Fairview (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
33%

Total votes: 15
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 79

Re: Transistor [Day 10]

Post by kneel4justice »

This is complicated, my head hurts. I guess we really should have taken a different approach with these elements in the beginning. I think I am following JJJ's logic and think it does make sense to lynch an element today, because the mafia wouldn't kill a civilian over the night - then the process would win? If I am understanding correctly & not missing anything. After that it would be best to lynch a member of the mafia, I believe? For now, I will withhold my vote to see if anyone raises a point that I haven't thought through/missed.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 43

Post by DFaraday »

JJJ's logic makes sense to me, so I will go ahead and also *vote Weed*
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 274
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

kneel4justice wrote:because the mafia wouldn't kill a civilian over the night
I think this is the point that people need to put thought into. I've asserted it repeatedly now, and it hasn't been refuted in any meaningful way. No matter what happens in this day phase, the mafia are mechanically unable to kill a townie unless they want to blow the game for themselves. If they do that, then there won't be enough votes left on the table between the town and mafia to overtake the Process, meaning the Process would have close to free reign over every tally thereafter. Moreover, if a townie is killed then only one townie remains -- that last townie will know himself to be the last townie, and thus have no reason whatsoever to trust anything anyone else says -- let alone even care what happens. The mafia need town votes to survive, and they need those votes to be motivated by real initiative. There's no other avenue for them to assert control over the tally as necessary to lynch the Process (something they absolutely must do to win the game).

I don't think I'm missing anything here. I've thought about it repeatedly and I don't see any way for this phase to be better spent lynching a player than lynching an element.

I am baffled honestly that I seem to be the only one who understands this point. Do you see a lapse in my logic?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 75

Post by DrumBeats »

K4J - I was talking when you voted in relation to when others did, not the times.

3J - Basically this game is a kingmaker scenario where we get to choose who wins process or mafia if we allow the mafia to get the first strike on us. But since I don't have time to argue and there's already enough votes on weed that Process could overrun whatever we do if I don't go with it, looks like I'm voting weed.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I think you guys have made the right choice.

If we lynch Weed and the mafia respond by killing a townie, then they're literally not paying attention to anything and probably cannot win the game. They need town votes to lynch the Process. The Process doesn't need town votes to lynch them, unless they eliminate an element to maintain the cooperative advantage.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

No, JJJ - I don't see any lapse in the logic but wanted to make sure that others didn't either in case I was overlooking something myself. I am now voting weed, too.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Jack Shephard »

Bark.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Luna wrote:Bark.
You're so adorable. Image

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Transistor [POLLS]

Post by Epignosis »

Find the Camerata or The Process.

Poll ended at Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:25 pm

Cell
No votes

Cheerleader
Luna (13)
8%

DFaraday
No votes

DrumBeats
No votes

Fetch
No votes

JaggedJimmyJay
Cheerleader (6), Fetch (7), nijuukyugou (8)
23%

kneel4justice
No votes

Luna
No votes

Man
No votes

nijuukyugou
Weed (5)
8%

Weed
JaggedJimmyJay (9), DFaraday (10), DrumBeats (11), kneel4justice (12)
31%

Epignosis (1), MovingPictures07 (2), Scotty (3), Spacedaisy (4)
31%

Total votes : 13
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Transistor [Day 9]

Post by Epignosis »

Day 10 Ends: Blank Canvas

That's what The Process is. Isn't it?
Weed has been lynched.
It is now Night 10. You have 23 hours to submit your PMs and vote.
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Re: Transistor [Night 10]

Post by DrumBeats »

Mafia: if you shoot the other civ and put me into a mafia vs process kingmaker situation, I will ask that the process claim publically and side with them.

Other civ, please do the same if mafia shoots me.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Voting Clucker.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Well that was about the stupidest thing you could have done, town. U continue to let JJJ lead u around like the sheep that u R. I'm rootin for the camerata now.

GOOOOO CAMERATA! WOOOOOO! :cloud9:
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

Voted Clucker
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Research the Process

Jerk
nijuukyugou (5)
20%

Clucker
JaggedJimmyJay (3), kneel4justice (4)
40%

The Spine (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
Epignosis (1), Scotty (2)
40%

Total votes : 5
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Night 10 Ends: Sandbox

Time to return to the Sandbox. I could use a little R&R. Some time to gather my thoughts and hum along to something familiar while I do.
No one has been killed.
It is now Day 11. You have 48 hours to lynch someone.
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Re: Transistor [Day 11]

Post by DFaraday »

I don't understand how not doing anything makes sense for the Mafia.

