Mrs. Essviess
10%
Ms. Goosey
10%
Mr. Pictures
No votes
Mr. Turnips
50%
Nicholas Smith (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
20%

Total votes: 10
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 66

Are You Being Served? [We're Closed!]

Post by Epignosis »

Grace Bros. Staff

Captain Peacock
Inquires of someone, “Are you being served?” His target will be able to use his or her action again the next hour.
Inquires of someone, “Are you free?” If that person is a member of the staff, he will be told “I’m free!”
Whichever question he asks must not be asked again immediately after.
Decides all ties.

Mrs. Slocombe
She tells a story about her pussy, Tiddles. In the midst of her story, she may include her thoughts about the goings on for the betterment of the thread.
On one occasion, she may be “unanimous in that” and select the person to be ousted.

Mr. Humphries
Is he or isn’t he? *Secret*

Mr. Lucas
Always late! *Secret*

Miss Brahms
Will go out with someone, establishing temporary BTSC. Her date must claim a role. She refuses to go out with Mr. Lucas.

Mr. Grainger
The forty-year veteran often falls asleep on the job. *Secret*

Mr. Tebbs
Very organized and an overachiever, Mr. Tebbs may redirect someone’s action. In case his action is doubled, he will be able to redirect someone’s vote.

Mr. Goldberg
Mr. Goldberg has so many friends who make purchases from him, he cannot be sacked by The Management!

Mr. Spooner
Mr. Spooner insults someone each hour. That person’s hour vote won’t count!

Maintenance
Has BTSC
Can win with any team, but both Captain Peacock and Mr. Rumbold must be out.

Mr. Mash
A trade union zealot, he has -2 votes against him at all time. Good luck getting rid of him!

Mr. Harman
Sets up bizarre displays. *Secret*

The Management
Have BTSC
Gives someone the sack each odd hour!

Mr. Rumbold
Old Jug Ears wants to get to the bottom of this at once! He will either double someone’s ability or block. Due to his incompetence, there is a 50% chance he will accidentally perform the other action.

Young Mr. Grace
“You’ve all done very well!” Young Mr. Grace can say, doubling the vote of three people who are not a part of The Management.

Old Mr. Grace
“I’m in very much the same position,” Old Mr. Grace can say, stealing the power of his target to use that same hour.

The Canteen

The Canteen Manageress
*Secret*
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Are You Being Served? [7:00am]

Post by Epignosis »

Please Read

1. No BTSC (behind the scenes conversation) with anyone unless you have explicit permission from the Host.
2. No editing or deleting of posts.
3. No role outing of yourself or anyone else.
4. No double-targeting (targeting the same individual with a Night power twice in a row).
5. Be respectful to other participants. If you have an issue, please contact the Mod, thellama73.
6. Dead players should not post on-topic and should be in dead red. There is a "dead" button when posting for this function.
7. Off-topic posts should be in off-topic green. There is an "OT" button when posting for this function.
8. Posts from non-players should be in non-player blue. There is a "np" button when posting for this function.
9. This is the host color. Please do not use it.
10. No revealing the contents of private messages from the Host into the thread.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

The Staff

Miss Blooper
Mr. Boogs
Mr. Dom - Sacked at 11:00am.
Mme. Effzi
Mrs. Eloh
Mrs. Essviess
Ms. Goosey
Mr. Person - Sacked at 9:00am.
Mr. Pictures
Mr. Porcupine - Ousted at 12:00pm. Mr. Tebbs
Mr. Rey - Ousted at 10:00am. Young Mr. Grace
Mr. Snowy - Sacked at 2:00pm.
Ms. Sorsha - Ousted at 8:00am. Mr. Spooner
Mr. Turnips
Mr. Vomperdoodle - Ousted at 12:00pm Old Mr. Grace

8 Employed
7 Unemployed
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

The events contained herein will take place in one workday, starting at 7:00am.

Don't be confused by this. Even hours will require you to vote for someone to be ousted ("Days"), and odd hours will have someone sacked ("Nights").

7:00am is "Day 0." 8:00am will be "Day 1." 9:00am will be "Night 1" and so forth.

The Management sack someone each odd hour, so this is the same as "killing every Night." The sacking is a "group action." and cannot be prevented (i.e., blocked), but may not necessarily be successful.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

The Time Sheet:

7:00am
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

7:00 AM
Surprisingly, everyone at Grace Brothers was on time. This morning was different. A British agent was awaiting them.

“Good afternoon, Grace Bros. I am Agent E of British Intelligence and I am here on an anonymous tip to investigate allegations of fraud, mismanagement, tax evasion, and improper misbehavior toward female employees.”

“Oh, if only we had equal rights,” said Mr. Humphries.

Agent E cleared his throat. “I am here to investigate these matters. Have any of you anything to say?”

“My pussy suffers because of the conditions here!” Mrs. Slocombe cried. “And I am unanimous in that!”

Agent E balked.

