Any mods that are late (host/dead/spec)
38%

Total votes: 13
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 420

Re: Grasslands [Game Thread]

Post by tutuu »

Long Con wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:18 pm then the mafia would choose to send another mafia so that they could subvert the democratic process and yeet a town member that was supposed to be safe.
the ppl in the grassland dont choose who dies by themselves, they all point a gun at each other and us from the treehouse (the big group) choose which gun gets the real bullet

long con pretty towny if i saw so myself for the derpclear, i think he was already towny!
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 131
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Long Con wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:18 pm Maybe I misunderstand. I thought you were saying that, if the group sends a town and a mafia, then the mafia would choose to send another mafia so that they could subvert the democratic process and yeet a town member that was supposed to be safe.
That is not what I was saying and is a gross misunderstanding of how the game mechanics work
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 447
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

my thoughts on the treehouse are summer up as follows

1) im glad i wasn’t in it
2) sloonei looks like a limp noodle in there
3) nut and nook are townier from it

that’s about all i could gather
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Alison wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:09 pm I trust tutuu. I think the stuff about how we shouldn't townread her for her emotion is town-indicative because it smells of feeling slighted or like people are underestimating your scum game because of how fast they townread you. Scum tutuu just accepts the emotion read (which is pretty common in games involving tutuu) and moves on.
it was really more guilt than anything, guilt that id have regardless of my alignment (maybe for different reasons but guilt nonetheless) but yeah :p

im probably going to start making a pre-written post every mafia game at the start about this, so that it becomes as fair as possible
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 275
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Long Con wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:18 pm Maybe I misunderstand. I thought you were saying that, if the group sends a town and a mafia, then the mafia would choose to send another mafia so that they could subvert the democratic process and yeet a town member that was supposed to be safe.
I do not understand this interpretation at all.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 94
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I should do my homework then.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

i dont remember the last time i saw a derp clear coming from mafia. just from personal experience ppl are way more paranoid of clearing scum based off of it, than scum actually does fake it

(i do think setup derp clear constitutes as a derp clear for ur alignment nonetheless)

long con town long con town long con town long con town long con town
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Hally wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:21 pm my thoughts on the treehouse are summer up as follows

You're like the fifth person to say this and my response is another exasperated sigh.

I have other things to do in my life and had nothing to say. I am playing the game when I am here.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

tutuu wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:24 pm i dont remember the last time i saw a derp clear coming from mafia. just from personal experience ppl are way more paranoid of clearing scum based off of it, than scum actually does fake it

(i do think setup derp clear constitutes as a derp clear for ur alignment nonetheless)

I would not put it past long con to fake a "derp clear".
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 185
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

Last time I saw a derpclear happen it was mafia. It wasn't faked though, they just forgot to join the mafia chat so they had no idea about game mechanics that they would have known if they did join it.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:26 pm
tutuu wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:24 pm i dont remember the last time i saw a derp clear coming from mafia. just from personal experience ppl are way more paranoid of clearing scum based off of it, than scum actually does fake it

I would not put it past long con to fake a "derp clear".
thats what i heard the last 20 times i cleared soemone for a derp clear and all 20 times they were town maybe just personal bias sry
Alison wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:26 pm Last time I saw a derpclear happen it was mafia. It wasn't faked though, they just forgot to join the mafia chat so they had no idea about game mechanics that they would have known if they did join it.
well then. rofl
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Alison wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:09 pm I'm caught up.

I'm not going to rewrite my case on Hally and Thun. I'm not really sure how to feel about JJJ constantly going back and forth on Sloonei when he has a reputation for being able to lock in a hard read on Sloonei early - I think that's some evidence pointing towards Sloonei scum intentionally subverting his own scum meta to throw JJJ off the scent, maybe.

Hally/Thun/Sloonei is definitely my POE right now. I said yesterday that I was giving Sloonei space to breathe (as JJJ asked) and it's been a mixed bag. Some of his content is genuinely good, other bits are questionable (his N1 quicktopic behavior, as others have pointed out).

I trust tutuu. I think the stuff about how we shouldn't townread her for her emotion is town-indicative because it smells of feeling slighted or like people are underestimating your scum game because of how fast they townread you. Scum tutuu just accepts the emotion read (which is pretty common in games involving tutuu) and moves on.

I trust nutella. I trust JJJ. I trust SPF.

That's where I'm at right now.

linki: It matters because it affects who the mafia can and can't NK.
What was the best reason to suspect carot yesterday?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 327
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

you're generally right tutuu but if anyone does fake derp clears it's long con lmao

i dont really think that's the case here though and have generally thought he's been town anyway
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

nutella wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:30 pm you're generally right tutuu but if anyone does fake derp clears it's long con lmao

i dont really think that's the case here though and have generally thought he's been town anyway
heyyy ur back :hugs:

Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

page 20
Thunal33 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:30 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:59 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:56 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:54 pm I am exaggerating a bit when I say sloonei was lolcatting, but he really did not post any serious content and seemed completely flippant about the night vote. He really felt detached in the way a deflated scum would.
Why would he be deflated? Town was yeeted.
Because he knew carotte's flip would cement him as the next priority suspect? I feel like that's pretty obvious
If he knew that all along why did he push for Carotte's elim? Why would scum!Sloonei be content with a status quo that heavily implicates him as scum after the Carotte town flip he knew would happen? And I just kind of feel like Sloonei would take more pride in his scum game than this and make more effort to get the suspicion off of him if he's scum, while as town he might want to address it but let his towniness speak for himself (projecting what I would do onto Sloonei since I don't know him).
did sloonei push for carotte’s elimination? because that’s not my recollection. my sense of it was that he didn’t care to take a stance on her one way or another, and i do think that looks bad. like, if sloonei is mafia, why shouldn’t he be content with the consensus D1 or at least try hard to affect it? we were killing a villager
Sloonei wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:50 pm
tutuu wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:46 pm Definitely at least 1 maf in hally-alison-thun imo. Alison and thunal both sussed hally for putting themselves in the grassland, hally proactively sussed someone for putting them in the grassland as wifom. So it would be surprising if all 3 are town, and mafia would put hally there without seemingly taking advantage of it
Just so I am clear: are you suggesting that Hally was sent to the grasslands as some sort of WIFOM ploy by the mafia team, either Hally being mafia and doing it intentionally, or Hally being town sent to grasslands so that mafia could push that exact theory?
....is this not readily apparent? why else would i be sent if not for one of these reasons? or like, what’s your theory?
staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:12 pm i didnt get to point this out yesterday but i think it's hilarious that below carotte's cute avatar of a wholesome bunny, her automated username role was: "DRUG DEALER"
lmao
————
i don’t like sloonei’s posting on this page. it seems like a lot of aimless questions. i’m used to sloonei’s questioning feeling more purposeful/pointed than this
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 233
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sorry gang but I am not feeling this at all tonight. I'm going to give myself a break and try to come back stronger tomorrow.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

i think it correct for us to put the doc on the same person every night. cuz like, if we've decided spf is the towniest, and maf killed nova as the second towniest, like, they will keep killing the towniest ppl and spf is supposedly at the top of the towny ladder right? i wish that i townread her so i'd feel better about this but like if you're all convinced shes town i think this is correct. otherwise maf will just kill her at the first opportunity and then whats the point of us having protected her before that? dunno
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 94
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

nutella wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:30 pm you're generally right tutuu but if anyone does fake derp clears it's long con lmao

I have never once done a fake derpclear.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:46 pm Sorry gang but I am not feeling this at all tonight. I'm going to give myself a break and try to come back stronger tomorrow.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:18 pm
MartinGG99 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:12 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:07 pm
MartinGG99 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:02 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:45 pm From a classical POE perspective, we'd presently need a pool of five. Congruently we'd need five non-self civilians. Can we get there? I have comfortable town reads on:

SPF
tutuu

Well, shit. That's as far as I get right now. If I allow myself to give more generous town credit and trust vaguer instincts, then I would go with Hally and nutella.
I would like your thoughts on Tutuu, if possible.
what's your plan to solve the game today? who do u feel the most comfortable w/being town right now?
I'm having *some* second thoughts about Tutuu and Jagged, and would like their answers to my 2 questions above.

Provided that I don't feel like something is off only then will I look more into the whole Hally + Thunal + Alison messes.

Right now something doesn't feel right to me, and while I do realize that's a similar feeling I had for Nova, one of the things I've said earlier on this game is I've been debating between more "methodical" and more "gut" play.

I want to lean on my gut a bit here again.
i'm finding myself in a similar position, in that i think very broadly that something is off with this game. to be more specific, i'm having trouble locking down onto a solid scumread/suspicion, and that usually only happens to me when competent players are playing a good enough game to evade suspicion. that indicates to me that at least one of the players that i consider very "strong" in this game is scum (ie: sloonei/alison/jagged), and it's why i'm specifically digging into that pool

that said, i actually am feeling more okay about tutuu being town after reading the treehouse and seeing her attitude today. i like that she's specifically emphasizing that we ~shouldn't~ townread her for her frustration, and i also think that her refusal to out a read on me is something that's more likely to come from her as town than as scum. she struggled to read me a lot in radiohead mafia, and i can see a natural progression from that game to her just saying: "ill let the other people read spf" in this game
i vibe with the top paragraph ftr. carotte being town has shaken my confidence in the consensus we had D1. the closest i can come to a scum read is sloonei rn, but even then something is stopping me from feeling as confident in it as i did with carotte
tutuu wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:24 pm
MartinGG99 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:19 pm
tutuu wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:16 pm Martin pls control + f "alison" in the quick topic and the last 2 pages of this thread, i really dont feel like rewriting stuff ive written, im sorry!
So you're admitting that many of the arguments made for your change of opinion on Alison are from others?

In fact, you even said this in the QT:
I think Alison is town because she always seems to get herself scumread and in the PoE as town except that one time in Radiohead where she tryharded because she got pissed of it happening. If she's Mafia here she's playing poorly and I have trust in her that she would play her hearts out if she was Mafia.
Yes i was assuming carotte will flip scum. Alison looks bad then. She had a lot of w/w equity with carotte

Carotte flipping town made me think - looks like alison isnt in that bad of a position after all, which was the cause of my townread

I made this exact post on this day phase a few hours ago martin
wait, i’m confused. the thing martin quoted about you wanting to tr alison was from the treehouse qt, right? so that was before carotte had flipped town. but now you’re saying that carotte flipping town made you tr alison? but you already tr her in the qt before carotte flipped. and now you also say she could be scum? or what? i really don’t get what you’re saying here
Thunal33 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:55 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:29 pm I'm leaving in a half hour. I won't be here for the final hour, so any last minute vote maneuvering for the protection will be out of my hands.

I can put a vote on Carot. That seems to be the consensus, at least, and I don't have reason to object. But I would like to present other options just in case, so I may look for a couple of alternatives. I still have a phantom vote on LC and would not mind it if his name remained in the conversation, though there is probably even less substance in his posts than Carot's.

I have grown suddenly wary of Alison in the last few minutes. It might just be indigestion. I don't know.
I'm suspicious of this post. I keep having mixed feelings on Sloonei this game but I misread that Sloonei put himself in a bad position with the Carotte elim. If he's scum he tried to put himself in a better position. Here it looks like he was hedging on purpose and not trying to take accountability. He wasn't really pushing Carotte and this "I don't have reason to object" feels like he doesn't want to get his hands dirty.
yeah
Sloonei wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:19 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:53 pm I think I'm just going to start tinfoiling everyone right now. Nutella saying that Sloonei was lolcatting is a pretty clear misrep, he was barely there at all and certainly didn't make any jokes or flail like a caught scum. I don't really understand how town viewing that same chat could come to that conclusion (maaaaybe if they're heavily confbiased). I think I'm going to have to reevaluate pretty completely since Hally and Nutella were two of my top townreads but now I have some reason to think both of them are suspicious - and at the same time Alison's push on me seems like a losing one if she's mafia so she's actually looking a little better.
Thunal33 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:30 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:59 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:56 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:54 pm I am exaggerating a bit when I say sloonei was lolcatting, but he really did not post any serious content and seemed completely flippant about the night vote. He really felt detached in the way a deflated scum would.
Why would he be deflated? Town was yeeted.
Because he knew carotte's flip would cement him as the next priority suspect? I feel like that's pretty obvious
If he knew that all along why did he push for Carotte's elim? Why would scum!Sloonei be content with a status quo that heavily implicates him as scum after the Carotte town flip he knew would happen? And I just kind of feel like Sloonei would take more pride in his scum game than this and make more effort to get the suspicion off of him if he's scum, while as town he might want to address it but let his towniness speak for himself (projecting what I would do onto Sloonei since I don't know him).
Part of me feels like Thunal is trying too hard to paint my posts in a negative light, like a wolf trying desperately to keep the Sloonei paranoia going, but then I also read posts like these ones and they make me feel Not That.
Reading my posts again I'm feeling like maybe you are town. "Content with the status quo" really does describe your post saying you would go along with voting Carotte since you didn't have an opinion on them. If you were scum trying to get yourself in a good position with the Carotte flip your reaction definitely wasn't the way to do that. Still really unsure on you, I feel like there's points going both ways. In my post about you pushing for Carotte's elim, I was sort of playing devil's advocate and I didn't townread you. I do feel like you would take more action or try something more than voting Carotte because you don't object if you were scum and you knew you would look bad off a Carotte town flip.
[/quote]
i feel like this is just a twtbaw argument though. like isn’t it just saying “sloonei wouldnt do this scummy thing if he was scum”?
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:08 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:06 pm
Alison wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:01 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:11 pm Caveat that I’m not sure how many scum teams think this way but

