Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 401
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Re: Watchmen [ENDGAME]

Post by Tangrowth »

G-Man wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Ugh, the Elo debacle. Yeah, that was a mistake. It was a gambit, really, since I thought I was soon dead meat, people were finding my noncommital and floppy behavior suspicious, and I couldn't get any luck with tracking at night. N1 I track Scotty, he dies. N2, no result, I thought, 'fuck'.

Finally we had luck with Cookie the night right BEFORE I got lynched, but I was silenced and couldn't even hint about it. :haha:

Poetic justice after lynching a silenced Elo, I suppose.

For the record, the reason I was playing particularly washy was because I knew, as a tracker, I would eventually have good information. I just never got it.
MovingPictures07 wrote:No, we never tracked Elo. I really thought she was bad and was willing to pull a gambit -- if I was right, then boom, my tracker partner and I were still both alive. If I was wrong, then it gave me another night to check, since otherwise I likely would have been lynched D5.

I tracked juliets N3.

Scotty tracked me on N4.

So you can see why I was frustrated.
MovingPictures07 wrote:I didn't even consider a genuine possibility for why G-Man was so sure.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:- Did G-Man actually have info on Eloh? Was the bet a dirty one? lol
:shifty: Heh. MP, you can remove the signature regarding our bet if you wish. I made a dirty bet with you. I had just found out Night 4 that Elo was Joey. Elohcin went in alphabetical order: Night 1, she said she wasn't Bass; Night 2, she said she wasn't Cookie; Night 3, she said she wasn't Dragon (okay to skip DharmaHelper because he was lynched Day 3); and Night 4, she said she wasn't G-Man, skipping over herself.

I had been waiting for Joey to skip a name because that would mean Joey was that player. Sure enough, the day I knew Elohcin was innocent was the day MP07 decided to go all guns blazing on her. Had I had another day to work with, I could have come up with reasons for Elo to be trustworthy. Having been peed on by MP07 in Economics, though, I knew nothing was going to stop him. Thus, I decided to knock him down a peg by taking him up on his rhetorical bet. It was a dirty bet all the way but at least I got to re-write a little House of Pain:
G-Man wrote:I'll spam your ass like Rob Soloway
If you vote Elo, I'm looking your way
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
And just like the Prodigal Son I've returned
Anyone betting with me- you'll get burned
'Cause I got stats but you ain't got none
If you come to battle bring a shotgun
But if you do you're a fool, 'cause I duel to the death
Trying to step to me you'll take your last breath
I got the skill, come get your fill
'Cause when I place my vote, I vote to kill
Ahhhh! Nicely done. I should have known. Sorry I didn't listen to you. :P
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Scotty wrote: But here's the funny thing:
The message sounded so much like mafia chit-chat talking about ika's blowing up and such. Then it said distinctly that "he made a read on me yesterday so I'm going to make him look bad," followed by "I voted for espers to get some cred."

So me, in my dimly lit, World War 2 backwoods bunker thought "oh yis" and went to town looking at who might be attempting to frame someone that day, and who voted for espers.
!!!!!

I was wondering why you were so convinced that a teammate bussed espers!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Great game Epi. Thanks for hosting! I surely had a blast.
:srsnod:

This was one hell of an enjoyable game. The players all made it great too. What a lineup!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Rico, totally checking out those puzzles later, after I catch some sleep and am finished with meetings. Too tired now. :offtobed:
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 325

Post by Ricochet »

Epignosis wrote:Eloh wanted to be Joey. I wanted Sloonei as Mafia.

That was it!
Boss lady don't ask, huh?

