Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Re: Grasslands [Game Thread]

Post by Hally »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:45 am
Hally wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:42 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:20 am
Hally wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:05 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:56 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:26 pm @everyone - here's a question that might not make sense but that i consider important to the gamestate right now:

how confident do you feel about your reads right now? how much faith do you have that your assessment of the gamestate is correct?
88+ % in my reads. I’m only putting confident reads into the thread this game.
what are your confident reads again?
Martin town, thun town, Hally/SPF likely aligned and >rand town, Nutella probably town.

I wanna say tutu is town too but idk man the lack of volume makes me much less confident there than I normally am
why is martin town? also i do feel like tutuu has dropped off this day yea
Seems the same as last time I saw him
what do you mean, last time?
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 131
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Hally wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:55 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:26 pm @everyone - here's a question that might not make sense but that i consider important to the gamestate right now:

how confident do you feel about your reads right now? how much faith do you have that your assessment of the gamestate is correct?
Martin town, thun town, Hally/SPF likely aligned and >rand town, Nutella probably town.

I wanna say tutu is town too but idk man the lack of volume makes me much less confident there than I normally am
The last time I played with him

Upick I think, not 100% sure which game it was
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 447

Post by Hally »

Long Con wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:53 am
Hally wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:46 am
nutella wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:25 am
Hally wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:18 am since we’re talking about lc, what does everybody think of this post? it is, from what i can tell, the most substantive post lc has made and is a push on nut. what do we think of this?
I'm obviously in a somewhat biased position to answer this but it felt a bit performative to me, and like he was pulling old quotes for the sake of appearing to be putting in token investigative effort, and that the actual questions he had for me weren't very deep or complex thoughts, but shrug
i somewhat agree? like it felt kinda random in the sense that i have no idea why he chose to do that with you or why he focused on such old stuff

@long con why did you make that post? is nut mafia?
I wanted to get a better read on nutella, I'm not done going through her posts yet. It's not random, it's things that I think has impact on my read of Nutella. How is that random?

Right now I am checking in with the thread every so often as I do some projects in real life, when I sit down at the computer for a while, I'll continue looking at her posts.
ok. im curious what you think of her response when you have time to look
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:56 am

oh, on here?
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

[mention]Sloonei[/mention] whats your read on nut? how likely do you think it is she’s a deep wolf?

[mention]JaggedJimmyJay[/mention] can answer too

Hally wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:57 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:56 am

oh, on here?
Yeh. 99% sure it was upick 2
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 219
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by staypositivefriend »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:49 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:39 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:33 am @staypositivefriend why am I mafia?
ive explained this a couple of times, but my primary issue with your game is not your reads/gamesolving, but what your reads/gamesolving lack. i felt from early on in d1 that the questions and angles you were taking didn't come off nearly as sincere or as easy to follow and understand as they did in any of my games with you in champs. it's difficult for me to pick at a specific thing you've said that makes me feel good about you being mafia, but what concerns me is that i would expect to townread you by now, and i simply dont
I guess that’s not unreasonable. Like I’ve already said to others, I’m trying to take it easier this game, so I don’t fault you for having a harder time reading me if those two champs games are the only ones you’ve seen me in. That was the most effort I am capable of putting into a game. This just is not.

Can you point to any of my day 1 posts in particular that come off “insincere”? You don’t have to right now if you’ve got other things to do, obviously.
the first post that immediately sprung to mind was your early read/observation about thunal -
Sloonei wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:43 pm Thunal-on-Carotte is the weirdest thing in the game so far.
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:39 am
Carotenoid wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:28 am I don't get the commotion about Sloonei tbh, I believe that he believes in his read. :P
Me neither tbh, I looked at Sloonei's ISO and the only suspicious thing I could find is a coffee tell ish thing about him posting 2 posts in a row about being distracted and tired but that's really tiny. His read on Nutella looks fine to me. I'll wait for his thoughts in the morning to actually try to read him. In champs finals (which is the only time I've seen him play) he definitely tried hard and was logical but he didn't have the same obvious town energy that, say, SPF or JJJ did so it might be hard to read him.
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:17 am
Carotenoid wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:15 am I like Thunal more today.

I'm not sure if everyone understands that the person sent to the grassland only gets to shoot *among* the persons in the grassland? (most voted, least voted, sent by scum)

I think tutuu & nutella are town. I liked Nanook/SPF/nova/LC/JJJ with no particular order.

