Buffy the Vampire Slayer: At the Hellmouth (End Game)

Moderator: Community Team

Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 12

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: At the Hellmouth (End Game)

Post by Black Rock »

Mafia: At the Hellmouth

This is a Mafia game based on Joss Whedon's Buffy, The Vampire Slayer series. Brought to you by Black Rock and Long Con.

Players Alive 6

LoRab
MacDougall
sig
speedchuck
S~V~S
Tranq

Players Dead 13
Loop - Lynched Day 1 - Tara
DrWilgy - Killed Night 1 by Glory
Jackofhearts2005 - Killed Night 1 by the Vampires
Timmer - Killed Night 1 by Riley
Marmot - Killed Night 1 by Spike
DFaraday - Lynched Day 2 - Sweet
Rabbit8 - Killed Night 2 by Buffy
Illyria - Lynched Day 3 - Drusilla
juliets - Killed Night 3 by Glory
Kylemii - Killed Night 3 by the Vampires
Ambray - Lynched Day 4 - Mayor
novaselinenever - Killed Night 4 killed by Buffy and Oz
nutella - Killed Night 4 by the Vampires
lapluie - Killed Day 5 by Oz

The Story So Far....

Night 0 - Wayne's World wins the Night 0 poll, and the game begins.
Lynch 1 - Loop is lynched for nonvocal participation, and is Tara. Two people will be lynched on Day 2.
Night 1 - The Vampires drain Jackofhearts2005's blood. Spike snaps Marmot's neck. Riley lucks out and takes down timmer. And Glory cheerfully kills DrWilgy.

Polls

Spoiler: show
--- Night 0 ---

--- Day 1 ---

--- Night 1 ---

--- Day 2 ---

--- Day 3 ---

Rules

1. No illegal BTSC. This means communicating outside designated areas without permission, or communicating with players with whom you do not have host-allowed BTSC. If you need to communicate outside designated areas then you may ask the hosts for permission. Violators will be mod-killed without prejudice.
2. No role outing of yourself or anyone else.
3. No double-targeting (targeting the same individual with a power twice in a row)
4. Keep it real. It's a game, check your emotions. Don't get personal. If someone else is upsetting you with the way they are acting, contact the Mod On Duty instead of taking down the general mood of the thread. Epignosis is the Mod on Duty. Please PM him with any concerns or frustrations you experience.
5. Dead players should not post on-topic and should post in dead red. There is a "dead" button when posting for this function.
6. Off-topic posts should be in off-topic green. There is an "OT" button when posting for this function.
7. Posts from non-players should be in non-player blue. There is a "np" button when posting for this function.
9. Votes are changeable.
8. No reproducing the host PMs in thread.
10. Day periods last 24 hours. Night periods last 23 hours.
11. The lynched will flip. The night kill will not.
12. All role action PMs should be sent to Black Rock and Long Con. Failure to send to both of us may cause your action to be overlooked.

Roles

Scooby Gang

Wins when the Vampire Team and Glory are eliminated.

Buffy Summers - She is the Slayer. She goes out hunting at night, and gets one kill every even night. Buffy has BTSC with Giles. *secrets*

Rupert Giles - Giles is the Watcher; the Slayer's teacher and guide. Giles has BTSC with Buffy.

Willow Rosenberg - Willow is a powerful witch. She can use an assortment of powers, once per night: protect a player, send knowledge (PM one player the role of another player; Willow doesn't find out the info), or send a message to the thread. She cannot target the same person or use the same power twice in a row. If Tara is lynched she will cause the top two people to be lynched in the next lynch.. If Tara is NK she will kill the person who killed Tara, she will not kill Buffy.

Tara Maclay - Her vote counts for double. Once per game, Tara can end a Day or Night phase early. If she ends a Day early, the lynch will proceed with the current votes. If a Night ends early, the only abilities that go through are the ones whose PMs are already in.

Xander Harris - Xander will target one player each night. Results will vary.

Anya Jenkins - She grants wishes. Each night players will send the hosts a wish they would like granted. Once your wish has been granted, you don’t get another one. Careful what you wish for!

Dawn Summers - She can choose if her vote is +1 or -1. She also has one lynch switch.

Daniel 'Oz' Osbourne - Oz is a werewolf. Certain events may trigger him to transform into a werewolf for the night, and wake up the next morning with blood on his paws...

Cordelia Chase - Cordelia will find out who targeted one player each night.