----

G-Man, I get that you didn't feel confident in reading people and, thus, focusing on trying to get yourself known to the world via your messages - it was easy for me to become very confident it's you entirely based on style (plus believing a Nite Owl might have lie detected your statements, once their roles flipped. LoRab in fact did, but then still "drummed" on you. boooo. :disappoint:)

My problem with them was that your suspects pool was too wide. As you noticed, players never believed Bernard could suspect himself in his posts (I never had an issue with believing this, though) and, until you finally said something of me too, they believed I was Bernard, not you, because you had taken shots at everyone else. I also got to work with that in my N9 puzzle. :D A messager should trust himself a bit more with reads. I think it might happen to help the civs more than lead them astray. MM, remember in Film when Bass would constantly read you bad (correctly) both in his Night messages and the thread? We were sweating too much to kill him.

Sorry if Puzzle 5 was too rough, in retrospect I overdid it with encrypting every letter of a bloody lorem ipsum fake text. But I expected you to spot the legible words and have it easier.

Did you even bother with Puzzle 8 after you received it along with getting night killed? That sucked, but the puzzle was also one of quickest and simplest I elaborated, so not that much of a loss.

---
Made wrote:
Ricochet wrote:I won't prolong, however, the puzzles reveal. Here is a link where you can download and check all of them:

http://we.tl/gd21FPc1LB

If you want to have a go at them for fun, don't open the spoilers tab before you do.

If not:

<snip>
Damn it, I clicked my on mobile and it didn't work :(.
That's too bad. I was worried my Presentation might not work, depending on the device / Office version / etc. it would get played on, but I didn't have enough time to work on a solid version. But you stuck to your "gut", anyway, so the lynches still went the way I needed them to. :p Sorry to hear you could have won, as well, simply by silencing Russ. Funny, Russ listened to my plea not to kill me and we both won; you listened to DDL's plea to not silence anyone and you both lost.

Guess I had a very good vibe about Moloch recruiting someone, even though I crafted Puzzle 2 to indicate the detectives might be the recruitable ones.

---
Long Con wrote:Rico, I didn't get to take part in any of these crazy games or whatever that you made, but when we get our Internet back (still down from a big storm) then I am looking forward to taking a peek. Especially this Flash maze! I actually have a Flash maze myself that I bust out in games I host, it would be excellent to compare notes. 90 MB is too much though, I'm getting Internet from my phone's data plan right now, which is already over the limit, costing me five cents per MB.
I added the actual .fla file in the download, which is like 50MB, instead of just the .swf version, so that's why the whole package is 90MB.

It's really nothing. :blush: I pulled out tutorials and certain codes on how to do it and when I got a grasp, simply multiplied them for each level of the maze. It still gave me headaches, because simply replicating all the commands wasn't allowed either, so, for instance, for every MouseEvent.MOUSE_MOVE, detectHits, I had to add something to differentiate, so I did: marsdetectHits for first level, jupiterdetectHits for second and so on. I chose the planets thing as a nice touch for a Manhattan-hinting puzzle.

Can't wait to see the Arkham host posts, now that Epig hinted at them. Definitely playing that. :srsnod: Maybe even win it. Yep, sounds like a game I have to win.

I liked doing the audio mixes more, it's closer to my music domain, even though I don't have actual mixing skills whatosever either. Puzzle 1 was very raw, because the electro-acoustic excerpt was taken as a whole and I just added Stockhausen bits. But Puzzle 4 turned out musical puzzle in itself, I threw everything in there, from Stravinski to Morse Code, but in a way it blended much better.

---
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:I deeply apologize to MM and DDL for being forced to deliberately target them for my last two lynches. Win con stuff. No hard feelings, I hope.

linki: G-Man was the first civ to target Russ.
I'm confused, how was I targeted?
Sorry, wrong vocabulary, it seems. I meant tunneling on lynching you (and DDL), despite believing (or figuring out) neither of you were Moloch. Actually, in your case, I didn't vote you in the end, out of some respect for your extra win con, which I think you still should have tried to achieve it way sooner in the game.

---
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Scotty wrote: But here's the funny thing:
The message sounded so much like mafia chit-chat talking about ika's blowing up and such. Then it said distinctly that "he made a read on me yesterday so I'm going to make him look bad," followed by "I voted for espers to get some cred."

So me, in my dimly lit, World War 2 backwoods bunker thought "oh yis" and went to town looking at who might be attempting to frame someone that day, and who voted for espers.
!!!!!

I was wondering why you were so convinced that a teammate bussed espers!
The way I phrased it in my message, Russ, Cookie and Eloh all qualified as potential bussers (by voting espers/ika). I intended to point at Russ, because of his case on you the Day before that caused such a stir and started getting you in trouble. But then you started making a case on Eloh, she fought back and the message suddenly worked its magic on Scotty that way as well.

Puzzle 4 is by far the best result I achieved. Actually, I think the only result, heh.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Lastly, my usual data:

Gameplay

-- What I still don't get is how the kills were inherited and used, after Sloonei's death. Until clarification, I wrote that every Even N kill was Big Figure's.
-- No word on who silenced whom. Also, I wrote down the (speculated) silencings as "inc", standing for "incapacitated", because in my books, not posting and voting is an incapacitation. We have a version of silencing on this board that allows voting in the poll, so that's why I'm differentiating.
-- G-Man says he was blocked Night 5, but who blocked him? The mafia blockers were both dead. :confused:
-- No word from Tim/Jules if they searched for Manhattan, but that's alright.

Votes

I finally got a glimpse of G-Man's spreadsheet version of this and it looks so much better, I might copypasta his format from now on. :mafia:

Theories

I didn't bother much with these, this time, and most of them, as you can see, were pretty lousy.

Logs

I went back to my Death Note style of keeping tabs on everyone's activity, because the first Days were fairly intense (I usually always start Day 0/Day 1 with tremendous anxiety about where to look and how to keep up with everything that's being talked), but I stopped updating them after Day 5.

Also, it seems nobody cared enough that I was always failing to do ISOs on MP at the end of doing ISOs heavily during a Day. Well, here's the thing. The first time I genuinely failed to finish the reads in time to do MP as well. The Day I should have pitched on Elo vs MP and probably vote for one of them, yet fell asleep, that was also absolutely genuine - in retrospect, also lucky (voting Eloh might have gotten me seriously eyeballed). Afterwards, when I promised I'd re-read MP? Yeah, I decided never to do that. :grin: The feeling pains me, but MP's massive backlog did in fact slowly made me unwilling to ISO him.

G-Man's catch-ups for pages 6-16 were also the most annoying thing I had to write in my log.

And for reference once more:

D10 Moloch search (all this was genuine resourcing, I didn't write it to influence the voting)

Puzzles link and explanations
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Thanks Epignosis for hosting an excellent game and everyone for a strong and challenging play. I'm really glad to finally win a speed game, with a theme and setup I loved. Don't give up on reading me as pure civ, I swear it'll happen the next time and I'll play just as nice. :grin: The only shaky thing that could have gotten me in trouble was that my NK protection burnt quickly (and I was made aware of it by the Host, for some reason) and then I really didn't react well to the possibility of being killed and started talking about it and pleading with da killa to let me live.
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 192

Post by G-Man »

Ricochet wrote:G-Man, I get that you didn't feel confident in reading people and, thus, focusing on trying to get yourself known to the world via your messages - it was easy for me to become very confident it's you entirely based on style (plus believing a Nite Owl might have lie detected your statements, once their roles flipped. LoRab in fact did, but then still "drummed" on you. boooo. :disappoint:)

My problem with them was that your suspects pool was too wide. As you noticed, players never believed Bernard could suspect himself in his posts (I never had an issue with believing this, though) and, until you finally said something of me too, they believed I was Bernard, not you, because you had taken shots at everyone else. I also got to work with that in my N9 puzzle. :D A messager should trust himself a bit more with reads. I think it might happen to help the civs more than lead them astray. MM, remember in Film when Bass would constantly read you bad (correctly) both in his Night messages and the thread? We were sweating too much to kill him.

Sorry if Puzzle 5 was too rough, in retrospect I overdid it with encrypting every letter of a bloody lorem ipsum fake text. But I expected you to spot the legible words and have it easier.

Did you even bother with Puzzle 8 after you received it along with getting night killed? That sucked, but the puzzle was also one of quickest and simplest I elaborated, so not that much of a loss.
As a data person, it sucks royally being the Chatty Kathy role. It also doesn't help that I've only played a few games here and don't know you guys like the back of my hand yet. Someone with a deep knowledge of other players' metas would be quite useful in that role.

I wondered about the X<----X---->X at the bottom of puzzle 5. I still tried to decipher it both shifting letters up and down. After I got five words in I all but gave up because it didn't decode to any English language words. The first three (Lorem ipsum dolor) gave me pause though because I knew I had seen them somewhere before. They looked like Latin but I never bothered Googling the phrase or I would have discovered the ruse. I never got in far enough to find the real words in the message. Sorry you spent so much time on it but I'm not sorry I gave up! :P

Now that I know it is filler text, I know where I've seen those words before. From 2006 to 2009 I worked in the public relations department of a company and I wrote the company newsletter. I used an auto-fill function that put those very filler words into my text boxes when I was working on my layouts!

I never got puzzle 8. My death probably prevented me from receiving it.

Ricochet wrote:-- G-Man says he was blocked Night 5, but who blocked him? The mafia blockers were both dead. :confused:

G-Man's catch-ups for pages 6-16 were also the most annoying thing I had to write in my log.
I assumed that nothing went through Night 5 because that video Epi posted was all silence. Maybe someone else can explain what happened there.

As for my catch-ups... :rolleyes: They were useful to me!
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Spoiler: show
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Oh, and my Night 6 Bernard message:

...was created in a bit of a rush, so I just Googled "watchmen bernard" and rewrote the following panels with a brief intro to mourn the loss of Joey:
My Banners:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

G-Man wrote: I wondered about the X<----X---->X at the bottom of puzzle 5. I still tried to decipher it both shifting letters up and down. After I got five words in I all but gave up because it didn't decode to any English language words. The first three (Lorem ipsum dolor) gave me pause though because I knew I had seen them somewhere before. They looked like Latin but I never bothered Googling the phrase or I would have discovered the ruse. I never got in far enough to find the real words in the message. Sorry you spent so much time on it but I'm not sorry I gave up! :P

Now that I know it is filler text, I know where I've seen those words before. From 2006 to 2009 I worked in the public relations department of a company and I wrote the company newsletter. I used an auto-fill function that put those very filler words into my text boxes when I was working on my layouts!
Well, as I've explained, I put legible words (upstep; pay; timmer!) in that mess of a text, one in each paragraph, precisely for you to catch on that those might be the only words that need deciphering. ;) Only the fourth legible word was a bait, so you needed to decipher the real word from the nonsense pile.

Anyway, seeing you frustrated by it made me snicker a lot, at least. :p
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Your messages were inspired, G-Man. Not sure how I couldn't tell they were from you earlier!

Awesome stuff, as always, Rico.

Hey, so now both Rico and Golden are at a win % of 57.14% (4 out of 7 games), right behind Nevinera's 63.64%. :feb:
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 216
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Your messages were inspired, G-Man. Not sure how I couldn't tell they were from you earlier!

Hey, so now both Rico and Golden are at a win % of 57.14% (4 out of 7 games), right behind Nevinera's 63.64%. :feb:
Here's a little fun fact. I am the only person on the Syndicate to be lynched on Day 1 and still win in a game (Biblical Mafia). :dark:

Technically Golden did the same in Economics, but he replaced back in to a different role.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Your messages were inspired, G-Man. Not sure how I couldn't tell they were from you earlier!

Here's a little fun fact. I am the only person on the Syndicate to be lynched on Day 1 and still win in a game (Biblical Mafia). :dark:

Technically Golden did the same in Economics, but he replaced back in to a different role.
The Metalmarsh Phenomenon.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 121

Post by Golden »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Here is a fun fact. Technically MM is the only person to do something that technically I also did. :p

What about DF in the flash. Was he NKed night one?

Rico is going to be permanently ahead of me in no time at all. But my 4/6 was nice while it lasted.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:Rico is going to be permanently ahead of me in no time at all. But my 4/6 was nice while it lasted.
How do you figure?
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 5

Post by tessepia »

Y'all were a joy to moderate :D

Congratualtions to the winners!
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 46
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Golden wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Here is a fun fact. Technically MM is the only person to do something that technically I also did. :p

What about DF in the flash. Was he NKed night one?
Basically... he was imprisoned by The Flash, which was the Civvie "kill". It wasn't until much later in the game that we figured out that we had to go to Iron Heights and free him. We were a baddie team without a kill, and we figured that since we hadn't inherited the kill, then Plunder was still alive. Once the last of the inactives was killed, we realized it had to be an imprisoned player, and of the three in Iron Heights, DFaraday was by far the most logical conclusion, and we freed him just in the knick of time, and he joined us for the win.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Golden wrote:Rico is going to be permanently ahead of me in no time at all. But my 4/6 was nice while it lasted.
How do you figure?
Rico is way more competitive than me.
espers
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 28

Post by espers »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
espers wrote:so it seems this is over. don't really understand what happened in the endgame (haven't looked through) but congrats to the winners.

sorry i had to drop out, a bit of explanation:
i fell ill a couple days before with some kind of stomach bug so i wasn't feeling up for mafia or any kind of protracted effort in general, i told the scum cave and epi this but didn't post it in the thread b/c i thought it'd look like i was trying to get concessions out of pity or something. that thing i said about most of the activity seeming to happen when i was asleep was true too btw. also after that awful sloonei vote d1 i knew i was a goner, which didn't exactly help with motivation lol
No worries, espers! I hope to get to play with you on a game again here soon. :)
i hope to play here again! it'll probably be a while though since uni has started again and my schedule is rather hectic. not even sure i'll be able to play in rym's 88, though i want to.

also thanks epi for hosting and your presence in the mafia chat.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Golden, I'm see you're still in BoB during its closing acts, so depending on the outcome, you might be 5 out of 8 soon. How is that me being ahead of you? :stare:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I have faith in you rico.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

The Metalmarsh Phenomenon.
Wanna hear another one?

This was my 13th speed game on this site. I've been a civilian in every single one, and this is the first time I've been lynched of those thirteen games.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

It's all DDL's fault. :llama:

I'm finally 1/3 (1/4 if counting Specials) in Speeds and this is the first time I survived past Night 2.

It's also my first win grab by surviving till the end, you may have noticed that was important. :smile:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I do blame DDL. So cruel. :pout:

That was the only reason I didn't want to be lynched. Just wanted to keep my unlynched streak intact. But I didn't want to influence the game by saying as much.

I wonder if any of the Syndicate regulars was a mafia member if they would have nightkilled me. With three players from RYM as mafia, maybe they are not so used to role-hinting. Outing is very common practice there, so hint-dropping is utilized less.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Cookie
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 89

Post by Cookie »

Ricochet wrote:How about that Mafia, though?

I think Cookie actually looks the better of all, in the end, so sincere congratulations on going all the way she could. Hope her experiences here will only multiply and improve in the future.

Why did you try to kill me, though? :evileye:
because you looked the most civ and I wanted everyone else to lynch each other lol.

I felt bad for being somewhat inactive throughout the game. Sorry guys!!

@MP finding out I was mafi nd being silenced HAHAHAHA That worked out well!
Cookie
Stool Pigeon

Post by Cookie »

Anyway good game all!! Well played!!
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 46
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Why did you kill me?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Cookie wrote:
Ricochet wrote:How about that Mafia, though?

I think Cookie actually looks the better of all, in the end, so sincere congratulations on going all the way she could. Hope her experiences here will only multiply and improve in the future.

Why did you try to kill me, though? :evileye:
because you looked the most civ and I wanted everyone else to lynch each other lol.
Ah, damn. Gotta adjust that. :ponder: An optimal Rico looks neither scum, nor "most civ".
espers
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 28

Post by espers »

Long Con wrote:Why did you kill me?
that was on me. i don't recall why i chose you exactly, that was right before i asked to be replaced and i didn't think it through thoroughly or anything, but you were looking pretty civ. i actually didn't confer with the team before picking you, we'd been planning to kill mp, but i had an inkling that that might not be the best idea, lol.
G-Man
Made Man

Re: Watchmen [Day 8]

Post by G-Man »

Hey Cookie- do you remember what you wanted to say to me? I almost forgot about this post until just now:
Cookie wrote:
G-Man wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
A Flyer on a Burned-Down New York Building

July 30, 1985
You have 23 hours to submit your PMs.
Seriously, that was horrible not being able to talk. I think that might actually be the first time I've ever been silenced. Of course it would happen when I can barely talk in the other game I'm playing. :fist:

Gotta say, at first I was worried when Scotty died and I was silenced that we were being played and someone was either setting Cookie up or controlling her. Then she voted for me and posted what she posted. Then it was pretty obvious she was bad. For future reference, Cookie, what you did is what's called laying it on a little too thick. Good effort up to this last day though! Hope to see you in games more often.
I have a response for this, however, I don't think I can tell you while the game is still going so remind me to respond to this when the game ends!
My Banners:
Cookie
Stool Pigeon

Post by Cookie »

G-Man wrote:Hey Cookie- do you remember what you wanted to say to me? I almost forgot about this post until just now:
Cookie wrote:
G-Man wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

July 30, 1985
Seriously, that was horrible not being able to talk. I think that might actually be the first time I've ever been silenced. Of course it would happen when I can barely talk in the other game I'm playing. :fist:

Gotta say, at first I was worried when Scotty died and I was silenced that we were being played and someone was either setting Cookie up or controlling her. Then she voted for me and posted what she posted. Then it was pretty obvious she was bad. For future reference, Cookie, what you did is what's called laying it on a little too thick. Good effort up to this last day though! Hope to see you in games more often.
I have a response for this, however, I don't think I can tell you while the game is still going so remind me to respond to this when the game ends!
Yes I do! I kind of gave up on the game at this point. I knew I had no chance of NOT being lynched and I wanted to stop having so much pressure. So I silenced you. After that, I posted that I was voting you and did so early in the day, before anyone could comment that you were probably silenced. I kinda set myself up to look bad.

I knew people would then find me more suspicious and lynch me. I wasn't sure if Moloch had died already but I didn't want to prolong the game due to my inevitable lynch. I can't talk myself out of being suspicious lol.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 178
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Cookie wrote:
G-Man wrote:Hey Cookie- do you remember what you wanted to say to me? I almost forgot about this post until just now:
Cookie wrote:
G-Man wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

July 30, 1985

Yes I do! I kind of gave up on the game at this point. I knew I had no chance of NOT being lynched and I wanted to stop having so much pressure. So I silenced you. After that, I posted that I was voting you and did so early in the day, before anyone could comment that you were probably silenced. I kinda set myself up to look bad.

I knew people would then find me more suspicious and lynch me. I wasn't sure if Moloch had died already but I didn't want to prolong the game due to my inevitable lynch. I can't talk myself out of being suspicious lol.
For the record, Cookie, I think you played a great game. It was hard to get other people to see you as bad without giving up too much info about my role, and I think that was a testament to your non-suspicious play style.

If you had given up at that point, was that before or after you killed me?
And if it was before you killed me, was killing me just a spite kill?
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

And all that was perfectly timed with me sending you a puzzle with its main message being to surrender - even though you probably never bothered with it. :grin:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Oh, that was @Cookie, I didn't notice Scotty posting.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I would have liked Scotty to live longer not just for what a deserving civ/player he was, but also so he could inevitably (I presume) track me and find out I targeted not one, not two, but six-seven players up to that point and go what the hell.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Ricochet wrote:I would have liked Scotty to live longer not just for what a deserving civ/player he was, but also so he could inevitably (I presume) track me and find out I targeted not one, not two, but six-seven players up to that point and go what the hell.
Hehe well it only worked as a night-by-night basis. Not a history of night actions. I'm sure if I had lasted I would have checked you on the night you sent in a puzzle to yourself and I would think you were the Comedian or at least Moloch or something.

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Scotty wrote:
Ricochet wrote:I would have liked Scotty to live longer not just for what a deserving civ/player he was, but also so he could inevitably (I presume) track me and find out I targeted not one, not two, but six-seven players up to that point and go what the hell.
Hehe well it only worked as a night-by-night basis. Not a history of night actions. I'm sure if I had lasted I would have checked you on the night you sent in a puzzle to yourself and I would think you were the Comedian or at least Moloch or something.
Hmm, I don't know why I understood from past conversations that, as a tracker, you get the full log of targeting that your target has done, even if nothing specific about the actions.

That would have been a great way to catch me about lying that I puzzle'd myself, hmmm.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 57
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I was extremely bummed that I didn't have much of a chance to be on this scum team. But I definitely deserved to be lynched.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote:I was extremely bummed that I didn't have much of a chance to be on this scum team. But I definitely deserved to be lynched.
But Sloonei! You had a 100% chance of being on the scum team!

And Rico, you're probably right I may have caught you in a lie. Guess we'll never know though. I'm actually pretty stupid- it's the Pygmy Marmoset that types for me that's the smart one.

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Actually I take it back, Scotty, I don't believe you could have actually caught me lying, because you had no knowledge of me being Ozymandias, so the tracking result that "I didn't target myself" wouldn't have meant anything. You couldn't have possibly checked the entire remaining field at once either, so to get the contradiction that I didn't actually receive anything, the way I claimed to have.

I got away with it, no matter which angle you look from. :slick:
Cookie
Stool Pigeon

Post by Cookie »

Scotty wrote:
Cookie wrote:
Cookie wrote:
G-Man wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

July 30, 1985

For the record, Cookie, I think you played a great game. It was hard to get other people to see you as bad without giving up too much info about my role, and I think that was a testament to your non-suspicious play style.

If you had given up at that point, was that before or after you killed me?
And if it was before you killed me, was killing me just a spite kill?
It must have been after I killed you because I got lynched that same day.

I killed you (I think it was the night before) because when MP first suspected me, you didn't agree with his suspicions, then suddenly you did agree so I assumed you had a powerful role. Silencing you was my way of not allowing you to vote but also keeping you in the game, in the hopes that people would eventually find you suspicious. When people didn't, then I killed you.
Cookie
Stool Pigeon

Post by Cookie »

Ricochet wrote:And all that was perfectly timed with me sending you a puzzle with its main message being to surrender - even though you probably never bothered with it. :grin:
I read it... pondered it.. Then didn't bother really caring that much LOL
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 105
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Banners soon? :)
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 82

Post by Epignosis »

Russtifinko wrote:Banners soon? :)
I just got home. :mafia:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 82

Post by Epignosis »

Courtesy of Long Con, the fastest ink-slinger in the North. :clap:

Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Woo!
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

"The cause is Ozymandian"

Is this a song about me? :llama:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

The transfer link to all my puzzles died, so I took down the signature link as well. Let me know whenever you might still be interested to check them out.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”