Welcome to Night Vale Mafia [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 209

Re: Welcome to Night Vale Mafia [DAY 6]

Post by speedchuck »

Dom wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:59 am
Golden wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:48 am In the heart of hearts, here is my ranking, from most likely to least likely to be politician:

Speedchuck
Dom
Ricochet
INH
Sprityo

All five of these people could be. I'm leaving out Wilgy, Quin and Boomslang who I simply don't believe can be at all. I'll also note that I have each of Dom, Rico and Sprit penciled in to specific roles, but not speedchuck or INH.
Why'd I make timmer the center of discussion, if I'm a politician?
Why would I undermine the strategy of my teammate?
Aye, this. I haven't even been considering Dom for the status of politician.

Could somebody update me on why Sprit is apparently confirmed town?
SIGNATURE:
Spoiler: show
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 170

Post by Ricochet »

speedchuck wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:07 am Aye, this. I haven't even been considering Dom for the status of politician.

Could somebody update me on why Sprit is apparently confirmed town?
sprityo wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:14 pm
Rico, I know for a fact that the real Cecil is alive

Eloh was Kevin 100%
Ricochet

Re: Welcome to Night Vale Mafia [NIGHT 4]

Post by Ricochet »

Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 119

Post by Quin »

Golden wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:48 am In the heart of hearts, here is my ranking, from most likely to least likely to be politician:

Speedchuck
Dom
Ricochet
INH
Sprityo

All five of these people could be. I'm leaving out Wilgy, Quin and Boomslang who I simply don't believe can be at all. I'll also note that I have each of Dom, Rico and Sprit penciled in to specific roles, but not speedchuck or INH.
Because he wasn't here. timmer's absence doesn't necessary have to be a strategy.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Boomslang »

sprityo wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:51 am
Boomslang wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:09 pm Still out on vacation. Did read through the thread, and I agree with Dom the best candidates are speedchuck and spirityo. Voting speedchuck.

About Rico, if we think TSP was Hiram due to secrets, then his post restriction isn't coming from a role restriction.
i know he's third party and all but this is questionable.

how much do we trust boomslang to side with us if it comes down to it you think? i wouldnt mine removing him if we couldnt come to a conclusion on who to lynch by tomorrow evening
I think this is a very wasteful line of thinking. We only have a few shots to get the remaining mafia, and deliberately using one of those shots on someone you don't suspect as bad is asinine.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 377

Post by Dom »

speedchuck wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:51 pm
Dom wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:58 pm Golden, why do you think speedchuck never followed up on Tony's town reads?
I can answer that if you like.

I, uh, forgot.
bullsuit.

I'm one of the least likely to be politician, but you put me yellow on your rainbow?

You're talking every way out of your ass.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Boomslang wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:51 am
sprityo wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:51 am
Boomslang wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:09 pm Still out on vacation. Did read through the thread, and I agree with Dom the best candidates are speedchuck and spirityo. Voting speedchuck.

About Rico, if we think TSP was Hiram due to secrets, then his post restriction isn't coming from a role restriction.
i know he's third party and all but this is questionable.

how much do we trust boomslang to side with us if it comes down to it you think? i wouldnt mine removing him if we couldnt come to a conclusion on who to lynch by tomorrow evening
I think this is a very wasteful line of thinking. We only have a few shots to get the remaining mafia, and deliberately using one of those shots on someone you don't suspect as bad is asinine.
nijuukyugou wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:51 am
killed by the Man in the Tan Jacket.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Quin wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:49 am

Speedchuck
Dom
Ricochet
INH
Sprityo

Because he wasn't here. timmer's absence doesn't necessary have to be a strategy.
:sigh:

At least this further cements my belief you are civ. :p
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 198
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

speedchuck wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:24 am
Dom wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:46 pm Show me why someone else is bad.
Without using POE?

Because, y'know, I've made several POE analysis posts since daystart.

I mean, if you're a lie detector (and a stingy one), try this: I had no idea what Wilgy would be cursed today. I did not curse him. I did not visit him in any way, shape, or form last night.