Faith Lehane - Faith will find out who one player is targeting each night. If Faith tracks the Mayor, she will join him in his Win Condition. *secrets*

Riley Finn - As part as the Initiative, he is looking to catch all Demons. He is looking for Adam in particular. Riley will choose a player each night, and when he finds a vampire or demon, they will be blocked. If Riley chooses Adam, Adam will be killed.

Vampire Team

Team gets to kill every night. All members have BTSC.
Wins when Scooby Gang and Glory are eliminated.

Angelus - He’s hard to lynch, every other vote will be randomly redirected. Chooses two people each night, forcing them to target each other. If he chooses Buffy then he will be targeted instead.

Drusilla - Her dreams will tell her the role of one player of her choosing each night. If she finds Spike, he will join their team.

Darla - Her vote is worth double. If Angelus is targeted for a nightkill, she will die in his place.

Independents

All Independents need to survive, and to have Glory dead to win.

Spike - He has two anytime kills. He has a modification chip and can’t kill any humans. If he targets a human his kill will fail. His love for Buffy is undying… *secrets*

Sweet - Switches two players each night, and may self-target.

Mayor Richard Wilkins III - The Mayor of Sunnydale, he has the ability to pardon one lynching. *secrets*

Adam - He is frighteningly tuned in to the world, and this level of awareness allows him to detect one role per night. Twice in the game, Adam can choose a player whose powers and votes will no longer be able to affect Adam.

Caleb - Caleb is a human who has been supernaturally endowed with power by the First Evil, whom he serves. Once each night, he can choose one of four abilities: cast a misinformation aura, causing all info roles to give false results; protect himself; give himself -5 votes in the following lynch; use the power of a dead player. Caleb must use each of these abilities across each four-night period.

Glory

Glory is a goddess from an evil dimension. Attempts to detect Glory will result in a false and innocuous reading. Attempts to kill her at night will mostly fail - only the Slayer can kill her. Glory gets one kill every other night, and she must outlive everyone to win.
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Re: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: At the Hellmouth (Night 0)

Post by Black Rock »

“In every generation there is a chosen one. She alone will stand against the vampires, the demons, and the forces of darkness. She is the slayer.”

In the small town of Sunnydale, California, the sun shone brightly on Sunnydale High School, where students were just being let out for the day. Inside the library, Rupert Giles, the school's librarian, spoke to a young student as he thumbed through a thick tome.

"Now, these dreams you've been having, Buffy, some of the symbolism matches certain prophecies in this Sumerian holy book... switch hands." Buffy, balanced easily in a one-handed handstand, nimbly hopped onto her other hand,with preternatural balance. "Although it's not yet clear what these portents mean..."

Buffy worked her legs through a series of defensive manoeuvres. "So, you think these dreams have some meaning beyond the literal? Like when that Freud guy said, when you're dreaming about a cigar, it's really-"

"Erm, yes," Giles interjected hastily. "Er, something like that." He read on, his brow becoming more furrowed. "Tell me again Buffy, about the hydra part."

"The multi-dragon-thing? Well, I had been dreaming about the usual stuff, mostly getting trapped in a locker in the boys' change room as gym class lets out, or being at a piano recital and realizing I never practiced..." Giles impatiently motioned her along. "And then suddenly this four-headed dragon thing was towering above me, and there was a glowy gem thing."

"Was it... was it rose quartz?" Giles' serious tone went unnoticed by Buffy.

"Yeah, I guess... it was a light pinky colour, kind of a rough crystal, yeah, quartz! It was just floating there, bobbing up and down." Buffy noticed a paling in Giles' complexion, and she gracefully flipped forward onto her feet. "Giles, are you all right?"

Giles pointed to the book. "Rose quartz and hydra, just as you described it. Both these texts corroborate it - there is an apocalypse coming!"

An audible gasp echoed through the library, and the sound of a book hitting the ground. Buffy and Giles looked at each other in concern, and they both moved to confront the unseen intruder. As they approached the bookcase, they could hear a frantic whisper: "No no, just... pretend we were making out!"

As the rounded the corner, they saw Xander Harris and Willow Rosenberg in a comically unconvincing tangle of arms and legs. Willow jumped. "Oh!" she cried, "We are so embarrassed, we didn't know anyone was-"

"That's quite enough," interrupted Giles. "How much did you hear?"

Xander spoke up. "Really nothing at all just a bit about some dreams Buffy had, and that they foretell the apocalypse, that's about it." He held his hands wide and shook his head disarmingly.

"So, everything," said Buffy matter-of-factly. "Look, you guys have to go. This is serious."

Willow stepped forward and spoke earnestly. "Oh, but that's exactly why we should stay! I don't know exactly what kind of apocalypse you're talking about, but guess what: I live here too, and I don't want it to end!" Buffy and Giles looked at each other, and Willow continued, "I can be really helpful too! You need to scour some old dusty books, I love old dusty books!" She turned to Buffy. "And come on, Buff, I can help on the computer as well! You know Giles is barely even able to log in."

"Well, er," Giles took off his glasses and blinked several times, "You know they only give you three chances to get your password right before they-"

"And I can be useful too," interjected Xander, "I can do coffee runs, lunch runs... other runs, I'm actually a pretty fast runner! Not everyone knows that about me."

"What do you say, guys?" Willow clasped her hands together.

Giles sighed. "Very well... see what you can find in the back on Sumerian doom prophecies." Willow broke into a huge grin and clapped her hands. "And Xander," Xander perked up, ready for his assignment. "Earl Grey, one milk, two sugars."

Night 0 has begun. It will last 24 hours, and no powers will be in play.
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 204

Post by MacDougall »

Let's lynch Wilgy
rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 51

Post by rabbit8 »

no, Tranq.

nub
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 116
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

leeeeeets go

do the poll choices mean anything? i haven't seen btvs in many years
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

votes are changeable and anonymous
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Epignosis »

Good evening.

I don't have a stake in this game, so if somebody is being a real pain in the neck just reach out to me, and talk to me about what's put garlic in your Corn Flakes.

I'm here From Dusk Til Dawn.

-Skeletor Van Helsing
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
lapluie
Moon Child
Posts in topic: 63

Post by lapluie »

Took me a while to find this thread
helo
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 74
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Hmm [mention]Black Rock[/mention] [mention]Long Con[/mention] are the voters in the poll supposed to be invisible? And hi everyone, so happy to be playing again.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

WHAT. Illy is here???
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 10
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Checking in.

I'm out on a trip this weekend, won't be back until Monday.

Happy Friday y'all!

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

juliets wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:56 pm Hmm @Black Rock @Long Con are the voters in the poll supposed to be invisible? And hi everyone, so happy to be playing again.
Fixed, sorry, still getting a handle on some new things. My bad.
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

rabbit8 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:40 pm no, Tranq.

nub
No, Wilgy.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 151

Post by speedchuck »

I have never seen an episode of this show.

I know what FMJ is so I'm voting that.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Heck now I want to watch Buffy.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

these are all titles of movies, it doesn't seem like they're related to buffy at all as far as I can tell.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 74
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:21 am these are all titles of movies, it doesn't seem like they're related to buffy at all as far as I can tell.
Full Metal Jacket is the only one I've seen so I guess I'll vote there.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DFaraday wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:57 pm WHAT. Illy is here???
Bad. Fake. Scum. Lynch it.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 151

Post by speedchuck »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:29 am
:haha:
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 113

Post by nutella »

juliets wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:24 am
Kylemii wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:21 am these are all titles of movies, it doesn't seem like they're related to buffy at all as far as I can tell.
Full Metal Jacket is the only one I've seen so I guess I'll vote there.
same, though I only very vaguely remember it :shrug2:
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 18

Post by timmer »

great opener, hosts, I could hear them all perfectly in my head!
My siggie.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

house of wax is a 6/10 horror film so i'm voting that

is this poll important? or just a placeholder/timer to signify when the day starts?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:29 am
this was also my initial reaction. Like, for one thing she's posted multiple times in the sign-up thread, though I can believe that DF hasn't been reading it. But is this reaction from reading the player list as soon as the game is posted? I guess I can believe that as well, but... he could also have just gotten a team role PM with her in it... nah this is too tinfoily never mind. slips like that don't happen.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Reading through the roles, this is going to be a messy game. So many Indies, possible recruitments , lots of big power roles...
My siggie.
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 28

Post by novaselinenever »

Hello people.

Voted New Jack city because nobody else did.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 88
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:43 pm leeeeeets go

You can fix that, you know.

Going to go do some google research on the poll choices.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

LoRab wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:13 amYou can fix that, you know.
it's 105 hours long. it would take 5 days to watch it all if I don't sleep. :0
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

hehehehe...... nothing is a place holder in our games. That's more than I should give you.
ImageImage
lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

speedchuck wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:20 am I have never seen an episode of this show.

You ever watched the vampire diaries?
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

LoRab wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:13 am
Kylemii wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:43 pm leeeeeets go

You can fix that, you know.

Going to go do some google research on the poll choices.
Google, you say?

Hmmmmmmm.

:eye:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

lapluie wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:22 am
speedchuck wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:20 am I have never seen an episode of this show.

You are maphier
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:16 am
LoRab wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:13 amYou can fix that, you know.
it's 105 hours long. it would take 5 days to watch it all if I don't sleep. :0
Watch it at 3x speed then
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Black Rock wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:22 am hehehehe...... nothing is a place holder in our games. That's more than I should give you.
In that case I guess I'll go ahead and not vote for the movie where living humans get encased in wax sculptures until they die
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Love me ... please
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 29
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:00 am
Black Rock wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:22 am hehehehe...... nothing is a place holder in our games. That's more than I should give you.
In that case I guess I'll go ahead and not vote for the movie where living humans get encased in wax sculptures until they die
You think it's that easy? :feb:
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Long Con wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:41 am
Kylemii wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:00 am
You think it's that easy? :feb:
it's never BEEN easy

*johnlockvoice*
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 46

Post by Tranq »

None of these poll options are rabbit8.
Why?
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Looking at the poll (thanks google):

Full Metal Jacket, Xander references the movie (Life taker, heartbreaker) when greeting Riley when he returns to Sunnydale. Also, a Vampire says to Spike who is attacking him, "What's your malfuncion, man" which is also a reference.
House of Wax: Plotline of the original could connect to various buffy story lines, but can't find anything in particular that stands out. And none of it looks remotely good.
New Jack City: There's a "I never liked you anyway" connection, but that's a pretty common line, I think. Spike says it to Buffy.
Wayne's World: Both have a "Noah's Arcade"--it's where the Trio brings a kidnapped Willow and Buffy confronts them. Also, Wayne's World ends with a whole Scooby Doo thing, and the Scooby Gang is, well, the Scooby Gang.

That was not so helpful. Although almost fun. I'm sure I'm missing obvious things. Or, Rock Con are just messing with us with random movie titles. I feel like I'm missing references, though.

linkitis:
@kyle: You don't have to watch it all at on
@LA: Google coupled with a buffy knowledge. But yes, mostly google.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

LoRab wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:01 am@kyle: You don't have to watch it all at on
on what?

after your research, which thing do you think looks best?
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:11 am
LoRab wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:01 am@kyle: You don't have to watch it all at on
on what?

after your research, which thing do you think looks best?
Hulu.

And I honestly have no idea. Full Metal Jacket seems to have a few civ-related references. Wayne's World also seems more civ aligned--at least in a game with no Trio. Also, the scooby gang thing. I like both of those more than the other 2. But willing to wait until tomorrow to vote.
lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:56 am

You are maphier
I dindu nuffin
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

LoRab wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:24 amHulu.
I don't think I mentioned hulu?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

lapluie wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:28 am

You are maphier
I dindu nuffin
I like u
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

You are maphier
I dindu nuffin
Dunder mifflin?
My siggie.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:40 am
LoRab wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:24 amHulu.
I don't think I mentioned hulu?
LOL. Initially missed my typo of on and not once, so I was answering the on what. I thought you were asking what to watch it on.

Related question: Does anyone else get an annoying tag box follow them for a random player when they are trying to type a post? It keeps happening to me and I can't figure out how to make it stop, and at some point, the tag inevitably gets in there, and I need to delete it.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

LoRab wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:36 amLOL. Initially missed my typo of on and not once, so I was answering the on what. I thought you were asking what to watch it on.
ohhhhh
Related question: Does anyone else get an annoying tag box follow them for a random player when they are trying to type a post? It keeps happening to me and I can't figure out how to make it stop, and at some point, the tag inevitably gets in there, and I need to delete it.
yes. it happens whenever you quote a thing that has an @mention in it. The "@lorabs" shortcut prepares the gray rectangle that puts mention tags "[mention]lorabs[/mention ] around the names, but the end result "@lorabs" is the same as the shortcut, so it does the taggy shortcut thing again when quoted.

the fix is to go back and delete the @ symbols in the thing you quoting
lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:46 am

You are maphier
I dindu nuffin
I like u
thx u too
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

timmer wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:56 am

You are maphier
I dindu nuffin
Dunder mifflin?
Yes, familiar?
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

the forum tells me it's [mention]lapluie[/mention]'s birthday so happy birthday!! :beer:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 112

Post by S~V~S »

Good Morning! Long time no play.

No clue how to vote. I want to look and see if there was any crossover between the casts, they were all in the same general time frame as Buffy, maybe a bit earlier, if you count the House of Wax remake rather than the original. Yay for late poll end time, will have plenty of time after work.

@Nutella, what is suspicious about Googling?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell

Return to “Previous Side Missions”