If I'm correct, the Process has two votes today, right? So at least it can't control the lynch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DFaraday wrote:I don't understand how not doing anything makes sense for the Mafia.

If I'm correct, the Process has two votes today, right? So at least it can't control the lynch.
I doubt it was their intent to do nothing. They were probably disrupted by Cheerleader, unless they were dumb and tried to shoot a townie but hit the Process.

You're right though that a voting advantage has still been salvaged, assuming Jerk has a vote and is unable to use it while it's not in the poll. This allows a 4 non-Process to 2 Process votes ratio, which should be sufficient to pursue a Camerata lynch today. This is of course assuming Luna isn't some Process sleeper agent with a vote that counts.

We need to talk everything over as a group before people start throwing votes around. If we lynch a player today it has the potential to decide the game, and any rash voting bears a chance of locking us into an unwinnable position. When time permits I'll explore every possibility and see where I end up.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

Damn. I was hoping an element would be killed. Better than a civ being gone though. Do we have enough numbers to lynch a mafia today? I'm concerned that at this point civs cannot win the game at all, no matter what happens today???
Also...weed (which we lynched last phase) has voted for DF today.....whatever that might mean.
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DrumBeats »

Back from vacation and should be able to contribute more to this now.

Us winning the game right now is actually impossible I think. Unless a doctor is alive, or Preston or Olmarq from the OP. If that is a case, we would need to assume voting power to work right now, we need to lynch a mafia today, putting it at:

2 town votes/2 process votes/1 Mafia vote : 2 process votes/3 nonprocess votes

This then will force the mafia to shoot an element if they want a shot at living, which can either leave us in the same position or drop the process a vote. The only way in which town can win is if the Process is down to one vote by the following day. If the mafia kill fails, we must lynch cheerleader the following day, which will still force the mafia to kill Jerk in order to drop the process down to one vote.

After the Process and Mafia are each down to one vote with one civ remaining we would need to lynch either of the two. Since the Process inherits the mafia's kill after they are eliminated it doesn't matter which one. But afterwards the situation will be:

2 town votes/1 anti-town vote

Then that night we need one of the above three roles, or another existing role that is hidden in order to pull off a win:

Doctor: Protect right - then we would need to lynch the remaining antitown on the next day.

Preston: He would need to protect himself from night-kills on the appropriate night and get shot.

Olmarq: Antitown would need to kill him the last night. Then when it is 1:1 between the antitown and the last town they would both vote each other. The town player would end up winning out the lynch.

So yeah, it kind of sucks and we might not even have any of those three alive but it's something. The lynching order I suggest if we can figure it out to this degree is:
Mafia -> Process -> Mafia

This way if we do have one of those three roles, the Process is not in control of the final kill since we know they had role cop access with Snapshot and may be able to narrow down the last shot based upon it.

Additionally, here are my guesses at the current state of the game:

Process: 3J
Mafia: K4J and Nijuu
Civ: Dfaraday
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

kneel4justice wrote:Damn. I was hoping an element would be killed. Better than a civ being gone though. Do we have enough numbers to lynch a mafia today? I'm concerned that at this point civs cannot win the game at all, no matter what happens today???
Also...weed (which we lynched last phase) has voted for DF today.....whatever that might mean.
Lol u make me laugh.
We tried to help u.
but now we just dont care. we culdnt sigh any louder n our btsc about u civs.
Whatevs. Still rootin for the camerata aka JJJ and Drumbeats. It's only a matter of time.

I'm goign 2 state cheer competition tomorrow. Wish me luck! Xoxoxoxo :cloud9:
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Cheerleader wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:Damn. I was hoping an element would be killed. Better than a civ being gone though. Do we have enough numbers to lynch a mafia today? I'm concerned that at this point civs cannot win the game at all, no matter what happens today???
Lol u make me laugh.
We tried to help u.
but now we just dont care. we culdnt sigh any louder n our btsc about u civs.
Whatevs. Still rootin for the camerata aka JJJ and Drumbeats. It's only a matter of time.