Young Mr. Grace said, “I think you should see our workers perform. They’ve all done very well!”

Old Mr. Grace said, “And those who do not!”

“Very well,” said Agent E. “Go on about your day. I’ll observe you. Pretend I’m not here. We’ll sort out who is to blame soon enough.”

Captain Peacock’s eyes widened and he muttered, “And how is that going to work out?”

Mr. Lucas grinned. “He’s British Intelligence, so probably about as well as Mrs. Slocombe’s suspenders!”

Mrs. Slocombe’s face stretched in disapproval.

“I don’t like this idea at all,” Mr. Rumbold said, his brow furrowed behind black spectacles. “This government man’s presence will frighten away customers.”

“Ere,” Miss Brahms said and crossed her arms. “I was thinkin’ we let ‘im stick around. I ain’t got nuthin’ to hide.”

Mr. Spooner chimed in. “I hear you wasn’t hiding anything at the nightclub last weekend.”

Mr. Tebbs said, “That’s a thing to tell around.”

“I’m not worried about not making sales!” Mr. Goldberg announced and chuckled. “He can stay!”

“What do you think Mr. Grainger?”

But Mr. Grainger was fast asleep.

It is now 7:00 AM. You have 24 hours to vote.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

All role PMs should be out. PM me if you were expecting one, but did not get one.

And go.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 4

Post by thellama73 »

I'm modding this game so when (inevitably) something happens to send you right up the wall, tell me about it instead of bedeviling your host and fellow players. I am an excellent listener/mediator/fixer of problems.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 41
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

It is good to be here. It is not my birthday.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 28

Post by Dom »

I do not understand the question and will not respond to it!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 28

Post by Dom »

(jk)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 46

Post by Boogs »

Mr Boogs is good with sales. That's why he is a kitty with a monocle and tophat
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 19
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I'd wager that Mr. Vomperdoodle made the most in sales, since everything is more expensive in Finland.

Mr. Gnosis: Is this Day 0 or Day 1? Are we voting to lynch someone? Can votes be changed?
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 16

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

:D
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 80

Post by S~V~S »

It took me a few to find myself on that poll, lol. What an interesting set up.

@Epi~ since nights are "odd hours" , and the Management kill is all odd hours, that means they kill EACH night, not just odd nights, correct?

And yeah, seeing what answer THs question gets before voting. Since 7 is an odd hour, I am guessing Night Zero, but better safe than sorry.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I clarified a few things on this post. If any questions remain, I will update that post again.
Turnip Head wrote:Mr. Gnosis: Is this Day 0 or Day 1? Are we voting to lynch someone? Can votes be changed?
This is not to eliminate anyone.

Yes, votes can be changed in all polls.
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 23

Post by reywaS »

Hello hello
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 20

Post by Snow Dog »

Hi Hi Hi
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 3

Post by A Person »

Turnip Head wrote:I'd wager that Mr. Vomperdoodle made the most in sales, since everything is more expensive in Finland.

Mr. Gnosis: Is this Day 0 or Day 1? Are we voting to lynch someone? Can votes be changed?
vomps once got a job as a telemarketer, but when he realized that he had to actually call people he quit and never made a single sale.
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 17

Post by Vompatti »

A Person wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:I'd wager that Mr. Vomperdoodle made the most in sales, since everything is more expensive in Finland.

vomps once got a job as a telemarketer, but when he realized that he had to actually call people he quit and never made a single sale.
ture

I thought they'd pay me a basic something for just showing up. :shrug:
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 49

Post by Elohcin »

Gosh, I was a telemarketer during the 6 months of mine and Epi's engagement. It was pretty horrible, but at least the job was not commission based.

Hello all! :daisy: Glad to be here. I am not sure who to pick for the poll...can we vote ourselves? Is there a prize for the winner? :D
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 65
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Yay game!!! :yay:

I love the unique "time" twist here instead of days and nights. It's a small change, but pretty cool.

I actually have a theory on the poll because, knowing Epig, I think there is probably a deeper meaning to this. I could be way off, BUT has anyone considered that the "most sales" equates to the most wins on The Syndicate? And that the last quarter would pretty much be the last quarter of time? If that is the case, then reywaS would be the winner since he is the only one with two wins.

It's a stretch, and I have no idea if it's right, but it's the first thing I thought of and I think it's a really cool and plausible way of looking at the question, so I am voting reywaS.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Yay game!!! :yay:

I love the unique "time" twist here instead of days and nights. It's a small change, but pretty cool.

I actually have a theory on the poll because, knowing Epig, I think there is probably a deeper meaning to this. I could be way off, BUT has anyone considered that the "most sales" equates to the most wins on The Syndicate? And that the last quarter would pretty much be the last quarter of time? If that is the case, then reywaS would be the winner since he is the only one with two wins.

It's a stretch, and I have no idea if it's right, but it's the first thing I thought of and I think it's a really cool and plausible way of looking at the question, so I am voting reywaS.
It is possible. I do agree with you that there is deeper meaning behind Epi's polls, just not sure if your particular theory is correct. I am going to think on other possibilities.

