Welcome to Night Vale Mafia [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 204
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Re: Welcome to Night Vale Mafia [ENDGAME]

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Ricochet wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:26 pm Plus, my personal feeling is that rolehinting in this game was quite leniently supervised, which obviously didn't work in Mafia's favor, in absence of closed setup and/or counterfeit roles to claim as. Not that circumventing the claim rule is uncommon, via subtle hints and such, still midway through the game everyone was discussing openly who they are or think others are. Easy to get the mafia stuck on their chessboard spots, this way.
I'm a fan of safeclaims because you don't have to worry about this.

I admit, that means that leads to a different dynamic at times because people can become "confirmed" rather early.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 483

Post by Golden »

Jack- everyone I could have meaningfully voted the day I lynched you was town. I was right to be conflicted. But your lynch turned out to be the most productive, and I couldn't lynch rico when he was overtly claiming Erika. The thing that put me over the edge on you was your vehement defence of rico... I thought you were claiming josie then backing off it when I pressed.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 8
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I have found that some of the most difficult roles to balance with minimal hosting experience are independent roles. To project how those will play out without seeing prior examples from the host perch can be a tough task, and all things considered I think things turned out well enough here. In my very first hosting experience, I had to restart an entire game after 700 posts had already been made because I overpowered my indy roles.

You did well, niju. Especially for a game with two mafia teams, I think things ran as smoothly as can reasonably be asked. The experience will surely influence future attempts anyhow.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 377

Post by Dom »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:21 pm @Everyone

Man, why do we keep tying up votes? IIRC, more than half of the votes in this game and Pokemon were tied at EOD. That's such a weird meta thing. Don't we want to take control of lynches? Seems like there were lots of votes made specifically to tie things up. I get that we were hunting Marcus but still.
TBH it was good strategy in this game.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 173

Re: Welcome to Night Vale Mafia [NIGHT 4]

Post by Epignosis »

Ricochet wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:20 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:34 pm Ricohet...

this is super important...

...what do you think of...

....America...

...by...

...Yes?
Well done, scumbo, making me waste a night of search with this fake hint.

America... Erika...

:suspish:
That wasn't my intention at all. I was just listening to the song. :haha:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I thought speedchuck's performance as an evildoer was top notch. I had him pegged as a civilian the whole time.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

TBH should've seen you earlier, Epi. Talking about your own role is a classic tell.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dom wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:43 pm TBH should've seen you earlier, Epi. Talking about your own role is a classic tell.
Not when I do it. :shifty:
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 82
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:14 pm I have found that some of the most difficult roles to balance with minimal hosting experience are independent roles. To project how those will play out without seeing prior examples from the host perch can be a tough task, and all things considered I think things turned out well enough here. In my very first hosting experience, I had to restart an entire game after 700 posts had already been made because I overpowered my indy roles.

You did well, niju. Especially for a game with two mafia teams, I think things ran as smoothly as can reasonably be asked. The experience will surely influence future attempts anyhow.
Indeed - I have learned a hell of a lot from this game, what works and what doesn't, and I'm sure I'll make more grand games and errors in the future :beer:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 209

Post by speedchuck »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:49 pm I thought speedchuck's performance as an evildoer was top notch. I had him pegged as a civilian the whole time.
:beer: Thanks! That's a scumtell for me, btw. Or, at least, I feel like it is.

I play town better as scum.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 198
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:14 pm I have found that some of the most difficult roles to balance with minimal hosting experience are independent roles. To project how those will play out without seeing prior examples from the host perch can be a tough task, and all things considered I think things turned out well enough here. In my very first hosting experience, I had to restart an entire game after 700 posts had already been made because I overpowered my indy roles.

It took me forever to balance the Arsonist independent in. Phenon, I understand completely
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 98
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Just want to say thank yall for filling the Night Vale summer break with some excellent Night Vale. :)
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Golden wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:04 pm Jack- everyone I could have meaningfully voted the day I lynched you was town. I was right to be conflicted. But your lynch turned out to be the most productive, and I couldn't lynch rico when he was overtly claiming Erika. The thing that put me over the edge on you was your vehement defence of rico... I thought you were claiming josie then backing off it when I pressed.
Now this I can't argue with and I can argue that all of that is my fault.

1) I did not re-check the roles and ensure I was not hinting (leaning on not hinting at all with these rules but it doesn't change that I needed to watch out)

2) I didn't push on Epi when he was honestly a bigger suspect to me than INH.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

And my guess as to why Rico was after INH was hilariously wrong.

The exact opposite of having information on another player. XD
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Also, props to Speedchuck for going back into games he wasn't in to find curses.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

tbh y'all saw one of my more rare performances as of late where i generate a lot of #content. 2nd highest poster next to golden lol.
Heiots
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Welcome to Night Vale Mafia

Post by Heiots »

Golden wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:58 pm I voted Singapore, I want to go see Heiots.
I just saw this. :cloud9: :hug:
nutella wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:30 pmI'd love to go to Singapore. I hear it's an amazing food city.
:nicenod:

Return to “Previous Side Missions”