I'm goign 2 state cheer competition tomorrow. Wish me luck! Xoxoxoxo :cloud9:
Or u culd switch out Drumbeats with nijuu or u, kneel. Haha all we know is JJJ is bad, and DFaraday is civ.

Yawnnnnnn
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Before I go to sleep tonight, I'm going to address this large thing niju put up against me yesterday when I was trying to show everyone the wisdom and necessity of an element lynch:
nijuukyugou wrote:http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 07#p278007
In which MP says he "doesn't know what to think of JJJ just yet" and "understands that he's busy with games." Puts him on his wishy-washy yellow list.

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 08#p279108
In which MP "looks at JJJ" to come up with ISOs/analyses of everyone while MP is away.

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 52#p281352
In which MP updates his rainbow list and puts JJJ in green for his interactive ISOs. Puts me in green, too, which is something that asshole does when he's bad to curry favor with me :P (You'll just have to take my word on that last point.)

Now, this is a nice visual, so I'll cut with the links:

*I've snipped the pile of quotes to shorten this post*

JJJ is always at the top of his reads lists, except at the beginning, when he "understood JJJ's busyness" and put practically everyone in yellow. He never suspects him, ever, for anything. Not even a light suspicion. No NO-U in sight. He suspects everyone at some point, even to a small extent (myself included, when he was trying to decide whether to vote me or Nero in the crazy lynch), but never JJJ. The WIFOM is, of course, huge here: why would someone so enthusiastically endorse a teammate throughout the entire game? Flawlessly, enthusiastically agree with everything JJJ says? One might think MP didn't think he would be lynched so early, due to suspicion against another one of his teammates, and could get away with it. But I also think MP would pull that sort of gambit, as I've said before. Both he and JJJ, just to say they did it in the end. It's too perfect. It's too buddy-buddy to ignore as "buddying."
Yellow: This is untrue. On Day 1 MP gave me flak on a few occasions, I think in an attempt to earn llama's favor and perhaps generate a more negative thread climate for me and inhibit my ability to play my game freely and loosely. Some examples you didn't include or acknowledge in your pile:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Consider my "vote" rescinded.

reywaS, come out to play!
There was a moment in the early goings of the scrimmage game in which you pressed another player and then quickly abandoned it. I remember it was something that Silverwolf picked up on [accurately] in that game. This example shows you establishing a pressure scenario for Boardwalk and then leaving it behind rather quickly -- I would assert this is represents a parallel. What pleased you about the content he provided?
Not only did he come in and post, which satisfied me mostly, he contributed to the discussion:
AllAlongTheBoardwalk wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Elohcin wrote:I bet the process gets to choose which ability he uses and maybe after he uses an ability, it is revealed?
Seems sensible.

What thoughts do you have, Elo, any? You seemed to dislike DrumBeats's declaration of swapping votes. Why?
I don't think it productive at all. It's not any better than self voting. I believe he even said it would be a way of finding a loophole. I am tired of the self voters b/c I find it a lack of participation and even more so, a hindrance to one's team whether they are civ or mafia. And I told Epi (half way through the game I just hosted) that I wish I'd have made it a rule that you cannot self vote. He liked the idea :)
That's understandable; it's why I created the "no self voting" rule to begin with, and I'm glad to see it catch on.

Do you really think that viewpoint has any reflection of DrumBeats's alignment, however? What is the mafia motivation for him proposing that?
That's a good question. Personally, I don't see any 'good' motivation for suggesting vote trading than other than to skate through a few votes without making a real decision. So in that respect, it seems somewhat sinister to me. However, perhaps DB is just wanting to exploit loopholes because he/she can?
I liked this post because I wanted unique content from him, which he hadn't yet provided. He provided it posthaste, and then he was on the same level as everyone else who has provided content so far. So I dropped my pressure. That's it.