It’s almost always better for scum in that situation to send town unless SPF is mafia. So very good chance that Hally and SPF are aligned, and because carot was shot and flipped green, very good chance they’re both town.

Caveat that I’m not sure how many teams think this way, so it’s not like...not 100% locked in. But high likelihood imo.
I don't understand why you think this way so I can't assume that the mafia team does too.
Carot is town and SPF is mafia -> better to send second mafia most of the time, makes sure that town dies

Carot is town and SPF is town -> better to send third town, makes sure that town dies

There’s obviously some amount of uncertainty in this cause it’s not immediately clear how many mafia will think about it this way, and there’s some room for playing suboptimally on purpose even if they do/did think about it this way
First one a bit less weight with Hally being the person sent by mafia given she’s maybe the least likely in this game to even consider a hero shot

Still something I’m considering tho
ftr i would never shoot spf regardless of my alignment lol
Alison wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:09 pm I'm caught up.

I'm not going to rewrite my case on Hally and Thun. I'm not really sure how to feel about JJJ constantly going back and forth on Sloonei when he has a reputation for being able to lock in a hard read on Sloonei early - I think that's some evidence pointing towards Sloonei scum intentionally subverting his own scum meta to throw JJJ off the scent, maybe.

Hally/Thun/Sloonei is definitely my POE right now. I said yesterday that I was giving Sloonei space to breathe (as JJJ asked) and it's been a mixed bag. Some of his content is genuinely good, other bits are questionable (his N1 quicktopic behavior, as others have pointed out).

I trust tutuu. I think the stuff about how we shouldn't townread her for her emotion is town-indicative because it smells of feeling slighted or like people are underestimating your scum game because of how fast they townread you. Scum tutuu just accepts the emotion read (which is pretty common in games involving tutuu) and moves on.

I trust nutella. I trust JJJ. I trust SPF.

That's where I'm at right now.

linki: It matters because it affects who the mafia can and can't NK.
i acknowledge your case on me but i don’t feel like there’s anything i can address in it because it’s based on the assumption thun is wolf, which i just don’t think is the case atm. why am i mafia outside of the thun stuff?
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

middle thing was a response to thun. i think i deleted some tags or something
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

tutuu wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:19 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:18 pm then the mafia would choose to send another mafia so that they could subvert the democratic process and yeet a town member that was supposed to be safe.
the ppl in the grassland dont choose who dies by themselves, they all point a gun at each other and us from the treehouse (the big group) choose which gun gets the real bullet

long con pretty towny if i saw so myself for the derpclear, i think he was already towny!
how is this a derp clear? i get how it’s a derp, but i don’t get the “clear” part
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:25 pm
Hally wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:21 pm my thoughts on the treehouse are summer up as follows

You're like the fifth person to say this and my response is another exasperated sigh.