My arguments today have been based on alignment with other players, statements that don't make sense, and POE. I don't do tonereads. I can't read tone.
I don't know what you want from me.
Speedchuck, you're not getting away this time.

vote speedchuck
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Rolling the dice was never in your favor, perhaps if you had payed more attention you would've realized this

:keys: :slick:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 107

Post by DrWilgy »

Hmmm...

Scruffy don't think . Scruffy do. I will be the first to admit, I got really drunk last night. I see we lynchin that crustacean Zoidberg. Scruffy believes in y'all.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Dom wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:01 am
speedchuck wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:51 pm
Dom wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:58 pm Golden, why do you think speedchuck never followed up on Tony's town reads?
I can answer that if you like.

I, uh, forgot.
bullsuit.

I'm one of the least likely to be politician, but you put me yellow on your rainbow?

You're talking every way out of your ass.
Dude. You don't have to be a dick.
sprityo wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:40 am Rolling the dice was never in your favor, perhaps if you had payed more attention you would've realized this

:keys: :slick:
If you're talking to me, I don't know what you mean. But I guess I'm done, so :shrug2: . Perhaps someone could look at my lynch advice tomorrow when their heads are a modicum further out of their rectums. Thanks.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Since I'm probably out of the game, I'll tell you why I was lower effort and not super-hard scumhunting this game, Sprit.

I spend a decent amount of time on my breaks at work looking at the game. During my lunch break, and so on. But one of the guys on my team, a real annoyance, decided without prompting to help me automate a 1 minute process. For convenience.

That automation has taken the last week and a half of him sitting at my desk, over my shoulder, guiding me to recreate the entire effing system for the smallest amount of convenience. I got only the smallest of breaks to catch up on the game, because this guy doesn't eat lunch. I have basically had a coworker over the shoulder for almost two weeks, one that will absolutely call me out for slacking on my unclassified computer.

If I seem frustrated, that's part of the reason. Anyone picking me apart for not keeping notes and following up on everything perfectly is just piss in the wind. The worst part is that we're testing his automated system when we get back to work, and if it doesn't work, this whole thing starts over again.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

speedchuck wrote:
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

speedchuck wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:19 pm Since I'm probably out of the game, I'll tell you why I was lower effort and not super-hard scumhunting this game, Sprit.

I spend a decent amount of time on my breaks at work looking at the game. During my lunch break, and so on. But one of the guys on my team, a real annoyance, decided without prompting to help me automate a 1 minute process. For convenience.

That automation has taken the last week and a half of him sitting at my desk, over my shoulder, guiding me to recreate the entire effing system for the smallest amount of convenience. I got only the smallest of breaks to catch up on the game, because this guy doesn't eat lunch. I have basically had a coworker over the shoulder for almost two weeks, one that will absolutely call me out for slacking on my unclassified computer.

If I seem frustrated, that's part of the reason. Anyone picking me apart for not keeping notes and following up on everything perfectly is just piss in the wind. The worst part is that we're testing his automated system when we get back to work, and if it doesn't work, this whole thing starts over again.
sorry to hear that bud, I know you are a good player and I'm sorry that you couldn't be more in depth

Sometimes the cards fall in your favor, and sometimes they fall into other's
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

speedchuck wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:19 pm Since I'm probably out of the game, I'll tell you why I was lower effort and not super-hard scumhunting this game, Sprit.

This sucks. I'm really sorry to hear this.

Also-- I'm sorry my behavior and words impacted you negatively. That is not my intention.

Vote=speedchuck
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Nah, it's cool, Dom. :P I'm just not used to being dismissed so... vehemently.

Thanks for letting me vent a bit, though. I have been having a lot of fun this game, despite my coworker problems.
Ricochet wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:32 pm
speedchuck wrote:

So, Wilgy, why did you vote for Rico?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

sprityo wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:40 am Rolling the dice was never in your favor
Still want to know what this means.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Also, my indignant getting-lynched snark might have seemed a bit more aggressive than I meant to be. Sorry if I made anyone feel uncomfortable.

