The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 879
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: MAD MAX: GAME OVER

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

farting eloquently in Brisbane
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Fucking Evil Bastard or Fucking Evil Bitch, as is appropriate for gender.

It is a term of endearment. Sort of.

This is the FEB smiley: :feb:

Long con designed it, on my suggestion. I like to say I commissioned it. It was designed after diamond dog, who hasn't played in a really long time.

/mafia history lesson
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 823
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I am just finding out that all winners are recorded in the Hall of Fame. I've been here for a year and a half. :faint:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 152

Post by insertnamehere »

I can now say that I'm statistically a better player than Vompatti, despite being inferior in all other methods of categorization.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 274

Post by Dom »

LoRab wrote:Fucking Evil Bastard or Fucking Evil Bitch, as is appropriate for gender.

Long con designed it, on my suggestion. I like to say I commissioned it. It was designed after diamond dog, who hasn't played in a really long time.

/mafia history lesson
I miss DD. :( Get him to come back. Make Mafia Great Again!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Dom wrote:
LoRab wrote:Fucking Evil Bastard or Fucking Evil Bitch, as is appropriate for gender.

/mafia history lesson
I miss DD. :( Get him to come back. Make Mafia Great Again!
I miss him, too. Haven't talked to him in a while. And have tried to get him to come back a few times. Will try again.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Quin wrote:
LoRab wrote:Wow. We won. I seriously didn't know how this game would end. I was admittedly frustrated with my role because I had no way of knowing if it worked, or if I was blocked, so there was a lot of assuming going on. I also made some assumptions that I should have asked about early on. Like not realizing that my protection got used up as soon as someone had a vote at all. Not that it would have mattered long run. I also realize now I never asked if I could have given someone more than one protection at a time to store up. But, in the end, I used my role well.

Anyway. Well played all. Quin. Wow. You're a total FEB. well done. You had me guessing to the end and I really read you as civ. Dom, I am sorry, but you read bad. And quin playing a squeaky clean game didn't help. You fought valiently.

The tie was for a few reasons. One was to buy more time. The other was that it was a test of sorts. If quin had been one of the roles I could protect, dom would have been lynched. I was hoping no one Alive was railroad dude. I didn't take having been blocked into account (gman pointed that out after the fact).

Good game. Much fun.
What does FEB actually stand for? I've been wondering for ages but couldn't be bothered asking :P

And GG LoRab, given how it went down you were definitely the MVP of this game!!
And thanks. (meant to say that earlier)
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 93

Post by G-Man »

I don't have Photoshop these days, so I had to slap something pretty basic together. Here are the winner's and host banners:

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
motel room
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 148

Post by motel room »

Heyy we won. Good game!
ImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 823
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

This is my first victory banner, I like it.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Sloonei wrote:This is my first victory banner, I like it.
Victory looks good on you, sir. :nicenod:
My Banners:
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 116

Post by Glorfindel »

G-Man wrote:
Sloonei wrote:This is my first victory banner, I like it.
Victory looks good on you, sir. :nicenod:
Indeed it does :bighug:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Looks pretty sexy to me, G-Man. And I know sexy. I'm Neil Hartley.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 334

Post by Quin »

Neil Hartley was rewarded enough this game, don't you think? :shifty:
G-Man wrote:Thunderstruck- JaggedJimmyJay is protected from harm; Neil Hartley is ravished by an older woman
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Only Neil truly knows how to satisfy Neil.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

A few final thoughts and tid-bits for you to wrap things up on my end:

1) The debate over the timing of replacements was impossible for me to answer while the game was going on. I didn't want to sway you guys one way or the other because that could have either implicated Quin or provided a shield from some of the scrutiny he faced. Let me explain how I replaced and when- Quin was the first vote for 'maybe/replacement' in the sign-up thread. Indiglo was the second. Glorfindel was given time to make up his mind as to whether he needed to tap out or not. He had at least arrived, read his role PM and posted in the thread. Sanmateo never read the role PM, so they were the first to be replaced once the mandatory replacement prerequisites were met. It actually had nothing to do with the fact that sanmateo was a baddie. Birdwithteeth11 and Glorfindel read their role PMs and showed up, so they got slack for that. Within an hour of putting Quin into the game, BWT requested to be replaced. BWT would have gotten an extra day had he not contacted me to tap out.

2) Except for the Beginning of the End posts, all of the day and night post titles were song titles. Back in the days of The Piano, I wrote my posts to match the mood or tone of a song and post that song as the soundtrack for the post. This time around, I got partial inspiration from the songs the posts are named after but I mostly picked song titles that sounded like they would fit a violent, pre-apocalyptic tale or the direction the post was going. They didn't always line up well.

Posts named after The Stooges songs:
DAY 0: Down on the Street
DAY 1: Not Right
DAY 2: No Fun
DAY 3: Dirt
DAY 4: Loose
DAY 5: I Wanna Be Your Dog
DAY 6: Death Trip
DAY 7: Gimme Danger
DAY 8: Your Pretty Face is Going to Hell
DAY 9: Beat That Guy
DAY 10: Shake Appeal
DAY 11: Little Doll
DAY 12: Search and Destroy
Posts named after AC/DC songs:
DAY 0: Riff Raff
NIGHT 1: Kicked in the Teeth
NIGHT 2: If You Want Blood (You've Got It)
NIGHT 3: Thunderstruck
NIGHT 4: High Voltage
NIGHT 5: Gimme a Bullet
NIGHT 6: Highway to Hell
NIGHT 7: Baptism by Fire
NIGHT 8: She's Got Balls
NIGHT 9: R.I.P. (Rock In Peace)
NIGHT 10: Night Prowler
NIGHT 11: Evil Walks
ENDGAME: Ride On

3) Had the baddies won, their victory post would have been titled "Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be" after the AC/DC song. Bubba wrote 'HELL' on the town sign (a reference to High Plains Drifter), and the town would have become something of a hell to those townsfolk unable to escape from the gang.