I have other things to do in my life and had nothing to say. I am playing the game when I am here.
okay

who is mafia, sloonei? who is town?
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

tutuu wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:50 pm i think it correct for us to put the doc on the same person every night. cuz like, if we've decided spf is the towniest, and maf killed nova as the second towniest, like, they will keep killing the towniest ppl and spf is supposedly at the top of the towny ladder right? i wish that i townread her so i'd feel better about this but like if you're all convinced shes town i think this is correct. otherwise maf will just kill her at the first opportunity and then whats the point of us having protected her before that? dunno
i have no objection to sending spf again
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

hally: "wait, i’m confused. the thing martin quoted about you wanting to tr alison was from the treehouse qt, right? so that was before carotte had flipped town. but now you’re saying that carotte flipping town made you tr alison? but you already tr her in the qt before carotte flipped. and now you also say she could be scum? or what? i really don’t get what you’re saying here"

no carotte flipping town made me scumread alison
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Hally wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:18 pm

okay

You are town. Jay is town. Spf is town. Nutella is town. Tutuu is town.
I am undecided on Thunal.
LC has yet to do anything that makes me want to town read him. I could say the same about nanook and martin. I felt good about Martin initially but that hasn’t carried over as the game has gone on. But I don’t have any reason to suspect him either.
Alison would probably be my top suspect at the moment.

A POE of Alison, LC, Thunal, nanook, and Martin feels okay right now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Hally wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:17 pm

how is this a derp clear? i get how it’s a derp, but i don’t get the “clear” part
assuming scum pays more attention to the setup because they have a discord mafia chat where they discussed who are they sending and why and strategizing and all that stuff. setup mech strategy stuff. while as town u just have some stuff written in the OP that are optional to read
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

random thoughts:

tutuu does seem different this day? like her vibe is less loosey goosey and more like... edgy? or something? are you ok [mention]tutuu[/mention]? what’s up?

i liked nook’s thing in the treehouse where he was advocating giving me the gun because although i don’t really think it makes sense (i’d always shoot carotte regardless of my alignment), i think it’s something he actually cared about? kinda reminds me of in space invaders when he was arguing so much that we shouldn’t use bunkers on anyone but nut. idk how much to weight this because ultimately mech stuff is very fakable but like... still think the attitude he had about it was townish for him

nut is still town imo. her indignation about nook was a towny thing to get upset about

i can’t decide what i think of alison. i kinda agree with nut’s post in the treehouse where she was like “when alison doesn’t post i wanna be concerned with her but when she does post i feel like she’s town.” because atm i feel like she’s just wrong!town as opposed to mafia. i’m interested to hear if someone who has concerns on alison can articulate them in a clearer way beyond “i have concerns”

i also like... want to sr sloonei but then i also feeeeel like he could just be town having an off game. but i don’t know who is mafia if he’s town
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Hally wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:33 pm tutuu does seem different this day? like her vibe is less loosey goosey and more like... edgy? or something? are you ok @tutuu? what’s up?
lol edgy? as in - life is torture, better listen to linkin part? :p

or like, on edge?

if its the first one - well thats like part of my humor sometimes

if its the latter - im still recovering from the annoyance that i experienced from eod1 (which may or may be real depending on my alignment etc etc) (or i could be mafia whos uncomfortable from wolfing etc etc)
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

tutuu wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:26 pm hally: "wait, i’m confused. the thing martin quoted about you wanting to tr alison was from the treehouse qt, right? so that was before carotte had flipped town. but now you’re saying that carotte flipping town made you tr alison? but you already tr her in the qt before carotte flipped. and now you also say she could be scum? or what? i really don’t get what you’re saying here"

but i thought you said you scum read alison because she had w/w stuff with carotte? so even if carotte was mafia alison could be mafia too, right?
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:26 pm
Hally wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:18 pm

okay

You are town. Jay is town. Spf is town. Nutella is town. Tutuu is town.
I am undecided on Thunal.
LC has yet to do anything that makes me want to town read him. I could say the same about nanook and martin. I felt good about Martin initially but that hasn’t carried over as the game has gone on. But I don’t have any reason to suspect him either.
Alison would probably be my top suspect at the moment.

