Meanwhile...(Host/Non-Player)
57%

Total votes: 7
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 50

Twin Peaks Mafia FIRST GAME: {GAME OVER}

Post by insertnamehere »

The geometry of innocence, flesh on the bone, causes Galileo's mathbook to get thrown, at Delilah who's sitting lifelessly alone. But the tears on her cheek are from laughter.
Welcome to Twin Peaks. My name is Margaret Lantermen. I live in Twin Peaks. I am known as the log lady. There is a story behind that. There are many stories in Twin Peaks. Some of them are sad, some funny. Some are stories of madness, of violence. Some are ordinary. Yet they all have about them a sense of mystery. The mystery of life, sometimes the mystery of death. The mystery of the woods, the woods surrounding Twin Peaks. To introduce this story let me just say it encompasses the all. It is beyond the fire. Though few would know that meaning. It is a story of many but it begins with one and I knew her. The one leading to the many is Laura Palmer. Laura is the one.

INT. BLUE PINE LODGE - DAY

We FOCUS on a black porcelain figure of two dogs. We PAN to a nearby mirror and see JOSIE PACKARD, a beautiful Asian woman, in the reflection. Dressed in a pink robe, she is humming as she applies her makeup.

CUT TO:

CATHERINE MARTELL, a stout woman with curly red hair, is sipping coffee in the kitchen as her husband PETE MARTELL, wearing a hat and tugging fishing gear, walks in. PETE walks up to CATHERINE, kisses his palm and pats her on the cheek. She gives no response. In a dour voice he says ...

PETE
Gone fishing.

He raps his knuckles on the counter and walks out the door.

CUT TO:

In her room, JOSIE hears a door close and looks around still humming.

CUT TO:

EXT. BLUE PINE LODGE - DAY

PETE, carrying a fishing pole and tackle box, is walking away from his house along a walkway near the lakeshore. There is a sound of a distant foghorn.

PETE

A lonesome foghorn blows.

He stops walking, turns to look out onto the lake and from a distance sees some plastic alongside a colossal cut tree log laying on the lakeside. He slowly walks over to the item and discovers that it is a human form wrapped in plastic.

TUNE ENDS: LAURA PALMER'S THEME

CUT TO:

In the kitchen, PETE is on the phone and is visibly shaken.

PETE
Oh dear. Lucy, Lucy this is Pete Martell. Lucy put Harry on the horn.

CUT TO:

INT. TWIN PEAKS SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT - DAY

SHERIFF HARRY S. TRUMAN is pouring himself a cup of coffee. LUCY MORAN, in her office, tells SHERIFF TRUMAN which phone to pick up and he stands bewildered in the process.

LUCY
Sheriff its Pete Martell up at the mill. I'm going to transfer it to the phone on the table by the red chair ... the red chair against the wall ... the ... the little table with the lamp on it. The lamp that we moved from the corner. The black phone not the brown phone .

The black phone rings and SHERIFF TRUMAN answers it.

SHERIFF TRUMAN
Morning Pete. Harry

CUT TO:
PETE
She's dead. Wrapped in plastic.

Welcome to Twin Peaks. It is Day 0. It is your job to find out who killed Laura Palmer. Some people are not who they say they are. Other people do not know who they are yet. All that is certain is that only one can win...

You have 24 Hours to vote in the poll.
Last edited by insertnamehere on Fri May 03, 2013 6:37 pm, edited 31 times in total.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Spoiler: show

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Re: Twin Peaks Mafia {DAY 0}

Post by insertnamehere »

SUSPECTS

Kate
thellama73 ~ Day 5 ~ Andy Brennan
Snow Dog ~ Night 3
MovingPictures
Nevinera ~ Day 2 ~ Maddy Ferguson
S~V~S
birdwithteeth11 ~ Day 4 ~ James Hurley
Boogs ~ Day 1 ~ Windom Earle
Vompatti ~ Night 5
Matahari ~ Night 6
Elochin Replaced by Roxy, Night 0
Russtifinko ~ Day 6 ~ Log Lady ~ Possessed by BOB
Last edited by insertnamehere on Thu May 02, 2013 4:26 pm, edited 12 times in total.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

RULES
1. No BTSC (Behind the Scenes Contact/Conversation) with anyone other than your specified BTSC partners.
2. No editing or deleting of posts.
3. No role outing of yourself or anyone else.
4. No double-targeting (targeting the same individual with a power twice in a row).
5. No disrespectful behavior.
6. Dead players should not post on-topic and should be in dead red. There is a "dead" button when posting for this function.
7. Off-topic posts should be in off-topic green. There is an "OT" button when posting for this function.
8. Posts from non-players should be in non-player blue. There is a "np" button when posting for this function.
9. If you have any questions, think you've found an error, or need help, send a PM to insertnamehere or the mod on duty, Epignosis.

Rules stolen borrowed from Epignosis'es Masters of the Universe Mafia.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

You may now post.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 416
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

:smile:
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 130

Post by S~V~S »

Having played I think every INH game, i look forward to inexplicable mayhem, lol.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 265

Post by thellama73 »

Yay game! Let the Insanity begin!
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Not much mayhem so far~
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 140
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Yay game!
Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Boogs »

Woooooooo! :lorab:
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

What do you guys think of the poll? I'm thinking we should start at the diner so we can have coffee while we investigate.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Nevinera »

Diner sounds good, I could go for some pie.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:What do you guys think of the poll? I'm thinking we should start at the diner so we can have coffee while we investigate.
Has anyone who has seen Twin Peaks think any of these options would make more sense than others?
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

If you are going to post spoilers, please post a warning.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Does anyone not know who killed her?
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:What do you guys think of the poll? I'm thinking we should start at the diner so we can have coffee while we investigate.
Has anyone who has seen Twin Peaks think any of these options would make more sense than others?
I just watched it and I think one of them would make a heck of a lot of sense but I don't know how to say so without spoiling it.

Lol at spoiling a 25 year old show. :biggrin:
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Kate wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
I just watched it and I think one of them would make a heck of a lot of sense but I don't know how to say so without spoiling it.

Lol at spoiling a 25 year old show. :biggrin:
You COULD vote for something and we could follow, so technically it isnttttt spoiling lol! :haha:
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

So the mill is the well mill...they make stuff and stuff. You see mostly josey, Pete and Catherine there.

The high school has Donna, Laura's BFF, bobby her bf, james, her bf on the side and various others.

The great northern is a hotel owned but Ben Horne his daughter Audrey is there (she's also at the high school) bens brother a lawyer and Leland, Laura's father another lawyer.

The diner has the pretty blond owner can't remember her name but has an ex con husband and a bf, big Ed. Shelley works there who is marry to Leo a jerk. Lots of pies and coffee. The cops and cooper hang there a bit.

The roadhouse is a bar. James and bobby most likely to be found there I think

One eyed jacks is a whore house. I don't think I should say more about that for spoiler reasons.

After thinking it over, there are a lot of people at hotels. I'm gonna go investigate there.
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Kate wrote:So the mill is the well mill...they make stuff and stuff. You see mostly josey, Pete and Catherine there.

The high school has Donna, Laura's BFF, bobby her bf, james, her bf on the side and various others.

The great northern is a hotel owned but Ben Horne his daughter Audrey is there (she's also at the high school) bens brother a lawyer and Leland, Laura's father another lawyer.

The diner has the pretty blond owner can't remember her name but has an ex con husband and a bf, big Ed. Shelley works there who is marry to Leo a jerk. Lots of pies and coffee. The cops and cooper hang there a bit.

The roadhouse is a bar. James and bobby most likely to be found there I think

One eyed jacks is a whore house. I don't think I should say more about that for spoiler reasons.

After thinking it over, there are a lot of people at hotels. I'm gonna go investigate there.
Well, if Laura's father is a lawyer and is at the hotel, I will investigate there also. Maybe he can tell us some clues on guys who have been hanging around his daughter or being weird at the hotel lately.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 61
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Hi everyone!

Thanks for the quick summary, Kate. I think I'll go with high school, there are a lot of people at the high school. Hopefully that means lots of leads to follow. And nothing bad can happen at a high school, right?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Vompatti »

I'm hungary so I'm voting for the diner.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 172

Post by Snow Dog »

The diner. Just love me some cherry pie. And damn fine coffee!
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I'm looking at the roles again and I am baffled. Is there no actual mafia team?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I voted Diner as well.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

This is going to be crazy hard. Every other day, BOB gets a new teammate, so we have to have a better than 50% accuracy on our lynches or they will quickly outnumber us. And on the first day we are almost sure to lynch a civvie because BOB will not have recruited yet.

Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

thellama73 wrote:This is going to be crazy hard. Every other day, BOB gets a new teammate, so we have to have a better than 50% accuracy on our lynches or they will quickly outnumber us. And on the first day we are almost sure to lynch a civvie because BOB will not have recruited yet.
Where did you get this from? I don't see the role descriptions anywhere.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

thellama73 wrote:This is going to be crazy hard. Every other day, BOB gets a new teammate, so we have to have a better than 50% accuracy on our lynches or they will quickly outnumber us. And on the first day we are almost sure to lynch a civvie because BOB will not have recruited yet.
I see. This answers my question I guess. The mafia is at present just Bob. But it will grow. So if by luck we lynch BOb first time...game over?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Vompatti wrote:
In the hosts sig

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=43
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I think kate has a point about the Hotel, going there~
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Snow Dog wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
In the hosts sig

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=43
Ah.

Image Image Image
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Snow Dog wrote:
I see. This answers my question I guess. The mafia is at present just Bob. But it will grow. So if by luck we lynch BOb first time...game over?
I think we probably have to get Windom Earle as well. He is pretty bad.

Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Elohcin »

Yay Game and hello everyone. Kate, thank you for the overview. I think the Hotel looks like a good place to investigate as well.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Nevinera »

But... pie.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Elohcin »

Nevinera wrote:But... pie.
I'm trying to lose a few pounds :D
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Definitely appreciate the summary, Kate. I do think hotel and perhaps even diner make sense, but I also think Russ is right about high school being a good option, so I'm going with that one instead. Something about the hotel (and definitely diner) says to me more unsafe than a high school, but maybe I'm wrong. That and I like to be contrary in Day 0 polls. That's actually probably more of it, lol.

As to the roles, I'm confused there as well. I did notice some role names are in black text and some are in white. Why is that?
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Definitely appreciate the summary, Kate. I do think hotel and perhaps even diner make sense, but I also think Russ is right about high school being a good option, so I'm going with that one instead. Something about the hotel (and definitely diner) says to me more unsafe than a high school, but maybe I'm wrong. That and I like to be contrary in Day 0 polls. That's actually probably more of it, lol.

As to the roles, I'm confused there as well. I did notice some role names are in black text and some are in white. Why is that?
:coffee2:
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 21

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Yay game!

I guess Bob starts out as the only mafia member. Makes sense to me, since there's not much else to go on in terms of alignment descriptions.

I definitely don't want a whorehouse or a bar, so the last two options are out. I'm not terribly hungry right now, and too many horror movies tell me that a hotel is a really bad idea. So I think I will be going with the high school as well.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Definitely appreciate the summary, Kate. I do think hotel and perhaps even diner make sense, but I also think Russ is right about high school being a good option, so I'm going with that one instead. Something about the hotel (and definitely diner) says to me more unsafe than a high school, but maybe I'm wrong. That and I like to be contrary in Day 0 polls. That's actually probably more of it, lol.

Black and white typically represented good and bad in the show...with black as bad.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Kate wrote:

Black and white typically represented good and bad in the show...with black as bad.
That kind of makes sense with most of the roles except that BOB and Earle are white.

Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

thellama73 wrote:
Kate wrote:

That kind of makes sense with most of the roles except that BOB and Earle are white.
Yea can't explain that. The bad cabin was black, etc. Etc. So not sure...bob and earle def came across as the big bads.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

I just looked at the list and can come up qith no correlation between the white or black names. Ill think more on it later. Phones dying.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

So 12 are white 12 are black. There aare 12 players. Maybe the first set was sent out and the second set is to be sent out?

Inh is it ok for us to reveal if our role is white or black?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Kate wrote:So 12 are white 12 are black. There aare 12 players. Maybe the first set was sent out and the second set is to be sent out?

That's a clever thought, but if so it would mean BOB would not be around for half of the game. It seems unlikely, but if it is true, BOB would surely have to be in the first half, so we could deduce that the first half is white and the second is black.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

But Earle has to survive to the end to win, so that doesn't make sense either.

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I think we will be kept guessing this game. Just like the show.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Kate wrote:So 12 are white 12 are black. There aare 12 players. Maybe the first set was sent out and the second set is to be sent out?

Please don't.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

thellama73 wrote:

That's a clever thought, but if so it would mean BOB would not be around for half of the game. It seems unlikely, but if it is true, BOB would surely have to be in the first half, so we could deduce that the first half is white and the second is black.
I think that would be an astute observation. And likely in my opinion.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

thellama73 wrote:But Earle has to survive to the end to win, so that doesn't make sense either.
Why not? If he has to survive to the end, why does it matter when he appears?
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

insertnamehere wrote:

Please don't.
OK
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Kate wrote:
thellama73 wrote:But Earle has to survive to the end to win, so that doesn't make sense either.
Why not? If he has to survive to the end, why does it matter when he appears?
How can you "survive till the end" if you are only in the game for the first half? That is what worries me. You could still be right though.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”