So are you thinking that there may be a prize for everyone who votes the correct person (i.e. Rey) instead for a prize for the person that gets the most votes?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 65
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Elohcin wrote:

It is possible. I do agree with you that there is deeper meaning behind Epi's polls, just not sure if your particular theory is correct. I am going to think on other possibilities.

So are you thinking that there may be a prize for everyone who votes the correct person (i.e. Rey) instead for a prize for the person that gets the most votes?
Definitely, if you think of something else, throw it out there! I can't think of anything else really, and my lunch break is just about over now, and I have a busier day so I'm not sure I'll be back again.

And yes, I do think that will be the case. In Shawshank, I received a prize for voting llama as the "first to cry out" and it turns out I was right because he was the first one to vote in the poll. I can't think of a similar in-game reason for "most sales", and Epig doesn't like to repeat himself too much, so that's why my mind went somewhere outside of the game for a deeper meaning.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 19
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Maybe most sales means the most posts in the game?
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Sorsha »

So MP wants us to vote for Rey.... Interesting. :ponder: I won't be voting for Rey.

I have a few years of retail under my belt from back in my high school and early college days. Nothing commission based but one place did keep track of our sales and number of customers served each day. I always had a high number of customers served but that didn't always translate to higher sales.

Even still... I think I can outsell each of you guys so I'm voting for myself. :p
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Turnip Head wrote:Maybe most sales means the most posts in the game?
This is an interesting theory. How would anyone know who that is unless they wait until the last minute to vote?
Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 46

Post by Boogs »

Well I do work in retail IRL so I think I am a good kitty salesman to add..
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 17

Post by Vompatti »

I'm voting for Boogs because he says he sells kitties.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 97

Post by FZ. »

Hi :D
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Elohcin wrote:

Definitely, if you think of something else, throw it out there! I can't think of anything else really, and my lunch break is just about over now, and I have a busier day so I'm not sure I'll be back again.

And yes, I do think that will be the case. In Shawshank, I received a prize for voting llama as the "first to cry out" and it turns out I was right because he was the first one to vote in the poll. I can't think of a similar in-game reason for "most sales", and Epig doesn't like to repeat himself too much, so that's why my mind went somewhere outside of the game for a deeper meaning.

I have a theory, and I'll save it to myself :D just in case I'm right and I can get a prize for it. :p But seriously, is it usually better to share or not, because do we want the baddies to get a prize?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Well, I guess I'm not the only one to think of that theory.
As for Elo's question, I think it's a safe bet to assume MP would have the most votes. Or we can wait a little
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

Me don't tink dis poll querstion be talkin bout dis game. It say "had" not "has"
Some day, Some day
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Oh, I thought TH said day, not game. I think it might be for this day.
I didn't think about the "had". Does it really rule out that option?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

reywaS wrote:
Me don't tink dis poll querstion be talkin bout dis game. It say "had" not "has"
Maybe MP is right. :ponder:
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 3

Post by A Person »

I voted for mongoose because i have no idea who to vote for
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

FZ. wrote:Oh, I thought TH said day, not game. I think it might be for this day.
I didn't think about the "had". Does it really rule out that option?
Of course not

Host: What does most sales in the poll question mean? Please and thank you, sir. :D
Some day, Some day
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

I'll go with Mr. Rey.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:I'll go with Mr. Rey.
Why? Are you sucking up?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

I'm going with MP's theory since it seems likely. :p
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Is there a way to check how many posts each player made in the game so far?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Hello all! It's lovely to be here :D

Not really sure who to vote for yet. MP's theory is enticing. I'd also like to have the most sales, however...but who knows what that means if MP is wrong? Not sure if I wanna risk it, so I'll take a bit to think about it.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

Go to the Side Mission section and click the number of replies beside the thread.

linki: This was at FZ.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Thanks DP :)

Apparently, I have the most posts, haha. Well, I truly suck at sales.

How about who had the most posts in the sign up thread?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Once everyone has checked in and voted, we will be starting the workday proper.
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 41
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

I'm voting Vomps to mix it up.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Could it mean most posts over the entire forum in the last three months? Is that checkable?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

reywaS wrote:Host: What does most sales in the poll question mean? Please and thank you, sir. :D
The poll says "most in sales" and not "most sales," signifying the individual who, while not necessarily having moved the most inventory, brought in the greatest number of pounds for the company during the last fiscal quarter.

:llama:
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Mr Goldberg? Whoever that is....
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

I'm going to sleep, so I'm just going to go with MP. If it's a post thing, you can't go wrong with him. If it's recruiting people to the site or to games, I think he's a solid option, and after the way he was lynched last time he played, I kind of feel I want to vote for him, just in case the person who gets most votes gets the prize.

*votes MP*
Night
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Oh, and just in case, MP, can you post a few more posts? :p
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage