoid "getting my hands dirty" as either alignment.
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:52 pm Also to anyone who knows Sloonei's meta, does he take pride in his scum game? Does he have more motivation as town or as scum when he's a candidate for a chop?
This also felt a bit icky, but it's another thing that I do not necessarily need to see as bad (I am reminded of Dizzy's Final Day concern about my emotional state in Champs). Thunal sees my relatively deflated posture in this game and prompts the thread about it. That's not an unfair observation, but I still am wary of the person who brought it in.

At this point, however, the Sloonei wagon seems to be dying down. I do not know how tightly a wolf would cling to it at this point. This could be Mafia Thunal trying to take one last swing at it to see if it'll go anywhere.

To be fair to Thunal, the flip side of this is that her suspicion against me started in earnest after I became critical of her, and it is not at all unreasonable for something like that to cause a civilian to become more focused on the player in question. This post right here is Exhibit A for that argument. But Hally's question has resonated with me, and Thunal's arrival on the Sloonei Wagon was relatively late and, in my view, at least a little bit unfounded.

this post took longer to compile than I hoped. I have just over an hour to figure things out. I'll take a quick look at carot, but I'd prefer to spend most of my remaining time in the present.
I'm not as sure about you anymore, especially because of JJJ thinking you're probably town. You and LC look the most suspicious to me but apparently this behavior is normal for both of you. I still feel like the reasons for suspecting Carotte are thin and she seems like LHF but I'll definitely consider the opinions of people who know her.
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Oh and thunal, I missed her somehow. So five people currently at 1, and I think spf currently breaks the post count tie.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

No, I think SPF is a good person to send.
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

fuggin advisor on the phone, can't play, will try to get out of it for the deadline

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

With spf at tiebreak I am happy with the current vote count.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

nutella wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:25 pm Oh and thunal, I missed her somehow. So five people currently at 1, and I think spf currently breaks the post count tie.
oh yea, vote thun too. she’s never getting killed n1
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Hally wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:17 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:57 pm
gth, she’s mafia

a few things kinda ping me

- i don’t like her treatment of carotte. specifically, i dislike how alison threw shade on carotte early and then never followed up with it at all even when carotte started to get heat. instead she started trying to push thun for reasons i don’t agree with. then when i asked her where she stood on carotte she gave a very noncommittal answer that was like “carotte is still in my poe but i suspect sloonei and thun more but...” but then she votes carotte anyway, so ok. but why was there such a long gap where she didn’t talk about carotte at all? it doesn’t make sense to me that town!alison would be suspicious of carotte early and then completely drop that suspicion until i directly ask about it

- i dont really like her poe of three (you/carotte/thun) because i think there’s ~never more than one mafia in that group

- i generally find her presence to be kinda lacking outside of her push on thun, which was like weirdly aggressive all lf a sudden? idk im just not getting like obvtown vibes from alison here
I don't think I've seen Alison just accuse people of making things up like that. Usually she makes very logical conclusions (like she said, with chains of logic) but I'm just not seeing that same soundness of her arguments here. It feels somewhat baseless and I know it was wrong on me, and it might be wrong on Sloonei as well. I'm definitely starting to consider scum!Alison.
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Rackets”