Like I always say to my fellow Overwatch players: "Is game. Why you be mad?"
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 107

Post by DrWilgy »

Scruffy already said this. For the good of this company, we must kill Bender.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Vote Rico

Good enough for me. I'm peace-ing out of the thread for a bit.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:59 pm Scruffy already said this. For the good of this company, we must kill Bender.
Vote=speedchuck
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 82
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Golden wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:09 am Blooper, do I get a vote?
You're welcome to place a vote, but it will be worth 0.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

Also, sorry if I've missed some of y'all's questions in real time - it's been a fun but very busy trip this week in New England! :omg:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 483

Post by Golden »

My meaningless vote goes on Speedchuck.

Speedchuck was legitimately concerned that a tracker could have seen him targeting Wilgy, in my book. He's trying to explain it away, and the only legitimate explanation is that he's the sheriff targeting Wilgy for protection... which holds a little merit, but not a lot (would anyone really target Wilgy for the kill? Maybe, but he seems one of the least invested at this point, so I'm sceptical.)

Dom, I know you want to fight me for why you're second. I think speedchuck is bad, and everyone else is good, so it's simply putting you top of the list amongst a group of people who don't look like Politicians to me. I don't want to fight you on 'why you're town' because I have a specific role in mind for you, that I had previously believed to be Epi but was wrong.

Put simply though, everyone looks good, the last politician has played this game extremely well, but it has to be someone. It's hard ranking a bunch of people who all look town. I would have assumed it had to be Boomslang if it wasn't for last night.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Golden wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:22 pm My meaningless vote goes on Speedchuck.

Speedchuck was legitimately concerned that a tracker could have seen him targeting Wilgy, in my book. He's trying to explain it away, and the only legitimate explanation is that he's the sheriff targeting Wilgy for protection... which holds a little merit, but not a lot (would anyone really target Wilgy for the kill? Maybe, but he seems one of the least invested at this point, so I'm sceptical.)
No. I was concerned that Dom had tracked Sprit, thus rendering my suspicion of him moot.

But I am assured that Sprit is a town role because of *cage-y reasons*. I have to assuming that we're talking about role related stuff.

Where I come from, talking about a role without being straightforward will often get you lynched or killed. It's called magic bagging. "Hey, I have this role/information, but I'm totally not absolutely claiming it, so nobody can contradict me." In other words "I've got something cool in my magic bag, don't lynch me."

But here, talking about your role will get the mod to kill you, so... yeah.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Well speed, I think you're probably done. But I'm interested in your views of dom if you're town. They'll matter tomorrow.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Ricochet
14%
Voters: DrWilgy, speedchuck
speedchuck
36%
Voters: Golden, Boomslang, Dom, sprityo, Ricochet
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Golden wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:31 pm Well speed, I think you're probably done. But I'm interested in your views of dom if you're town. They'll matter tomorrow.
Dom's still town. Look at INH and Rico. :beer:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I'd still look at rico before I looked at inh
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

One thing I will say, though? Boomslang is trying to get the town a win. You peeps should trust him I believe. He'll help thin the field of potential baddies.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Golden wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:50 pm I'd still look at rico before I looked at inh
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

well I guess my vote is more ceremonial and arbitrary than anything else
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

insertnamehere wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:27 pm well I guess my vote is more ceremonial and arbitrary than anything else
Ricochet wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:14 pm
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Unfortunately, last time I checked, I wasn't a lawyer living in New Zealand.

I'm still gonna write a case against you, just out of sheer prickliness.

The sad part is that with the short term memory of some of these people, they'll probably forget it by this time Day 7. If there is a Day 7.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

insertnamehere wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:42 pm Unfortunately, last time I checked, I wasn't a lawyer living in New Zealand.

I'm still gonna write a case against you, just out of sheer prickliness.

The sad part is that with the short term memory of some of these people, they'll probably forget it by this time Day 7. If there is a Day 7.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:59 pm Scruffy already said this. For the good of this company, we must kill Bender.
Vote=speedchuck
You are not the cat.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Dom wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:48 pm
Vote=speedchuck
You are not the cat.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

So much clearer.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

You think quin might be?
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Golden wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:18 pm Of course rico is bonkers enough, but that doesn't mean he's bad. He was one of the most vehement in keeping tony firmly in his sights as a lynch option.