I have some mixed feelings about Alison. I think that the only thing I really disliked is how she asked Hally why I wasn't on their read list (I thought it was pretty evident that they jsut didn't have a read on me) and then not really followed up when Hally answered that they didn't have a read yet.
What do you think town!Alison would follow up that read with? I don't follow up on every question that I ask that's been answered in a light game since I don't want to waste a post saying "oh, okay" if that would be my answer.
A fairly uneventful back-and-forth between them. Thunal doesn't have much to say about Carot, but carot town-reads Thunal.

Thunal33 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:12 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:25 am I ran through Thunal's posts to check out my town-inclined intuition. I like the progressions/language of their reads. I have one question for @Thunal33: any suspects? You've given town credit to Martin, Alison, nutella, and Hally (perhaps among others if I missed them). I appreciate POE work; I just don't know your game. Perhaps you can chirp in too @Hally -- do you associate that kind of POE-centric methodology with Thunal?
Yes, I tend to make townreads first and it's hard for me to find suspects early on. I mainly have Sloonei as "not a townread or townlean" rather than a suspect, same with Carotte.
Thunal gives a fairly hedgy read on Carotte, in conjunction with Sloonei. This is Thunal making a direct statement related to the alignment of the player he identifies as "Carotte". It is not pointedly negative, but it is also very distinctly not a positive read either. "Not positive" would be the primary takeaway here in my opinion.
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:28 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:20 pm
Hally wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:09 pm why carotte?
Primarily process of elimination with a pinch of I don't think she looks very comfortable.
Hally wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:09 pm why have i dropped down for you?
It's less that you've "dropped" than those four have become more solidified civilian reads. Gun to my head you're town too. If I have one gripe for you it's that I don't know that you've been fair in your assessment of my treatment of Sloonei. I said myself that I wanted to let him speak for himself. You asked me a specific question though, and I did you the courtesy of answering it -- so to say that I have given him an out somehow on that basis is a bit goofy.
Also, how can I find Carotte's posts? I wanted to ISO her but I 'm having a hard time finding her posts in the thread. Is there an easier way to find a post of hers so I can ISO?
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:35 pm Oops I didn't realize Carotte was Carotenoid, I thought Carotte was a completely different player. I think Carotte looks okay so far, I like that she reevaluated on me. I have more of a "wait and see" read on both her and Sloonei, I think they'll become more readable later on.
But then he reveals that the player he was identifying as Carotte doesn't actually exist: he didn't realize that "Carotte" was shortform for "Carotenoid", and that she looks "okay so far". So... what did the nonexistent player called "Carotte" do to earn that "not a townread" mention earlier? Who was that referring to if not Carotenoid, and why?
this observation is fine, but it also feels a little bit nitpicky? there's a very clear explanation for thunal's behavior in those posts (particularly that thunal put carotte as "not towny or scummy" because she didnt remember any of their posts), and i feel that your lack of consideration (from what i can tell) for the fact paired with the fact that the observation feels kind of surface-level compared to your observations in champs made me form a negative impression of you
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

im becoming increasingly less confident sloonei is mafia, which is saying something because i was never really that confident

but im also not confident alison is mafia at all

for most of this day i’ve been telling myself one of them “had to be mafia”

how likely is it that this isn’t the case? what does a world where sloonei and alison are both town look like?
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 233
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hally wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:59 am @Sloonei whats your read on nut? how likely do you think it is she’s a deep wolf?

@JaggedJimmyJay can answer too
The best case against nutella I can provide is:

She reads me as town

There’s an unsavory trend in that. But it isn’t compelling. I would say she is about as plausible to be a deep mafioso as tutuu is, and a bit less likely than Thunal.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 233
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hally wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:04 am im becoming increasingly less confident sloonei is mafia, which is saying something because i was never really that confident

but im also not confident alison is mafia at all

for most of this day i’ve been telling myself one of them “had to be mafia”

how likely is it that this isn’t the case? what does a world where sloonei and alison are both town look like?
Like a world where Thunal looks considerably worse. Regardless of contrary reads right now, both Sloonei and Alison have voiced against-the-grain suspicion of Thunal more than once.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:05 am
Hally wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:59 am @Sloonei whats your read on nut? how likely do you think it is she’s a deep wolf?