What I want to know is:

1) What did you think of AATB's content?
2) What makes you think that my pressure and swift abandoning is a mafia tell? You imply it based on your wording above, where you say Silverwolf [accurately] called me out for it in the scrimmage game. I think that's nonsense. This is something I do. Why do you think there is a mafia motivation to this behavior?
This is very much a "No U". I drew a parallel to MP's earliest voting behavior to what he did as a baddie in the champs scrimmage game, and in his response he asserted my reasoning was "nonsense" and tried to turn the line of interrogation back upon me.
MovingPictures07 wrote:I don't know what to think of JJJ just yet; I know he's busier right now and in three games so I'll try not to judge him harshly for lack of supatown, but it's inevitable to hold high expectations for him. I've found his light interrogation of me to be a bit peculiar, and I don't really understand where he's coming from at all this game. I'd like to engage with him about this game in real time because we have zero mindmeld going on right now and that's just not right.
You acknowledged the part where talks about me being busy, but you don't acknowledge the part where he is distinctly negative in his assessment of me. "I don't really understand where he's coming from at all this game" / "we have zero mindmeld going on right now" -- These are negative statements that defy the image you're painting of MP clapping me on the shoulder and supporting me all game long. Indeed, he didn't start to support me until after his attempts to throw shade at me on Day 1 failed to generate any truly negative thread climate. He had to change his approach to me, and that's because he wasn't getting away with his initial approach.

It is true that after Day 1, MP's treatment of me became significantly more cordial. I can't know exactly what he was trying to do, but if I were to guess: he wanted to get on my good side, especially while his ability to contribute to the game dropped significantly, and he wanted to rely on my reads to push town in an unfortunate direction. This is honestly how the game developed -- many of my early reads weren't accurate other than Elohcin, and I played an influential role in mislynches that frankly allowed the baddies to overcome the loss of Elohcin. Shit happens. I credit Scotty for being the primary person to inspire a harder look at MP later in the game, and I may not have boasted much confidence in the eventual MP lynch without investigating the nutella interaction that he first brought up. It's because of these faults in my reads that any baddie would be happy to not only keep me around, but also lend me public support and encourage me to be viewed as a leader-figure. I think MP was trying to do that.
nijuukyugou wrote:I've had time to think about this, and I can see why Mac and llama, who basically had no time, had so much trouble proving JJJ's baddiness. He's done a hell of a job covering his tracks. But if you consider nothing above, brush it off as crazy-Blooper theories, consider two things: why would two civs so enthusiastically, without abandon, without regard to how they looked in the thread, go after JJJ in such a manner? They knew something, and tried to get our attention the best way they could with their posts and multiple votes from nowhere (and it did get our attention, but in the opposite manner).
This is where your case veers away from the potential for fair consideration and into the realm of manipulation. llama and Mac both clearly suspected me, the former for essentially the entire game. Why would two civilians do that? Because they genuinely thought I was bad. There's no logical necessity for "information" to exist here, and it can't exist because it's impossible. First, I'll show you why it's a logical leap to assign information to their suspicions, and second I'll show you why I don't believe you to be sincere when you propose that theory.

1a. llama does this shit. He grips onto a suspicion and he pushes it for days and days as stubbornly as anyone I've seen in Mafia. This is why I didn't really even give him much crap for that behavior until it became so late in the game that I could no longer ignore his failure to engage me fairly. Let's pay a quick visit to Downton Abbey Mafia, in which civilian llama was wrongly suspicious of civilian Epignosis without information:
thellama73 wrote:I am still pretty suspicious of Daisy, but Edith's request to move on compels me to say that I'm starting to feel bad about Epignosis. His cool, calculating style this game makes me suspect a baddie Epi.
thellama73 wrote:
Matt wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I'm going with Scotty again. A bit puzzled as to why the people who agreed with me yesterday have been shifting away from him.
I think it was Day 2 when Wilgy pretty much cleared Scotty, and in later posts down the line, you can see Wilgy continue to say things like "Don't lynch Scotty!"

Derp
Oh right. I'm voting for Epignosis then. I think he's playing a masterful game and playing us all for fools.
thellama73 wrote:
sig wrote:Why do you think that Llama?

Matt your idea is odd, I'm mafia with Daisy since we were Pming about OT stuff? Are you mafia trying to set me up?

I'm going to look into Ika and see what I can dig up, I've got a weird gut read on him.
I have played a lot of games with Epi, and this game he seems to be very coldly calculating. Usually his calculations lead to baddie lynches, but they haven't this game. Call it a hunch, but I just don't feel good about him.
thellama73 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:There's just such little participation here, it's difficult to work out anybody's opinions. I vote and make a case and people follow that.

THIS is why civilians lose. It isn't because of mechanics (most of the time) and it isn't because of balance (most of the time).

It's because civilians don't try.

Try goddamnit.
You're so bad.
thellama73 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I do agree with Epi on one thing though, civilians need to stop blindly following him, because it has wrought nothing but civvie deaths so far.
Can't blame spacedaisy for bad lynches anymore, so you're blaming me. :shifty:

You voted DFaraday, Bubbles, spacedaisy, so that's three for you, Bucko.
The main difference is that you are bad and I am not, though. :)
There should be some familiar language in there. llama has the tendency to assert total confidence in his reads even when he makes no real effort to promote those reads. Moreover, he seems to have a hard time trusting vocal thread leaders. "I think he's playing a masterful game and playing us all for fools" -- the same stuff he repeatedly said about me in this game.

1b. Mac thought I was bad too, and he called me both MP's team mate and the Process. There can be no "information", there can only be suspicion. And he was wrong.

2. Earlier in the game, you "perceived" a separate potential reason for their behavior:
nijuukyugou wrote:No votes for mafia. On a JJJ vendetta. Methinks this stands out a bit too much for a baddie, or Process, unless there’s something we don’t know. I really, REALLY want to hear why he believes JJJ is bad, because I don’t see it, especially based on votes. It looks like a curse or screwed up win condition of some sort, reminiscent of Biblical mafia (except JJJ isn’t after llama, while llama’s after JJJ). Or he’s just fucking around.
You were willing to view his behavior from a civilian perspective, but instead of guessing at it being information, you suggested it might be a "curse". That is such a specific guess, especially when assigned to a player who would have had to carry such a "curse" for nearly the entire game to that point. I find this very telling. You saw one player who is now a confirmed townie (llama) railing hard against another player without putting forth a comprehensive case, and your guess was a "curse".

This says to me that you knew both llama and I were innocent, or at least not Camerata, and you wanted to comment on the bizarre nature of his treatment of me without drawing negative press from either of us. You created a highly specific scenario to explain his behavior in such a way that both of us could be civilians, and I think that's because you had more information than either llama or I did.

But now, in an essential end-game scenario, you return to this stuff and portray it as actual information llama/Mac might have had against me as a component of your call to lynch me -- a lynch that would end any hope of victory for the Cloudwalk faction. That's the definition of opportunism.
nijuukyugou wrote:Two, consider JJJ's plan today to go after an element instead of a baddie. I've been over this - what civilian reason would one have for doing this? The tiniest, tiniest chance, which requires trust in the mafia to go after an element instead of a civ? Not this late in the game. No way, Jose. You're just trying to buy time.
This is just plain incorrect. I laid out as clearly as I possibly could why I was pursuing the lynch of an element, even before I put up the really big post explaining it. I engaged you on this point multiple times, and each time you utterly failed to address the logic I was putting forth. Instead, you just swept everything under the rug and told me I was "just trying to buy time". So tell me:

If I am bad, and my intent is to lynch an element merely to "buy time" -- what do I gain from that? What's the point of "buying time" if the same players are all still going to be alive in the next game phase, probably carrying forward the same suspicions? This is a non-accusation entirely, it's a vague and reductionist explanation for something that I was doing for reasons you never bothered to discuss at all.

I even prompted you to explain to me what the fault was in my logic, and instead of answering that prompt you told me I was buying time. You still haven't addressed the logic I put in this thread.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Tomorrow when I am rested I can give this game my full Mafia focus. I'm finally only in one game. :dark:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Tomorrow when I am rested I can give this game my full Mafia focus. I'm finally only in one game. :dark:
U have been giving this ur full Mafia focus, you Mafia Melanie :meany:
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 54
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Jimmy.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm going to try to strip the game down to its bare bones and just lay out the fundamental cases for every player.

DFaraday

The case for DF being Camerata:

I think the simplest case to draw up here would be that MP's treatment of him during and after the Zebra lynch was more distancing than scapegoating. It should be acknowledged that despite the harsh treatment, MP didn't quite push for his lynch on Day 2 even when Elohcin was drawing the most heat.

The case for DF being the Process:

He's had his periods of being rather blendy, and that sort of positioning in any game can be effective for an independent who doesn't want to make enemies either of the town or the mafia. It's difficult to motivate a lynch of someone like that without substantive evidence, and baddies tend to like to keep players like that around longer. The latter point is probably less applicable given that the Process is immune to night kills. He also had limited verbal interaction with the elements.

The case for DF being Cloudwalk:

MP did indeed make a scapegoat of him for his part in the Zebra lynch, trying to generate negative press on an easy target that failed to amount to much. His night phase voting record is arguably the most favorable, which is a decent indicator that he isn't the Process which most other players here cannot boast. His content also bears a low capacity for manipulation given its brevity, and I think he has appeared earnest.

I feel the most likely answer is Cloudwalk. I could tinfoil him as the Process.

DrumBeats

The case for DB being Camerata:

Perhaps the proposal he gave us on Day 1 was a bold maneuver by him to coordinate town and mafia from a mafia mindset, because I do think it has proven valid both for Cloudwalk and Camerata that the Process elements have needed to be dealt with by both opposing factions. This is tinfoil, more mafia-compatible than mafia-indicative. The worst thing to say about DB here is probably that his voting record is worse than the mean at face value -- he was the first voter during the MP lynch, did not contribute to the Elohcin lynch, and at a couple points voted off-wagons. His often Process-centric focus is also compatible with a mafia mindset, given that they need to eliminate the Process just as town does.

The case for DB being the Process:

It may be a full roll of tinfoil, but we'd be remiss to completely discount the notion that DB and the elements have been engaged in a cooperative distancing effort for much of the game. It has left him in a comfortably non-Process-seeming position at this point after all. It's still tinfoil though. I think the most troubling thing about DB on this front is that it was so difficult to get him to lynch an element yesterday when it was the most crucial to do so after he spent the whole game prior ranting about the need to remove them.

The case for DB being Cloudwalk:

MP's early rainbow is a bit of a WIFOMburger, featuring both Elohcin and DB as 2 of 3 town reads alongside only AATB/Scotty. This would be rather brazen team mate behavior. WIFOM can again be employed regarding his proposal, this time in the opposite direction -- implying it was an earnest attempt by DB to communicate the urgency of Process element elimination in such a way that even the baddies might listen to him. Really I think DB in this game is the encyclopedia entry for "wine in front of me", because most points for and against him inspire that manner of thinking.

I could really see him turning up any of the three; I think there's a valid case to be made for each of them -- even the Process. Following process of elimination I think the most likely answer is Camerata.

kneel4justice

The case for K4J being Camerata:

There is the appearance of some convenience in the progression of his read on MP before and approaching his eventual lynch, as first observed by DB. His voting record appears better at face value than one might expect from someone who joined the game late and had to get acquainted with it on the fly -- he contributed to the Elohcin lynch on Day 2 soon after coming aboard.

The case for K4J being the Process:

He has had limited verbal interaction with Process elements throughout the game. At one point Badcell threw shade his way, but it was never followed up or revisited. This manner of limited content with just a little distancing would fit the profile of what I'd expect to see in the Process's interactions with the elements. He also left the door open last day phase to avoid contributing to the lynch of Weed and only did so following DF's and DB's votes.

The case for K4J being Cloudwalk:

His voting record is sound because it's sound. This is a possibility that should be acknowledged. He's given a consistent effort since replacing in to the game that I at least think has appeared earnest, and he has shown some degree of investment in hunting and discerning the motives of others. At face value I think he looks okay.

I think the most compelling possibility for K4J is The Process and that he fits that profile better than the remaining candidates.

nijuukyugou

The case for niju being Camerata:

She has assembled a solid looking voting record and referenced it to support her own cause. The obvious baddie mindset to be assigned to this would be that her votes were deliberate and informed, and that she anticipated riding them to endgame. I believe her responses to accusations have not been inspired, and her primary interest has been deflection and redirection of suspicion more than an earnest desire to clear herself and find a proper alternative. I also think her behavior during the prior day phase is easier to explain with a Camerata alignment than either other option -- she was pointedly interested in lynching me and only me (no other player or element). The Process benefits from any player being lynched, but she focused squarely on me. Cloudwalk benefited from no player being lynched, and she ignored the logic presented about that notion. The Camerata agenda would be to lynch me because I am believed to be the Process, rightly or wrongly, and that lynching me would win her the game.

The case for niju being the Process:

She has had limited interaction with the elements and only showed interest in lynching them as a "tagalong" instead of being a proper purveyor of that strategy. Her behavior yesterday could also be called pro-Process if it is not associated with Camerata.

The case for niju being Cloudwalk:

Similar to K4J, she could be credited for her voting record instead of questioned for it. If she is a civilian, then I think that would have to mean that she simply is not paying attention to the numbers/ratios between the factions, and that her behavior yesterday was simply a mistake. I don't think the civilians ever benefit from following her lead on Day 11 for reasons I've already covered ad nauseum, so her being a civilian demands some degree of ignorance.

I think the most compelling case for niju is Camerata. This is the most confident read I have.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nijuukyugou wrote:Jimmy.
Good talk.

Everyone else, please engage the discussion before dumping a vote.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Golf
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Golf »

JJJ, aren't you already confirmed Mafia? Why should I, as a civilian(?) Dog, vote for anyone but the Mafia? :confused:
Fractal
sprityo
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Fetch wrote:JJJ, aren't you already confirmed Mafia? Why should I, as a civilian(?) Dog, vote for anyone but the Mafia? :confused:
You elements have become progressively more bizarre as the game has gone on. :meany:

No, I'm not "confirmed mafia", and you're not a "civilian". You're a Process element within the faction of the Process.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Fetch wrote:JJJ, aren't you already confirmed Mafia? Why should I, as a civilian(?) Dog, vote for anyone but the Mafia? :confused:
You elements have become progressively more bizarre as the game has gone on. :meany:

No, I'm not "confirmed mafia", and you're not a "civilian". You're a Process element within the faction of the Process.
Oh. :eek:
Fractal
sprityo
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

I agree with JJJ's analysis of Ninja; I've found her posts the last few phases to feel disingenuous, and her desire to lynch a person rather than an element in the last Day phase to be suspicious. Her vote without any discussion or elaboration at all clinches it for me.

*votes Ninja*
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Ninja is a confirmed person.

*votes JJJ*
Fractal
sprityo
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DrumBeats »

3J - Your case for K4J being The process and cloud walk are weak. Voting record isn't enough to base the civ read on this late in the game with only two dead imo, especially when both of those lynches K4J was the LAST vote on the player and therefore did note contribute to either. K4J being process is possible albeit unlikely imo.

Also 3J, I was hesitant to hop on board with your plan yesterday because had the mafia successfully killed another voting element, we would have lost the little leverage we have over them at this point and nothing would have stopped them from a civ kill, though this ended up working out well in the end.

Also, I will ask the question to the group then since people still find my game long focus on the process suspicious (despite the fact that we are now seeing exactly why we should have done more work taking them down from the beginning). Why would I wait until night 3-4 (can't remember which) to shoot the process if I were mafia?

My guess for Process in order of likelihood is 3J > Nijuu > K4J > DFaraday.

My guess for mafia in order of likelihood is K4J > Nijuu > DFaraday > 3J

Other civ guess in order of likelihood is DFaraday > 3J > Nijuu > K4J

I would really like to lynch K4J today, but sadly with DFaraday and Nijuu already locking it seems Im stuck choosing between 3J and Nijuu. Got to go Nijuu on this one, as my secondary scum read. Process (3J) can wait one more day.

Vote Nijuu

Also I would like to see a likelihood list like the three I just posted from everybody.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

I did not dump a vote. I've said what I want to say. I've also had mostly phone access for the last couple of days due to traveling and sound moving shit, but that's irrelevant. JJJ is bad and has you all right where he wants you. Continue to vote me, and you'll see that for sure. Or perhaps you should rethink voting me, and vote him and see it for sure, too, but also have a chance at winning.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

nijuukyugou wrote:I did not dump a vote. I've said what I want to say. I've also had mostly phone access for the last couple of days due to traveling and sound moving shit, but that's irrelevant. JJJ is bad and has you all right where he wants you. Continue to vote me, and you'll see that for sure. Or perhaps you should rethink voting me, and vote him and see it for sure, too, but also have a chance at winning.
LOL don't know why my phone autocorrected to "sound moving." Just regular moving shit :P
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrumBeats wrote:Why would I wait until night 3-4 (can't remember which) to shoot the process if I were mafia?
If you're mafia, I'd assert that you probably wanted to kill elements earlier but were overruled by team mates or otherwise convinced to take different routes. Individual mindsets are less meaningful within the context of a team.
DrumBeats wrote:Also I would like to see a likelihood list like the three I just posted from everybody.
Civilian: DF > DB > K4J > niju
Mafia: niju > DB > K4J > DF
Process: K4J > niju > DF > DB

I think the primary factor in the thought process you're portraying that'd lead to a disagreement on K4J's Process candidacy would be that you think I'm the most likely Process. I know otherwise, and beyond that it's largely a matter of process of elimination. I think you could be the Process, but it'd require me to dive head first into a pool of WIFOM. DF seems like the best candidate to be a civilian, and niju seems like the best candidate to be mafia. Beyond that, I see K4J as Process-compatible and thus he falls into that slot.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nijuukyugou wrote:I did not dump a vote. I've said what I want to say. I've also had mostly phone access for the last couple of days due to traveling and sound moving shit, but that's irrelevant. JJJ is bad and has you all right where he wants you. Continue to vote me, and you'll see that for sure. Or perhaps you should rethink voting me, and vote him and see it for sure, too, but also have a chance at winning.
There's the rub. There's more to Mafia than "what you want to say". There's a necessity in this late-game scenario to have a conversation, or at least to try, because this is a difficult decision -- or it should be a difficult decision. By dropping your vote on me without acknowledging what I'd said about you, or without otherwise entertaining other options at all, you've largely forced the hands of people who don't boast the certainty you claim to have. And it's a good thing too, because the lynch you're promoting would have abysmal ramifications for the Cloudwalk faction.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I am voting for nijuukyugou.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

dodo
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 16

Post by dodo »

:cloud9:
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

Sorry that I wasn't here sooner. I will be placing my vote on Niju. I stand by my suspicion of her from the previous day phase and the posts following it have only increased my suspicion. I don't like how she seemingly removed herself from the discussion table by writing up a post of suspicion and immediately voting for JJJ. I also think she relied a little too much on Llama and Mac's opinion to further justify her suspicions - and JJJ pulling that post from earlier in the game where Niju mentioned it possible being a curse only further makes this suspicion look fabricated.
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Ben Linus »

Why are you guys voting Nijuu? She is not weed. JJJ is weed. Stink weed.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

The Weed holds great Wisdom.
Fractal
sprityo
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Transistor [Night 0]

Post by Epignosis »

Font Colors

The citizens of Cloudwalk have commented favorably in recent weeks on the necessity of maintaining different colored fonts for different purposes. The latest color with overwhelming approval (99% as of this evening) is red, used for obituaries and revealing irrelevant thoughts from the deceased. We will make sure moving forward that these colors remain in use. We will also ensure that the deceased are unable to vote in polls or otherwise disrupt the voting process.

Official colors available: 5

Comment? >_
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

:(){ :|:& };:
Fractal
sprityo
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Jack Shephard »

Fetch wrote::(){ :|:& };:
Bark!
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Gg JJJ and Drumbeats.

Mvp JJJ for successfully using his Jedi powers on the sheeple. Like honestly, awesome job
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Find the Camerata or the Process.

Poll runs till Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:12 pm

Cell
No votes

Cheerleader
Cell (11)
7%

DFaraday
Weed (3)
7%

DrumBeats
No votes

Fetch
Luna (15)
7%

JaggedJimmyJay
nijuukyugou (6), Fetch (8)
13%

kneel4justice
No votes

Luna
Cheerleader (5)
7%

Man
No votes

nijuukyugou
DFaraday (7), DrumBeats (9), JaggedJimmyJay (10), kneel4justice (12)
27%

Spacedaisy (1), Scotty (2), Epignosis (4), juliets (13), a2thezebra (14)
33%

Total votes : 15
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Day 11 Ends: The Spine

Looks like we finally found the thing that's doing this. Looks like we finally broke its heart.
nijuukyugou has been lynched.
It is now Night 11. You have 23 hours to submit your PMs and vote.
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Re: Transistor [Night 11]

Post by DrumBeats »

Shit. This is why I wanted to do K4J instead. The fact that the game hasn't ended yet means there may be hope though so I guess we keep fighting.

NOTE: Luna is still alive. If I die tonight, the remaining civ and Luna need to vote for K4J.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”