4) At the beginning of the Mad Max movie (the video clip I played to start the game), you can hear one of the officers mention that the Nightrider killed a rookie cop while escaping from Sun City. In the 'old days,' hosts would write themselves as the baddies' first victim. That's why I wrote the pre-game posts in the sign-up thread about me as a rookie working alongside the Sun City MFP.

5) I didn't start the game with the MFP rookies in mind as characters in the narrative posts. At first, I just kept it vague about which MFP officers were wasting people in the lynch posts. As we started to run light on MFP characters, I just made the rookies a part of the story. Lazy storytelling but it worked out okay this time. I hope no one was insulted by me having them repeat some of the faulty logic or incorrect reasons for lynching some of the civvies.

6) Secrets and clues hidden in the narrative host posts include:
Night 1- Fifi Macafee was alive and failed to locate an MFP that night.
Night 2- Fifi started the night alive and struck out again.
Day 3- Max was still alive (I used a clip of the movie where Max kills Toecutter).
Night 3- May Swaisey and Commissioner Labatouche were still alive. Labatouche was successful that night.
Day 4- Silvertongue was still alive to do the pardoning.
Day 5- Jim Goose was still alive.
Night 5- Vague hint that Max was still alive. The post title and later posts confirm that MacDougall chose the bullet as his means of death.
Day 6- Jim Goose is still alive.
Day 8- Glorfindel revealed to be missing a hand is a reference to the film. Cundalini lost a hand trying to stop Jessie from getting away in her car.
Night 8- May Swaisey is still alive.
Day 9- Vague hint that Goose is still alive because his bike is still around.
Night 11- Outs LoRab as Barry and confirms that Jim Goose is the final civvie left.

7) Motel Room's death scene Night 6 was originally written for JaggedJimmyJay. The request for a helmet was to be Neil Hartley's way of ensuring his fans could hold an open-casket funeral for him. I read into the persona of Neil Hartley that he is a tad vain and wouldn't want his pretty face mangled anyway. The baddies suspected Jimmy was May at that point and had waited him out to try and catch him on a night when he wouldn't self-protect. They waited him out perfectly but changed the kill to Motel Room late, thinking that he had BTSC with another player. I had to edit out all the Neil Hartley references in favor of a vague unknown victim until the very end of the post. Regardless of who it was for, that was one of my favorite night posts to write all game.

8) The baddies were going to kill LoRab Night 7 but changed their minds near the end of the night once again. They tried for LoRab on Night 8 instead but Jimmy protected her. They did manage to block her that night though. That made her an ineligible block or kill target on Night 9, when LoRab gave Sloonei the protection that won the game for the civvies. If anything, Nights 6 and 7 lost the game for the baddies because they changed their minds on their kill targets.

9) Epignosis tried to draw out the kill as the Station Master because the longer that role was in the game to greater the advantage to the baddies. Epi voted for sanmateo (later replaced by Quin) on Day 1, leaving the Station Master's only vote in the game as one that was cancelled out.

10) Glorfindel's second lynch post title, "Your Pretty Face is Going to Hell," was one I was saving in case Jessie got lynched. In the film, Toecutter teased her by telling her she had a pretty face, but what good would she be if she lost her looks. Scotty 2.0 was Jessie and NK'd Night 7, freeing that title up for anyone else.

11) After the Night 3 post, which effectively cleared Jimmy as a civvie, I made a conscious effort to be more vague in the night posts. The baddies weren't happy about it because there was no way Jimmy would get lynched after that, forcing them into timing a kill on him to beat any other possible protections from May. In the 'old days,' posts were dripping with the comings and goings of the different characters still alive. From a process of elimination standpoint, I can see how that makes it a tad harder on the baddies. Not everybody pays as close attention to those details but I definitely learned where I need to adapt my style to fit this audience better.

12) I was a little surprised there was no in-thread discussion of how the Max and the MFP guys could coordinate their searches. Scotty getting lynched Day 1 rendered MP07 as vanilla civvie the rest of the game, but the other three players (Wilgy, Motel Room, and Mac) managed 13 searches between the three of them, which covered 13 players but nobody gained BTSC. I was surprised that nobody struck gold on that front.

13) My original Mad Max game was run on The Piano six or so years ago. It only had 12 roles in it. Roop & Charlie were trying for BTSC just like this game, as were Sarse & Scuttle. Max. I don't think Max was trying for BTSC with his family but he would have turned serial killer had Jessie and Sprog died. I think Fifi had the same ability, as did Goose (who survived a Day 4 lynch only to be killed by the baddies Night 4 to clinch the game). Cundalini wasn't part of the original game, so only Toecutter, Johnny, and Bubba were the baddies. That game was a total blowout for the baddies. The civvies mislynched four straight days and never caught a baddie. That game was plagued by missing votes. Out of 26 total votes cast all game, only 4 votes were for baddies.

Of the players in the original game, familiar names around here include aapje, Black Rock, canucklehead, S~V~S, Tranq, and Typhoony. S~V~S was the only one to play both versions, which was pretty cool and special for me. There's a Gunslinger game of mine laying in suspended animation, waiting for a reboot. Hopefully she'll be up for revisiting that one too.
My Banners:
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 274

Post by Dom »

I love ya G. :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

I still want to play your gunslinger game!!!

And 3J--thanks for the protection!!
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

*chews straw* It's m'pleasure, ma'am.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Side Missions”