@JaggedJimmyJay can answer too
The best case against nutella I can provide is:

She reads me as town

There’s an unsavory trend in that. But it isn’t compelling. I would say she is about as plausible to be a deep mafioso as tutuu is, and a bit less likely than Thunal.
for some reason i just got a rush of paranoia that nut is a deep wolf and sloonei/alison are t/t. idk why my mind jumped to nut being the deep wolf in that world but that’s where it’s gone. am i off my rocker? i think i might be
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Hally wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:48 pm @Sloonei i already asked you for games where you were suspected early as scum. can you link me one or two games where you feel you played well as scum? i’m just trying to get a sense of what your scum range is like
[mention]Sloonei[/mention] i think you missed this
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

i think it was jay that said nut has had some really good scum games lately. what games are those?

FTL probably. Not sure what else
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 94
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Grasslands [Day 2]

Post by Long Con »

[mention]Hally[/mention]
nutella wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:10 pm
Long Con wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:49 pm I looked through nutella's posts, and was looking at how her opinions developed. I'm up to Wed morning and I want to take a break.

She pushed the idea that she was really sure that Hally and Sloonei are a difference check, which looks to me like setting up yeets based on town getting yeeted. @nutella why caqn't Hally and Sloonei be t-t? What is it about their interactions? I think it's because you thought they were both wolves, but then their interactions unaligned them for you.

this is very outdated. that was a super early d1 take that I no longer believe in. i'm pretty sure i explained this way back when it was a thing though -- i just suspected both of them enough to think at least one of them had to be scum, and at first didn't think they couldn't be w/w but then something unaligned them yeah. but then later on d1 i was townreading hally more.
It's not outdated, it's looking at your actions in the past. I know that you flipped your read on Hally at some point after. It's a good tactic for a wolf to use to chain town eliminations through preassociation, which is why it caught my attention.
Long Con wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:49 pm Something that does bother me is that you really don't interact with Sloonei until almost 24 hours in, and that's after a great deal of suspicion you have directed toward him. I have been caught before as scum for a lack of interactions with my partner, and Sloonei, up to this point, is basically your only scumread (aside from a couple of jabs at Carotte). This is the first post I see that gives opinions of anyone else, and it's extremely tentative. For someone who prefers to put it all out there on Day 1, with 8 hours left you have a lot of talk and very few suspects. You have a Sloonei mega-focus, and a Carrote "sure".
I'm not sure what your point is here -- that i suspected sloonei but didn't directly engage with him?
Yes, you pressed his suspicion for a long time without asking him anything. This makes it look like your suspicion is something you want to build, not something you want to figure out.
Long Con wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:49 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:27 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:23 am I think SPF seems town. The more careful language there is deliberate.
I had to chew on this tidbit of self-awareness for a while
Can you talk about this a little?
I was struck sort of off-balance by that particular hedge from Jay on spf. I don't recall my exact thought process at the time but it just sort of made me stop scrolling for a minute and try to process whether to tinfoil him for being so overt about the hedge itself, sort of like "is this a caricature of jay's precision with his language, or just the real thing" but I ultimately didn't come away feeling like it was a significant point to suspect him for.
I get what you mean now, in that I get what he means now. I thought he was talking about SPF's language, but he meant his own.
Long Con wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:49 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:33 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:26 am
fwiw, i kind of doubt that this is how jagged would react to his partner being pressured this early into the game. jagged sticking his neck out for a player that everyone scumreads would be such a blatant angle for jagged to take with his partner that it feels unlikely. but the fact that i dont particularly tr sloonei/jagged yet is genuinely concerning to me
this sounds almost identical to a post you made in finale lol. i hope you're right
Was SPF town in the finale? I don't know what this means to you.
yes
Ok, SPF townread.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

ok, nut is not similar to FTL at all. if that’s her best scum game recently, she’s a villager this game
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Hally wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:51 am ok, nut is not similar to FTL at all. if that’s her best scum game recently, she’s a villager this game
What does her scum game look like?
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Long Con wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:52 am
Hally wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:51 am ok, nut is not similar to FTL at all. if that’s her best scum game recently, she’s a villager this game
What does her scum game look like?
not this
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I was hoping for some insight. You sound very sure, so I thought you'd have some fresh reasons in mind.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

why does scum!sloonei shoot nova? that strikes me as a bad kill for sloonei to make because nova was one of the few people town reading sloonei and he also scum read alison iirc, the person sloonei is now pushing. so if sloonei is mafia, he made his life harder by killing nova over someone like nut who is pushing him way more and was just as town read N1
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Long Con wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:55 am I was hoping for some insight. You sound very sure, so I thought you'd have some fresh reasons in mind.
the way she makes reads as mafia is totally different. i don’t know how to explain it better than that but i’m pretty confident i would have caught her immediately in that game. she just did not look like town!nut
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 219

Post by staypositivefriend »

does anyone here have experience w/tutuu's scum game? how does she play?
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:59 am does anyone here have experience w/tutuu's scum game? how does she play?
nobody has seen tutuu’s scum game. it’s one of the world’s deepest mysteries
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

nutella wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:05 pm I'm feeling pretty okay about jay so far actually, and am inclined to listen to him re giving Sloonei more time. Switching my pseudo scum vote to carotte
Even though Sloonei has received 90% of your scumreads in the game at this point, you give up responsibility for that read to JJJ, and vote alongside him on the Carotte wagon.

------
nutella wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:20 pm
Alison wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:16 pm
Hally wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:13 pm
tutuu wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:57 pm now martin has 2 fucking votes jesus fucking christ...

i mean it doesnt matter i guess but this is pissing me off

@Hally why did u vote everyone because you single hadnedly decided spf should get the gun? what happened to the plan?

sloonei i voted for myself
i didn’t decide that. i put everyone at one vote. that is effectively like everyone having no votes. now we can all decide who should have the least. i dont get what the issue is
The issue is that by voting everyone you are removing both the weight and accountability of your own vote. If you increment everyone's votes by one then your real vote on Carotte is cancelled out. Basically you robbed yourself of a vote here in order to cancel out SPF's selfvote. Why do that? Why not just let tutuu or someone else who isn't SPF have the gun? Is tutuu or nova or whoever that much worse of a doc?
I don't care about this, Hally is clearly supportive enough of the carotte elim to claim equal credit in it.
I do agree with this, and I think this is a black mark on Alison's record. It looks like she is throwing shade for an action that looked reasonable and logical to me. Alison is normally overly logical. Her reaction doesn't sit right with me.

------

You townread Alison, and then less than an hour later, you give a hedgey analysis of her here:
nutella wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:16 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:14 am
nutella wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:05 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:30 pm so, from towniest to scummiest, i guess that leaves me at:

nutella
tutuu
hally
nova
thunal
long con
nanook
jagged
martin
alison
sloonei
carotte

eh. i don't know how good i feel about those names at the bottom - i'm going to try to focus more on townhunting than i am with scumhunting, because i think i'm better at telling when people are being genuine than i am at searching specifically for scum
feeling like we have very similar views of the game rn, I think our lists are extremely similar and I'd put you at the top in my place. I'd maybe move alison up a bit, and mayyybe hally down slightly but I've felt way better about them than I did at first, otherwise I agree with this order pretty closely.
do you townread alison at all? if so, could you help me see her as town? i dont know if im having such a hard time tring her this game because im expecting her to sound exactly like she did in radiohead mafia, but there is just something about her tone that's getting to me
eh, I don't know that I particularly townread her for any specific reason, I'm just not willing to say I scumread her either. I hate to say null but she's kinda just.... Alison so far.
...and then the next time you mention her, she's lower than Sloonei in your rainbow:
nutella wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:42 pm
Hally wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:37 pm @nutella where are you at with your reads generally?
spf
tutuu
nova
thunal

jay
hally
martin

lc
nanook

sloonei
alison

carotte

ish
Lower than Sloonei, who still dwarfs your other suspicions in terms of volume. Where did this sudden Alison suspicion come from? The only explanation I can see is "I also think Thunal is town and Alison's push on her is bad, but whether it's misguidedly bad or maliciously bad remains to be determined."

How did that put Alison lower than Sloonei, who you devoted many posts to suspecting? Were you just copying SPF's list? She had the same bottom three, and when she posted it, you made a point of saying you would move Alison up a bit, but when you made a similar list a few hours later, the bottom three are identical.

Then immediately after the yeet:
nutella wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:03 pm oh no im not dead

oh no carot was town???

ugh

well at least im pretty dang sure sloonei is mafia

he basically lolcatted in night chat
Suddenly it's right back to Sloonei pressure. You just gave up the Sloonei pressure, which was heavy, toward the end of the day.

I found this to be a pertinent contrast as well:
nutella wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:50 pm fwiw i don't think it'll be super fruitful to analyze nova's reads since i think he was a good kill choice precisely because his reads weren't very developed and yet he was a pretty universal townread. that's pretty much an optimal kill target -- someone who is commonly accepted as town, but who didn't actually provide a ton of content for us to delve in and analyze as motivation/spew.
Hally wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:56 am why does scum!sloonei shoot nova? that strikes me as a bad kill for sloonei to make because nova was one of the few people town reading sloonei and he also scum read alison iirc, the person sloonei is now pushing. so if sloonei is mafia, he made his life harder by killing nova over someone like nut who is pushing him way more and was just as town read N1
For someone who's so keen on Sloonei pressure, the disparity between your and Hally's opinion on the nova kill is notable. It looks like you either don't want to give up your tunnel on Sloonei, or you are more focused on presenting a suspicious-of-Sloonei front, and not really trying to make all the balanced analyses, just the ones that bolster your agenda.

Back to attacking Sloonei, in the next post. I used my quote instead of yours because you never responded to my question. This is actually the exact point that I decided to look more closely at your posts - you hadn't had much attention yet compared to other players, and this post pinged me.
Long Con wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:24 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:59 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:56 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:54 pm I am exaggerating a bit when I say sloonei was lolcatting, but he really did not post any serious content and seemed completely flippant about the night vote. He really felt detached in the way a deflated scum would.
Why would he be deflated? Town was yeeted.
Because he knew carotte's flip would cement him as the next priority suspect? I feel like that's pretty obvious
Why can't it be town-town, what is it about Sloonei-Carotte that one of them has to be a wolf?
I still don't get why it's obvious.

Ok, I'm going to bed. At this point, nutella is a good suspect. I want to run Sloonei's ISO against nutella to see what it looks like from that perspective, but nutella's treatment of Sloonei is worthy of scrutiny.

There's a final page of nutella's ISO yet to read.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

nut is a villager
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Hally wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:35 am nut is a villager
:| ok
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 327
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

alison isn't lower than sloonei in that rainbow they are in the same tier
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

anyway yeah I've waffled on alison a bit, is that a problem
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Long Con wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:36 am
you may be too. but im very confident she is after reminding myself what her scum game is like
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Literally going to bed right now. Catch you in the morning ladies!
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Hally wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:37 am
you may be too. but im very confident she is after reminding myself what her scum game is like
I should check that out. I assume you linked it; I'll look it up in your ISO.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

i disagree with lc’s points in that post but i’m tempted to say he actually believes them and that he is genuinely trying to solve nut’s alignment

what does everyone else think?
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Long Con wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:39 am
Hally wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:37 am
I should check that out. I assume you linked it; I'll look it up in your ISO.
i didn’t link it but i can. one sec
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

that's a lot of energy LC just spent saying I'm flip floppy and inconsistent lmao

i don't want to sound like a caricature of myself circa 2016-17, but..... lmao

i don't want to say "LC should know me better than this" but..... LC should know me better than this
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Hally wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:40 am i disagree with lc’s points in that post but i’m tempted to say he actually believes them and that he is genuinely trying to solve nut’s alignment

what does everyone else think?
I'm feeling worse about him the more effort he puts in XD
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

well ok then

maybe i’m being too generous but that post felt more real to me than his solving in his recent scum game
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Hally wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:44 am well ok then

maybe i’m being too generous but that post felt more real to me than his solving in his recent scum game
how about this post from one a few months back

it actually feels extremely similar imo. in that one he's saying I'm not wishy-washy *enough* and i stuck too much to a scumread (which I was very right about) which actually does kinda resemble his gripe with my treatment of sloonei in this game. and the general ways he approached discrediting me there feel echoed in his isoing of me here

i'm glad i decided on a whim to open that ziggy iso. it's kind of uncanny. this is now a full blown scumread
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 420

Post by tutuu »

Alison wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:24 pm Just leaving this to note that I haven't forgotten about the previous posts addressed to me - I just got caught up in replying to the more recent ones. I'll be working through them as I have the time, and you'll get proper responses.

@JJJ - I will note here that a few people have come in and said they think my stance on Sloonei makes sense or is at least not totally bogus. Even if you disagree with them, you should at least consider that it's something that would be reasonable for town Alison to think.

linki: Martin's vote on me, while wrong, does strengthen the Martin = proto theory, since proto used to do the exact same thing. :meany:
That emoji at the end is so adorable
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

he actually discredited my pushes of both of his teammates in that game. not to toot my own horn but I was the most accurate town in that game and had scum jay completely nailed. the fact LC's discredit of me here is so reminiscent of ziggy makes me think he's chainsawing sloonei (am i using that term right it always confuses me whatever im saying lc and sloonei are w/w)
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Im like the towns talisman where i dont rly help much or do heavy lifting like u guys im just here dancing around and im thankful u guys townread and tolerate me ;-;
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

god this is like the most exciting find i feel like a detective i feel such a rush from happening upon that ziggy post it's so so so uncanny

im having a late night epiphany and it's great. lc is scum with sloonei
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

nutella wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:52 am
Hally wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:44 am well ok then

how about this post from one a few months back

it actually feels extremely similar imo. in that one he's saying I'm not wishy-washy *enough* and i stuck too much to a scumread (which I was very right about) which actually does kinda resemble his gripe with my treatment of sloonei in this game. and the general ways he approached discrediting me there feel echoed in his isoing of me here

i'm glad i decided on a whim to open that ziggy iso. it's kind of uncanny. this is now a full blown scumread
....i think see what you mean
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

it could be sloonei/lc/martin

why do i not feel like sloonei is scum now though?
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

anyway, nut is a villager. never chop
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

while we’re on the subject of a possible sloonei/lc pairing, this exchange continues to be one of the weirdest in the game. i think the weirdness comes more from lc than sloonei actually
Long Con wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:55 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:49 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:48 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:47 pm
tutuu wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:45 pm i just hacked into dizzy's account and read the role pms (sorry)

tutuu - vanilla TOWN
Hally - vanilla TOWN
Long Con - vanilla TOWN
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME - vanilla TOWN
Sloonei - vanilla TOWN
novaselinenever - vanilla TOWN
staypositivefriend - vanilla TOWN
nutella - vanilla TOWN
MartinGG99 - vanilla TOWN
Alison - vanilla TOWN

Carotenoid- Mafia GOON
Thunal33 - Mafia GOON
JaggedJimmyJay - Mafia GOON
Why am I town? Why is Jay not?
It's in your role card, my dude.
Do you also think I’m town then?
So far so good?
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

i’m inclined to say that’s more lc tmi-ing sloonei town than them being w/w though?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

this is also exciting because like. i've been playing with LC for nearly 13 years, literally we both played the same first game and have both played relatively continuously since then, and yet i've never really felt like i could read him reliably. he's just such a wildcard that his meta is just sort of a goofy black box to me. but now i actually feel like i may have put my finger on something that could be close to a tell, at least for the style he's taken on in the last year or two.

like, i'm not sure i'm articulating what's really similar about his iso of me here and his iso of me in ziggy. but it's only sort of the content, and more kind of just that it exists. in at least my more recent experience with lc, he generally just doesn't really do this kind of thing as town. maybe in late game if he's really inspired he'll pull out a case. but this, in both of these cases specifically choosing to iso me on day 2 when I'm certainly not a popular suspect and not really being talked about, and quoting several posts and nitpicking my process like that.... it seems like he's putting in a lot of work to "come up" with a suspect. it really makes sense from a scum strategy pov and i'm pretty sure it's something i've done to look like i'm solving-- pick someone to iso and construct a case from whatever i find. i'm not saying for sure that had to have been his intention when he decided to iso me here, but i just don't think town LC generally does that kind of thing.

lc said something earlier about being likely to sheep people he trusts early game, and that's more what i associate with his town game. so why is he moving on from that already and going hunting in the iso of a widely townread player to nitpick stuff?

i think he's searching for an angle to discredit my push on sloonei the same way he tried to discredit my push on jay in ziggy. and it doesn't feel like a play i expect from town lc.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

nutella wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:31 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:28 pm
nutella wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:26 pm i want to scumread that meme from alison fml
why?
I'm not sure, just my sense of alison's personality makes me think she's more likely to make a meme like that as scum than as town
She makes a lot of memes as town
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 185

Post by Alison »

I haven't fully caught up yet but I glanced over the posts from this page and I just want to say that this kind of emotion by nut (specifically the "super excited to have nailed a wolf" vibe) is incredibly impressive if it's faked, and I don't think it is, I think nut is just a villager here.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.

Return to “Previous Rackets”