Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 137
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: [END] Pikmin Mafia

Post by Marmot »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:That's the funny thing about mafia.

I felt like I was not playing a town me this game. Yet, folks continued to say, "oh that's just MM being MM, he must be civ".

Even Epignosis made a comment late in the game, "I just can't see a mafia MM doing such-and-such." Then again, he was convinced there was a single mafia left, which may have influenced his decision.
Please enlighten us, Sir Marmot, what exactly constitutes as you "not playing town"?

Because I thought you were indistinguishable from every other game you played.
Instead of joking around on Day 2, I posted a large case against Epignosis. :P

But kept him off my back for a while.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 102
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Oh I remember that, but I thought it was a civ sign at the time.

... I need to revise my civ/bad signs.
Typhoony
I'm an Economist
Posts in topic: 98

Post by Typhoony »

Glorfindel wrote: Secondly, I really struggled to comprehend why any of you thought I was Mafia... The way I behaved in this game is classic 'Town Me' so if you doubt my sincerity, I think it will cause a problem at some point. Especially, I didn't get Typhoony. You KNEW there was someone out there who knew your identity. Early on when a number of people started voicing their suspicion of you, I'd not have thought it a big stretch for you to reason that someone who might defend you (or at least deflect the suspicions of others - as I did) just might have been Alph. In any case, it's a good thing you were eliminated by the Mafia when you were - if I'd had to read one more post where you were defaming me for likely having been 'bad', you'd have been hearing from my lawyers! :haha:
You have to realize that people can say things for different reasons.

Initially, when you made that post where you said you thought I was civ, I immediately pencilled you in as Alph. I mentioned that to Epi in BTSC at some point, pretty sure of that.
It was only later on, when it became clear that either you or K4J had to have been bad, that I started to second doubt that. I started to think that it was a possibility that the baddies had tried to kill me, failed, but thus knew that I was a protagonist and you could have been buddying up to me. That idea grew stronger and stronger until I just assumed you were bad.
So, you see, there are multiple ways to look at almost anything anyone posts, including what - in your eyes - was a clear hint to me that you were Alph.

In the end, it would not have mattered. I never looked at your posts to figure out who was bad, as I wasn't sure of that either. I never looked at K4Js posts for that either. I'm not going to base any of my conclusions on the basis that a person *may* have been bad and look through their posts. That was honestly the first thing (perhaps only) that made me go "eh" with regards to FZ, when she tried to do that.
Hell, in the very end I wasn't even sure Epi was rock pikmin anymore, even though I had multiple pieces of evidence that could hardly have been refuted. Mostly because he said in BTSC that he would follow my lead in voting, yet tried to have me vote agleam when I had mine on MM.

:shrug2:
Baddies played a really good game. Combine that with the lack of civilian participation and the amazing amount of mislynches, we only have ourselves to blame.

I did like the caving aspect, except for that one time when Enrique and Soneji died because of it. Sorry for that guys XD
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

DrWilgy wrote:Yeah, oh well.

I think #SavetheDoctor is the new hip and happening trend.
Do you like frozen spaghetti as much as I do?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 62

Post by Matt »

Great game baddies! Sorry for not participating as much, civvies, I've been extremely busy the last couple of weeks.

At one point I was gathered by Alph, and immediately started talking about the tv show Alf in OT green, hoping Alph would get it. Did you pick up on that, Glor? Also, Glor, haha, I did think you were bad but I was also mostly just trying to have fun whenever I posted. No hard feelings on "tunneling" you?

DDL - Haha I wasn't even convinced on k4J. I had no idea what was going on. Well done, bad peeps! :beer:
Image Image Image Image
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 65

Post by Glorfindel »

Typhoony wrote:
Glorfindel wrote: Secondly, I really struggled to comprehend why any of you thought I was Mafia... The way I behaved in this game is classic 'Town Me' so if you doubt my sincerity, I think it will cause a problem at some point. Especially, I didn't get Typhoony. You KNEW there was someone out there who knew your identity. Early on when a number of people started voicing their suspicion of you, I'd not have thought it a big stretch for you to reason that someone who might defend you (or at least deflect the suspicions of others - as I did) just might have been Alph. In any case, it's a good thing you were eliminated by the Mafia when you were - if I'd had to read one more post where you were defaming me for likely having been 'bad', you'd have been hearing from my lawyers! :haha:
You have to realize that people can say things for different reasons.

Initially, when you made that post where you said you thought I was civ, I immediately pencilled you in as Alph. I mentioned that to Epi in BTSC at some point, pretty sure of that.
It was only later on, when it became clear that either you or K4J had to have been bad, that I started to second doubt that. I started to think that it was a possibility that the baddies had tried to kill me, failed, but thus knew that I was a protagonist and you could have been buddying up to me. That idea grew stronger and stronger until I just assumed you were bad.
So, you see, there are multiple ways to look at almost anything anyone posts, including what - in your eyes - was a clear hint to me that you were Alph.

In the end, it would not have mattered. I never looked at your posts to figure out who was bad, as I wasn't sure of that either. I never looked at K4Js posts for that either. I'm not going to base any of my conclusions on the basis that a person *may* have been bad and look through their posts. That was honestly the first thing (perhaps only) that made me go "eh" with regards to FZ, when she tried to do that.
Hell, in the very end I wasn't even sure Epi was rock pikmin anymore, even though I had multiple pieces of evidence that could hardly have been refuted. Mostly because he said in BTSC that he would follow my lead in voting, yet tried to have me vote agleam when I had mine on MM.

:shrug2:
Baddies played a really good game. Combine that with the lack of civilian participation and the amazing amount of mislynches, we only have ourselves to blame.

I did like the caving aspect, except for that one time when Enrique and Soneji died because of it. Sorry for that guys XD
I'm totally hearing you Mate :hug: You're forgiven - no hard feelings :). I'm just happy that you DID notice that reference to you. And yeah, it's undeniably true... You CAN interpret what people say in any way you like. I'd just really liked for someone to have trusted me...
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Matt wrote:Great game baddies! Sorry for not participating as much, civvies, I've been extremely busy the last couple of weeks.

At one point I was gathered by Alph, and immediately started talking about the tv show Alf in OT green, hoping Alph would get it. Did you pick up on that, Glor? Also, Glor, haha, I did think you were bad but I was also mostly just trying to have fun whenever I posted. No hard feelings on "tunneling" you?

DDL - Haha I wasn't even convinced on k4J. I had no idea what was going on. Well done, bad peeps! :beer:
I was very happy to have gathered you Matt :hug: No, I didn't pick up on your reference as I didn't know (and couldn't confirm) whether you knew you'd been gathered let alone know by whom...? In any case I'm afraid your reference was a little too obscure for me at the time but I wish I had noticed it :(

It disappoints me no end though that you of all people thought I was bad. I thought you demonstrated some capacity to 'read' me but sadly, it appears that I was wrong...

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 218

Post by Epignosis »

Glorfindel wrote: It disappoints me no end though that you of all people thought I was bad. I thought you demonstrated some capacity to 'read' me but sadly, it appears that I was wrong...
The civilian that gathered me killed you just when I started suspecting you. I took it for a sign from the Pikmin god. :noble:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Here's what happened: I wrote a huge wall of text about Glorfindel where (although I ultimately concluded he was not suspicious) I bashed his playstyle over and over.

Normally when someone does that to me, at the very least, I try to argue.

But Glorfindel went and replied it with a post so happy it couldn't be true. He had no anger or frustration whatsoever. No suspicion. No paranoia. No attempt to discuss my (negative) points about him. Just pure friendliness and understanding.

And then for the subsequent days, he proceeded to make it clear I was the most civ person he knew in the world, and to buddy with me at every chance he got.

I now admit the mistake, but at the time, the whole thing seemed forced. Like, I assumed a normal player would at least suspect me a little, and not trust me THAT much.

He was also changing his suspicious on a heartbeat, like the whole thing with Daisy. And that also felt suspicious to me.

I had already decided I was killing 2 people, so I went with my gut and offed him.

I now understand he was just letting his emotions define who he trusted or not.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Here's what happened: I wrote a huge wall of text about Glorfindel where (although I ultimately concluded he was not suspicious) I bashed his playstyle over and over.

But Glorfindel went and replied it with a post so happy it couldn't be true. He had no anger or frustration whatsoever. No suspicion. No paranoia. No attempt to discuss my (negative) points about him. Just pure friendliness and understanding.

And then for the subsequent days, he proceeded to make it clear I was the most civ person he knew in the world, and to buddy with me at every chance he got.

I now admit the mistake, but at the time, the whole thing seemed forced. Like, I assumed a normal player would at least suspect me a little, and not trust me THAT much.

He was also changing his suspicious on a heartbeat, like the whole thing with Daisy. And that also felt suspicious to me.

I had already decided I was killing 2 people, so I went with my gut and offed him.

Whilst what I said may have APPEARED to be forced, I can assure you that it wasn't at all and the truth bears that out. And that's kinda what I've been trying to get at the whole time I've been here. What you witnessed there was 100% pure Town Glorfindel. Frankly, I thought your analysis was one of the highlights of the entire game for me. I can only aspire to your level of thorough forensic analysis. The thing is, I was convinced you were Town - I am not remotely threatened by a healthy and reasoned skepticism by someone whom I respect in these games. I'm really sorry that you couldn't see that before you 'offed' me. As for 'buddying up' to you, it wasn't that - I just recognized you as someone experienced here from which I could actually learn a lot. Again, I'm sorry you misinterpreted my intentions. For all that, one of the things I most look forward to now is playing more games with you - clearly, I have a LOT left to learn :)

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Glorfindel wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Here's what happened: I wrote a huge wall of text about Glorfindel where (although I ultimately concluded he was not suspicious) I bashed his playstyle over and over.

Whilst what I said may have APPEARED to be forced, I can assure you that it wasn't at all and the truth bears that out. And that's kinda what I've been trying to get at the whole time I've been here. What you witnessed there was 100% pure Town Glorfindel. Frankly, I thought your analysis was one of the highlights of the entire game for me. I can only aspire to your level of thorough forensic analysis. The thing is, I was convinced you were Town - I am not remotely threatened by a healthy and reasoned skepticism by someone whom I respect in these games. I'm really sorry that you couldn't see that before you 'offed' me. As for 'buddying up' to you, it wasn't that - I just recognized you as someone experienced here from which I could actually learn a lot. Again, I'm sorry you misinterpreted my intentions. For all that, one of the things I most look forward to now is playing more games with you - clearly, I have a LOT left to learn :)
Don't be so hard on yourself, I was the one who misread your alignment. I was just explaining my thought process since you asked about it.

For that matter, I'm not that good or experienced at this game either, considering I helped mislynch a couple civs in a row too.

I appreciate the recognition though. Looking foward to play with you too, and I hope next time I'm more aware of how you play the game.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I'm going to PhD in misreading sig
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Ricochet »

It's the first time I see a game ending on the Night move. :ponder: Did it depend on certain factors? (unsurprisingly, I didn't look at the setup at all :smile: )
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I take it that Daisy had some chance of NKing the remaining mafia player.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Oh nvm, Daisy was not a protagonist.

I think I know the answer then. The mafias could have attacked Epi and the kill had a 50% chance of failing.

If it's not that then I have no idea.
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

I assumed it was because FZ used her ability, giving all pikmin + 2 votes. With there only being pikmin left, everybody but her had +2 votes.
She was also the last baddie, so her vote was worth 3. The pikmin could never have lynched her.

That being said, I looked at the night actions for Protagonists again to see if Simon had gotten nectar at any point, and noticed that Wilgy only got 1 pikmin N1 (which wasn't even the one he listed in his "If I were a Protagonist thingy" :p.) How did that happen MP?
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 6
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

So.... when is the next game starting up in this hizzy?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

No new games until (and after?) the Champies.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Well when does Champies start? :nicenod: Also, do the Champy hosts need some input from me about A World Reborn? I can't remember.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 57

Post by DrWilgy »

What is there to do for us losers?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 4
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Long Con wrote:Well when does Champies start? :nicenod: Also, do the Champy hosts need some input from me about A World Reborn? I can't remember.
It's starting shortly after New Year's! We should have another game going into sign ups soon. Input is always encouraged, but I think we have what we need :feb:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Turnip Head wrote: It's starting shortly after New Year's!
I'd better hurry with gathering meta on everyone's winning performances, then. Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I would like to see a cross-game tally of players' likelihood to get nightkilled by baddies or mislynched in the earliest stages of the game. Any statistical-type folk out there want to tackle it? :grin: :grin: :grin:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Music to my ears, brother. Not sure I'd share though. Why if it gets in the wrong hands? :ponder:
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 218

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote:I would like to see a cross-game tally of players' likelihood to get nightkilled by baddies or mislynched in the earliest stages of the game. Any statistical-type folk out there want to tackle it? :grin: :grin: :grin:
I don't think I need I need statistics for that. Status: High. :suspish:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 5

Post by S~V~S »

Ricochet wrote:Music to my ears, brother. Not sure I'd share though. Why if it gets in the wrong hands? :ponder:
I love talking & sharing meta. I tell my BTS partners their tells all the time. It makes reading them more of a challenge for ME if they switch their game up from knowing their tells. It makes it harder to win, true, but it makes the wins all the more valuable to me because I had to work for them.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Music to my ears, brother. Not sure I'd share though. Why if it gets in the wrong hands? :ponder:
I love talking & sharing meta. I tell my BTS partners their tells all the time. It makes reading them more of a challenge for ME if they switch their game up from knowing their tells. It makes it harder to win, true, but it makes the wins all the more valuable to me because I had to work for them.
I love this sentiment. I've never been afraid to tell people exactly what I'm thinking (or even use my own thought processes when bad to catch other baddies), because ultimately there are so many ways to go from their. You can incorporate your bad tells into your civilian game. You can try to eliminate the baddie tells. You can just try to change up your game.

I think I've learned to be way more adaptable than I used to be and it has made me a better player.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I like sharing whenever I know about myself too, and about others. It can only improve the games overall.

I hate when people say they have meta reads on me but refuse to share.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

SVS has been a baddie in both Rec4 and A World Reborn. Can this mean perhaps that BR and LC will be granted baddieness in the Champies? :smoky:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

What would that have to do with it?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Quirky meta musing, mostly. :ninja:
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

I have a question - directed to Dr Wilgy... I asked a question related to this before and never got an answer. Can you please tell me my friend - what was your intended purpose in this post:
DrWilgy wrote:I got an excersize for everyone to partake in. If I were a protagonist, I would currently have _____.

I will start:
If I were a protagonist, I would currently have a Purple pikmin.

I would like everyone to copy this format.
As far as I know, I'm the ONLY one who replied to you. I still don't get the point...?

DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 57

Post by DrWilgy »

Cause discussion more or less.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Ricochet wrote:Quirky meta musing, mostly. :ninja:
:suspish: Your logic is unsound.
Golden wrote:I love this sentiment. I've never been afraid to tell people exactly what I'm thinking (or even use my own thought processes when bad to catch other baddies), because ultimately there are so many ways to go from their. You can incorporate your bad tells into your civilian game. You can try to eliminate the baddie tells. You can just try to change up your game.
Golden wrote:because ultimately there are so many ways to go from their. You can incorporate your bad tells into your civilian game.
Golden wrote:ways to go from their
Golden wrote:their
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Long Con wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Quirky meta musing, mostly. :ninja:
:suspish: Your logic is unsound.
Only one way to test it out, come lynch day. :shrug2: ;)
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Golden »

Thanks for pointing out the grammar error that I couldn't edit, EpiCon.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I was told that my top tell was that when I was civ, my posts read like they were written by a first grader in the worlds worst school district since my typing is SO horrendous, and I just type & post without rereading what I wrote. When I am bad, on the other hand, they looked like they were written by a fairly educated, rational adult. Because I proof read them & corrected the errors & basically "polished" the post while going over them to make sure I had not made any baddie slips.

All you had to do is look for the word "because", and if it was spelled right, I was bad. I pretty much ALWAYS typo it as "becasue", so now I try to not correct spelling errors in my game posts.

Bonus side effect? People have stopped pointing out my errors pretty much altogether :D
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I always polish my posts, regardless of alignment. (Conversely, any mistake or error is also typical of me and no tell whatsoever.) Pondering before posting is in fact my credo (ok, maybe my second credo, after the obvious main one). As a baddie, the reasons are pretty obvious. As a civ, I've gone enough times through hell, as to not be in the mood to drop my guard. The downside to it is how much time it takes me to play (spoilers: massive amounts for my own sake) and how deadlines becomes bit of a pressure, in light of having to finish reads or make a decision/take a stance.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

DrWilgy wrote:Cause discussion more or less.
I did very subtley.

In the same post, I called k4j and FZ bosses. :biggrin:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Golden wrote:Thanks for pointing out the grammar error that I couldn't edit, EpiCon.
:feb: :feb: :feb: That makes it extra fun!
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Spacedaisy »

I'll be making winners banners when my in laws go home so it might be another week, week and a half or so. Sorry for the delay folks!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Signups?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 90
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Banners courtesy of Spacedaisy! Wear them proud, mafia team, you earned it!

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Banners courtesy of Spacedaisy! Wear them proud, mafia team, you earned it!

Proudly worn. :beer:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Return to “Previous Side Missions”