No votes

Total votes: 0
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 823
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: MAD MAX: Day 11

Post by Sloonei »

if dom wants to link me to some past scum games of his i'll be happy.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 274

Re: MAD MAX: Day 6

Post by Dom »

Sloonei wrote:
Dom wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:I come back to this thread and what do I find? Isn't this just charming... :mad: Seriously, if I'm the best you guys can come up with, we're in more trouble than I could've imagined... :(

I've literally read next to nothing that's been posted this Day phase so on the basis of my inability to make an informed decision right now, self preservation will determine my vote.
Emotional manipulation doesn't play well.

I've voted you at the moment for self preservation.
Was this vote cast out of self-preservation or because of Glorfindel's "emotional manipulation"?
Both.
Sloonei wrote:if dom wants to link me to some past scum games of his i'll be happy.
I feel like I have done this at least twice in this game. I have absolutely talked about this, maybe not linked, but talked about it.
I won this game bad
I wont this game bad
I lost this game bad.
I won this game bad, but replaced in.

Those are just recent-ish games.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I have been on the defensive since Day 6. I have done my best. It has sucked. I don't know what you want from me. I don't agree with or see Lorab's assessment of my play in any capacity.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Dom wrote:I have been on the defensive since Day 6. I have done my best. It has sucked. I don't know what you want from me. I don't agree with or see Lorab's assessment of my play in any capacity.
Show a civ game where you responded to every time your name was mentioned with the same level of emotional panic.

Show a baddie game where you responded more calmly to your name being mentioned.

The fact is in this game, as is your baddie MO, every time your name was mentioned (bad or good), it made your fur stand up, and it put you on the defensive.

I've doubted myself on you this game, because I don't read you as well as I used to. But you're bad, dude. I should have listened to those pings I had early on. Or listened to what it said when you first completely ignored and then totally freaked out that i had pings.

And also the fact that you accuse anyone who says anything about you that they are lying. Not that they are interpreting things incorrectly, or misremembering, or whatever--but that they are lying (and are bad).

The more I think about it, the more I'm feeling confident that you're the final baddie.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

then lynch me so i get get off this site.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Are you threatening to leave this site for good if you're lynched? Really? Why?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

No.
It was a mistake to post that.
I apologize.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I am simply struggling to read Quin as bad in this game. I have tried very hard to do so but the absolute best I can do is the occasional tinfoil ping here and there. Dom's frustration has seemed real the last few days, but that can be the case regardless of his alignment. I am intrigued by LoRab's most recent post about him. Are you able to respond to that, Dom?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: MAD MAX: Night 10

Post by Sloonei »

If anything is making me doubt Quin, it's the things I said in this post:
Sloonei wrote:A couple thoughts about Epi started giving me pause in relation to Dom. I've vaguely referenced this earlier, but on Day 6 both Epi and Dom came out strongly against me in a spur of the moment attack. I have begun to doubt that that was a coordinated effort. There was no opportunity for the two of them to work out such a strategy beforehand; I made a post and Epi jammed it down my throat immediately. Dom picked up a subsequent suspicion of me for the same post. What reason would there be for two teammates to conspire to attack the same person for an as-yet undetermined case like that?

The other is Epi's concession. Even if he was having difficulty committing to this game and saw no room to defend himself, Epi is not one to throw a game away. Looking back on it, I feel uneasy. His behavior suggests to me that his teammate was, at the time, well-concealed and he felt confident in their ability to win the game without him, and so he sacrificed himself and snuffed the conversation for the day in the process. LoRab opted to extend the game today, so I give her a 0% chance of being a baddie at this point. INH is still Silvertongue. So this just leaves Quin (or me, from everyone else's perspective) as a candidate for Epi's hypothetical well-concealed partner.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Sloonei wrote:I am simply struggling to read Quin as bad in this game. I have tried very hard to do so but the absolute best I can do is the occasional tinfoil ping here and there. Dom's frustration has seemed real the last few days, but that can be the case regardless of his alignment. I am intrigued by LoRab's most recent post about him. Are you able to respond to that, Dom?
not particularly. for many reasons. most important is that the behavior she's describing is actually the result of me feeling antagonized by a player who played in the games i brought to you.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I apologize for that post.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 334

Post by Quin »

Dom wrote:I'll buy you a smaller set of tweezers to keep splitting those hairs, Quin.
That is not a thing that is happening.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote:
Dom wrote:I'll buy you a smaller set of tweezers to keep splitting those hairs, Quin.
Any thoughts on any things?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote:
Quin wrote:
Any thoughts on any things?
On a strictly personal level, I want to believe that I'm wrong and that Dom's outburst where he said he'd leave the site if he were lynched is reflective of an extremely agitated and desperate townie. But I cannot fathom the possibility. My views remain the same.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

That comment had little to do with this game. I am not leaving this site and not because of this game.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: MAD MAX: Day 6

Post by Sloonei »

Dom wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Dom wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:I come back to this thread and what do I find? Isn't this just charming... :mad: Seriously, if I'm the best you guys can come up with, we're in more trouble than I could've imagined... :(

I've literally read next to nothing that's been posted this Day phase so on the basis of my inability to make an informed decision right now, self preservation will determine my vote.
Emotional manipulation doesn't play well.