A POE of Alison, LC, Thunal, nanook, and Martin feels okay right now.
talk to me about alison. why is she mafia?
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

linkin park*
Hally wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:38 pm
tutuu wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:26 pm hally: "wait, i’m confused. the thing martin quoted about you wanting to tr alison was from the treehouse qt, right? so that was before carotte had flipped town. but now you’re saying that carotte flipping town made you tr alison? but you already tr her in the qt before carotte flipped. and now you also say she could be scum? or what? i really don’t get what you’re saying here"

but i thought you said you scum read alison because she had w/w stuff with carotte? so even if carotte was mafia alison could be mafia too, right?
i said i townread alison because she had w/w stuff with carotte (i dont think scum!alison would allow herself to be caught so easily and not put more effort)
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

tutuu wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:29 pm
Hally wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:17 pm

assuming scum pays more attention to the setup because they have a discord mafia chat where they discussed who are they sending and why and strategizing and all that stuff. setup mech strategy stuff. while as town u just have some stuff written in the OP that are optional to read
oh. maybe idk
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

tutuu wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:38 pm
Hally wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:33 pm tutuu does seem different this day? like her vibe is less loosey goosey and more like... edgy? or something? are you ok @tutuu? what’s up?
lol edgy? as in - life is torture, better listen to linkin part? :p

or like, on edge?

if its the first one - well thats like part of my humor sometimes

if its the latter - im still recovering from the annoyance that i experienced from eod1 (which may or may be real depending on my alignment etc etc) (or i could be mafia whos uncomfortable from wolfing etc etc)
i meant more the latter

what are your reads like rn? you said sloonei was “incredibly scummy.” why? and why is thun mafia? is alison also mafia? who is town?
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

tutuu wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:39 pm linkin park*

i said i townread alison because she had w/w stuff with carotte (i dont think scum!alison would allow herself to be caught so easily and not put more effort)
ooooooooh. so you thought she wouldn’t let herself get linked to carotte if carotte was scum so therefore the fact that she did look linked to carotte made her town? i get it now lol

but why is she mafia now that carotte flipped town?
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

hallie i dont like rewriting stuff ;-;

im on laptop now so i guess i can piece together all of my reads from the quick topic and here and ping u and martin i guess
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Hally wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:43 pm
tutuu wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:39 pm linkin park*

ooooooooh. so you thought she wouldn’t let herself get linked to carotte if carotte was scum so therefore the fact that she did look linked to carotte made her town? i get it now lol

but why is she mafia now that carotte flipped town?
cuz shes otherwise scummy

same as sloonei
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

tutuu wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:44 pm hallie i dont like rewriting stuff ;-;

im on laptop now so i guess i can piece together all of my reads from the quick topic and here and ping u and martin i guess
sorry, i mostly skimmed the qt because i didn’t like reading it
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

nanook obv town cuz he didnt realize mafia has a 24/7 discord chat (as written in the op) so not sure at all what was going on with his hally plan and stuff but i believe he believed it
(he later said he knows it but whatever. he believes his convoluted plans and stuff and just looks genuine to me)

martin town cuz he posts a lot and looked genuinely confused about the plan and nonchalantly voted himself after hally already voted him. he had some room to campaign for the doc save, alison wanted him to get it

lc town cuz he isnt tryharding like in jay's game (plus he setup derp cleared, and he claimed he never faked a derp clear before)

nutella obv town

dunno how to read spf so i wont even try (i will sheep consensus on her)

hally town cuz of that old townread i had on them where they didnt expect their tr on spf + i think its towny how they assertively took matter in their own hands eod1 and voted everyone before they asked other ppl if they're cool with spf being protected

alison i thought town cuz she wouldnt allow herself to be caught as w/w with carotte. now that tahts gone independently she could be scum, shes always a question mark, hard to read, she isnt making herself obvious town as she did in radio head, and i just dunno. sheeping consensus i guess

jay i was convinced had to be scum but. carotte flipping town kinda flipped my world on its head. rofl dunno now. he is either town-aligned or scum-aligned

sloonei mafia

thunal i wanan scumread and im rly struggling to verbalize it. i guess. she just. uh. im sitting here in front of my laptop and i wish i could write soem more words but i literally cant sorry. its not for the lack of desire im earneslty trying but just nothing is coming out of my mouth. sorry. its often how i am. sry!

tutuu
nutella
nanook
long con

martin
hally

spf
JJJ

alison
thunal
sloonei

are my reads i guess? top tier super high confidence town. 2nd tier towny but i can be wrong. third tier - i dunno. 4th tier - i think scummy

i also dont think alison and thunal cant be w/w btw. despite them being at each other's throats. i think thunal's vote on alison eod1 was performative (and she admitted that she is) but my gut just said of the scum variety