This is a guy who I seriously contemplated for a while as politician, but it just doesn't fit with the facts.
Alrighty, this seems to be the thin-ass reasoning behind why no one but myself and Futurama Wilgy seem to not be considering Rico in any real way.

And it's bullshit.

The Day 3 vote made Tony looks shady as shit, and he seemed like primo lynch material. Rico did take a stand against him, by posting cat emojis, but he was much more loudly against myself and Golden.

In fact, Ricochet and TonyStarkPrime both voted against me on Day 2 and Day 4. Ricochet never voted for TSP a single time.

It's already clear how two baddies from two different teams, Epignosis and TonyStarkPrime, were able to use me as an easy target, with Ricochet being the one driving the train with the false accusation against me.

Rico posted a couple wolfie emojis in response to TSP's posts immediately in the aftermath of Day 2, and the Elo lynch. After that, however, he quickly hopped on the "TSP = Tan Jacket" bandwagon.

Ricochet wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:50 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:44 pm This is a defense of Tony.
The Man in the Tan Jacket
LET ME POST
Ricochet wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:01 am
Boomslang wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:09 pm TSP is not the Man in the Tan Jacket. Y'all barking up the wrong tree with that.

Here are Ricochet's two proposed Politician teams. Note that TSP is not on either.

Ricochet wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:16 pm
Politicians (3)
timmer
Glow Cloud
Elohcin
Hiram McDaniels
Ricochet wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:45 pm
Politicians (3)

I utterly fail to see any sort of special attention paid to both the Politician team (outside of quoting every post I make and adding a wolf emoji) or TonyStarkPrime, and Golden's statement absolving Rico doesn't make a lick of sense to me.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

I very much doubt that speedchuck is bad.

Ricochet.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

quin hasn't voted.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

insertnamehere wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:59 pm
Golden wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:18 pm Of course rico is bonkers enough, but that doesn't mean he's bad. He was one of the most vehement in keeping tony firmly in his sights as a lynch option.

This is a guy who I seriously contemplated for a while as politician, but it just doesn't fit with the facts.
Alrighty, this seems to be the thin-ass reasoning behind why no one but myself and Futurama Wilgy seem to not be considering Rico in any real way.

And it's bullshit.

The Day 3 vote made Tony looks shady as shit, and he seemed like primo lynch material. Rico did take a stand against him, by posting cat emojis, but he was much more loudly against myself and Golden.

In fact, Ricochet and TonyStarkPrime both voted against me on Day 2 and Day 4. Ricochet never voted for TSP a single time.

It's already clear how two baddies from two different teams, Epignosis and TonyStarkPrime, were able to use me as an easy target, with Ricochet being the one driving the train with the false accusation against me.

Rico posted a couple wolfie emojis in response to TSP's posts immediately in the aftermath of Day 2, and the Elo lynch. After that, however, he quickly hopped on the "TSP = Tan Jacket" bandwagon.

LET ME POST
Boomslang wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:09 pm TSP is not the Man in the Tan Jacket. Y'all barking up the wrong tree with that.

Here are Ricochet's two proposed Politician teams. Note that TSP is not on either.

Politicians (3)
timmer
Glow Cloud
Elohcin
Hiram McDaniels
Politicians (3)

I utterly fail to see any sort of special attention paid to both the Politician team (outside of quoting every post I make and adding a wolf emoji) or TonyStarkPrime, and Golden's statement absolving Rico doesn't make a lick of sense to me.

Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

inh, if you read carefully, you might be able to figure out how I know rico isn't the Woman with No Face.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Ricochet wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:19 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:59 pm

And it's bullshit.

LET ME POST

Politicians (3)
timmer
Glow Cloud
Elohcin
Hiram McDaniels
Politicians (3)

:rolleyes:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Dom wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:18 pmquin hasn't voted.
Dom wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:18 pmquin
Dom wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:18 pmvote
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Dom wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:19 pm inh, if you read carefully, you might be able to figure out how I know rico isn't the Woman with No Face.
is there a hidden message in the first letter of every one of your posts?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

If all the votes come in early, I can end the day early.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”