I've voted you at the moment for self preservation.
Was this vote cast out of self-preservation or because of Glorfindel's "emotional manipulation"?
Both.
Sloonei wrote:if dom wants to link me to some past scum games of his i'll be happy.
I feel like I have done this at least twice in this game. I have absolutely talked about this, maybe not linked, but talked about it.
I won this game bad
I wont this game bad
I lost this game bad.
I won this game bad, but replaced in.

Those are just recent-ish games.
I had a look at Turf Wars and Arkham and can see some striking similarities between the way you respond to suspicions in those game and the way you've responded in this one. I'll take a look at some town games to see if the trend carries over, but this does not bode well for you. I also have to leave in a couple of hours and, once again, will not be around for the deadline. I am running out of time and my mind is close to being made up on this. I'll just have to wait and hope we are right.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

What is your confidence level now, LoRab?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I took a look at Rot3k and Spirited Away for town Dom. I observe a tendency to dismiss accusations in a similar way, but not as viciously, and it usually comes with a sound justification of the actions he has being accused for. In this game his primary defense has been "I've played poorly." If this is true, I apologize. But I don't think I will be changing my vote.

Good game, everyone.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

i'm 88%.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I'd stick myself somewhere in the 80s as well.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

And Hillary lost the election with those same odds. :)
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Different kind of odds.

And if you're civ, I'm sorry.

But you also haven't shown evidence of a civ game where you were falsely accused and showed the same pattern of emotionally driven trapped defense, and the increased paranoia, that you've shown as a tone in the games that you posted where you were bad.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

i am attributing the behavior you are sighting to feeling antagonized and not alignment. I think reading World Reborn, Star Wars, and Arkham will show you plenty of what I might call antagonization.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Depending on what time my brother wants me to take him to work, I may not be here for EoD. I'll try my best to get rid of him early.
ImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Dom wrote:i am attributing the behavior you are sighting to feeling antagonized and not alignment. I think reading World Reborn, Star Wars, and Arkham will show you plenty of what I might call antagonization.
The behavior I am remembering is evident in any game in which you were a baddie over the past almost a decade in which we've been playing together. And it is evident not just in those 3, but in all the games you cited earlier.

I don't remember that tone in your civ games.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I would tend to disagree with you. :shrug:

I'm not bad. I'm exhausted from defending for about 5 days straight. I played a shit civ game and the baddies deserve this win, despite how hard I fought against it.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

I'll ask again--can you link to a civ game in which you have shown this same tone. Or a bad game in which you have not shown this tone.

Or at least mention which games those might be.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Avant Garde 2 - Baddie
Shawshank - serial killer
A civ game would be Teh Syndicate Mafia, but that's utterly unreadable now. Also American Gods
I don't remember how I played in Downton, but I was civ.
I don't remember how I played in Gentleman's Guide, but I was bad.

I was hoping this would be a year of many civ wins for me. I guess not. :sigh: Guess I'll be known as someone who only wins as bad.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

If there's any last minute conversations that anybody wants to have, I'm here for a bit. Otherwise I don't have much left to say.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

No I'm not. But I'll be back in 5-10.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

ok
ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

pls change ur votes guys.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

sloonei, pls
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

lorab, you voted with me yesterday. please come to your senses and do it again
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

is there a nail biting emoji out there somewhere because i would very much like to use it
ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 93

Post by G-Man »

LITTLE DOLL

Everyone in the gallery could barely stay in their seats. Rapt with anticipation, they took in every question by the prosecution. Dom took the stand but was fumbling in grand fashion.

"You make a lot of assumptions in trying to prove your innocence. How do you expect the jury to jump through all those hoops to believe you?" the prosecutor asked.

Dom gave the man a confused look and babbled something unintelligible. The prosecutor sighed and rephrased his question.

"Are you able to understand why all these assumptions create a path that is difficult for the jury to follow and trust?"

Dom blew a raspberry and giggled as saliva ran down his chin. The prosecutor scowled.

"I will remind the witness that he is under oath, necessitating honest and direct answers to the people's questions."

Dom smiled as he passed gas loud enough for everyone in the courtroom to hear.

"Your honor," the prosecutor bellowed, "the witness is clearly hostile. We're getting nowhere. I move for the jury to render their verdict."