[mention]Hally[/mention] [mention]MartinGG99[/mention]
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

why did i town read martin? why did i stop doing that? is martin town? does anyone feel strongly about him any which way?
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

rereading this my read on martin sounds the dumbest. lol. i should maybe move him to the orange tier
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 219
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by staypositivefriend »

hey friends, i haven't been able to keep up with the game tonight because i've been at work/pre-occupied. i'll do my best to catch up tonight but you probably won't be hearing a ton of content from me until tomorrow!
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

tutuu wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:00 pm nanook obv town cuz he didnt realize mafia has a 24/7 discord chat (as written in the op) so not sure at all what was going on with his hally plan and stuff but i believe he believed it
(he later said he knows it but whatever. he believes his convoluted plans and stuff and just looks genuine to me)
his plan had nothing to do with whether mafia could still communicate, it just depended on waiting til the night chat, so this is not valid reasoning. yes i see the parenthetical but it still feels like you're weighing stuff you shouldn't be
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

nutella wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:04 pm
tutuu wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:00 pm nanook obv town cuz he didnt realize mafia has a 24/7 discord chat (as written in the op) so not sure at all what was going on with his hally plan and stuff but i believe he believed it
his plan had nothing to do with whether mafia could still communicate, it just depended on waiting til the night chat, so this is not valid reasoning. yes i see the parenthetical but it still feels like you're weighing stuff you shouldn't be
i just copy pasted what i had written in the qt. is there something wrong with the parenthetical thing if it was on its own?
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

martin town cuz he posts a lot and looked genuinely confused about the plan and nonchalantly voted himself after hally already voted him. he had some room to campaign for the doc save, alison wanted him to get it

lc town cuz he isnt tryharding like in jay's game (plus he setup derp cleared, and he claimed he never faked a derp clear before)

nutella obv town

dunno how to read spf so i wont even try (i will sheep consensus on her)

hally town cuz of that old townread i had on them where they didnt expect their tr on spf + i think its towny how they assertively took matter in their own hands eod1 and voted everyone before they asked other ppl if they're cool with spf being protected

alison i thought town cuz she wouldnt allow herself to be caught as w/w with carotte. now that tahts gone independently she could be scum, shes always a question mark, hard to read, she isnt making herself obvious town as she did in radio head, and i just dunno. sheeping consensus i guess

jay i was convinced had to be scum but. carotte flipping town kinda flipped my world on its head. rofl dunno now. he is either town-aligned or scum-aligned

sloonei mafia

thunal i wanan scumread and im rly struggling to verbalize it. i guess. she just. uh. im sitting here in front of my laptop and i wish i could write soem more words but i literally cant sorry. its not for the lack of desire im earneslty trying but just nothing is coming out of my mouth. sorry. its often how i am. sry!

tutuu
nutella
nanook
long con

martin
hally

spf
JJJ

alison
thunal
sloonei

are my reads i guess? top tier super high confidence town. 2nd tier towny but i can be wrong. third tier - i dunno. 4th tier - i think scummy

i also dont think alison and thunal cant be w/w btw. despite them being at each other's throats. i think thunal's vote on alison eod1 was performative (and she admitted that she is) but my gut just said of the scum variety

@Hally @MartinGG99
okay thanks

points of difference are im not really there on martin and lc being town, firmly tr spf, town lean jay and tr thun

i think atm i’m like here?

town:
spf
tutuu
nut
thun

town lean:
nook
jay

poe:
martin
sloonei
lc
alison
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

tutuu wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:06 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:04 pm
i just copy pasted what i had written in the qt. is there something wrong with the parenthetical thing if it was on its own?
nah I guess not, I get why you believe he's genuine. I personally wouldn't have him in the darkest green tier tho
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

i think my current list is p much exactly the one hally just posted. maybe swap tutuu and jay?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

im trying to figure out if i’m just getting like hardcore owned by thun but atm i don’t see why she’s scummy. she just feels like town!thun to me

inb4 alison says this makes me w/w with thun :p
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

and i guess i'm less sure about thunal idk like i can get some of the points against her i just don't *feel* it
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

u gals know spf way better than i do, but just for protocol's sake, nobody here has seen spf's scum game in forum mafia, right?

Return to “Previous Rackets”