Dom scrunched his face in frustration and growled at both the prosecutor and the judge.

"Movement granted," the judge said. He looked at Dom, "You should have behaved yourself and tried harder."

The scolding struck a chord with Dom. His face melted into a pout and tears welled up in his eyes. He wailed a sharp, piercing cry that skirted the line of cultivating sympathy and annoyance. He flailed his arms and writhed on the floor in anger. All parties present were shocked by his behavior.

But that's what happens when you put a toddler on trial.

-------------------------------------------------

DOM has been lynched. He was SPROG ROCKATANSKY.

It is now Night 11. Role PMs are due by 8:00 pm US Eastern.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Re: MAD MAX: Night 11

Post by Quin »

:|
ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

On a side note, I want to make it clear that the content of the lynch post is something I had planned for Sprog's potential lynch for most of the game. It is in no way a swipe at Dom.
My Banners:
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 152

Post by insertnamehere »

well, there's your problem.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

:sigh:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I am clueless
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 116

Post by Glorfindel »

Dom wrote::sigh:
:bighug:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 289

Post by MacDougall »

:haha:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

A few people asked me if Sprog really is a toddler in the movie. The answer is yes. Here is a picture of Sprog and Jessie just before they get run down by Toecutter's gang (the catalyst for making Max go mad):
My Banners:
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Sorry, Dom. Truly.

That the game is not over means there is still a chance we can win, though. I somehow doubt I'll live the night.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

For what it's worth, if I'm still alive at the end of this night, I'm really not sure where to vote. I'm also curious:

@GMan: If there are 2 people left in the game, will a tied lynch still end in no lynch?
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

LoRab wrote:For what it's worth, if I'm still alive at the end of this night, I'm really not sure where to vote. I'm also curious:

@GMan: If there are 2 people left in the game, will a tied lynch still end in no lynch?
If there are two people left after the Night Post, then the baddies will win automatically. They have to tie or outnumber the civvies.

Possibly.
My Banners:
G-Man
Made Man

Re: Mad Max: Polls

Post by G-Man »

DAY 11

My Banners:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

EVIL WALKS

Jim Goose and Barry the Mechanic sat in the MFP garage, drinking beers and telling stories. The town was close to getting rid of these biker freaks once and for all. But they were also close to having the town fall apart. Drinking and chatting were their best coping mechanisms, so that’s what they did. As the moon came out from behind a cloud, the rookies pulled into the garage, their Interceptor making an awful racket.

“Rookie babies!” Goose teased. “Taking top-notch care of your wheels again, are we?”

“Nice to see you too, Goosey,” Rookie One said. “Barry, the transmission is shot and the brakes are spent. Think you can fix them for the morning shift?”

“Can Barry fix it?” Goose declared. “You boys really are green. Barry here can fix any problem, so long as we’ve got the parts, right Barry?”

“That’s right Goose,” Barry said. “But I could use a hand on this one. There's only one backup Interceptor left. Gotta get this baby back in running condition before we let them wreck the only other thing that works tomorrow.”

“I can help,” Rookie Two chirped.

“No, no, no,” Goose said with a wave of his hand. “You've done plenty of damage already for one day. Besides, you rookie babies need your beauty rest, so off with you now. You need to be back here at oh-six hundred. Barry, I’ll run down to the mini-market and grab another six pack. Back in a few, mate.”

As Barry jacked up the Interceptor and took off the front tires, he could hear Goose bragging about his automotive skills.

“You rookie babies will learn fast that Barry is a godsend. Without him, why we’d be duct taping our cars together. I can’t tell you how many times he’s bailed me out of a jam.”

Their voices faded into the night and Barry got to work. He swapped out the brakes in a matter of minutes and started to work his way underneath to look at the transmission. He heard boots walking in from the outside and called out for assistance.

“Hey Goosey,” he said, “can you jack her up a little more. We’ll need extra space under here to get her out.”

He saw the boots walk to the front of the car. He heard the floor jack groan as the car raised up almost another full foot in the air.

“Perfect!” Barry cheered.

What happened next was the exact opposite of perfect, though. The wearer of the boots kicked the bottle jacks out of the way and the floor jack was released with a hiss. The Interceptor’s slammed down on Barry’s torso, crushing everything inside. The pain was so sudden and immense that Barry couldn’t even muster a full cry for help.

Content with one final kill, Bubba Zanetti grabbed a can of paint and a brush from the maintenance cabinet. He had an idea. Something he saw in a movie years before joining Toecutter’s roving band of misfits. He took one last look at the scene and walked off into the night, leaving his handiwork for Jim Goose to discover.

--------------------------------------

LORAB has been killed.

It is now Day 12.

My Banners:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: MAD MAX: Day 12

Post by Sloonei »

Quin is a monster and I hate him.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”